Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Amanda Seyfried

This actress is really impressing me right now. She seems to have about 3 or more movies out at one time, and they are all doing fairly well. I remember her best from Mean Girls (using her breasts to predict the weather), but I guess her biggest movie is Mamma Mia! I know she is/was also on Big Love on HBO.

I think it is interesting when an actress seems to come out of nowhere and suddenly be everywhere.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 4505/20/2015

To me, she will always be Lilly Kane.

I always bitched that my favorite characters wind up dying, figures that in this case, she'd frickin' be dead before the show even started.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 105/28/2010

[quote]I think it is interesting when an actress seems to come out of nowhere and suddenly be everywhere.

Only if their agents suffer from premature ejaculation. Then everyone gets sick to death of them and soon they fade into oblivion.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 205/28/2010

R2 is correct.

ScarJo anyone?

by Not a PR shrill!reply 305/28/2010

Every once in a while someone emerges from the pack and becomes a real actress and star. I think she is one and predict big things, and respect, for her.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 405/28/2010

Does a Nicholas Sparks movie augur well for anyone?

Well, I guess Costner survived it.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 505/28/2010

R3, I'm not a fan of Scarlett but appearing in Iron Man 2 is hardly "fad[ing] into oblivion."

Back to Amanda Seyfried, it's amazing the career trajectory she's currently on compared to Lindsay Lohan given they were both in Mean Girls. Like night and day. And then there's Rachel McAdams - who would have thought that Lindsay would be so outshined by her costars. Thank god for Lacey Chabert not doing much of anything these days.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 605/28/2010

I have seen her in a few films, including most recently, "Letters to Juliet" (oh be quiet--Vanessa Redgrave is also in it) and honestly, she's a very charming and winning presence on screen.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 705/28/2010

I thought she came across really well in Mamma Mia! And I've liked since Veronica Mars as well, Mermaid.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 805/28/2010

Anyone who can hold her own for 90 minutes opposite Vanessa Redgrave must be something special.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 905/28/2010

A Poor Man's Marley Shelton.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 1005/28/2010

R9, she certainly does hold her own. She is great with Vanessa.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 1105/28/2010

She's the only name above the title on Letters from Juliette.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 1205/29/2010

I am surprised she didn't get bigger.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 1307/02/2013

I agree OP, she has range. She was really sad and sweet in the movie "Chloe " with Julianne Moore and Liam Neeson.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 1407/02/2013

And she took over the Linda Lovelace role from Lohan. That movie could be a game changer for her.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 1507/02/2013

Amanda in Mean Girls

by Not a PR shrill!reply 1607/02/2013

She's with Jennifer Carpenter here. Would not have guessed they were pals.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 1707/27/2013

I fell in love with her in the movie, Chloe - her breasts are gorgeous sumptuous incredibly beautiful in that movie, as is she

by Not a PR shrill!reply 1807/27/2013

She's yet to really impress me in anything, and I think that's the general consensus about her. Even in DEAR JOHN, she was overshadowed by Channing Tatum. She really needs to make something where the first thing that comes to mind about that film is Amanda Seyfried. She needs to make an impact, and soon.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 1907/27/2013

R19, have you seen the movie called Chloe?

Amanda meets the criterion you outline in that movie.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 2007/27/2013

I did see it, r20. Julianne Moore is who I think of though, but maybe that's just me.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 2107/27/2013

R18 - Her boobs are now a shadow of their former glory.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 2207/27/2013

Amanda NEVER looks anything like the way she looked in the movie Chloe.

I cannot quite figure out why she looks so different on the streets of New York and everywhere else for that matter - from the way she looked in the movie.

She was absolutely stunning in Chloe. And is never stunning now.

I see lots of photos of her on radaronline.com and justjared.com etc And I've seen her on awards shows and on TV talk shows.

As for her breasts, I did read her somewhat recent quote from an interview where she said her breasts are quite a bit smaller now.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 2307/27/2013

R23 - She's slimmer now. She lost weight over the course of Big Love.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 2407/27/2013

I couldn't figure out if the OP was a satire.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 2507/27/2013

R24, you're not understanding.

She was absolutely stunning and gorgeous in Chloe, and she never looks stunning and gorgeous now.

She can still be a good looking woman when at her best these days, but nothing like the gorgeousness she was Chloe.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 2607/27/2013

She does not look slimmer these days than she was in Chloe.

She was very slim and slender in Chloe.

And she even looks larger now than she was in Chloe.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 2707/27/2013

Isn't Chloe the movie where she fingers Julianne Moore? I thought it was a cop out that she didn't go down on Julianne.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 2807/27/2013

Yes R28

by Not a PR shrill!reply 2907/27/2013

She is one of THE gayest young actresses out there. Amanda actually looks like she's about to explode sometimes!

by Not a PR shrill!reply 3007/28/2013

Scenes from Chloe

by Not a PR shrill!reply 3108/04/2013

She has an intensity that is rarely seen in young Hollywood actresses. Kind of reminds me of Michelle Pfeiffer at times. Those clips were haunting 31. Never heard of that movie.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 3208/04/2013

I keep hearing about how gay and closeted she is, but is she so good at being secretive that no one knows anything about her and other women?

by Not a PR shrill!reply 3308/04/2013

How amusing. The little people still live with the delusion that they decide who is going to be a star.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 3408/06/2013

I like this look.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 3508/09/2013

[quote]I cannot quite figure out why she looks so different on the streets of New York and everywhere else for that matter - from the way she looked in the movie.

Even when I know she's in a photo, I find myself looking at the captions to see which one she is.

She reminds me of a young Jodie Foster. Jodie had the same ability to go from drab to glam just by changing her posture or the expression on her face.

It's going to be interesting to see how she ages. She has such an unusual face, especially the eyes, and she's either going to lose her looks completely or turn into a very beautiful 40 year old.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 3608/09/2013

R36 - I think she will be a stunning 40 year old, if she takes care of herself.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 3708/09/2013

She looks stunning in these ballet pics

by Not a PR shrill!reply 3802/14/2015

Love that she admitted to being tipsy on Letterman

by Not a PR shrill!reply 3902/14/2015

she was in that onemovie with that one girl and it was good stuff her friend got bitten ndwas vampire like zombie who would eat guys necks.and they wentto follow a band and a swimming pool.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 4002/14/2015

R40 huh?

by Not a PR shrill!reply 4102/14/2015

I wonder how many other celebs are toasted on talk shows?

by Not a PR shrill!reply 4202/15/2015

At least she doesn't to take Hallmark Channel movie roles.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 4302/15/2015

She said she got counseling after the Letterman performance. I don't think she was all that drunk. Maybe it was mainly for dealing with the underlying anxiety disorder.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 4405/18/2015

she is still hot. I like her.

by Not a PR shrill!reply 4505/20/2015
Need more help? Click Here.