Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I''ve never had a headache.

I don't know how I've avoided it. And I'm 50 now. I've certainly had my share of stress and challenges just like anyone else. But I've never had a headache.

by Anonymousreply 11807/11/2015

by Anonymousreply 106/01/2010

Well, that's pretty amazing. Almost everyone gets a headache now and then.

by Anonymousreply 206/01/2010

I'm envious OP. At certain times of the year, I have a headache more often than not. I've learned to live with it and manage the days. The good news is that I've never had any other serious health issues.

by Anonymousreply 306/01/2010

Try fasting for a couple of days and I guarantee you will get a headache.

by Anonymousreply 406/01/2010

wow OP.

You are so lucky.

by Anonymousreply 506/01/2010

You're a marvel. Ive had them since I was 7 or 8.

by Anonymousreply 606/01/2010

Hmmm, hard to believe. I get a headache whenever I'm tired, they happen daily. I have a bit of one right now, because my energy level is getting low. That's all it takes for me.

by Anonymousreply 706/01/2010

Your brain is going to explode at some point, OP. I know. I'm a doctor.

by Anonymousreply 906/01/2010

I had the perfect childhood... idealic in every way.

(Oh, I'm sorry, based on OP's post I thought we were playing the "look how good my life is. Jealous bitches?" game)

by Anonymousreply 1006/01/2010

Me either, OP.

It's the wierdest thing. I get tons of colds, I get an upset stomach at the drop of a hat (which is my "stress" symptom) and I've had the flue a few times. I have exzema, I get cold sores, etc. etc. as well as a few other more serious illnesses throughout my life - but I never, ever get headaches.

I have a good friend who gets horrible migraines, and they make her completely miserable. Not just having them, but knowing that they are lurking out there somewhere, ready to strike at any moment.

But even regular, run of the mill headaches are lost on me...

by Anonymousreply 1106/01/2010

You need to have a brain to have a headache, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1206/01/2010

Then R12, I guess you've never had a headache either.

by Anonymousreply 1306/01/2010

I've maybe had 5 my entire life and I'm 40. They really aren't that bad though when I do get them. Two Advil and I'm good.

by Anonymousreply 1406/01/2010

r12 = rubber r13 = glue

by Anonymousreply 1506/01/2010

Another headache free person here. I've had maybe two or three mild ones in my life and I'm in my 50s. I never smoked and I'm not a big drinker. Don't know if that means anything. I also don't get sick otherwise except for an occasional cold.

I think it's your genes. No one in my family got headaches and almost no one got sick. I cannot even imagine having to be taking meds all the time.

Sorry though to all those who have to endure them.

by Anonymousreply 1606/01/2010

Members of my family get headaches. But not me. I don't know that kind of pain.

by Anonymousreply 1706/01/2010

[quote]I think it's your genes Maybe from my fathers side but I don't get them and neither does my brother but my Mother dropped dead from a massive stroke after two smaller ones.

by Anonymousreply 1806/01/2010

not even an ice cream headache??

by Anonymousreply 1906/01/2010

R19...well an ice cream headache is somewhat momentary pain in my throat from the cold ice cream, not a pain in my head.

by Anonymousreply 2006/01/2010

by Anonymousreply 2106/01/2010

Not even a sinus headache? That's just plain weird.

by Anonymousreply 2206/01/2010

OP, you've obviously never heard Glenn Beck ranting.

by Anonymousreply 2306/01/2010

You must be new here, OP

by Anonymousreply 2406/01/2010

I rarely get headaches, either, or colds, for that matter. I don't even have aspirin in the house.

On the few times that I've had one, it was the prelude to the flu, or some other major illness.

by Anonymousreply 2506/01/2010

"Maybe from my fathers side but I don't get them and neither does my brother but my Mother dropped dead from a massive stroke after two smaller ones."

Sorry to hear about your Mom. I had a hearing loss and the MRI revealed an aneurysm. I never had a headache from the aneurysm though, it was asymptomatic.

Again, I'm very sorry for your loss.

by Anonymousreply 2606/01/2010

Yeah? Well I'VE had a headache, but I've never been to me. ::sniff::

by Anonymousreply 2706/01/2010

I've never had a really good pickle.

by Anonymousreply 2806/01/2010

[r28] Anonymous? Don't you mean Jerry Seinfeld?

by Anonymousreply 2906/01/2010

Almost never have a headache, or back pain, or cold sores, but my sinues' run like a fucking faucet,

by Anonymousreply 3006/02/2010

Excluding the rare hangover, I've been headache free for the past 49 years as well. Guess we're just lucky. Now if I could say the about my knees...

by Anonymousreply 3106/02/2010

Thank you reply 26, you're sweet.

by Anonymousreply 3206/02/2010

You people who don't get headaches should really ask your local university research hospital where to donate your body after your die so it can be studied. There must be something about your genetics or physiological expression that could be used to help those who suffer tremendously from headaches.

Or, if you're American, there must be some way that valuable medical research can be conducted at taxpayer expense and then used to extort billions of dollars from suffering citizens.

by Anonymousreply 3306/02/2010

That's a rare feat, OP. I hope you're not jinxing yourself by post this.

I get headaches when I'm very stressed and I can't sleep. I also get headaches if I nap during the day.

by Anonymousreply 3406/02/2010

Wow I've never had a headach either. I'm glad to know i'm not the only one. No hang over headaches, no brain freeze. I'm 30, still don't know why, but i'm not complaining

by Anonymousreply 3506/01/2011

Like. What.?

by Anonymousreply 3606/01/2011

i think the people who say they've never had a headache just have a higher tolerance for pain.

by Anonymousreply 3706/01/2011

[quote]well an ice cream headache is somewhat momentary pain in my throat from the cold ice cream, not a pain in my head.

But that, by definition, isn't an "ice cream headache" (a/k/a "brain freeze"). I don't know what that is, and I've never experienced an "ice cream sore throat".

An ice cream headache describes a brief, sharp, stabbing pain right between the eyes and it's caused by something cold moving across the roof of the mouth.

Maybe you just have a tough brain. Or maybe it's calloused.

by Anonymousreply 3806/01/2011

I've had very mild headaches (more like a dull ache) which are usually hydration-related, but only very painful headaches two or three times in my life. Well, except for hangovers.

I also rarely get sick and when I do it lasts no more than a day. Other than food poisoning (which I've had a few times), the last time I can say that I've had the flu (sickness lasting more than a day) was when I was 12 - 18 years ago. And I've never had a shot. I get a cold about once a year, and it's typically over in two or three days.

My partner, meanwhile, gets sick quite a bit. He can't understand why I don't.

by Anonymousreply 3906/01/2011

People like OP usually cause OTHER people's headaches.

by Anonymousreply 4006/01/2011

I had them when I was younger. Now I don't get them at all. Haven't had one for several years.

by Anonymousreply 4106/01/2011

[quote]i think the people who say they've never had a headache just have a higher tolerance for pain.

Nope, not even a dull ache. Nada, but I also don't remember any dreams. I wake up and don"t even have a feeling like I have dreamed. I remember one from when I was a little kid and that's it.

by Anonymousreply 4206/01/2011

OP, do you drink coffee? If so, give it up for a week and you'll have plenty of headaches.

by Anonymousreply 4306/01/2011

[quote]I also don't remember any dreams. I wake up and don"t even have a feeling like I have dreamed. I remember one from when I was a little kid and that's it.

Finally! Solved it! You are a homunculus.

by Anonymousreply 4406/01/2011

I'm the same way, I'm 29 years old and never had a headache. I decided to google it and see what it means. I guess I thought I would just say this. Thanks

by Anonymousreply 4510/02/2011

I am 61. I have never ever had a headache. I can eat a container of ice cream in a day and a bit and the cold does not bother me. I do not drink wine but a few beers does not bother me. Stress just makes me not sleep. Hope there is nothing wrong with me.

by Anonymousreply 4602/26/2012

Maybe you ALWAYS have a headache and just don't know the difference.

by Anonymousreply 4702/26/2012

I also have never had a headache, & am in my 50s. My mother lived her entire long life without ever having one either. I'd like to say clean living had something to do with it, but it's just not true, so I just say Thank you God.

by Anonymousreply 4806/12/2012

I sometimes get a blood sugar headache when I skip a meal. Apart from that, never.

by Anonymousreply 4906/12/2012

Heartaches are way more painfull

by Anonymousreply 5006/12/2012

OP, you must be a non-drinker.

by Anonymousreply 5106/12/2012

You probably stay well hydrated.

by Anonymousreply 5206/12/2012

You haven't met my mother.

by Anonymousreply 5306/12/2012

My dad was like you. He never had a headache in his life. He lived to 87, but he did have severely blocked carotid arteries, that gave him no symptoms except one time he started to see circles. I immediately took him to his ophthalmologist, thinking it was his glaucoma and the doctor knew this was a symptom of carotid artery disease. My dad went for a Doppler and it showed a 97% blockage on one side and 70% on the other. He had surgery to clear one side and before he had a chance to have the other side cleared he died of a stroke. Through all of this he never had a headache.

by Anonymousreply 5406/12/2012

I get migraines that can last a week. I live on the 45th floor and there are times when I'd just like to hurl myself out the window.

Lucky you OP.

by Anonymousreply 5506/12/2012

Let's ask your cojoined twin the same question.

by Anonymousreply 5606/12/2012

OP never had a brain, therefore there is plenty of room for everything "upstairs" and no need to worry about sinuses, migraines, aneurysms, and the like.

by Anonymousreply 5706/12/2012

ice cream is only brain freeze from sucking through a straw so fast. i've had several brain freezes from having a milk shake, but i have never had a headache or migraine either since i was very young. I had a migraine when i was little, and it caused me to puke, and since then i've never had one after that in 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 5807/13/2012

I can't imagine being headache-free. I've been getting frequent migraines since I was a child. Consider yourselves very lucky.

by Anonymousreply 5907/13/2012

Or, OP, maybe you're [italic]constantly[/italic] having a headache, so that you mistake it for the default, and don't even recognize it as one?

by Anonymousreply 6007/13/2012

OP Are you a retard? JAMA states, "No head for tards..."

by Anonymousreply 6107/13/2012

This thread is giving me one.

by Anonymousreply 6207/13/2012

More likely, you have had a continuous headache for your entire life and just think that's what a head normally feels like.

by Anonymousreply 6307/13/2012

[quote]I had the perfect childhood... idealic in every way.

Except for the lack of spelling lessons.

by Anonymousreply 6407/13/2012

R41 i'm like you. Had headaches when i was sick as a kid rarely have them as an adult (Maybe once or twice when i didn't sleep for over 24 hours)

R51 I don't drink too.

by Anonymousreply 6507/13/2012

Isn't Imitrex (sp?) supposed to be a godsend for migraine sufferers?

by Anonymousreply 6707/14/2012

I've had them on and off since childhood. I have one right now and I can't sleep because of it.

by Anonymousreply 6807/14/2012

So you never have taken Excedrin.

When I was a kid you used to be able to take aspirin and not die. Now you get the AIDS bread syndrome.

Of course you could also eat peanut butter and were smart enough to realize mommy's pills don't taste good.

And you drank water out of the hose. And you rode a bike without that douche bag helmet. And you could eat candy from strangers. And Penn State was a place to get a blow job.

by Anonymousreply 6907/14/2012

Imitrex makes me feel weird, it's no miracle for me. I took a dose and had a panic attack when my neck and head started getting a rush of pins and needles. My MD then gave me something called 'Maxalt MLT' which melts on the tongue with a creamy mint taste which makes me throw up. So, I'm screwed. I just ride it out, hoping the acetaminophen slowly melting in my rectum will bring relief.

by Anonymousreply 7007/14/2012

I rarely get headaches and typically only get them in association with a hangover. I've tried to get a brain freeze but it's never happened. I keep Excedrin migraine around the house for when I'm tired and need to get some cleaning done.

Trust me, I have enough stress in my life from my idiot neighbors and am very thankful that I don't get headaches to further complicate things.

by Anonymousreply 7107/14/2012

OP doesn't get headaches, but he gets stomachaches in his head

by Anonymousreply 7207/14/2012

i was born with aspergers(low fuctioning autisum) and i dont know if ill have a headache or not at some point but i havent ever had one either even when i accidenly slammed my head into a metal pole i diddnt get a headache

i think it has something to do with the biochemistry in our brains specificly our prefrontal cortex if any of you were born with asperers syndrome,adhd,obsessive compusive dissorder,autisum or dyslexia it can make the headaches worse but in some of these people it can make them invunerable to these headaches

by Anonymousreply 7308/15/2012

Lucky me, I never had a headache ever. From what I hear, it can be an intense pain in your head. I've never felt that kind of pain. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 7408/15/2012

You never had a headache?

You've never tried to post to Datalounge without a paid account

by Anonymousreply 7508/15/2012

Frank ... I'm Getting A Sick Headache.

by Anonymousreply 7608/15/2012

It's a headache, nothing but headache

by Anonymousreply 7708/15/2012

I get migraines and sinus headaches on a regular basis. I've never smoked. I don't drink, never have. I'm also drug free, save migraine meds. I bet headaches from change in atmospheric pressure, allergies (food and environmental), stress, lack of sleep/too much sleep, and hormone fluctuations.

Like several others, I'm otherwise healthy.

by Anonymousreply 7808/15/2012

People with the AIDS do not get headaches because the headache gene is turned off by the HIV

by Anonymousreply 7908/15/2012

Anyone who claims to have never had a headache is a liar.

by Anonymousreply 8008/15/2012

you r quite lucky i get headaches ALOT. and like others said, i alike get an upset stomache at the drop of a hat.

by Anonymousreply 8108/15/2012

I've never had a headache either and I'm 24. Is there something wrong with that??

by Anonymousreply 8209/16/2012

I get them periodically. I've had one migraine headache. I threw up it was so bad. Went away as suddenly as it came.

by Anonymousreply 8309/16/2012

Isn't that special, OP!

by Anonymousreply 8409/16/2012

That's because you have never met my boyfriend's mother.

by Anonymousreply 8509/16/2012

I've never gotten a headache either. I smoke, drink, sleep odd hours, have been sick: never felt one. My family members get them too, even crippling migraines. Not sure why I don't.

by Anonymousreply 8609/30/2013

Wow. I get headaches weekly, and I've had migraines that I literally thought we're going to kill me.

by Anonymousreply 8810/24/2013

[quote] I had the perfect childhood... idealic in every way.

Oh dear!

by Anonymousreply 8910/24/2013

My headaches are much better after menopause. Estrogen kills.

by Anonymousreply 9010/24/2013

[quote] some ignorant 'Fake' Christians

If there's any Christians who aren't ignorant, your post is certainly no proof. Do you realize how crazy you sound? Completely bonkers.

by Anonymousreply 9110/24/2013

"If there's any Christians who aren't ignorant, your post is certainly no proof. Do you realize how crazy you sound? Completely bonkers." - Anonymous

How is it there is no proof? Why do I sound crazy?

The fact that you quickly assume that it is "bonkers" and "crazy" means that you refuse to even research these simple facts. You have no right to respond like this unless you have a valid argument. I will not argue with someone who (Just doesn't like the sound of it). Those people earn no respect in my book.

Thank You, and God Bless you Brother.

by Anonymousreply 9210/27/2013

I don't get headaches, I give them!

by Anonymousreply 9310/27/2013

R71, said the only headache he has ever had was with a hangover. So I was wondering if the others here saying they never had a headache, have you also never had a hangover? I was wondering what a hangover would be like if no headache was involved.

by Anonymousreply 9410/29/2013

I Am 57 Years Old Never Ever Had A Headache

by Anonymousreply 9512/24/2013

I've never had a child.

by Anonymousreply 9612/24/2013

The only time when I get a headache is when I haven't slept in ca. 24 hours and then go to sleep for ca. ten hours straight. When I wake up the headache is only minor, but it steadily increases during the day. A recent medical study claims that during sleep the brain is literally 'washed' in order to get rid of all the toxins that have build up during the day, so this - and the dehydration of the brain - may be one of the reasons why someone experiences a headache.

by Anonymousreply 9712/24/2013

You are indeed lucky OP! I have not vomited in just over 31 years.

by Anonymousreply 9812/24/2013

I know this thread is 3 1/2 years old, and has gotten off track, but I just wanted to let you know that the OP (who I know) was diagnosed with a brain tumor in May of this year, and died two nights ago.

Apparently he was saving up all those years for the one big headache of his life. It lasted four months, solid, and for the last six weeks any time the oxymorphone started to wear off he screamed at the top of his lungs in agony. It was terrible. By the end he had no vocal cords left, so as he died is was just like a horrible, long hiss.

Just thought you should know. I have his cat.

by Anonymousreply 9912/24/2013

Merry Christmas to you, too, R99.

by Anonymousreply 10012/24/2013

Nice of you to take on the OP's cat, r99.

But what will happen to the cat if YOU have a headache...

by Anonymousreply 10112/25/2013

Me either I never got one before weird but good never got dizzy either

by Anonymousreply 10204/21/2014

I never had a headache either. Never ever. In my 50s now.

by Anonymousreply 10304/21/2014

Well im in my 50's and I've never farted or belched. I was brought up with a healthy balanced diet. I eat at a slow pace and chew my food well. I think that may have something to do with it. Oh, and I've never used a public toilet for bm purposes. I have one bm a day, mornings before I leave the house.

by Anonymousreply 10404/21/2014

I've never ever had a headache either. Not even with colds and flus!

by Anonymousreply 10507/04/2014

OP -- Are you anencephalic?

This could explain it.

by Anonymousreply 10607/04/2014

Watch Moulin rouge

by Anonymousreply 10707/04/2014

No one in my family has ever heard one of my sisters fart. We joke about it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 10807/04/2014

I never had one before either people dont believe but thruth is i never gotten a headache before

by Anonymousreply 10907/20/2014

I am 63 and also never have had a headache. I also don't vomit or burp. Maybe related? Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 11001/10/2015

I'm like you OP. I've rarely had headaches...I say rarely because when I finally got one and it was strong I thought I was going through some depression. I eventually took some advil and the pain went away and I realized that was my first big headache. It sounds bizarre and when I tell people this story most of them don't believe me. But it's true. Before that big headache I never had a headache before.

Not having headaches is not good because your level of tolerance is very low and when the headaches will start happening you won't be able to cope with them.

by Anonymousreply 11101/10/2015

44 yrs-old and I’ve hardly ever had a headache (last one about 15 yrs ago); I don’t drink coffee and tea so...

Haven’t had flu in about 25 years maybe longer.

Haven’t had had a cold in 10 years.

Haven’t had the wild shytes or vomited in a 20 + years (both phobias of mine)

Never ever had a nosebleed.

Haven’t had a skid mark since I was 15. Of all my achievements this is the thing I’m most proud about.

by Anonymousreply 11201/10/2015

It must be nice to have never had a headache. I wish.

by Anonymousreply 11301/10/2015

I never got a headache in my life, I thought it was just luck and very rare.

by Anonymousreply 11402/14/2015

I'm the exact same as you , reply 11. I get all sorts of illnesses, colds , I've got exma (sorry don't know how to spell it) ashma ( again not sure how to spell it) but I've never ever in my live had a headache. Although I'm only 11 , all my friends when I tell them they go "seriously! Not even one ! And they call me "lucky " so maybe it is a good thing

by Anonymousreply 11506/09/2015

I have a 21 year old friend who claims he never had a fever. Now this I find impossible.

by Anonymousreply 11607/11/2015

Has anyone known someone who suffered from migraines for years and then found the solution? My sister has had them for 25 years and I feel horrible for her. She has to go to the ER and get shots all the time.

by Anonymousreply 11707/11/2015

I've never stubbed my toe.

by Anonymousreply 11807/11/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!