Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Russell Crowe Proves Himself to be a Humourless Douche. Again

Questioned about his awful English accent in "Robin Hood" he storms out of his interview after swearing up a storm. Bogan trash.

"SWEARING RUSSELL CROWE stormed out of a BBC interview after he was accused of making Robin Hood sound IRISH in his new film.

The New Zealander was being quizzed on Radio 4 about his dodgy Sherwood Forest accent when he lost his rag and yelled: "B****cks!"

Cursing Crowe, 46, flipped when interviewer MARK LAWSON suggested "hints" of Irish in his portrayal of the Nottingham legend - and asked the Hollywood hellraiser why.

"No I was going for an Italian... missed it? F*** me."

Crowe has seethed since critics at the Cannes premiere of Robin Hood slated his lilt.

by Anonymousreply 9602/24/2013

I remember reading somewhere that RC likes to play headgames with co-stars on set to provolk certain emotions needed for a performance. One fellow actor was treated so badly by Crowe that he almost had a breakdown over it. Crowe treated him like crap and cruelly ostracised him during filming, pulling childish pranks like inviting EVERYONE to parties except him. Crowe later admitted that the abuse was a manipulative strategy to get the kid to hate him so the character's hatred would be more believable on screen.

What. A. Douche!

by Anonymousreply 205/14/2010

Only a giant egotist plays those sort of games, the sort of person who is so insecure that he is incapable of trusting anyone.

by Anonymousreply 305/14/2010

You just know this movie will be a huge hit but only in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 405/14/2010

I think it will bomb. There is no buzz. I think American audiences still love the Costner version.

by Anonymousreply 505/14/2010

R2, if that's true, then I hope he does do "A Star is Born" with Beyonce. I'm sure that treating Beyonce like shit will go over really well with Jay-Z.

by Anonymousreply 605/14/2010

Russell Crowe = micro-penis and bad body odour

by Anonymousreply 705/14/2010

Oh, I think this will be a hit. The whole "I'm being burdened by overtaxing from a corrupt government" theme will really resonate.

This will be GLADIATOR for the Tea Party set.

by Anonymousreply 805/14/2010

I brefly saw Crowe and Blanchett talking with Matt Lauer, and he was relatively engaging, while she came off as a blase "why am I being forced to do this interview" snot.

by Anonymousreply 905/14/2010

"Crowe has seethed since critics at the Cannes premiere of Robin Hood slated his lilt."

...slated his lilt?

by Anonymousreply 1005/14/2010

R1, I remember that article. It was by an Australian journalist who was hired by Crowe to write about Crowe's music. I posted the link below. It's a great read. Very funny and insightful. I highly recommend it.

by Anonymousreply 1105/14/2010

[quote]while she came off as a blase "why am I being forced to do this interview" snot.

I heard she is an ice queen from some people who worked with her. She comes off as an insufferable snob in her interviews, too. It's a shame, since she has potential for greatness.

by Anonymousreply 1205/14/2010

Robin Hood is getting horrendous reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.com. Looks like a big floppero for Russell Crowe.

by Anonymousreply 1305/14/2010

I heard she is very conceited. But then again, ALL actors are assholes.

by Anonymousreply 1405/14/2010

Crowe is such an obvious asshole. After watching him at the Oscars (can't remember what he was up for) being way too intense, angry looking, too obsessed, I loathed him.

Then, a few years later, he hit the hotel worker with the telephone when he couldn't get through to his wife cinched it for me. I think he later apologized, but once an asshole, always an asshole.

Saw Cate in Streetcar at BAM. During curain calls, she NEVER came out alone, always with the other actors and exuded graciousness and comraderie. Also read that she was over an hour late for one performance because of an ice storm and I 95 being clogged with accidents (she was coming from CT). She apologized to the audience and thanked them for staying. Seems like a very decent person, not stuck up, kind.

by Anonymousreply 1505/14/2010

I used to be a fan of Crowe's acting, until I found out what sort of human being he was. Now, I can't stand to watch him.

Which seriously makes me wonder where the whole Hollywood pubicity industry went so wrong. If they had the sense to just let this guy act and not expose his dreadful self to the public, he'd be much more successful.

by Anonymousreply 1605/14/2010

If you had spent as much time in the last year with obnoxious asshole Russell Crowe as I have, you'd be totally over it, too.

by Anonymousreply 1705/14/2010

Yes, r18: those apples are indeed exactly like these oranges.

by Anonymousreply 1905/14/2010

r18, you win the FALSE EQUIVALENCY award of the day.

And thank you r11 for posting that article. That was the one I was thinking of.

by Anonymousreply 2005/14/2010

Goddamn you posters sound like a bunch of frauen in the Walmart cafe.

I love how you "can't stand" him or how she's a "snob". You think you know these people because of what you saw on Entertainment Tonight or The View?

Morons.

by Anonymousreply 2105/14/2010

That's a great link, r11. No doubt, he's a douche, but I can and have enjoyed some of his performances. Loved L.A. Confidential.

by Anonymousreply 2205/14/2010

I also think it's funny when people believe their individual 9 dollar movie ticket is somehow of consequence to this star's bank account or the film's success.

by Anonymousreply 2405/14/2010

[quote]also think it's funny when people believe their individual 9 dollar movie ticket is somehow of consequence to this star's bank account or the film's success.

If it weren't important, actors would not hire press agents to manage their publicity and protect their public image. They know that if the public hates them, it hurts their bank accounts.

by Anonymousreply 2505/14/2010

[quote]I love how you "can't stand" him or how she's a "snob". You think you know these people because of what you saw on Entertainment Tonight or The View?

What the fuck are you doing on a gossip web site?

by Anonymousreply 2605/14/2010

[quote]Goddamn you posters sound like a bunch of frauen in the Walmart cafe.

You're the one defending movie stars for acting like assholes, and WE'RE the ones who sound like the frauen?

Go back to your bon bons and adulatory celebrity magazines scattered on your chaise longue, Mary Jane. Or take off those maribou-trimmed mules: they sound like they're pinching your toes.

by Anonymousreply 2805/14/2010

[quote]there's a difference between gossip and jumping to moronic conclusions, you know?

Really? What would that be?

by Anonymousreply 2905/14/2010

Crowe has proven himself to be a douche time and again in interviews and in his public behavior. That's not hearsay or gossip, it's fact.

by Anonymousreply 3005/14/2010

His biggest problem in life is that he cannot stand for anyone to get the better of him in any way or to take him less than 100% seriously.

by Anonymousreply 3105/14/2010

Wait, Russ is from New Zealand? I though he was an Aussie through and through.

by Anonymousreply 3205/14/2010

Russell was born in New Zealand, but was raised in Australia.

by Anonymousreply 3305/14/2010

Blanchett is sort of dull in the trailers.

by Anonymousreply 3405/14/2010

Mad men dont change

by Anonymousreply 3505/14/2010

Differences between Crowe and Blanchett couldn't be more different here in Sydney. He bought himself a football team and can often be seen on TV in the stands basking in the glory - oh wait, they lose all the time. Once they were ahead in the game and a shot of him in the stands had him giving the gladiator thumbs down thing.

Conversely, Blanchett runs the Sydney Theatre Company with her husband, is often around the place, and gives her all to promote theatre in the city.

by Anonymousreply 3605/14/2010

R21's got it right. This sort of sniping is high-schoolish. If you're going to speculate about his personality, at least be clever or interesting.

by Anonymousreply 3705/14/2010

What are you doing on Datalounge Russell/R37? Your obsession with controlling your public image is out of hand.

R11. Wow! That article makes RC out to be the very definition of a narcissist. That journalist really didn't want to believe all the bad press. He wanted to like him and tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but Russell proved himself to be exactly what everyone says he is---100% grade A douche.

by Anonymousreply 3805/14/2010

The reporter insulted him. Why should he sit there and take it? Christ, some of you might as well have Welcome tattooed on your backs.

by Anonymousreply 3905/14/2010

No he didn't R39. Quite the opposite. He whored himself and kissed Russell's ass 'til he just couldn't anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4005/14/2010

I want to read that writer's book about his rockstar idol. Who's it about?

by Anonymousreply 4105/14/2010

Good for him! I, too, have dealt with underhanded press trash and you can't reason with them. You must simply end the interview with a loud and dramatic exit. It's like they don't know who they're talking to.

by Anonymousreply 4205/14/2010

Actually, the thing about Crowe's asshole-ism is that it leaks into his films. An actor of his caliber can't be told no. So all of his movies become insufferable vanity projects. If he had a shred of humility, his movies would be better.

by Anonymousreply 4305/14/2010

I love Ridley Scott but he needs to stop sucking Russell's dick and make a movie without him.

by Anonymousreply 4505/14/2010

Really R44? Is it just an opinion that he threw a phone at someone's face? He admits it.

by Anonymousreply 4605/14/2010

Well of course the phone throwing is a fact.

Opinion is based on preception.

Fact means it is actually true.

Calling someone a douche is an opinion, not a fact.

by Anonymousreply 4705/14/2010

Well, it is a fact that when an opinion is shared by 90% or more of the population, it is then fact.

So Russell Crowe is a douche and so is R47/44 (assuming you are not one and the same).

Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 4805/14/2010

[quote] Calling someone a douche is an opinion, not a fact.

After he admitted throwing an object hard enough to injure a hotel clerk and was arrested for it and pled guilty to it?

You're full of horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 4905/14/2010

R9. I got the exact same impression during the Crowe/Blanchett interview with Matt Lauer. He was actually okay; she gave the impression that she was there because she had to be there.

But nonetheless, I kind of like the trailers and would like to see this movie even though I can't stand Crowe.

by Anonymousreply 5005/14/2010

Did anyone catch him on Craig Ferguson the other night? Crowe said he was getting on a plane to fly to England to see his wife and Ferguson reached over, picked up the phone on the side of his desk, and offered to let Crowe use it to call his wife.

Crowe flashed, but Ferguson did it with such innocence that Crowe let it go.

by Anonymousreply 5105/14/2010

Haha R51, that's awesome.

by Anonymousreply 5205/14/2010

What is amazing is that like Jackman, Crowe has lived with his 'assistant' for the entire length of his marriage and nobody seems to have noticed. This pretty boy appears by his side at every public appearance as well as being his constant companion in private. Look through some shots and see if you can spot the young man. Same face, every time.

by Anonymousreply 5305/15/2010

Even Sean Penn doesn't pull this shit and he's got one of the all-time great Hollywood tempers.

by Anonymousreply 5405/15/2010

Its the same old story. A male actor can get away with this shit. Crowe will continue to get big parts. Johnny Depp trashed hotel rooms and Robert Downey Jr did god knows what, but they were given chance after chance until they hit it. If Cate Blanchett or Kate Winslet acted like this they'd be out of the game so quickly their Oscars would jump ship.

by Anonymousreply 5505/15/2010

Calling someone a 'douche' is so low-brow and unintelligent.

Makes the name-caller seem less than intelligent.

And I agree that gossip and jumping to moronic conclusions are very different.

by Anonymousreply 5605/15/2010

Mindi was mean to me in the lunchroom today! She REFUSED to speak to me. She's such a SNOB, just like Russell Crowe. And I HATE THEM BOTH.

by Anonymousreply 5705/15/2010

Good lord, we have the Crowe hag crew here once again defending this man. The guy is an asshole with serious anger and emotional issues.

The only reason Crowe was pissed during this interview is because he's pissed that the majority of critics are panning his movie. This is similar to the lead up to his assault on the hotel clerk - an incident that Crowe's fans amazingly blamed on the hotel clerk. At that time Crowe got pissed when he realized that Cinderella Man was not going to have a great opening weekend.

by Anonymousreply 5805/15/2010

R58...hot (to some) str8 white men can do no wrong in the eyes of many here on DL. See Eminem and the Amazing Race Cowboy who called a contestant a f__. They both have been defended vigorously here.

by Anonymousreply 5905/15/2010

More please on r53's allegation ......

by Anonymousreply 6005/15/2010

Yeah, yeah whatever

by Anonymousreply 6105/15/2010

He is a great actor but man, he does need to grow up and get into therapy or something. He sounds like one miserable human being. I don't know how his wife puts up with him. Why is he so angry?

by Anonymousreply 6205/15/2010

"I love Ridley Scott but he needs to stop sucking Russell's dick and make a movie without him."

He did.

by Anonymousreply 6305/15/2010

So r56 and others, do you have the same problems and "concerns" when female celebrities are attacked time and time again on this board and called "cunts" for a lot less than Crowe's behavior?

Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 6505/15/2010

Russell Crowe must have an army of publicists if he can afford to have one dedicated to posting on DL.

by Anonymousreply 6605/15/2010

They don't need a PR army, as its not that big a job, R66. The interns or the fan-site maintainers do it for free, and actually feel privileged in the process.

by Anonymousreply 6705/15/2010

Wow, Russell Crowe is sure an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 6805/15/2010

[quote]You just know this movie will be a huge hit but only in the U.S.

Actually R4, it seems that it will be a huge hit everywhere BUT the US.

Most likely, the Universal Pictures movie will underperform stateside, but will more than make up for it internationally. As you can probably tell from its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival, Universal is banking on its international gross dominating. And Robin Hood has already grossed $6 million in three countries — France, Belgium, and the French-speaking side of Switzerland — since the film’s May 12 release in the areas. (The studio will open the movie in over 50 international territories this weekend. (via EW, Hollywood Insider)

by Anonymousreply 6905/15/2010

That Sydney Morning Herald article is amazing.

A perfect example of how isolated and neurotic a celebrity actor (or director or musician) can get, and how much damage they can do their own careers and public images when they don't have something creative do to.

Every PR person who reads that link must get nightmares about their most nutty clients.

Journalists, too, must see themselves in it, any time some interviewee goes "I'm only confiding this in *you*"

by Anonymousreply 7005/15/2010

At this point I don't even blame Crowe for this latest fiasco.

He's demonstrated that he's a 6-foot prick with ears so many times and in so many ways that the real question is why in Hell any PR Person or Studio exec even flirts with sending him on tour to promote his movies. Seriously, has this tool ever said or did anything on a tour that didn't hurt box office? Why do they keep doing it?

Far better to lock him in away in Australia for 30 days before the movie opens and let the picture speak for itself.

by Anonymousreply 7105/15/2010

Russell Crowe can be a prick any time he wants to be.

by Anonymousreply 7205/15/2010

64, I don't know how you can read "seething" in that post. It is sadle an observation that is all too obvious to all but the likes of blind fan clubbers.

One doesn't need to meet Russell Crowe to witness his behavior over the years. He is a violent thug who somehow thinks he's smarter than everyone else and, quite frankly, he's not. And I certainly am not going to listen to middle aged women who traipse all over the globe following this fool and think they "know" him.

This movie's bloated budget will almost assuredly keep it from turning a profit.

by Anonymousreply 7305/16/2010

"Far better to lock him in away in Australia for 30 days before the movie opens and let the picture speak for itself."

Honestly, why don't they? Send him out on the interview circut and he kills the box-office, so I don't understand why the film's publicity staff doesn't get creative instead of trying the same old losing strategy.

Instead, why don't they lock him in a farmhouse with few dozen cases of booze to keep him happy, and then put out the story that he vanished while driving from Perth to Melbourne? The whole world could fret over whether he's dead in the outback, and some of us would spend a bit of money on our last chance to see him act, beause he is a pretty good actor even though he's an asshole.

I don't know that his publicist would do for his next film, but at this rate he isn't going to get a next film anyway.

by Anonymousreply 7405/16/2010

Yes, R62, using the terms 'douche' and 'cunt' is very low-brow and unintelligent.

by Anonymousreply 7505/16/2010

[quote]And yet you're seething because remarks on an anonymous message about a man you don't know and will never meet aren't to your liking...

First of all, as someone else pointed out, he didn't sound at all like he's "seething with anger"--that's completely your own projection.

Second, [bold]OF COURSE[/bold] people on Datalounge are making judgements about celebrities we will never know or never meet...that's the whole point of this forum. If you don't like that you are completely on the wrong forum. (But of course you DO like it when it's about anyone other than cRusty... otherwise you wouldn't be here in the first place.)

by Anonymousreply 7605/16/2010

is anyone surprised he hasn't changed?

the same asshole that threw a phone at a hotel employee is still around.

by Anonymousreply 7705/16/2010

[quote]Instead, why don't they lock him in a farmhouse with few dozen cases of booze to keep him happy, and then put out the story that he vanished while driving from Perth to Melbourne? The whole world could fret over whether he's dead in the outback, and some of us would spend a bit of money on our last chance to see him act, beause he is a pretty good actor even though he's an asshole.

Brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 7805/16/2010

How does Russell's wife stay married to him? Oh yeah, he has money. Money that Meg Ryan could have used to correct her awful plastic surgery. Meg and Russell, boy, was that a miss match or what?

by Anonymousreply 7905/17/2010

Russell just directed his wife's music video. That's what she gets out of the relationship - a record deal bought and paid for by Rusty. I live in Sydney and have never heard of the broad, so God knows who will buy this crap.

by Anonymousreply 8005/17/2010

He did direct this video a while back.

by Anonymousreply 8105/17/2010

I read his wife supposedly has a stronger personality than he. you can't be a doormat to such a jerk.

by Anonymousreply 8205/17/2010

Who is the insane lunatic here defending asshole Crowe and his loutish, boorish, abusive behavior? Behavior, I might add, documented repeatedly over the years.

I work in the film industry and have met the man socially several times. Shorter than you'd think, pudgy and reeks of anger management issues. The kind of guy who likely would have wound up in prison for assault had he not been anointed a movie star.

And dimwitted R24 - here's a rule of basic economics: If enough people don't buy a product - or a movie ticket - the product (or movie) doesn't sell and the people making that product (or movie) don't profit. So if audiences dislike Russell Crowe so much that they refuse to pay to see his films, the people who hired him won't hire him again, and if his salary is actually a percentage of the film's revenue, he doesn't make money, either.

Simple enough for ya?

by Anonymousreply 8305/17/2010

well, I think his days of $20 million paychecks will be over soon. However, he's a rich man, probably invested wisely. I wish he'd show some humility instead of being a jerk. IMO he is still a good actor, almost great, it's just that it goes to his head.

by Anonymousreply 8405/17/2010

btw, that video he directed for his wife was pretentiously awful.

by Anonymousreply 8505/17/2010

[quote] I think American audiences still love the Costner version.

Yes, Kevin Costner - now there's a man who knows how to do a British accent!

by Anonymousreply 8605/17/2010

Is there anyone besides Ridley Scott who will work with him? I'm talking directors here. What happened to Ron Howard? Did Russell burn bridges with him? One would think that is not possible since RH is such a nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 8705/17/2010

I've actually got to like Russell (including because he stopped the cheer girls at his footy club).

by Anonymousreply 8805/17/2010

r53, are you saying Crowe is gay too?

So his marriage to his wife is also arranged?

by Anonymousreply 8905/17/2010

I see a lot of people saying that they hate Crowe because he is an insufferable boor that actually taints the projects with his self-aggrandizing personality. That it's his inability to treat people with the same respect that he expects. Because actors are supposed to be able to act like they give a shit about something, or someone else, besides themselves, because humility is genuinely attractive; but Crowe keeps on proving that he can't do that, he can't even act it. And it's that that pisses good, honest, far-sighted and upstanding people off.

I also see a lot of sycophantic followers here who seem to have a deep personal relationship with him because they start crying "gay" for someone having read the entertainment section, when their own statements suggest they would gladly take his wife's place in bed.

The fact is that Crowe is a detriment to every studio that employs him. Perhaps they haven't realized it, perhaps they don't care, but there are thousands upon thousand of people who are going to skip the next movie that they would have forked money out for just because Crowe is in it. Man of Steel, The Dark Tower, The Justice League... Any movie or franchise that he is attached to will suffer. Of course if you want to go see the movie a few extra times to make up for the rest of us, that's okay, because it's not the bright, noble, far-sighted and good, upstanding & morally virtuous, people who disdain him.

by Anonymousreply 9002/24/2013

Goddamn it! What I meant to say was:

"Of course if you want to go see the movie a few extra times to make up for the rest of us, that's okay, because it's not the bright, noble, far-sighted and good, upstanding & morally virtuous, people who like him."

by Anonymousreply 9102/24/2013

Who are you babbling to, R90? This thread is ancient. Why did you bump it?

by Anonymousreply 9202/24/2013

Coke booze and whores are his issues.

by Anonymousreply 9302/24/2013

Fightin' 'round the world!

by Anonymousreply 9402/24/2013

Jesus, he's still in his forties?! I honestly thought he was Travolta's age.

by Anonymousreply 9502/24/2013

He's probably still smarting from his star turn in Les Miserables. From the first frame I saw a look one his face that said 'Holy fuck, I gotta sing!'

by Anonymousreply 9602/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.