Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Weird appetite suppressant

So I ask my bf to go get some coffee and he brought back Dunkin Donuts TURBO. The next morning I drank a cup (from a french press) and wasn't hungry all day. The next day, same thing. This has been going on for 2 weeks and I have to remind myself to eat on the days I drink the coffee. I'm a small guy, and really don't want to lose any weight.

However, I told a friend about it and she has already lost 5 lbs. I'm not saying it's the best way to lose weight, but if you want to suppress your appetite, this stuff works. No jitters either, and a great energy boost.

by Anonymousreply 56June 15, 2010 6:49 AM

Wow you must have a lot of shares in DD.

by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2010 3:24 AM

What is Dunkin Donuts TURBO?

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2010 3:29 AM

Caffeine is a very cheap way to kill your appetite and rev up your metabolism. Back in the 50s and 60s, women all over the country were on the coffee-and-cigarette diet.

Caffeine can be an appetite suppressant for many people, but some find it just makes them want to eat more.

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2010 3:34 AM

Weird? That caffeine is an appetite suppressant is hardly news.

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2010 3:36 AM

No shares in DD R3.

R4,I drink a LOT of coffee, and nothing has ever stopped my appetite. If coffee was such a great appetite suppressant, everyone would be skinny from drinking coffee.

I was just sharing because I know there are people here that are trying to lose weight. Sheesh. I thought maybe the TURBO had something different in it, extra caffeine, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2010 3:49 PM

Enjoy the weight loss. The palpitations will start soon and you'll wish you had those 5 pounds back.

by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2010 3:54 PM

Caffeine is an appetite suppressant. The crashes and heart palpitations are a bitch, though.

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2010 4:19 PM

It does NOTHING to suppress my appetite.

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2010 5:12 PM

R8, did you try the DD Turbo?

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2010 5:40 PM

OP, couple of questions. Why is it important to make it in a french press? Also, coffee is a diuretic? You could be losing water. Do you only drink one cup a day and your appetite is suppressed all day? That seems like a long time for it to last.

I'm willing to give this a whirl. I will report my results on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2010 5:46 PM

You can get a free sample through the link below (found this on the dd site looking for info about the coffee). OP has me curious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2010 6:03 PM

Actually, don't bother filling out that link, sorry, I posted it before I actually submitted the form.

Promo's over. They should take the dang thing down.

by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2010 6:05 PM

Yes R9 I did. I ate a huge breakfast after two cups.

by Anonymousreply 13May 31, 2010 6:08 PM

R10, I don't know if it's important to make it with a french press - that's just how I make all my coffee. Not sure there would be a difference. I'll be curious if it works for you - let me know. It would be great if it worked for everyone who wanted to eat less.

And yes, my appetite is suppressed all day. Not good, because I am short and skinny! I had some this morning around 6am and haven't eaten yet, no desire. Switching back to something else next week. I love the no jitter buzz, but not the appetite suppressant part.

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2010 6:13 PM

I checked online and they don't have turbo at all the DD's. You put in your zip code and your coffee selection and they show you what stores in your area have it. I have to drive 5 miles to Target or 8 miles to Giant supermarket. None of the area DD's have it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2010 6:42 PM

R15's link had the closest place to me at over 20 miles away - but Amazon had the answer.

Ordered!

by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2010 6:53 PM

Obvious viral marketing attempt.

by Anonymousreply 17May 31, 2010 7:03 PM

oh hmm, will they make it for me in the stores or do i have to make it myself?

by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2010 7:08 PM

What adult eats at Dunkin Donuts?

by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2010 7:12 PM

It's just ordinary coffee, there isn't any extra caffeine or additives.

Obvious marketing ploy is obvious.

by Anonymousreply 20May 31, 2010 7:12 PM

This is not a marketing ploy. I'm not even going to buy more after this batch.

Can't anyone post anything here anymore without it being thought of as marketing, EST or the OP being accused of being a SHILL?

Damn, something weird happened to me, and I posted it because I thought it might help others.

by Anonymousreply 21May 31, 2010 7:27 PM

Here is why you were thought a shill. You seem to have a condition that ONLY exists in you. It does not suppress anyone else's appetite. Therefore it might seem you are trying to shill this product making it seem that we will be less fat if we drink this coffee.

by Anonymousreply 22May 31, 2010 7:41 PM

[quote]Can't anyone post anything here anymore without it being thought of as marketing,

There are a lot of stupid people here who see "shill" or "pr" behind every thread.

by Anonymousreply 23May 31, 2010 7:54 PM

OP

Turbo has an expresso shot coupled with regular coffee.

If you were to buy it in the store, it would just be a mix of super finely ground coffee (expresso) and regular coffee.

If you were to have it iced or soemthing with a cocoa flavoring, then it would get you rather hyper for sure.

I would save my money and just go to the coffee/tea isle and grind my own blend.

I am Colombian so I know my coffee and Dunkin Donuts is alright if you are on the road or something, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 24May 31, 2010 11:00 PM

"I know my coffee"

Honey, you don't even know how to spell it. Expresso? **snort**

Cocoa flavoring and ice don't get you "hyper", caffine does.

by Anonymousreply 25May 31, 2010 11:44 PM

[quote]What adult eats at Dunkin Donuts?

All of them up North, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 26June 1, 2010 12:25 AM

R25

I spelled things correctly.

And yes, chocolate combined with really strong coffee makes one hyper as hell. And, if it is a frozen drink it condenses the molecular structure of the coffee as well as the chocolate which results in an extra strong "kick."

Are you alright, man?

by Anonymousreply 27June 1, 2010 12:45 AM

espresso

espresso

espresso

by Anonymousreply 28June 1, 2010 12:48 AM

I LOVED Turbo from American Gladiators. He was a total fantasy man for me.

by Anonymousreply 29June 1, 2010 12:52 AM

R27 you are wrong. Seriously, if you are going to pretend to be a coffee expert, you should really learn to spell espresso.

by Anonymousreply 30June 1, 2010 1:01 AM

I know Mr. F from previous posts and can vouch he is no shill. Thank you for the tip, Mr. F. I am sorry everyone on DL is a twat these days.

by Anonymousreply 31June 1, 2010 1:08 AM

"Caffine," R25? You really shouldn't be casting stones.

by Anonymousreply 32June 2, 2010 7:22 AM

[quote] Honey, you don't even know how to spell it. Expresso? **snort**

Many Latin based countries, such as France, Spain, and Portugal, use the expresso form. In the United States and Canada, both espresso and expresso are used.

Merriam-Webster good enough for you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 2, 2010 7:32 AM

I spelled it expresso for years because I first had it while living in Paris.

Thanks, Mr F, I have a few pounds to lose and I need to buy more coffee, so I'll give it a try. Will be interesting to see if it works.

by Anonymousreply 34June 2, 2010 11:02 AM

AP stylebook sez: The coffee is espresso, not expresso.

by Anonymousreply 35June 2, 2010 11:35 AM

We don't follow AP here.

by Anonymousreply 36June 2, 2010 11:53 AM

MR F = Mentally Retarded Female

by Anonymousreply 37June 2, 2010 12:14 PM

[quote]In the United States and Canada, both espresso and expresso are used.

Just because both are used doesn't mean both are right.

by Anonymousreply 38June 2, 2010 12:28 PM

The phrase, "I could care less" is USED all the time too---way over used in fact, and dead wrong.

by Anonymousreply 39June 2, 2010 12:34 PM

In an Italian restaurant in NY when someone ordered expresso the waiter said he had never heard of it.

I ordered espresso and got it. The man who had his order denied could not hear the difference and was just befuddled. I tried to explain it to him and he kept saying....'that's what I said.' he really could not hear the difference between the words.

by Anonymousreply 40June 2, 2010 1:47 PM

Thanks for the tip Mr. F. One of the women in my office had mentioned that every time she drinks it it kills her appetite, but I thought it was just her. Gonna have to try it.

by Anonymousreply 41June 2, 2010 2:48 PM

What an asshole of a waiter.

by Anonymousreply 42June 2, 2010 2:51 PM

So it works for two people...wow.

The waiter was right, he had no expresso.

by Anonymousreply 43June 2, 2010 2:58 PM

The waiter, like every other person here, knew exactly what the customer wanted and chose to be a dick about it rather than do his job graciously. Only an insecure asshole feels the need to do shit like that - like r25, r43 and the waiter in question.

by Anonymousreply 44June 2, 2010 3:06 PM

[quote]MR F = Mentally Retarded Female

Give it a rest. It wasn't funny the 1st time you posted it, and it's still not funny (200 posts later)

by Anonymousreply 45June 3, 2010 1:00 AM

R44 he wanted expresso...as there is no such thing he got the appropriate service.

by Anonymousreply 46June 3, 2010 1:07 AM

I'm assuming you can get a Turbo blend at a Dunkin Donuts shop? I'd like to try it before buying a bag.

by Anonymousreply 47June 3, 2010 7:15 PM

I've had it for three mornings now - it's good coffee (I like Dunkin Donuts coffee), and I guess the best I can say is I don't know if it has an effect?

I was getting all ready to type that it doesn't do anything, but that's not quite true. I haven't been as hungry the past few nights at dinner, and I haven't been as hungry at all during the day (but that isn't really unusual for me). More unusual for me is that I haven't had any of my usual cravings for sweets after dinner, I've felt full.

I can't say for sure if that's the coffee - but hey, since I'm drinking coffee anyway, I guess I might as well drink this.

by Anonymousreply 48June 8, 2010 1:25 AM

R48, cool that it seems to be working. Do you drink it with your breakfast?

I forgot to mention that I get up and have my coffee, read the paper, then about 30 minutes to an hour later I eat breakfast. However, when I drink it WITH breakfast, it doesn't suppress it as much.

My bf went and got ANOTHER bag (!) so I'll go ahead and drink it, but I have to drink it while I eat.

by Anonymousreply 49June 12, 2010 8:39 AM

You shining lights are aware that Dunkin' Donuts doesn't have a patent on dumping a shot of espresso into a cup of drip coffee, right?

by Anonymousreply 50June 12, 2010 9:29 AM

That's the same as a red eye and a black eye at Starbucks. One gives you a cup of coffee with one extra shot of espresso and the other adds a double shot into the coffee. It's not on the regular menu but if you ask for it they will make it for you. It gives you a pretty long buzz unless you are a true caffeine addict, in which case it does nothing.

by Anonymousreply 51June 12, 2010 11:37 AM

I love R50.

Why not just drink an espresso, or an expresso (that waiter would be fired if I owned that restaurant)???

by Anonymousreply 52June 12, 2010 12:07 PM

Not only will it help you LOSE WEIGHT, it will GIVE YOU A BIGGER DICK even if you;re a woman. It will also give you EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA, and NIGHT BLINDNESS if you APPLY IT DIRECTLY TO YOUR HEAD. It may also cause BIRTH DEFECTS even if you AREN'T PREGNANT, in which case it may CAUSE PREGNANCY, but only in children under the age of 12. Dunkin Donuts TURBO is being used by BP to help sop up the oil spill in the Gulf Coast but so far it is causing MUTATIONS IN WILD LIFE, and may bring about the END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT.

by Anonymousreply 53June 12, 2010 12:10 PM

One of R53's morning pills must've rolled under the fridge without her noticing...

by Anonymousreply 54June 12, 2010 1:25 PM

LOL @ r54

by Anonymousreply 55June 15, 2010 6:26 AM

OP = Over zealous marketing shill.

by Anonymousreply 56June 15, 2010 6:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!