Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Country Music Gays

Who else in country is gay besides Chely Wright? I'd wager there are many closet cases.

by Anonymousreply 59607/23/2015

saw those flatt guys on ai...GAY GAY GAY!

by Anonymousreply 2205/02/2010

Who's the one with the quickie marriage to Renee Zellwegger that she divorced for "fraud" ??

He's queer for sure.

by Anonymousreply 2305/02/2010

No, really r25? Shocking stuff.

by Anonymousreply 2605/02/2010

Randy Travis is gay. He travels with his "Make-up Artist," who dresses like a big butch biker and talks like Truman Capote.

by Anonymousreply 2705/02/2010

Who gives a fuck about what Trace Adkins has to say about same-sex marriage? He can't even hold his own marriages together so why's he so worried about mine?

by Anonymousreply 2805/02/2010

R10, why do you talk about things you know absolutely nothing about? That was Darius Rucker singing at the end of the Country Music Awards show. Darius Rucker is certainly no 'unknown' at all. He's is a success and rising star in the country music world these days. He has hit songs. He was the lead singer for Hootie and the Blowfish for many, many years. Plenty of Democrats like and love country music, including me, and feel very comfortable loving country music.

by Anonymousreply 2905/02/2010

R18, Gary LeVox, lead singer of Rascal Flatts does NOT look anything like the way you describe. He does not have plucked eyebrows nor a botoxed face nor a facelift nor anything like a person in drag. What drug are you on? Gary is married and has two kids. Jay Don Rooney is married with one kid and a 2nd kid on the way. And Jay DeMarcus is married and his wife hosts and commentates on CMT (tv channel) They are not gay at all, and do not seem gay in any way. Supremely excellent musicians, songwriters, singers. You are crazy.

by Anonymousreply 3005/02/2010

lol @ r30!

by Anonymousreply 3205/02/2010

Kristen Hall, lesbyterian and one of the founders of Sugarland, left the group amid speculation that her departure was due to her being out.

by Anonymousreply 3505/02/2010

Maybe you mean Terri Clark, R33, the butch-ish female country singer, who does not have much of a singing career anymore.

by Anonymousreply 3605/02/2010

R18 Odd you mention them. Did you see them on Idol results last Wednesday being all jokey touch-feely with Seacrest?

by Anonymousreply 3705/02/2010

The CMA's are the "No-Homosexuals Here" awards.

R30 = Female Prop 8 supporter

by Anonymousreply 3805/02/2010

"They are not gay at all, and do not seem gay in any way. Supremely excellent musicians, songwriters, singers. You are crazy." r30 wandered in here on her way to iVillage. She was listening to Rascal Flatts while pecking away at her keyboard with her right hand and fingering herself with her left hand. The gay accusation against her favorite band so upset her that she was unable to climax. Luckily her cat "Num Nums" will finish the job later tonight while she's lying in bed watching QVC.

by Anonymousreply 4105/03/2010

LOL @R41--I just spit out my cereal!

by Anonymousreply 4205/03/2010

Patrick Haggerty, Doug Stevens and Nancy Vogl are openly-gay artists who sing country music, though they are not well-known.

by Anonymousreply 4305/03/2010

Shelby Lynne

by Anonymousreply 4605/03/2010

R42, well if they are forced to hide in that North Dakota nuclear bomb shelter, nobody is ever going to hear them, which is just the way County Music likes it's homosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 4705/03/2010

The other "Chely" Wright: Michelle Wright. She is well known in Canada, where she's from. but was popular here back in the early-mid 90's, when I absolutely fell in love with her. Then when I spent the summer of '94 at school in Ann Arbor, I met some lesbians who knew her and her dating history ("she was with my ex's ex's ex," the kind of shit you can't even make up). So I believe it. Besides, when I saw her at a town fall festival in CT, she took my face in her hands and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I have a photo of the two of us taken then and I look like the goofiest fangurl that ever lived. Bitch was HOT!

by Anonymousreply 4905/03/2010

R10, Darius Rucker isn't a "no name" if you know even a little about country music. And as for no gays feeling comfortable...there were several gays at that ceremony. Closeted ones, but still.

r14, did you hear the rumor that Buck Owens had a thing going on with Dwight Yoakam? Not sure if I believe it

by Anonymousreply 5205/03/2010

Wait, wait, wait...Dwight Yoakum and Buck Owens?! Toby Keith is a DEMOCRAT?! Where the hell have I been...

by Anonymousreply 5305/03/2010

g

by Anonymousreply 5405/03/2010

Wow R46. That article was an uncomfortable read. Shelby Lynne sounds troubled beyond belief. But the article is nearly nine years old. How much has she changed, if at all? At the rate she was going, there was no coming out in the cards.

by Anonymousreply 5505/03/2010

r30=recycles her cuntrags.

by Anonymousreply 5805/04/2010

Chely Wright dated Brad Paisley? What does that tell us about Brad?

by Anonymousreply 5905/05/2010

Believe it or not, the only time I've seen Rascal Flatts was on an episode of CSI. I thought they were queeny lounge lizards pretending to be a country band until I found out "Rascal Flatts" was a real thing.

And bitch @ r30, you must have missed the CSI episode, because Miss Lead Singer looked a tranny act off the Vegas Strip told to dress like a dyke "for dyke country realness" as a comptetition on the RuPaul show and barely making the grade. If his forehead wasn't botoxed, then he must have had some Klingon paralysis, because his face moved, but that forehead didn't. Meanwhile he had less eyebrows than my dead granny and she had alopecia. She didn't even draw hers on with an eyebrow pencil, but he looked like he drew his on with a sharpened #2.5.

And don't get me started on the lip gloss and eye-shadow.

I'm not a straight man, but I've been around them all my life. Most of them don't go for that Zsa Zsa at Branson, Mo. look.

by Anonymousreply 6005/05/2010

Rascal Flatts

by Anonymousreply 6105/05/2010

I'm not gay. I have a wife and two kids!!

by Anonymousreply 6305/05/2010

Country Music is starving for decent songs today.

How long can you keep a music genre going to extremely mediocre songs like Brad Paisleys "Water" and anything by Sugarland. Just weak songwriting. Bring back the "Eagles" into Country.

by Anonymousreply 6405/05/2010

R64, do you have access to CMT and GAC channels on cable? If you watch the Top 20 Countdown on those two channels you hear lots of great country songs.

It sounds like maybe you are just listening to a pop country radio station that plays just a rigid restricted song list.

by Anonymousreply 6505/05/2010

Interesting Fact- Gary LeVox, the lead singer for Rascal Flatts, was Jamie Foxx's " roommate" when they were first starting out. Foxx even sang on one of their bad recordings. Don't knock each other out over that piece of meat.

by Anonymousreply 6605/05/2010

Jamie Fox makes some very good music, as do Rascal Flatts who have been at the top of the charts for a good eight years, selling millions upon millions of records and sold-out concerts. One of the number one bands in country music. Top of the crop. So not sure why you would feel compelled to label their recordsings 'bad recordings' just because their music may not appeal to you.

by Anonymousreply 6705/05/2010

I'm gay and love country. It does not mean I am republican or support their views. There are, several, liberal non-hateful country artists. I really just love the music and the messages/lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 6805/05/2010

R67 If you like Rascal Flatts that's great. But selling millions of records is not a test of good music. I happen to think Rascal Flatts' music is shallow and weak and I love country music. The popularity argument never works. Hitler was popular too.

by Anonymousreply 7105/05/2010

R71, what does you not liking the music of Rascal Flatts have to do with the sold-out concerts of Rascal Flatts?

You are just one person who does not appreciate their music, and cannot seem to see their musicianship. Your one opinion does not negate their musicisnahip. There are millions of people who enjoy their music and really like it.

by Anonymousreply 7205/05/2010

George Strait isn't

by Anonymousreply 7305/05/2010

Count me in on believing that Roy Clark is gay. I've been watching Hee Haw on RFD and he comes off as really queeny. Especially when that animated pig in the pink tutu runs over and kisses him on the cheek!

by Anonymousreply 7505/05/2010

I think Billy Currington might be gay.

by Anonymousreply 7605/05/2010

Joe Nichols - no way, but I wish...

by Anonymousreply 7705/05/2010

Cute article below with Martie of the Dixie Chicks/Courtyard Hounds...talks about the Hounds song "Ain't No Son" about a gay teen...about Marty attracting all the lesbians..and my favorite quote about Reba:

"Q:Looking back now, how do you feel country music insiders responded to Natalie’s comment about President Bush and the war?

Martie: After the documentary [Shut Up & Sing] came out and the Grammys, you could almost look out into the audience and see the country faces that so wished you hadn’t won the Grammy.

Q: Like who?

Martie: Reba McEntire. She wouldn’t even clap. Then the camera panned to her, so she mustered a little applause for the camera. That was actually captured on the telecast. She’s been outwardly critical of us. Some of it has been poking fun and that’s fine, because we have been the butt of jokes. However, some of it, and not just Reba in particular, was pretty harsh. I think Natalie, as strong as she is, was really affected. She just got tired of everyone being in her face. It really haunted her for a while, and she feels free from that now."

by Anonymousreply 7805/27/2010

No good country songs? Miranda Lambert, anyone?

I watched The Last Rodeo the other night and noticed - for the first time - what a yummy ass Keith Urban has. Is Nicole always a beard, never a bride?

by Anonymousreply 7905/27/2010

I thought Kelly Clarkson moved to Nashville so she could transition herself into more of a country artist...

by Anonymousreply 8005/29/2010

How about Jennifer Nettles, lead singer of Sugarland. She pings to me. Kinda butch.

by Anonymousreply 8105/29/2010

R80, Kelly Clarkson lives on a ranch or farm in Texas.

Kelly is a pop singer - but she did do a duet with Reba McIntyre.

Maybe you are thinking of Cheryl Crow who moved to Nashville five years ago.

by Anonymousreply 8505/29/2010

There are 100's of good country songs out right now. You need to tune in to the country music videos on GAC channel and some on CMT channel. But mostly GAC.

by Anonymousreply 8605/29/2010

"There are 100's of good country songs out right now." Hell, no. All country songs today are lame, safe, and sound like pop songs from 1995

by Anonymousreply 8805/29/2010

Well, I for one am a fan of country music and have been for years. But r88 is correct - 90% of the country songs today are just basically pop songs with a little gee-tar thrown in. The only traditional country music artists that I can think of off the top of my head are George Strait & Alan Jackson. As for Kelly Clarkson, I am certain that I had heard that she was now managed by Reba McEntire's team and was going to 'go country'. That was after the debacle with her one CD, though so I don't know how much of it is true or accurate.

by Anonymousreply 8905/29/2010

I guess you never tune in to GAC channel or you do not have access to it, R89. They play lots of videos of country singers singing country songs that are not pop songs.

by Anonymousreply 9005/29/2010

"They play lots of videos of country singers singing country songs that are not pop songs" ALL country today is pop

by Anonymousreply 9105/29/2010

Alan Jackson does lots of pop songs.

George Strait does lots of pop songs.

by Anonymousreply 9205/29/2010

Who let R30-31 in? I thought bells were supposed to go off and lasers activated when Southern Republican housewives signed on. We need to guard our borders!

by Anonymousreply 9305/29/2010

Billy Gilman certainly pings.

by Anonymousreply 9405/29/2010

I would never say Alan Jackson and George Strait in the same breath.

Alan Jackson is a very prolific songwriter, writes many of his own songs, and has won many awards for his songwriting ability.

George Strait does not compose.

George finally after all these years supposedly wrote a song a year ago with his son - his son probably did most of it.

by Anonymousreply 9605/29/2010

I think you misunderstand me, r90. I'm not saying country music today is pop music, but it might as well be. It's watered down pop. How does that grab you? Just cuz you add a little twang doesn't necessarily make it country. Why do you think there is so much crossover success of acts like Lady Antebellum, Shania Twain, Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, Faith Hill - the list could go on and on. And r92, you're just wrong. Name one song by Alan Jackson or George Strait that could be considered pop. Just one. They are both lauded by country music traditionalists because their sound is country.

by Anonymousreply 9705/29/2010

The Seashores of Old Mexico - George Strait Good Time - Alan Jackson It's Five O'Clock Somewhere - Alan Jackson

by Anonymousreply 9905/30/2010

You seem to have a very small repetoire of current country artists of which you are aware.

You seem to know big names only. There are tons of country artists who have albums, videos, and singles who are not big names.

I get the impression you listen to country music radio stations which play just mostly the big names.

by Anonymousreply 10005/30/2010

R98, here is the same article, but actually has a little more info than the article I posted previously.

by Anonymousreply 10105/30/2010

Ahem, we are talking about who supposedly is gay in the country music world. Thank you for all the other info, but stick to the subject. Now then, I think the tall guy from Lady A has got to be.

by Anonymousreply 10205/30/2010

I have listened to and loved country all of my life. I agree that the last decade has not been kind to the intent and the themes that country music has built up since the 1920's.

The pop sound of country has always been two-stepped around around the genre. Some people think that even the great Pasty Cline was pop. But what really changed country music to the form we have today was Garth Brooks. He made a profit by selling pop music, with a twang and some fiddle, to people who loved pop but were so-so about real country music. The would be-would cowboys-fratboys,the college girls, the mothers who wanted done depressing music music driving their kids to one thing or another. They responded to Garth Brooks. And Garth Brooks, who was only in it for the money and the fame, gave them what they wanted.

By doing that he introduced money into Nashville that was unheard of before. Waylon Jennings use to say that Garth Brooks did for country music what the pantyhose did for finger fucking. Brooks opened the door for the likes of Shania Twain and the others. And country may never recover,

As for gays - well we are everywhere hiding out in the open. Just open your eyes and ears and you will know who in country is gay.

by Anonymousreply 10405/30/2010

You know what, r99. I'm not going to argue with you. It's a matter of opinion. While I hear those songs as more country sounding than the other stuff on the radio, you hear it as pop. I'll let you have this one.

by Anonymousreply 10505/30/2010

People are forgetting to mention here that a lot of these country music performers also have connections with the evangelical circuit. Randy Travis is one.

You want a WEIRD audience? Go to one of these evangelical concerts that feature performers like Travis. I actually attended one with a friend, who was doing a documentary on the phenomonem of these concerts. Western PA, and some hard core people.

Travis? Gay, gay, gay. Even his body language of stage reveals it.

by Anonymousreply 10905/30/2010

I take back 'Seashores of Old Mexico' sung by George Strait. That is not a good example.

by Anonymousreply 11005/30/2010

You know, r108, I was going to let it all pass. But when dealing with a fucktard like yourself, I just can't hold myself back. I never said there weren't genuine country artists, just that they don't play them on the radio. Or at least that is what I meant. Of course I know that there are artists who perform true country, but both you and I know that they don't get airplay. I never bemoaned they don't play true country, if I did I would just change the station. So take your holier than thou attitude and shove it up your ass.

by Anonymousreply 11105/30/2010

zzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 11305/31/2010

Yes, r109, Travis is a huge fundie. He does Christian music now so he's NEVER coming out.

by Anonymousreply 11405/31/2010

Shelby Lynne and Terri Clark will never come out as gay because of the fear of losing fans. I'm very glad that Chely Wright came out and has a book and a CD out. Chely also understands that she will lose some fans behind it.

by Anonymousreply 11705/31/2010

Does Terri Clark still have a career? I read that she lost her recording contract. And one never hears of her nor are any videos or singles of hers played on GAC or CMT channels.

by Anonymousreply 11805/31/2010

R118 here, I know that she might do performances like many performers do, but it doesn't make the media - under the radar, so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 11905/31/2010

Terri Clark performs all over the country. Of course it's usually in the lounge at a Holiday Inn, but the gal's still crankin' it out.

by Anonymousreply 12005/31/2010

She has the website below. I'll look through it.

by Anonymousreply 12105/31/2010

Sounds like Chely's coming out pushed Terri Clark deeper in the closet.....Terri's tweet on May 7th: "Frustrating that people are stereotyped or generalized as" bigots" or "homophobic" due to the type of music they like."

by Anonymousreply 12306/01/2010

Jennifer Nettles pongs.

She's also fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 12406/01/2010

Here's a picture of Rascal Flatts. I agree that they're great musicians. Gary LeVox can really sing.

I'm conflicted about this picture, though. On the one hand, they're using more hair products than all the contestants on RuPaul's Drag Race put together. And either Mr. LeVox is very, very blond or he tweezes his brows beyond recognition.

On the other hand... gurl, gitcha roots done! And is that a bedazzled crucifix? Really?

by Anonymousreply 12606/01/2010

Like Terri Clark, Jennifer Nettles has been married too.

by Anonymousreply 12706/01/2010

Random note....the guy on left and right of the above pic used to tour in Chely Wright's band before Rascal Flats.

by Anonymousreply 12806/01/2010

Joe Don Rooney or Jay DeMarcus or both played in Chely Wright's band, R128?

by Anonymousreply 12906/01/2010

The Rascall Flatts guys ALL look gay with the overly done hair, bedazzled clothes, and jewelry

by Anonymousreply 13006/01/2010

never mind - found answer to my own question

Rascal Flatts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia DeMarcus soon joined Chely Wright's band, and there he met Joe Don Rooney. ... While this version did not include "Life Is a Highway", it did contain three previously ... Rascal Flatts has the third-highest US country tour in 2007, ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rascal_Flatts - Cached - SimilarAbout Rascal Flatts Apr 7, 2009 ... DeMarcus soon joined Chely Wright's band, and there he met Joe Don Rooney. ... Rascal Flatts Tour Rascal Flatts won the award for "Top Vocal ... www.rascalflattstourdates.com/html/about_rascal_flatts.html - Cached - Similar

by Anonymousreply 13106/01/2010

from wikipedia:

LeVox and his second cousin, Jay DeMarcus, started out together in Chely Wright's band. One day, when the regular guitarist wasn't available, Joe Don Rooney stepped in. The three men say they felt the chemistry immediately

by Anonymousreply 13206/01/2010

Joe Don Rooney used to look so attractive. Very preppy and clean cut. Now, he looks just plain unclean and greasy. Gary LeVox (which is a stage name by the way - "Le Vox" is French for "the voice") and Jay DeMarcus look like clowns with that idiot hair, nnd if LeVox doesn't stop eating he's going to pop. He's bloated up like a balloon.

by Anonymousreply 13306/01/2010

Why do you say that, r123?

by Anonymousreply 13406/01/2010

How about ones we want to be gay!

by Anonymousreply 13506/01/2010

Every gay man in TN is on Ty Herndon's friend list on Facebook. He recently reached the limit, 5000 friends.

by Anonymousreply 13706/01/2010

I don't know about the performers but a large percentage of studio players, writers, producers, etc. in Nashville are gay and out.

by Anonymousreply 13806/01/2010

Loved how the guy thought that cops can't be female.

by Anonymousreply 14106/01/2010

"The small number of Democrats are insignificant or boycotted from Country Music Radio and the Awards shows, like the Dixie Chicks and k d Lang."

Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Trisha Yearwood, and Garth Brooks are Democrats and haven't been banned from radio or awards shows.

by Anonymousreply 14306/01/2010

"Most major Country Stars, Randy Travis raise money for the Republicans."

WRONG!!!!!!!!

Randy Travis supported and contributed money to Bill Richardson. Last time I checked he is a DEMOCRAT

by Anonymousreply 14406/01/2010

"Randy Travis supported and contributed money to Bill Richardson. Last time I checked he is a DEMOCRAT"

That's the ONLY Democrat he ever donated to. He actually campaigned for Bush 1 and Bush 2. Do some research. He wrote some shitty "Thousand Points of Light" song for Bush 1.

by Anonymousreply 14706/01/2010

Toby Keith?

by Anonymousreply 14806/01/2010

Hello!

by Anonymousreply 15106/02/2010

Faith Hill'd better start worrying, R151.

by Anonymousreply 15206/02/2010

I never heard of Billy Currington, but he sure is a hottie. Would love to hear the voice that goes with that face and body.

by Anonymousreply 15306/02/2010

Does anyone at DL know the status of Ty Herndon as of late? I saw at his website that he will be performing at Laughlin Nev. at the end of June for several nights. His Wiki page said that he is divorced from his 2nd wife. I recall hearing he got married after the scandel in Dallas. But I had never heard that there had been a previous Mrs. Herndon. Is he still closeted? It's a shame for such a handsome man to not be able to express his love freely because he feels he needs to stay in the closet.

This is from his Wiki page:

By 2000, Herndon was no longer being played on radio and by 2002 he had stopped touring. Thus began both a professional and personal downward slide that included a divorce from his second wife, bankruptcy, a weight gain of 75 pounds[8], a mugging in Los Angeles by three men at gunpoint[9], a lawsuit from a California dentist claiming that Herndon had not paid for emergency dental work[10] and another lawsuit from a former manager for breach of contract.[11] In 2004, he entered a drug and alcohol rehabilitation facility for the second time.

That would stress out any ordinary human being, but someone who is a known commodity must take it harder.

Any information on this man would be appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 15406/02/2010

Ty just passed 5000 friends on Facebook, a hell of a lot of them gay men. His pics show him with beautiful women and men. Judge for yourself, but the men look like lovers and the women look like bearding dates.

I have never slept with Ty, I have friends who claim they have, though I wouldn't vouch for their credibility.

A friend had a two album contract with Arista and was dropped after that for getting caught with marijuana he claims he got from a certain stuttering country star and his equally famous daughter. Arista didn't like that my friend lived a pretty out lifestyle. Beautiful young Dude though.

by Anonymousreply 15506/02/2010

Billy Currington does not look quite as good in real life as he looks in the photo, R153.

Do you have access to GAC or CMT channels? (both are country music fv channels) GAC plays Billy Currington videos, as does CMT.

Or if you look on youtube.com, I bet there will be a bunch of videos of Billy Currington singing.

by Anonymousreply 15606/02/2010

Billy Currington had a hit duet with Shania Twain and not a few country hits of his own. He knows what his fans want and often takes his shirt off in his music videos.

by Anonymousreply 15706/02/2010

oh yes, forgot about his website!

by Anonymousreply 15806/02/2010

I think Billy Currington is gay. And I believe that he might have been molested as a child.

I am starting to think Chuck Wicks might be gay.

Jimmy Wayne was homeless when he was young. We all know what often happens with homeless teenagers.

Trisha Yearwood- one great singer-but pings lez.

I don't care what anyone else thinks but that guy in Sugarland is gay.

Always thought Gary Levox was on the DL.

Wade Hayes, Rick Trevino, and Tracy Byrd were all hot- not gay but hot.

Sometimes I wonder about Keith Urban although that might just be because he is married to the modern day Elizbeth Taylor of gay men. Liz was a beard for Rock, Monty, and James Dean. Nicole has been a fag hag for Tom, Hugh, and maybe now Keith.

If Kenny Chesney is gay he does a real fine job of staying in the closet. He strikes me as confused. Not about being gay. But about himself. He is so addicted to the crowd. He has no other life. He pings because people feel how confused he is- but it is deeper than being gay or not. He might have been molested as well.

I heard once too that Buck Owens was gay. Could be. And I once heard that Brian White was gay. And that Ricky Skaggs cheated with a gay man and was caught. And that Rick Trevino and Rhett Akins were fuck buddies.

by Anonymousreply 15906/02/2010

Ty just changed his status on FB to "in a relationship". No pics of "her" or any mention of a name. Lots of congrats postings a few of them referring to "her" and "lucky 'lady'".

The first artist he lists in his favorite music list is Ricky Martin and the third is Levi Kreiss so he clearly is coding.

I do hope he is happy because I have met him and he seemed like a very nice guy who has stayed grounded and nice through a lot of dumb shit.

by Anonymousreply 16006/03/2010

Why on earth would you think that Billy Currington and Kenny Chesney were molested?

by Anonymousreply 16106/03/2010

re: Ty ...as gay as the day is long. Acknowledges it among his closest friends. He and Chely were/are members of the "glass closet"

by Anonymousreply 16206/03/2010

The members of Sugarland, like Rascal Flatts, acknowledge and welcome their gay fans in interviews and say they believe their music is "for everyone." Jennifer Nettles has gone even further by saying that she believes music is the great equalizer where we can all realize that gay people's relationships are no different than straight people's because we all experience the same kinds of longings and emotions. They are not homophobes by any stretch. They've been quite supportive of their lesbian ex-member and she left the band for unrelated reasons.

by Anonymousreply 16306/03/2010

R161, Billy Currington took a year or two off a short while back to deal with what he said was a long festering personal problem. I think he went thru rehab and/or counseling. People guessed it might be molestation.

by Anonymousreply 16406/03/2010

Billy Currington was never molested R159. He went into intensive in-patient counseling to deal with uncontrolled rage and anger management issues he was having because of the emotional and physical abuse he suffered as a child. I believe it was either his father or grandfather who treated him like shit, but it was not sexual abuse. He went back for a second therapy session that lasted 3 months some time after he resumed his career. All told he was gone for about 6 months. By the time he started back up after the 2nd session he had a whole new band.

Billy is a sweet (and very hot) little guy. Yes, he's quite tiny but he's got a body to die for. And that sultry voice is about as sexy as it gets.

Here's a picture that will give you an indication of how small Billy is. Trace Adkins is 6'6" tall and Billy looks a good 12" shorter than him so I'd put him at around 5'5" - 5'6" tall.

by Anonymousreply 16506/03/2010

R166, then I guess we'll rule out all rap, pop and heavy metal, too.

by Anonymousreply 16706/05/2010

Clint Black is gay (or at least a drive-by cocksucker). I saw him several years ago sucking dick through a glory hole at New Video II, an Adult Video store with a large arcade area, in Austin, TX. His brother is reported to be gay but I can't verify that claim. BTW...Old clint is Princess Tiny Meat; probably about 4 inches erect. I used to hang out at the aforementioned bookstore and have seen my share of celebs. G.W. Bailey was a regular as was a professional football player whose name escapes me now (This one was the kind of fag who would NOT ever get bashed...he was huge!).

by Anonymousreply 16806/05/2010

Billy Currington did not seem believeable in his music video where he was on a beach rolling around with a woman and supposedly making out with her.

He looked quite uncomfortable and not believeable.

by Anonymousreply 17006/05/2010

Which female country artists who were against Chely Wright for coming out of the closet?

by Anonymousreply 17106/06/2010

Chely pissed off: Kenney Chesney, Tobey Keith, Charlie Daniels, Earl Scruggs, Cowboy Troy, Reba McEntire, Randy Travis, Keith Urban, Brooks & Dunn and every major Country Music radio station in America.

The only 2 Country Music stations that exist outside of the USA (93.7FM in Vancouver and 105FM in Calgary) were OK with it, as were the Dixie Chicks and kd Lang.

by Anonymousreply 17306/06/2010

What a strange, odd, overly dramatic, overly emotional response to a simple comment, R172. Are you objecting to the comment because it implies that Billy Currington could be gay since he did not appear comfortable with making love to a woman in the video?

by Anonymousreply 17406/06/2010

What do you mean "The only 2 Country Music stations that exist outside of the USA"? Are there no other country music stations in Canada?

by Anonymousreply 17506/06/2010

"R176" I am a licensed Amateur Radio Operator (Ham Radio)...and we "Hams" are prohibited by international law from broadcasting music. Ham Radio is a hobby and is not a for pay service like Commercial Radio. In the event of a disaster or emergency, Ham Radio Operators provide public service emergency communications. BTW...a little known fact is that the term "HAM" is actually an acronymn derived from the name of a hobbiest publication from the early 1900's entitled "Home Amateur Mechanic."

by Anonymousreply 17906/07/2010

Yes, Ty is gay, for sure. When he was in Dallas a friend of mine dated him for a short time. He was kind of a mess back then. A cute mess, but still. Gay as pink ink. I promise.

by Anonymousreply 18006/07/2010

In the beginning almost all country music came from several powerful stations transmitting out of Mexico believe it or not. It had to do with copyright laws in the US I think.

by Anonymousreply 18206/07/2010

"Clint Black is gay (or at least a drive-by cocksucker). I saw him several years ago sucking dick through a glory hole at New Video II, an Adult Video store with a large arcade area, in Austin, TX. His brother is reported to be gay but I can't verify that claim. BTW...Old clint is Princess Tiny Meat; probably about 4 inches erect."

Finally! Some property gossip. And I nearly spit my coffee out at the "drive-by cocksucker" line.

by Anonymousreply 18406/07/2010

Chely pissed off: Kenney Chesney, Tobey Keith, Charlie Daniels, Earl Scruggs, Cowboy Troy, Reba McEntire, Randy Travis, Keith Urban, Brooks & Dunn and every major Country Music radio station in America.

The only 2 Country Music stations that exist outside of the USA (93.7FM in Vancouver and 105FM in Calgary) were OK with it, as were the Dixie Chicks and kd Lang.

Thanks for the information, r173.

by Anonymousreply 18606/07/2010

Didn't LA lose it's major radio station. For the years I lived in LA there was one station that billed itself as America's #1 country station. Because it was the only country station in LA County on FM and perhaps it really had a large draw. Then overnight it's corporate parents sold it and LA doesn't hasn't had country radio since. No great loss. As a person who grew up in Appalachia in a coal town, I remember when country music was really good: Tammy Wynette, George Jones, Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn so many more. Wow. When I listen to country music now on the radio it's such a goddamn joke.

by Anonymousreply 18706/07/2010

Yes, LA lost its major country radio station a couple of years ago. I think there's another, smaller one now, though.

More Nettles deliciousness for the country loving lesbians among us. And she doesn't use autotune: I've seen her live twice in concert. She was flawless.

by Anonymousreply 18806/07/2010

Los Angeles has a major country music station at www.gocountry105.com - Go Country 105 FM.

It was reinstated due to strong customer demand.

Also, many people in Los Angeles have XM-Sirius radio which has four strong country music channels.

by Anonymousreply 19106/07/2010

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 19206/08/2010

The USA is the only place Country Music has a large following, everything else is wishful thinking. Country Music is not only associated with Americans, but with Right Wing America.

The County Music Association knows that, if they wanted to change it, they could have. They could have stopped the black balling of the Dixie Chicks, but they didn't. The record companies could look for new artists outside of America, but they don't.

Keith Urban moved to Nashville, so he is a quasi-American like Mel Gibson. Shania Twain only mentioned she was born in Canada, long after she was a Country Star.

In spite of all this, that is not what is killing Country. What is killing Country Music, is the terrible quality of song writing coming out of these over-hyped, song poor Country Stars being produced today. Rascal Flatts had their biggest hit, with a redo of Life is a Highway.

Taylor Swift is just terrible at song writing, but she is a nice piece of ass and that still sells records.

by Anonymousreply 19306/08/2010

Taylor Swift isn't terrible at writing songs, but her songs are for a very specific artist. You can't be over 21 and hum along to her songs without feeling like an asshat. But if you're a 14-year-old girl, her songs really resonate. That's why she's huge - there's no other country singer that targets that demographic as shrewdly as she has.

She is, however, terrible at singing. But that just makes her even more accessible to the yearning 14yos that relate to her, since most of them are terrible at singing, too. She can't lose. (And she is hot.)

by Anonymousreply 19406/08/2010

*for a very specific audience.

Sorry about that.

by Anonymousreply 19506/08/2010

"She is, however, terrible at singing." The most recorded song in history (first recorded in 1905) is "Silent Night." Taylor Swift's version is considered the worst of the tens of thousands of recordings of this song. She sounds like a sheep giving birth to triplets.

by Anonymousreply 19606/08/2010

The words of Taylor Swifts songs may appeal to 14 year olds, but the music the words are sung to, sucks. That is her problem. Music is not the same as poetry.

Maybe she should stick to poetry for 14 year old girls and leave the music writing to somebody else.

by Anonymousreply 19706/08/2010

Fuck you R190. I grew up in Glady, West Virginia, and if this isn't Appalachia, I don't know what is. In fact if there are other gay people who grew up in Glady or around it I'd love to know you or that you even exist. But country music was really good before it became this total corporate shiteas entity.

by Anonymousreply 19806/08/2010

"The County Music Association knows that, if they wanted to change it, they could have. They could have stopped the black balling of the Dixie Chicks, but they didn't. The record companies could look for new artists outside of America, but they don't."

But no one outside of America is even interested in becoming a country singer, except for maybe some Australians and Canadians. It doesn't really matter, because the biggest country stars can sell so much in the US alone that they don't need to sell overseas. George Strait and Garth Brooks are mostly unknown outside the US, but they have more money than God.

by Anonymousreply 20206/09/2010

Why do you post on things you know nothing about and post outright lies, R202?

Elsewhere in the world Brooks was also considered a star, and he enjoyed hit records and sell-out tours in countries including Brazil, throughout Europe, the Far East, New Zealand, and Australia.[26]

This thread is full of fabrications.

by Anonymousreply 20306/09/2010

R203, you're an idiot. He may have had a few hits overseas but he doesn't even come close to selling as many albums overseas as he has in the US.

Maybe you're the one who shouldn't post outright lies!

by Anonymousreply 20406/09/2010

Toby Keith Conquers Europe Dec 1, 2009 ... From Sean Dooley, Former About.com Guide to Country Music ... I always enjoy hearing about country stars who do well overseas, especially in non-English ... had never done a proper European tour until very recently. ... countrymusic.about.com/b/.../toby-keith-conquers-europe.htm

Sugarland to Spend a Month touring Europe | Country Music News Blog Feb 20, 2009 ... Sugarland will be touring Europe with special guest Holly Williams. ... www.countrymusicnewsblog.com/sugarland-tour-europe/ -

by Anonymousreply 20506/09/2010

R204, you said: 'Garth Brooks is mostly unknown outside the US' at R202 The above is completely untrue. I gave you the facts: Elsewhere in the world Brooks was also considered a star, and he enjoyed hit records and sell-out tours in countries including Brazil, throughout Europe, the Far East, New Zealand, and Australia.[26] R204, Garth Brooks had sold out tours in Europe, Brazil, thruout Europe, the Far East, New Zealand, and Australia. Garth Brooks is not UNKNOWN at all in other countries and continents. You are unknowledgeable and a liar.

by Anonymousreply 20606/09/2010

Garth Brooks had sold out tours in:

Brazil, throughout Europe, the Far East, New Zealand, and Australia.

by Anonymousreply 20706/09/2010

Touring Europe does not mean doing well or touring gigs of any significance.

Anyways, most of these Country Tours outside of the USA are for US military personal serving abroad. The locals rarely attend these shows.

by Anonymousreply 20806/09/2010

R208, Garth Brooks tour in Europe, the Far East, New Zealand, Brazil, and Australia had NOTHING to do with singing at miliatary bases.

He was NOT performing at military bases.

Garth had sold out regular tours in all of the above places.

Stop with the more lies and trying to minimize for your own agenda.

Toby Keith and Sugarland toured Europe separately.

Toby Keith does some USO shows for troops, but Toby also had a regular European tour.

You are also talking about things you know nothing about.

And doing 'well' you question? Garth had sold out tours in Europe. I guess you never saw the film of frenzied huge enormous crowds in Ireland for Garth.

by Anonymousreply 20906/09/2010

sorry, typo - military

by Anonymousreply 21006/09/2010

You don't have to perform at military bases to have a US audience. There are many US citizens living abroad, including US military personal, who leave the base to attend concerts.

The non-US market for Country Music is just not there. Spin it to please yourself if that is what you need to do.

by Anonymousreply 21106/09/2010

Phil Vassar Headed To UK & Europe January 12th, 2010 •1/26 – London, England •1/28 – Dublin, Ireland •1/29 – Belfast, Ireland •1/30 – Glasgow, Scotland •2/1 – Untermeitingen, Germany Toby Keith Plans European Tour June 24th, 2009 Nov. 9 Glasgow ABC, Glasgow, Scotland Nov. 10 Hammersmith, London, England Nov. 12 Olympiahalle, Dublin, Ireland Nov. 13 Odessey, Belfast, Northern Ireland Nov. 15 Pumpehuset, Copenhagen, Denmark Nov. 16 Cirkus, Stockholm, Sweden Nov. 18 House of Culture, Helsinki, Finland Nov. 21 Spektrum, Oslo, Norway Nov. 22 Vestlandshalle, Bergen, Norway

by Anonymousreply 21206/09/2010

The only reason Chely Wright gets played at all in Canada is her one-hit wonder track 'Single White Female' is classified as CANCON. Radio stations in Canada are pretty much forced to place it on medium rotation. Canadian DL will know what CANCON means.

by Anonymousreply 21306/10/2010

Chely Wright is NOT a big country music artist in the U.S. Most country music fans in the U.S. have not even heard of her.

She is more of a fringe person - not well known.

by Anonymousreply 21406/10/2010

Still her one hit song 'Single White Female' is her only number one song on the country charts.

Most other fringe artists don't even have number one songs

by Anonymousreply 21506/10/2010

Chely Wright also had a song out before that called "Shut Up and Drive."

by Anonymousreply 21606/10/2010

Saying "most" country music fans don't know who Chely Wright is, is totally false.

by Anonymousreply 21706/10/2010

"Still her one hit song 'Single White Female' is her only number one song on the country charts."

That is her only number one hit on the country charts but she had at least 8 songs that went top ten on the country charts. Most country fans have definitely heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 21806/10/2010

"You are unknowledgeable and a liar."

You are the "unknowledgeable" one. To get a few thousand people to show up for a concert in a country that has millions of people means nothing. Also you keep quoting sources that talk about Garth's alleged "hits" in other countries without specifying what these hits are or how well they charted.

by Anonymousreply 21906/10/2010

R212 all those gigs are bar gigs. There is not one concert stadium there. So yeah, they tour all over Europe playing to packed houses of 124 maybe 197 on a good night, people. Most of which are Americans abroad coming to the shows.

Technically if I stand on the corner of Christopher Street and Bleeker and play a guitar, that was my NYC debut. If I then do the same in Londo, England, I technically have an international tour.

by Anonymousreply 22006/10/2010

The following year saw Garth's international stature rise to stunning heights, and fans around the world anxiously awaited Garth's 1994 World Tour. Excitement started early in Ireland, where an estimated 130,000 Irish fans streamed into the downtown area in search of show tickets after it was announced that Garth would be playing The Point in Dublin in the spring of 1994. In less than two and a half hours, 34,000 tickets for the four shows were sold to those with the proverbial luck of the Irish. Police finally had to disperse the crowd so the city's merchants could get back to business.

The tour took Garth to 13 countries and played to over a quarter million fans outside of the U.S. In Barcelona, the crowds paid him their highest compliment, screaming, "Torero! Torero! Matador! Matador!"

by Anonymousreply 22106/10/2010

R220, you are WRONG. Spektrum in Oslo is a huge concert arena. Only the major stars play there, like Britney, Christina etc. Vestlandshallen in Bergen is also a pretty big arena.

by Anonymousreply 22306/10/2010

Shania Twain is HUGE in Europe and Asian countries, and she has sold out huge stadiums.

by Anonymousreply 22406/10/2010

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 22506/11/2010

"R226" Wouldn't that be "A Pride of Queens?" Just askin'

by Anonymousreply 22706/22/2010

Why is Shelby Lynne afraid to come out of the closet?

by Anonymousreply 22806/22/2010

Why is Shelby Lynne afraid to come out of the closet?

I thought she had come out when she did that tour with Kd lang.

by Anonymousreply 22906/22/2010

Garths Tour was 17 years ago. Clinton was just elected for the first time. The Internet was not even known about yet, AOLs web browser was still in development, tech geeks surfed dial-up chat boards for porn with 2400 baud external modems.

Bush drove the world away from America and their right wing Country Music. The rose colored glasses need to go people.

by Anonymousreply 23006/22/2010

"It's always interesting when a little pack of queens who don't like country music go out of their way to prove that country music is practically unheard of outside of North America. Of course none of these queens has the slightest idea what they're talking about, but they love to ramble on as if they do."

It's interesting when cracker queens like you pretend that country is huge overseas, even though people like Garth Brooks sell FAR more albums inside the US than outside it

"Shania Twain is HUGE in Europe and Asian countries, and she has sold out huge stadiums."

Shania Twain isn't country. (And Garth Brooks is just barely country. Funny how people try to "prove" that country is huge overseas by pointing to pop singers instead of real country acts)

by Anonymousreply 23106/22/2010

What difference would it make if there are country albums on overseas charts? You would just claim that they're being bought by all those Americans living overseas, wouldn't you?

by Anonymousreply 23306/25/2010

"What difference would it make if there are country albums on overseas charts? You would just claim that they're being bought by all those Americans living overseas, wouldn't you?"

Uh, there won't be. You might find one or two at most.

by Anonymousreply 23406/25/2010

As usual, an interesting thread has turned into a ridiculous pissing contest about the popularity of country. Enough. Who cares about whether or not these people have followings in Europe? %0D %0D Back to the original question...%0D %0D Travis is as gay as a goose. Among the older country stars, I heard about Clark and Owens. I can understand Clark, but Owens? Hmmm. Of course, anyone who would perform with Dwight Yokum does raise a red flag. In his youth Yokum was gorgeous.%0D %0D Today he is merely beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 23508/18/2010

"In his youth Yokum was gorgeous. Today he is merely beautiful."

With his hat covering his eyes, he's gorgeous perhaps, but once he takes off that hat, he looks like he's no generations from poor white trash. However, good nutrition has given him some length of bone.

by Anonymousreply 23608/18/2010

Dierks Bentley ... I wish.

(sigh)

by Anonymousreply 23708/18/2010

My boyfriend loves this song. Seven bridges Road by Steve Young

by Anonymousreply 23808/18/2010

Keith Urban looks like a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 23908/18/2010

This thread is strangely popular! I am the only one in my group of friends who likes country music,most of my friends laugh at me for liking music make by homophobic rednecks.

by Anonymousreply 24108/18/2010

Dolly Parton

by Anonymousreply 24212/06/2010

Your misogyny is killing queers.

by Anonymousreply 24312/06/2010

If you don't like country, you can kiss my ass!

by Anonymousreply 24412/06/2010

Terri Clark and Anita

by Anonymousreply 24512/06/2010

'Shania Twain isn't country'

Country Music Association says otherwise. She is only one of six women to win the highest honor in Country Music - Entertainer of the Year

by Anonymousreply 24612/06/2010

Anyone who thinks country music is not popular outside America has apparently never traveled to the UK, Holland, Sweden, Brazil, Argentina, Australia, and many other countries. American country music stars are just as popular outside the US and play all sorts of venues, large and small. Just because a major country music star plays large stadium venues doesn't mean they don't also play much smaller club venues as well. You're just as apt to see Keith Urban playing a club venue with 3-400 people as you are to see him playing a stadium venue with 30-40,000 people. And trust me there are many country music clubs in the US that easily hold 500 or more.

by Anonymousreply 24712/06/2010

Anita who, R245?

by Anonymousreply 24812/06/2010

Anita Bryant?

by Anonymousreply 24912/06/2010

I wonder if Chuck Wicks is gay.%0D %0D I have a feeling he might be.%0D %0D His year or so relationship with Morman Julianne Hough.....%0D %0D His appearances on Dancing with the Stars.%0D %0D His seemingly lack of interest in other women since Julianne.

by Anonymousreply 25012/06/2010

sorry, Mormon

by Anonymousreply 25212/06/2010

"Anyone who thinks country music is not popular outside America has apparently never traveled to the UK, Holland, Sweden, Brazil, Argentina, Australia, and many other countries"%0D %0D %0D %0D Please. SOME people in those countries might listen to country but it is not very popular anywhere outside the US and maybe Canada. Any glance at country music album sales will tell you that. Someone like Garth Brooks will sell WAY more albums in the US than outside of it, whereas pop artists like Madonna sell more outside the US than inside it. You are the one who needs to travel more.%0D %0D %0D %0D "She is only one of six women to win the highest honor in Country Music - Entertainer of the Year"%0D %0D %0D %0D So what? They give awards to pop/country or "country" singers. Shania Twain isn't real country, only hausfraus like you think she is. Listen to some Hank Williams if you want to know what real country is. Shania Twain sings pop songs.%0D

by Anonymousreply 25312/06/2010

If Dolly Parton and Loretta Lynn say Shania is Country, then Shania is country.

End of story.

by Anonymousreply 25412/06/2010

Shania Twain's COUNTRY album Come On Over, is the best-selling album of all time by a female musician. That includes sales in UK, Germany, AUT, tNZ & Australia.

by Anonymousreply 25512/06/2010

What difference does it make whether you think Shania's music is country or not, R253?%0D %0D You are a constant buffoon on this topic.%0D %0D Shania's music is unique and different in its own way and special in a way that stems from Shania only.%0D %0D All music from each individual artist does not need to be categorized - it just needs to be appreciated for its special characteristics, lyrics, sound, harmonies that it possesses.

by Anonymousreply 25612/06/2010

[quote]Anita who, [R245]?%0D %0D Anita Cochran

by Anonymousreply 25712/08/2010

Thanks for the video R257. Anita is annoying. Does Anita say "No babe" at about the 1:26 mark?

by Anonymousreply 25812/08/2010

Yeehaw

by Anonymousreply 25912/08/2010

Olivia Newton-John was one of the first country artists to cross over to Pop. She was also rumored to be a lesbian, but that has proved unfounded over the years. She married her second husband a few years ago and lives in Florida now.

by Anonymousreply 26012/08/2010

Speaking of Anita, WEHT Miss Anita Price-Czech? She was a frequent poster here about 10 years ago. Any of you other DL old timers remember her? Just thinking.

by Anonymousreply 26112/10/2010

OK, let's continue the discussion about Terri Clark and Anita Cochran, and Emily Saliers and her new GF (Tristian).%0D %0D A poster in the Chely Wright thread said TC would fuck either sex.

by Anonymousreply 26212/14/2010

Re: Terri Clark%0D %0D Here's a band rehearsal clip with interesting interaction between TC and Anita

by Anonymousreply 26312/14/2010

oh my god, what dykes. who knew!

by Anonymousreply 26412/14/2010

Terri is fat. When did Terri Clark get so large?

by Anonymousreply 26512/15/2010

Terri Clark's mother died earlier this year, R265. Maybe the weight gain is related to that.

by Anonymousreply 26612/15/2010

Terri is not fat. R265 keeps posting this comment and it's going nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 26812/15/2010

Why are you saying the thread of Terri Clark being fat is going nowhere? She is fat. She's heavier than she's ever been. And it probably is because of her mother's death or it could be that her career is on the downhill slide and she just doesn't care that much anymore. It happens to most female singers, once they don't have hit records anymore, they stop trying to keep up with the barbie dolls. I don't blame her. Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 26912/16/2010

What about Amy Grant? Didn't she go from Xtian bimbo to Carpet Muncher?%0D

by Anonymousreply 27012/19/2010

I wish, R270. She's married to the guy she had the affair with. They keep a pretty low profile.

by Anonymousreply 27112/19/2010

Amy Grant has been married to Vince Gill for eleven years!%0D %0D They don't keep that low of a profile.%0D %0D They both perform on stage regularly.

by Anonymousreply 27212/19/2010

I think Terri Clark looks great in the video at R267.%0D %0D I think her hair looks fabulous - love it long and flowing - looks incredibly great. Much more beautiful than when she wore it shorter.%0D %0D Her face looks really attractive too.%0D %0D And she doesn't look fat at all in that video.

by Anonymousreply 27312/19/2010

Terri does look good in that video. But there are still some douchebags who insist that unless a woman looks like she is starving herself to death, then she is fat. Personally, I like a little cushion for pushin'.

by Anonymousreply 27412/19/2010

I don't see any 'fat' in that video.%0D %0D Not sure what anyone who claims fat is perceiving because Terri is certainly not overweight nor fat in that video.

by Anonymousreply 27512/19/2010

Does Vince Gill have some medical condition or does his weight simply yoyo? When he first made it big, he wasn't exactly trim but he was hunky. Around the time he hooked up with Amy Grant, he really ballooned and then a few years ago, it appeared as if he lost a good deal of weight. When I saw recent photos of him at some country awards, it looked like he gained a lot of the weight back.

by Anonymousreply 27612/19/2010

Kenny Chesney is a known closeted gay in Nashville. Everyone knows it. I cannot believe he hasn't been outed. His boyfriend even travels on the road with him as his "trainer".

by Anonymousreply 27712/22/2010

Is Shane McAnally (aka Shane Mack) gay? He wrote Kenny Chesney's new gender neutral song Somewhere With You. I love this song. The lyrics are much better than most country songs.

I won't sit outside your house And wait for the lights to go out Call up an ex to rescue me, climb in their bed When I'd much rather sleep somewhere with you

Shane also has songs featured throughout the gay film Shelter.

Is he related to Mac McAnally?

by Anonymousreply 27812/23/2010

Bump

by Anonymousreply 27912/26/2010

Does anybody know Anita Cochran's story, other than she's a great guitar player?

by Anonymousreply 28012/28/2010

Yay for a country music thread. I was going to start one about Garth Brooks. He totally pings to high heaven IMO. Did anyone see the recent Larry King interview w/him?

More about "Big Red" please and less about country music's popularity in other countries. Who even gives a fuck about that?

by Anonymousreply 28112/28/2010

What's Ty Herndon been up to? Is he still making nusic?

by Anonymousreply 28212/28/2010

Just for you R282.%0D %0D Looks like he was surprised to get a Grammy Nomination. That's a nice thing to happen to a gay guy.

by Anonymousreply 28312/29/2010

[quote]Is Shane McAnally (aka Shane Mack) gay?

With a name like that, he should be.

by Anonymousreply 28412/29/2010

Suzanne Alexander?

by Anonymousreply 28501/04/2011

Ricky Skaggs.

by Anonymousreply 28601/04/2011

Here is a reason to NOT spend money in Nashville or anywhere else in Tennessee.

by Anonymousreply 28701/04/2011

Country music is NOT just for Repubs. YES, they get more airplay. Come to Nashville, we have an awesome underground scene. Peopple are just living honestly for the most part. Who is an OUT of the closet country singer.. Shelby Lynne Ty Herndon (Openly Gay, but does not talk about it publicly) Waylon Payne Chely Wright (Mainstream country, openly acknowledges her homosexuality) Garth Brooks SISTER is openly gay. (Thats why he's a huge gay rights advocate, along with Trisha Yearwood) Dolly Parton is a gay right advocate Jennifer Nettles & Kristian Bush of Sugarland are advocates. Kellie Pickler, Martina McBride among others, have hung out at our local gay dance bar "PLAY"

by Anonymousreply 28801/09/2011

Thanks R288. Some people just don't get it or want to get it. Just like in every other part of life there are good people and bad people on the country music scene. I would say most are good. When you throw in gay rights we might lose some, but there are still good people left. Thanks for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 28901/09/2011

[quote]Does Vince Gill have some medical condition or does his weight simply yoyo?

Vince just likes food, period. He comes from fat people. He once said his mother weighed over 300 lbs.

He eats, gets fat as a pig, and then loses most of it until he goes on another binge.

by Anonymousreply 29001/09/2011

Tim and Faith are very pro gay rights and are very open and honest about their beliefs. I've always thought Tim was one of those men who is so comfortable with his masculinity that he could care less if some other male insinuated he might go the other way. Quite frankly, I think he's such a sexual being that he has no problem admiring another good looking man. Who knows, with the right situation he might even be willing to take a dip into the love that dares not speak its name.

I know one thing, that is one damn sexy man.

by Anonymousreply 29101/09/2011

Country Music is largely the music of White, Heterosexual, Republicans. There may be 1 or 2 exceptions to this, but those exceptions are statically negligible.

Further more, Country Music is American music with few exceptions. Country Music fans are not fond of foreigners, even from Canada or Australia.

by Anonymousreply 29201/09/2011

[quote]Shania Twain's COUNTRY album Come On Over, is the best-selling album of all time by a female musician.

No. That would be Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill.

by Anonymousreply 29301/09/2011

Oh shut the fuck up you ridiculous fool R292. You talk like some uppity city queer who trembles at the sight of any man outside whatever queer ghetto you live in.

by Anonymousreply 29401/09/2011

R295 you've apparently never been to most European countries. They are WILD for country music over there. The UK, Francy, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, The Netherlands, Switzerlan and many others. Almost every country music star (even the lesser known ones) do European tours every year to packed houses. No, there aren't a great many country singers outside of the US, Canada and Australia (there are some from the UK and Holland) and that's mainly because to sing country music you must be able to produce a certain sound and many foreign singers simply can't produce the type of sound that makes a good country song.

And I happen to know that country music is very popular in Japan also and there are actually several Japanese country music singers. I believe there's one Japanese country singer who is a big act in Branson, Mo. Yes, they sound ridiculous but they are still popular at least with the Asian community.

by Anonymousreply 29601/09/2011

As Johnny Cash said, if you don't like country music, you can kiss my ass.

by Anonymousreply 29701/09/2011

I'm with r288. Y'all can't paint a genre with the same brush. And r292 is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 29801/09/2011

Brandi Carlile is an out lesbian. Her music is pretty country. As a matter of fact, she does an incredible cover of Patsy Cline's "Crazy."

by Anonymousreply 29901/09/2011

R293 According to the Recording Industry Association of America, Shania Twain's "Come on Over" is the best-selling album by a female artist, with U.S. sales of more than 20 million.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 30001/09/2011

Interesting thread guys. I'm over in England, a fan of what you might call country pop... Country women...

Anyway my point : Miss Jennifer Nettles - Wow Wow Wow I've long been worshiping at the alter of Emily Robison but Miss Nettles has recently captured my..well more than just my heart!

Hopefully attending an intimate Sugarland showcase in London in a few days and can barely contain myself. I know she's divorced but I've also seen mention of a girlfriend back in her early Atlanta days..anyone know more on this or is just lesbian wishful thinking?

I look forward to more juice on this thread - if I do not pop with glee at the sight of Miss N in the flesh!

by Anonymousreply 30102/06/2011

Chely herself talks about how she's the only out one.

by Anonymousreply 30202/06/2011

Jennifer Nettles KICKED OUT the founding member of Sugarland because she was a lesbian.

Hardly gay friendly.

by Anonymousreply 30302/06/2011

I love the Band Perry and their single "If I Die Young"

by Anonymousreply 30402/06/2011

She pings and I luv her, Tanya Tucker. Incredible voice and great taste in songwriters.

by Anonymousreply 30502/07/2011

"Chely herself talks about how she's the only out one."%0D %0D %0D That is, if you don't count k.d. lang.%0D

by Anonymousreply 30602/07/2011

k.d. lang came out AFTER she left the country music scene.

by Anonymousreply 30702/07/2011

Ty Herndon will be performing at Don Laughlin's Riverside Hotel and Casino in Laughlin, Nevada March 22 through 27. I'll be there, you should too.%0D %0D Make sure to watch him at the Grammy's February 13.

by Anonymousreply 30802/07/2011

I can't imagine that Ty is 'openly gay'. He seems to live pretty deep in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 30902/08/2011

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 31002/08/2011

Ty walks a weird line. It's a pretty open secret that he is gay in Nashville. He shows up a lot of gay events

by Anonymousreply 31102/08/2011

WHET the one who was kicked out of Sugarland?

by Anonymousreply 31203/03/2011

Does Barbara Mandrell have anything against gays and lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 31303/04/2011

How do you know this R303?

by Anonymousreply 31403/04/2011

Wynonna and Trisha Yearwood

by Anonymousreply 31503/04/2011

Trisha Yearwood is not a lesbian. She was married to some guy in a country band. Can't remember the name. She is now of coarse married to Garth. And I have never believed thise rumours. I get why some might think she is but i seriously doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 31603/04/2011

Ty is hot, anyone here get to know him personally?

by Anonymousreply 31706/15/2011

Toby Keith isn't a democrat anymore. He hasn't been for a while.%0D %0D %0D I found a few articles about it if you google, but the lame Yahoo Questions section summarized it best.

by Anonymousreply 31807/30/2011

[quote] Does Barbara Mandrell have anything against gays and lesbians?

In her book she wrote how she mourned the death of many of her dancers (from her variety show) over their bouts with liver cancer.

by Anonymousreply 31907/30/2011

Country singer Gary Morris (theme song from Another World) his son (Matt Morris from Mickey Mouse Club) is an openly gay country singer.

by Anonymousreply 32007/30/2011

I pray it is true that Waylon Payne is gay, love that guy.

by Anonymousreply 32107/30/2011

Interesting to read R288's mention of Kellie Pickler hanging out at his local gay club; I've always thought she pings to high heaven. She toured twice with Taylor Swift and every picture she's taken with Swifty, Pickles looks like she wants to eat her up and she can't stop touching her. Pickler also claims Dolly Parton as her idol and inspiration, and of course Dolly is in an LTR with a woman.

Pickler married some no-name ugly old dude on New Year's Day in the Bahamas with no one else at the ceremony. Yeah, true love, I'm sure. Like Marcia Cross and the guy from her church.

Has anybody seen the pics of Kenny Chesney fangirling around Peyton Manning? Kenny isn't keeping any secrets in those.

Haven't really heard any rumors about Keith Urban, but why would a straight guy marry Nicole Kidman? Unless Nic somehow discovered a love for cock very late in life, that's another contract marriage like she had with Cruise.

It would be very nice if the rumors about Brian White were true. And if I got the opportunity to find out, personally. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 32307/30/2011

bump

by Anonymousreply 32408/11/2011

Kenny Chesney. Ever see this dude out with a chick. He could have any hot piece of ass in the world.I love his music,,and I don't care if he's gay. I just have a feeling he is.

by Anonymousreply 32508/16/2011

ummm... Rascal Flatts arent gay. don't believe me? %0D Gary Levox (singer) is married to his wife Tara, and they have two girls Brittany and Brooklyn.%0D %0D Jay DeMarcus (bassist/pianist) is married to a model Allison and they have a daughter Madeline.%0D %0D Joe Don Rooney (guitarist) is married to a former playboy model Tiffany and they have a boy and a girl Jagger and Raquel. %0D %0D look up your information before you post something and sound like a dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 32608/28/2011

Loretta Lynn's grandson is openly gay

by Anonymousreply 32708/28/2011

Ty Herndon is a super nice guy and VERY nicely endowed! I knew him back in the 90's, have not seen him in years but doubt his personality has changed much.%0D

by Anonymousreply 32909/09/2011

Tampa at R329, you don't offer up whether you know if he is gay or not. Knowing that he has a nice schlong doesn't tell us whether he like to have guys suck or girls.

I'm not surprised you say he's a really nice guy. He sure comes across like an easy going fellow. And he's really easy on the eyes - when he was a little heavier and these days.

by Anonymousreply 33009/09/2011

DEFINATELY Billy Currington. I've seen him interviewed, and he pinged major the entire time. He was also a bit evasive about the whole girlfriend thing, and as of yet he isn't linked to any woman. Also, Shane MacAnally. His songs are all throughout (and I believe written for) the gay film "Shelter", and he's got "anal" in his last name (I kid, I kid...).

by Anonymousreply 33109/16/2011

Randy Travis Ty Herndon Kenny Chesney

You can take it to the bank.

by Anonymousreply 33209/16/2011

So this is the Republican thread on DL?

by Anonymousreply 33309/16/2011

Shelby Lynne will never come out of the closet because she knows her career will be done.%0D %0D That goes the same for Terri Clark.

by Anonymousreply 33409/17/2011

I forgot one...Chris Cagle. I once read that he hit on some guy backstage at one of his concerts

by Anonymousreply 33509/17/2011

Man%2C%20Chris%20Cagle%20-%20I%20so%20hope%20that's%20true.

by Anonymousreply 33609/17/2011

Next?

by Anonymousreply 33709/18/2011

Aaron Tippin--ALWAYS in tight jeans, ALWAYS showing massive bulge. The guy just looks like a leather daddy in a sleazy gay porn film.

by Anonymousreply 33809/18/2011

More Aaron

by Anonymousreply 33909/18/2011

Aaron again

by Anonymousreply 34009/18/2011

Good god, some of you silly queens and your "assumptions". This "Sidewinder" guy is a lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 34109/18/2011

Forget your librium today Sidewinder?

by Anonymousreply 34309/18/2011

I wish some of you would just STOP with the idea that marriage = sexual orientation.

That's such a naive concept.

by Anonymousreply 34409/18/2011

I wish some of you would just STOP with the idea that unmarried, good looking, male, celebrity = gay.

That's such a pathetic and lunatic concept.

by Anonymousreply 34509/18/2011

r326 - um, Rascal Flatts are the EPITOME of "lipstick and Prada Queens" from the pic posted of them.

by Anonymousreply 34709/18/2011

According to another thread, Aaron Tippin at one time could be had by men if the price was right.

by Anonymousreply 34809/18/2011

Aaron's been tippin' towards gay for years, MARY!

by Anonymousreply 34909/18/2011

Someone should tell the douchebag at 341 and 343 to take his naive head out of his arse.

by Anonymousreply 35009/18/2011

by Anonymousreply 35111/07/2011

Aaron Tippin married late and was a little too obsessed with working out to pass for straight, if you ask me. Plus he had that lesbian flat-top. (I bet he still looks good too.)

by Anonymousreply 35211/07/2011

I heard about some alt. country/country singer who was addicted to meth who got arrested for looking for men to have sex with to support his habit.

He's clearly bisexual or gay. This was not a famous guy either.

by Anonymousreply 35311/07/2011

There were rumours about Mary Chapin Carpenter at the height of her popularity. She was pretty much drummed out of country because she resisted being called 'country' after she'd gladly accepted two CMA Female Vocalist of the Year Awards. Many saw her as the typical interloper of the time - someone who grabbed the country label to get airplay and a generous record deal. Her music was a little too smart for country.

Trisha Yearwood was first married to Robert Reynolds(?) from The Mavericks, that cool band that lasted about three years and then faded away.

by Anonymousreply 35411/08/2011

Trisha was married to a guy before Reynolds as well. Doofus college boyfriend, I think. Spent time around M.C. Carpenter in the 90s because of my job. Not gay.Total prep school field hockey vibe though. It can be confusing.

by Anonymousreply 35511/08/2011

Terri Clark coming out wouldn't hurt her career, R334. There is nothing left of it.

by Anonymousreply 35611/08/2011

Kelly Clarkson keeps denying she's a lesbian. Methinks the lady protests too much.

by Anonymousreply 35711/08/2011

I know Kelly Clarkson sings pop music, but she has sung with country artists such as Reba McEntire, Martina McBride, and Jason Aldean, to name a few. So, I think she is trying to slowly change genres. Anyhoo, I think Kelly is gay all the way. She will come out soon I think.

by Anonymousreply 35812/22/2011

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 36012/24/2011

I want Ty Herndon under my Christmas Tree wearing a big red bow.

Haven't heard much about him lately, so I just googled him. He released a contemporary Christian record last year - at least according to wiki. I suppose that means he is even farther away from coming out. Yet it seems like he's kicked some of his personal demons because apparently he's off of drugs now.

But who really knows?

by Anonymousreply 36112/24/2011

Deanna Carter

by Anonymousreply 36212/25/2011

Deanna Carter went to the porn with James Denton (Desperate Housewives)

by Anonymousreply 36312/25/2011

Loretta Lynn used to regularly motorboat Dolly Parton's enormous funbags backstage at the Opry.

by Anonymousreply 36412/25/2011

Matraca Berg. She's married to Jeff Hanna from the Nitty Ditty Dirt Band. Does anyone think she's ever cheated on him?

by Anonymousreply 36512/25/2011

Dolly Parton is bisexual.

Kenney Chesney is gay but we all know that even straight people know it.

by Anonymousreply 36612/27/2011

2 of the members of Rascall Flatts (not the lead singer, the other 2) were members of Chely Wright's band back when Single White Female was a huge hit.

by Anonymousreply 36712/27/2011

A few years ago, a friend of mine worked as a studio technician on one of George Strait's albums and George grabbed his ass one late afternoon when no one else was around. My friend jumped back and was like "WTF?" and George was very apologetic, saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry". My friend's not the type to make up stories so I have no good reason to doubt him.

by Anonymousreply 36812/27/2011

Thanks R368 you're the usual EST of "I have a friend, or a FOAF" who was with said celebrity/person and that person totally cruised them or propositioned them for sex and OMG it HAS to be true since my friend never makes anything up.

by Anonymousreply 36912/27/2011

Toby Keith is not a Democrat. He has already stated that.

by Anonymousreply 37001/29/2012

Re-R368, everyone knows George is NOT Strait.

by Anonymousreply 37101/29/2012

[quote]Nor is Clint Black.

WHAT?!?!

by Anonymousreply 37201/29/2012

Have we discussed Dolly and Holly...

Dolly is of course Miss Parton

and Holly Dunn...

by Anonymousreply 37301/29/2012

Regards to 323....Keith Urban will do anyone as long as the drugs are good.

Bi as bi can be.

Besides does Nicole Kidman have girl parts?

by Anonymousreply 37402/19/2012

I'm now wondering about the brothers in The Band Perry.

I'd never seen them on stage before, but after their performance on the Grammys, I'm thinking the younger one seemed a little gay. Heck, the older brother could be too for that matter.

Anybody know anything about them?

by Anonymousreply 37502/19/2012

Im a Nashville musician and I know a drummer that was good friends with Kenny Chesney's tour manager/band manager. His name is/was Monty something (who he said a gay as well).

My friend told me that everyone close to Chesney knows he's gay....but their all making money off him "NOT being gay".. so no one is saying anything. If it was to get out.... Chesney would be DONE in country music. Until there's some solid proof the brainwashed, bible belt androids won't believe it.. because they are so naive.

His day is coming I believe... you can only hide something like that for so long. I think it's truly amazing that they have controlled this information so well for so many years.

Just goes to show you... that if you have enough money or work for the right people they can protect you from almost anything.

by Anonymousreply 37604/06/2012

Kenny Chesney. Isn't he the one that was married to Renee Zellwegger? She had to divorce him and stated that he "was not the person she thought he was".

by Anonymousreply 37804/09/2012

R378, yes, Chesney and Zellweger were married.

Terri Clark - PING!

Terri Clark - PING!

Terri Clark - PING!

by Anonymousreply 37904/09/2012

Kristyn Osborn

by Anonymousreply 38004/09/2012

This is one of the oldest threads on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 38104/09/2012

Chris Cagle would have to be bi, not straight gay. His first tour that came here, well his bus was groupie city. He was with LOADS of women when he was here.

by Anonymousreply 38204/24/2012

WHO CAR IF THEY ARE STRAIGHT GAY OR BI THERE MUSIC IS SHIT HOT SO THEIR PRIVATE LIFE SHOULD REMAIN PRIVATE

by Anonymousreply 38404/25/2012

Speak up Chez, I can't hear you.

by Anonymousreply 38504/25/2012

Ty Herndon got a big ole. P P. Two of ny friends hooked up with him.

by Anonymousreply 38604/25/2012

"Some people think that even the great Pasty Cline was pop."

Patsy crossed over into just about every genre, from country to rock n roll to pop to the blues.

And did so beautifully.

by Anonymousreply 38704/25/2012

I can't believe spangle-wearing, boot-clad stage performers who live on the road could have other than heteronormal outlooks.

by Anonymousreply 38804/25/2012

The whole Renee Zellweger mess still baffles me.I mean how can you come out screaming fraud and later backtrack when you notice that outing him was going to destroy him .

Did they just meet and get married the next day without getting to know each other well??

by Anonymousreply 38905/02/2012

ZZZZZ

by Anonymousreply 39005/03/2012

Welcome to DL r391! First day on the site?

by Anonymousreply 39205/04/2012

"...unmeaningful lifes", R391? I do believe you mean LIVES.

by Anonymousreply 39305/04/2012

charlie daniels is a brokeback mt man with assless chaps and loves to saddle up the ol baloney pony

by Anonymousreply 39405/13/2012

R389 I'm baffled at how that was swept under the rug so easily too. Whatever happend did not end well AT ALL. Neither of them discuss it (or if they do, it's VERY vague). I wonder what REALLY happened.

by Anonymousreply 39505/13/2012

"...meaningless lives...."

by Anonymousreply 39605/14/2012

Ty Herndon is quite hung... We messed around in his truck at North Park Mall in Dallas and I am a guy...

by Anonymousreply 39705/15/2012

R397 Was that a long time ago or more recently? What's his personality like?

by Anonymousreply 39805/15/2012

I used to think Kenny Chesney was gay until my cousin became friends with a chick who had been having sex with him for a few years off and on. I wasn't convinced still until we went out to one of his shows and after I witnessed a very drunk Kenny all over this chick, face in her tits and all. I'm wondering if he's bi or where this other info comes from because if he's gay he does a good ass job of pretending to be into pussy. I do know though that his trainer is not his lover, he's from Nashville, married with a child an d definitely not gay

by Anonymousreply 39905/16/2012

[quote]Ty Herndon got a big ole. P P. Two of ny friends hooked up with him.

An ex (yes, that one) claimed to have had an ongoing thing with Ty Herndon and said that he did have a really big cock. He also said he was a total bottom.

Could be true. However, to paraphrase Mary McCarthy, every word out of his mouth was a lie, including "a" and "the".

by Anonymousreply 40005/16/2012

I think Kenny was in love with the idea of marriage and never gave deep thought to what a real marriage to Rene or any other woman would entail.

He seems quite naive in that regard. And in a recent interview he said he had no idea what really being married would be like so when he and Rene got married everything was a shock to him in terms of how one spends one's time as a married person and how two lives are joined, etc.

I saw some photos of Rene's Connecticut rural house last week which she is selling. I remember reading that Rene wanted Kenny to live in that bare bones rural rustic farm house and Kenny felt very uncomfortable there. They tried living there together (why I don't know, only that she had purchased it) and it was a failure.

From Kenny's recent interview, I think he wanted total freedom in the marriage and wanted to continue his single guy always on tour life and that didn't mix with the marriage.

I believe he is bisexual too.

by Anonymousreply 40205/29/2012

To the poster who asked if Kenny and Rene even knew each other before marrying -

they did barely know each other and had only known each other for three months before marrying, and I think their meetings during that three month period were all on the road during his constant touring.

by Anonymousreply 40305/29/2012

I cannot believe most of these replies I have read! I am a die-hard country music fan, enthusiast, and SINGER, and you people are making us look bad with your stereotypes and what-not. Just because somoene's into country music doesn't mean they have to be a republican. I was brought up in a democratic household and choose to remain a democrat to the day I die. It really bothers me that many of you think that a person's sexuality affects their choice in a political party. A homosexual can be a part of any political they please, whether it's democratic, republican, etc. Country music is not "Republican music"; it's music for everyone. Whoever said, "I saw the Country Music awards this year. Talk about a crowd no gay person would feel comfortable in. Plus they had a no-name black guy finish off the show. Obviously, they know they have deep bigotry image problems, not just with gays", I feel greatly insulted. I would feel very much comfortable at a country music awards ceremony because I am with many other people who are fellow country music lovers. I wish I could go to every country music awards ceremony whether it's the CMA Awards, ACM Awards, CMT Music Awards, etc. Obviously, the "wise guy" who talked about Rascal Flatts is not a (true) R.F. fan, or "Flattshead", as we call ourselves. The lead singer's name is Gary LeVox, and he has a wife and daughter. His cousin, Jay DeMarcus, whom I assume you referred to as a "butch", also has a wife. If I'm not mistaken, Joe Don Rooney is either engaged to a woman or has already married her. And that "no-name" black guy you're referring to is Darius Rucker, who --by the way-- is a superstar in country music as well the movie industry. Stop with your stereotypes and ideas because they're very much wrong.

by Anonymousreply 40406/06/2012

Any inside goss on Terri Clark, Wynonna or Shania?

by Anonymousreply 40506/16/2012

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 40606/17/2012

Mentioned a few times on DL that Shania is a bog ole homophobe behind the scenes. Hope that is not true. Chely Wright supported her early in her career when the rest of Nashville snubbed her, it would have been nice for her to support Chely now in her time of need.

by Anonymousreply 40706/17/2012

I know for a fact Kenny Chesney is Gay.

by Anonymousreply 40808/08/2012

In light of the Randy Travis arrest, I've also wondered anout Marty Stuart. He's a flamboyant dresser, married an older woman, and has had his share of DUI arrests. Any rumors?

by Anonymousreply 40908/08/2012

I have a little cousin who's in the closet and oddly enough he likes to get drunk and ride around in the nude.

by Anonymousreply 41008/08/2012

Rhett Akins. Been there done that. He has a thick one.

by Anonymousreply 41108/08/2012

Gary LeVox of Rascal Flatts is known to go both ways.

by Anonymousreply 41208/09/2012

Randy Owen of the band Alabama is also bi. In fact he was a "good buddy" of Kenny Chesney during his early career and hooked Kenny up with his Manager. They both like girls and boys.

by Anonymousreply 41308/09/2012

Good tea, R413!

by Anonymousreply 41408/09/2012

Kenny Chesney & Randy Travis also recorded a duet on one of Kenny's early albums.

by Anonymousreply 41508/09/2012

I'm a songwriter in Nashville, and know or have at least met most of the people you're talking about here. And you're off base on a lot of them. Kenny Chesney is not gay. He flirts with men big time, but he's not gay, he just likes the attention. But he's straight. Billy Currington. Damn, the jury is out on him. I've written with him. Nice guy, but a little weird. great body! He hangs out with chicks who look like porn stars and just oozes sex, and I also get a gay vibe from him. He lives in Hawaii in his off time to avoid prying eyes. My guess is he's just an equal opportunity slut who just likes sex, and doesn't care where it's from, but he's probably more straight. The others who are gay: Ty Herndon. Chely Wright. Shelby Lynne (who's also a bitch.) That's all i can think of right now. it's a pretty straight industry, believe it or not.

by Anonymousreply 41608/09/2012

Thanks, R416!

Didn't Currington undergo therapy a few years back for abuse that he suffered as a child? Never said what type of abuse. Based upon his song, he may have lived with an abuse alcoholic male relative.

by Anonymousreply 41708/09/2012

Toby Keith is gay. His penis is small, it looks like an acorn.

by Anonymousreply 41808/09/2012

R1411-I have hear tha Rhett Akins is bi-and that he and Rick Trevino were together a couple of time. I think Chesney is probably bi. He is too insecure to in any realationship where he is not he star. He is more a fame whore than a homo. Billy Currington had pictures on his My Space of this good looking bald guy all over the place.

R412- I think all of the Rascal Flatts have been with guys. The lead singer didn't ping with me until I learned that he and Jamie Foxx use to be roommates. I really Jamie Foxx is gay.

by Anonymousreply 41908/09/2012

Gary LeVox of the band Rascal Flatts had a short relationship with actor Jamie Foxx when they shared a love den in Los Angeles for a short period of time. Gary's hetro family and gay lover both have places in Nashville.

by Anonymousreply 42008/10/2012

R416, do you have any information or insight regarding Marty Stuart. Like Randy Travis, he married an older woman and has had DUI/intoxication arrests. He dresses flamboyantly and in the past used to toy with his sexual/gender ambiguity. Hell, even Beavis and Butthead made a comment during one of his videos that went along the lines of, "Whose that hot chick?" "Marty Stuart."

by Anonymousreply 42108/10/2012

"Any inside goss on Terri Clark, Wynonna or Shania?"

The consensus on Clark is that in her younger years she did a lot of fooling around with both genders.

Now that she's older and less "famous", she's pretty much settled in to being quietly lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 42408/10/2012

R422, I guess that's the price of having "married" Renee "Squinty Eyes" Zellwegger.

by Anonymousreply 42508/10/2012

Lots of gay people say they're against same-sex marriage...it's their closet manifesto.

by Anonymousreply 42608/11/2012

Ty Herndon dated for a long time one of my lawn maintenance guys (very handsome men, just gay) when we lived in Nashville, TN. They were very much a couple for quite a long time. We had heard 20 years ago that Randy Travis was gay also as were multiple members of an award winning gospel group. Go to any of the upscale hair salons and you will be told all the Nashville gossip.

by Anonymousreply 42708/11/2012

Gay or not gay? Who cares!! Kenny is a great preformer and a voice that would make anyone love him. Gay or not gay, I still love him. I would not stop going to see him EVERY year.

If he is or isn,t I hope he finds real love.

Jeanine

by Anonymousreply 42808/13/2012

Ty Herndon cruised me big time in a small gay-owned, upscale stationery and accessories shop in Dallas a really long time ago. He was with some woman but would linger and wander away from her as she shopped around. He had a big hit at the time and, shortly thereafter, was arrested in a cruisy roadside park just south of Fort Worth for whipping it out for an undercover cop. At first I didn't know who he was but thought he looked somewhat familiar - then it clicked as to who he was. I'll admit he was pretty hot but nothing was going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 42908/14/2012

Has Ty Herndon ever come out publicly? I know he's still involved in country music but with a much lower profile these days. Last time I checked, he hadn't been connected to another female after divorcing his wife.

A few year back I remember seeing pics of him on vacation in Greece (or somewhere Mediterranean) with a good looking dude that apparently played in his band. They looked like they'd have made a fine couple.

Any news on Ty?

by Anonymousreply 43008/15/2012

R27 Has it absolutely right.

by Anonymousreply 43108/15/2012

"Any inside goss on Terri Clark, Wynonna or Shania?"

Terri Clark was in Germany for two small gigs near Munich a couple of weeks ago. Small club. Two friends of mine attended the show. ( Married straight couple) Both said she was cold as ice after the show and every now and then even pretty rude when somebody asked for a second autograph or dared to asked for a picture with her.

It's not like she is filling arenas here. She was all professioanl during the show though.

Strange.

by Anonymousreply 43208/16/2012

Chesney for sure. THe gay looking one withthe frosted tips in Brooks and Dunn.

Country is a tough vibe I think to come out since it's right wing white trash red staters listening to it so they have to keep it in the closet to stay marketable.

Maybe times will change when minds can get more progressive? Judas Priest hasn't really lost it's fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 43308/16/2012

I have on good information that an intervention is being set up for singer Randy Travis and many of Nashville's biggest gay and bi stars have volunteered to help their friend, including Chesney, LeVox and Sugarland members.

by Anonymousreply 43408/17/2012

R421, Marty Stuart's wife is no ordinary "older woman." She is Connie Smith, perhaps the greatest female country singer of the mid-1960s (between the death of Patsy Cline and the emergence of Loretta Lynn).

by Anonymousreply 43508/17/2012

[quote] have on good information that an intervention is being set up for singer Randy Travis

They had better hurry up, R434!

by Anonymousreply 43608/25/2012

Kenny-cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 43708/25/2012

Marty Stuart has a hairy hole

by Anonymousreply 43808/25/2012

My friend cleans Kenny's tour van, big stash of gay porn

by Anonymousreply 43908/25/2012

Hank Williams and Johnny Cash were gay. . . with each other.

by Anonymousreply 44008/26/2012

R432 her mother died of cancer last year, after a lengthy battle. Give her a break, she is still grieving.

by Anonymousreply 44108/26/2012

[quote] Give her a break, she is still grieving.

R441 - Terri Clark probably is still grieving, but if she was cold and grumpy (and she mightn't have been!), then it's hard to blame that on the death of her elderly mother a year and a half ago.

by Anonymousreply 44408/26/2012

Well known that Hank Williams Jr loves to visit gay leather bars after he has had a few. Likes the swing with a little fist action.

by Anonymousreply 44508/31/2012

R444 it takes some people YEARS to get over a death of a parent.

by Anonymousreply 44608/31/2012

R445 , no excuse to be a bitch to fans especially when she tries to gain new fans in a forreign country where she is hardly known. Doesn't she always try to sell herself as the 'girl next door'?

by Anonymousreply 44709/01/2012

Sorry, I meant R446.

by Anonymousreply 44809/01/2012

There are great many new country singers I get the gay vibe:

Hunter Hayes

Chris Young

David Nail

Brantley Gilbert

One or both of the guys in The Band Perry and Glorinna

by Anonymousreply 44909/09/2012

People just need to keep to their own damn business and stay out of everyone elses. They are great at what they do and nobody complains except either

A.) You have WAAYY too much time on you hands; or B.) You don't like country music; or C.) You just flat out jelious that the can sing and you can't.

by Anonymousreply 45009/15/2012

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 45109/15/2012

"There is a long-running thread on gays in country music."

Yes, but this one is called "Country Music Gays" not "Gays in Country Music". Huge difference.

by Anonymousreply 45209/29/2012

I think Kenny Chesney gets a hard on over Tim McGraw.

by Anonymousreply 45310/02/2012

R443, How is speculating that someone is gay going to ruin their life? It's not like anyone is saying people are out shooting babies or some shit. Geesh. If you can't take gossip on a gossip site you best move on.

by Anonymousreply 45410/02/2012

Seems like the Country fraus like R443 have found Datalounge as they have search their favorites on the web. This is a gossip site, get over it!

by Anonymousreply 45510/04/2012

Speaking of country music gays, George Strait recently said he was going to stop touring.

by Anonymousreply 45610/05/2012

"George Strait has a thing for young, Latino guys, but then who doesn't?" I'm one who doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 45710/05/2012

Dwight Yoakum used to ping like crazy! He was sexy with those tight leather pants. I think it was a talk show host, (Johnny Carson?) who once patted him down in a caressing manner. So what happened? Ans: He took off his hat!

by Anonymousreply 45810/05/2012

Garth Brooks is either bisexual or gay.

Randy Travis and Kenney Chesney are gay for sure.

by Anonymousreply 45910/09/2012

One of the country networks has a reality show called "Farm Kings," about four hunky brothers who are farmers and who have their shirts off most of the time. Though they are not gay, they're worth looking at.

by Anonymousreply 46010/09/2012

"I think it was a talk show host, (Johnny Carson?) who once patted him down in a caressing manner."

Details please.

by Anonymousreply 46110/09/2012

I went to see Rascal Flatts last night. I have never seen them perform before and didn't know any of their songs (only went because I was invited by someone nice).

The lead singer flounced about the stage like a drag queen.

They flashed up a huge photo of him and his wife. Talk about protesting too much.

Miss Thing is gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

by Anonymousreply 46210/21/2012

On a related matter, singers Garth Brooks and Connie Smith, and studio pianist Hargus "Pig" Robbins were just inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame.

by Anonymousreply 46310/24/2012

I like Garth. He's one of the few country music people who I like and listen to. Plus he makes a real pretty French whore.

by Anonymousreply 46410/24/2012

Garth Brooks is apparently closeted just google Garth Brooks and big red.

by Anonymousreply 46510/24/2012

There was a recent blind item about Kenny Chesney telling Rene Zellweger that he didn't want to go all the way til after they were married. And once they did he still couldn't get it up for her even with the help of Viagra. They got in fights and he even beat her up over it and broke her arm. He just loves men and has no interest in women.

by Anonymousreply 46610/24/2012

What's with Connie Smith and her much-younger husband, Marty Stuart? Smith started out with a bang with the 1964 country hit "Once a Day" but then quit showbiz to be a full-time. Christian housewife.

by Anonymousreply 46710/25/2012

[quote] What's with Connie Smith and her much-younger husband, Marty Stuart?

From memory, I think that Smith has been married multiple times and is very, very religious.

by Anonymousreply 46810/25/2012

I have seen pictures of Ty Herndon making out with a small time male country singer in Austin. It's not even news in Austin. Just a fact. And have seen semi-nude pictures and had a friend that knew the whole urinating in the bushes story. He got caught tryin to pick up a a man not knowing he was a cop. A la George Michael. He and Kenny Chesney are the worst kept "gay men" secrets in the country nusic world. Who cares? Does it really matter who they love. It sucks Kenny put Rene Z through the whole fake marriage incident. It's also sad Sugarland kicked out the "butch woman" right before they became huge. But that was Nashville's marketing machine at work. Randy Travis is just f'd up. Who knows if he is coming or going. One reason I don't like country music. The freakin' politics.

by Anonymousreply 46910/29/2012

Shelby, just come out already!

by Anonymousreply 47010/29/2012

Just in case you're wondering what R470 meant, here's what Shelby Lynne said when asked about her sexual orientation by Stephen L Betts:

[quote] Are you asking me if I'm gay?

[quote] You have balls enough to ask me that?

[quote] Well, then, ask me! [laughs] Let me put it to you this way. I've been around the world and back so many times, I think everybody's gay. Everybody's a little gay. As far as my personal life, I don't go into details because that's all I've got. With the person that I allow out in the music, that's plenty. But I am secure enough to say that of all of my relationships, I've covered the boundaries. [laughs] I don't think there's any need anymore in our time and era for titles or brands ... because either way you try to sensitize it, somebody's going to be offended. So the best thing to do is just be who you are and be proud of it and hopefully everybody can love who they want to love. I certainly wouldn't want to offend anybody who is gay and out and all that kind of stuff. It's not my concern what other people do. It's only my concern about how I conduct myself. I believe in a person's privacy. Not everything has to be announced. Why state the obvious? There's a curiosity about a lot of people's sexuality but you also have to respect that not everybody wants to sit around and talk about it.

[quote] OK, good point. So I will stress, even more importantly, it's not what you want to announce to the world -- and if you do, that's great -- but you don't have to. You don't have to be labeled something, in society's terms. You just need to be. That's what I would tell young 'uns and people that are struggling, who say, "I know I'm gay but I can't come out because of my family or whatever." Just decide. You don't have to be under any rules. It's OK to be a freak. Be proud of your freak-ism, man. Haul it on out there. I see a change in the universe. Maybe it's just me, but as hard as it is to watch the news and see the misunderstanding that people have as they judge other people and their lives -- that's, right there, the word -- judgment. We can't do that to each other because it doesn't matter. Come over to my house and eat some tomatoes. I don't care who you love. It's about eating tomatoes together. I feel bad for kids that have that struggle. There's only so much hiding you can do until you blow up. I see Nashville and how it's changed and there are these hip, cool places. Twenty years ago it was hard to find some cool places.

[quote] I don't care about it anymore. I'm still not going to talk about my personal life. Who I'm f---king doesn't matter. But I'm not going to sit around and say I haven't experienced pretty much everything there is to experience, because I have, on purpose. I'm a curious human being. So I'll leave it at that.

Sigh. I was going to buy her album. But now I won't bother.

by Anonymousreply 47110/30/2012

In other words, Shelby eats pussy but she's going to play coy because she has a CD to flog and tickets to sell.

And I LOVE Ty Herndon. I wish he could make a comeback, and this time live his life openly.

by Anonymousreply 47210/30/2012

Billy! Garth! Ty! Kenny!

by Anonymousreply 47310/30/2012

test

by Anonymousreply 47411/18/2012

Ok,some of these I;m surprised by,others I had heard and some others I had thought maybe,but had not heard anyone else suspect. Now heres a list I have wondered about. Noone wore more flamboyant outfits and seemed gayer than Porter Waggoner. In older age Bill Anderson seems very queenish. If we are questioning Marty Stuart(for pretty good reasons)then what about the guy he had a big association with:Travis Tritt. And when all the rumors about Randy Travis were going around,he was writing a lot of songs with Alan Jackson;who I also thought seemed rather feminine at times. Richie McDonald and most of Lonestar seem quite gay,down to the lisp. I once read all the Country bands(in 90's?)have one gay member..Mel McDaniel was another one I thought seemed gay,and thought I heard him mention a guy a few times;like they were a couple. In a RS interview Merle Haggard made a comment about how big Hank Snow was,then covered himself and said it was known by all. Trace Adkins has made some comments and songs that really seem to be trying to appeal to a gay audience.

by Anonymousreply 47511/18/2012

REBA loves the gays!

by Anonymousreply 47611/18/2012

Reba's brother Pake,who had a few hits;seemed kinda gay to me. Theres a Country Singer on The Voice this year who appears to be pretty openly gay(he sang 'Jolene;please dont take my man..').

The older Country singers used to be all Democrat. Emmylou Harris,Willie Nelson,Merle Haggard..the true artists;its the one who are more in it for the money who are Republican.

by Anonymousreply 47711/18/2012

"Alan Jackson;who I also thought seemed rather feminine at times"

In what ways is Alan Jackson feminine?

by Anonymousreply 47811/20/2012

It's MISS Connie Smith.

by Anonymousreply 47911/20/2012

"I'm sure that I'll get over you as time goes by...

'Cause I've found three ways to ease the pain...cry, cry, cry."

Miss Connie Smith, from a 1969 appearence on Hee-Haw! She was a purty little thang. Give her a look, at the link.

by Anonymousreply 48011/20/2012

Freddie Fender??

by Anonymousreply 48111/20/2012

Slim dusty is so gay. He propositioned me in the restrooms and he fucked me in the restrooms, where he propositioned me. It was confusing, I was too young to know what was going on, but he wasn't "slim". he was dusty.

by Anonymousreply 48211/30/2012

R483..you in panties turns on your wife. Can I get her number?

by Anonymousreply 48412/12/2012

I live in Nashville, and am a songwriter. I've met most of the performers. You're wrong on a lot of the people you think are gay. Garth, for one. He's very open and gay-friendly -- and I remember an old blind item that was allegedly about him -- but I just don't get a gay vibe from him. I also think he's the kind of guy who would be honest about it if her were. He's a stand-up guy. Kenny Chesney? He's a big flirt, with both men and women, but I don't think he's gay, either. He flirts a lot just to get attention, but I don't believe he sleeps with men. I've seen him hit on women a number of times, and it seems sincere. Some of the others are gay: Chely Wright, Ty Herndon -- who is very handsome in real life -- but that might be it. I've spent some time with Dolly and her bff whose name escapes me right now. Her friend was obviously gay, and they were very comfortable with each other. I wouldn't be surprised if they are lovers, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were just best friends and one happens to be gay. Her friend is very rednecky. Dolly is funnier than you would believe. Truth is: the country music industry just doesn't draw gay people. I am one of the few gay writers in town, and everybody knows everybody's business. If any more of the performers were gay, the industry would hear about it. It's a small town, and no one keeps a secret very well. So, trust me, there just aren't that many gay performers.

by Anonymousreply 48612/29/2012

R486 What about The Band Perry boys? Something unusual about those two.

by Anonymousreply 48712/29/2012

just got done fucking Kenny

by Anonymousreply 48812/29/2012

R486, what about Marty Stuart. Thanks for the inside info.

by Anonymousreply 48912/29/2012

The inside info that no one is actually gay? Yeah, thanks much for that.

by Anonymousreply 49012/29/2012

[R481] I drew Freddie Fender's blood at a hospital

by Anonymousreply 49112/29/2012

r486 here. I've never met the Band Perry guys, and have never heard anything about them one way or another. I don't know. I always wondered about Marty Stuart, too, but he seems much gayer in photos than in real life. He just seems like a redneck in real life. I think he camps it up for the camera, and he dresses flamboyantly, which would make you think he's gay. I don't think he is, though. His marrying an older woman has more to do with his respect for country music heritage than anything else, I suspect. I think a lot of performers look gayer in photos than they really are, because the stylists feminize them somewhat to make them more mainstream. Oh, there is one current guy I have my doubts about: Billy Currington. He's got a fantastic voice and a rockin bod. We used to go to the same gym. The guy just oozes sex. He's not that good looking, but, dear God is he sexy. Before he moved out of Nashville, I used to see him every so often with real slutty looking porn star kinda girs, and they'd be all over each other. Despite that, i still thought he'd probably jump in bed with a guy. He really is hot as hell, and he's not my type. He's fucking sexy.

by Anonymousreply 49212/29/2012

What's the story with Justin Utley? How come no one mentions him? Hot Garth-like bear.

by Anonymousreply 49312/29/2012

I wish that Shane Stevens was a DL poster. He was part of the Nashville cast of Girls Who Like Boys Who Like Boys.

He's a singer, but for now he has better success as a songwriter for others - Lady Antebellum, Gloriana, Kelly Pickler, and Sara Evans among them.

He would have some good gossip. But he also seems like a decent guy so he probably wouldn't spill much. But it would be fun if he gave some blind items without naming names.

by Anonymousreply 49412/29/2012

Ha. I know Shane. I don't know if he posts here. Maybe? But he wouldn't talk about other people he know. He's only capable of talking about himself.

by Anonymousreply 49512/29/2012

R486/r492, what comments have you heard about Marty Stuart's flamboyant clothing and his looks?

by Anonymousreply 49712/29/2012

R496 -- On what basis would you say I sound "immature?" And for the record, I've written many singles -- written with Billy Currington, in fact -- and have been nominated for writing awards. Someone comes on here and offers some real information instead of wishful thinking gossip, and he gets criticized? It's people like r496 that make me wonder why I bother checking this site as often as I do.

by Anonymousreply 49812/29/2012

R486/492

I asked about The Band Perry guys, I have a feeling if they are not gay something else is up with them. Just a feeling. One of them seems not so bright also.

I have seen Billy Currington a couple of times and yes, he is not conventionaly handsome but sexy voice and attitude.

by Anonymousreply 49912/29/2012

[quote] On what basis would you say I sound "immature?"

If you are a significant songwriter, and if you had frequent professional interaction with Billy Currington, you would not be outing him or writing about him in such a 'fan boy' way.

by Anonymousreply 50012/29/2012

Dolly Parton once noted, famously, that there were just three real female singers around—Barbra Streisand, Linda Ronstadt, and Connie Smith. "The rest of us," she said, "are only pretending."

by Anonymousreply 50112/29/2012

[quote]Dolly Parton once noted, famously, that there were just three real female singers around—Barbra Streisand, Linda Ronstadt, and Connie Smith.

What a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 50212/29/2012

GARTH BROOKS- And the Thunder Rolls, was it the sequel to ITS RAINING MEN?

by Anonymousreply 50301/07/2013

[486] Randy Travis. What about him?

by Anonymousreply 50401/07/2013

(R36) check out itunes TERRI CLARK has her own company and is solid in Canada also has sold out shows across the U S every year since devloping her own co. :)

by Anonymousreply 50501/07/2013

504 -- 486 here. And this whole thing is strange. I post some first-hand info on here, then get blasted for telling the truth. Sometimes I don't understand this shit. As for Travis, I really don't know. After he was discovered -- which was long before I moved here -- he had already moved to Hawaii and hasn't spent much time in Nashville at all. I always assumed that he was gay, but, lately, with all the strange trouble he's been in, I'm inclined to believe he's just a dumb straight redneck.

by Anonymousreply 50601/07/2013

Check out Drake Jensen, he's out of Canada but is fighting to make it in country music.

by Anonymousreply 50701/08/2013

LOL R503!

by Anonymousreply 50801/08/2013

I haven't seen or heard from Mark Wills in several years. Seemed like a sweet guy - I always wondered if he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 50901/08/2013

Mark Wills sort of puts me in the mind of Vince Gill.

There's a guy named Shane McAnally who goes by Shane Mack nowadays who I've always suspected may be gay. He's never linked with a woman, and he wrote the music for the movie "Shelter". Oh, and he's very hot.

by Anonymousreply 51001/08/2013

^ Well, with a name like "Mc[bold]Anally[/bold]" ...

by Anonymousreply 51101/17/2013

That gal who had the popular ht "red Neck Woman" a fw years back has major lezzie vibes

by Anonymousreply 51201/17/2013

The Nashville guy here. Shane McAnally still goes by Shane McAnally. His singing career didn't take off, but he's been having great success as a writer. He wrote a recent big Kenny Chesney song, Come Over. He's also co-producing a new singer named Kacey Musgraves, who is fantastic. her first single -- Merry Go Round -- is out now, her cd will be out in the Spring. Check out Merry Go Round on YouTube. I don't want to out Shane, but, uh, look at the picture in the above link. Do you really have to wonder? Really?

by Anonymousreply 51301/17/2013

Nashville guy back -- I forgot to answer re Redneck Woman singer Gretchen Wilson. STRAIGHT STRAIGHT STRAIGHT. I know her. She's hard as nails and the Redneck Woman song fits her to a tee. I used to work with her. She's not exactly unfriendly, just very tough, but she's had a rough life. Her career is gone. If she were a little nicer and willing to listen to sage advice, she still me be relevant.

by Anonymousreply 51401/17/2013

Good dish, R513. I kinda figured Shane was gay. What do you know about Billy Currington? He totally pings to me.

by Anonymousreply 51501/17/2013

I've answered about Billy Currington before in this thread, and got flamed for it. So I'm keeping my mouth shut. He really is a fantastic singer. He does a duet with Lionel Richie on his last duet cd, and he's just about the only one who holds a flame to Lionel. He's got a wonderfully soulful voice. And he has an incredible body.

by Anonymousreply 51601/17/2013

Chely Wright is knocked up....with twins.

I hope Ty Herndon is the bio daddy. Those could be some purty yunguns.

by Anonymousreply 51701/24/2013

Chely's wife is referred to as "Lauren Blitzer-Wright" in the article, but Chely is just "Chely Wright", not Chely Blitzer-Wright. Does that mean she's the top? If so, why isn't Lauren acting as the baby-incubator?

Who was the egg donor? Chely or Lauren? - or perhaps they used one egg from each of them - marinated in the sperm of some anonymous hot Blatino to counteract all the white, blondie-ness of the two - how cute!

By the way, Blitzer-Wright is an awful-sounding name. I guess the kids will be Blitzer-Wrights, too. How tragic. There needs to be a better alternative to name hyphenation.

by Anonymousreply 51801/24/2013

I know he's not gay, but I would fuck Luke Bryan until his asshole fell out.

by Anonymousreply 51901/24/2013

[quote]I would fuck Luke Bryan until his asshole fell out.

Mmm, you and me both! Watch his sexy ass in this video and notice how the shadow of the mic and mic stand at the very beginning of the clip resembles a cock pointing straight up...

by Anonymousreply 52001/24/2013

[quote] We feel like God blessed us with twins

God?

by Anonymousreply 52101/25/2013

I opened for Roy Clark with my cousin Shelly a long time ago. Meeting him backstage, I was impressed by the man. He does display some effeminate traits and I wouldn't be surprised if he is gay. He IS a great musician and a truly decent fellow. Gay has nothing to do with that.

by Anonymousreply 52201/26/2013

Well, I knew a main stream music icon and he was continually seeing articles about his sexuality even though he kept silent as a principle. He married and divorced a film star and she began a coy campaign to dig up the rumor mill once again. I'm an out gay married (to a man) and both my husband and I became good buddies with him, particularly after the divorce. My better half finally just asked him outright why she hinted it was something to do with their private time together. He finally said "we'll, the truth is that I enjoy sex! I enjoy sex a lot. And all kinds of sex...front door and sometimes back door." While there was tension in the marriage, that was ultimately why she left! Even though he respected her wishes, she couldn't handle knowing she preferred only the missionary sex and couldn't always "do it" to his satisfaction. There you have it, one reason among many that cause straight public personalities these unfair rumors. Just give them the benefit of the doubt until THEY decide they wish to share more.

by Anonymousreply 52304/08/2013

Interesting post about Kenny Chesney. .

by Anonymousreply 52404/08/2013

Terri Clark, I'm gay and ever since I was seven I told my mama I was gonna marry her one day....I swear up and down she's gay.

by Anonymousreply 52704/08/2013

I feel about Country Music the way some Dataloungers do about the prospect of dining at Chilis or Dennys.

by Anonymousreply 52904/08/2013

Any gossip from backstage at last night's awards?

by Anonymousreply 53004/08/2013

Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan opened the show thusly:

Blake: How about giving it up for Sherwin Williams for painting Luke's jeans on?

Luke: You know how Blake's jeans are like a Motel 6? No ball room!

by Anonymousreply 53104/08/2013

I am bumping this thread hoping that someone will link us with photos of Hunter Hayes, preferably naked from the waist down.

by Anonymousreply 53204/16/2013

Those jokes go over well with the country music crowd, R531. I betcha the crowd of hill billies ROARED with laughter.

by Anonymousreply 53304/16/2013

Slim Whitman was a leather daddy with a 14 inch cock. It was a monster.

by Anonymousreply 53404/16/2013

R534 Slim Whitman's drawn-on mustache gave me a boner every time I saw him on TV. His yodels made my asshole pucker.

by Anonymousreply 53504/16/2013

Hunter Hayes. I hear from a friend that he's a total power bottom twink. I mean the frosted tips? Only child, religious family - they are going the denial route. Expect a fake girlfriend arrangement to start popping up soon.

by Anonymousreply 53604/17/2013

Gretchen Wilson was a guest host on The View today, and it made think back to what Nashville Guy had written about her earlier in this thread (r514). She was actually a pretty good cohost cause Gretchen speaks her mind and has the kind of presence that doesn't get drowned out by the chirping voices.

Anyway she has a new album and she didn't get specific but she talked about how she's produced the record on her own without the usual help the labels do for artists. She was vague, but said that other people handled her career the way she couldn't have, and it took her 7 or so years to figure it out.

I was listening and thinking about what Nashville Guy posted and hoping that she'd be specific about what she thought the problem was. But she didn't. She was one of the Big & Rich proteges (is that the correct plural?) and I always assumed that John Rich was a good guy and great friend to have in the industry. She didn't mention his name though so I didn't learn anything about if there relationship went sour.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of hers or anything. Just thought it was curious that she is trying for a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 53704/25/2013

Chely Wright had her twins this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 53805/20/2013

I had this fantasy that Vestal Goodman (country-gospel singer) would have been outed as a drag queen after her death. It would have knocked the chaw out of many a mouth.

by Anonymousreply 53905/20/2013

Hunter Hayes has major gayface!

by Anonymousreply 54006/15/2013

George Strait certainly isn't str8; but neither are Garth, Randy Travis, or Brad Pasley.

by Anonymousreply 54106/17/2013

Also forgot the obvious Kenney Chesney but that should not be a surprise to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 54206/17/2013

Also forgot Kenney Chesney but that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 54306/17/2013

Strait was reared...

by Anonymousreply 54606/18/2013

I don't care who Sucks who Just AS long AS they Leave ME THE HELL ALONE. BUT YOU NO IT DON'T MEAN NOTHING/ thanks dannyj

by Anonymousreply 54707/13/2013

More gossip!

by Anonymousreply 54807/14/2013

Travis Tritt was on Wendy today and he kinda pinged. Awful nice guy, though.

by Anonymousreply 54907/16/2013

The boys in The Band Perry. When one of them talks (don't know his name), a purse falls out of his mouth. They also have had obviously gay extras in one of their videos so that makes them pretty suspect.

by Anonymousreply 55007/19/2013

George Strait most certainly is not str8 - eyewitnessed. Years ago, here in Phoenix, he was here with his wife in a limo where they picked up a guy at the well-known western gay bar CHARLIE'S to take home for him/them. He's probably bi, like Tim McGraw and behaviorally over half the US adult population.

by Anonymousreply 55109/13/2013

There was a big tabloid story this week about Tim McGraw being gay. Where did that come from?

by Anonymousreply 55209/13/2013

Sure seems like a whole lotta wishful thinking by this "community". At the end of the day you are just looking for any glimmer of justification, when your soul tells you otherwise!

by Anonymousreply 55309/30/2013

We don't need closeted country singers anymore when we have Steve Grand to lust after.

by Anonymousreply 55409/30/2013

Last month while grocery shopping noticed the headline on the National Inquirer "Tim McGraw Gay Scandal." I did not purchase the Inquirer, but did a Google on my computer about the story. Apparently a disgruntled McGraw "roadie" has written a tell all book about McGraw's love of horseplay with his band members, with Kenny Chesney joining the fun. Also, McGraw compliments his band members on the size of their manhood. I believe one reason McGraw never removes that huge black hat he wears, or has a bandanna on his head, simply reason he is getting bald. With his money, stop the horseplay long enough and buy a hairpiece.

by Anonymousreply 55509/30/2013

The band perry boys are really suspect. They're both in their 20s, surely they have some record to track by now? I really don't believe Tim McGraw is into men.

by Anonymousreply 55610/03/2013

Kenny Chesney Keith Urban

by Anonymousreply 55710/03/2013

Can someone please just tell me how/where I can meet and have sex with Ty Herndon? I'm not kidding.

It can't be that difficult, can it?

by Anonymousreply 55810/24/2013

Public parks in Fort Worth, TX used to be a sure thing, r558. But that might have changed in recent years.

by Anonymousreply 55910/24/2013

"At the end of the day you are just looking for any glimmer of justification, when your soul tells you otherwise!"

ROFLMAO. A disproportionately high number of male actors and singers are gay. Go to any music or drama school if you don't believe me. I doubt ALL of the people mentioned in this thread are gay/bi but I bet a good number of them are.

by Anonymousreply 56010/24/2013

Long ago on AOL- I useto talk with a guy who was a songwriter. He told me that Tim McGraw, Rhett Akins, and Rick Trevino were all bi. And he told me that Buck Owens and his duet partner , Don Rich were once lovers.

I think Kenny Chensey, Billy Currington, and all of Rascal Flatts are bi. I think Currington was sexually abused as a boy.

And don't ask why but Kenny Rogers always pings for me, just like Luke Bryan.

by Anonymousreply 56110/24/2013

Travis Tritt has been married at least 3 times.

May be 4 or 5 by now.

by Anonymousreply 56210/24/2013

"I think Kenny Chensey, Billy Currington, and all of Rascal Flatts are bi"

The lead guy from Rascal Flatts is flaming to me

by Anonymousreply 56310/24/2013

The ead guy from Rascal Flatts is named Gary LeVox. He use to room with Jamie Foxx. I have always thought Foxx was gay. And they are very close. Foxx even sang on a Rascal Flatts song.

No one has mentioned Chris Young or Easton Corbin? Chris Young is never with a girl unless she is a fan and the same goes with Corbin.

by Anonymousreply 56410/29/2013

Ty Herndon's new CD came out last week. When I heard the title, I was certain he was finally coming out.

Alas, "Lies I Told Myself" apparently isn't his public acknowledgement of his homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 56510/29/2013

The last issue of Entertainment Weekly had a two-page article on Shane McAnally. The article in the magazine is longer than this attached link.

As with most EW stories, it's not too in depth. But he does talk about how being out in Nashville these days and the world of country music is not as big a deal as people might think it is. But he was afraid to come out in the late 90s when he started off his recording career - like many other guys all around the world are.

He also talks about how he mostly gave up on the industry and moved to LA for several years until a friend got him to go back to Nashville on a 'songwriting trip' in 2007. Lee Ann Womack recorded a song he wrote during that trip and that got him motivated to move back to Nashville and shift his focus to being a songwriter more than a solo artist.

by Anonymousreply 56611/26/2013

Ooooooo thanks for posting that, R566! I love me some Shane(Mack)McAnally!

by Anonymousreply 56711/26/2013

I thought Kenny Chesney was overly infatuated with Peyton Manning. Yes, that Peyton.

by Anonymousreply 56902/28/2014

Is that his real name, Shane McANALly?

Yes, I'm twelve.

by Anonymousreply 57002/28/2014

One of Tim McGraws "roadies" was or supposedly has written a tell all book about the horseplay Tim enjoys with the band members in that traveling bus and Kenny Chesney joins in. Also, wonder why the departed Mindy McCreedy made such a face when the name Alan Jackson was mentioned. He was one of her conquests..he was certainly something when he was younger in those tight jeans (and pancake flat crotch).

by Anonymousreply 57102/28/2014

Bump, as in I wish I could bump into Toby Keith. Yeah, I wish Toby Keith would turn out to be "family". He is the one I'd do! WOOF!

by Anonymousreply 57207/04/2014

Any gossip on Terri Clark? I always see her name come up on threads for gays in country music.

I've never heard anything about Shelby Lynne, though

by Anonymousreply 57310/26/2014

Ty Herndon looks fantastic for 52. I definitely would.

by Anonymousreply 57410/26/2014

I just went back and read the article linked at R470. I guess that is Shelby Lynnes way of coming out. She more or less admitted it so good for her under the circumstances. Does anyone know who she is with?

by Anonymousreply 57510/26/2014

Sam Hunt likes man cunt.

by Anonymousreply 57611/10/2014

Sam Hunt? Really? he's hot.

by Anonymousreply 57711/19/2014

Ty Herndon came out today as gay.

by Anonymousreply 57911/20/2014

In his interview Ty said that he got married because he was told he couldn't have a career in country music without a wife/beard. Pretty sad.

by Anonymousreply 58011/20/2014

581, tell me you are being ironic...right?

by Anonymousreply 58211/20/2014

This is for 571: 1. Faith Hill's first daughter is Alan Jackson's child 2. Rick Trevino and Rhett Akins ( father of Thomas Rhett) had a short affair. 3. So did Tim McGraw and Skip Ewing

by Anonymousreply 58311/20/2014

And so did Gary LeVox ( of Rascal Flatts) and Jamie Foxx

by Anonymousreply 58411/20/2014

Shane Mac is so hot. I remember buying one of his singles on the strength of how hot he was on the cover alone. He's written music for some gay-themed movies, but I didn't know that he was officially out.

by Anonymousreply 58511/20/2014

R584, are you kidding? Talk about a gruesome twosome

by Anonymousreply 58611/20/2014

No R586- they were roommates before either one was a star.

by Anonymousreply 58711/20/2014

LOL at R581

by Anonymousreply 58801/07/2015

Out lesbo Brandy Clark performing her song "Hold My Hand" with Dwight Yoakam at the Grammys.

by Anonymousreply 58902/15/2015

Thanks R589. I didn't realize Brandy's gay. She's pretty cute in a southern girl next door kind of way.

by Anonymousreply 59002/15/2015

That was a nice video of Brandy, and it's a great song. I've written with her a few times, and she's a lovely lady, and I'm glad she's having some success. I wish, though, that songs like this were on country radio, but they're not. There are barely any women singers at all in the top 40 at any given time, and, lyrically, the songs don't hold this kind of depth or poetry. I stopped writing because I no longer like the type of songs I'd have to write in order to make a living, and hope that songs with depth and honesty return to the radio. I've stopped writing for good, but it would nice if others who are writing songs like that can make a living at it.

by Anonymousreply 59102/17/2015

Looking forward to seeing her at a songwriters round & music festival in London in a couple of weeks. Love her album and the co-writes with Kacey Musgraves. As much as the genre leans towards the right, Kacey's 'Follow your arrow' a song about same sex relationships, won song of the year at the CMA's in 2015.

by Anonymousreply 59202/21/2015

I know of one member of a country group who is gay....the band was popular years ago and isn't really charting anymore but I think they still tour. He doesn't really hide it anymore, either

by Anonymousreply 59307/22/2015

Spill, R593.

by Anonymousreply 59407/22/2015

r594, he's not really a "name" on his own but his group had a bunch of hits and if you were listening to country 20+ years ago you probably know them

by Anonymousreply 59507/22/2015

iiiii

by Anonymousreply 59607/23/2015
Need more help? Click Here.