Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Small things that irritate the hell out of you

Here's a couple of mine:

1. People who slurp their coffee.

2. Idiots who hold up the line at an ice cream store because they have to slowly taste their ice cream samples before making the huge decision to buy one.

by Anonymousreply 43401/18/2013

Related to coffee slurping for me is people who eat with their mouth open.

I rage when someone around me cracks their gum. I know it's irrational, but it just makes me go mental.

by Anonymousreply 105/30/2010

People who slurp their coffee irritates the fuck out me. Why do people do that?

People who talk loudly on their cellphones

People who whistle

by Anonymousreply 305/30/2010

Yes, the coffee slurping thing is oddly enraging. . .something about the fact that we're supposed to savor the goddamn moment with them. Yuck. I hate it when people at the gym don't take their stupid extra weights off of the machines after using them. It's not my job to do it for you, idiot! That being said, I've been known to whistle. It just comes out. I'll stop, if take those weights off the gym machines.

by Anonymousreply 405/30/2010

R2 - I hear you. There's a downstairs bathroom in my office that is a bio-hazard. Lift up the seat if you're too pee-shy to go at a urinal - and blot up the drops if you get it on the seat please.

I'm amazed at what people do to toilets.

There's one guy in my office who blows snot-rockets on the wall. And the cleaning person never cleans it up.

by Anonymousreply 505/30/2010

People who suck their teeth.

by Anonymousreply 605/30/2010

People who don't fully swallow and my cum dribbles. I SAID EAT, NOW EAT!

by Anonymousreply 705/30/2010

People who slurp spaghetti and crunch food annoy me. I know some foods crunch, but I shouldn't hear you crunching pretzels across the room.

People who talk loudly on cell phones and blast their TVs or music irk me, too. No respect for others.

by Anonymousreply 805/30/2010

my boyfriend's dick

by Anonymousreply 905/30/2010

People that flick cigarette butts out the car window. Its why there is an ashtray in your GODDAMN car!

by Anonymousreply 1005/30/2010

People who slurp their cereal.

At a cafe I used to hang out at, this guy would swish his coffee, milk or whatever as if it where mouthwash and then swallow. Loudly too and would gross me out. Why?! In a public place.

by Anonymousreply 1105/30/2010

Lately, what drives me up the wall, is the flip-flops noise. I cannot stand it.

by Anonymousreply 1205/30/2010

But, primetime is OVAH! It just happened.

by Anonymousreply 1405/30/2010

People who could exit via the rear door on a bus but do not, causing it to take more time for people to get on.

by Anonymousreply 1505/30/2010

People who don't have the common sense to walk on the right.

by Anonymousreply 1605/30/2010

People who, after walking in a store, restaurant, or office buiding, let the door close in your face, even though you're maybe two feet behind them.

by Anonymousreply 1705/30/2010

[quote]But, primetime is OVAH! It just happened.

I realize that but that doesn't negate what they've done (or not done) for the last 5 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 1905/30/2010

gym stuff:

guys who spread there clothes, gymbag and whatnot all over an entire bench in the locker room so my old ass has nowhere to sit and tie up my gym shoes.

guys who don't towel off in the shower room after their swim/shower but instead drip-dry at the lockers leaving a big puddle that I always step in in my sock feet.

guys who monopolize multiple machines/dumbbells/benches as if they own the place.

fraus. oh sorry, you said SMALL things.

by Anonymousreply 2005/30/2010

Adults who make noise when they yawn. I think it's kind of cute when babies and toddlers yawn but adults need to do it without making all that noise.

Open cabinet doors irritate me. If you open it, close it and close it all the way.

by Anonymousreply 2105/30/2010

People who still pay by checks -- especially when the line is long at the grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 2205/30/2010

who the fuck still pays by check?

by Anonymousreply 2305/30/2010

People who are talking with one another or on a cell phone while waiting in line, then get to the head of the line and aren't ready. This could be tickets, fast food, grocery checkouts, whatever.

(I still pay by check at the grocery store but I have the check filled out with everything but the amount when I go to check out, so it takes me no more than a few extra seconds.)

People taking more than one seat on the bus/train/subway while others are standing.

People letting their kids run out of control in restaurants and stores.

by Anonymousreply 2505/30/2010

r23, usually older people senior citizens), at least from my experience.

by Anonymousreply 2605/30/2010

"Adults who make noise when they yawn. I think it's kind of cute when babies and toddlers yawn but adults need to do it without making all that noise."

R21, I just had a conversation with someone the other day about this! I know it's annoying but I can't yawn without making a noise at the end of the yawn. It's very odd, I'll readily admit.

by Anonymousreply 2705/30/2010

People who, when walking, walk slowly and take up the space of several people, blocking anyone behind them.

There's the him-hand swing, where you shift your 45-inch hips a yard in either direction, all the while swinging your hands to prevent someone from getting by on the side your hips aren't occupying. (The hand thing is particularly disturbing, because the women who do it seem to be aiming at the family jewels of any man who might want to get around them.)

Then there's those who work with a partner. The one on the left moves to the left and the one on the right sways to the right, so people can't go around them. But, just in case someone tries to go between them, the move back together, expanding and contracting to occupy as much space as possible.

The singles and doubles are invariably women. But when you've got three or more, it can be any mix. Spread out as far as possible, but make sure there isn't enough room to move between you.

What's really galling is the fact that, more and more, people seem to be doing these maneuvers intentionally, and then act offended when people manage to work their ways around their fat asses.

by Anonymousreply 2805/30/2010

People who take the elevator up one flight of stairs.

Pussy bottoms who scream and cry when they're getting a big dick. It's a hole and it can stretch, get over yourself princess.

by Anonymousreply 2905/30/2010

OP's penis.

by Anonymousreply 3005/30/2010

Straight couples who apparently CANNOT let go of each other's hands, trying to push their way through a crowd.

by Anonymousreply 3105/30/2010

People who bitch about petty things and think other people are interested.

by Anonymousreply 3205/30/2010

Rahm Emmanuel.

by Anonymousreply 3405/30/2010

People who hit you with their bags on the subway, especially your legs.

Why do 90% of woman carry two bags? It is a tit thing?

by Anonymousreply 3505/30/2010

Bill's penis.

by Anonymousreply 3605/30/2010

People who don't say "thank you" after you hold the door open for them.

by Anonymousreply 3705/30/2010

[quote]The singles and doubles are invariably women. But when you've got three or more, it can be any mix. Spread out as far as possible, but make sure there isn't enough room to move between you.

This is what scientists term "herd behaviour". It is often accompanied by grazing. When they stampede - look out!

by Anonymousreply 3805/30/2010

People who write things like "People who think making bitchy comments about people making bitchy comments makes them so above it all and so, so clever, when it just makes them seem even more petty, humorless and dull," who are more tedious than can be imagined.

by Anonymousreply 3905/30/2010

a small reck in my shoe.

by Anonymousreply 4005/30/2010

People who walk on escalators.

by Anonymousreply 4105/30/2010

People like r41 who are too fucking lazy to work with gravity and walk down an escalator. How fucking lazy can you be???

by Anonymousreply 4205/30/2010

Halfwits who won't put their shopping carts in the corral, and just leave them in a vacant parking spot to roll into people's cars.

People who park their carts in the middle of an aisle-- sometimes diagonally across it!-- while they wander off like cretins looking for stuff. WTF?

Redneck guys opening their pickup truck doors and horking phlegm blobs on the pavement while waiting at an intersection.

Cyclists pedaling two or more abreast, ever so slowly, refusing to give way on a winding road with a 45mph speed limit. Gah!

by Anonymousreply 4305/30/2010

Ex-smokers, ex-fatties.

by Anonymousreply 4405/30/2010

[quote]Halfwits who won't put their shopping carts in the corral, and just leave them in a vacant parking spot to roll into people's cars.

Even worse: people who leave their carts in the middle of a handicapped parking spot.

by Anonymousreply 4505/30/2010

Women in line at the ATM. When it's their turn they walk up to the machine, then they rummage through their purse for ten minutes, zipping and unzipping, snapping and unsnapping, before pulling out a wallet that is a small purse in itself, then they search through the wallet for another five minutes of zipping and unzipping, snapping and unsnapping, before finding their ATM card, (all they while with a sense of panic, as if they didn't realize that they would need the card to use the machine).

They insert their card in the machine and enter their PIN number with a 20 second pause between numbers, then do the same thing as they choose which account and the amount. When the money comes out, the stay there and count it several times, then they look at their receipt for a few minutes... then they rummage through the wallet again to put away the card, then they rummage to put away the money... and then they search for the right place to put the receipt, often pulling out the last receipt to stare at it for a few minutes... Then the root through their purse, zipping and unzipping, snapping and unsnapping, to put the wallet in just the right place, only then do they step aside for the next person to use the machine.

by Anonymousreply 4605/30/2010

R43--there's the classic shopping cart maneuver. Park your cart on the side of the aisle (as opposed, thankfully, to the tradition of parking it in the middle of the aisle).

Then park yourself on the other side of the aisle, along side your cart, effectively blocking off the aisle.

by Anonymousreply 4705/30/2010

R46 this is SO fucking true. Why do people do this? I want to smash them

by Anonymousreply 4805/30/2010

r42, its dangerous and annoying, especially in crowded places. They would kick your ass in Tokyo for walking on an escalator, and rightly so. Take the fucking stairs.

When your head is busted open to the white meat and your toes are amputated THEN you will understand!

by Anonymousreply 5005/30/2010

I can't stand it when people clip their nails on the bus or subway. Do it at HOME people!

by Anonymousreply 5105/30/2010

People who drive with their high beams on ALL the time.

Long after they've gotten off the highway.

They tend to tailgate.

And drive monster SUV's.

Yeah, I see you. Fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 5205/30/2010

The invisible car.

Yes, you read that right: the invisible car.

I don't know if this is a Florida phenomenon or what, but I've lived a lot of places and I have never seen it anywhere else.

Here's what happens: the light turns red, but the person leaves an entire car length (and sometimes more) between his car and the car in front of his, a space, in fact, big enough to park another car IN. Hence, the "invisible car." It's almost as if they see a car there that's not actually there, and they stop behind it.

I have no idea why they stop that far back. In fact, sometimes they do it when there's not even a car in front of them. There's clearly a white line which marks where a car is supposed to stop when the light turns red, but sometimes cars will stop 20 feet before the line and just sit there until the light turns green.

This causes many more people to get rear-ended than you could possibly imagine, although one woman wold me that she was taught to stop that far back so, just in case someone DOES rear end her, she won't in turn hit the car in front of her. I guess she never considered that, if the person behind you has no idea you're going to stop 20 feet before you actually need to, the likelihood of GETTING rear-ended increases exponentially.

Next pet peeve: people who stop in the middle of the street to let someone pull out in front of them with no warning whatsoever. I have seen this happen across two lanes of traffic when there are THREE lanes. I am driving up the left lane which is completely clear when BOOM! a car pulls right out in front of me from a business or what have you, and I was just supposed to ESP that the cars in the right two lanes had stopped -- and even gestured -- for the person to pull out across the three lanes. Being Good Samaritans, as it were.

The funniest thing about that (besides the person I rear-ended who stopped right in front of me once) is that these people don't seem to realize that being kind to the person who wants to pull out in the middle of traffic backs up the traffic behind them and can cause those people to hit red lights they would not have otherwise hit. So in their "kindness" to the person who wants to pull out, these drivers are fucking over many more drivers who are waiting behind them who have the legitimate right-of-way.

OK, I think I'm done now.

by Anonymousreply 5305/30/2010

Subway musicians. They always suck. There is no escape. It's always loud and annoying....particularly the Asian guy who plays the skreeeetchy string instrument in the 42nd st platform (1,2,3 lines) and the eardrum-piercing, headache-inducing Steel-Drum players at Penn Station & 59th street. There is no place in hell too hot for these people.

by Anonymousreply 5405/30/2010

r53, do you live in Miami? Chances are its some idiot from New York who doesn't know how to drive.

by Anonymousreply 5505/30/2010

English people who use an "Americanism" (like vacation instead of holiday) then hate that the "Americanism" exists in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 5605/30/2010

by Anonymousreply 5705/30/2010

I'm not sure if this was posted, because I didn't make it through all 55 pages: Those walkie-takie features on cell phones. I DO NOT NEED TO HEAR YOUR CONVERSATIONS!

Also, people who pop gum.

People who don't open or close doors when your arms are full of bags & you're RIGHT THERE.

People who yell at/disrespect their elders for no obvious reason.

People who mistreat animals.

by Anonymousreply 5805/30/2010

People, and the stuff they do.

Bugs the shit out of me.

by Anonymousreply 5905/30/2010

R53-- agreed completely. Makes me so pissed, especially because it often results in cars further down the line getting caught sitting in the intersection.

I'll never understand how clueless people are about how their actions have an impact on others. Do these people think they exist inside a bubble?

by Anonymousreply 6005/30/2010

[quote]Here's what happens: the light turns red, but the person leaves an entire car length (and sometimes more) between his car and the car in front of his, a space, in fact, big enough to park another car IN.

You need to reread your driver's manual. You ARE supposed to leave a full car length, even at a stop.

You're right about the stupidity of not pulling all the way up to the stop line, though.

by Anonymousreply 6105/30/2010

I hate it when people have the hiccups and they make loads of noise. You're an adult. You should be able to do it quietly, or better yet, have a way to get rid of them. I figured it out when I was about 16. Geez.

I am also annoyed by people who drive 20 under the speed limit on a single lane road. Pull the fuck over and let everyone pass, idiot.

by Anonymousreply 6205/30/2010

And all of you gentlemen can't find a partner! I find that hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 6305/30/2010

Just at the grocery store:

1. Women who wait to take out their checkbooks until they're at the cashier and the order has been rung up and the clerk is standing there with her hand out. It happens all the time and it's always women with a line behind them. Cunts.

2. The cart in the middle of the aisle so you can't go around it and the woman (of course) ignores the bottlenecks in front of and behind her.

3. Bosnians, Russians, Arabs, etc. who pretend they can't speak English when the checker asks them questions.

4. People whose credit cards are denied and their response is to frown, shake their heads, and repeatedly submit the same payment mode until the plastic shreds from the repetition.

5. People who leave their carts in the check-out lane when they're done paying.

6. Food stamp people buying better quality meats than I can afford and loading up on crap food.

by Anonymousreply 6405/30/2010

[quote]They would kick your ass in Tokyo

They're known for doing that in Japan! It is one kick-ass culture.

by Anonymousreply 6505/30/2010

by Anonymousreply 6605/30/2010

[quote]The cart in the middle of the aisle so you can't go around it and the woman (of course) ignores the bottlenecks in front of and behind her.

Wrong. Men are much more clueless and unaware that they aren't the only people in the universe. I always find myself muttering somthing under my breath like, "yes, by all means, take up the WHOLE isle with your cart since YOU are the only one here."

by Anonymousreply 6705/30/2010

r67, please. The kind of man that actually goes grocery shopping does not do that, although that may be true elsewhere. It's always the women or teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 6805/30/2010

Drivers on cell phones that feel the entire world must wait for them. They drive 15 miles under the speed limit or wait 45 seconds to go after the light has changed and then flip you off when you honk to get their ass going!

by Anonymousreply 6905/31/2010

You do NOT r67! How scandalous!

by Anonymousreply 7005/31/2010

I live in a smallish but busy UK town. Routinely, couples will meet in the town, and then conduct their social lives. By which I mean in shop aisles, at shop entrances, on crowded pavements. Two or three couples will meet and greet and earnestly cheerfully catch up, OBLIVIOUS of shoppers with bags wanting to go about their business.

by Anonymousreply 7205/31/2010

The last many people I have seen writing checks at the store are men. Old, queeny looking men who purse their lips as they slowly form each letter and digit on their checks, then balance the damn checkbook before handing the check to the cashier.

In fact, the last person I was stuck behind while he wrote a check was an obviously gay, obese middle aged man in one of those electric grocery carts. He needed the extra time to chat up the Latino cashier. I wonder if he's on DL.

by Anonymousreply 7305/31/2010

R53 Here in South Africa the cops recommend you leave a car's length at the intersection so you'll have an escape route if someone tries to carjack you. I'm sure Florida's carjacking stats don't compare to ours but they're still pretty high, I think?

by Anonymousreply 7405/31/2010

R53 I always leave room... maybe not a car length but leaving room is a good thing. Sometimes that lane may not move so you want to go around the person in front of you. If you're too close, you can't.

by Anonymousreply 7505/31/2010

People who walk 3 or 4 across at the airport or on the sidewalk. So rude.

Gum chewing. So tacky.

People at work who insist on using the "reply all" email function for something that doesn't remotely require it.

by Anonymousreply 7605/31/2010

Waiters/Waitresses who do any of the following:

Clear one person's plate's before the entire table is finished with the course.

Bring out food without the proper silverware, so you have to stare at your food, watching it get cold, while they go get it for you (stopping to clear a table on the way)

Touch you.

by Anonymousreply 7705/31/2010

Now we see who all the bad drivers are, hunh?

by Anonymousreply 7805/31/2010

People, almost exclusively women, who drive slowly in the passing lane of a highway.Seniors do this also, but it's 99% women, many of whom are yakking on the phone.

by Anonymousreply 7905/31/2010

[quote] People who, after walking in a store, restaurant, or office buiding, let the door close in your face, even though you're maybe two feet behind them.

Or related, when you hold the door for a woman, as you're passing in opposite directions, she doesn't even attempt to hold the door for herself. She keeps here hands in her pocket. I'm not her doorman, I'm just being polite.

by Anonymousreply 8005/31/2010

If you ever ride a bus regularly, here's a couple of things that will get on your nerves:

A huge-ass line and the first person leaps to the front and then takes ten minutes to search their mini-purse for the change.

A person gets on the bus, again at the front of the line and starts peppering the driver with questions about the route.

A person gets on, and sits next to you, even when there are five empty rows all around.

You're reading a book or magazine, the bus is nice and quiet, then someone gets on their cell phone and talks loudly about nothing. (And then you notice they say "like" every third word.)

A person gets on the bus with a luggage bag or stroller and parks in the aisle, near the front, creating a hazard and annoyance to everyone else getting on or off.

A fat person gets on the bus and sits next to you, their flesh overlapping into your personal space. Then starts sweating.

by Anonymousreply 8105/31/2010

[quote]Food stamp people buying better quality meats than I can afford

It's your poverty making you so misanthropic, then?

by Anonymousreply 8205/31/2010

People who do not give you the "thank you" sign when you let their car pull out in front of you.

When people on a running path don't run on the correct side, either down or back. I used to move, now I either bump ther shoulder or run pretty much right into them until they move.

People who yawn out's disrespectful!

Cashiers who don't look you in the eye, and in fact may even be having a conversation with another co-worker, as you check out.

by Anonymousreply 8305/31/2010

[quote] "Pussy bottoms who scream and cry when they're getting a big dick. It's a hole and it can stretch, get over yourself princess."

by Anonymousreply 8405/31/2010

People putting their purse or packages on the seat next to them on the bus, then getting annoyed when you stand there waiting for them to move said item so you can sit down.

Sidewalk spitters. Just gross.

Getting in the "10 Items Or Less" line at the grocery store and standing behind someone with 20 items.

I'm a receptionist, and some workers feel the need to return to the office and say "I'm back" as they pass the desk. Like I fucking didn't know that????

by Anonymousreply 8505/31/2010

why are employees always on their phones now?

by Anonymousreply 8605/31/2010

People who refuse to turn on their headlights when it rains.

by Anonymousreply 8705/31/2010

Most everybody has posted the things that irritate me(walking on the left side of the sidewalk, walking in groups and not getting out of the way)but here are some more.

People with the double and triple-wide strollers who walk down the center of the sidewalk and feel like you should move off the walk because they gave birth!

People who walk their dogs or take the huge strollers to outdoor markets and/or street festivals and block the way or access to any of the tables.

People who get on the bus or train and hang near the door and do not move towards the back and bunch everyone up at front even though there are clearly seats in the back. (I always push my way through these idiots.)

by Anonymousreply 8805/31/2010

Not that I enagage in many cash transactions anymore, but cashiers who, in making change, construct a little pyramid of coins atop a stack of bills and then delicately slide this house of cards in my direction from a great distance as if 1.) proud of the delicacy of their engineering feat and 2.) keen to use the filthy old money as a buffer against the possiblity of accidental physical contact.

by Anonymousreply 8905/31/2010

People who DON'T walk on escalators. Just because it's moving doesn't mean your legs don't work anymore. Guys who pee in toilets and don't put the seat up and leave droplets of urine. Yuck! And in the locker-room I hate it when guys leave the locker open when they leave, or worse, their wet towel on the floor. Pigs.

by Anonymousreply 9005/31/2010

People who let their small kids make slow purchasing decisions they're too young to handle in crowded stores as a line backs up behind them. Tell the kid he'd rather have a donut than a bagel. Yes, your kid is cute, yes you are teaching them a lesson. However what you're teaching them is how rude and unaware you are of other people. Do it when the store is empty and you can take all day.

by Anonymousreply 9105/31/2010

by Anonymousreply 9205/31/2010

R85 I'm a receptionist too and I hate when people do that!

Also, I HATE when people call and say "somebody called me from this number" We have 100 people working here... how thr fuck am I supossed to know who just called you?!?

by Anonymousreply 9305/31/2010

When I lived in DC, I'd see this all the time:

You're driving on a residential street. Someone is double parked ahead, usually sitting in the car chatting with someone outside the car.

As you attempt to pass them, they inch forward as if they have decided to move. So you stop to let them go and they stop. Ultimately, they stay put until the point you finally decide to go around them, at which point they take off.

There's a walking variation of this, where people walk just slow enough to get in your way but just fast enough to make it difficult to get around them.

by Anonymousreply 9405/31/2010

"Also, I HATE when people call and say "somebody called me from this number" We have 100 people working here... how thr fuck am I supossed to know who just called you?!?"

OMIGOD, thank you! I wish I had a dollar for everytime I get the "someone called me from here" phonecall. Don't you love how rude they are when you try and explain to these imbeciles that it's a big company and you have no idea who called them? The rude hang-ups from these bozos amaze me.

by Anonymousreply 9505/31/2010

Most of the state of Florida.

by Anonymousreply 9605/31/2010

R95. Here's a thought. How bout doing your job and attempting to FIND OUT who called the person. Get the person's name and number and email everyone, look them up on the system to see who last made contact, etc. I wonder how much business you've lost for your company by being so rude to potential customers.

by Anonymousreply 9705/31/2010

97, it is not an easy task to take on stray caller, who called on the main line and says "someone called me from here" where there are 85 employees at the firm. I am not rude to the people who do this, but that doesn't mean that I don't get somewhat annoyed when I explain to them that they called the main number and I do not know who called them. So, what is your solution? Put them on hold and page "Did someone call Mr. So-and-So? If so, please call the main line", all while the other lines on the switchboard are ringing? Putting this person on hold while I send out an e-mail to all employees is not an option. How often do you check your messages? It's easier to say to them that without a name or extension, I have no idea as to who called them or why and apologize. I give them the name of the company and if it still doesn't ring a bell, they will either hang up rudely or they say that they will wait for the person to call them back again.

by Anonymousreply 9805/31/2010

Foreign accents. I know. I should be ashamed and I am, but I can't help it.

by Anonymousreply 9905/31/2010

[quote] People that flick cigarette butts out the car window. Its why there is an ashtray in your GODDAMN car!

you do know that most cars don't have ashtrays anymore, right?

by Anonymousreply 10005/31/2010

[quote]People who DON'T walk on escalators.

You're the very type I love to stand in front of and block on an escalator. I dare you ask me to move aside. Just try it and I'll trip you as you attempt to pass.

by Anonymousreply 10205/31/2010

People standing on escalators should move to the right. People walking go on the left.

Like some signs in the DC Metro say "Don't be an escal-lefter"

by Anonymousreply 10305/31/2010

[quote]People standing on escalators should move to the right. People walking go on the left.

The escalators in the DC Metro must be very wide then. If you tried to pass me on a skinny escalator, Id trip you up too.

by Anonymousreply 10505/31/2010

Parents who converse with their children in loud, sing-songy, look-at-us voices in public:

"Jayden, look! A butterfly! What color is the butterfly? That's right, yellow..."

by Anonymousreply 10605/31/2010

I am about to sound really racist but I promise I am not. It is just a phenomenon of the Hispanic culture of family that annoys the crap out of me. First of all, I live along the Texas-Mexican border. I am one of three white people in this town. I like it here a lot. But Hispanic women in particular travel in family oriented Gaggles. A trip to the HEB will involve loading mom, grandma, three-five kids ranging in age from 4-10 and perhaps a great grandma into the car and walking methodically through each isle, as a group. This will congest the isles. It also means shopping for every single item piece by piece and carefully examining each purchase. A can of Ranch Style Beans will get the same attention as a new car purchase. If I push through the crowd to get my beans then I always get a look as though I had just killed on of the kids. Once I even got told "No. Wait for grandma to get her bacon".....

Okay this is brought up before but I have to reiterate. When I am ready to pay and leave the store, I have a mental note of about how much it is going to cost. I have either my cash or debit card in hand, even though I am waiting in line. It never fails that the person(s) in front of me upon hearing the total then and only then start to look for a way to pay. Digging through purses, wallets, pockets as though the clerk was about to say-"Today it's free you don't gotta pay, thanks"....

by Anonymousreply 10705/31/2010

R73, that is funny about balancing the checkbook - they are so old fashioned that they have to enter the amount of the check in their checkbook ledger!! I've seen that numerous times too. Quite crazy!

I never use checks at the grocery store. I still have checks, but my checks have carbon copies for each check, so you have a duplicate check as a record.

by Anonymousreply 10805/31/2010

You really realize the limitations of thinking of new behavior and people acting in unwavering set ways when you see the dingbat women in lines who cannot think of getting their credit card out in advance WHILE they are waiting in line to get to the cash register-

rather than rummaging thru all the zippers and snaps and pockets of their purse right at the cash register.

Similarly, they can't get their check out in advance and fill it all out except for the amount.

They are more limited in thinking than Pavlov's dogs.

by Anonymousreply 10905/31/2010

Entering the amount in their checkbook ledger while at the cash register and making others in line wait is quite bizarre!

by Anonymousreply 11005/31/2010

I hate those grocery shopping carts designed to look like toy cars that take up more room in the aisles and the brats plopped in them..Im like..this isnt an amusement park bitch

by Anonymousreply 11105/31/2010

I noticed that behavior when I lived in Austin, TX, R107.

Every trip to HEB, it was nothing but families with Mom, Dad, and 5 or 6 kids all on an outing to the grocery store. The kids would be running wild the entire time.

I could never figure out why one parent didn't stay at home with the kids.

And I went to the HEB that was near the University- not a neighborhood with lots of families. I could never figure out where they all came from.

by Anonymousreply 11205/31/2010

Drivers who tailgate you when you are the second-to-last vehicle in a long string of traffic.

Like they really think they can motivate everyone to ride the bumper of the car ahead of them until the lead vehicle (which is probably a gasoline truck) is inspired to pick up the pace.

by Anonymousreply 11405/31/2010

It's racist assholes like R113 who disgust me.

by Anonymousreply 11505/31/2010

People (either in an office setting or roommate/partner/family situation) who do not fill up a Brita filter after they use it and there is only enough for a quarter cup of water.

The sound of flip-flops. Annoying.

People who wait in line at a cafe and, rather than read the menu while in line, ask for things that aren't on the menu ("Do you have bagels?", when had they spent 30 seconds to browse the menu, would have seen this particular place doesn't sell bagels).

by Anonymousreply 11605/31/2010

R113, I cannot bear the people, usually men, who stand right in the door wells of the Washington DC metro - they refuse to take a seat and prefer to stand in the door wells - making every person entering and exiting push past them in a narrow space.

I stopped riding because of this.

by Anonymousreply 11705/31/2010

Stating facts is not racist, R115.

But you think name-calling shows good character, I suppose.

You are so predictable and weak-minded.

by Anonymousreply 11805/31/2010

I'm a woman and I do not consider it woman-hate on this thread - I consider it an accurate depiction, R119.

by Anonymousreply 12105/31/2010

Sure, R115/R118--and calling certain people "animals" is NOT "name-calling."

by Anonymousreply 12205/31/2010

You have to live in Washington DC for a couple of years to understand the 'animal' comment, R122.

No one comes out of DC unscathed.

by Anonymousreply 12405/31/2010

It's said its an accurate depiction, R123 - I said nothing about being offended or not offended.

Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 12505/31/2010

Motherfuckers who hock lugies onto the sidewalk. Why the FUCK should I have to walk in your filth, fuckface?

by Anonymousreply 12605/31/2010

As far as the woman hating goes...please next time you are at the HEB and someone is fumbling through his or her purse trying to scramble for payment, please note whether it is a man or a woman and get back to us with your results.

by Anonymousreply 12705/31/2010

Yes, I refer to people who act like animals as "animals."

If they don't like it, they can simply refrain from attempting to aggressively intimidate other people. That is an animal behavior. Or was science not your thing?

And, besides, I don't buy your "it's ok for them to do whatever they like-- it's the people calling them on it who are really despicable" bullshit.

Get it?

You probably don't.

But enjoy your tedious sophistry.

by Anonymousreply 12805/31/2010

[quote]It's racist assholes like [R113] who disgust me.

I can't imagine why you think anyone gives a shit about your whiny little knee-jerk opinion.

Nicely supported argument, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 12905/31/2010

I hate people who do not leave the grocery checkout line quickly after they finish. It's primarily hausfraus who take forever to get everything back into their purse, but they take all fucking day while your groceries start to intermingle with theirs. MOVE YOUR ASS! I try to be courteous to the next person in line and move as quickly as possible, but these people never seem to have a clue....

by Anonymousreply 13105/31/2010

definitely penises

by Anonymousreply 13205/31/2010

As the other poster stated, the fraus holding up the check out line and, if I see them pulling a checkbook out I'd like to shoot them. These are mainly old people though. Who writes checks anymore? I use my debit card for everything.

by Anonymousreply 13405/31/2010

In Washington DC, I saw plenty of young and middle-aged women pulling out the checkbook at the cash register. Not just the elderly.

I use checks to send in my rent check.

by Anonymousreply 13505/31/2010

oh, r.130 I'm so with you. I always stand on the right but, invariably, there is someone up ahead of me standing on the left and I can hear the person behind me sighing and making exasperated noises. Meanwhile, there is a staircase right next to the escalator that is being unused.

Another pet peeve of mine. I live in a high-rise building and we have handicap access buttons to open and close the doors to get the elevators. Perfectly healthy, young, fit men and women constantly use these buttons because they're too lazy to get out their keys and put them in the lock.

by Anonymousreply 13605/31/2010

What irritates the hell out of me is people who are constantly in a big damn hurry. They believe their time is so valuable that they get into a snit when an elderly person (of any gender) doesn't pay quickly enough at the grocery store. They seethe when someone tastes the ice cream before making a selection. They go berserk if someone is in line ahead of them or is driving in their lane. How dare those people, don't they understand they're supposed to be in a hurry?

They are so completely self-absorbed that they believe they are only people who have rights, that only they and their precious time have any value. Screw everybody else, they're important, dammit!

I watch these ant colony inhabitants and wonder what they're in such a hurry to do. I always imagine that after all their rushing around, all they do is go home and watch something inane on TV while they eat the microwaved edible foodlike substance they bought at the store in their compulsive need to hurry.

by Anonymousreply 13705/31/2010

I adore you, R137.

by Anonymousreply 13805/31/2010

Burberry accessories. It ain't the 1970s anymore, folks.

by Anonymousreply 13905/31/2010

Thank you, R138. I don't know how such bad behavior and immature attitudes became the norm, but it really needs to stop.

by Anonymousreply 14005/31/2010

I HATE the sound of teeth clacking against silverware while someone is eating. It drives me insane. Thank God my grandmother broke me of that habit when I was a kid because it really is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 14105/31/2010

"What are crabs, Alex?"

by Anonymousreply 14205/31/2010

I don't think getting crabs is a "small thing." It means you're a scuzzy slut.

by Anonymousreply 14305/31/2010

I hate cell-phone talkers and Hummer drivers. Oh yes, and pigeons . .

by Anonymousreply 14405/31/2010

People who spit on the sidewalk annoy me as well; it's so trashy and gross.

Smokers who stand directly in front of the entrance to a building so you have to breathe their noxious fumes as you walk past them. I would smack the shit out of those people if I could get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 14505/31/2010

People who take the elevator to go up one or two floors in a 20 story building!

by Anonymousreply 14605/31/2010

I've noticed an epidemic in Dallas of people intentionally walking slowly in the middle of the lane in parking lots. They don't even bother to walk to the side so you can drive around them.

by Anonymousreply 14705/31/2010

People who block grocery store aisles with their carts. They must die.

by Anonymousreply 14805/31/2010

I love r137 too.

by Anonymousreply 14905/31/2010

People who use the disabled toilet when they don't need to do so and act affronted when you appear annoyed by their selfishness.

People who run their strollers into the back of your ankles.

People who hover waiting for a carpark to become available, blocking others from passing.

by Anonymousreply 15005/31/2010

Men who sit on the bus with their legs spread out so far that they crowd you.

Men who walk in the middle of a hallway so you have to squeeze by.

Men who walk with the newspaper in their hand to the bathroom at the work place.

Men who blow snot on the streets.

by Anonymousreply 15105/31/2010

When people who turn or stop traffic do not signal anyone.

When drivers talk on the phonea dn drive 10 mph less than the speed limit.

Drivers from Ohio and Ontario.

by Anonymousreply 15205/31/2010

What really irks me is so called friends who when having a conversation, stare at your face or hair; when a strand is out of a place on the head or when your lipstick is smudged. rather than let you know, they just occassionally stare

by Anonymousreply 15305/31/2010

Dataloungers who automatically assume everyone else on Datalounge is from the same city they live in

by Anonymousreply 15405/31/2010

Primtime being instituted 24/7

People who park their trucks and SUVs in "Compact Only" spots.

Anyone who says "Get a Mac" in response to any discussion or question about computers.

Any time anyone pretends that Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter or Sean Hannity has anything valid to say, or anything worth actually listening to or considering.

Anyone who equates MSNBC with FOX News. That's just fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 15505/31/2010

When commercials are so much louder than the show and you get your eardrums blasted out. does this when you watch shows online there too.

by Anonymousreply 15605/31/2010

People who come barreling around blind corners in hallways (for example) and then act surprised when they run into someone - instead of taking precautions, they obviously think they are the only person in the history of the universe to be using the hallway or sidewalk or street.

by Anonymousreply 15705/31/2010

That movie Knowing with Nicholas Cage. Kinda a crappy movie but I love the end because it really was the end of the world. Earth gone. Everyone dead.

Movies about the end of the world never actually end with the end of the world, except this one.

by Anonymousreply 15805/31/2010

R157 - speaking of which, my neighbor is a little person and on more than one occasion I've come around a corner and she has scared the hell out of me. I don't get a sense that someone is coming around the corner when she's only about 3' 6" tall.

by Anonymousreply 15905/31/2010

by Anonymousreply 16006/01/2010

Idiots who complain about the quality of the acting in a movie based on a video game. I mean, seriously, what the fuck?

by Anonymousreply 16106/01/2010

[quote]why are employees always on their phones now?

Because staffing levels are much lower these days and those of us who are left are multitasking like motherfuckers.

On a related note: If I'm on the phone, DO NOT interrupt me! The person on the other end of the phone is a client, just like you, and rang me before you even arrived. She was here first! If you rang me you'd expect my full attention and politeness and would probably get bitchy if I put you on hold or decided that another client was more important to me at this instant in time.

I wouldn't answer the phone while talking to a client and I'm not going to hang up on a client just because you're standing there going 'excuse me, excuse me, I'll just be a second, I just have a quick question...'

Get the fuck over yourselves. You'll get served in the order you arrive, either physically or, in this case, on the phone.

by Anonymousreply 16206/01/2010

Southeast Asian languages.

by Anonymousreply 16306/02/2010

I was on a MUNI bus today and a 20-something guy was sitting in an elderly/disabled seat right at the front of the bus. He had long legs and was stretched out in the aisle. He was busy yapping on his cell, when an elderly man (with a cane) tried to find an empty seat.

The poor man tripped over the guys foot and nearly fell. The young guy barely apologized, didn't offer his seat, and continued to yap on the phone. I couldn't believe it.

by Anonymousreply 16406/02/2010

drive thrus with crappy speakers. A lot of the people who work the window have accents and when you couple that with lousy sound quality it really sucks.

by Anonymousreply 16506/02/2010

When on the freeway and I need to change lanes, I single and the person who was quite a way beind me decides to speed up and not let me in. On the flip side those who cut in front of me without a signal, out of nowhere. Have I misunderstood traffic ediquette?

I also hate the asshat who forgot he left his blinker on driving in front or in the lane next to me. I'm just waiting for you to make your move but you don't and it's been like 3 miles now.

I have to agree with someone upthread that mentioned the reply all people. Emails going to dozens of people at a time don't need/want to hear your response to the sender.

by Anonymousreply 16606/02/2010

by Anonymousreply 16706/02/2010

R162? I'm talking about the assholes who work at Duane Reade, the Post Office, hell, even CHASE BANK who are texting at their station or taking personal cell calls while they ring you up.

Why is this tolerated by management???

by Anonymousreply 16806/02/2010

And r137 it's the motherfuckers like you who don't give a shit about the people around you who are the real nuisance. I can just see you asking for sample spoons of different gelato flavors, slowly considering each one as though you were selecting a condo to buy. You're a douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 16906/02/2010

Whenever my gf refers to to hot weather as "piping hot". It's not a goddamned pie, for Christ's sake.

by Anonymousreply 17006/02/2010

R137 you are just as self-absorbed as the people who are "always in a hurry". You've decided that your slow, deliberate speed is the correct way to behave.

by Anonymousreply 17106/02/2010

Sorry, R169. You couldn't be further off the mark. I'm allergic to casein so I never go into ice cream stores.

R171, why would you think I'm slow and deliberate? I never said I was either of those things. Do you always make judgments based on little or no information, or is this something new for you?

by Anonymousreply 17206/02/2010

Customer service reps on the phone who have such heavy accents you can't understand them.

Someone actually called me racist for saying this. Its not about race at all. If I have a problem with my credit card or cell phone and I call a company is it wrong to expect to speak with someone I can understand?

by Anonymousreply 17306/02/2010

People who spit and burp in public. Maybe it's just my setting (I teach at a large university), but while walking the 10 minutes to class, I always see people spitting huge gobs on the sidewalk, or burping like they're proud of it. Right when I'm walking by.

Another, and this a BIG one. People at the grocery store who don't know how to use the self check-outs. If you don't know how to use it, then don't. I use them because I'm fast and want to get out. Related to that - retailers, don't roll those fuckers out until you KNOW that they work. Lowes is the WORST - I bought 4 packages of screws there last week and I had to get "approval" for each one, and then the machine stalled after I swiped my debit card. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 17406/02/2010

People who are paying for something at the register realize they don't have enough money. This isn't for food (I have compassion for this), but instead for a new outfit-earrings, hat, dress etc, and then don't have the money to pay for it. Instead, they demand that it can't be that much, and take FOREVER to decide which items to give up. Why are these people almost always black women of a certain socio-economic backround?

by Anonymousreply 17506/02/2010

R170, "piping hot" has nothing to do with pie.

"The derivation of this little phrase is the sizzling, whistling sound made by steam escaping from very hot food, which is similar to the sound of high-pitched musical pipes."

Source: see link below.

R137 and adherents: It's interesting to me that you feel it's okay for you to impose your idea that other people are in too much of a hurry on the people behind you in line but find it wrong for those people to expect the opposite.

There are too many people in the world and we all have too many demands on our time. The need to hurry is being drilled into us for various reasons by life in our society and it's not very pleasant for anyone. However, when one is trying to hurry and get through necessary tasks, having to wait for a slow, self-absorbed or needlessly inefficient person to get their ass in gear feels very much like being controlled and dominated and it can seem intolerable to be restrained by some random person for no apparent reason other than stupidity or selfishness.

On the other hand, those of you who insist on being slow are often deliberately trying to assert control over others.

So who's the asshole here?

Maybe I do have time to wait in line in the bank or grocery store and maybe when I get through I am going home to relax. That's really not up to you to control or to decide whether it's okay or not.

Have your check, card or cash ready. Don't block the sidewalk, hallway or grocery aisle. You are not the only person in the world. Don't inconvenience others unnecessarily. If you're elderly and need a little extra time or patience, that's perfectly understandable as long as you are willing to be courteous about it.

If everyone would try to make things easier on others and try to be courteous, use some common sense and self-awareness, things would be so much easier and less frustrating for all of us. Remember that next time you get pissy about some of these things. Do your part.

/pissy rant.

by Anonymousreply 17606/02/2010

Younger siblings who NEVER pick up the tab. Partners family...can't do anything about it.

People who bend over to get something off a coffee table and put their butt in your face...oblivious to your disgust.

People who eat only part of the food off a spoon...i.e. ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 17706/02/2010

Those promo banners and animations on the bottom of the tv screen.

by Anonymousreply 17806/02/2010

R178 Remember that V Countdown clock ABC had during Lost?? That was the worst one of all!

by Anonymousreply 17906/02/2010

The fact that certain shows aren't on DVD, especially classic soap operas.

by Anonymousreply 18006/02/2010

Here's a thought that didn't seem to enter your angry brain r.174: Maybe the people who frustrate you at the self-checkout are just LEARNING how to use one as they are not everywhere. I'm sure you weren't a speed demon the first time you used one.

by Anonymousreply 18106/02/2010

[quote]People at the grocery store who don't know how to use the self check-outs. If you don't know how to use it, then don't.

No one would ever know how to use it unless they used it for the first time.

Some of you seem to think your hurry is the #1 priority in the universe. No one else gives a fuck how busy you are, especially since you waste so much time on DL as it is. If you slowed down, you almost certainly would be less angry all the time. (You know who you are.)

by Anonymousreply 18206/02/2010

Way back in ancient days, I'd get irritated about people who were in the way, no matter what the context.

I don't mind that so much anymore. Now the problem is not people who get in the way, but people who go out of their way to get in the way. It's a new phenomenon, like from the last 20 years. But people seem to be willing to slow themselves down if it means making things more difficult for other people.

by Anonymousreply 18306/02/2010

Today here in Caracas, two snotty queens who were obviously a couple got to the "10 items or less" grocery checkout line carrying like 18 items on their shopping cart, when the cashier tells them that it's 10 items one queen said: "Oh but, he is going to pay for half and I'm going to pay the other half" and lowering his voice says: "and besides, look at the regular lines, they're full, we will be here forever". The other queen jumped in and complemented the cashier on her hair so the girl caved in and let the queens pass.

I was in the same line, two customers behind, but didn't want to make a scene so I left the single article I had on a shelf and went outside to wait for the queens.

When they came out I approached them and said: "Excuse me but, people that behave like you are what makes this country a shithole, people that are unwilling to follow the simplest guidelines"

The queen, startled says: "whaaat?"

I go on: "It said 10 items but you HAD to find a way to bypass a rule meant to make life a little easier for others. Again, it's because of people like YOU that this country is a shithole".

The queen, outraged, started to throw some attitude saying: "listen honey, you should know that I..."

But I turned around and left.

last week it was the same situation but with a straight couple.

I cant' take this kind of shit any longer.

by Anonymousreply 18406/03/2010

[quote]When they came out I approached them and said: "Excuse me but, people that behave like you are what makes this country a shithole, people that are unwilling to follow the simplest guidelines"

by Anonymousreply 18506/03/2010

Really R182? Do YOU know who I am?

by Anonymousreply 18606/03/2010

[quote]It's interesting to me that you feel it's okay for you to impose your idea that other people are in too much of a hurry on the people behind you in line but find it wrong for those people to expect the opposite.

R174, I hope that sentence made sense to you.

As I said before, please don't make assumptions about how I behave or the speed at which I operate. I have spent years meditating to get past the impatience and anger you're hanging onto for dear life.

by Anonymousreply 18706/03/2010

[quote]People who don't have the common sense to walk on the right.[/quote]

Marry me, R16.

by Anonymousreply 18806/03/2010

People who mispronounce words-newscasters especially! There is a Crest commercial playing now where a woman says she is a "fertographer!" Photogropher you idiot!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 18906/03/2010

The weird thing for me is how many of the Hurried Harriets here live in midtown Manhattan. You'd think if you couldn't stand people to be in your way you wouldn't live where all the tourists go (and where they will always go--midtown Manhattan is and always will be Tourist Central, like it or not). They have no reason to walk fast--they paid good money to come to NYC to take a good look around.

by Anonymousreply 19006/03/2010

People who say 'less' when they should say 'fewer'. It's "10 items or fewer", not "10 items or less".

People who pronounce warrior as if it rhymed with lawyer. It's not "woi-yer". It's "war-ee-or". Three syllables. Not two.

by Anonymousreply 19106/03/2010

Those miserable old hags that take 10 minutes writing a check at the grocery store.

People that clip their nails in public.

Children who spin around like a cyclone and giggle at in stores.

Parents who ignore children spinning like cyclones and giggling in stores.

People in public screaming into their cell phones.

Public bathrooms where guys feel like they have to let loose so loud that it is like a pinata being broken open.

Standing next to guys at a urinal and they fart

by Anonymousreply 19206/03/2010

R184, I thought it was Hugo Chavez that made Venezuela a shithole.

by Anonymousreply 19306/03/2010

Knee bouncers

Teeth suckers

Stinky breath

People who can't find their own ass with both hands, but make 3X as much as I do

People who repeat shit many times over. I find this mostly true of married folks, interestingly enough

People who act like you don't have a past, and need to be taught everything all over again

Cute shoes that feel like pure fucking evil on your feet

by Anonymousreply 19406/03/2010

gum chewers, particularly the people who chew it with their mouth open - but also gum chewers who make a spectacle of chewing it

people who have the nervous tick of cracking their knuckles

by Anonymousreply 19506/03/2010

R176, is pie not a food?

I am quite aware how the phrase originated.

by Anonymousreply 19606/03/2010

Yes, coffee slurpers! I hate them. But slurping anything is annoying - like soup, etc...

I also just hate loud eaters in general. Why can't people learn how to chew food quietly? I make exceptions for certain foods like popcorn but try to keep the lip smacking and crunching to a minimum!

by Anonymousreply 19706/03/2010

People who write, "people that."

by Anonymousreply 19806/03/2010

People using walkers or canes hogging the middle of the sidewalk. Keep the right, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 19906/03/2010

Using the self checkout for a cartful of groceries.

"To continue in English, press 1"

Breeders and their young spawnletting their young spawn scream, cry, tantrum in stores and restaurants

Using "your" in place of "you're"

Using "it's" in place of "its"

by Anonymousreply 20006/03/2010

"I have spent years meditating to get past the impatience and anger you're hanging onto for dear life."

And yet you hang around on a thread called "small things that irritate the hell out of you" on fucking Datalounge, posting over and over.

by Anonymousreply 20106/03/2010

When I have to use a single-occupancy public restroom to take a quick piss, and I get stuck waiting on some guy who's in there taking a 15-minute dump. I realize we can't control when nature calls, but Jesus Christ buddy you're not at home! Hurry the fuck up in there!

by Anonymousreply 20206/03/2010

Loud Dominicans

by Anonymousreply 20306/03/2010

The female announcer on the Nurse Anesthetist Association radio commercial says Anes-TUH-tist.

by Anonymousreply 20406/03/2010

Apostrophe's in the wrong place.

by Anonymousreply 20506/03/2010

Indian accents. They grate on my every nerve.

by Anonymousreply 20606/03/2010

People at the front of buffet lines who, lettuce leaf by lettuce leaf, construct their salad, rearranging the veggies with the tongs, returning some rejected greens back to their serving bowls, till their creation meets their unspoken quality and aesthetic standards, AND TOTALLY OBLIVIOUS TO THE 150 PEOPLE WAITING BEHIND THEM. Same for taco bars.

by Anonymousreply 20706/03/2010

Any of the following phrases: "Let's play it by ear", "We'll see how it goes", "Let's watch how it plays out"...when the speaker has absolutely no intention to follow-up on the issue and is instead using such noncommittal language to blow you off.

by Anonymousreply 20806/03/2010

I love you, r205.

by Anonymousreply 20906/03/2010

Riding in a bus and having to stop for a passenger in a wheelchair. It always adds five minutes to your trip.

by Anonymousreply 21006/03/2010

When someone spells ridiculous as "rediculous" and martial as " marshall."

by Anonymousreply 21106/03/2010

People in the metro in DC or in public (last time was outside Heathrow Airport) who ask to use your cell phone - I mean seriously -WTF???

If you need to make calls then get your own damn phone you cheapskate, or go use a public one.

And the strange thing is the one at Heathrow was a young arab woman.

by Anonymousreply 21206/03/2010

People who don't keep right!

by Anonymousreply 21306/03/2010

I'll probably get flamed for this, but when I'm out smoking a cig on the sidewalk and some random stranger asks to bum one off of me. At $8.00 a pack? You can fuck right off and buy your own damn cigs you cheapskate!

by Anonymousreply 21406/03/2010

Please tell me some fellow NYC residents feel the same way as this:

This is at its worst on the 1 train, where there are long rows of seats with clearly defined outlines as to where the individual seats begin and end. I can't express how upset it makes me to see someone who clearly cannot fit in the one available designated "seat" between me and another person try to squish his or her (usually her) fat ass into the spot. I can visibly see that this person is spilling into my seat and the seat of the person two down from me, but the person INSISTS upon sitting there anyway.

Then the person usually huffs and puffs as if I'm supposed to give up my seat for her, because she's probably weak from all the fat and DESERVES multiple seats, damnit!

I think it's frustrating to see people with huge asses take up 2 clearly defined "seats" on a crowded train while other people have to stand up, but if they got to the seats first, it's a bit more understandable. However, it's just ridiculous for someone to try to fit into a spot that's CLEARLY not large enough and make everyone else uncomfortable in the process.

by Anonymousreply 21506/03/2010

People texting while walking down the street. Look where you're going, asshole!

by Anonymousreply 21606/03/2010

1. Children in public.

2. Babies in restaurants.

3. Chihuahuas.

by Anonymousreply 21706/03/2010

People who use "She" and/or "her" when refering to a man who identifies as male.

by Anonymousreply 21806/03/2010

When someone in an office turns up their cell phone ringer to the maximum volume, then leaves their [italic]mobile[/italic] phone on their desk to ring loudly and incessantly, then play reminder chimes.

by Anonymousreply 21906/03/2010

When you're being waited on and somebody barrels up and interrupts the transaction instead of waiting their turn.

I guess a separate irritation would be when the cashier lets them instead of saying, "I'll be with you in moment, sir," or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 22006/03/2010

The Pacific Northwest thing where everyone hates California, then talks like Jeff Spicoli in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

The Pacific Northwest thing where people get so irritated at something in public where they're practically vibrating with rage, but they won't say a word.

The Pacific Northwest thing where I'm supposed to be impressed that your family is "fourth-generation native Seattleites" or Portlanders. (Though it is fun to say "So you've had it from the Indians for about...100 years, is it?")

by Anonymousreply 22106/04/2010

people who, when asked a yes or no question, respond with an elaborate story.

people who speak like those brats on "The Hills"

people who treat small mistakes like mass murders. A lady at my office is trying to get someone fired for accidently making too many copies of an office memo.

by Anonymousreply 22206/04/2010

I'm in Al-Anon (the companion group to AA), and we have a focus on being of service to other members. The secretary of our group signs all her emails "In service, Jan" -- which makes me feel like a Scientologist or something. Al-Anon works, but it does have a LOT of jargon and some cultish aspects, and the whole "In service" thing is like something a secretary in the Sea Org would write.

by Anonymousreply 22306/04/2010

I was trying on clothes in a store change room today. I could hear this stupid young girl trying to rationalize with her 3 year old. And she expected the kid to just stand there, still, while she tried on clothes. The kid was obviously having no part of it. Then the kid decided to hide in my change room. I told her "You shouldn't hide in change rooms with strangers. Bad things might happen to you." I think she still preferred to be in there with me than near her mess of a mother.

I hate those cunts that can't wait to have kids without thinking of their own lives and how it will be affected. They don't take the time to think "Hey, I'm not going to be able to do 'X' like I used to because I am going to have some annoying brat foiling my every move". No, they just have kids and then yell at them when they don't fit into their lives.

So, yeah, I don't hate kids. I hate their fucking lame parents that don't know how to raise them.

by Anonymousreply 22406/04/2010

Amen R219.... that is the worst!

by Anonymousreply 22506/04/2010

People who don't pick up their trash in the hallway. I live in a nice apartment building, but some of the folks who live there are slobs. Gum wrapper, sales receipt, plastic wrapper etc - they drop it in the hallway/elevator and leave it there. Please don't make the place look trashy because you're a slob. Yes, we have cleaning people, but that's no excuse to be a slob.

Agree with others about loud cellphone talkers.

Also can't stand sloooooow walkers - esp. if there's no way to get around them and get where I'm going.

Hate cursing/swearing and ghetto/slang/ignorant speech. It is loud and offensive. It says a lot about the person speaking.

by Anonymousreply 22606/04/2010

Receptionists or service people that don't even look up from their computer when you walk up.

by Anonymousreply 22706/04/2010

I hate slooow walkers too, except if it's an elderly or handicapped person. If they're younger and in shape, it irritates me.

by Anonymousreply 22806/04/2010

I'm with all the way on that one, r214.

by Anonymousreply 22906/04/2010

[quote] "Hey, I'm not going to be able to do 'X' like I used to because I am going to have some annoying brat foiling my every move". No, they just have kids and then yell at them when they don't fit into their lives.

I want kids but sadly I think I'd be the kind of mom who ends up feeling like that. It really sucks because I don't want to grow old never having kids.

At least I regonize it...

by Anonymousreply 23006/04/2010

Idiots who spit in my building elevators leaving their hork on the floor for the next passengers to see and step around until the cleaners return (and those who barf or spill pop or whatever).

Haters on cruising sites who write their profile in caps listing all the types of people who better nor message them lest they be blocked.

Those little bits of food that are left after you wash dishes and you have to fish them out and throw them in the garbage.

by Anonymousreply 23106/04/2010

Phantom shower curtains that cling to my legs!

by Anonymousreply 23306/04/2010

The distinction that needs to be made to the knee-jerk 'you're a racist' hall monitor types is this:

When someone says something objectifying about people and references their ethnic group, and makes the patent comment that ALL of those people do that...then THAT'S racist.

Most of what I'm reading here is people pointing out that CERTAIN of these people tend to do it more often than CERTAIN others. That's is not racist in the slightest.

Saying that black people use intimidation on the subway more than any other racial group is DIFFERENT than saying black people all do it.

by Anonymousreply 23406/04/2010

The world would be a better place if people didn't think they owned everything.

by Anonymousreply 23506/04/2010

I'm an easily irritated sort, much like a lot of you. But the escalator thing, the disabled/old thing, old ladies with their checkbooks in line, etc. etc...I can't agree with. There's a certain point where you have to acknowledge that people are different, and that we are sharing the world.

But then there's the loud cell people, and the text-drivers, and slow text walkers, and people who don't surrender their seat for the disabled. Those I definitely can join in on the hatred about.

My additions, that I didn't see mentioned:

*People who leave their office doors open while they yammer on speaker phone

*These same people often check their VOICEMAIL by speaker phone as well.

*People in a dance club who either expect to have a HUGE chunk of dance floor all to themselves, or alternatively, smash into people over and over on the dance floor.

*MOST pop music, new and old. Nothing is worse than being forced to listen to bad music on a loudspeaker or inside a store. I still hear that awful Eric Clapton song "Tears in Heaven" pretty much every day. Why?? That shit is horrible AND old.

*Clip Clop Clip Clop Clip Clop (often accompanied by cell phone yammer) behind you as you walk

*Homeless People in SF: "hey maaaaaan. gimme a quarter! um, hello...excuse me...what the fuck dude, gimme a quarter...duuuude, not cool maaaaaan. not cooolll"

*The breath of the never been flossed.

by Anonymousreply 23606/04/2010

Like so many others, I am beyond irritated by people who spit in public; out of their car windows, walking down the street, in the shower at the gym. It's fucking disgusting. Why can't the USA instigate some law like they have in Singapore where spitting in a public place is a criminal offense.

by Anonymousreply 23706/04/2010

When you're stopped behind someone at a red light and the light turns green. If you just let them sit there, they will finally notice that the light has changed as it turns from yellow to red (and, illegally, running the yellow light, while leaving you with a red light).

I you honk, they perceive that you are one of those jerks that honks the moment the light turns green, so they sit there as long as possible, hoping to make sure that while they make it through, you're stuck behind them.

by Anonymousreply 23806/04/2010

[quote]Saying that black people use intimidation on the subway more than any other racial group is DIFFERENT than saying black people all do it.

And yet it's still wrong.

Oh well, back to the drawing board for you.

by Anonymousreply 23906/04/2010

r152 I had to laugh...I'm from Ohio. Why do you single out drivers from Ohio? (Even though you could be absolutely correct.)

What do I find irritating? Chewing with your mouth open and people who crack their gum while chewing...I have to run away from them. And people who urinate in department store dressing rooms.

by Anonymousreply 24006/04/2010

[quote] And people who urinate in department store dressing rooms.

Where do you shop? I've never seen that happen...

by Anonymousreply 24106/04/2010

ball-point pens that stop working in mid-use.

People who sit in their cars waiting for someone to walk to their car and pull out so they can get the space... when there are open spaces just a little farther away. Usually this is done by fat fraus who could use the extra exercise the extra 20 feet of walking would provide.

by Anonymousreply 24206/05/2010

I'm also with R214. Strangers who try to bum cigarettes from me are so irritating. Cigs are way too expensive to hand out to people. I always say no, and sometimes they get pissed and cuss me out. WTF? Dude, if you want a cig so badly do what I did - go to the fucking store and BUY THEM!

by Anonymousreply 24306/05/2010

R243, I agree. Just because I'm out smoking doesn't mean I'm a fucking cigarette dispenser.

by Anonymousreply 24406/05/2010

Sarah Palin

by Anonymousreply 24506/05/2010

People who smoke. And who then get all indignant about their 'right' to pollute your air and offend your sense of smell. Entitled morons.

by Anonymousreply 24606/05/2010

People who compelled to post "ewwww" or "smelly!" or "cheese!" any time the topic of a natural, uncut penis comes up, no matter how obliquely.

by Anonymousreply 24706/05/2010

People who call someone names because they don't agree with they're opinions.

Seriously wtf?

by Anonymousreply 24806/05/2010

Uncut penis equals yuck.

by Anonymousreply 24906/05/2010

Idiots who think that uncut is the only way to be and anyone who is cut is mutilated.

by Anonymousreply 25006/05/2010

r241 I work for Macy's...about every two weeks, we're scrubbing down a dressing room because someone urinated in it. The "Mystery Pee-er" usually then piles clothes on top of the puddle...God only knows why.

by Anonymousreply 25106/05/2010

r251 - I thought it was disgusting to see a half eaten sandwich on the floor of a dressing room a few weeks ago. I had no idea people peed in dressing rooms. Yuck!

by Anonymousreply 25206/05/2010

People who are determined to turn every thread on Datalounge into a discussion of the evils of circumcision.

by Anonymousreply 25306/05/2010

R241, it is probably the same person doing this. Since you can't put cameras in the dressing room I'm not sure how else you could catch the person.

That really does suck though...

by Anonymousreply 25406/05/2010

I think r205 win's the whole thread.

by Anonymousreply 25506/05/2010

On the same topic (r250], people who demonize people who have their sons circumcised, i.e. when it was reported that Sandra Bullock had her adopted son circumcised and certain folks on here called her a "cunt" and worse.

by Anonymousreply 25606/05/2010

Idiots who think all men should always be cut, and that circumcisized is the only way to be, and that anyone who isn't is "smelly" or "gross".

Such infantile morons.

by Anonymousreply 25706/05/2010

People who are determined to turn every thread on Datalounge into a discussion of the evils of being uncut.

by Anonymousreply 25806/05/2010

R259, you make really bizarre assumptions. I feel fine about myself. I am offended by ignorant bigotry in others.

by Anonymousreply 26006/05/2010

People who take an interesting thread and lose the point by arguing about something stupid.

I even dislike it when threads devolve into discussions that completely differ from the original topic.

by Anonymousreply 26106/05/2010

People who say "expresso"

When at a stoplight at night, driving in my normal-sized car, a person driving a large pickup or SUV with incredibly bright lights pulls up behind me, but two feet to the right, so their driver side headlight is not behind my bumper, but shining directly into my side view mirror.

People on food stamps who take their trashy hanger-on friends with them to the supermarket, and buy them stuff.

Women who cannot mask their period smell.

When a religious or political topic is brought up, and certain people say this, "Oh, I don't know how I feel about that...", as a way to say, "I know exactly how I feel about that, but am too chickenshit to say." This happens here in Iowa, where same-sex marriage was legalized last year. I can't stand people who won't stand up for what they believe.

Hot straight guys who sport the "sagger" look, but if they catch you checking out their boxers or whatever, they get all huffy and offended. Don't show it off if you don't want the looks, idiot!

Bottle "blonds". Congratulations, you just dyed your hair "baby spew yellow."

by Anonymousreply 26206/05/2010

by Anonymousreply 26306/06/2010

"Just because I'm out smoking doesn't mean I'm a fucking cigarette dispenser."

Oh i cant stand that! What really pisses me off are the people that when they ask me for one, and i say no, get mad like i owe them one. Stupid ass mofoz need to buy their own damn pack.

And another thing i cant stand is when ppl say "I'll give you 50 cents for one." Motherfucker what the hell am I gonna do with 50 cents? Go to a damn gumball machine? Buy. Your. Own. Smokes.

by Anonymousreply 26406/06/2010

And I really, really hate people who talk on their cellphone while at a cash register. It's so disrespectful--treating the person waiting on you like a machine you barely acknowledge.

by Anonymousreply 26506/06/2010

"Small things..."

the brains of Christians.

by Anonymousreply 26606/06/2010

posting a witty retort, then seeing it printed in Josh's book two years later.

You whore.

by Anonymousreply 26706/06/2010

Old people in the grocery store at 6pm on a weeknight. They've got all fucking day to go to the grocery store, but they wait until all the working people get out of work. Then they stand in line and tell Juanita the cashier all about their granchildren while they count out exact change in pennies.

by Anonymousreply 26806/06/2010

People who think ... is actual punctuation.

by Anonymousreply 26906/06/2010

I know this is silly but I hate when customer service reps on the phone sound totally formal. "Thank you choosing XYZ company for your cellular phone service. Have a I resolved all you issues satisfactorally today?"

I get it I guess, but I'd rather feel like I'm talking to a real person, not someone reading a script. I'm betting they'd be happier like that too.

by Anonymousreply 27006/06/2010

on the bumming a cig trend - I don't even smoke. yet it seems every time I go for a walk, or get on the El, some dope is asking me if I have a cigarette, or a lighter, and yes, they even offer me money when I have already told them I don't have either of those things. I don't smoke and I hate smoking - leave me alone!

I have also accidentally sat down on people's bags on the bus... I guess that makes me a jerk. But sweetie, your bag is not a human being - the seats are there for human beings.

I am also frustrated because the El station I use the most is right around the corner from the "touristy" bars, so the whole platform smells like piss because the barflys cannot wait to get home or did not make one last trip to the john. There are times I have had to step over puddles of urine! Disgusting! And there is the occasional vomitus too.

by Anonymousreply 27106/06/2010

When I go to a movie with a friend, and the friend looks at me every time they laugh at something on screen like they assume I'm laughing too.

by Anonymousreply 27206/06/2010

It really pisses me off when people I love die.

by Anonymousreply 27306/06/2010

When one person hogs the cream/sugar area at a coffee shop, adding stuff, tasting, stirring, adding more, etc., etc.

by Anonymousreply 27406/07/2010

R214 et al, I quit smoking a few years ago but you forgot the companion to your complaint: being in a bar where a dozen people come up to you over the course of the night and say “I only smoke when I drink” and want to bum one of yours. If you know you like to smoke when you drink, then shouldn’t you go buy a pack of your own fucking smokes? Geez.

Those of you who say you’re not supposed to walk on escalators are mental. A single person escalator, sure. The DC metro doesn’t have stairs inside most stations, but, even if there’s a set of stairs, it’s much faster to walk on a moving escalator. It’s no different than walking on a movable sidewalk. Same exact principle, in fact. And if you’re racing to catch a train, in which missing it means having to wait another 20 or 25 minutes for the next one (anytime outside of rush hour), then you’d be asking people to stand to the right as well.

One final irritation: people who write “loose” when they mean “lose.” Not as a typo, either. I’m talking to you, Mother.

by Anonymousreply 27506/07/2010

People that refust to pick up their rolling briefcases in a crowd.

People that need their entire friends and or family to stand in line at the checkout counter. It your not buying something wait outside, hell why are you there anyway?

Peole that come to the receptionist desk and don't introduce themselves. I'm here to see so and so. In my mind I'm thinking since your name is not stapled to your forehead how about telling me who you are.

People that ask how long someone will be in a meeting or how long they will be gone. Since when in this world has a meeting ever ended on time?

by Anonymousreply 27606/07/2010

Should be refuse not refust

by Anonymousreply 27706/07/2010

Women who can't mask their period smell? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 27806/07/2010

When there is a long line of cars behind a slow-moving vehicle waiting for their turn to pass, and a car 3rd or 4th in line decides to pass everyone as soon as an opportunity presents itself.

People who park their big-ass trucks in a tight spot next to you, so you can only open your door about three inches.

Cops that follow you, waiting for you to make a traffic violation.

And, possibly particular to my small town, but probably not: when Subway runs out of bread in the middle of the day, when Pizza Hut runs out of blue cheese for your wings, when Burger King runs out of fries, when neither BK or McDonalds have salads, when Taco Bell puts guac on my burrito when I said "no guac," when I have to request picante sauce for my breakfast burrito at McDonalds, when Papa John's forgets to include my garlic sauce.

by Anonymousreply 27906/08/2010

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but it happened to me yesterday for the umpteenth time. Or rather, everytime I go to the grocery store.

When people are too lazy to bring their carts back to the carousel. Each time I go shopping I always see the lot flooded with carts. Not only could they pose potential damage to your car if it's windy, but a lot of times they take up parking spots. I mean, how hard is it to just bring the damn things back?

by Anonymousreply 28006/08/2010

R279 do I have to come there and go shopping for you?

by Anonymousreply 28106/08/2010

YES people (women) who have one of those small backpacks that has a handle and wheels. They drag it far behind them through crowds refusing to pick it up. How fucking weak can you be.

That sucking on your teeth sound low-class people make. They pepper their conversations with that sound.

by Anonymousreply 28206/08/2010

I had an exam today and this woman next to me coughed every 30 seconds. For the whole hour. As soon as the exam was over she stopped coughing.

I could have slammed her head into the table.

by Anonymousreply 28306/08/2010

R284, I gotta agree with R282. Its primarily women I see that do that. Not that men don't, but its way more women.

by Anonymousreply 28506/08/2010

R284 you're lying.

by Anonymousreply 28606/08/2010

[quote]Peole that come to the receptionist desk and don't introduce themselves. I'm here to see so and so. In my mind I'm thinking since your name is not stapled to your forehead how about telling me who you are.

I'll bet you're the receptionist that doesn't look up from your computer when people walk up. Bitch, how about you do your fucking job?!

by Anonymousreply 28706/08/2010

People who insist that, if I don't like something, its because I haven't had it "fixed/prepared by them." I don't like rhubarb. I don't like yogurt with fruit in it or ice cream and fruit (smooth plus chunky textures for me is just WRONG!). You won't change my mind by making a strawberry rhubarb pie and serving it with vanilla ice cream. No matter what brand of yogurt you swear by, I'm not going to like it.

And, R215? The reason the "size-challenged" don't get up is because they are trying to intimidate YOU to get up. Think about it. Who's more uncomfortable? The person who "made" room for themselves or you, who's squished beyond recognition?

by Anonymousreply 28806/08/2010

People who stare.

People who must must must use the same ATM as you, and will get in line behind you, even though there is one in perfectly working order two feet over. Happened to me on Mon. Idiot had the nerve to get a tude on because I was taking too long all the while there was another machine sitting begging to be used. As I left, I said: why didn't you just use the other one?

People who stand too close to you in line.

by Anonymousreply 28906/08/2010

I hate meetings.

The worst part, though, is when you sit through an endless meeting and it's about to wrap-up when the moderator asks, "well, that's about it, unless anyone else has something to add," and the same people always speak up and stretch the meeting out.

It's always the same people, and they aren't seeking to add anything to the discussion. Something compels them to speak.

by Anonymousreply 29006/08/2010

Parents who talk incessantly about the multiple food allergies the kids have and make them bring their own food to birthday parties.

People who are scared of any and all dogs, including tiny friendly ones.

People who sit next to you on planes on the aisle seat and sleep for hours, thereby not allowing you to go to restroom until they wake up.

Parents who bring kids into fast food restaurants and change the diapers on tables.

by Anonymousreply 29106/08/2010

R287 you damn right I am the receptionist but I have to look up since the fucking elevator is in my face. No doubt your one of the cunts that never introduces yourself.

by Anonymousreply 29206/08/2010

Cashiers who lick their fingers to open bags and/or separate money and then give you the stink eye when you change lanes.

by Anonymousreply 29306/08/2010

The SciFi channel becoming the SyFy channel. What purpose did the rebranding serve save to bring a little bit of extra rage to literate viewers.

by Anonymousreply 29406/08/2010

[quote]Peole that come to the receptionist desk and don't introduce themselves. I'm here to see so and so. In my mind I'm thinking since your name is not stapled to your forehead how about telling me who you are.

Actually, I don't introduce myself right away, because I assume that saying my name first, and then who I'm there to see would actually be too much info for the receptionist. It always is when I do it. So I stopped doing it. I figure I'd give you the most important info first: who I'm there to see. Then, when you know that much, I can disclose my name. Often times, a GOOD and WELL INFORMED receptionist would have good customer service skills, and state, "Oh, you must be so and so. Welcome, I'll make sure so and so knows you're here. Please take a seat. Can I get you a coffee?"

By NOT telling you who I am right away, I'm (a) sparing you info overload and (b) giving you the opportunity to impress me on behalf of the company that my appointment was registered and you know exactly who I am already.

by Anonymousreply 29506/08/2010

R279 reminds me:

People that subsist entirely on fast food.

by Anonymousreply 29606/08/2010

People who misuse the pronoun 'your'. If I see another post saying "your" instead of YOU'RE, I won't be responsible for what happens next! This has become almost acceptable usage. I've seen it on memo's written by ivy-league twenty-somethings in the office as well as all over the internet. If I say something about it, I'm told it's no big deal. People even say it in conversation. Hearing it is like nails scratching on a chalk board. People routinely belittle blacks for saying 'ax' instead of ask, but 'your' for you're gets a pass.

by Anonymousreply 29706/08/2010

[quote]I've seen it on memo's written by ivy-league twenty-somethings in the office as well as all over the internet.

R297, please see R205.

by Anonymousreply 29806/08/2010

r298, duly noted. I am also irritated by people who correct others while making a mistake themselves. I guess I hate myself...

by Anonymousreply 29906/08/2010

No worries, just poking fun.

by Anonymousreply 30006/08/2010

R297, how do you pronounce "your" so it sounds different from "you're"?

by Anonymousreply 30206/08/2010

Straight couples who have no problem asking you to move to a different seat so they can sit together. So your comfort is more important than mine? Oh I see. Fuck you. I wanted a window seat. Talk to someone else.

by Anonymousreply 30306/08/2010

You Americans who use the term 'get off of me 'instead of 'get off me'.

by Anonymousreply 30406/08/2010

{Skelton Stories},a tv series, uses this symbol {indiscriminately}. {I} hate it!

by Anonymousreply 30506/08/2010

[quote]Old, queeny looking men who purse their lips as they slowly form each letter and digit on their checks, then balance the damn checkbook before handing the check to the cashier.

Great imagery!

by Anonymousreply 30606/08/2010

W&W for 305!

by Anonymousreply 30706/08/2010

R303, you're just rude. And its not just straight people. I bet gay couples do that, and even friends. On a long flight you want to sit next to the person you're traveling with.

It sounds like you travel alone and are bitter about it or something...

by Anonymousreply 30806/08/2010

[quote]Photogropher you idiot!!!!!

say what?

by Anonymousreply 30906/08/2010

People who write checks at the grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 31006/08/2010

People who speak really slowly while also injecting "and, uh".

People who share an anecdote that's pointless.

by Anonymousreply 31106/08/2010

R308, the problem is that 9 times out of 10, the people expect you to move to a worse seat. Whether that's in an airplane ("my bff is in the last row by the toilet, would you mind switching with her so we can sit together up here in the bulkhead?") or at the movie theater ("would you mind moving to the only other available seat in this theater? It's on the front row at the very end. We really want to sit here in the middle so that we can talk through this movie. TIA!"). I almost always reflexively say "no," unless they're offering to sacrifice an upgrade for me. R303 is not the rude one.

by Anonymousreply 31206/09/2010

R308, its the fact that these people think their comfort is more important than yours. Why should I give up my seat (window or aisle or whatever I specifically chose) so that they can be more comfortable? Why does their inability to be apart for a few hours trump my needs? You're an ass.

by Anonymousreply 31306/09/2010

I hate the annoying person standing behind you, but is only leaving the space of a nat between you and him/her.

Or when you're talking with someone and some knucklehead decides to walk in between you and the person you're conversing with even though there's plenty of room to go around.

This happened today so it reminded me... when annoying drivers with big ass cars think that its okay to push their way into your lane.

Also, when you're having a garage sale and something is marked at .25 and they try to bargain with you.

by Anonymousreply 31406/09/2010

I cannot stand people who can't have a civilized debate without resorting to name calling.

by Anonymousreply 31506/09/2010

When you're talking to person 1 and person 2, who knows person 1, comes up and stares at person 1 until person 1 HAS to speak to person 2. Wait until we're finished, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 31606/09/2010

R331 I was not reffering to people who say others are ignorant.

I'm reffering to actual name calling (ie "you fucking cunt!")

by Anonymousreply 31806/09/2010

Oops! Meant R317

by Anonymousreply 31906/09/2010

Twice recently I've been riffling through jeans racks, separate stores, off-peak hours. No-one else around as I seek my size. Suddenly a late middle-aged male would appear right next to me and start looking at stock too, all elbows and urgency, like it was a crowded sale day, like I wasn't there. Could NOT wait thirty seconds until I'd finished.

by Anonymousreply 32106/09/2010

Why can I never just eat the strings that are left on a banana after I peel it? I've tried and tried, but I just can't do it. They make me gag like I am trying to eat a worm. I always wind up standing over the trash can peeling them off one by one. Pisses me off!

How is it that I can be sitting about 6/7 feet away from said trash can and can throw a wadded up piece of paper at it and have it go in every time. But, stand over the damned thing and try to drop in a piece of paper and that piece of paper usually winds up on the floor next to or in back of the can, not just once but sometimes 2/3 times. Drives me nuts!

I vacuum and vacuum and after searching the area for any errant piece of lint and seeing none, I put away the vacuum. THEN, I spot it, lurking near the couch. mocking me: "you missed me, you missed me."

by Anonymousreply 32206/09/2010

I love you R322.

Yeah, people not leaving you personal space is a big one. I was on a virtually empty bus this morning, and this little Asian lady just had to sit right next to me...rather than take any of the available two-seaters.

Call me racist all you like, Asians do this a lot.

And also on the bus or train, you're standing there, and thinking mindfully of everyone you move for people who need to get around you, but sometimes you move to a temporary, uncomfortable spot while you wait for that person...and then they end up standing in your old spot, leaving you in a pretzeled position that was supposed to be temporary.

by Anonymousreply 32306/09/2010

Paper towel dispensers are either empty, or stuffed so full that you can't pull one out without ripping several to shreds.

by Anonymousreply 32406/09/2010

Oh, R323, I know what you're talking about. Its usually black people that do that to me. They say "Scuse me" and you try and step out of their way, then they stay in your spot. It takes some real gall to think that's okay. You say "Excuse me" to get by someone, not because you want to sit/stand where they are.

by Anonymousreply 32506/09/2010

R312 is correct. People who want to switch seats ALWAYS want you to take either a middle seat or a seat way in the back. I mean seriously, WTF? I logged in 24 hrs in advance to pick my seat as they became available, is it my fault your lame ass waited until you checked-in and you could not sit together with your friend/wife/whoever? Sorry my friend, I don't think I will be inconveniencing myself for you today. And no, I don't care if you think I am a bitch.

Haha, this happened to me with a family of Germans, wanted me to take a middle seat instead of my aisle seat that I had.

by Anonymousreply 32606/09/2010

I was sitting in a window seat from Boston to Rome one summer, and it was a two seater, with the 6 seaters in the middle, and two seaters on the other side.

Anyhow, I was sitting in my seat, and the little old lady next to me told me that her husband and she weren't able to sit together...and he was sitting on an aisle seat about two rows back.

Of course, I moved, but then as soon as I did, I regretted it. I was sitting in front of a rowdy kid who kept resting his legs on my seat. It was a redeye flight, and he kept doing it, and I kept telling him to stop. Finally I found his mother, and made her switch seats with him. I was fucking livid. I didn't sleep the whole night, and I landed in Rome completely fucked. It took the first two days of my vacation to recover from it.

I will NEVER do that again. I'll make up some excuse, like being forced to take the window seat because of a head injury and I get vertigo if I can't look out the window, or something.

by Anonymousreply 32706/09/2010

Yes, old people seem to try the old switcheroo thing a lot. I guess they can't use computers to figure out their seating and expect nice treatment from whoever they end up sitting next to.

I love this thread!

by Anonymousreply 32806/09/2010

I've traveled with a partner multiple times, and I've never been seated in a separate area from them on the plane.

How does this happen? Do some people buy a single ticket, and then someone else later says "Hey, I'll go too!"? I've never had that happen to me. And if it ever did happen, I would make sure that I made all the appropriate phone calls to India to make the seat assignments connected.

by Anonymousreply 32906/09/2010

[quote][R287] you damn right I am the receptionist but I have to look up since the fucking elevator is in my face. No doubt your one of the cunts that never introduces yourself.

What r295 said. It is much more useful to say who you are seeing or what office you need to go to. We are receptionists. It wouldn't kill you to look up and acknowledge someone when they walk up by saying hello, or shocker: even making eye contact! People shouldn't have to walk up and "introduce" themselves with a preamble and a bullhorn. Maybe if you weren't feverishly typing on DL you would be a decent receptionist!

by Anonymousreply 33006/09/2010

Am I the only one on here who doesn't mind switching seats so people can sit together?

by Anonymousreply 33106/09/2010

Yes you are, R331. Or a chump. Most everyone who asks to switch is going to be screwing you over. Unless you like to sit in the middle seat at the back of the plane, of course.

by Anonymousreply 33206/09/2010

[quote]Yeah, people not leaving you personal space is a big one. I was on a virtually empty bus this morning, and this little Asian lady just had to sit right next to me...rather than take any of the available two-seaters.

[quote]Call me racist all you like, Asians do this a lot.

If you ever visit an asian country you'll quickly discover that they have a very different idea of personal space than Westerners, especially in the cities. It drives me nuts, but then my idea of personal space is a good 10' so I freely admit that I'm probably the one with the issues here.

by Anonymousreply 33306/10/2010

The specious cuntfart of a webmaster CLOSES a thread about whore-author Josh Kilmer-Purcell, because she'he's got her nose so far up his ass s/he can taste his spleen.

It's just too unbearable when people type online the truth about his mediocrity.

Really, really insipidly corrupt.

Oh, and the cuntertina webmaster tried to ban me from making comments. Didn't work, fuckface.

by Anonymousreply 33406/10/2010

bump for more bitchery

by Anonymousreply 33506/13/2010

About switching seats on airplanes thing?

It seems to me that some couples (okay, they might be New Yorkers) will intentionally book two separate seats - with the intention of choosing where they will sit together once the flight has boarded.

Depending on who is sitting where, they will decide to play the, "Oh, dear, my husband and I really want to sit together in case the plane goes down!" card to guilt whoever they target out of their preferred seat. By having two separate seats, they have two locations from which to choose.

by Anonymousreply 33606/13/2010

I just don't understand how they think their comfort trumps mine when they ask me to move from my seat when I'm settled in. I always say NO.

Oh but I see. They're a COUPLE so they of course cannot bear to be separated for a few hours. Why should we let them be separated. They're doing all that is holy. They may procreate!

I actually am just fine if my partner and I are separated on a flight. It's a few hours for fuck's sake. Take a nap.

by Anonymousreply 33706/13/2010

I had one member of a couple one aisle ahead of me, in a middle seat, and the other member of the couple next to me in a middle seat. I had a window. While putting their luggage up, this couple talked loudly over the seats about their situation, saying "maybe some nice person will give up their seat so we can sit together" with both of them looking at me. I put on a blank face. On and on they went, their voices getting louder, the looks at me more directed. This pissed me off, so I maintained a blank stone face and just acted like they were total strangers on a plane having a strange conversation having nothing to do with me. No way was I giving up the window I reserved prior for a middle. Passive aggressive sh~ts.

by Anonymousreply 33806/13/2010

Again, it all boils down to the fact that they truly believe their comfort, as a couple, is more important than yours. Bottom line.

by Anonymousreply 33906/13/2010

When I'm standing in line at a gas station/convenience store and all I need to do is pay for gas or a cup of coffee, I usually get stuck behind the gambling addict who's playing 50 fucking Powerball tickets and also buying 50 scratch-offs while also checking the Powerball numbers on their old tickets and doing the scratch-offs right there at the counter. These people take FOR-FUCKING-EVER to complete their lottery ticket purchases and check for the winning numbers, and by the time they're done, there's a huge line of pissed-off people stretching back to the aisles. I fucking hate these lottery ticket people!

by Anonymousreply 34006/13/2010

r322 Try eating the banana with a spoon. Those gag-strips get me too - but they break easily when cut with the spoon underside. Fingers stay clean too.

by Anonymousreply 34106/13/2010

People in Seattle who stand and talk in doorways.

People in Seattle who stand and talk at the bottom of escalators.

People in Seattle who stand in front of elevator doors.

People in Seattle to stand outside and in front of bus and train doors so no one can exit.

I have lived in many cities and this only observed this occurring regularly in Seattle.

by Anonymousreply 34206/13/2010

So... if it happens in a city other than Seattle, it doens't irritate the hell out of you?

by Anonymousreply 34306/13/2010

Women who stand in a long line to buy lunch, but wait until they reach the counter to evaluate the menu and decide what they want to order.

Men do not do this.

by Anonymousreply 34406/13/2010

It irritates me no matter where I go, but I have not been anywhere else that people stand in pathways to the extent that I have seen it in Seattle. In Seattle, it's ubiquitous.

by Anonymousreply 34506/13/2010

Bradley Cooper trolls.

by Anonymousreply 34606/13/2010

Here's one: you're at an intersection. you have the green light, but the road is crowded and there's not enough room for you to move forward and clear the intersection. You don't want to be the jerk blocking the cross-traffic if your light turns red and you're stuck in the middle.

So you hang back. However, when traffic moves and a little space opens up ahead, the driver on the cross-street who still has the red light makes a right turn on red and takes your spot. And they only got the chance because you were trying to be considerate!

by Anonymousreply 34706/14/2010

People who get all picky at salad bars...they inspect every damn morsel with a look of constant disdain and usually hold the utensil with a napkin.

Inevitably they are black women with minor jobs.

by Anonymousreply 34806/14/2010

R342, NYers have this galling habit of just stopping in the middle of the sidewalk when they run into someone they know. Fuck you, walk around us, we're having a very important conversation here and well I have a friend so I'm pretty damn special than.

Me, being the bitch that I am, always walk between them. Whoa! do they get pissed!

Oh, and they also expect you to get out of the way of their fucking dogs too.

by Anonymousreply 34906/14/2010

My roommate gets up two hours before me and immediately starts making phone calls. That wouldn't bother me so much, but she puts her phone on speaker with the volume maxed out loudly talking to the other people while she walks around the apartment. Even with my door closed, I can clearly both sides of her conversations.

She also turns off the central AC as soon as she gets up, turning my room into a sweat-box by the time I get up.

That, and people who pass on the shoulder of the road when you're stopped to make a left turn.

by Anonymousreply 35006/14/2010

Dealership plate frames on cars. Especially pricey cars.

by Anonymousreply 35106/14/2010

On public transit, you can mitigate some of the annoyances by tucking an umbrella under your arm, pointy-end out. One scenario in which it's helpful is when people try to pile into the train before you disembark.

Of course, it helps to live in a rainy area so it doesn't look strange to be walking around with an umbrella most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 35206/14/2010

R347 kind of like yours... I hate when people don't move up so you can get past them to make a right hand turn.

by Anonymousreply 35306/14/2010

R350 - did you say anything to your incredibly rude roommate - i.e. turn your speakerphone off and leave the AC on until I wake up?? Sounds like a selfish bitch

by Anonymousreply 35406/15/2010

People who sit in the aisle seat on the bus/train leaving the window seat open.

by Anonymousreply 35506/15/2010

Fraus who scratch their snatches in the work place. Highly inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 35606/15/2010

Actors that won't get out the closet and fangirls who can never see the truth.

by Anonymousreply 35706/15/2010

I hate when I am trying to make a left turn as the light is yellow, and a car in the oncoming lane comes through the red light so I can't go.

by Anonymousreply 35806/15/2010

People who text and drive.

by Anonymousreply 35906/15/2010

Gum chewing is bad enough, but worse is when people who chew it very juicily, with about a quart of saliva washing around in their mouths as they chomp noisily.

by Anonymousreply 36006/17/2010

Oops, should be: "when people chew it very juicily"

by Anonymousreply 36106/17/2010

Relatives who are 5 feet from a fire in the kitchen, on the stove,who do nothing.

They wait for other people to come from outside and upstairs to come save the day.

These same relatives are the same ones who show up empty handed for every event.

Next occasion I am going to have an I.Q. test administered to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 36206/18/2010

When people take a current event or tragedy and try to tie it in with their own peculiar obsession or prejudice. It's pretty dickish of these people to think that they and their beliefs have to be at center stage, no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 36306/20/2010

Dining with vegans.

by Anonymousreply 36406/20/2010

Fundies or catholics who have 5 kids - grrrrr

by Anonymousreply 36506/22/2010

when someone comes in my room and doesnt shut the door back it pisses me off and when i go in the bathroom and there's like a giant hair ball in the sink Uhhg just thinking about it makes me mad also when people just take food off my plate without asking next time someone does that im smacking them in their face and last but no least when someone you talked to like only one time fallows you around and starts calling you best friends and you tell them nicely to go away because their really fucking annoying but they dont leave -_-

by Anonymousreply 36611/14/2012

[quote]I rage when someone around me cracks their gum. I know it's irrational, but it just makes me go mental

Me too. The other is people who still write checks at the store. I write one check two checks a month. One to the landlord and one for the water company because they charge a fee for electronic payments.

by Anonymousreply 36711/14/2012

one check two checks a month should be just two checks.

by Anonymousreply 36811/14/2012

people on a crowded train who make no effort whatsoever to pull their shoulders in so you can sit more comfortably next to them.

by Anonymousreply 36911/15/2012

People who don't shut the toilet lid before flushing their poop. Crap particulates fly throughout the bathroom covering everything (including toothbrushes) with an invisible layer of vaporized fecal matter. There is no excuse for not closing the damn lid and leaving closed when not in use. It's a biohazard.

by Anonymousreply 37011/15/2012

if people are comfortable with saying "Spaghetti" why not "panini"?

by Anonymousreply 37111/15/2012

Assinine, narcissistic drivers who feel it necessary to clean their windshield doing 50 mph on the highway!! Clean that shit before you start moving! Thanks to you, I now have to hit my wiper button and wash my formerly clear window because the wind drove your fluid back. Oh, and 90% of the time, the reason you can't see isn't because the outside is dirty; its the film from your defroster, you idiot.

Also, drivers who need to be first at everything. I put my right blinker on and the guy behind me put his left blinker on. Rather than let me get over in front of him, he speeds up and then proceeds to cut me off. Would have been so much easier if we just switched lanes at the same time but nooooooooooooo.

by Anonymousreply 37211/29/2012

People being interviewed on radio or TV who start their reply with "That's a good question."

by Anonymousreply 37311/29/2012

[quote]The other is people who still write checks at the store.

Does this consume an extra 20 seconds of your day? It's usually elderly people who do this, cut them some slack.

What irritates the hell out of me is impatient people in lines. chill out.

by Anonymousreply 37411/29/2012

People who warm up broccoli or fish in the office microwave making everything stink.

by Anonymousreply 37511/29/2012

Oblivious folks who walk down the center of a parking lot lane. Bratty crying kids at Target. Morons who block the entire aisle in grocery stores with their carts. People who walk/slip through an open door you're holding with nary a thank you. Fools who talk on their cellphones at a fucking library.

by Anonymousreply 37611/29/2012

I never want to swap seats, unless it gets me away from an infant, like on my last flight.

I do think the airlines make it harder for couples these days with all the holding back of seats for premium price sale. I've had the experience of booking a flight 2 months in advance and only being offered single middle seats to select. Makes me almost as crazy as the 27 classes of priority boarding they all do now.

I flew from Chicago to NY last month and the gate crew, god love them, actually made the announcement, "If you are in boarding groups 3 or 4, there probably won't be any overhead space for your luggage, We suggest you gate check it now."

Flying sucks for everybody now.

by Anonymousreply 37711/29/2012

I love to read and I love old movies. But my taste is pretty specific. So I hate it when I get books and/or DVD's for Christmas or my birthday. I'm invariably asked by the givers at some point in the future if I liked the book or movie they gave me -- these are always things they loved, so they're sure I will, too. But I invariably haven't gotten around to reading or watching them, and then the givers cop an attitude.

by Anonymousreply 37811/30/2012

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I HATE it when people get on crowded subways and don't take off their damn backpacks. They're always hitting someone in the head/face with it. People who do this are total douchenozzles.

by Anonymousreply 37911/30/2012

People who take their dog to run beside them while they ride their bike. Pisses me off.

by Anonymousreply 38011/30/2012

People who chose the worst possible places to stop and talk with a friend or friends -- the middle of a sidewalk, the entrance way to a building, the aisle of a crowded theater, the bottom of the stairs to a subway platform. So inconsiderate and unaware of the fact that there are other people in the world.

by Anonymousreply 38111/30/2012

Women who pay for something and then stand there for 20 minutes rearranging their purse.

People in the grocery store line who "forgot one thing" and hold up the line while they search the store for something they forgot.

The black woman at CVS who always yells "Form two lines". If she quit yelling and checked people out faster, there wouldn't be any lines.

by Anonymousreply 38211/30/2012

people who pay with credit/debit card when the total is only 1 or 2 dollars or really low amount.

by Anonymousreply 38311/30/2012

[quote]People in the grocery store line who "forgot one thing" and hold up the line while they search the store for something they forgot.

OMG I wish those people could be KILLED!

by Anonymousreply 38411/30/2012

I second the people who ride bikes while their dog runs along side. I wish the dog would spot a deer and yank the a**hole off the bike.

by Anonymousreply 38511/30/2012

People that stop their car in the middle of the street to talk to someone in a passing car or someone walking down the street

by Anonymousreply 38611/30/2012

Taking a page from the poster who mentioned people taking forever with their goddamn samples of ice cream: same thing in San Francisco at San Francisco Soup COmpany "stores" - people having to sample 4 or 5 damn soups. I would slightly applaud them for trying to get something free but it's well-dressed business women - entitled fucking bitches - who usually do this.

by Anonymousreply 38711/30/2012

How about people who take the elevator DOWN one flight of steps??

by Anonymousreply 38811/30/2012

R81, THANK YOU! especially for the one about , getting on a non-crowded bus and some asshole sits next to you. I lived in SF 20 years; once, I got on a bus that was completely empty (maybe was an extra bus being put on the run) - and another woman got on - and sat RIGHT next to me! I couldn't believe it! I muttered to myself loud enough so she could hear, and excused myself and moved to another seat. Unreal!

by Anonymousreply 38911/30/2012

Douchebags yapping on their cellphones on public transportation

Fucktards who drive in the passing lane

by Anonymousreply 39011/30/2012

R107, what can you do? "They're" not too bright. Sp--s, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 39111/30/2012

Dinner for 12 and only 11 spoons.

by Anonymousreply 39211/30/2012

R151, why not just say, "men"??

by Anonymousreply 39311/30/2012

People who lay on their horn when traffic is trying to move through a bad bottleneck. Making all that fucking noise is just making the situation more irritating than it already is, it makes me want to toss a brick through your car window, and it doesnt make the cars move any faster. I think law enforcement should be able to write tickets for excessive and unnecessary use of car horns.

by Anonymousreply 39411/30/2012

People (usually old men) who go right next to you on the treadmill/elliptical when there are 40 free ones. I actually feel sorry for them because I stink something awful after running for an hour.

by Anonymousreply 39512/01/2012

A pedestrian is in a crosswalk, forcing the first turning car to wait.

Fine, but the car BEHIND that car can never seem to figure out the reason the guy in front of him isn't HONK HONK HONK!

by Anonymousreply 39612/01/2012

People who blow you off when you politely, and repeatedly (over time) try to contact them, but who then respond iN SECONDS when you finally call them on their behavior. Like they were waiting for you to complain so they could take issue with tha. Of course, if you stop contacting them, once they realize this, they slither out of the woodwork, contact you, and ask why you haven't been keeping in touch.

Related complaint: people who never have time to talk but suddenly find all day to argue.

by Anonymousreply 39712/01/2012

That wouldn't bother me because i figure they just know who you are and don't want to gamble on some horrible stranger instead. It also appears more orederly.

by Anonymousreply 39812/01/2012

Fake ass white women who act all sweet and kind but are hateful, racist bitches in reality. Famous examples would be Sandra Bullock and Reese Witherspoon. 99.9% of all southern white women are like this.

by Anonymousreply 39912/01/2012

I know this has to have been covered, but tourists who walk four-abreast on crowded urban streets, without a care in the world.

Don't even get me started on why Hebrew National packs have seven hotdogs, when bun packs have eight buns.

by Anonymousreply 40012/01/2012

R391 is being raped by a dozen Hispanics at this very moment.

by Anonymousreply 40112/01/2012

People who us redundant abbreviations like "PIN Number." They must have done terribly on the SAT Test. I swear, if these people came down with the HIV Virus, I wouldn't care.

by Anonymousreply 40212/01/2012

The person who stands at the coffee station tasting and adjusting their coffee with the sugar and milk for 5 minutes. Usually a black woman.

Same black woman at the cafeteria self-serve thing, holding the utensil with a napkin and being VERY particular about EVERY morsel of food...inspecting, sneering, pushing a piece of chicken aside in a huff before finally choosing one.

Women who sit on the subway with their legs crossed and their fucking legs sticking out halfway across the car. Usually it is the woman sitting in front of the pole so you have to step over her foot (I don't).

by Anonymousreply 40312/01/2012

Use of the word "launch" for anything other than things that actually leave the ground.

by Anonymousreply 40412/03/2012

People obsessed with making sure EVERYONE gets the flu shot, usually overweight authority figures who then turn the argument into "I don't want YOU getting ME sick" type of thing.

by Anonymousreply 40512/04/2012

People who don't eat gluten and then that's all they friggin' talk about. Great, I'm glad you feel better because you don't eat gluten but can you please shut about it? No one else cares.

by Anonymousreply 40612/04/2012

People who say "no problem" instead of something like "you're welcome."

by Anonymousreply 40712/04/2012

I hate it when coworkers call my office for my email address, usually when I'm in deep thought. We are constantly cc'd on emails from our boss AND we have an Outlook directory for our agency. WTF. Please stop interrupting me for that shit so I dont have to choke you.

Also, people that chew ice in public places drive me insane. And 9 times out of 10 it is a woman who somehow thinks its cute that people can hear her chomping and destroying her teeth from across a room.

by Anonymousreply 40812/08/2012

[quote] People who don't eat gluten and then that's all they friggin' talk about. Great, I'm glad you feel better because you don't eat gluten but can you please shut about it? No one else cares.

My grown niece does that. I now realize she mostly does it when she sees other people eating regular bread and she can't, but wishes she could. Sometimes even a television commercial will set her off.

by Anonymousreply 40912/08/2012

Bitch thread forecasted to max out.

by Anonymousreply 41012/08/2012

People who stop to get their bearings right at the top of the stairs leaving the subway.

by Anonymousreply 41112/08/2012

I'm sure I posted this in this thread before but...

People in the supermarker who park there carts in the aisles so no one else can move their carts through. MOVE. THE. FUCK. OVER.

Related to that, people walking in public places slowly or with a group of people in a way that doesn't allow anyone else to get by.

In the dating game, chasers who flip and become the chasee after you show an interest and want to go out. I know, I know, "he's not that into me", but it's still irritating.

by Anonymousreply 41212/08/2012

r411, or at the bottom of an escalator.

by Anonymousreply 41312/08/2012

"People in the supermarker who park there carts in the aisles so no one else can move their carts through. MOVE. THE. FUCK. OVER."

This is what I hate about Costco. I wish Costco would be more discriminating about who they gave memberships to. Too many people who don't know how to move through the aisles and leave their fucking 9 trillion children at home.

And by the way, those free samples are samples, not your entire fucking lunch. If you want more, buy the product.

by Anonymousreply 41412/08/2012

People at work who won't replace something they've just used the last of.

Well, FUCK YOU. I'm going to open the big box of forks and ONLY TAKE OUT ONE because that's all I need. Then I'm going to put the box back in the cabinet.

by Anonymousreply 41512/08/2012

[quote]Related to that, people walking in public places slowly or with a group of people in a way that doesn't allow anyone else to get by.

This bugs the shit out of me, too, especially when they give you the stink-eye or otherwise act all offended if you dare to say "excuse me" and make your way past them.

by Anonymousreply 41612/08/2012

R414 I agree with you about Costco. I was there last week and people were crowding around all the free food samples like buzzards, taking more than one. It really did look like they were eating their lunch, it was so trashy. People can be such fucking pigs.

by Anonymousreply 41712/09/2012

Websites that present lists in pictures only so you have to scroll through the entire slideshow to see what's #1 or #10 or whatever.

Worse are sites like that don't even embed the slideshow, so each click to the next picture requires the entire page to reload.

by Anonymousreply 41812/09/2012

People who let small things irritate the shit out of them.

by Anonymousreply 41912/09/2012

The subway riders who don't move in as far as they can make me want to yell. I sometimes do, actually. "Is there some reason why you can't move in?" "Can you move in?" Other times, I just muscle my way through them to the more open area, forcibly, and without apology.

There are the people who just don't want to walk any farther once inside the door, and then there are the dumb sheep who think that everyone must be crowding around the pole just inside the door for a reason, so they decide they'd better stand there, too, making the situation worse.

In New York, I think the 4/5 and 1/2/3 lines have the worst offenders. Ignorant, rude, entitled idiots.

by Anonymousreply 42012/09/2012

people who stand at the deli counter and order three thousand fucking scratch tickets

by Anonymousreply 42112/09/2012

ITA @ R418. Just give me the damn list of the top 10 power foods I should be eating for optimal health. I don't need to see a slide show of each one Are we in preschool?

by Anonymousreply 42212/09/2012

r417, it's the same with all free samples. In NYC, on April 15 - Tax Day, there are several vendors that stand in front of the main post office in NYC and pass out free samples. Snapple has been there a couple of years passing out tea and juice. People show up with shopping bags and load up. They have absolutely no dignity and no respect for the fact that maybe other people would like some. I'm amazed that people can't take just one and move on.

by Anonymousreply 42312/09/2012

I'm enjoying this thread too much.

When you're on the freeway keeping a respectable distance between you and the car in front of you with no one behind you and some idiot speeds up and cuts you off. They could just as easily have slowed down to get behind you leaving less potential for a wreck. I hate those people.

by Anonymousreply 42412/09/2012

A gay man who thinks that just because you are another gay man and are talking to him, that you want to fuck him and gives you attitude. Bitch, you ain't all that!

by Anonymousreply 42512/09/2012

Oh, the lottery ticket people! Every goddamn time when I am in line at the convenience store and just getting a drink or coffee or whatever (with the exact change in my hand), a transaction that will take all of three seconds, I get stuck behind these idiots who are getting 500 tickets and holding up the line until it's backed up to the aisles. I hate these people!

People who still write checks in grocery stores who are not 125 years old. I understand that really old people are afraid of that newfangled card-swiping technology (that's only been around for about 20 years now) and I can accept that, but there is no excuse for the bitch in her 40s or 50s to still not have a fucking debit card and hold up the line while she s-l-o-w-l-y retrieves her checkbook and s-l-o-w-l-y writes out the check.

Likewise, the people who are in line cashing out who suddenly remember they forgot some stupid item and then GO BACK INTO THE STORE, leaving everyone behind them in line fuming while they retrieve their precious item from the aisle on the other side of the store. I think this should count as justifiable homocide.

Can you tell I just got back from the store a few minutes ago?

by Anonymousreply 42612/09/2012

People who complain about inconsequential things.

by Anonymousreply 42712/09/2012

r426, what state do you live in? I didn't know stores still accepted checks.

by Anonymousreply 42812/09/2012

CT, 428. Grocery stores and drugstores like Walgreens still accept checks, I also think most retail stores do as well.

by Anonymousreply 42912/09/2012

People (generally male) who get off an airplane, walk to the middle of the main gate corridor, and stop to check their i/smartphone. If you aren't talking someone through a life-saving procedure like open heart or brain surgery, GET FUCK OUT OF THE WAY!! This also seems to happen at the bottom and top of escalators.

In keeping with the air travel theme, please learn to A) read your seat number on your ticket and, B) match that with the numbered row and lettered seat on the plane, it would be greatly appreciated. The last 3 flights I took this month had people in the wrong row or seat. Of course these idiots were sitting in window seats which necessitated everyone getting up, moving into the aisle and switching seats.

by Anonymousreply 43001/18/2013

People on their cell phones in a parked car oblivious to the fact that you are waiting on their spot (or they know and just don't care)

People that say "amazing" all the time

People that don't put the "ly" on their adverbs

People that take 14 yrs to turn RIGHT of all things

People that don't do the wave, when you let them cut in front of you in traffic R83

People who whistle in the office

Waiters who treat you like shit or ignore you all night and don't get friendly until the check comes. You are fooling NO ONE.

by Anonymousreply 43101/18/2013

LOUD cell phone talkers (and it's not a little thing, really). It's so freakin' rude!

by Anonymousreply 43201/18/2013

The things I hate having to hear:

Portuguese being spoken; also some Asian languages.

slurping; any mouth noise, really

that noise Black women make clicking their gum

children in restaurants, esp. ones who bang things (usually toy cars) on tables

going to the theatre, movie or live

Bangalorean customer service. I paid extra for USA customer service and tech support for my new computer.

speakerphones being used in public. This is in the top three of most annoying things that assholes do.

shoes you can hear on the floor or sidewalk

neighbors’ stereos (though the iTunesification of the world has made apartment life a lot better)

by Anonymousreply 43301/18/2013

people who stand in the passing lane on escalators

those awful blue headlights

Sidewalk smokers. Go to the rooftop.

People who get in the “__ or fewer” lane with more than __ items. The registers should be programmed to give the total once the item limit has been reached.

people who write or say “people that” instead of “people who”

"To continue in English, press 1"

smokers whining about people bumming cigs from them. QUIT, ALREADY.

The obsession with sliming your hands with Purell, and the assumption on the part of the obsessed that you’d like some of their slime. Doesn’t work and it smells AWFUL.

Cashiers who slime their hands before picking up my groceries. I mostly use the self-checkout for this reason.

people who stand in the left (passing) lane on escalators

by Anonymousreply 43401/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!