Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mira Sorvino Campaigns For ''Romy & Michele'' Reunion

It’s a Reunion reunion: Mira Sorvino is looking forward to dusting off her prom dress and dropping a few IQ points to reteam with Lisa Kudrow for a sequel to their 1997 cult comedy Romy & Michele’s High School Reunion.

The Oscar-winner joined forces with the Friends star to play a pair of ditzy besties returning home to attend their 10th high school reunion. The ’90s sidesplitter spawned a 2005 made-for-TV prequel, Romy & Michele: In the Beginning, which starred Katherine Heigl. Sorvino, however, hopes Hollywood producers will agree to bring the two original actresses back for a follow-up.

“Yeah, we’ve talked about doing another reunion movie,” Mira told “It would be 15 [years] now, but we’ll see if it ever happens. It’s just so silly and fun and it really has resonance with various audiences. It’s just a fun underdog buddy comedy of two very stupid people who have good hearts eventually.”

by Anonymousreply 1201/27/2013

Interesting, since she didn't get along with Lisa Kudrow when they were filming the movie.

by Anonymousreply 105/06/2010

The original movie was fine enough given what it set out to accomplish, but I hardly think it warrants a sequel thirteen years later.

Kudrow is also about 5 times the comedic actress Sorvino could ever hope to be.

by Anonymousreply 205/06/2010

If Romy and Michele end up as a couple, it would be a great idea. Plus I want to hear what music would go on the soundtrack.

by Anonymousreply 305/06/2010

Miro Sorvino is just trying to resurect her career.

She should turn lesbian and then come out of the closet. It worked for Ricky Martin.

by Anonymousreply 405/06/2010

Translated: "Please... give me a job... anything! I beg of you!"

by Anonymousreply 505/06/2010

The first film is hysterical. They should do another... got knows they do sequels to many other less amusing properties.

by Anonymousreply 605/06/2010

I love the first 2/3 of R&M, but it all falls apart in the end. Still, I would love to watch a sequel --it could be a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 705/06/2010

Kudrow doesn't exactly have much of a career.

Poor thing never got out under the shadow of Teri Garr.

by Anonymousreply 805/06/2010

Loved the original movie, but don't want to see a sequel.

Romy and Michelle won't be very fucking cute when they're forty.

by Anonymousreply 905/06/2010

Oh, how the tables turn, Mira...

by Anonymousreply 1005/06/2010

I still have my Harvard degree!

by Anonymousreply 1105/06/2010

I'm watching it on TBS right now. God, I love this movie.

by Anonymousreply 1201/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!