Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Okay, I KNOW Robin Roberts has been through cancer and is a survivor and sincere thumbs up to her for that, but she is SO annoying with her wierd "attitude." It's hard to describe (anyone want to try) but she is just so oddly "down homey" or "fake folksy" with everyone. Like she is some sort of "everybody's mama" or something. Again, it's hard to explain. But it is cloying and treacly and offputting. And I used to like her. But she is now unwatchable.

And the show has NEVER recovered from the loss of Diane Sawyer and Chris Cuomo. George S. is still as oddly boring as toast with zero charisma factor (he's cute so what's wrong? Is it his "flat" voice?) and "Mister Happy," Sam Champion is like some shining gay puppet or something. I MISS Chris Cuomo. He was a great counterbalance to the eternally happy and peppy Champion. Now the show is all sugar with no salt. Unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 4102/01/2014

I didn't understand why George would want the spot or why it was even offered to him. Only thing I can think of is that Charlie left and went to World News Tonight and then Diane got the sweet seat, so GS thinks its a necessary step to the 6:30 time slot?

He isn't a bad talking head but he is awful at this and I'd have thought that This Week was much more prestigious news wise.

by Anonymousreply 105/14/2010

I happen to like Robin Roberts. I think she's very classy and not arrogant or rude. That's my honest opinion. I think Robin is very glad that Diane Sawyer is gone from GMA. She can breath the air better because Diane was suffocating her professionally.

by Anonymousreply 205/14/2010

Well I'd like to see the entire show go away and, any morning show that has patterned itself after GMA. They are all twats giving out useless information.

by Anonymousreply 305/14/2010

While I completely agree with r3, I do kind of miss knowing Chris is on TV every morning. Something about him is quite captivating.

by Anonymousreply 405/14/2010

I used to be a Today show fan, but I got tired of Matt & Meredith's attitudes when doing "serious" interviews. They act irritated (it comes across as phony) and frequently interrupt their guests. This tactic doesn't make them seem like real journalists, it makes them seem like assholes.

I've been watching GMA lately and I enjoy their interviews much more than what I saw on the Today show. George is probably in the wrong place, but at least he's not annoying to watch.

by Anonymousreply 505/14/2010

Well now GMA is hosted by two closet-cases (George and Robin), and one in the glass-closet (Sam)

I'm not surprised there is alot of affectation. They all seem uncomfortable with each other. Diane sort of made it all hang together. Diane also had chemistry with Robin.

by Anonymousreply 605/14/2010

There was a substitute for George several weeks ago and he was MUCH better. More relaxed and way more chemistry with Robin and Sam.

by Anonymousreply 705/14/2010

I like that guy from GMA weekend, Bill something I think. More easy going, and charming.

by Anonymousreply 805/14/2010

OP, in what bizarro world is that greek troll cute?

by Anonymousreply 905/14/2010

George S. is *vastly* more annoying than Robin Roberts. And he is not at all cute.

Robin is down homey because she is southern. Id much rather watch her than Matt Lauer, who can hardly contain his cuntiness for those couple of hours in the morning.

ABC really fucked up when they passed over hottie Chris.

by Anonymousreply 1005/14/2010

At this point, Robin Roberts has become little more than a mascot for ABC News.

Every fucking time I see an ad for GMA, it's Robin being hailed as having a 'triumphant return'. There's Robin second lining in New Orleans with her proud bald head.

Oh, there's Robin with good pals Sam and Josh Elliot laughing it up cause, you know, they're just wacky close friends who have each others back.

Then we get Diane Sawyer's constant sappy, drippy voiced updates on all things Robin.

How many more dramas will Robin go through which are aggressively covered step by step by ABC cameras? It's become shameful.

by Anonymousreply 1102/04/2013

George is afraid to be himself on camera or he might come off gayer than Sam.

by Anonymousreply 1202/04/2013

Robin's allowed herself to become a newer version of Step n'Fetch It

by Anonymousreply 1302/04/2013

GMA is a horrible mess. Too much focus on celebrities and now looks like a morning version of Entertainment Tonite. Can't stand that woman Laura Spencer. Whose idea was it to hire that nitwit?

by Anonymousreply 1402/04/2013

R14, that irritating Lara Spencer (or however she spells her name) is one of those E-list media people who are like cockroaches; she can't seem to be eradicated.

She's been bounced from ABC to CBS to cable to Entertainment Tonight... Just all over the friggen place. And there she is again, back and GMA.

She was easily to take back with GMA was still relevant. Though now her tackiness seems to fit right in with ABC and the level of viewers GMA attracts.

by Anonymousreply 1502/04/2013

I haven't watched it in a couple of years, so I don't know what is happening now, but I used to like Robin for her warm attitude and her voice. Diane Sawyer is the most disturbing fake one.

by Anonymousreply 1602/04/2013

I stopped watching GMA after Dianne and Charlie Gibson left. I like Sam Champion, he's like a little puppy wagging his tail and just wanting someone to pet him. Josh is ok. But I cannot tolerate Robin Roberts. I know she's had some hardtimes, but I really cannot listen to her anymore. I just turn on tv while I am getting ready to leave for work.

by Anonymousreply 1702/04/2013

I HATE GMA, it's like 3 hours of chuckleheads.

by Anonymousreply 1802/04/2013

r6, please 'splain "glass closet."

by Anonymousreply 1902/04/2013

Both Elizabeth Vargas and Amy Robach sounded a little condescending when interacting with Lara. Also I noticed that Josh tweeted a heartfelt farewell to Chris Cuomo but no congrats to DTM.

by Anonymousreply 2002/04/2013

Robin Roberts lost me during Hurricane Katrina.

Pass Christian!

(Sob, sob)

Christ, she had me wishing that everyone in that town had died. Not really, of course, but, god, it was annoying.

All that being said, I have nothing but good wishes for her, healthwise. I just wish she'd go away.

by Anonymousreply 2102/04/2013

Enid, do you know how to pronounce "Pass Christian" ?

by Anonymousreply 2202/04/2013

R18 That's some feat, considering the show's only two hours long!

by Anonymousreply 2302/04/2013

OP, enough with the "quotation marks" in your "screed" against the gal. You come off sounding like an SNL "sketch" starring Chris Farley and his "invisible finger" quotation sketch.

by Anonymousreply 2402/04/2013

Actually, the show never recovered from the loss of ME!

by Anonymousreply 2602/04/2013

I agree, Joan!

Everyone since you left is no comparison.

I cannot think of GMA without thinking of you.

They should hire you back immediately.

by Anonymousreply 2702/04/2013

OP = Asshat

by Anonymousreply 2902/04/2013

I don't watch GMA but I have corresponded with Robin Roberts before and I can say that she is a very, very kind woman. That's all I have to share.

by Anonymousreply 3002/04/2013

It's better than the daily funeral over at CBS starring Oprah Winfrey's best friend, Gayle something or another, doesn't matter as long as you remember Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 3102/04/2013

You couldn't be more wrong R31. CBS is the only network morning show with actual news.

by Anonymousreply 3202/04/2013

I actually miss Joan Lunden and old David what's his name.

by Anonymousreply 3302/04/2013

Chris Cuomo = morning wood

by Anonymousreply 3402/04/2013

I agree r34, but Josh Elliot is pure muscle and soooo sexy.

by Anonymousreply 3502/04/2013

When Lara Spencer was hosting one of the nightly entertainment shows, all I can remember is that the sound of her voice was like nails on a chalkboard. Just this loud, shrieking, harsh yelling, "AND! TONIGHT! WE'LL TALK WITH J-LO ABOUT HER UPCOMING TOUR AND INGROWN TOENAILS! YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS HER STARTLING CONFESSIONS!"

She's attractive and perky but that harsh tone cannot be endured. She speaks, no, yells, in all capital letters.

Carry on...

by Anonymousreply 3602/04/2013

Robin is very admired by a lot of the GMA audience. Fans are very concerned about her health and welfare. However, I do admit that GMA is milking her misfortune for ratings.

by Anonymousreply 3702/04/2013

Tim Tebow was on for practically the whole show this morning as a Super Bowl commentator. He looked like he was trying so hard not to flame away.

by Anonymousreply 3801/31/2014

The gayest show on tv.

by Anonymousreply 3902/01/2014

[quote]Tim Tebow was on for practically the whole show this morning as a Super Bowl commentator. He looked like he was trying so hard not to flame away.

And Josh was star struck the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 4002/01/2014

[quote]The gayest show on tv.

But somewhat less so now ...

by Anonymousreply 4102/01/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!