Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

David Burtka

What's his story? Is it true that he left Simon Halls (Matthew Bomer's partner) for NPH after he had legally adopted Simon's children?

by Anonymousreply 5211/28/2013

I don't think he was ever with Simon Halls.

by Anonymousreply 105/08/2010

He does have boy/girl twins that he legally adopted with his ex, (the boy has one of those annoying modern names like "Jayden" or something; a picture was posted to Flickr of Neil giving him a piggyback ride last year), but I have no idea who the ex is.

by Anonymousreply 205/08/2010

His ex is Lane Janger. They were together for nearly 5 years. The thing with Simon Halls is just bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 303/17/2011

The pic you are talking about was made at Lane%C2%B4s birthday party.

by Anonymousreply 403/17/2011

I have no idea if he ever was with Simon Halls (there%C2%B4s a fierce discussion going on in another thread) and I personally don%C2%B4t care, but the twins he helped raising are definitely Lane%C2%B4s.

And they%C2%B4re really cute, I think!

Interesting though, that apparently David was called "papa" by them; whereas now he says he%C2%B4s just a "very special uncle".

by Anonymousreply 503/17/2011

Sweet! Sorry David and Lane broke up. They would form a great family. :)

by Anonymousreply 603/17/2011

Any idea why they broke up?

by Anonymousreply 703/17/2011

Cuz he's a whore, darlin' R7.

by Anonymousreply 803/17/2011

R5

Yeah I read the "special uncle" thing. What an asshole!

by Anonymousreply 912/16/2011

I helped raise someone elses kids once they called me auntie mae I was never mommy. Also I grew up around him, and from mutual friends here's his story as I know it. He was never with halls. He moved to ny shortly after graduation started working od jobs and auditioning for shows worked on broadway for a while met janger who was in the process of having kids, dated him a while helped out with the kids, kept working on broadway and. In jangers movie flops won the clarence denwort rising star award and was nominated for the fred astair award so he must have been doing pretty well for himslef on broadway. Things went south with janger who as I undderstand it started steppiing out on david who broke things off

by Anonymousreply 1008/11/2012

r10=mlop

by Anonymousreply 1108/11/2012

You call that doing well? Butka got all his help/support/leg up via Lane-see all his involvements were somehow related to Lane's contacts-and then had a fling with Halls-then we see all his prods related to Simon Halls-and then he got together with NPH...etc ec you get the picture.

by Anonymousreply 1208/29/2013

Why would you answer this three year old thread?

What the hell is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 1308/29/2013

Lane Janger's cute, but for an opportunist like Burtka, his lack of A-name status, and network TV show income, were a big minus - so Burtka moved on . He's cute, but that young, fresh faced chorus boy look has now faded, going by the most recent pics, and his face , and body , seemed to have settled, literally, into a reluctant acceptance , that he will always be the 'spouse' of a famous person. I do think the move of the couple, to NYC, is Burtka's last reach at the brass ring, hoping to get a lead in a Broadway musical, or some other stage gig, where he feels his talent truly lies. My prediction - if nothing happens for him, career wise, within a couple years, he, and NPH will split, after Burtka is caught sleeping with some broadway director, or producer, in a last, desperate, attempt at breaking into the 'big time'.

by Anonymousreply 1408/29/2013

Joel, u crazy!!!

by Anonymousreply 1508/29/2013

R12 He never dated Simon Halls, it's just a rumour.

by Anonymousreply 1608/29/2013

Burtka has no talent, so he had to find an alternative to live a fabulous life.

I would never support anyone. If I had a partner who tried to leech off of me, he would get kicked to the curb, no matter how cute he was.

by Anonymousreply 1708/29/2013

Burtka is truly vile. He is one of the worst people I have ever known. There are a lot of users in this business, but Burtka made it his passion. But the clock is running down and NPH is finally starting to get a clue about him. Luckily, none of NPH's friends are the type to say I told you so to his face.

by Anonymousreply 1808/29/2013

R18 you know Burtka personally?

by Anonymousreply 1908/29/2013

R18 = Lane Janger.

by Anonymousreply 2008/29/2013

Did Simon ever beat David?

by Anonymousreply 2108/29/2013

If he didn't he should have.

by Anonymousreply 2208/29/2013

No, but Neil considers it everyday

by Anonymousreply 2308/29/2013

[quote] But the clock is running down and NPH is finally starting to get a clue about him.

As if you're in a position to know that.... Please, queen. You're an usher.

by Anonymousreply 2408/29/2013

Oh look, it's Mrs. Burtka-Harris - on break from spending all of NPH's money on a career that's going nowhere fast at R24. Girl, don't even think of coming for me because I will shut your trick ass down. Try it again and I will start spilling some serious tea.

by Anonymousreply 2508/29/2013

[quote]Try it again and I will start spilling some serious tea.

STFU, you clown. Lame-ass dragslang you picked up watching Logo doesn't make you more than shit, and sitting around typing anonymously doesn't give you any authority or credibility. Go ahead, shit-for-brains: spill whatever you want. Then explain exactly why anyone should believe a nameless nobody spouting bullshit on a board known for the unhinged, self-loathing homophobic fantasies it unleashes against any and all other gay men.

Forget what I said about you being an usher--you'd need to know things like letters and numbers for that.

Suck my dick, you failure.

by Anonymousreply 2608/29/2013

I cannot even imagine working my ass off day after day and then having a do-nothing partner who sits on his ass and does nothing, then goes out to spend all my money. That type of relationship would last about 5 minutes with me. BTW, I know a few gay couples who have this arrangement and the one with money is always unhappy beneath the surface.

by Anonymousreply 2708/29/2013

Tell me about it

by Anonymousreply 2808/29/2013

Have no idea what you're talking about ?

by Anonymousreply 2908/29/2013

Ricky's an entertainer - he doesn't want me o work

by Anonymousreply 3008/29/2013

He's just an ordinary housewife and mother....like all you ordinary housewives and mothers out there!

by Anonymousreply 3108/29/2013

I knew David when he was younger. Lovely man. What happened to his job at E? Not sure what people have against one breadwinner in a couple. If they lve each other, who cares?

by Anonymousreply 3208/29/2013

[quote]What happened to his job at E?

He must've pissed off the big guy.

by Anonymousreply 3308/29/2013

[quote]What happened to his job at E?

"Holla!" happened

by Anonymousreply 3408/29/2013

Me too, R32. I knew him in our early 20s before he went to New York. A nice, normal midwestern kid. I'm happy for all his success. It's too bad his relationship ultimately pulled him away from NYC theater.

by Anonymousreply 3508/29/2013

r25?... r25?...

Nothing?

Just as I thought.

by Anonymousreply 3608/30/2013

Or pissed ON the big guy - isn't NPH a golden shower lover ? Burtka reportedly can shoot his piss over 5-7 feet......at any target.

by Anonymousreply 3708/30/2013

Didn't any of you see their interview with Oprah? Burtka went to Le Cordon Bleu or some other chef school and now runs a major catering company in LA. He admitted that he was unhappy for awhile and finally decided he needed to do something else that would allow him to have his own thing. He and NPH looked great together during the interview and seemed like they have worked on their issues. I hope they make it and I expect them to do so.

by Anonymousreply 3808/30/2013

On the 'LA Hotlist' , Burtka's catering co. Is not even listed in the top 35 - me thinks it is a very small, vanity co. that NPH financed to give the guy something to do ...... then Burtka lost interest. Anyway, if they're moving to NYC , how can DB run anything daily in LA ?

by Anonymousreply 3908/30/2013

They're rich. Neither one of them HAS to work.

by Anonymousreply 4008/30/2013

Exactly - the catering co. was to give DB an ego boost. Seems it didn't work

by Anonymousreply 4108/30/2013

[quote]Burtka went to Le Cordon Bleu

I thought that was impressive until I saw late night call this 800 number to go to Le Cordon Bleu TV ads.

by Anonymousreply 4208/30/2013

We're gonna be livin in Harlem bitches !

by Anonymousreply 4309/08/2013

The theatre is a place where one has time for the problems of people to whom one would show the door if they came to one's office for a job. Snatching the eternal out of the desperately fleeting is the great magic trick of human existence.

by Anonymousreply 4409/08/2013

Burtka was pretty good in 'The Play about The Baby' and 'The Opposite of Sex.' But he almost certainly would have never been a star on Broadway, unless he took his clothes off in each production.

by Anonymousreply 4509/08/2013

Burtka to give his Barnaby to Broadway?

by Anonymousreply 4609/08/2013

Burtka was pretty good in 'Gypsy' although he had little to do other than dance and look pretty.

by Anonymousreply 4709/08/2013

Just saw a recent pic of he & NPH . Davie's been sampling a lot the meals his catering biz is cooking up, cause he looked 15 - 20 lbs heavier than I've ever seen him.

by Anonymousreply 4809/09/2013

The fact that the kids once regarded him as their father, and that he distanced himself from that, means he's a supreme asshole.

by Anonymousreply 4911/24/2013

He seems to have a very good relationship with the kids, there are a lot of pics etc. which prove that. Also, he seems to be still good friends with Lane. I guess there are no public pics of the twins because they want to keep them out of the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 5011/28/2013

R50...that's bullshit. He was their father, now he's their uncle? That sort of thing can mess children up. He's an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 5111/28/2013

I saw him in both Gypsy and The Opposite of Sex. He had all the personality of a paper plate in Gypsy, and I barely noticed him in Opposite of Sex.

He has no talent. NONE.

by Anonymousreply 5211/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.