Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What the FUCK has happened to Elayne Boosler?

She's on Joy Behar now and I simply can't believe my eyes. Over 200 pounds with 4 chins and straight hair. Did not even realize that mess was her... until her name was shown. Tragic. She really looked awful. I almost wanted to cry.

by Anonymousreply 12201/15/2014

Here's a beautiful pic of her.

by Anonymousreply 205/22/2010

But...

Now she looks like this.

Is she a drunk, an unhappy lesbian, sick??

What?!

by Anonymousreply 305/22/2010

She had a whole routine about eating heavily after a date where she would eat lightly. I guess it was true.

Tilt your head back, unhinge your jaw, and dump in the contents of your refrigerator.

by Anonymousreply 405/22/2010

I would guess that her present state stems from an unhappy love life and unhappy dating life - probably non-existent.

Does she still work as a comedian?

by Anonymousreply 505/22/2010

I thought at one point she had gotten married?

by Anonymousreply 605/22/2010

Ohhh! she's committed the DL cardinal sin! She's fat!

get over yourself, cunt. She can lose weight, but you'll always be ugly.

by Anonymousreply 705/22/2010

How original, r7... got anything more to add? I'm genuinely curious as to why/how people just let themselves go like that.

by Anonymousreply 805/22/2010

That recent pic doesn't look like she gained weight so much as she had some injury to her face. Seriously--did she have cheek implants gone wrong or something? She was always beautiful in a non-American tradional sort of way but that recent pic looks like she had some type of accident. Not recognizable at all.

by Anonymousreply 905/22/2010

I spent an evening with her-- around 1980 or so. Really really nice person. and genuinely funny.

I dunno, the bloating she has looks less like weight gain, and more like what happens when someones been sick, maybe on Prednisone.

by Anonymousreply 1005/22/2010

Steroids? Seriously!

I have some friends that, due to various illneses or injuries, were put on a steroid regimen that made them gain weight very quickly (it made them heiry, too).

What a shame. I really liked her. Link to Behar?

by Anonymousreply 1105/22/2010

No, she's gained a shitload of weight.

I can't find a link of her from last night's Joy Behar show, but she was easily over 200 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 1205/22/2010

Ok, I found a Behar link. She's 1 of the 3 panelists in this Rhys Meyer's clip. Look at her at the :54 mark and tell me your jaw doesn't drop.

by Anonymousreply 1305/22/2010

Nope, that's morbid obesity. Oddly enough, though, the blonde hair does "lighten" her look quite a bit.

by Anonymousreply 1405/22/2010

Yeah she's gained weight. If she had her frizzy hair and better makeup it wouldn't be as noticeable

by Anonymousreply 1505/22/2010

Give her a break, you guysysys. She's storing nuts in her cheeks for winter.

by Anonymousreply 1605/22/2010

I've always liked Elayne Boosler--slightly older and one of the leading female comics of today. She still appeared to be together and appealing in the R13 clip. But she's been out of the spotlight the past few years, and she's gained some weight. She doesn't look sick, just fat. If she's happy, then fine, but perhaps she could stand to get on the Jenny Craig program for a year or so.

by Anonymousreply 1805/22/2010

I think she's in denial about her weight because at her facebook page she mentions her appearance on Joy but then has this picture front and center.

by Anonymousreply 2005/22/2010

R20. You said it. You hit the nail right on the thumb.

by Anonymousreply 2105/22/2010

Joy Behar has a show?

by Anonymousreply 2205/22/2010

Yes, on the Headline News CNN cable channel.

Same channel that Showbiz Tonight and Nancy Grace show are on.

by Anonymousreply 2305/22/2010

I'm about 30 pounds overweight and have been on a diet for quite some time. (I began at 50 pounds overweight.) It has been pure hell changing my eating regimine and sticking to it. And the exercising! But oh, to have known about that frizzy hair trick!

by Anonymousreply 2405/22/2010

Middle age can be difficult and life can be difficult, especially without a happy love life.

Some of us become more rotund in middle age.

by Anonymousreply 2605/22/2010

A little trumpet blast of reality: she's 57 years old, soon to be 58. She did not appear ill on Behar's show: she was funny, quick-witted, and sharp. She's a woman in late middle age with a weight problem. BFD.

And FWIW, she looks much better with her full, curly hair than the overprocessed threads she has now. Straightened hair is so unflattering on women who don't look like 16-year-old models.

by Anonymousreply 2705/22/2010

Isn't her hair naturally straight and in her younger years she had a perm to make it curly?

by Anonymousreply 2805/22/2010

Agree that she looks way better with her trademark curly hair.

by Anonymousreply 2905/22/2010

Wasn't she with Jerry Seinfeld for years, long ago? I seem to recall she was the model for the "Elaine" character on "Seinfeld."

by Anonymousreply 3005/22/2010

No, I'm wrong. That was Carol Leifer. My bad, carry on.

by Anonymousreply 3105/22/2010

UUmmm. That woman is on some kind of medication. Steroidal I assume.

Cortisone?

That is not just being overweight.

I'm overweight.

She's ill.

by Anonymousreply 3205/22/2010

Carbs found her!

by Anonymousreply 3305/22/2010

Still looks like she'd be a fun friend.

by Anonymousreply 3405/22/2010

r9 "She was always beautiful in a non-American traditional sort of way." What country is Elayne from?

by Anonymousreply 3505/22/2010

She has a medicine type of related bloating and I cannot snark on that.

by Anonymousreply 3605/22/2010

People who have had liposuction and then gain weight will gain weight in weird places. The bottom of the face is one of those weird places where weight gain happens when fat cells have been sucked out of the abs, thighs, flanks and arms.

Wish I was joking, but I'm not. A friend of mine got abs and legs lipo'd, then got HUGE upper arms. So she had her arms lipo'd. Then came face fat. When you suck out fat cells and then gain weight, your remaining fat cells are the ones that get larger. Chipmunk face occurs. And there ain't nothing you can do about it. Plastic surgeons are loathe to lipo the face because they don't want the skin collapsing once the understory of fat cells is removed. You get sunken, collapsed areas in your face and then you have to get fat cells injected into the sunken areas and hope they "take."

Not good.

by Anonymousreply 3705/22/2010

You are correct, R37.

I got lipo, and I got a little chipmunk face as well, but adjusting my eating habits helped get rid of it though.

Lipo is great for people who keep the same relative weight all their lives, but just want to sculpt one area. It's not for people who eat poorly.

by Anonymousreply 3805/22/2010

Is that what happened to Lara Flynn Boyle's face or did she have another medical problem which changed her face so radically?

by Anonymousreply 3905/22/2010

That hair is age-related. My mom had the less-wavy brunette version. When the sweats hit, her hair went flat. She was pissed off. She said she'd only just gotten used to liking her own hair before it went flat on her.

by Anonymousreply 4005/22/2010

I do not get what you are saying, R40.

by Anonymousreply 4105/22/2010

Sorry, R41.

My mom lost her naturally curly brunette hair too menopause. I turned to flat white and beige straw.

by Anonymousreply 4205/22/2010

This was taken just last year.

by Anonymousreply 4305/23/2010

Haven't heard anything about Elayne in something like 15 years. She was quite funny back in the lat 80s. Seemed to headed for major stardom.

Did she drop off the comedy circuit? Too busy eating to come up with any new jokes?

by Anonymousreply 4405/23/2010

It's not medical. It's fat. She's a bitter, miserable bitch and not as nice as you think. She fucked over some really decent people and whines that no one likes her and no one will hire her. Yeah dummy, because no one trusts you.

by Anonymousreply 4512/07/2010

Doesn't Elayne have a long-term Las Vegas gig?

And while we're at it, WEHT Rita Rudner?

by Anonymousreply 4612/07/2010

[quote]And while we're at it, WEHT Rita Rudner?

Clearly Elayne ate her.

by Anonymousreply 4712/07/2010

Which one is she?

by Anonymousreply 4812/07/2010

I don't know anything about Elayne Boosler's life or what she is like but I can't see how it's "tragic" that she has gained weight in middle age. MARY!

by Anonymousreply 4912/07/2010

Just how fat [italic]are[/italic] you, r49?

by Anonymousreply 5012/07/2010

Pretty Damned Fat

and Happy.

Thanks for asking

Love [R49]

by Anonymousreply 5112/07/2010

It's menopause; my freaky curly hair, eyelashes and eyebrows went stick-straight over a two-year period, and it's really *really* hard to keep your weight down at that age.

by Anonymousreply 5212/07/2010

She may be overweight, but that chipmonk cheek look is clearly steroid-related. I'll wager she has MS.

by Anonymousreply 5312/07/2010

On her Facebook page, all sorts of people are wishing her luck on her surgery. I don't think she's well.

by Anonymousreply 5412/07/2010

If you get a facelift and then gain a ton of weight your face looks weird. Think about it. Your face was peeled off and tacked up behind your ears and to the top of your cheekbones. Gain weight and your tacked-on face moves to the front and all the fat piles up behind it.

by Anonymousreply 5512/07/2010

In my experience women are more likely to get fat because they're afraid of intimacy than frustrated because they can't get laid.%0D %0D I used to love her and Merrill Markoe when they cohosted the Stephanie Miller Show.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 5612/07/2010

Steroids do give you "Cowardly Lion Face".

by Anonymousreply 5712/07/2010

I think she's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 5812/07/2010

Hi!

by Anonymousreply 5912/07/2010

OP, that really does look like it could be steriod use. The long hair was grown to cover the "chipmunk cheeks" which are the trademark of heavy steriod use. %0D %0D Steriods are often prescribed for rheumatoid arthritis, heart disease, and a lot of other chronic conditions. Depending on the dose, you can gain 50-100 lbs in the blink of an eye. It's mostly water, although my sister told me when she took them, she was hungry constantly, and she couldn't stop eating. Usually people who take steriods for a medical condition are pretty sick. Kathleen Turner took them for R.A., and blew up like a balloon.

by Anonymousreply 6012/07/2010

None of these responses has lived up to the hilarity provided by the image of OP bursting into tears at the sight of Elayne Boosler.

by Anonymousreply 6112/07/2010

Wonder if it is a serious illness, or she is getting her stomach stapled?

by Anonymousreply 6212/07/2010

She posted something about eye surgery.

That wouldn't make you gain weight, would it?

by Anonymousreply 6312/07/2010

That's not "fat." Look at her fce. It's steriods. She's fat in the cheeks, but her forehead area isn't fat as well. Also her cheeks are not evenly shaped. The bigger the steriod dose, the bigger the cheeks and the bigger the weight gain. Small cheeks = small dose. She must have serious health issues.

by Anonymousreply 6412/07/2010

That's not funny re Mary Travers.

"In 2005, Travers was diagnosed with leukemia. Although a bone marrow transplant apparently slowed the progression of the disease, Travers died on September 16, 2009, at Danbury Hospital in Danbury, Connecticut, from complications arising from chemotherapy. She was 72 years old."

by Anonymousreply 6512/07/2010

Yeah, but the pic of Mary Travers is pretty shocking/funny/cartoonish.

by Anonymousreply 6612/07/2010

It's called LIFE!

by Anonymousreply 6712/07/2010

She flies kites on my street. She's ok.

by Anonymousreply 6812/07/2010

Did Jan Hooks eat Elayne Boosler, or did Elayne Boosler eat Jan Hooks?

by Anonymousreply 6912/07/2010

Which of the many clips at the link above feature Elayne? There's like five different episodes and none of them mention her by name.

by Anonymousreply 7012/07/2010

Found someone's blog that uses the same picture to compare her to Rob Reiner, in 2006, so, is this also what she looked like on Joy Behar recently? I didn't see the show. The tightness and roundness of her cheeks looks like high dose Prednisone to me, too. I'm not saying she isn't also fat, but the tight, puffy swelling is so typical. A chronic inflammatory disease, maybe, that rears its head every so often?

If it is something like Prednisone, she's lucky that she can get paid to be a (funny) sarcastic bitch. Your "edit button" really takes a beating on that s^&!

by Anonymousreply 7112/07/2010

She looks like she has thyroid issues IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 7212/07/2010

As someone who took a year to lose the weight I gained on Prednisone, I'd know that face shape anywhere. She's on medication.

by Anonymousreply 7312/07/2010

Why would anyone want to take that drug knowing how it disfigures you? Are there really no alternatives?

by Anonymousreply 7412/07/2010

ok - I went to the May archive of the Joy Behar videos site and found the clip. She was not pred-faced there, just fat. But then, so am I, despite losing 40 lbs (diet and exercise) post-pred. The swelling came off simultaneously with losing the first 12 pounds without trying (at about the 75% dose reduction point) and the rest is just stubborn goo.

by Anonymousreply 7512/07/2010

Here's the clip from May of this yr.

by Anonymousreply 7612/07/2010

R74, if there were alternatives, don't you think patients would be clamoring for them? In my case, the prednisone prevented my body to having violent reactions to toxic chemo infusions that saved my life. So, yes, worth it.

by Anonymousreply 7712/07/2010

She a Facebook page and is very friendly, often responding to posts.

by Anonymousreply 7812/07/2010

What was she gonna do? She let herself go. And now she's flying through the stars and hopes this night will last forever.

by Anonymousreply 7912/07/2010

I loved her in SHALLOW HAL!

by Anonymousreply 8012/08/2010

LOL R80. Perhaps Gwyneth can play the lead in "Elaine Boosler: Larger Than Life".

by Anonymousreply 8112/08/2010

Someone should go on her Facebook page and ask her why she got so heavy? I'm sure if it's related to a medical condition, she'll say so.

Not me, however. I believe Facebook is only for teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 8212/08/2010

R74, my sister had a massive dose of prednisone becasue she has a depressed immune system (RA) and had sudden hearing loss from an ear infection. It was either take it or be deaf for the rest of her life. She took it and swelled up like a whale in a matter of weeks. She still has some hearing left, though. %0D %0D She definitely had the trademark chipmunk cheeks. Anybody who knows somebody on Prednisone doesn't forget what it's like. It's scary to watch, let alone do it yourself.

by Anonymousreply 8312/08/2010

Did you need to put a swear word in your title, OP?

by Anonymousreply 8412/08/2010

Yes, he did. Don't you understand it's TRAGIC that Elayne Boosler has gained weight?

by Anonymousreply 8512/09/2010

[quote]She's fat in the cheeks, but her forehead area isn't fat as well.

I've gained weight off & on my whole life, but am grateful to say that I've never had a fat forehead.

by Anonymousreply 8612/09/2010

I guarantee if she needed to take steroids for an illness, she'd have said something about it by now. Probably would make a joke of whatever she needed the steroids for, and make fat jokes.

by Anonymousreply 8712/09/2010

Fat people are always in denial about their weight, hence the 'does this dress make my butt look fat?' question.%0D %0D I heard a story about someone telling Boosler at a TV show taping backstage that he thought she was really funny and she wigged out. %0D %0D "Funny? What do you mean? Funny?"%0D %0D Just take the compliment. And get on the treadmill.%0D

by Anonymousreply 8812/09/2010

Wasn't she an opera singer at one time? Married to a stand up comedian? Or am I thinking of someone else?%0D

by Anonymousreply 8912/11/2010

Since when do comedians have to look good? She never was in movies, television. She's a stage comic, and she's almost 60. Probably doesn't care too much about gaining lbs. My guess is she's likely on an antidepressant, which in most cases, never help the weight/appetite cause.

by Anonymousreply 9007/15/2011

R89: Robert Klein was married to opera singer Brenda Boozer.

by Anonymousreply 9107/15/2011

estrogen kills, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 9307/15/2011

What the FUCK is wrong with you?!? She is beautiful and talented. You are just a hack with a blog

by Anonymousreply 9411/06/2012

It all looks very unnatural. Elayne was an attractive woman for years. I believe there is a medical problem that she is not mentioning.

too often I have snide comments to make, but in this case, I can't torment someone who is obviously ill.

by Anonymousreply 9511/06/2012

Elayne is the perfect example of what happens when one eats their Micky D happy meals without unwrapping them first. It might not matter so much for the first two or three at a sitting, but after 5 or 6 this is what one can expect to look like.

by Anonymousreply 9611/06/2012

This is what Boosler posted on 4/1/11.... Probably in response to OP. LOL!!

Said she became addicted to facebook. Said she sat her ass in front of the computer for 2 yrs and didn't move.

So, it wasn't medical!! It was laziness. She got lazy and then she got fat, Fat, FAT.

Her little rap song is entitled.... Facebook is a clocksucker.

OP, give yourself a pat on the back, you probably saved the fattie from a heart attack. Because, every now and again on her facebook page, she mentions that she got up and went for a walk.

But, I still don't think she will be cracking any more Chris Christie jokes, because now she's in his league.

by Anonymousreply 9711/15/2012

Antidepressants don't necessarily make you fat. I ate like crazy on Paxil and gained about 15 pounds, but I'm not sure now whether it was the drug itself or the fact that it wasn't really helping me. When I got off that crap and switched to Zoloft, a drug which enables me to be about as sane as I'm capable of being, I ended up losing all my Paxil weight plus about five pounds more.

by Anonymousreply 9811/15/2012

[quote] Lipo is great for people who keep the same relative weight all their lives, but just want to sculpt one area. It's not for people who eat poorly

It's also not for people who age. If you weigh 100 lbs and get your thighs lipo'd because they have cellulite and are disproportionate and you get that little pooch lipo'd because it's not as flat as the rest of your stomach..... you have a surprise coming when you hit 50, lol. You're not going to weigh 100 lbs anymore.

by Anonymousreply 9911/15/2012

Look, she has that bug eyed German gene, They never age well. Always remember that some of the light eye have that buggy blue thing going on. We've all known the freakish blue-eyed blond who was just an abomination, right?

by Anonymousreply 10011/15/2012

Look, can we all acknowledge the big nosed, buggy blue eyed gene that comes out of German stock? The horse nostriled left handed freaks who think they're "pure" because both peasant stock parents came here after the war? Peasants who think they're not peasant stock, but they are.

by Anonymousreply 10111/15/2012

The pharma in my governement hospital fits this. Big nostrils. Husband loves to suck Italian cock. He's only part Italian and his brother is gay BUT SO IS HE!

by Anonymousreply 10211/15/2012

A lot of people always want to blame medical issues, but it just ain't true.

People just become lazy and undisciplined.

by Anonymousreply 10311/15/2012

How could she get so fucking fat and her family and friends not say anything?

No one slapped her with reality until she went on Behar's show and people like OP said What in Holy Hell?

by Anonymousreply 10411/15/2012

I don't think the OP was posting this out of concern for Elayne. Just typical bitchiness. You know, their life sucks so why not point out the flaws in others.

Oh and half of everyone's links don't work or redirect to a page one has to look through like reading Webster's dictionary.

by Anonymousreply 10511/15/2012

They worked in May of 2010, but then shit happens.

I bet Behar personally took down that one link to save her friend and fellow comedian from anymore embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 10611/15/2012

R7

by Anonymousreply 10711/15/2012

She was attractive back in the early 90's when she did those commercials on tv. Does anyone remember what the fight she had with Howard Stern a couple decades ago was about? Howard was still making funny-yet-harsh comments about her around 1993-94 or so.

by Anonymousreply 10811/15/2012

Any 2012 pics of her?

She's had over 18 months to start pulling it together.

If she's slipped any further, she ain't never getting up. Just put the motorized scooter on standby.

by Anonymousreply 10911/16/2012

So, it's now 2013.

Has Boosler moved her ass or is she even bigger?

I know Elayne was once friends with Morgan Fairchild (don't know about now). Anyway, I remember Boosler use to crack that every time she saw Morgan at the gym she was sitting at the juice bar socializing.

by Anonymousreply 11001/10/2013

Jesus, what a tough crowd...the poor woman is obviously dealing iwth some kind of health problem...I mean where are aging female comics supposed to go?

by Anonymousreply 11101/10/2013

I feel bad for Elayne, but I hope this is Kathy Griffin's fate.

by Anonymousreply 11201/11/2013

[quote]What the FUCK has happened to Elayne Boosler?

Someone took a hammer to her for bumping old threads.

by Anonymousreply 11301/11/2013

so naughty, r107

LOL

by Anonymousreply 11401/11/2013

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 11502/18/2013

I fucking love this thread!

Someone has got to have a current pic. Or is she hiding from the cameras?

by Anonymousreply 11602/19/2013

She has definitely lost weight. Here she is from a gig she did this month:

by Anonymousreply 11702/19/2013

I'm the chocolate fudge poptart and diet coke

by Anonymousreply 11802/19/2013

Wow! She looks a lot better!

by Anonymousreply 11902/19/2013

If that really is from this month, she looks much, much better.

Maybe she called Morgan for some diet and weight loss advice.

by Anonymousreply 12002/19/2013

See what a little effort and discipline can do for a body.

OP gave Boosler one hell of a wakeup call. It was harsh but necessary because it's quite obvious her family wasn't willing to do it.

If I chunk up a little, my dad calls me on it in a subtle way.... "Honey, how's your weight."

My mother, OTOH, is much more direct. "Your butt is getting big."

by Anonymousreply 12102/19/2013

She's losing weight but are you still a shallow cunt?

by Anonymousreply 12201/15/2014
Need more help? Click Here.