Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Faye Dunaway

Ok, I know there have been mentions of her crazy ass attitude before, but she really is off the hook! I work out in the same gym as the mess and her attitude is really sick, I would love to bring her down a peg or two. Any suggestions?

by Anonymousreply 21301/22/2014

It's aerobic. It's anaerobic. It's aerobic. It's anaerobic. It's aerobic AND anaerobic. UNDERSTAND?

by Anonymousreply 105/23/2010

beat her to death with a wire hanger

by Anonymousreply 205/23/2010

Come dressed as Supergirl and run in circles around her exercise bike really fast.

by Anonymousreply 305/23/2010

How does she look these days OP?

by Anonymousreply 405/23/2010

Every time you pass her sing "The Needle and the Damage Done" in a just barely audible voice.

by Anonymousreply 505/23/2010

by Anonymousreply 605/23/2010

Walk by her and, while pretending to talk into your cell, cry, "Barbara! Barbara, please!"

by Anonymousreply 705/23/2010

Get her in a cab and drive the wrong way up (or down) a New York City Street.

by Anonymousreply 805/23/2010

Miss Dunaway has only one thing to say to you, op...

by Anonymousreply 905/23/2010

Go up and talk to her about it, op.

Let me give you a preview.

by Anonymousreply 1005/23/2010

Tell her that her jazzercise routine reminds you of Bonnie Parker's slow-mo gunshot demise.

by Anonymousreply 1105/23/2010

She LOVES to talk about Mommie Dearest, OP. Refer to her as Miss Crawford and quote the movie.

by Anonymousreply 1205/23/2010

Pluck a stray hair from her scalp.

by Anonymousreply 1305/23/2010

Set up a card table in front of her treadmill, sit behind it, and say:

"Your jogging routine has no BONES." *snap* *snap* *snap*

"You better get SERIOUS, girl... and DO IT!"

by Anonymousreply 1405/23/2010

Hang wire hangers on her locker, of course.

by Anonymousreply 1505/23/2010

by Anonymousreply 1605/23/2010

Ask her if Mr. Mayer and the fans realize the price she pays through all her exercise.

Oh, and find out how Carolann is doing!

by Anonymousreply 1705/23/2010

Honestly, if you wanted to get some real info from her start her on Network and go from there. I'm sure she wants to talk about herself. Then at some point call her "Joan" and watch what happens.

by Anonymousreply 1805/23/2010

Ask her if it was "Mommie Dearest" that killed her career, or the fact that she portrayed one of Hollywood's most beloved stars as an evil, drunken, child-abusing shrew.

I'll bet you it was the second one.

by Anonymousreply 1905/24/2010

OP how does she act at the gym?

by Anonymousreply 2005/24/2010

Come on OP answer the question. How does she act at the gym? We can probably come up with some great ideas for you if we knew how she was acting towards you and others.

by Anonymousreply 2105/24/2010

Ask her is she misses the fried alligator and poke sallet from when she was a little girl during the Depression.

by Anonymousreply 2205/24/2010

She's a small town hick from the Florida panhandle. What else does she have going for herself other than being a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 2305/24/2010

Is that Miss Sally Field at R23?

by Anonymousreply 2405/24/2010

Fadaway goes to a public gym at about age 70?

Doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 2505/24/2010

She does go to a public gym and she sweats like you would not believe! She also does not wear make-up etc and has very little in the way of hair that actually belongs to her.

She hogs the the bike for hours at a time doing a mild peddle, esp when she knows there is a 20 min max in peak time.

I have to say she really scares the shit out of me!

by Anonymousreply 2605/24/2010

charlie, Dunaway is notoriously low on cash--she squandered what little she had on the film rights for "Master Class." It makes perfect sense she goes to a public gym.

by Anonymousreply 2705/24/2010

Not sure why she has such a high opinion of herself, OP.

She's not a very good actress, and is a nobody nowadays anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2805/24/2010

She may be a horrible person--I don't know.

But she's a fantastic performer.

by Anonymousreply 2905/24/2010

She only has one Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 3005/24/2010

When she is endlessly on the bike get in front of her and act out full scenes from Mommie Dearest for her. Then run.

Cool to know she doesn't have much hair. I'll think and that one for awhile and get back to you.

by Anonymousreply 3105/24/2010

Go up to her, look her in the face and say "I worked with bigger monsters than you at Bally's for years. This ain't my first time at the rodeo. So, DON'T FUCK WITH ME LADY!!!"

by Anonymousreply 3205/24/2010

But Katharine, you're dead. And I'm alive.

by Anonymousreply 3305/24/2010

This thread has me in tears. The best line tonight:

by Anonymousreply 3405/24/2010

"So. . .howdya feel when Madonna played Eva Peron? I mean, I know you had played Eva Peron, too. . .on TV. So howdya feel when, of all people, MADONNA, got to play her on the big screen? I mean--come on! MADONNA? Oh my God. I'll give you some 'Box office poison'!"

by Anonymousreply 3505/24/2010

When she's on the bike, stalk up to her and snarl, "Dammit! French Riviera Spa is MY place!"

by Anonymousreply 3605/25/2010

I will keep all of those in mind, I'm just grateful I don't have to see her in the locker room, she is a big matted hair ball by the time she has finished. Nylon hair and sweat is not a good mixture!!

by Anonymousreply 3705/25/2010

Well then I'm glad the broke nasty old broad is at least staying fit. She has been good in lots of films. But I guess she is a bit of a horror and she did herself no favors with bad plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 3805/25/2010

She's pretty scarey. I think I'd have to stay away from the gym when I knew she was there

by Anonymousreply 3905/25/2010

This cunt made Patti LuPone seem like a trip 'round the maypole at a field day in May. And, believe me, I should know. Bitch can't even sing.

by Anonymousreply 4005/25/2010

Just remember Carol Ann. Faye's not mad at you. She's mad at the sweat.

by Anonymousreply 4105/25/2010

Op, a public gym? Like at the recreation center?

FD lives two blocks from my house. The high school kids have graffiti'd her wall a couple of times (that I've seen).

by Anonymousreply 4205/25/2010

No it's not public it's a private membership but anyone who can afford it can join. I think she gets some kind of deal because of who she is.

by Anonymousreply 4305/25/2010

Are you implying that I have a stinky pussy R37?

by Anonymousreply 4405/25/2010

by Anonymousreply 4505/25/2010

Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

by Anonymousreply 4605/25/2010

A part of me wonders if Faye Dunaway would laugh at someone coming up to her stationary bike and acting out a monologue from Mommy Dearest.

But, then, another part of me thinks she would beat the hell out of you for doing that.

I really do not want to see OP get hurt and have his (or her) next thread be about how Faye Dunaway beat them down at the gym.

Has anyone read her autobiography? Maybe OP could be given some quotes from that. I heard that her autobiography is horrid.

by Anonymousreply 4705/25/2010

Ask her if she got enough funding to see "Master Class" finished. And if she ever found her phone charger.

by Anonymousreply 4805/25/2010

I would love to have seen Faye as Norma Desmond, talk about perfect casting!

by Anonymousreply 4905/25/2010

People only want to focus on the negative of her career. That Crawford movie really did a number on her, which is unfortunate because she is one of the greats. She was robbed of an Oscar nomination for "Barfly", a movie that could and should have jumpstarted her career.

She still works, however, and turns in a few gems such as "The Gene Generation" and "Say it in Russian"

by Anonymousreply 5005/25/2010

Does her autobio skip Mommie Dearest or is it a case of she won't discuss it in interviews but saved up her feelings for her own book?

by Anonymousreply 5105/25/2010

It's been years since I read the book, but she does discuss the movie, and places the blame for its failure on the director and the book itself. The director wasn't competent enough to tell Faye when to reign her performance in. She also slams the book as a hatchet job.

by Anonymousreply 5205/25/2010

Thank you R52!

by Anonymousreply 5305/25/2010

Faye's joined twitter, she seems quite sane and normal. Do you think she is acting?

by Anonymousreply 5401/03/2012

I totally agree. She gave a wonderful performance in Barfly.

I was watching Rosie's show on OWN the other night and she was interviewing Jane Fonda. Fonda said that she didn't think she could play her role in Klute, so she suggested to the director that he cast Faye Dunaway instead. Several members of the audience LAUGHED, and Rosie actually admonished them saying that Faye was a beauty and talent back in the day.

I feel sorry for Dunaway. She is a talented actress, and she doesn't get the recognition for her legacy. She did as many notable films as Fonda or Burstyn ever did. I hope she gets her comeback someday.

by Anonymousreply 5501/03/2012

I'd just walk up to her and say: "Faye….I'd like to talk to you. (pause) IN THE OTHER ROOM."

by Anonymousreply 5601/03/2012

R54, why did you dredge this up, when the thread died its natural death in May, 2010?

by Anonymousreply 5701/03/2012

I eat old people's excrement. In 2010 and 2011!!

by Anonymousreply 5801/03/2012

She was very good in "Chinatown", a great movie and one of the few good ones about L.A.

by Anonymousreply 5901/04/2012

Now you've embarrassed me in front of a Datalounger.

A DATALOUNGER! *grabs shirt*

by Anonymousreply 6001/04/2012

R57 must be a real BLAST at parties. I bet she's on every winter hostess short list for 2012.....

by Anonymousreply 6101/04/2012

Faye Dunnaway starred in three notably classics: "Bonnie and Clyde," "Chinatown," and "Network". Sure, "Mommie Dearest" was an over the top mess, but that shouldn't be the movie that defines her career when at her peak she had a remarkable track record of great performances in landmark movies.

Not even Meryl Streep can say that she has three notable classics under her belt.

by Anonymousreply 6201/04/2012

"NOTABLE" not "notably", dear.

by Anonymousreply 6301/04/2012

Thank you, insufferable grammar queen, R63 for pointing out such a glaring typo.

By the way: if you're going to use quotations it's best to put the comma within the quote not outside the quote. It should be "NOTABLE" not "notably," dear.

by Anonymousreply 6501/04/2012

She can SEE you!

by Anonymousreply 6601/04/2012

R64, you sound marvellous.

by Anonymousreply 6701/04/2012

She makes me nervous, and I'm on the other side of the monitor:

by Anonymousreply 6801/04/2012

Show her YOUR oscar.

by Anonymousreply 6901/04/2012

Is Barfly an adverb?

by Anonymousreply 7001/04/2012

Tell her Bette Davis is watching her from the grave (and still hates her -- "inexplicably", according to Faye).

by Anonymousreply 7101/04/2012

"I raise my glass NEVER to Ms. Faye Dunaway! Never, NEVER!"

by Anonymousreply 7201/04/2012

Wait until she's doing one of these, then have your baby daughter walk right in front of her...and kick her in the cunt!

by Anonymousreply 7301/04/2012

Faye used to be a natural beauty, but today she has Plastic Surgery Face.

by Anonymousreply 7401/04/2012

she put the pork in ham

by Anonymousreply 7501/04/2012

Tell her how much you loved her in "Fatal Attraction."

by Anonymousreply 7601/04/2012

Oh, Mer-Mer..finally we agree on something!

by Anonymousreply 7701/04/2012

She is a very talented, intelligent woman, and yes, used to be a great beauty. But she is clearly in need of help, and has been for some time. In her autobiography, I faintly recall a passage where she basically dissed therapy as being a sham. I think she needs to give it another try. Possibly needs some mood stabilizers as well.

by Anonymousreply 7801/04/2012

She just looks awful in the pictures at R74's link. And she was a great beauty when she was younger.

by Anonymousreply 7901/04/2012

Tear down that BITCH of a neck wattle - and put some CHEEKBONES where they OUGHT TO BE!

by Anonymousreply 8001/04/2012

Go up to her and say you can't remember HOW many times you have stood behind her in line at the Ralphs on Fountain and La Brea and it's nice to see her getting out.

(Not the Rockin Ralph's on Sunset, the other one.)

by Anonymousreply 8101/04/2012

Show her a picture of you presenting your hole

by Anonymousreply 8201/04/2012

I've heard from many sources that she won't let her hair and makeup people look her in the eye while working on her. She's seriously messed up.

THAT'S what's killed her career; not a cult film.

by Anonymousreply 8301/04/2012

I don't get it either. It's like Dunaway personally injured the posters on this thread.

I've heard of her being pretentious, but I've heard of lots of public people doing the same thing. I've heard of her being a bitch, but she was never a bitch to me since I haven't met her and I bet you haven't either.

She had plastic surgery but they all have.

She was a terrific actress and a great beauty.

In other words, what the FUCK did she ever do to you?

by Anonymousreply 8401/04/2012

Don't do or say anything OP. Ignoring that old has been coaster is the best revenge. She'll be really twisted that no one "recognizes" her

by Anonymousreply 8501/04/2012

Whom are you quoting, R85? Your venom might be more effective if you knew how to punctuate. But probably not.

by Anonymousreply 8601/04/2012

I saw her in Malibu about a year ago. She was sat at a table in the kid's play area, eating a sandwich. She was sitting on her own, her hair tied back, no make-up at all. I desperately wanted to go and say something to her but had heard so many horror stories about her that I decided against it. I watched as a young woman went up to her, I couldn't hear the conversation but Faye let out this roaring laugh, very scary sounding, like a villian's cackle and she then made this "shoo, shoo" gesture with her hands to the woman who'd approached her. The woman walked off, she didn't look upset or anything so I have no idea what their brief conversation was about, but I presume Faye wanted rid of her immediately.

by Anonymousreply 8701/04/2012

Does someone like her ever reach the point where they're actually friendly to people who approach them in public because they're just grateful anyone remembers them?

by Anonymousreply 8801/04/2012

I think Dunaway is a bit pissed at the public because she has given them some really great performances and all they want to talk about is Mommie Dearest. I can't really blame her for being abrasive. At this point, she's paid her Hollywood dues and doesn't owe anything to anyone.

Btw, here's a pic of her looking unbelievably gorgeous. I think "The Thomas Crown Affair" was the height of her beauty.

by Anonymousreply 8901/04/2012

I'd think most people would want to talk to her about "Bonnie & Clyde", "Chinatown" and "Network". The only people really interested in "Mommie Dearest" are the gays, and we all know better than to ask her questions about that film.

by Anonymousreply 9001/04/2012

My friend lives across the street from her and has heard her screaming at the help.

by Anonymousreply 9101/04/2012

She was directing a short on the Warner backlot one day when I happen to meet someone there for lunch and I was thrilled -- but SO knew better than to approach her while she was working. Tiny woman, major charisma, total legend.

Funny, she is one of those that I wouldn't expect to be anything but haughty and a bit diva-esque. It's her star persona and I wish we had more of that kind today -- instead of "stars" that look like they work at Starbucks.

In other words, Faye is one of those from my youth that can do NO WRONG with me. So give her the old proverbial respect. :) Smile and say, "I like your work" and see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 9201/04/2012

Walk up to her the next time she's parked on the stationary bike and say "I might as well have '24 Hour Fitness' tattooed on my backside!" and slap your ass.

by Anonymousreply 9301/05/2012

Tell her you thought she was brilliant as Granny Clampett in "The Beverly Hillbillies".

by Anonymousreply 9401/05/2012

4 or 5 years ago I was at the Whole Foods store in Los Angeles across from the Grove shopping center. I was shopping the produce, and noticed these odd creature, fidgety, picking out things. She was white as a ghost, gym clothes, face so tight, hat, long long hair tied back. She was an odd sight, but living in Los Angeles, you see these women often, pulled - tight- asian- yet caucasian. I have my earphones on while listening to my ipod when I hear a woman yelling. I lower the volume and it's this odd creature again, yelling at the Fish Seafood people who cut the fish etc etc. She is yelling about cutting it right, how much she want's. It's really serious for her. The young latino guys behind the counter, kinda look at this women and her reactions as a looney tunes, as they kinda smile, like, Um somebody help me. Then in all her rage says, Forget it! Slaps the countertop and huffs off, and leaves the area. Okay, so it's been like 5 minutes, now Im at the section, where at that time the garlic, etc was right next to the fish department. Her she comes racing back AS IF NOTHING had happened,except now there's a small line of people. She almost cuts in front of a mother and her daughter, but says, so loudly, Oh no your in front of me, go ahead I will wait. Then starts to jog in place, and starts talking about exercising, endorphins etc etc. It was sooooo odd. But this time I had a closer closer look, heard the voice clearer, and the fact that she had that silly reality show about Actresses premiering on the CW with Vivica Fox, I knew who it was... FAYE DUNAWAY!

And people stop with the analysis, your not therapists. She isn't this way because she doesn't get the respect from Hollyweird. The bitch is crazy, point blank, highly highly either medicated or just loopey. Save the analysis for therapist, She on something. And she in danger gurl!

by Anonymousreply 9501/05/2012

Tell her you have a dick bigger than Warren Beatty's and you know how to use it.

by Anonymousreply 9601/05/2012

SHE has a bigger dick than Warren Beatty's.

by Anonymousreply 9701/05/2012

"Your salmon has no BONES." *snap* *snap* *snap*

"You better get SERIOUS, girl... and FILET IT!"

by Anonymousreply 9801/05/2012

But it's got all this red juice when I push on it!

by Anonymousreply 9901/05/2012

Everybody sweats.

by Anonymousreply 10001/05/2012

Tell her you just loved her on The Starlett.

by Anonymousreply 10101/05/2012

Am I wrong in thinking that if Dunaway had done what Bette Davis & Shirley Maclaine reccomended, she could have become a great legend, and continued her career ? They both said, at a certain point, forget about the beauty aspect, and go for good roles. Become a character 'star', and forget the cosmetic beauty, you had earlier on. It's basically letting go of ego, and vanity, and facing reality. You get more respect, and you may even win an Oscar- as Maclaine did in 'Terms Of Endearment'. Think of the scene where she's screaming " Give my daughter the shottttttttt". No make-up, looking frazzled.Or Davis, in 'Baby Jane'. For God sake, Dunaway is 70 - she's still stuck in time, thinking she just starred in 'Chinatown'. Sad, and pathetic. And after reading earlier comments, I do believe she's bi-polar, or has some untreated mental illness. People, even stars, just are not that crazy ALL the time.

by Anonymousreply 10201/05/2012

I loved her in "Driving Miss Daisy." Why, I really believed Hoke was her best friend.

by Anonymousreply 10301/05/2012

In THREE DAYS OF THE CONDOR she took pictures of trees without leaves ..."November pictures, not quite fall, not quite winter", according to Joe Turner (Robert Redford), who kidnapped her.

She was tremendous in the film, one of my all-time favorites from 1975 that still resonates deeply today.

by Anonymousreply 10401/05/2012

Get right up into her ear and whisper "I CAN SMELL YOUR CUNT!"

by Anonymousreply 10501/05/2012

"Am I wrong in thinking that if Dunaway had done what Bette Davis & Shirley Maclaine reccomended, she could have become a great legend, and continued her career ? They both said, at a certain point, forget about the beauty aspect, and go for good roles. Become a character 'star', and forget the cosmetic beauty, you had earlier on. It's basically letting go of ego, and vanity, and facing reality."

I think this is exactly right. There's a reason (beyond just being a great actress) why Judi Dench is constantly working in major films - because she looks like the old lady she is! And she can therefore be credible playing a wide variety of women of her own age.

Whereas I think these actresses like Dunaway who go for such drastic surgery I think are actually just limiting their opportunities to work - they don't look real anymore, so they can't really play anything except a rich New York/LA woman who would have had plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 10601/05/2012

"Faye Dunnaway starred in three notably classics: "Bonnie and Clyde," "Chinatown," and "Network". "

Don't forget "Three Musketeers" and "Four Musketeers", which are the best version of the old story ever made and which are genuine classics. I recommend a viewing to any Datalounger who hasn't seen them. Also, "The Towering Inferno" may not be a classic, but it's sure memorable.

Of course, both are ensemble films, not dominated by Ms. Dunaway's performance. I don't suppose her fans love them the way they love "Network".

by Anonymousreply 10701/05/2012

RE : 106 Thank you

by Anonymousreply 10801/05/2012

Years ago when she was filming "Avonlea" up here in Canada, one of the producers or directors stated in a newspaper that he was well aware of Faye's ability to be "high maintenance", but she was a total pro and pleasure to work with on the set.

by Anonymousreply 10901/05/2012

Tell her that you're glad that she's finally taking up the treadmill and surely she'll get rid of that fat in no time.

by Anonymousreply 11001/05/2012

None of these awful things are true!

Well…maybe just a LITTLE true….

by Anonymousreply 11101/05/2012

Tell her you loved her on Three's Company

by Anonymousreply 11201/06/2012

[quote] she was a total pro and pleasure to work with on the set.

That's what they'll always say to the press.

by Anonymousreply 11301/06/2012

We loved her in "Trog."

by Anonymousreply 11401/07/2012

She just completed a stint as Jessica Corbett on Nightshade, that show starring Mariette Hartley, Monte Markham and Amy Steel. She did a great job.

by Anonymousreply 11501/07/2012

What the hell is Nightside ?

by Anonymousreply 11601/07/2012

Faye is a great actress. Is she demented by the way?

by Anonymousreply 11711/21/2012

I'd walk up to her and ask for her hot son's phone number.

by Anonymousreply 11811/21/2012

Yes, her son looks presentable and sweet. You believe that he is her natural son or you believe the bad rumors that say he is not her physical child?

by Anonymousreply 11911/21/2012

Ask her who her trainer is, and when she first tells you she's her sister....

by Anonymousreply 12011/21/2012

He's my son! He's my brother! He's my father!

by Anonymousreply 12111/21/2012

R121 hahahahahahahahaha! Nice one.

by Anonymousreply 12211/21/2012

She was good in Alias.

by Anonymousreply 12311/21/2012

She was great in so many movies actually. However, tell me, do you think that her son looks like her?

by Anonymousreply 12411/21/2012

She had a strange rare beauty in her. She has been excellent in many movies, there is no doubt about that.

by Anonymousreply 12611/21/2012

[quote] Tear down that BITCH of a neck wattle - and put some CHEEKBONES where they OUGHT TO BE!

by Anonymousreply 12711/21/2012

well said r125 - what the OP should do is watch - he probably hasn't seen any of them - Chinatown or Network or 3 Musketeers or Thomas Crown Affair or .... or even enjoy the awfulness of Mommie Dearest, and thank Faye for the continuing pleasure her greatest hits gives us.

by Anonymousreply 12811/21/2012

Hum "As If We Never Said Goodbye" in her presence and see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 12911/21/2012

[quote]Of course, both (Musketeer movies) are ensemble films, not dominated by Ms. Dunaway's performance. I don't suppose her fans love them the way they love "Network"

I love them too. Dunaway is really wonderful and at the peak of her looks. Likewise Michael York, who is so good-looking that it almost hurts to look at him.

by Anonymousreply 13011/21/2012

I thought she was executed decades ago for the foul murder of Raquel Welch.

by Anonymousreply 13111/21/2012

Anyway, when you pretend Mommie Dearest is from the 50s, a period that had overwrought melodrama and "stage-y" acting, the movie isn't nearly as horrific as people make it out to be. All the various actresses who portrayed Tina were almost always the weakest link and ultimately what destroyed the movie.

by Anonymousreply 13211/21/2012

I agree r152, they did a good job of capturing the feel of Joan's movies, almost like if Todd Haynes had made it.

by Anonymousreply 13311/21/2012

Do you think she'll ever have a comeback?

by Anonymousreply 13411/21/2012

It's not that great of a film but I love her in the Eyes of Laura Mars.

by Anonymousreply 13511/21/2012

She doesn't need to have a comeback. She offered a lot in the screen, let's not be greedy and demand the impossible from people who gave us glimpses of perfection through their performances. Personally, i don't care if she played in bad movies recently. She has proved herself in my eyes and i find her unique as an actress. I don't care about her latest facelifts either. She has been really astonishing. Let's not forget that and let's not be so unfair to her if she is a bit crazy!

by Anonymousreply 13611/21/2012

R135 i loved her in this film too and i think this movie is underrated. It's not great, but it's really absorbing and very intriguing. So, it's great in a way! In addition, some scenes from this movie are very memorable and the Barbra Streisand song is an extra gift to this flick.

by Anonymousreply 13711/21/2012

A woman in her 70s still goes to the gym? Doesnt she have her own private one ? Surely she cant be that poor ..

by Anonymousreply 13811/21/2012

Christ, look at one of the pictures at the link R136 posted. What a fucking cavalcade. In particular, Janet looks like her hair is modelled on a bustle, and Joan looks like a frumpy character from Mexican day of the dead.

by Anonymousreply 13911/21/2012

I agree, R136. Faye Dunaway has given us performances that will be talked about for decades to come. She has earned her greatness.

I find the Faye mocking has more to do with people's own insecurities about aging and careerism. She is an example of how American society mistreats talented, beautiful, and assertive women, and turns them into caricatures.

by Anonymousreply 14011/21/2012

Faye and Steve have fun there...

by Anonymousreply 14112/02/2012

She goes to the gym? Do they do plastic surgeries now?

by Anonymousreply 14212/02/2012

Stop Lana Kane, stop it sweetie, stop it! You love Faye, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 14312/02/2012

My favourite Faye Dunaway movies are:

Puzzle of a Downfall Child

Arizona Dream

Three Days of the Condor

Eyes of Laura Mars

Burning Secret

The Thomas Crown Affair

Voyage of the Damned

The Arrangement

Bonnie and Clyde

Mommie Dearest

by Anonymousreply 14412/04/2012

She is directing a movie based on Master Class. I hope we get some gossip from the set.

by Anonymousreply 14512/04/2012

God she was wonderful--Faye Dunaway may be our last classic, living movie star.

Talent. Beauty. Charisma. That special something.

She appealed to both men and women and I can't think of a contemporary actress who has that quality--are you going to tell me that Jennifer Aniston, whom women like, has anything approaching Ms. Dunaway's talent?

I don't care that she's a bit off in fact, I think it adds to her legend.

She's great enough to have to be a little crazy.

by Anonymousreply 14612/04/2012

Why did Bette Davis hate her so much. Did they work on a picture together? I can't remember.

by Anonymousreply 14712/04/2012

R147, i find the answer of your question in the link below. In the comments, someone wrote about that:

'I suspect she (Bette Davis) scrutinized Faye Dunaway more due to Faye's portrayal of Joan Crawford in "Mommie Dearest". Bette, at that time, had a similar falling out with her daughter as Joan and Christina. When you combine tabloid sensationalism and historical Hollywood rivalries, it's no surprise that Faye's name would pop out in Bette's mind.'

by Anonymousreply 14812/04/2012

I had the pleasure (8? 10?) years ago of seeing her, in SF, in Master Class. She was excellent.

Does she sing? wouldn't she have been great in Sunset Boulevard? (I realize I'm probably forgetting something; sorry.)

by Anonymousreply 14912/04/2012

However, i must say that Bette Davis was not afraid to make good comments about other actresses who were younger than her. For example, i remember reading in one of Bette's biographies her positive comments about Mia Farrow. By the way,i have also posted this in a thread about Mia Farrow in DL:

Even Bette Davis had good words to say about Mia Farrow, can you imagine that? !!!!! I read that in Bette Davis' biography 'The Girl Who Walked Home Alone'. Bette didn't like Mia's father. 'I really didn't get along with the director, John Farrow, but years later i adored his beautiful, talented daughter.'(224 page) In this biography also it is mentioned in page 266 that Bette had an especially warm feeling toward 'that beautiful, dear young actress of truly great talent, Mia Farrow. Her father directed me you know.'

R147, Faye played with Bette in 'The Disappearance of Aimee'. In an interview published in the New York Times on 20 December 1993, director Anthony Harvey said that during filming of this movie, Bette Davis "absolutely took a dislike to Faye Dunaway... I would line them up for a two-shot," he said, "then look through the camera, and I couldn't see Bette." Each time, Davis had inched her chair away to evade a tete-a-tete with the younger Dunaway.

In another interview Bette said about Faye: "What do I think of M i s s e s Faye Dunaway? She makes Joan Crawford look like an angel'.

Actually Davis, found Faye uncooperative and unprofessional. Oh, she also called her impossible.

Bette was very professional and was never late on set. She was pissed off whenever diva Faye was late for shooting their scenes.

I think somewhere between my two replies (R148, R149)might lie the truth.

Anyway, they were both brilliant actresses! People can't like all people, after all.

by Anonymousreply 15012/04/2012

*my two replies before (R148,R150)

oops sorry for the previous mistake

by Anonymousreply 15112/04/2012

R149, i have no idea if Faye sings. I'm sorry. You are lucky that you had the luck and saw her.

by Anonymousreply 15212/04/2012

Maybe Faye is just permanantly pissed off that she worked so hard, coming from such a hard scrabble life, to become a truly great talent and is repulsed by the instant fame of coked-out half-wits who slept their way to the top.

I'm pissed off about it and I'm a nobody, so imagine how she feels.

by Anonymousreply 15312/04/2012

She's just damaged that's all. Most Hollyweird celebrities are mental in some way or another. Gotta be to pretend to be other people all the time. And living in Hollyweird with all the stalkers following them around taking ugly pictures of them should be enough to drive a normal person to the brink of acting out in weird fits of attention-getting whorism at the gym. Why not just let her embarrass herself and let her live her life and you just run along and live your life? Eh? Ya think?

by Anonymousreply 15412/04/2012

had a couple interactions with her at Telluride some years ago when she was there for a film (I don't know the title) and she was absolutely pleasant, even after spilling some coffee on her coat.

but seriously, op, why are you so intent on bringing somebody down a peg? what's that say about you?

by Anonymousreply 15512/04/2012

Many people in DL are nasty. I don't think that they have actually any kind of intentions, just a carnivorous need to bitch about. That's sad sometimes, funny some other times...

by Anonymousreply 15612/04/2012

Mind-blowing Faye

by Anonymousreply 15712/12/2012

Sexy and alert in 'Eyes of Laura Mars'

by Anonymousreply 15812/12/2012

She could be so many faces in the screen

by Anonymousreply 15912/12/2012

Unparalleled, she had a very unique kind of beauty

by Anonymousreply 16012/12/2012

by Anonymousreply 16112/12/2012

by Anonymousreply 16212/12/2012

Disarmed and disarming!

by Anonymousreply 16312/12/2012

by Anonymousreply 16412/12/2012

by Anonymousreply 16512/12/2012

Fragile and stubborn

by Anonymousreply 16612/12/2012

Sad eyes

by Anonymousreply 16712/12/2012

Intuitive but stubborn but and many more other things as well

by Anonymousreply 16812/12/2012

She bloomed in many movies

by Anonymousreply 16912/12/2012

She is not a bitch, she just has a mind of her own, but she can be very logical if you give her time to breathe.

by Anonymousreply 17012/12/2012

In reality, she is not the stuck-up bitch some people think she that she is. It's just a put-on, whenever she looks like that.

She needs to escape and to fly high and away...

by Anonymousreply 17112/12/2012

Faye Faye Faye!

by Anonymousreply 17212/14/2012

Yeeeesss! I like Faye. It's obvious.

by Anonymousreply 17312/14/2012

I think she still looks ok today, espwcially for 72.

by Anonymousreply 17412/16/2012

Faye looked at her best when she was younger.

It happens with a lot of people. However, i find her still very attractive as a person.

by Anonymousreply 17512/18/2012

Just go up to her and tell her that you thought her role in the Towering Inferno was her best work, ever.

by Anonymousreply 17612/18/2012

She looked like a goddess in Towering Inferno.

by Anonymousreply 17712/18/2012

Yes she was awesome in 'Towering Inferno' and the movie was not such a crap as many imply that it was. I find it very entertaining and gripping.

by Anonymousreply 17812/18/2012

I was the assistant costumer for her TV version of The Country Wifeduring. We did her fittings in NYC at a costume house there, and they would begin, at her request, at 5 pm when the shop would normally close for the day, so the whole workroom etc would have to stay as long as it took to fit her each day, for a week. Sometimes we were there till 10 pm, and her clothes were basic skirts and blouses- very simple 1950's stuff- she played the alcoholic preacher's wife(....the role that won Grace Kelly the Oscar over our Judy) and we would stand back as she looked in the 3 way mirror for what seemed like forever, then would ask if the skirt could be taken up 1/4" on the left, but only 1/8' on the right (seriously) and the garment would be altered, then refit, all while she sat drinking tea while the alterations would be finished. She would try on the skirt, ask it to returned to the original length, wait, try on, back to shortening the whole thing now 1", wait, try get it....for hours....and hours....made alot of overtime with her, and that's the best that can be said about the whole thing- was always pleasant - cold, but pleasant....

by Anonymousreply 17912/18/2012

Maybe she was afraid to get more intimate, but as you said she was pleasant and i love pleasure, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 18012/18/2012

Watched Three Days of The Condor with her and Redford, over the weekend. It's not a great role for her, would've been better with Streisand. So funny watching Dunaway try and play a simple, lonely girl. She was never really an ingenue, was she?

by Anonymousreply 18112/18/2012

R181 I think Faye was great in that role. By the way loneliness is experienced by beautiful and glamorous people too, it's not a 'privilege' that only less attractive people get to know.

by Anonymousreply 18212/18/2012

She was soooooo hot!

by Anonymousreply 18307/03/2013

I thought she was great in Three Days of the Condor, she clicked with Redford and believable in that role.

by Anonymousreply 18407/03/2013

Yes. She and Redford were both great in that movie. Actually this is a great film, great scenario, great direction, great acting.

by Anonymousreply 18507/03/2013

I think she's tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 18607/03/2013

Of course I was WONDERFUL in that Johnny Depp film!

by Anonymousreply 18707/03/2013

Fascinating woman, even more so with all of the craziness.

The fantastic, natural beauty, the impoverished, shanty childhood, and the classic films.

Dunaway is one of the last great actresses.

by Anonymousreply 18807/03/2013

I'm so glad R156 has died of cancer by now.

I hope it hurt.

by Anonymousreply 18907/03/2013

R185, exactly.

by Anonymousreply 19007/03/2013

R179, did it ever occur to you that she wanted to um, be with you? you know.

Are you male or female?

by Anonymousreply 19107/03/2013

I once encountered her on the elevator where the Virgin Megastore and Sunset 5 cinemas used to be. She got on and then loudly asked "What floor did I get on at??". It was almost as if she wanted to be noticed.

It was actually very exciting seeing her.

Another time when I was working at Virgin her assistant called and asked if we had every Peter Wolf/J Giles album in stock. He said Faye was doing research for her autobiography (they'd been married). I said do me a favor- tell her "She's my sister AND my daughter!". He did and I could hear her HOWL with laughter. I doubt she would have laughed if he'd said "no more wirehangers". Later the assistant came in- a timid little gay kid, very nice. I'm sure she chewed him up and spit him out in no time.

by Anonymousreply 19207/03/2013

Has anyone of you read 'Looking for Gatsby'?

Is Faye a good writer? Comments on this autobiography please.

by Anonymousreply 19307/16/2013

There's two videos on YouTube of the woman who played Carol Anne dishing on what it was like to work with her. Search for Mommie Dearest Castro Theatre. I can't be bothered to find them.

by Anonymousreply 19407/16/2013

I would love to read that book too R193. I can't find a new copy of it thought. Damn, maybe i should buy it second-hand, it would be better than nothing.

by Anonymousreply 19507/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 19607/16/2013

That worn out, ragged ass, wildebeest is still alive?

by Anonymousreply 19707/16/2013

R197, stop the crap please.

by Anonymousreply 19807/16/2013

Dun Fadeaway?

by Anonymousreply 19907/16/2013

Please, don't post crap.

Faye made a nice couple with Marcello Mastroianni for a while.

by Anonymousreply 20007/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 20109/01/2013

Dunaway was so stunning back in the day, especially in the famous Schatzberg photos that inspired Angelina Jolie's "Newsweek" shoot. It's a shame those good looks were wasted on a nasty temperament.

by Anonymousreply 20209/01/2013

What a great star--who cares if she wasn't--allegedly--Pollyanna.

The pity is that she didn't get more good parts, not that she supposedly said something less than charitable.

by Anonymousreply 20309/01/2013

Beauty is a bitch goddess.

by Anonymousreply 20401/02/2014

I was at that party!

by Anonymousreply 20501/02/2014

R204 that scared the fuck out of me!!! Worn a bitch next time will ya!

by Anonymousreply 20601/12/2014

She is far more classy than Jane Fonda. Jane Fonda keeps on faking it. Faye has her regrets and he really is the artistic type unlike Jane Fonda who just happens to be a good actress. Jane Fonda is very very unstable and she thinks that she can teach young people! Excuse me!

by Anonymousreply 20701/12/2014

I take jane over crazy ass faye any day.

by Anonymousreply 20801/19/2014

"I take jane over crazy ass faye any day."

And I will throw a cuppa piss in your eye!

by Anonymousreply 20901/19/2014

R209 bitch, I wish you would throw ur piss at me hoe!

by Anonymousreply 21001/21/2014

R210! Bring me the cup!

by Anonymousreply 21101/21/2014

Back in the 60s, Dunaway admitted she spent an hour a day putting on her makeup. Basically, she had bland features and painted her face on. She always was a carefully engineered optical illusion.

by Anonymousreply 21201/21/2014

R211 bitch I'll beat yo worst than u did that bitch Christina with that can of comet , hoe!

by Anonymousreply 21301/22/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!