really talented young man

by Anonymousreply 6612/09/2012

MARY! I mean...MARIUS!!!

by Anonymousreply 105/28/2010

Did he get his nose done?

by Anonymousreply 205/28/2010

The end of Les Miserables.

by Anonymousreply 305/28/2010

Doesn't that involve singing? Like his brothers he's a lousy singer but barely anybody notices it because of all the girls screaming and panting like they climax.

by Anonymousreply 405/28/2010

He is the cutest of the Jonas brothers

by Anonymousreply 505/28/2010

Will he "sing" live or will his voice be studio generated?

by Anonymousreply 605/28/2010

"He is the cutest of the Jonas brothers"

Sort of like saying, "He's the tallest of the midgets!"

by Anonymousreply 705/28/2010

He'll make a lovely Cosette.

by Anonymousreply 805/28/2010

The kid's been on Broadway before. He may suck as a pop singer but he does well in stage shows.

by Anonymousreply 905/28/2010

That's him over, Every US actor or signer that has moved into UK theatre means that they career is on the slide downwards. He'll disappear in UK theatre an probably won't be heard of again or a long time.

by Anonymousreply 1005/28/2010

I agree R10. It seems like a strange choice. However, he may have seen the writing on the wall and sensed that his 15 minutes was almost up. If he does well and gains experience, he may have a long career on stage.

by Anonymousreply 1105/29/2010

Everything is so overproduced and they sing together so it is very hard to tell if he has tallent.

I like to think that West End has standards and if he wasn't that good they wouldn't give him the part. I doubet they really need to attract a teenybopper crowd to Les Mis that badly.

by Anonymousreply 1205/29/2010

R9, R10, R11, and R12 are completely out of it and totally unknowledgeable.

Nick Jonas has his own separate band called Nick Jonas and the Administration. Nick has a new album with the Administration, and Nick, the Administration, and the music all sound great.

Nick has been on Broadway since age 10. He played another part in Les Miserable on Broadway, and has done quite a few other musical stage roles

Nick is the most talented musician and singer of the Jonas Brothers. Nick had a solo music career before the Jonas Brothers as a group were even created.

by Anonymousreply 1305/29/2010

I've heard recordings from when he was on Broadway and he did very well. Hearing him sing with his brothers is an assault on the ears. The Jonas Brothers (including Nick) have awful pitch problems when they sing together. On Broadway, Nick sang on pitch. I haven't heard him singing with his own band.

by Anonymousreply 1405/29/2010

How is R12 knowledgeable? All he said was its hard to tell if Nick can sing but hopes if a West End show picked him he could. Sorry we're not all as familiar with Broadway as you are R13

by Anonymousreply 1505/29/2010

While he's technically about the right age to play a student revolutionary, he'll be hard to cast around, no?

He's only 17. Cosette and Eponine need to be cast equally young, or it's going to look like he's playing love scenes opposite his mom and a crazy bag lady.

by Anonymousreply 1605/29/2010

I think he's the only one with any real talent.

He seems the cutest, and for some reason, the oldest; it's hard to believe he's just 17.

I'm sure the diabetes forces him to grow up.

by Anonymousreply 1705/29/2010

R3 and R4 do not know what they are talking about either. Completely unknowledgeable about Nick Jonas.

by Anonymousreply 1805/29/2010

Since when is Les Jiz considered the watermark of musical theater anyway?

by Anonymousreply 1905/29/2010

That popping sound you hear is heads exploding over at ATC. Even though the guy has been in theater since he was little and on Broadway, he can't possibly be good enough. Some rather unfortunate human beings over there, I tell ya.

by Anonymousreply 2005/29/2010

I think he's hot but I can't stand listening to him sing. He always sounds like he's got a throat full of mucus or too much spit in his mouth. While that would probably make for a fantastic blowjob, it's not pleasing to the ears.

by Anonymousreply 2105/29/2010

Is this the original LOndon production of Les Miz that's been running for decades?

Strange that he would want to be a replacement in such a long-running dead show even if his presence will boost business.

And Marius is about the 6th or 7th lead.

by Anonymousreply 2205/29/2010

[quote]I think he's hot but I can't stand listening to him sing.

You haven't heard him sing in a stage show. A stage voice and a pop voice are not the same.

by Anonymousreply 2305/30/2010

All this fuss about Nick Jonas, who has actual stage experience performing in Les Miz, but no one has mentioned that the production also wanted to get Susan Boyle to star as well?

by Anonymousreply 2405/30/2010

Nick's cast bio has been posted to the site. I can't attach the link. His mommy is so happy.

by Anonymousreply 2506/06/2010

In addition to Susan Boyle, the producers wanted Tom Cruise to play Gavroche.

by Anonymousreply 2606/06/2010

Susan Boyle? Would the producers explain that in this production, Fantine was suffering from progeria?

by Anonymousreply 2706/06/2010

Die in a grease fire, R10.

by Anonymousreply 2806/06/2010

I can't stand him singing in the trio with his brothers, but I've heard him on stage and would pay to see him in this role.

by Anonymousreply 2906/06/2010

Thinking on this further, I wonder if one of the parents will go with him to be standing in the wings every night. Would they let him go overseas on his own?

by Anonymousreply 3006/06/2010

How many little American princesses are begging their parents right now to go to London to see it?

by Anonymousreply 3106/06/2010

Nick will not only appear in the West End, but also in Les Mis "The Concert" at the London O2 Arena.

Clearly the producers are capitalizing on pester power.

by Anonymousreply 3206/06/2010

They are all man bimbos.

If they were female, they would have bleach blond hair and DD breast implants.

Please, somebody save the American Music industry from this Bimbo Invasion!

by Anonymousreply 3306/06/2010

R30, Nick lived with his grandfather, blues musician, "Bayou Butch" (yes, the grandfather is Black), when he recorded his solo album. Maybe he can go with him to London.

by Anonymousreply 3406/06/2010

The Jonas brothers have a very affected style of singing for their music. Nick less so; Joe is the worst at this. Nick is the only one with real talent in the entire family. In fact, Disney was originally just going to sign him, but the Jonas parents peddled their older boys onto the label until Disney decided a band made up of 3 young brothers would be "cute."

Nick can sing, play the piano and wrote most of their songs, which are pretty catchy little pop numbers for the most part. What he CANNOT do, AT ALL, in the slighest is act. He is expression-free and monotone in "Camp Rock" and their TV show. I think his voice will probably sound fine in the singing, but his acting is going to suck dick figuratively. As opposed to his 2 older brothers, who almost certainly suck dick literally.

by Anonymousreply 3506/06/2010

Nick Jonas gets standing ovation in Les Miserables

by Anonymousreply 3606/22/2010

Warning: Perez Hilton link

But, he's fucking adorable in the Marius costume.

by Anonymousreply 3706/22/2010

There's a clip of his singing on youtube, and they showed it on E! as well, and he's really very good.

by Anonymousreply 3806/22/2010

Wow, he is quite good!

I listened to "Empty Chairs", the trio with Cosette and Eponine and "Drink with Me". Frankly, I'm impressed.

by Anonymousreply 3906/23/2010

He'll also be at the 25th Anniversary Concert of Les Miz in October.

by Anonymousreply 4006/23/2010

He has talent.

by Anonymousreply 4106/23/2010

He is using his natural voice, which is much deeper than the voice he uses when he sings in the band. His natural speaking voice is much deeper than his older brothers' too. His father told him to keep affecting the nasal whine so the tweenies and their parents wouldn't be scared off which is why he sounds so strained during interviews and in concert. They won't let him grow up. He'll be stuck like this for the next 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 4206/27/2010

Does he ever walk through the London parks after a late night performance?

by Anonymousreply 4306/27/2010

Does anyone have a video clip of Nick as Marius? I can't find one on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 4406/27/2010

It's only 80 days until Nick is legal! That's the big news.

by Anonymousreply 4506/27/2010

Here you go, r44. You'll find others there. Video isn't great, but the audio's not bad.

by Anonymousreply 4606/27/2010

Someone needs to teach him how to remove his makeup. For the last week he's been spotted walking around London after the show with thick eyeliner.

by Anonymousreply 4707/03/2010

He sounds like a kid in a high school musical. But, as with Bush, when expectations are so low, anything less than disaster is looked at as triumphant.

by Anonymousreply 4807/03/2010

R17 I agree about him being the most talented, musically. He needs to break away from his brothers and further his career alone.

by Anonymousreply 4907/03/2010

R48 got it right.

by Anonymousreply 5007/04/2010

R48, he sounded fine when he was singing solo. But, when he sang with others, even with the poor audio, you can tell he sounded amateurish.

by Anonymousreply 5107/04/2010

Um, he's only 17.

by Anonymousreply 5207/04/2010

His age might be a factor. But, he does not have a good enough theatrical singing voice. There are so many more deserving and talented singers (some who are even younger) who can do a better job as Marius.

I also can't believe that he'll be Marius at Les Mis' 25th anniversary concert. I'm sure all the tweens would love it!

by Anonymousreply 5307/04/2010

[quote]I also can't believe that he'll be Marius at Les Mis' 25th anniversary concert. I'm sure all the tweens would love it!%0D %0D If Nick Jonas gets tweens interested in musical theatre, then he's doing a fantastic job.

by Anonymousreply 5407/04/2010

For me, there is only one Marius - Michael Ball.

by Anonymousreply 5507/04/2010

R54, if that's your reasoning, then let's cast Miley Cyrus as Eponine and Lady Gaga as Fantine.

Justin Bieber can understudy for Gavroche and Eponine.

by Anonymousreply 5607/04/2010

[quote]let's cast Miley Cyrus as Eponine and Lady Gaga as Fantine. Justin Bieber can understudy for Gavroche and Eponine.%0D %0D If it's your plan to cast people who can't carry a tune in a bucket, then carry on, r56. No doubt that's your speed. But Nick Jonas doesn't belong on your list.

by Anonymousreply 5707/04/2010

R57, I'm sure the tweens will disagree with you. That's why they think Nick Jonas is good enough to play Marius.

Listen to the "One More Day" chorus and his voice pales in comparison to the true professionals. Embarrassing!

by Anonymousreply 5807/04/2010

Two more weeks!

by Anonymousreply 5907/10/2010

He's become quite attached to a castmate named Killiam. At the end of the final show, Nick was sobbing so bad that Killian gave him a bear hug and spun him around until he calmed down. There's also a video of the entire cast out bowling and getting wasted. I bet Disney or Reverend Jonas makes youtube take it down.

by Anonymousreply 6007/25/2010

That still gives me goose bumps every time I hear it R55. I also saw John Barrowman do Marius, slightly different performance but equally powerful. Sad how we've gone from trained West End/Broadway voices to some singer in a boysband.%0D %0D I understand they are both too old to sing Marius now but there are some very good younger musical performers, Daniel Boys comes to mind but there are others, who could play Marius. That Jonas kid will guarantee the teenie bums on seats I guess.%0D %0D I wonder what happened to the gossip at the beginning of the year when they had Barrowman and Katherine Tate rumoured to be the Thenardiers? It seems they've gone for Matt Lucas and the original Madame. At least there's still Lea Salonga.

by Anonymousreply 6107/25/2010

[quote]He's become quite attached to a castmate named Killiam.%0D %0D And Killiam is male or female?

by Anonymousreply 6207/26/2010

This Killian? He looks like an Irish Neil Patrick Harris.

by Anonymousreply 6307/26/2010

Haters... I am no Jonas bro's fan, but his found sounded fine. I have never been a fan of pop singers dumbing down musicals, but the kid was on Broadway before. He certain looks the part and his voice sounded great.

by Anonymousreply 6407/26/2010

He was on Broadway long before he became a pop singer.

by Anonymousreply 6507/26/2010

Sorry, he SUCKED ASS as Marius.

by Anonymousreply 6612/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.