Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do not buy the Bounce dryer bar!

I bought one so I would not have to use dryer sheets anymore. It seemed like it was working fine, but tonight I decided to take it out just because I liked the smell of the Downy dryer sheets I used to use better. Well, the Bounce dryer bar cannot be removed from the inside of your dryer without leaving a sticky residue behind. I am going to have to spend a lot of time cleaning that stuff now so it doesn't mess with my clothes. I did a search on the Bounce dryer bar on Google, and you would not believe how many websites with complaints pop up! You have been warned!

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 11906/25/2015

Thanks for taking the time to tell us.

I never have heard of the bar, but may have tried if I spotted it on the shelf.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 105/02/2010

Have you ever tried these, OP? My partner's hippie mom had them in her dryer, and I love how fluffy they make towels. I hate dryer sheets, especially on towels--chemicals on my body and they make them all slick and not absorbent, ugh!

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 505/02/2010

And people tell me datalounge is a waste of time! pftt! Seriously though, thank you OP!

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 605/02/2010

OP, firstly, you need to start line or rack drying your laundry when you can. You'll save money and your clothes and linens will last longer. The fresh, clean smell of your air-dried laundry beats anything the boys in the scent lab have come with as a replacement. What's not to like about this? Secondly, you need to start using Charlie's Soap. A friend gave me as small bag as a gift and I am now hooked. Tide costs too much and this stuff really works. I swear by it now. Thank me later.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 705/02/2010

What about static cling rt? does it work for that?

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 805/02/2010

R7, line dried clothes are ok but don't line dry towels or sheets... they come out all stiff.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 1005/02/2010

R7, it is $53 dollars. I'll stick with Tide.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 1105/02/2010

Do you also add blue dye for the water in your toilet tank, OP?

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 1205/02/2010

Thanks OP! I had seen some ads and wondered about those. What did the product developers think, that everyone would just keep buying MORE dyrer bars and putting them over the original sticky spot? Yeah, that makes sense. Try using a little shampoo or dishwashing soap on a cloth to scrub the sticky crap out of your dryer. And be sure to rinse the area and dry it well. I know all about sticky because SOMEBODY in this household keeps leaving Jolly Ranchers in his pants pockets (giving Mr. Man the evil eye as he shrugs and looks confused about doing his own laundry...)

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 1305/02/2010

An why do the companies have to change the scents of the laundry products so often? Every time I find one I like it gets discontinued. I want a clean, mild, slightly lavender fragrance, not some whorehouse perfume smell.

And there's no place in American cities to hang out laundry. In most suburbs the HOA's don't allow it.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 1405/02/2010

Those of us who are Amazon Vine members had a chance to choose the Bounce Bar for free. It worked for me for a few drys, then just didn't do anything.

You can get the bar out by brute force, then take the sticky off with rubbing alcohol. Anything that is left can be gotten off by running the drier for a while, getting the sticky stuff inside it hot, and rubbing it off with a finger or paper towel or something.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 1505/02/2010

If you buy as much Tide in terms of loads that can be washed, Charlie's comes out of top in terms of price, R11. And Charlie sells smaller sizes @ lower prices, so really, you probably should stick with Tide if that's the depth of your analytical comparison shopping. Best wishes.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 1605/02/2010

Are people really too lazy to just toss in a dryer sheet? Really people...

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 1705/02/2010

Too many chemicals.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 1805/02/2010

Whatever R16, I'll stay away from your hippie detergent. Tide gets things clean, especially with their new sport scent.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 1905/02/2010

Really bad for your skin.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 2005/02/2010

[quote]Why does Tide cost so much? Because people will pay.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 2105/02/2010

Tide (& really, any detergent) is a lot cheaper simply by using about 1/4 of what is recommended.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 2205/02/2010

[quote]OP, firstly, you need to start line or rack drying your laundry when you can.

And don't forget to use six pins, NOT five!

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 2305/02/2010

[r14], the laundry detergent from Trader Joe's has a light lavender scent and works well too.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 2405/02/2010

The laundry detergent from Trader Joe's is made from the crushed bones of Laotian amputees.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 2505/02/2010

I stopped using Bounce dryer sheets or any dryer sheets alltogether. They are a fire hazard! I've switched to liquid fabric softners. I put them in the dispenser, and I'm good to go.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 2605/02/2010

Dryer balls don't work. Bounce covers up the smell of gas from my dryer. I don't really care for what the smell it gives to clothes. Tide is a horrible scandal but it does work better than Cheer, Gain, etc.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 2705/02/2010

According to the commercials Tide liquid has more detergent and less water than other brands. I don't believe it either, but that's what they say.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 2805/02/2010

I like finding the blue balls in my clothing after a load.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 2905/03/2010

Were dryer sheets really that inconvenient?

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 3005/03/2010

"We need more Calgon!"

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 3105/03/2010

R31, your husband is some hot shot.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 3205/03/2010

I used Tide for years because it worked so well, but I have found the concentrated All works just as well. The All without perfume or dye is nice, you should give it a shot if you want to get away from Tide.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 3305/03/2010

I love the Meyer's dryer sheets in lavender.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 3405/03/2010

Are all of you who love lavender scented clothes women? Old women? I can't imagine a male wanting to smell like flowers unless he has a granny fetish.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 3505/03/2010

I've never heard of this product...but I have used Bounce sheets since they were first introduced (It helps keep clothes wrinkle free and I hate to iron). Go to a Lowes or Home Depot and buy a product named "Tidy Pen." This is used to remove all sorts of adhesives from almost any surface. Plus, it is non-toxic and is citrus scented. If you can't find this product, get a small can of Turpentine and use it to remove the glue. Another thing I have used is Ronson Lighter Fluid which is basically Naptha which is an old timed cleaner. Hope this works for you.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 3605/03/2010

I prefer ERA detergent but it's hard to find. Tide makes me itch.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 3705/03/2010

I use the All, r33. Unscented. I prefer Tide but it is $6 to $10 more than All. I don't know what that earlier poster is smoking but if Tide was only $2 more expensive than other brands, I'd buy it. A jug or whatever you call those containers costs $19 for 100 loads. On sale, it might be $17. All is $11.99.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 3805/03/2010

Try Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergent. I've used it for years and I've had no complaints. Plus, Arm & Hammer is very inexpensive compared to Tide and Cheer.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 3905/03/2010

Next time, Bounce, use epoxy!

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 4005/03/2010

This is way off topic for this thread...but sort of relevant. Check out the link below for Fleet Natural Cleansing Enemas. Looks like they are courting the Gay and anal active crowd.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 4105/03/2010

Here is the link for "Tidy Pen." I use this product at work removing glue from labels, etc. on high tech instruments. This works well removing without damaging the surface.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 4205/03/2010

And as of R41 @ 2:26, this thread is OVAH!

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 4305/03/2010

R35, lavender is a unisex scent. Traditionally lavender was used in men's colognes and not women's fragrances because of its sharp quality. (True lavender smells woody and herbaceous, not floral.)

For R14: Ecover makes a very nice lavender scented laundry detergent. Whole Foods sells it. It's not perfumey at all.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 4405/03/2010

I love threads like these.

Anyways, I'm using Persil. You want to talk about expensive? It's from Germany and it's like $60 a box, and I'm using Perwoll for the softener and things smell great.

As far as Charlie's soap there's a thread on Gardenweb that says that Charlie's ruined the inside of her Miele ($$$$$$$$$$) washer! I have Miele's and I'm not going to chance it.

There's another thread on gardenweb where people compared Tide HE to Persil and said they are the same as far as cleaning agents go. Probably true but Persil smells so much better, like Perwoll and Lenore smell way better than Downy.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 4505/03/2010

>>>Try Goo Gone to remove the sticky. It generally works fast and should save you a lot of effort.

you can also use a little bit of vegetable/olive oil. Put a little bit on a papertowl and rub it off.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 4605/03/2010

Realistically, OP, if you can't figure out how to remove the sticky residue, you should stick to the laundromat.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 4705/03/2010

Those dryers sheets destroy your dryer. Don't use them. They can cause your dryer to overheat. Damaging them and creating a fire hazard. They also mess up the auto drying senors.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 4805/03/2010

How coincidental, and odd, R45.

We have a Miele washer and have used Charlie's Soap in it for nearly two years w/ no prob.

I have also read the positive comments about Charlie's Soap on Garden Web but I must have missed the negative one you cited.

Thanks for the notice re Miele and Charlie's, but I think I'll still use it in our washer.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 4905/03/2010

Those dryer bars weren't on the market long back when they were first introduced (IIRC) in the late '70s and early '80s.

I think the brand was Cling Free, and the product didn't do a bad job, and I had no problem getting it out of my dryer once it was used up.

Another laundry retro retread that didn't do well on its' comeback - some major mfr. re-introduced compressed soap disks, much like the old Salvo tablets of the '60s. When I finally decided to try the new ones, I couldn't find them anywhere.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 5005/03/2010

One really good tip I learned is that most of us use to much soap in both dishwasher and clothes washer. Unless you are a blue collar worker and get clothes really dirty you only need to break the surface tension of the water for it to be absorbed into the cloth. You can use a TBSP of soap in most loads and be OK. I get the best I can afford and use less. So far no one has slowly backed away holding their noses or mentioned bad odors around me and I have been doing this for quite awhile. My white clothes are clean and no smelly or dirty underarms. It is better to use less soap for the environment also. That is where I learned this, on a environmentally conscious raising web site.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 5105/03/2010

I prefer Gain for both the scent and the stain removal. Haven't yet used their softener. I love the hell out of liquid softeners, but they kill the smell of the Gain.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 5205/03/2010

[quote]Tide (& really, any detergent) is a lot cheaper simply by using about 1/4 of what is recommended. This needs to be repeated because you tell the truth. I also tear laundry sheets in half and they work just as well.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 5305/03/2010

I do the same things, R53.

A related tip is to fill the washing machine 2/3 to 3/4... not 100% full. When the clothes can really move around in there, they wash cleaner and rinse cleaner. Yeah, it results in more laundry loads and uses more water/electricity, but if the goal is clean laundry, then underfilling the washer is the way to go.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 5405/03/2010

Some thing peole that using mre detergent is better but really one does not need a lot to get clothes clean.

I used Tide Free HE (for front end loading machines, with no fragrance which takes care of those wtih sensitive skin) and use only the recommended amount or less. It gets my clothes very clean and it lasts a long long time. I also use liquid fabric softener - also dye and perfume free for sensitive skin - and again only use the recommended amount or less. Those dryer sheets try ti force you to use more than you need and add too much fragrance.

Another thing about dryer sheets - and probably those "bars' you stick in the dryer - it releases a very heavy perfume that goes right out your dryer vent nd attracts bees and bumblebees, which will come right up our dryer vent to reach the source of the frangrance. Have fun with that.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 5505/03/2010

I have those dryer ball things at R5's link--your clothes do dry faster but the balls don't remove static cling.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 5605/03/2010

More $$ saving tips for laundry at the link.

I stopped buying fabric softener sheets a few years ago. Can't tell the difference in my laundry one way or the other. Static cling is not a problem for 11 months out of 12 down here on the Gulf.

But I can sure tell that my neighbors are still using them every time they are doing their laundry.

Their dryer vents are pumping out that ersatz "springtime fresh" smell between our houses ad nauseam. It can get to you if you stay around the fumes too long.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 5705/03/2010

That's a good site, R57 -- here's another one.

I love hanging laundry on the clothesline. Gives me a chance to be outdoors with the birds, bees, & butterflies -- & forces me to adopt a slower pace because the process takes as long as it takes. Kind of like yoga, very relaxing.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 5805/03/2010

I hate dryer sheets - they leave a film on your clothes, and if you're not careful when ironing, the film can lead to scorching the fabric.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 5905/03/2010

For those of us who have to schlep our laundry to the laundromat, scented detergent, fabric softener and dryer sheets are the only things keeping our laundry from smelling like scorched earth. Those industrial dryers make my laundry stink. I've tried the low heat but it just takes twice as long for the burn smell to set in.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 6005/03/2010

An idea, R60? And it may be more trouble to you than it's worth, but ...

Wash and dry your laundry at the laundromat forgoing all the artificially scented products.

Then when you get home let you laundry sit for a day or two before using so that the "scorched earth" smell dissipates?

Or store your laundry using the old-timey sachets that smell so good? Are you familiar with these?

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 6105/03/2010

R60 - just partially dry your clothes, then hang to dry in your apartment. I hang all my clothes to dry - I only use a dryer for underwear, socks, sheets and towels. I find my clothes last longer and don't get fuzzy pills all over them.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 6205/03/2010

Does Tide make an unscented version of the HE variety?

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 6305/03/2010

R63, r55 said:[quote]I used Tide Free HE I have no reason to think he was lying, although one never knows.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 6405/03/2010

R41....Gosh, it cleans AND lubricates....that will come in handy when I get a surprise fuck from from my maintenance man....you know, the HOT latino with an uncut cock......

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 6505/03/2010

Great advice R62!

I also line dry my laundry and have for three years now.

Like you I only use my dryer sparingly now as a fail-safe in case I run out of clothes due to a prolonged rainy stretch (very rare).

Astounding to me is that my clothes will dry faster on a sunny, breezy, below-freezing January day faster than they will on a humid June day.

They will immediately freeze stiff on the line and then freeze-dry in no time. Once you see they are flapping in the breeze, they are dry. Amazing ... at least to me.

A 3-pack of underwear used to last 12-18 months before they developed tears, rips, holes, stretched elastic, etc. Since I started line drying I can tell that my towels, sheets, underwear, etc. show very little wear and last longer.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 6605/03/2010

[quote]because SOMEBODY in this household keeps leaving Jolly Ranchers in his pants pockets.

What is he? Twelve?

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 6705/03/2010

Has anyone in Kansas City tried the Tide dry cleaners? I read an article about them and would seriously love to open a franchise. They sound great with the special fabric care features. Esp for faded black clothes.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 6805/06/2010

Rubbing alcohol. If this does not working entirely, then proceed to use WD-40, then wipe clean. This work on pretty much all adhesives

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 6906/18/2012

Okay, freak at R69: You bumped a thread about goo caused by fabric softener bars *from 2010*?

WTF?

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 7006/18/2012

Anyone start using Charlie's Soap?

How do you like it?

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 7106/18/2012

I live in France and nobody has even heard of dryer sheets here! They don't exist, it's only liquid fabric softner.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 7206/19/2012

Just call Joan Crawford. She'll the scrub the shit out of your dryer.

Do it!!

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 7306/19/2012

Just buy Tide and use a 1/4 cup vinegar in the softening cycle.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 7406/19/2012

Tide is the devil's detergent. Don't use it -- it will make your laundry laundry pozest!

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 7506/19/2012

A tad of Gain fabric softener in the wash, never use that dreadful dryer sheets again.

No static, soft and luxurious clothing and linens.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 7606/19/2012

Isopropyl alcohol on a cotton ball will take the sticky off anything

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 7702/10/2013

Has anyone seen any recipes for making your own? Ive been using a home made detergent (2$ for a six month supply) and getting great results but I just feel like I ought to have some sort of fragrance added in the dryer plus a little fabric softening. Any hints?

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 7808/04/2013

I thought the subject was "Do not buy the Beyonce dryer bar!" and I was like no, I would never do that.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 7908/04/2013

i should've searched how to remove the bounce bar before actually doing it. now i'm stuck w/ a sticky mess i have to try & remove to not ruin the clothes. BECAREFUL about using certain removers to get rid of the sticky residue. some are flammable. this would be a concern b/c what if you don't get rid of all the remover you used and then starting the dryer? you don't want your dryer blowing up.

search "how do i remove the bounce dryer bar" the first site that popped up for me was the bouncefresh site. it tells you to turn on the dryer, empty, on hot, or cotton setting, wait a few for the dryer to cool off so you don't burn yourself trying to remove the residue. the purpose of this is to heat the sticky part then gently try to take it off, use a putty knife if necessary to help in getting it up & use that to get rid of any access residue & wipe clean w/ a towel.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 8010/14/2013

Okay so they must've tried to fix the previous issue of it being too sticky & now my issue is that it will not stick at all & keeps coming off the side and flopping around in the dryer usually at nap time, which is the only time I have to do laundry & the noise often will wake the children :( I wanna complain to the company. I have an idea that could keep both sides happy.. Make it magnetic instead of sticky!!

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 8103/06/2014

The Bounce dryer bar sticks to the inside of your dryer!!

Ohhhhh, the humanity...

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 8203/06/2014

R7 speaks the truth. Charlie's soap is the absolute best. I no longer can buy it (I'm not in the US anymore) and now I"m using soap nuts which are also blowing my mind. They are incredible and NO chemicals.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 8303/06/2014

I told you Mortimer, you could convince people to put plastic and glue in their dryer and they would. You owe me $1.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 8403/06/2014

why waste money on goo-gone when peanut butter works just fine to remove any adhesive buildup???

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 8503/06/2014

Dear whoever bumped this thread: Now I want to buy insanely expensive laundry soap. Damn you.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 8603/08/2014

yeah like the undissolving Tide Pods, they both suck.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 8703/08/2014

R60 I have not tried this but I have read about cutting down drying time by putting a dry towel in with the just washed load. It was recommended for the towel load only but it likely works well for clothes, sheets too.

Another tip - if you live in tick country use geranium scented soaps. Mrs Meyers makes detergent, softener, dryer sheets, body/hand soap, etc with a nice mild geranium scent. Ticks are strongly repelled by geranium scent, and it doesn't smell like bug repellant.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 8803/08/2014

The only sure fire way to save time doing laundry is to get the help to do it for you. So thats.... a maid... a nanny... the woman who delivers those custom made hot fresh meals in the evenings... I know I'm forgetting someone that I need...

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 8903/08/2014

I am on my third "bar" and really like them. The bars come out easily if you just press the end release. My problem is finding just the replacement bars w/o the whole holder. According to Martha Stewart you should never use fabric softeners when drying towels and she's actually right on this. And yes, laundry is stiff when line dried but soften up when you use them and towels seem more absorbent - maybe because of no fabric softeners. Dollar General has the Bounce bars cheaper than anywhere else I've seen.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 9004/17/2014

My store was out of Tide pods, so I bought Gain Flings (Flingz) and I think they are just as good. Cheaper, too. I don't know why I feel the need to post this, but ....

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 9104/17/2014

Sorry, I don't normally respond to people in this way. But I have to. you are writing a bad review on a product that clearly told you that this will stick to the dryer wall. It's not a magnet! its a sticker and its sticky and it will stick F O R E V E R. unless you use an adhesive remover to get the sticky residue off. I must ask, did you eat the entire tube of Preparation H before you realized it was for external use only? Seriously people I know common sense is a super power in these times of modern conveniences, but you are making me loose all faith in mankind as a whole. Are we reverse evolution? The more available things are to us the stupider we get? I Love the new Bounce Dryer Bar. In fact I ordered the refills in bulk. And when it comes time to remove the contraption that holds it in place, I will use adhesive remover and scrub like a mad women to get it off. I will not swear about it, because I knew what I was getting into before I ever installed it. Wow, the power of Knowledge!!!!

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 9204/29/2014

For the love of DOG, R92, please learn the use of commas and other basic punctuation.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 9304/29/2014

I LOVE THE DRYER BARS WHY NOT LEAVE IT IN THERE WHATS IT GOING TO HURT I ITCH IN THE WINTER TIME AND THE DRYER BARS KEEP ME FROM ITCHING IT SOFTENS MY CLOTHES I LOVE THEM IF YOU WANT TO REMOVE THE STICKY JUST GO TO WALMART AND GET SOME GOO GONE

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 9401/15/2015

I've never heard of it either. I usually just throw in a dry, clean cologne spritzed cloth. What's a 'dryer sheet'? Sounds kind of cumbersome.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 9501/15/2015

I tried the dryer sheets but they leave a sticky coating on your clothes and can harm dress shirts leaving color blotches.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 9601/15/2015

Peanut butter works to remove sticky residue. Just rub it all over until residue is gone, follow with winded or something to kill peanut butter smell.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 9701/15/2015

Why do you want your clothes to smell like that? It's so white trash aspirational.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 9801/15/2015

R99 needs to be bounced from Datalounge.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 10001/15/2015

97 here. That's supposed to read, windex or soap and water to kill peanut butter smell.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 10101/15/2015

I love the dryer bars been using them about 3 months now

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 10204/07/2015

Anything oil based will break down and remove sticky residue. I used to use peanut butter or cooking oil to remove chewing gum from my daughters hair when she was little and have used both for removing residue left on things I wanted to remove the price tag from.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 10305/03/2015

I use it and it works great. If you don't want to use it any longer just remove the bar and leave the holder in the dryer then you don't have to worry about the adhesive and if they should ever come out with another scent you prefer better then it will be there to use again. Sorry you didn't like it but for some it is a godsend and I want others to know it can be a great thing...just depends know preference. It isn't a bad product.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 10405/03/2015

I found using a downy woodpecker in my dryer keeps my laundry just as soft and they eat the termites in my house too.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 10505/03/2015

Nothing says "white trash" like a blast of Bounce when you meet a guy for the first time.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 10605/03/2015

OMG, the Bounce Dryer bar is 2 part. The part that attaches to the dryer tumbler stays in the dryer while you replace the replaceable sliding bar as the product wears away. I have found that it works great! No more through away (saving the landfill, for all you tree huggers!) Additionally no more worrying about throwing a sheet in every time. Too bad fewer stores are carrying them anymore.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 10705/11/2015

Goo Gone. Removes the sticky on anything. (Also oil/auto grease from clothes)

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 10805/18/2015

you can make homemade goo gone by using a little oil and a little bit of baking soda.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 10905/18/2015

I agree, r106.

And I'll add Fabreze to the list of trash indicators.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 11005/18/2015

R5, I haven't used the Nellie's dryer balls, but I've used the Bed and Bath version for some time now. They work wonderfully, with no chemicals. I eliminated chemicals in my wash...I use Nellie's wash soda and Nellie's brightener, the best value is from HSN. Everything is super soft, clean, and white/bright. I will never use chemicals again.

BTW I previously used the Bounce bar and wasn't impressed. I just let it wear all the way down and left the holder in the dryer. No issues.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 11105/19/2015

[quote]I eliminated chemicals in my wash

It really annoys me when people say stupid shit like this.

Water is a chemical, you know.

I have a feeling you don't even know what you're talking about.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 11205/19/2015

That shits made in China yo.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 11305/19/2015

R45, I know you posted a LONG time ago, but if you're still around and following this thread, they now carry Persil at Walmart.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 11405/19/2015

It really annoys me when people like R112 have to make pretentious comments and sound like pricks. Water may technically be a chemical, but that wasn't the point...the reference was to the nasty additives found in commercial detergents that lead to allergies, skin irritations and the like.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 11505/19/2015

Well this is one customer that loves using the bounce dryer bars.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 11605/23/2015

I love Bounce dryer bars, but very hard to find!!!!

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 11705/31/2015

Soooooo wrong. If you read the FAQ in the Bounce website, under "How to permanently remove the bar", you will see how to do it properly.

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 11806/25/2015

Here's website to help you break the tumble dryer habit.

Why continue to damage your laundry (viz.: the lint that falls off overtime you tumble dry) and why spend the money needlessly with your utility, electric and/or gas?

Do you just like spending money you don't have to?

Solar drying is free!

by Concerned consumer who hates static clingreply 11906/25/2015
Need more help? Click Here.