Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mira Sorvino Campaigns For ''Romy & Michele'' Reunion

It’s a Reunion reunion: Mira Sorvino is looking forward to dusting off her prom dress and dropping a few IQ points to reteam with Lisa Kudrow for a sequel to their 1997 cult comedy Romy & Michele’s High School Reunion.

The Oscar-winner joined forces with the Friends star to play a pair of ditzy besties returning home to attend their 10th high school reunion. The ’90s sidesplitter spawned a 2005 made-for-TV prequel, Romy & Michele: In the Beginning, which starred Katherine Heigl. Sorvino, however, hopes Hollywood producers will agree to bring the two original actresses back for a follow-up.

“Yeah, we’ve talked about doing another reunion movie,” Mira told MovieHole.net. “It would be 15 [years] now, but we’ll see if it ever happens. It’s just so silly and fun and it really has resonance with various audiences. It’s just a fun underdog buddy comedy of two very stupid people who have good hearts eventually.”

by Anonymousreply 1201/27/2013

Interesting, since she didn't get along with Lisa Kudrow when they were filming the movie.

by Anonymousreply 105/06/2010

The original movie was fine enough given what it set out to accomplish, but I hardly think it warrants a sequel thirteen years later.

Kudrow is also about 5 times the comedic actress Sorvino could ever hope to be.

by Anonymousreply 205/06/2010

If Romy and Michele end up as a couple, it would be a great idea. Plus I want to hear what music would go on the soundtrack.

by Anonymousreply 305/06/2010

Miro Sorvino is just trying to resurect her career.

She should turn lesbian and then come out of the closet. It worked for Ricky Martin.

by Anonymousreply 405/06/2010

Translated: "Please... give me a job... anything! I beg of you!"

by Anonymousreply 505/06/2010

The first film is hysterical. They should do another... got knows they do sequels to many other less amusing properties.

by Anonymousreply 605/06/2010

I love the first 2/3 of R&M, but it all falls apart in the end. Still, I would love to watch a sequel --it could be a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 705/06/2010

Kudrow doesn't exactly have much of a career.

Poor thing never got out under the shadow of Teri Garr.

by Anonymousreply 805/06/2010

Loved the original movie, but don't want to see a sequel.

Romy and Michelle won't be very fucking cute when they're forty.

by Anonymousreply 905/06/2010

Oh, how the tables turn, Mira...

by Anonymousreply 1005/06/2010

I still have my Harvard degree!

by Anonymousreply 1105/06/2010

I'm watching it on TBS right now. God, I love this movie.

by Anonymousreply 1201/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.