Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

James Franco comes out!

as a hetero boo....he introduced his girlfriend today on Oprah.

Ok who is she. what do we know? Does she mind that he enjoys filming young guys with their penises flopping around?

by Anonymousreply 10311/19/2014

Disappointing to hear.

by Anonymousreply 105/25/2010

What is he doing on Oprah?

by Anonymousreply 205/25/2010

Sure he's IN as opposed to OUT. He's got a new movie to promote and his career is in full swing he is a young man with alot ahead of him. Is he a hypocrite? SURE he is.

He will come out when he is too old to get roles any more and he has nothing to loose unfortunately no one will care.

by Anonymousreply 405/25/2010

Um, this man has been an avowed heterosexual with a wife and brat for many years. Where did all this "closeted gay" stuff come from? So what if he has a girlfriend? There are out and proud celebrities we can lend our support to instead, you know.

by Anonymousreply 505/25/2010

James Franco has a wife and kid?

by Anonymousreply 605/25/2010

No wife and kid on which never misses the chance to promote such signs of heterosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 705/25/2010

. . . of his home?

by Anonymousreply 805/25/2010

Oh yes- suddenly "girlfriend" materializes. you knew that was coming given the speculation about him. Even HuffPo was starting to wonder.

by Anonymousreply 905/25/2010

If James says he is straight I believe him, disappointing as it is. But given some of his role choices, his student film and so forth I think he has an artistic/academic interest in the gay experience.

Believe it or not there are extremely gay-friendly straight men out there, it's just most DLers don't grasp this because of their limited life experience. It's sad to see that when a straight man is an ally, all a bunch of narrow-minded gays can do is say "Oh he must be a closet case."

by Anonymousreply 1005/25/2010

When he introduced his girlfriend, OP, did he come right out and say he's straight or are you just assuming that someone with a girlfriend has to be straight?

I say that he's the epitome of bi.

by Anonymousreply 1105/25/2010

Quit your moralizing pomposity R10. Assuming a gay actor has hooked up with some ambitious actress/tv presenter/make-up artist/ secretary to beard for career purposes is certainly not unprecedented.

by Anonymousreply 1205/25/2010

r10- bite us. Collectively. You CLEARLY don't understand the closet, so you must be a breeder. Get lost, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1305/25/2010

R10 IA.

by Anonymousreply 1405/25/2010

This must be the first time Franco has come out as "straight" on TV. In all his SNL appearances, his role as James Dean and especially his 30 Rock episode, he seems to be screaming that he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 1505/25/2010

[quote]This must be the first time Franco has come out as "straight" on TV.

Did you see it? Did he claim he was straight? If not, why would you not consider that he could be bi?

by Anonymousreply 1605/25/2010

What a relief, he is one of my favorite straight guys.

by Anonymousreply 1705/25/2010

It's really disappointing if he is bearding.

by Anonymousreply 1805/25/2010

It doesn't bother me, personally I don't care for him.

by Anonymousreply 1905/25/2010

If someone as sexually open as Franco is has to beard, it shows you how long it is going to be before other actors come out.

by Anonymousreply 2005/25/2010

Is there a link to this supposed admission?

Franco is gay. He has attended gay AA meetings in New York. It's an open secret, but only amongst fellow celebrity gays.

by Anonymousreply 2105/25/2010

There is NO admission of anything. OP made it up.

by Anonymousreply 2205/25/2010

James calls me so infrequently, I no longer care if he's straight or gay. Because of him I had a boob reduction. James likes them proportional. I should have spent that money on penis enlargement pills to please myself.

And, to think I could have picked him up in Palo Alto when he was in school. It makes me question whether I'm completely together or not.

by Anonymousreply 2305/25/2010

He's quietly dated a couple of men I know of here in West Hollywood.

Gay, y'all.

by Anonymousreply 2405/25/2010

Details please, R24. Did the men you know have sex with him? What is his cock like? What is his personality like?

by Anonymousreply 2505/25/2010

[quote]Um, this man has been an avowed heterosexual with a wife and brat for many years.

You are thinking of James Marsden.

by Anonymousreply 2605/25/2010

My mistake--I could have sworn I heard that he had a wife and brat.

by Anonymousreply 2705/25/2010

He said the girlfriend is from Palo Alto too. (Maybe a childhood friend?) and to be he never said he was straight...he just said he has a girlfriend who he loves.

by Anonymousreply 2805/25/2010

by Anonymousreply 2905/25/2010

There was a rumor a few years ago that he and Marla Sokoloff broke up because he was bi.

by Anonymousreply 3005/26/2010

Now we know that his coming out as "straight" is a product of OP's effeminate imagination. I've got "girlfriends" going back to childhood and that doesn't make me straight.

by Anonymousreply 3105/26/2010

James has been outed many times as bi.

by Anonymousreply 3205/26/2010

R31, if an actor appears with a girlfriend, or introduces a girlfriend, it means that actor is saying he is straight

by Anonymousreply 3305/26/2010

I didn't see "Oprah," but James has been dating a chick named Ahna O'Reilly for four years, and before that he dated Maria Solokoff for four years. I know DLers simply assume that celebs who don't parade their girlfriends around to red-carpet events must be gay (Keanu Reeves, who's actually a serial monogamist who's long-term dated at least eight girls during his Hollywood career, tops that list), but you need to accept the fact that not every celebrity likes to make his relationships public fodder. It's not that hard to live life largely under the radar if you avoid places like The Ivy and Kitson stalked by paparazzi.

I have no idea if James and Ahna have an "open relationship" where he can fuck around with guys, but the fact of the matter is she exists and they've been together a long time.

by Anonymousreply 3405/27/2010

I could imagine him sucking off another guy - and doing it very well.

by Anonymousreply 3505/27/2010

When I was a teenager I raped Minnie Pearl's dead body.

by Anonymousreply 3605/27/2010

He's at LA gay pride now.

by Anonymousreply 3706/12/2010

He has a 'men in wet swimsuit' fetish...hard as a rock.

by Anonymousreply 3806/12/2010

Isn't he supposed to be Ted's Crotch Uh-Lastic blind vice?

by Anonymousreply 3906/13/2010

Link please, R37

by Anonymousreply 4006/13/2010

r40, there is no link I know of, although when I saw him he was being interviewed. I did snap a cellphone pic, but won't post it online.

by Anonymousreply 4106/13/2010

Why, R41? If it's at a public event, it is not private.

by Anonymousreply 4206/13/2010

According to a poster at Towleroad. Franco is out in his personal life and has a bf. I think this guy is gay or possibly bi and is inching towards coming out soon. Remember the incident recently were someone asked him publicly about his sexuality and his publicist jumped in?

by Anonymousreply 4306/14/2010

He's gay! I met him around 2003 when he was dating a former friend of mine. They broke up once my friend got tired of sneaking around and Franco's paranoia.

According to my friend, he was basically on-call, meaning they only met, talked, and hung out when it was convenient for Franco.

The one time I met him, my friend had already told me all about him and Franco knew I knew, yet when I met him, he wouldn't even touch my friends and kept referring to them working out.

He's supposed to be a really nice and sweet guy. Unfortunately, the closet makes him extremely paranoid.

by Anonymousreply 4406/14/2010

Why does he beard with girlfriends if he is so open about his sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 4506/14/2010

It's interesting that David Ehrenstein says on that page that James Franco is not gay.

Here's what the other poster said in response:

"Actually David, he is. He's pretty open about it amongst friends and people he works with. When he was in Toronto shooting, he hit on pretty much every hot guy under 30 within a ten mile radius, including a close friend of mine who worked at the hotel Franco was staying at. He even had his b/f with him for half the shoot, and they were quite affectionate at the wrap party."

by Anonymousreply 4606/14/2010

My friend in the NYC art scene insists this as well, R46. He knows the boyfriend, says he's an art curator or museum consultant or something.

by Anonymousreply 4706/14/2010

Well, Franco seems very interested in art and artists, so that would be an appropriate boyfriend for him I guess.

In his LA Pride interview he talks about playing an artist on General Hospital:

by Anonymousreply 4806/14/2010

I know this is a shocking concept on DL--but maybe Franco is--gasp--bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 4906/14/2010

Are you saying that would explain the girlfriends, R49?

by Anonymousreply 5006/14/2010

Watch this video - "Proud Mary" Kalup Linzy w/ James Franco:

by Anonymousreply 5106/14/2010

He is bisexaul.

by Anonymousreply 5206/14/2010

Details please, R52

by Anonymousreply 5306/15/2010

R18, what do you expect him to do???? Are you a producer? Would you give him a part if he comes out and Hollywood drops him? No? Well, then Jimmy hang in there, the closet is not that bad come to think of it.

by Anonymousreply 5406/15/2010

R46, David surprised me, too.

He said something a long time ago about how Franco just wanted to be a gay icon but was far from gay, and all I keep here from my friends in L.A. and NYC is about the guys he's plugging.

Are the girlfriends aware? Of course.

It's funny that someone asked him at a panel about his sexuality and his publicist told him not to say anything, then a few weeks laters the girlfriend in on Oprah, supposedly.

Got a little too hot, Franco?

I heard he's really weird, too.

Hot, though.

by Anonymousreply 5506/15/2010

Is he returning to General Hospital?

by Anonymousreply 5606/15/2010

David Ehrenstein doesn't know half of what he professes to. He still adamantly claims Keanu is straight, though some of here know otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 5706/15/2010

R57, he thinks Keanu is straight? After all that Gus Van Sant/River Phoenix shit?

Wow, I think a little less of him, now.

by Anonymousreply 5806/15/2010

Captain Kirk and Spock Make Out in James Franco’s Upcoming Art Exhibition 6/17/10 at 09:45 AM 9Comments

On June 23, everyone’s favorite soap-opera actor, James Franco, will open his first solo art show, “The Dangerous Book Four Boys,” in lower Manhattan. What can you expect to find in the multimedia exhibition? Its major theme is teenage “sexual confusion.” Franco explains, "I feel like shows or films that deal with kids, they're playing to all of these sexual feelings that you have at that age, but they don't fully admit to it. So I kind of try to draw that out.” More specifically, among other installations, there will be home-movie footage, short films that “focus on demolition, showing burning or bullet-riddled structures like a plastic toy home or a large wooden rocker,” and, likely best of all, a piece that “explores a romantic encounter between Star Trek characters Spock and James T. Kirk."

by Anonymousreply 5906/17/2010

R59, Sexual Confusion is the theme, huh? Gotcha.

by Anonymousreply 6006/17/2010

When will people realize that there is no such thing as male bisexuality? Maybe female...but only because girls equivocate so much.

by Anonymousreply 6106/17/2010

Whatever he is, it sounds like he has major issues.

by Anonymousreply 6206/17/2010

from an interview with Ireland's Independent, dated June 18, 2010:

There used to be a taboo about actors playing gay characters on screen, but it's not something that concerns Franco. He says, about the number of gay characters he's portrayed or put on screen, that, "the worst downside, and I don't consider this a downside, the worst thing that anybody could say is that I was gay and if somebody said that I guess they would be wrong, but I also wouldn't care and as far as being typecast, that's not the case, nonetheless I would be happy to play 100 gay roles as long as they were always good parts." He has been dating actress Anha O'Reilly for several years. is he saying he's bisexual? "I guess they would be wrong"? I believe the gossip, so what do those in the know have to say about this?

by Anonymousreply 6306/18/2010

"When will people realize that there is no such thing as male bisexuality?"

by Anonymousreply 6406/18/2010

Yeah R62.

Everything he does isn't only gay, but about sexual confusion or coming out.

Even in his art--he's not curious about this stuff, it's something clearly on his mind.

by Anonymousreply 6507/06/2010

James Franco Explains Oscars, Talks Gay Rapist Rumors, Slams Critics In 'Playboy'

by Anonymousreply 6607/10/2011

I think you need to check that link, r66.

by Anonymousreply 6707/10/2011

Ooops! Thanks r67!

Here's the link about the gay rapist rumor:

One blog thread that he can't abide, though, is the one falsely connecting him with the infamous Gay Rapist blind item that appeared in the New York Post in 2008.

While Franco quickly debunked speculation that he was the anonymous perpetrator -- the alleged victim himself insisted that he didn't know him it didn't stop blogs from running the story -- and worse.

"Then Gawker picked that up and did this 'Gay Rapist' story that was so f*cking offensive because I have friends who have been raped," he remembers. "They did a very classy online reader's poll asking which actor who had a big movie out that summer had beaten up and raped his boyfriend and then paid him off so it wouldn't go to court... My lawyer called them and said that it was completely untrue and to take it down. They said, 'Well, we're just reporting what the New York Post told us. If James wants to make a comment on our blog, we're happy to report it.' It was a choice. Either let this thing build and become bigger and bigger, or just let it go and let them be the petty scumbags that they are."

by Anonymousreply 6807/10/2011

If We Were Back in WWII, Straight Actor James Franco Would Have Had Sex with You Maybe

"Between World War I and World War II, straight guys could have sex with other guys and still be perceived as straight as long as they acted masculine. Whether you were considered a %E2%80%9Cfairy%E2%80%9D or a %E2%80%9Cqueer%E2%80%9D back then wasn%E2%80%99t based on sexual acts so much as outward behavior. Into the 1950s, 1960s and so on, the straight and gay thing came up based on your sexual partner. Because of those labels, you do it once and you%E2%80%99re gay, so you get fewer guys who are kind of in the middle zone. It sounds as though I%E2%80%99m advocating for an ambiguous zone or something, but I%E2%80%99m just interested in the way perception changes behavior." %E2%80%93James Franco is forced yet again to explain his fascination with gay and queer characters. This time, by Playboy.

by Anonymousreply 6907/11/2011

On Towelroad about James: "Hard for me to feel bad for this guy when he continues to deny being gay, while hitting on every young dude within a 100 miles of wherever he is at the moment. Either tell the truth, or be discrete."

by Anonymousreply 7007/19/2011

Any examples, R70?

by Anonymousreply 7107/19/2011

That explanation by R69 is how Franco has sex with guys and acts like what most people would call gay and yet still says on the record that he is "straight".

by Anonymousreply 7207/19/2011

I'd be interested in hearing from some of the guy Franco hits on.

by Anonymousreply 7307/19/2011

I'll say this one more time, Ehrenstein will help any actor beard, if the actor keeps the right company. I can't stand that lying son of a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7402/01/2012

He's so 2009.

by Anonymousreply 7502/01/2012

James touched my no no place backstage at the Grammys.

by Anonymousreply 7602/01/2012

James is pretending to be straight again:

by Anonymousreply 7701/06/2013

[quote]When he was in Toronto shooting, he hit on pretty much every hot guy under 30 within a ten mile radius, including a close friend of mine who worked at the hotel Franco was staying at. He even had his b/f with him for half the shoot, and they were quite affectionate at the wrap party."

Interestin, if true.

by Anonymousreply 7806/12/2013

His latest art installation sees him dress up as Janet Leigh in Psycho.

by Anonymousreply 7906/12/2013

Ezra Miller does the artsy weird guy image while being a better actor and openly queer. Can't we move on to him?

by Anonymousreply 8006/12/2013

James is not pretending to be straight. I've slept with James and I can tell you he will reciprocate and do his share of sucking and fucking with a guy, but he hates it. He hates making anyone feel uncomfortable, so he does what is expected of him. He almost choked swallowing when I was with him. You should see the faces he makes while rimming a guy. You can tell he doesn't enjoy it at all. Same with fisting. James comes immediately upon entering his ass to end the scene and quickly as possible. He does take a long time to be entered, but once it's in, it's over.

James is completely straight.

by Anonymousreply 8106/12/2013

Seriously, I guess it is is true. After reading this recent article, I convinced James is straight after all.He said he is really straight, and he was just playing along like he was homo. So it was all a set up. I think he has exploited homos for his own gain ,and I think that is really bottom of the barrel. What is this loser's problem? He should get lost. Over all, I'm so tired of this loser. I really don't understand how anyone likes this clown.

by Anonymousreply 8209/11/2013

What about the rumors about Ricardo Tisci and Franco having an affair?

by Anonymousreply 8309/11/2013

R81 is full of shit.

Have you stop to think that maybe "you" were the problem? He gave you a pity-fuck!

by Anonymousreply 8409/11/2013

[quote]James is completely straight

James "trying hard to be interesting" Franco is all yours.

by Anonymousreply 8509/11/2013

R85, I don't want him!! LOL!

by Anonymousreply 8609/12/2013

I know nobody will believe me but I met him VERY BRIEFLY a few months ago. There were lots of other people around, so I didn't get to flirt with him really (I'm a guy BTW), but before I walked away I told him it was nice meeting him and he had a big shit-eating grin on his face without saying anything. I didn't know what to make of that. I can't figure out whether he's gay or not.

by Anonymousreply 8705/18/2014

He is straight as an arrow, but clever, bright though a bit enamored with his intelligence. Thus the more than occasional odd pic or post, which he then tries to finesse as a 'ironic', post-modern moment. He loves attention and recognition, especially as an 'intellect'. In the film 'This is the End', however, he quite wonderfully and smartly does in fact tease out his bromance attraction to Seth Rogan. As an action, he's the best of the Apatow crowd.

by Anonymousreply 8805/18/2014

Is he trying to hint at something with this?

by Anonymousreply 8905/18/2014

From an "insider" at ONTD.

Yes. He's Bi. Flagrantly Bi.

He doesn't beard per se, he's usually quite into the girls he's seen with. That can all change, but for now, I haven't been convinced that he was bearding...however, when the gay rumors about him were fever pitch, he or at least his manager/agent went out of their way to make put Ahna on stage even though she really wasn't before. She was always the girl behind the scenes.

I think they had an open relationship because my colleague went to school with him and she made it clear that a lot of the student body was aware that Franco was fucking other girls & guys.

I've worked in the industry for years and I've even seen Franco at pride with his drag queen friend, with a big grin on his face walking around with a camera filming all the hot boys.

To be fair, while he hasn't come out--he's made it abundantly clear the he loves the gay world and has participated in it fully. From hanging out with male hustlers, to his novels, movies, art, etc.

This isn't some enlightened straight boy bullshit.

The dude likes the men.

by Anonymousreply 9011/16/2014

James has been in a serious relationships with a guys before and he did hide it. And as far as I can tell, still does.

He was had shorter relationships with guys as well, especially during his college years, and he hid those too.

Don't confuse what you think they would do and how they actually do things.

This is Hollywood.

I'm just glad he doesn't go out of his way to beard.

He won't go THAT far, but as others come out, he'll remain mum for the foreseeable future.

by Anonymousreply 9111/16/2014

I find him tiresome and really hope he's straight.

by Anonymousreply 9211/17/2014

James Franco doesn't like labels. James Franco just is..

by Anonymousreply 9311/17/2014

Does anyone even care anymore? He's in his late 30's and looks like shit these days.

by Anonymousreply 9411/17/2014

I'm in my late fifties and also look like shit ... I'd still like to get my shit all up in Franco's shit(hole)!!!

by Anonymousreply 9511/17/2014

He just doesn't have the kind of magnetism, to sustain an enigma or aura based on his sexuality.

For those who don't care to get with his hole, non-sexual extensions of Franco himself may keep him riveting far longer.

by Anonymousreply 9611/17/2014

R89, it looks like he's urging Andrew Garfield to come out!

by Anonymousreply 9711/17/2014

I've never rooted for a celebrity to be straight more than I do him. We done need his type flying the flag.

by Anonymousreply 9811/17/2014

He kinda outed Efron!

by Anonymousreply 9911/17/2014

I'm the biggest Franco lover there is, but I have to admit he looks like complete shit lately. He needs to grow his hair back, hit the gym, and get off whatever drugs he's on that are turning his skin gray.

by Anonymousreply 10011/17/2014

If only he could come out as an untalented, piece of shit human being.

by Anonymousreply 10111/17/2014

R101 Doesn't he come out as that every time he releases another "art" project or vanity film?

by Anonymousreply 10211/17/2014

Is he still getting his English PhD by osmosis?

by Anonymousreply 10311/19/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!