Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Buddhists and Hindus!

Are Buddhism and Hinduism the only religions that don't seem to suck ass? Il always hear stories of the terrors committed by Christians, Muslims and Jews, but rarely (or never)n about Buddhists and Hindus. Am I just ignorant of the bad things they do? Christians, Muslims and Jews tend to force their views on others, and they all think they are better than the other religions and willing to kill as a result. Whereas Buddhists and Hindus seem to mind their own.

What do you think?

by Anonymousreply 2110/05/2013

And yeah, I should have edited before posting.

by Anonymousreply 106/01/2010

Try reading the Indian newspapers sometime. You'll see stories about Hindu nationalists attacking Muslims and Christians. There are more stories than you want to read about murder and gang rape.

by Anonymousreply 206/01/2010

There are more than five religions in the world OP.

by Anonymousreply 306/01/2010

Buddhists are anti-gay!

by Anonymousreply 406/01/2010

The Buddhist Sinhalese in Sri Lanka have been accused of genocide against the Tamil minority.

by Anonymousreply 506/01/2010

Yes, OP. Thailand and India are the obviously countries that immediately spring to my mind whenever I think of enlightened social organization and a staunch dedication to the protection of human rights.

Namaste!

by Anonymousreply 606/01/2010

Raelian is the way to go!

by Anonymousreply 706/01/2010

LMAO. Obviously you are not a student of world history, OP. Just go and Google it. You'll learn that these religions are just as fucked up and evil as the western ones.

by Anonymousreply 806/01/2010

Hindus have the caste system. Their religion justifies their discrimination and hate.

Buddhists are misogynists and Tibet had a slave system in place before the Chinese invaded.

by Anonymousreply 906/01/2010

Does anyone know how to pronounce Ardhanarishvara properly?

by Anonymousreply 1010/05/2013

I'm a man who is married to another man who was once a Buddhist Monk from Burma. R4 you are misinformed about being anti-gay. Buddhism is a religion of peace and harmony and respect for mankind...regardless of sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 1110/05/2013

Although on the intolerance spectrum Buddhism far preferable to other religions, it shouldn't get a free pass. The Rohingya Muslim minority in Burma aren't well treated by the Buddhist majority at all.

Still, if I had to choose to live in Buddhist Thailand or Muslim Malaysia, I know which one I'd choose. That's not to say all Buddhist-majority countries are as tolerant - Burma, Sri Lanka and Bhutan have anti-gay laws on the books (although they've never been enforced in the latter two, and there's strong support for marriage equality in Sri Lanka.

Many westerners find elements of Buddhism appealing, and it's easy to see why. But that's not to say that in many Buddhist countries, Buddhism isn't used a tool for social and political control, just like it is with other religions.

by Anonymousreply 1210/05/2013

'fraid it's still just people in Buddshism and Hinduism too.

Also depends upon culture where practiced. Lots. Lots of different Buddhism branches and sects.

Prefer Buddhism I practice, Good luck to you.

by Anonymousreply 1310/05/2013

President Ikeda buddhism is a scary cult.

by Anonymousreply 1410/05/2013

Buddhism and Hinduism totally suck ass.

by Anonymousreply 1510/05/2013

Rubbing Lingam brings you luck and fertility.

by Anonymousreply 1610/05/2013

The fact that few talk about it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If you investigate, you will find that it has.

by Anonymousreply 1710/05/2013

I used to feel that way too, op. Then I realized there are fanatics in every religion.

by Anonymousreply 1810/05/2013

I had a boss who was a Buddhist and she was a complete sociopath with anger issues. That always struck me as odd. I could never picture her meditating and she was anything but Zen.

by Anonymousreply 1910/05/2013

Hinduism isn't really a religion anyway. The religion is Brahmanism.

by Anonymousreply 2010/05/2013

The very concept of religion leads to mayhem and death of the non believer. Religion is the justification for killing all things "evil." Religion is the ultimate expression of tribalism.

by Anonymousreply 2110/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.