Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Old TV shows that you wish you could bring back for new episodes

Let's suspend reality and suppose that we could bring back any TV show from the past, with the same characters who (aged or not aged -your choice). You can pick up where the story ended or move the time and place of the action. Carte Blanche.

What show would you choose to bring back?

For example, I would bring back the show "Falcon Crest" and have Cole and Lance's sons fighting over control of the vineyard while Angela, pretending to be feeble and in a wheelchair, still pulls all of the strings behind the scenes. Lance's son, Antonio, would be a big queen and really have a tough time following his great-grandmother Angela's constant command to "butch it up". Cole's son, Jason, would be a born-again Christian with his own sexual issues. Scandal abounds and Angela ends every episode by wringing her hands and saying, "What the hell is in the wine?"

What's your pick?

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 8909/08/2013

Dallas. The surprise twist is it turned into a hospital drama in which all of the characters die of their excesses.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 105/11/2010

Forever Knight, loved that series and wish it could have went on a few more seasons at least...

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 205/11/2010

"The Edge of Night."

More mysteries and crime.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 305/11/2010

Cole and Melissa's son was named Joseph. Did Lance have a son later in the series? I stopped watching when Chase died.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 405/11/2010

"Scarecrow and Mrs. King" but instead of Russian enemies, they would be dealing with bad guys from Pakistan and Venezuela.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 505/11/2010

"The Secret Storm" - Myra Lake Ames returns from Africa and reveals that she didn't get the final decree processed. Jerry Ames and Susan split. Their wedding and reception lasted four months. The divorce trial lasts only three weeks and Jerry comes out of the closet and runs off to Boston to marry Susan's lawyer.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 605/11/2010

The Simpsons.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 705/11/2010

I just want the old gang at Mary Tyler Moore working at WJM again.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 805/11/2010

Designing Women and Will & Grace.

The two best written sitcoms in the past 25 years.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 905/11/2010

St. Elsewhere, Hill Street Blues, LA Law.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 1005/11/2010

"The Lawrence Welk Show" - The Otwell Twins are outed after appearing in a seancody video, "Tucson Twincest." Tom Netherton sings Irving Berlin's "The Boy That I Marry" and announces that he's getting married to his boyfriend in Iowa. Norma Zimmer comes out in a wheel-chair and lipsynchs "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" that she recorded in 1967.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 1105/11/2010

Angel.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 1205/11/2010

The Designing Women come back for Julia's funeral. We'll get to see how Payne has gone to hell and whose wife is fat.

Suzanne will organize the funeral in her best "Scarlett O'Hara" mode. But it will somehow manage to be about her.

Charlene and Bill will arrive with both of them looking great. Olivia is now a bull dyke who Charlene forces to wear a dress. Alas, Trevor, their 14 year old, wants to wear the dress more than his sister.

Anthony will dress as Madea because he is currently channeling Tyler Perry. Etienne is still in denial about Anthony being on the down low but will also give him advice about dressing better in drag.

Mary Jo and J.D. got back together, got married, had one child, but then divorced because they realized, yet again, that they were not meant for each other. Little Belva (named after Mary Jo's friend Belva MacPhearson) is a holy terror - and also the same age as Mary Jo's grandchild, Brett Maverick, son of Claudia and her black husband Tyrone.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 1305/11/2010

This one is easy. Miami Vice. MTV cops plus '80s music plus Jan Hammer's fantastic instrumentals.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 1405/11/2010

THE COMEBACK

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 1505/11/2010

"The Mary Tyler Moore Show" has Mr. Grant retiring and the job goes to Miles Silverberg. Mary becomes a news anchor and Jamie Oliver is filling in for Sue Ann Nivens who is on maternity leave. His segment is "The Shirtless Chef."

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 1605/11/2010

Firefly

Alien Nation

Pushing Dasies

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 1705/11/2010

WKRP in Cincinnati. I want the same characters at the same age they were when the show went off, it can just keep going from there. Oz is another one I'd like to see, only it could be 5 years in the future from when it stopped. It would be interesting to see which of the main characters that were still alive when it ended had died, and what the ones still alive now were doing.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 1805/11/2010

"Family" We were all in love with Willie.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 1905/11/2010

"Gunsmoke: The Next Generation" opens with mourners at Marshal Dillon's funeral. He's buried alongside his wife, Miss Kitty. Cheyenne Jackson is cast as the new marshal, Nat Bastardson, and his assistant is, Rastas Mahoney, played by Zac Efron. Jake Gyllenhaal shows off his buffed bod as Rufus Sufur, the blacksmith who also runs the stables. Sarah Jessica Parker is Marshal Bastardson's horse. Gabourey Sidibe is Miss Gabby, who runs the saloon. Her boyfriend, Antnee, was supposed to be played by Gary Coleman but she accidently sat on him during rehearsal. His funeral is Saturday.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 2005/11/2010

Daria

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 2105/11/2010

Dynasty 2010 Alexis is now a Rupert Murdoch-esque media tycoon, who owns a tabloidish 24-hour cable news network, which she uses to lash out at her enemies. Fallon runs Alexis' satellite radio company, where she hosts a weekly show dealing with unexplained and paranormal phenomena. Blake and Krystle's daughter, Krystina, is a hardcore famewhore who is the star of a Vh1 reality series. Steven still owns the Denver Monarchs and is fucking one of his wide receivers, played by Twilight's Kellan Lutz. Unable to deal with the loss of her looks, Sammy Jo has turned to Botox and prescription drugs. She frequenetly has hit and run accidents in her car, which sends the DPD to the Delta Rho Stables to investigate. Dominique Deveraux is still working the hotel lounges in Denver, where she croons to crowds of 5 or 6.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 2205/11/2010

Designing Women!

With the original cast plus Randa (that little cunt) taking over after Julia's death.

Angel!

Cordelia returns from the dead and her, Angel and Wesley go back to being a detective agency. Lindsay and Lila now run the evil law firm. Fred and Gun are dead and Lorne returns to his dimension.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 2305/11/2010

Remington Steele

Mildred Krebs has killed off Steele and Laura Holt and is running the detective agency with Kate Columbo.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 2405/11/2010

Wonderfalls

Wonder Years

Ally McBeal

China Beach

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 2605/12/2010

Mary Hartman 2010, Mary Hartman 2010. Now in her sixties but living alone in the same Early American tract house, Mary copes with widowhood, the cratering of the American dream, her inability to operate a Swiffer, anxiety over the earthquake in Haiti and the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the late-life lesbianism of her neighbor Loretta, Glade Plug-Ins, Facebook, the growing knowledge that everything she's been taught is a tissue of lies, a gnawing feeling that the world is about to come to an end, and the fact that Activia doesn't provide the colonic relief it promises.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 2705/12/2010

I love you, R27 .

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 2805/12/2010

"Hawaii Five-O" Det. Steve McGarrett has retired and Scott Caan is now the lead detective of an elite squad of the Hawaii State Police that report only to the Governor. You'll see Jonathan Groff as his sidekick and Jean Smart will be the Governor of Hawaii.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 2905/12/2010

I hated the old Hawaii Five-O but I'd definitely tune in to R29's version.

Especially if Caan and Groff were shirtless a lot.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 3005/12/2010

The Merv Griffin Show starring Ryan Seacrest.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 3105/12/2010

Another vote for Gunsmoke, but let the writers from Deadwood have a go at it. I would love to see what went on upstairs at the Long Branch Saloon.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 3205/12/2010

ONe word - Maude

>>>THE COMEBACK

Lisa Kudrow has a web series that's supposed to be really good

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 3305/12/2010

Damn! Where do all the dense, boring people come from? Remember when a thread like this would be filled with a hundred imaginative scenarios?

[bold]Not:[/bold]

Friends

Seinfeld

Everybody Loves Raymond

World According to Jim

Wonderfalls

Wonder Years

Ally McBeal

China Beach

Firefly

Alien Nation

Pushing Dasies

Designing Women and Will & Grace

St. Elsewhere, Hill Street Blues, LA Law.

Was it prime time or troll-dar that chased away most of the creative people from DL?

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 3405/12/2010

Both, R34.

I also love R27.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 3505/12/2010

It was bad but i'd watch boy meets boy again.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 3705/12/2010

Davey and Goliath, but let Paul Rubens produce it.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 3805/12/2010

Magnum P.I.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 4005/12/2010

"Anderson Live" returns with a new studio in Chicago on the Oprah Winfrey Network. His first guests are Queen Latifah and her new husband, Lamar Odom.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 4209/02/2013

Young Justice!

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 4409/02/2013

Funny how R1's wish became a reality. Perhaps he's psychic.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 4509/02/2013

I would LOVE for someone to remake THE AVENGERS, the classic Patrick Macnee/Diana Rigg spy series from the 60s (and the only REAL Avengers in my book, not that fake-ass Iron Man movie shit from last year).

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 4609/02/2013

The Pretender. Jarod comes out and has an affair with Mr. Lyle( James Denton). Miss Parker's real background as a high priced NY dominatrix is revealed in graphic flashbacks. Sydney is revealed as the son of Dr. Mengele.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 4709/02/2013

Twin Peaks, same town, same atmospherics new mystery

Gilmore Girls, focusing on Richard and Emily

Batman 66-68, to lighten the mood of a sour genre

Bay City Blues, more bare asses in locker rooms in primetime

SWAT

Misfits Of Science, still with Courtney Cox

Manimal!

Eastwick, best Rebecca Romijn has been

Swingtown, Quiana!

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 4809/02/2013

Agree with SWINGTOWN. A show that risque never had a chance on network TV, which is why it should have been on HBO or Showtime.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 4909/02/2013

It really got the era right, at least from the kids' POV. As you say, too much for network TV.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 5009/02/2013

R38 smashing idea!

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 5109/02/2013

Cher music-variety hour

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 5209/02/2013

"The Ed Sullivan Show" hosted by Neil Patrick Harris.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 5309/03/2013

Well of course...the best show ever on television:

"The Mary Tyler Moore Show"

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 5409/03/2013

Survivors. Not the reality show. The British post-viral-outbreak show where most people are dead and the rest is chaos.

John Doe. Didn't make it past 1 season or so with Dominic Purcell.

Kings. I would have liked to see where they took it after one season.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 5509/03/2013

I agree that "The Comeback" left way before it's time, and it could be more relevant than ever. Valerie Cherish is almost a decade older (and a decade more desperate), and reality TV has just become even more of an octopus. I'd love to see her trying out for "Survivor" like Lisa Whelchel.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 5609/03/2013

I wish they would bring back King of the Hill on FOX. It still had some legs left on it. I wouldn't mind seeing Hank and Peggy having another child as Bobby was getting older. I could care less about Brittany Murphy being dead so they could just recast Luanne, or have her and her white trash family move away.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 5709/03/2013

Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 5809/03/2013

"Normal, Ohio", John Goodman's series.I know, too recent, but it was never given a chance, they could just continue it from the point where it left off.The cast was phenomenal. "The Bob Newhart Show", with special emphasis on his group therapy people(Florida Friebus[the mom on "Dobie Gillis"] was my favorite) Also like to see, "Laugh In",thank you r58, but it'd probably bomb quickly. Anyone remember "Hank"? Of course not, you're all 23yo. It was a sweet little "Awwwwww........." series. I need sweet at this time of my life. And resurrect Eve Arden for another year or two of "Our Miss Brooks".

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 5909/03/2013

Leave it to Beaver

Beaver walks in on Ward teaching Wally how to jack off.

Ward: "You know what else is fun, Wally? Try stroking mine while I stroke yours. Yeah, you can put your lips on mine, too. That's the way, son. Oh, hello, Beaver. You're not quite ready for this, but you can watch if you want. Wally and I will teach you all this once you start growing some grass on the playground."

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 6009/03/2013

I agree with R18...WKRP was hands down my favorite sitcom ever.

I would also like to see a present day follow up on all the old "Newlywed Games" from the 70s...I watch them now and wonder if those marriages made it, what happened to all those people...they seemed so normal, and remind me of my parents before they divorced and the whole world flushed down the toilet.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 6109/03/2013

"This Is Your Life" with some very special surprises. Let one of the first subjects be Mark Wahlberg where they bring out the Asian man he blinded.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 6209/03/2013

'Futurama.' Again. And again and again.

Definitely, 'Frasier.'

The UK, 'Being Human', but with Russell Tovey, again, but also keeping that new hot Damien guy, as well.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 6309/03/2013

r60 Eewww.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 6409/03/2013

I'm surprised no one has mentioned The Golden Girls. Not that I'm suggesting it myself, just surprised it hasn't been mentioned.

My vote is for Battle of the Network Stars, and the gents have to wear speedos. You can be sure NBC would be finding a new Robert Conrad vehicle.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 6509/03/2013

R65, I have an idea for an all-male version of The Golden Girls. It's just for fun, and would have come out around the same time that the real TGG came out (mid '80s). Coincidentally, Robert Conrad is the "Blanche". If it was updated for today, Scott Bakula would be my "Blanche".

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 6609/03/2013

The New Mickey Mouse Club for 77 and Firefly, the pretender

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 6709/03/2013

Sex & the City, if we could just forget the movies ever happened.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 6809/03/2013

Actually, R68, I'm surprised they haven't come back to do another season. Nothing that happened in the movies (or in the last episode of the series) made it impossible for them to pick up where they left off, plus I'd be willing to bet all of the ladies would be more than happy to do it again (and I think there's still enough time before they are all officially too old).

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 6909/03/2013

The Carol Burnett Show --- the cast at their ages circa 1974..... they have 40 years worth of movies and tv shows to parody......

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 7009/03/2013

"Quantum Leap". Just for a decent finale.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 7109/03/2013

Firefly, dammit.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 7209/03/2013

Edge of Night would be perfect for a reboot!

I have a feeling we will see The Comeback again.

Another season of Scrubs where JD and Turk actually become gay.

Swingtown was gone too soon. There was a lot more to be said about suburban life in the 70s. Grant Show and Josh Hopkins have some steamy full frontal sex scenes as they "experiment" in the hot tub. (HBO)

New episodes of Once & Again with still hot Billy and Sela helping their lesbian daughter Evan Rachel Wood raise her baby after Mischa Barton dumps her.

Not being able to ever decide between Jordan and Brian, My So Called Life's Angela goes a little nuts, changes her name to Carrie and starts hunting terrorists.

The Gilmore Way--(stealing from above poster) sitcom with the day to day happenings at Gilmore mansion, focusing on Emily and Richard (who is now governor). Suki is the chef, Michel is Emily's chief of staff, Paris is Richard's press secretary. Surprise guest stars play Emily's revolving maids each week.

Lorelei and Rory are never seen.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 7309/03/2013

thirtysomething

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 7409/03/2013

My Mother The Car Comes back. The bull dyke marries a fluffy Mazda Miata in Provincetown and they open up a garage together.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 7509/03/2013

Loved Swingtown. Love the peek into the sexy life of any air pilot ....

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 7609/04/2013

[R61]

If you look for old Newlywed Games on Youtube and read the comments underneath, some of the people in the videos are there commenting on their lives. Some of the stories, are sad, though, I must warn you.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 7709/04/2013

I agree R73, they should just dust off all of Henry Sleaser old scripts and do a remake. Air it in late-night

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 7809/04/2013

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 7909/04/2013

Robin Hood with a resurrected Guy of Gisborne (aka Richard Armitage).

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 8009/04/2013

Blakes 7

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 8109/04/2013

[quote] wish it could have went on

oh dear

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 8209/04/2013

Bewitched, Where Endora turns every hot man into a sex starved homosexualist!

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 8309/04/2013

I'll Fly Away

A Year in the Life [if only bringing it back could mean bringing David Oliver back to life].

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 8409/04/2013

"Frank's Place" Loved that show, great acting, dealt with many interesting themes. If you want to see one of the greatest acting jobs of all times, try and find the FP episode that had Conchata Farrell playing a lawyer, trying to get justice for an elderly black woman who had helped raise her.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 8509/04/2013

Pink Lady.

The trouble with Pink Lady is that after you see it, an hour later you want to see more.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 8609/08/2013

COP ROCK!---Cops solve crimes in between singing songs to each other!

(Wiki) Cop Rock attempted to combine police procedural with musical theatre, the former a genre in which Bochco had already been very successful with Hill Street Blues. The series centered on the LAPD and featured an ensemble cast that mixed musical numbers and choreography throughout storylines. For example, one courtroom scene in the pilot episode had the jury break into song, proclaiming their verdict on the defendant ("He's Guilty") Gospel-style. Another episode had a lineup of Hispanic suspects proclaim in song "We're the local color with the coppertone skin / And you treat us like we're guilty of some terrible sin." The show also featured crossover appearances from other Bochco series; one episode featured James B. Sikking reprising his Hill Street Blues role of Lt. Howard Hunter, while another episode featured cameos by L.A. Law stars Jimmy Smits and Michele Greene.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 8709/08/2013

The Donna Reed Show. I'm curious how they would have treated the Vietnam War, Jeff Stone's involement in it, or Trish's impending puberty.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 8809/08/2013

That live action Spider Man show.

by Little Ricky all grown up and too hot to be believedreply 8909/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.