Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Celebrity Speech Impediments, Accents, Dialects, etc.

Liza's "sh" - when did it start? Why has it worsened? Carol's "sh" sibilant lateral lisp - is it just exaggerated, or does she do it in private too? Holly Hunter - uses the same regionalism for every role, regardless of where the play/tv show/movie is set. Hepburn uses her New England dialect in DRAGON SEED when she's supposed to be a Chinese! Discuss the celebrity speech impediments that you find endearing or irritating in the extreme

by Anonymousreply 17212/01/2014

Holly Hunter owns this thread. There's a reason her only accolades have come from a movie in which she didn't say a word. It's not the ridiculous accent as much as it sounds like she constantly has marbles and snuff in her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 705/30/2010

Drew Barrymore's baby-doll lisp is totally distracting.

by Anonymousreply 1005/30/2010

Oliver Hudson has a lisp he cannot conceal.

by Anonymousreply 1105/30/2010

Adam Scott-- who grew up in Santa Cruz, CA-- has a bit of the universal rich kid stoner's drawl. The soft o's, etc. I love it.

by Anonymousreply 1305/30/2010

Whitney's. Her speech is so slurred. I don't know what it's about. Her tongue is weird, too, when she sings.

by Anonymousreply 1405/30/2010

Peter Sarsgaard has something going on with his speech, but I can't quite put my finger on it. It's a general ooziness. So sleazy, of course I love it.

by Anonymousreply 1805/30/2010

Bernadette Peters's Queens accent -- I can't believe she hasn't been asked to blend when singing. In the cast recording for "Gypsy," the actors playing Louise and Herbie sing "togetherrrrr" and Bernadette sings "togetha." Sticks out in a big way.

by Anonymousreply 2205/30/2010

I thought part of acting school was to take speech and enunciation classes and learn how to hide or fake an accent.

by Anonymousreply 2305/30/2010

most don't go to acting school

by Anonymousreply 2405/30/2010

Annie Lennox rules with her soft Scottish burr. I don't hear it in her songs, though, even live ones.

by Anonymousreply 2505/30/2010

Holly Hunter is hearing impaired and has that southern accent. It is amazing that she can speak as well as she does.

Carol Kane is another one who is hearing impaired as well.

I cannot snark on either one of those two at all.

Drew Barrymore is horrible. I think she was told to keep the lisp as a child (for a cuteness factor) and just could never get rid of it. Some child stars are told such things.

Barbara Walters spent part of her girlhood in Boston. I think that made her speech issue worse or something. There is an interview she did somewhere on the net where her Boston accent shone through like the dickens, but she also had that total inability to pronounce her "R's" as well. It is really weird and I wish I could remember where I saw it, but I cannot.

Troy Garity has a horrible way of speaking. He is Jane Fonda's son and I have no idea what is wrong with him, but he can barely speak clearly at all and he oftentimes speaks really slowly like a stroke victim or something. I think he owns this thread.

The best person who kept their accent is Paula Prentiss. She almost always used her own Texas accent in films and all and just did not let it stop her because she had a masterful command of her voice.

by Anonymousreply 2605/30/2010

Russell Simmons owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 2705/30/2010

[quoteIt's so funny to hear that bit of Australia come out of his mouth, when he's supposed to be in ancient Troy or outer space.

Because we all know that people in ancient Troy spoke with a British accent.

by Anonymousreply 2805/30/2010

Keep on rolling them, idiot at R28.

The point is that the cast were also supposed to speak with a uniformity of accents - the British accent was the one chosen.

by Anonymousreply 2905/30/2010

I think R8 is right about Australian actors. My friend is an actor from Australia and she says the same thing. Their film industry is tiny and everyone knows they have to master American accent if they want to have a chance at international career.

by Anonymousreply 3005/30/2010

ADAM ARKIN! Seriously, couldn't his father afford a speech therapist? It makes me nuts!

Jesse Jackson owns this thread! I don't understand a word he says--is it a southern accent or speech impediment?

by Anonymousreply 3205/30/2010

R31

Here is a clip of Troy Garity speaking. And yes, I do think he is "special" in some way. His way of speaking in "A Soldier's Girl" is how he really speaks. Really.

Jane Fonda totally favors him for sure.

by Anonymousreply 3305/30/2010

R33's clip is hilarious.

I didn't realize Troy Garity spoke like he was recovering from a massive head injury and the fact that he plays the communications officer in his sci-fi movie is unintentionally hysterical.

It's like he's channeling William Shatner attending the Keanu Reeves School of Thespian Arts.

by Anonymousreply 3405/30/2010

Jay Leno's voice makes me want to hit him in the face with a shovel. Or maybe it's just because I hate him so much.

by Anonymousreply 3505/30/2010

For the poster commenting on Bernadette Peters' accent....singing a hard "R" at the end of words is a hallmark of untrained singers.

by Anonymousreply 3605/30/2010

Holly Hunter speaks out of the side of her mouth due to hearing loss she suffered as a child. She is deaf in one ear.

I thought Gerard Butler's garbled speech was a Scottish thing, because Sean Connery has similar issues. However, as a child Butler had surgery that impaired his hearing.

by Anonymousreply 3805/30/2010

What I have, dahling, is not an impediment, much less an affectation, nor can it accurately be considered an accent. It's more of a life style, dahling, really.

by Anonymousreply 4005/30/2010

R41, many gays find it difficult to eliminate a lisp.

by Anonymousreply 4205/30/2010

"Holly Hunter speaks out of the side of her mouth due to hearing loss she suffered as a child. She is deaf in one ear." I thought I read it was from a firearm that went off too close to her ear on a movie set.

by Anonymousreply 4405/30/2010

"Judge Judy"'s authority is undermined by her coarse Brooklyn accent. It will always make her sound less educated.

by Anonymousreply 4505/30/2010

Anderson Cooper pronounces double t's like d's. He'll say "buddon" instead of "button" and "Manhaddan" instead of "Manhattan", "thredden" instead of "threaten". It's oddly cute. He also has a habit of saying "ro-butt" instead of "robot".

by Anonymousreply 4605/30/2010

The cast of Zoom

by Anonymousreply 4705/30/2010

I'm deaf in my right ear but I don't speak out of the side of my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 4805/30/2010

Judge Judy sound less-educated when she uses "badly" to describe how she feels.

by Anonymousreply 4905/30/2010

[quote]Judge Judy sound less-educated when she uses "badly" to describe how she feels.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 5005/30/2010

I don't see or hear anything wrong with Troy Garity, really. Flame away, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 5105/30/2010

I love accents, I'd hate it if everyone sounded the same, it would be so boring.

by Anonymousreply 5205/30/2010

You can hear Liza's sshhh on Flora, the Red Menace. It's gotten worse over the years and yes, dentures don't help.

by Anonymousreply 5305/30/2010

Jonathan Ross' trouble with saying 'r'. Cruel given his surname.

by Anonymousreply 5405/31/2010

The first time I noticed Whitney had a slurred speech was the 2002 Diane Sawyer interview. She didn't have dentures then. I think she has lost tongue control due to drugs.

by Anonymousreply 5505/31/2010

Tharah Paulthon's lithp.

by Anonymousreply 5605/31/2010

Alicia Silverstone speaks out of the side of her mouth too--it is such an odd affectation.

Doesn't Ally Sheedy do it too? I watched "St. Elmo's Fire" the other night and she has some weird mouth movement going on...

by Anonymousreply 5705/31/2010

Maybe someone already mentioned something similar, but I hate how John McCain says WAR-shington instead of WASH-ington.

by Anonymousreply 5805/31/2010

Gywneth Paltrow's lisp. She gets accolades from critics for her British accent but it's an accent marred by the ever present lisp.

by Anonymousreply 5905/31/2010

Charlize Theron's tongue roll, her voice comes off like she has a bucket of saliva in her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 6005/31/2010

Barbara Walters sounds like an elderly owl, drowning.

by Anonymousreply 6105/31/2010

LOL R61!

by Anonymousreply 6205/31/2010

There's something weird about how John Leguizamo talks but I can't put my finger on it, it's like he chews his words. It's irritating.

by Anonymousreply 6306/01/2010

holly hunter

by Anonymousreply 6412/09/2010

"Drew Barrymore's baby-doll lisp shines through in every role, but I find it endearing."%0D %0D %0D %0D %0D Speaking of baby doll lisps....Katie Holmes. Surprised no one mentioned her. Her baby voice irritates me to no end.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 6512/09/2010

Liza doesn't have dentures. If you compare pics from her younger Cabaret days and now, it's the same teeth. Her more recent speech impediment is a result of the encephelitis she was stricken with a decade ago.

by Anonymousreply 6612/09/2010

I love you, r47. It's like we grew up in the same household.

Getting back to our list, the best friend (Crista Miller) from "Cougartown" has something going on with her lips that gives her an obnoxious lisp. She's one of the reasons I stopped watching the show.

by Anonymousreply 6712/09/2010

Barbara Walters has an accent typical of the Jewish community in inner-city Boston. I work with an older man about a decade younger than Barbara who grew up a block away from her, and he speaks the same way.

by Anonymousreply 6812/09/2010

Mikael Nyqvist in Downloading Nancy, could not speak without that funny accent.

by Anonymousreply 6912/09/2010

Hewwo!?

by Anonymousreply 7012/09/2010

[quote]John McCain says WAR-shington instead of WASH-ington%0D %0D My mom says "warsh" for "wash" too but she's from Michigan. I don't know what McCain's excuse is.

by Anonymousreply 7112/09/2010

Clay Aiken. What is up with his phrasing when he sings?

[quote]Holly Hunter speaks out of the side of her mouth due to hearing loss she suffered as a child. She is deaf in one ear.

I'm not knocking her and whatever problem she may have, but Stephen Colbert lost hearing in one ear when he was a kid and he speaks beautifully.

by Anonymousreply 7212/09/2010

Chris Matthews should not be on television or radio with that disgusting speech. A few months ago he criticized someone for having a "NJ accent." %0D %0D He should listen to himself before he dare criticize anyone.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 7312/09/2010

The worse affection is David Tyler Muir on ABC News.

by Anonymousreply 7512/09/2010

I always suspected that Holly Hunter's speech pattern was more the result of hidden bull dykism than a true speech impediment. Bitch sounds like a damn longshoreman when she speaks. I have always thought the same thing about Reba McEntire. Dem bitches sound like they've got gonads!

by Anonymousreply 7812/09/2010

Chris Wragge is the ultimate mush mouth!

by Anonymousreply 7912/09/2010

I think Troy Garrity's accent is adorable. And it doesn't hurt that he's about the cutest thing around.

And the person who said Holly Hunter speaks out of the side of her mouth because of hearing loss in one ear is a complete moron. People who do that do it because of facial muscle anomalies.

by Anonymousreply 8012/09/2010

John Travolta's been fighting his way past ill-fitting dentures for several years now. He always sounds like Liza Minnelli. %0D %0D I wonder if the Drew Barrymore lisp comes from being a drunk during her formative years. Whenever she speaks I see a little girl in a party dress at Studio 54 demanding her next line of coke.

by Anonymousreply 8112/09/2010

I think Beyonce sounds like an idiot when she speaks. Truly, truly stupid-sounding.

by Anonymousreply 8212/09/2010

Cindy Brady owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 8312/09/2010

Anne Hathaway did a delicious parody of Katie Holmes's baby voice on SNL a couple of weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 8412/09/2010

You can't discuss "baby voice" without mentioning Melanie Griffith. Sounds like she's 5 instead of 55.

by Anonymousreply 8512/09/2010

David Zayas, the guy who plays Angel Batista on Dexter has an Elmer Fudd-like speech impediment. It's always there a little, but on the last episode in particular it was very pronounced.

by Anonymousreply 8612/09/2010

Judging by the thoughts Troy Garrity is expressing in that video, he is not dumb or special, I think he has emotional/mental issues.

by Anonymousreply 8712/09/2010

[quote]Getting back to our list, the best friend (Crista Miller) from "Cougartown" has something going on with her lips that gives her an obnoxious lisp.

More plastic surgery than Cher, and started way younger. God knows why, too; she was so adorable on "Drew Carey" that I had a huge crush on her. Now she's a mannequin with Michael-Jackson syndrome. Not a good change.

Mine: Hal Sparks as Michael in "Queer as Folk" -- the character was born and bred in PA, but the actor's from Kentucky. In a stand-up routine, Sparks talks about "taking his accent into an alley and shooting it" so it wouldn't keep him from getting laid, but the one word that survived the assault was 'everybody'.

He says 'ever-body' in almost every episode of QAF. A friend pointed it out early on, and after that I couldn't ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 8812/09/2010

Speaking of QAF, how about Robert Gant's lisp?

by Anonymousreply 8912/09/2010

R82, I don't think it's a speech impediment as much as her own Texas (?) drawl combined with a small brain.

by Anonymousreply 9012/09/2010

Hilary Swank talks like she got grass in her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 9112/10/2010

r60, it's dyke voice mixed with an Afrikan accent.

by Anonymousreply 9212/10/2010

James Franco has a slight lisp, doesn't he?

by Anonymousreply 9312/10/2010

Newscasters are the best examples. They either mumble or have such bac speech impediments that you understand only every other word. Think Barbara Walters, Tom Brokaw, Matt Lauer, etc. And local anchors/reports/weathermen are no better. In NYC, Michael Gargulo, John Marshall, Lori Stokes, Joe Nolan, and the list goes on...

by Anonymousreply 9412/10/2010

[quote]Jay Leno's voice makes me want to hit him in the face with a shovel.

Somebody already beat you to it, R34.

ITA with R51.

by Anonymousreply 9512/13/2010

"Hepburn uses her New England dialect in DRAGON SEED when she's supposed to be a Chinese!"%0D %0D Just to be clear, are you suggesting that she should have a Chinese accent? A standard American accent? What?

by Anonymousreply 9612/13/2010

What is that jesse jackson accent? No one else speaks that way. Even his son doesn't speak with that accent.

by Anonymousreply 9712/13/2010

Troy Garity sounds fine to me. Those bags under his eyes...they are really distracting. Elizabeth Perkins' lisp always bugs the hell out of me. I haven't seen her lately, maybe she's retired?

by Anonymousreply 9812/13/2010

Hugh Laurie, is bad, I love house anyway!

by Anonymousreply 9904/16/2011

The actor Taylor Nichols has a true stutter and in some of the things I've seen in him (Barcelona for example), they don't edit it out.

by Anonymousreply 10004/16/2011

Paula Prentiss: THE most annoying, unbearable voice in Hollywood. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 10104/09/2012

Doesn't anyone wonder why I have a thick southern accent, yet I was raised in Brentwwod, California by my Mommie Dearest ?

by Anonymousreply 10204/09/2012

Lou Ferrigno stutters and because he's partially deaf doesn't completely pronounce some words correctly.

by Anonymousreply 10304/09/2012

Winona Ryder talks through her nose.

by Anonymousreply 10404/09/2012

Do film and TV actors even get vocal training anymore?

I hear so much bad, mumbled, horrible-sounding speech onscreen these days I can't stand it.

by Anonymousreply 10504/09/2012

[quote]Holly Hunter - uses the same regionalism for every role, regardless of where the play/tv show/movie is set.

I guess you missed the note-perfect Scottish burr she used for her voiceovers at the beginning and the end of The Piano.

by Anonymousreply 10604/09/2012

R7--I guess Holly's Best Actress Oscar nomination for Broadcast News, isn't much of an accolade. I love her accent and find it endearing. She does speak in The Piano and sounds nothing like a hillbilly. Her accent was good enough for Jodie Foster to steal for Silence of the Lambs and win an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 10704/09/2012

Maggie Gyllenhaal lisps. I was surprised when I saw her on some late night talk show a while ago, but she definitely has one.

by Anonymousreply 10804/09/2012

Madonna's speaking dialect of choice is a truly funny mishmash of "white American woman putting on a vaguely brit/euro/posh accent." But then one out of her every dozen vowel sounds misses its mark, and you hear a fleeting glimpse of the Ciccone clan from Pontiac MI.

by Anonymousreply 10904/09/2012

R101 You just know the Paula Prentiss Troll will come after you for that! Uh huh.

Sarah Paulson annoys me just like in general. But, what she is doing lately really gets on my nerves. She forces her voice down into a low register but then when he lisp acts up her natural register goes right along with it. It is the weirdest thing.

In "Game Change" she would speak in her fake lower register but then when her lisp would act up she would speak in a breathy voice.

Annoying! Own your lisp, Sarah. Just own it. You're almost 40 years of age, there is nothing more that can be done with it so just own it, deary.

by Anonymousreply 11004/09/2012

Speaking of low registers, R110, Jodie Foster has a forced low register that is downright distracting.

by Anonymousreply 11104/09/2012

Fran Drescher!

by Anonymousreply 11204/09/2012

Demi Moore deliberately damaged her vocal chords, ostensibly to have a sexier voice. Anyone think her efforts worked?

by Anonymousreply 11304/09/2012

Doris Day's combo squeaky/gravely voice was caused by her 2.5 pack a day smoking habit.

by Anonymousreply 11504/09/2012

[quote] Liza's "sh" - when did it start?

OP, with her first drink of the day.

[quote] Why has it worsened?

Because of her seventh drink of the day, darling.

Any other questions?

by Anonymousreply 11604/09/2012

LOL R116.

by Anonymousreply 11704/09/2012

I don't care what kind of surgery Gerard Butler had as a child, his speech impediment is annoying and he spits when he talks. James MacAvoy and Sean Connery are Scots. Ewan McGregor is a Scotsman. None of them talk like that. Butler's teeth are the problem and with all his millions from making the garbage movies he makes, you'd think he would get it taken care of. I can't watch 300 without laughing outloud at his one dimensional, spit infested portrayal.

by Anonymousreply 11804/09/2012

The speaking voices of Streisand, Midler and SJP make my teeth itch.

by Anonymousreply 11904/09/2012

Emma Stone owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 12104/09/2012

Sarah Palin's baby doll nasal is repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 12304/09/2012

Foster and Hunter have lesbian accents.

by Anonymousreply 12404/10/2012

You nailed it, R124.

by Anonymousreply 12504/10/2012

R124 Do you mean cane voice?

by Anonymousreply 12604/10/2012

Joan Rivers. I love her to death, Brooklyn accent and all.

by Anonymousreply 12704/10/2012

Olympia Dukakis can't speak without her Boston accent. And Keith Morrison - weirdest speech pattern EVAH.

by Anonymousreply 12804/10/2012

Is Charlize a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 12904/10/2012

THe story about Alan RIckman's childhood impediment is a myth.

by Anonymousreply 13004/10/2012

Kayne's blue gum accent...

by Anonymousreply 13104/10/2012

Apparently James Earl Jones stuttered as a kid so he had to be trained not to do that. The result is pulling his lips away from his teeth so widely and sharply that I have to look away.

by Anonymousreply 13204/10/2012

Joan Rivers is from Larchmont. Her accent is not Brooklyn at all.

by Anonymousreply 13304/10/2012

This is very offensive. Don't stop someone because they may have a slight speech impediment.I have heard BEAUTIFUL singers and TALENTED actors/actresses with lisps. I don't understand what the problem is.And why would you care?It usually has to do with the mouth's formation.Or the way you grew.Its not their fault!

by Anonymousreply 13404/17/2012

R133 - Joan Rivers was born and raised in Brooklyn and later moved to Larchmont. Her accent is decidedly Brooklyn, which she acknowledges and is proud of as it is her trademark.

by Anonymousreply 13504/18/2012

I thought Mae West's accent was funny and cute.

by Anonymousreply 13604/18/2012

[quote]I don't understand what the problem is. And why would you care?

I care because it's unpleasant to listen to someone with a speech impediment!

And I'm pretty sure that virtually every single type of speech impediment could be rectified if the person sought professional help.

by Anonymousreply 13704/18/2012

Sometimes it seems that Len Goodman of Dancing With the Stars has a slight speech impediment, but I could just be imagining things.

by Anonymousreply 13804/18/2012

[quote]Sometimes it seems that Len Goodman of Dancing With the Stars has a slight speech impediment, but I could just be imagining things.

No, I've heard it, too. But I think he's either nearly overcome it, or else he's learned how to hide it; either way, it's so fleeting it seems imaginary.

by Anonymousreply 13904/23/2012

[quote]Jonathan Ross' trouble with saying 'r'. Cruel given his surname.

I used to work for a guy who couldn't pronounce "r".

His name? George Parker.

by Anonymousreply 14004/23/2012

Cher and Athena Lee (ex-wives of rock) both speak like they've had their jaws broken or is that some weird accent?

by Anonymousreply 14109/17/2012

[R142] But still hot as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 14309/17/2012

[R143] when I go home to Texas, Matthew does the voice overs for Reliant Energy company. The voice always catches my attention and I just melt.

by Anonymousreply 14409/17/2012

Didn't women used to be taught that it wasn't lady-like to pronounce a hard "R," which is why a lot of older women (like Baba Wawa) round it off?

by Anonymousreply 14509/17/2012

Janine Turner could not drop the drawl. On NE Maggie was supposed to be from Michigan, but Janine could not be convincing as a Midwesterner.

by Anonymousreply 14609/17/2012

I love Jean Arthur's coy-frog voice. Evidently so did Paula Poundstone.

I hate the way Anton Yelchin and Adam Brody talk. There's the hint of lisp plus the Owen Wilson soft-consonant bit.

I cannot listen to Jimmy Stewart and Audrey Hepburn. His legendary voice is a distraction, and she was an early waif with a mincing voice.

Humprey Bogart is the only person whose lisp is a turn on.

by Anonymousreply 14709/17/2012

[quote]Janine could not be convincing as a Midwesterner.

She can't be convincing as a human, either.

by Anonymousreply 14809/17/2012

[quote]Do film and TV actors even get vocal training anymore? I hear so much bad, mumbled, horrible-sounding speech onscreen these days I can't stand it.

It's the same here in England. I was watching a TV drama this evening and the lead (cast cos he's pretty & a model, but now wants to act and is quite god, I suppose) mumbled and muttered and slurred his words. I could only work out about 1/3 of what he said in the whole film.

I went to acting school in England in the early 80s and they were teaching you how to talk and project before you'd finished walking into the room and I have NO objection to that.

by Anonymousreply 14909/17/2012

In recent years there have been more and more actors from the UK who have skipped drama school and formal training, once de rigueur, and it shows.

by Anonymousreply 15009/18/2012

Jesse Ventura had the Liza sh thing today on The View....never noticed it before....painkillers?

by Anonymousreply 15109/18/2012

A couple of the afore-mentioned celebrities have cleft lips/palates:

-Tom Brokaw -Jesse Jackson

by Anonymousreply 15209/18/2012

Barbara Walters does not have a lisp, but she famously has trouble with her "r"s. It's not a speech impediment but an accent common to a small group of Jews who live in Boston--I know because I work with a man who is in Barbara's age group who grew up two blocks away from her in Buoston, and he speaks the exact same way. You should hear him give directions to his house--he lives on a street called "Rural Road"!

by Anonymousreply 15309/18/2012

Sarah Paulson's voice irritates me to no end. Not looking forward to her lisping through another season of American Horror Story. It takes me right out of the show--I can't focus on anything else.

by Anonymousreply 15409/18/2012

I wouldn't care about her lisp if she was a good actress.

by Anonymousreply 15509/18/2012

Ann and Nancy Wilson!! I KNOW they grew up in Seattle (they constantly remind us), and that they spent the best years of their career in Vancouver, B.C., but I can't stand the "reeeely coo-ul wey" they drag out those vowels.

Runners-up: Jane Fonda Candice Bergen

by Anonymousreply 15601/30/2013

Al Gore's southern accent along with his slow talk makes you just want to move him to a higher speed.

by Anonymousreply 15702/01/2013

Stephen Hawking sounds like a computer.

by Anonymousreply 15810/22/2013

What sort of accent had Madeline Kahn? I always found it very sexy...

by Anonymousreply 15904/20/2014

A sibilant S is sexy.

by Anonymousreply 16004/20/2014

Nancy Grace is the worst. I couldn't stand how she mispronounced little Caylee Anthony's name. She pronounced "Caylee" as "Kelly" really drawing out the "L". The same with the name "Haley" which she pronounced "Helly" She should not be on television (for so many reasons)

by Anonymousreply 16104/20/2014

How about that Nature-Made pharmacist commercial spokeswoman? What's wrong with her and why couldn't they find someone else to represent them?

by Anonymousreply 16204/20/2014

I was just about to mention Wentworth Miller's sibilant s.

by Anonymousreply 16304/20/2014

Adam scott 's drawl is the same as the bald dude from Hotel Impossible who also has a hair of Babwa Wawltas/Elmer Fudd going on. I want to know what this specific impediment/accent is called.

by Anonymousreply 16605/15/2014

Has Anyone noticed Britney's way of projecting the tongue against the upper lip to pronounce the /l/ sound.

I always wondered if it was a marketing gimmick (probably the whorish part of overtly sexualized school girl) or if she really does it that way in real life which sounds totally retarded.

See how she is pronuncing "My /l/oneliness is ki/l/ing me no more". She also does it with the /ð/ sound as in "than" below.

by Anonymousreply 16705/15/2014

Also, as much as I love her, Adele always puts the emPHAsis on the wrong sylLABle and doesn't enunciate clearly. Someone Like You would be even more fantastic if she didn't mush all the words together.

Neva min I'll fin Some un Li Keyew....

by Anonymousreply 16805/15/2014

Cher studied voice under Dean Martin.

by Anonymousreply 16905/15/2014

June Allyson always sounds like an impediment needing to be worked on by a professional voice coach.

She made a whole career with that strange intonation.

by Anonymousreply 17005/15/2014

This thread belongs to Tony Curtis, who could/would never lose his Noo Yawk accent. As evidenced by his infamous delivery of "Yondah lies da castle of my fodduh," in the film, "The Black Shield of Falworth."

by Anonymousreply 17105/15/2014

fat mike

by Anonymousreply 17212/01/2014
Need more help? Click Here.