Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hoda and Kathy Lee...alcoholics?

I've been home recovering the last two weeks and have been watching the Today Show. Good Lord these two DRINK!!! And it's only 10AM. Mosty stories Kathy Lee tells involves wine or some other sort of alcohol. Is this healthy?

by Anonymousreply 4307/24/2013

sweetie, you need to get back to work and stop thinking about these 2 women. you are cracking me up.

by Anonymousreply 205/06/2010

Anyone who has waited on KLG can tell you some good stories.

by Anonymousreply 405/06/2010

I hate to admit that I am indeed suspicious of people who won't drink at all - unless they are recovering alcoholics. Anecdotally, I also find teetotalers to be quite dull.

by Anonymousreply 605/06/2010

Well I'd rather do brunch with Hoda and Kathy Lee than say Candy Crowley or Andrea Mitchell. Oh I can just see Andrea picking the bacos of her salad and eating her plain baked potato.

by Anonymousreply 805/06/2010

[quote]Oh I can just see Andrea picking the bacos of her salad and eating her plain baked potato.

R8, please. As a Breatharian, I live on light, and have no need of your "baked potato," plain or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 905/06/2010

Andrea better start breathing again

by Anonymousreply 1005/06/2010

I can totally sympathize - KLG is a loud drunk, and poor Hoda has to do SOMETHING just to anesthetize herself to work with that bitch every day....

by Anonymousreply 1105/06/2010

The two of them are like Dean Martin talking about drinking. It's all schtick.

by Anonymousreply 1205/06/2010

I'm surprised that this show doesn't get more play on DL. Everyone here seems to be The View fans.

by Anonymousreply 1305/06/2010

My favorite was when the show had on an Asian guest who did something or other and KLG asked her if she knew judo and then went in to her Hong Kong Phooey routine doing chops. The guest just stood there stunned and speechless.

by Anonymousreply 1405/06/2010

They have to be drunk in this clip

by Anonymousreply 1505/06/2010

R11, Cheyenne never told Kathy Lee to Fuck Off on the air.

by Anonymousreply 1605/06/2010

You're right, R16, I apologize.

I didn't tell KLG to fuck off, I just called her a bitch on live TV.

Same difference

by Anonymousreply 1705/06/2010

Joel McHale was today's guest during one of the segments. He thanked both of them for giving him so much to work with each week on The Soup. He then showed a clip of them talking about a drink LOL

by Anonymousreply 1905/06/2010

[quote] We tend to see drunks portrayed as losers. There's a weak, dying fall to their energy, very often and for my money, that's not familiar in the energy of the glorious drunks I've known in my life. There's something so courageous, and hard-working, and fantasy-filled and fun, about most of the drunks I've known.

[quote] Those are the alcoholics I know. I don't know the loser ones, the sad ones. I know the tough ones who are full of energy and chuck themselves down the neck of the bottle. I thought about how courageous it is to be that self-destructive. It takes such guts.

by Anonymousreply 2005/06/2010

Tilda, is that second quote from Christopher Hitchens?

by Anonymousreply 2105/06/2010

BTW, you all, it's KATHIE Lee Gifford.

by Anonymousreply 2205/06/2010

I love Hoda Kotb. She is hilarious when they get some alcohol in her. She and Kathie Lee are the only thing that could keep people watching Today for four hours.

by Anonymousreply 2405/08/2010

You know what's even sadder, R25? Being a poor speller with atrocious grammar.

by Anonymousreply 2602/10/2012

How come everyone hates Kathy Lee? I think she's funny. Same with Hoda. I'd rather watch these two over the old bitches on The View. At least Hoda and Kathy Lee don't take anything seriously and it's all for fun.

by Anonymousreply 2702/11/2012

They do no drink on the show! They pretend to drink.

by Anonymousreply 2802/11/2012

[quote]They do no drink on the show!

They put pee pee in your Coke!

by Anonymousreply 2902/11/2012

I don't watch the show, but I saw a promo for this week's shows. They are in the Bahamas and drinking up a storm.

by Anonymousreply 3002/11/2012

They are very funny together -- KL has never been funnier. I have a friend who went to lunch with KL. My friend doesn't drink but KL drank an entire bottle of wine. Let's hope the meal lasted a few hours. And when she watched rehearsals for her Aimee SM show, she drank wine every afternoon in the rehearsal room.

by Anonymousreply 3102/11/2012

OP=tiresome frau

by Anonymousreply 3202/11/2012

Kathie Lee drinks because deep down she feels remorseful that she treats everyone in her life like shit (but she can't stop doing it.)

Hoda drinks because she has zero self-esteem - which she demonstrates daily as she sits there and lets KL continuously put her down.

They're a match made in TV heaven. They should be the top rated show in that time slot. Are they?

by Anonymousreply 3302/11/2012

They're Eddy & Pats for the mommy set

by Anonymousreply 3402/11/2012

I've had several flying partners tell me KLG couldn't be more gracious and friendly when they had her on flights, and she didn't get drunk.

by Anonymousreply 3502/11/2012

What R34 said

by Anonymousreply 3602/11/2012

I think they should stop doing this drinking in the am it sets a bad example !!

by Anonymousreply 3707/01/2013

Hoda is an excellent reporter and a very good interviewer. Too bad she's stuck with working alongside that nasty bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3807/02/2013

Kathie Lee is boring until someone imitates her. Then she copies the imitator.

Jan Hooks did a scathing depiction of her during the Reege era. So Kathie Lee started imitating Jan doing Kathie Lee.

No one made fun of the alcohol thang until Kristen Wiig started lampooning the odd appearancs of alcohol in almost every episode (it's a morning show).

by Anonymousreply 3907/02/2013

I think it is a sad commentary on our society when alcoholics like Kathy Lee and Joda are held up to the public as admirable women. What is the message to our children?

by Anonymousreply 4007/22/2013

I can't imagine how Hoda manages to put up with Gifford five days a week.

by Anonymousreply 4107/24/2013

Don't they get drunk in the mornings? That's the one thing that keeps me from thinking I have a problem.

by Anonymousreply 4207/24/2013

R40....?...!...OH. MY. GOD.

by Anonymousreply 4307/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!