Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Wasn''t Marlo Thomas pushing 40 when she did "That Girl"?

Wasn't Ann Marie supposed to be a 19 year old ingenue on the show? How did Marlo get away with this? How come Marlo didn't get the Thomas family nose? Did she take after her mother? Is this the biggest case of age discrepancy between actress and role in casting?

by Anonymousreply 14103/10/2015

Most hated woman in Hollywood? I've never heard any stories about how well she gets along with other celebrities, but have read a lot of anecdotes (including some here on the DL) about how rude she has been to fans, as well as ordinary people working in stores, etc.

by Anonymousreply 705/02/2010

[quote]Is she still the most hated woman in Hollywood? Not sure, but she's in the New York Top Ten.

by Anonymousreply 805/02/2010

I don't think she is relevant AT ALL in Hollywood #5! I started the thread months ago about that book by her former butler, or "Majordomo" as he was called. She sounded like an insufferable, spoiled beyond belief, raging, and sociopathic CUNT of the highest order. Moody doesn't begin to describe that cooze-bag.

by Anonymousreply 905/02/2010

Her nose looks the same in the clip. Are you sure it was nosejob?

by Anonymousreply 1005/02/2010

According to the "Majordomo" book, her favorite utterance was "Fucker, you fucker!"

by Anonymousreply 1105/02/2010

I should imagine her butler would be ticked off. I'm sure he had to clean the table after Danny visited.

by Anonymousreply 1205/02/2010

What's the name of the book? That sounds like one juicy read!

by Anonymousreply 1305/02/2010

IMHO the greatest age discrepancy was Stockard Channing in "Grease". Love her but she was 34 playing 17, which made her DOUBLE the character's age.

by Anonymousreply 1405/02/2010

I got the butler's book cheap (used) online after reading the original thread on DL. It is sooooo worth buying. What a nasty vile woman she is. I loved it. You have to assume that she and Phil would have sued the hell out of him if it was libel. They didn't sue so you can only assume it is true. The paperback version has an afterword added in which the butler talks about the people who contacted him after the hard cover version came out. They all had tales of run ins with the horror that is Marlo. Juicy. Phil comes off as a really nice man who puts up with Marlo's manic antics but not happily.

by Anonymousreply 1705/02/2010

Thanks R15. I just ordered it, sounds like a good addition to my summer reading list.

by Anonymousreply 1805/02/2010

Like Goldie Hawn's first one, Marlo Thomas' original NOSE JOB looked really good. It looked like a nose job but...later she got another one and now she looks butchered. Goldie did the same thing. yuck.

by Anonymousreply 2105/02/2010

I wonder if the meanies, or rumored meanies, like Marlo and Kate Jackson and others know that they're this way and just don't care. Or if it's entitlement? Or just a chemical imbalance? Marlo all that work with St. Jude's. There's no excuse for treating people poorly.

by Anonymousreply 2305/02/2010

Kate was diagnosed with some type of mental disease.

by Anonymousreply 2405/02/2010

Yes, the disease Kate was diagnosed with was Cuntington's Disease.

by Anonymousreply 2505/02/2010

In that book, Marlo and Phil's parents come for Thanksgiving dinner. The guy serving the meat from a platter, used a dinner fork, instead of a serving fork. Marlo jumped up and knocked the platter out of his hand. Then she screamed "The fucker ruined my Thanksgiving!" When the butler announced he was writing the book about her, she invited him for drinks at her apartment, cried and offered him a million dollars, not to write it.

by Anonymousreply 2605/02/2010

Just saw the movie "La Mission" yesterday and was shocked to discover that Jeremy Ray Valdez, the actor playing Benjamin Bratt's 17 year old gay son, will be turning 30 in July.

by Anonymousreply 2705/02/2010

Her dad had a great recipe for eggs.

by Anonymousreply 2905/02/2010

I kind of like her more. If I was rich and famous I guess I'd be a jackass too.

by Anonymousreply 3005/02/2010

Remember 'Spy' Magazine? They always called Marlo Thomas a "nose flesh amputee". Classic.

by Anonymousreply 3105/02/2010

I knew Doris before she was a virgin.

by Anonymousreply 3205/02/2010

I always heard that it was Raymond Burr who was the glass table queen.

by Anonymousreply 3405/06/2010

Marlo was even pointlessly rude to my always-polite and gentle Aunt Alma in a restaurant in St. Louis once (Musial and Biggie's). Miss "Cunt" Thomas certainly has gotten around to spread the good news about her personality issues.

From a Sarah Silverman interview:

"Like there's this riff at the end of the movie, during the credits when they show that B-roll montage, where I'm looking at a picture of myself in this '60s costume and I say something like, "God, I look like Marlo Thomas if she'd just walked in on her father lying under a glass coffee table while someone's taking a shit on it." Because, you know, there's that rumor about Danny Thomas. And my mom begged me to take that out. She was like, "He was such a great man and he shouldn't be remembered that way! He opened a children's hospital!" And she's right, he was a great man and I totally don't want to contribute to him being reduced to just that one rumor, but what are you going to do? Also, I don't know if this is just coincidence, but at Canter's Deli in L.A., the Danny Thomas sandwich is number two on the menu."

by Anonymousreply 3505/06/2010

Do you think Don and Ann were fucking? I can't decide if they were or not.

by Anonymousreply 3605/06/2010

Fuck Primetime, fuck it right up its fucking ass!

by Anonymousreply 3705/06/2010

On R11's advice, I bought the book. It's badly written, but oh so juicy!

by Anonymousreply 3805/06/2010

She was over the hill when she already did "Free to be you and me"

by Anonymousreply 3905/06/2010

I got the book a while back. As bitchy as Marlo is, "Desmond" matches her snot for snot. The section where he sneers at her decorating and renovation is absolutely hilarious. [quote]I was not impressed with the architecture of the house, which was a combination of southern plantation and mock-Tudor styles. I have traveled throughout the world and visited many architecturally stunning homes and could not rouse the necessary enthusiasm to help Marlo bring her vision of the Westport estate to life... Can you imagine those two cunting around the house all day, sniping at each other? Poor Phil.

by Anonymousreply 4005/06/2010

It's hard to tell if that was the pre- or post-nosejob nose in the clip because of those big glasses. But clearly, adult, "That Girl" Marlo doesn't have much of the same face as the pics of her as a little girl.

by Anonymousreply 4109/05/2010

Nose job, chin implant and numberous wigs. She was a nightmare to work with on her television show, produced by her father and brother. With the amount of Hollywood money her father has + "daddies" show business connections, it's NOT that hard for a land a televsion show. Many believe her down right cruelities to servants and house staff have to due to with repressed lesbianism. Rumors have always brewed about her "friendships" with fellow actress Ruth Buzzie......

by Anonymousreply 4205/08/2011

Maybe that's why Phil was always holding up the bar at 4 in the afternoon at Longshore in Westport.%0D %0D Nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 4305/08/2011

She is such a cunt.

Memphis, TN is flooding and the way things are looking here (I live there) her dad's hospital might go under.

I think that at a bare assed minimum, her family could step up to the plate to help the children and employees of that hospital out.

She is on my cunt list until further notice.

by Anonymousreply 4405/08/2011

I don't think she's hated in Hollywood. I think she's merely disliked and ignored. It takes a lot of passion to hate someone and she's too insignificant to rate that.

by Anonymousreply 4505/08/2011

Marlo was the primary producer of That Girl. That didn't sit well with the chauvinism that was still rampant then and they hesitated to even admit it.%0D %0D I couldn't care less about some butler's take on her. I do care that her show was a liberating role model for young women who didn't want to be pigeon holed into role of wife and mother as soon as they finished school. Kudos to Marlo.%0D %0D And, no, she wasn't pushing 40 she was pushing 30.

by Anonymousreply 4605/08/2011

You weren't watching her show if you think that R46. The woman is a nasty bitch. If you worked for her you'd care what the butler had to say.

by Anonymousreply 4705/09/2011

[quote]She was on an episode of MY FAVORITE MARTIAN before THAT GIRL with her original nose and lack of chin.

Are you sure? I saw some western anthology episode she did around 1960, and it looked like she had already had the work done then.

by Anonymousreply 4805/09/2011

The butler sounds like a fucking cunt himself in that snippet at R40. Who the fuck is he to pass judgment?

by Anonymousreply 4905/09/2011

[quote]Do you think Don and Ann were fucking? I can't decide if they were or not.%0D %0D This is the only interesting thing in this thread.%0D %0D I think that they MUST have been, but still...

by Anonymousreply 5005/09/2011

Well, she didn't work for Thomas, R46 and neither did you. Many of us liked the show at the time and she was a role model.

by Anonymousreply 5105/09/2011

Of course Don and Ann were fucking. People did back then, you know.

by Anonymousreply 5205/09/2011

R36, "Daddy" Lew Marie made damn sure Donald wasn't fucking his little girl! Lew always showed up at the first sign of any monkey business. Not that there really ever was any such sign of that. Donald was too much of a gentleman and Ann was too much of a lady.

Marlo pre-nose-job:

by Anonymousreply 5305/09/2011

I think it's hilarious that it's the gay men who are yelling about Mad Marlo being such a role model for young women. I don't know one woman who ever said the bitch meant a flip to her in terms of liberating attitudes or anything else. MTM, yes. Marlo Thomas, no - she was a daddy's girl who got work because of her father's prominence, hacked her face up, played a typical nitwit, tried to be a fashion-plate and all pretty pretty - what's the "liberation in that"? It's gay gay gay - it's not women's lib.

by Anonymousreply 5405/09/2011

I don't know what's more difficult to wrap my head around -- that Ann Marie, a perfectly likeable character who we rooted for was played by what many are describing as someone who isn't nice.%0D %0D Or that Phil Donahue married someone who isn't nice.%0D %0D WHY? %0D %0D WHY???%0D %0D WHHHHYYYY???

by Anonymousreply 5505/09/2011

Are you sure that's her R53 and not her mother?

by Anonymousreply 5605/09/2011

[quote]Who the fuck is he to pass judgment?

A man of good taste perhaps?

Thanks, R54, you said it!

by Anonymousreply 5705/09/2011

I was a teenager when That Girl was on TV for the first time. Somehow, I would rather have not read all this. What's the point. Thomas is rich and has it all. What I or anyone else thinks mean nothing at this stage of her life. She's pushing 80 and won't be around all that much longer. I would have liked to keep my happy memories of the old program, just the same.

by Anonymousreply 5805/09/2011

She made two theatrical movies that I have never see and they have never been on home video and never show up on TV. "Jenny" from 1970 and "Thieves" which she also did on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 5905/09/2011

All of the previous posts are bullshit!!!! I worked on the set as a camera operator in Burbank many years ago and dealt with Miss Thomas on numerous occasions. Very nice woman and a humanitarian to boot....most of these posts are from right winger jackasses who try to put down anyone who try's to help the poor and sick....too LIBERAL for them!!!! So stick your rumors and innuendos up your collective asses and ESAD MF's!

by Anonymousreply 6001/06/2012

She's 78, do the math.

by Anonymousreply 6101/06/2012

She's great in "In The Spirit" with Elaine May.

by Anonymousreply 6201/06/2012

You jealous ass wipe bitches should look as good as she does at 74.

by Anonymousreply 6301/06/2012

Donuts

Pretzels

Ring-Dings

FAT GIRL ...

Popcorn

Sno-cones

Moon Pies

IS FAT GIRL ...

by Anonymousreply 6401/07/2012

wasn't The Fonz 40 and he was supposed to be a teenager?

by Anonymousreply 6501/07/2012

What does Mary Tyler Moore have to say about all this?

by Anonymousreply 6601/07/2012

That book by the bitchy butler was hysterical, but it was a complete work of fiction. He clearly hated her with a burning passion, and the book is pure vendetta. It's a must read, though, because it's so over the top.

The most glaring aspect of it is the depiction of Phil versus that of Marlo. If Marlo were that much of a maniacal nutcase, her husband would be pretty damaged too. But the butler paints him out to be a saint, and I suspect he did it to help avoid a libel suit. He could claim that none of it was personal...just look at how kind he was to Phil! But it's incredibly personal; his invective at Marlo is as laughably fun as BD's attacks on mommy Bette Davis. You can feel the venom coagulating in their fanged jaws as you read it.

by Anonymousreply 6701/07/2012

Marlo has a "mean girl" voice

by Anonymousreply 6801/07/2012

Her cuntiness is legendary.

by Anonymousreply 6901/07/2012

The Marlo bitchiness was well-known long before that book came out. Everyone who ever had contact with her had stories.

A former in-law lived in her building. She had a few stories too.

by Anonymousreply 7001/07/2012

How can you so much as glance at Marlo and not tell she's had a nose job, OP? A bad one.

by Anonymousreply 7101/07/2012

Margie Thomas was a Theta at USC in the 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 7201/07/2012

[quote]All of the previous posts are bullshit!!!! I worked on the set as a camera operator in Burbank many years ago and dealt with Miss Thomas on numerous occasions.

It must have been difficult to operate the camera from Burbank considering the show was filmed at Desilu on North Cahuenga in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 7301/07/2012

Marlo also had a chin implant.

by Anonymousreply 7401/07/2012

Her nostrils are triangle shaped and one is bigger than the other.

by Anonymousreply 7501/07/2012

[quote]"Like there's this riff at the end of the movie, during the credits when they show that B-roll montage, where I'm looking at a picture of myself in this '60s costume and I say something like, "God, I look like Marlo Thomas if she'd just walked in on her father lying under a glass coffee table while someone's taking a shit on it." Because, you know, there's that rumor about Danny Thomas. And my mom begged me to take that out. She was like, "He was such a great man and he shouldn't be remembered that way! He opened a children's hospital!" And she's right, he was a great man and I totally don't want to contribute to him being reduced to just that one rumor, but what are you going to do? Also, I don't know if this is just coincidence, but at Canter's Deli in L.A., the Danny Thomas sandwich is number two on the menu."

I'm reposting this from R35, just for anyone who comes new to the thread and doesn't want to read the whole thing.

I'm not much of a Sarah Silverman fan, but this had me howling!

by Anonymousreply 7601/07/2012

I've actually had the first-hand experience of hearing some of her neighbors refer to her as the "Queen Bitch of Park Avenue." That said, I like Marlo.

by Anonymousreply 7701/07/2012

I worked with Marlo in a Boston dinner theater production. A stagehand had ordered donughts for the backstage crew. When they arrived, Marlo came out of her dressing room, grabbed the donughts, and ate them all herself. So I know she is a bitch from personal experience.

by Anonymousreply 7801/07/2012

I don't think she had a chin implant, but it's clear she had a nose job, as per this "before" pic (1960).

by Anonymousreply 7901/07/2012

omg she looks so different

by Anonymousreply 8001/07/2012

Danny Thomas has always struck me as being a towering asshole. I bet he was a humorless bastard to work with.

by Anonymousreply 8101/07/2012

She has had SEVERAL nose jobs. This pic is one of the first. She had another just before That Girl started, another in final season of That Girl, another in early 90's, and yet another about 5 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 8201/07/2012

I don't see a glass coffee table, R53.

by Anonymousreply 8301/07/2012

What a cunt. She was down right ugly in those early shots.

by Anonymousreply 8401/07/2012

Actually worked for Marlo as an assistant for a few months many moons ago.

My take was that she was a control freak with no organizational or social skills who couldn't or wouldn't delegate- NOT GOOD. Macro-neurotic as well

Having said that, "That Girl . .and Phil" is indeed the work a a far, far cuntier cunt than Marlo who is just a spoiled, needy brat.

She could be exceedingly kind and sweet, and wants to be seen as a GOOD person, but a few months was enough.

by Anonymousreply 8501/07/2012

"D-E-S-M-O-N-D!!!"

It wasn't difficult to locate the source of the scream. Marlo was in the dining room glaring at the buffet, her face pale and contorted. "How dare you serve cold cuts in my house!" she exclaimed. "It's just so low class and common! And white bread and pickles! And, my God, [italic]meat[/italic] lasagna!! Fucker, you've done it again!!!"

Tired of her constant abuse, I replied, "Miss Thomas, please do not use the F word in my presence. It is not a word I am accustomed to hearing. In fact, I find it quite offensive. Phil requested this buffet, and these were his explicit instructions."

Marlo pushed open the swinging door to the kitchen and loudly announced so that all the help could hear, "Take no notice of Phil! He knows nothing about being graceful! And never, never serve cold cuts in my house again! Even if the guests are common enough to eat them!"

by Anonymousreply 8701/07/2012

There are lots of well documented stories about Marlo's cuntiness when Phil had his show in Chicago and they lived here part time. Marlo would go to Marshall Field's and throw her weight around with the sales staff, and you know how those queens talk! Lots of "Do you know who I am" crap! No fans of Marlo in Chicago!

by Anonymousreply 8801/07/2012

I think Danny got into the whole St. Jude thing to drive home the point that he wasn't Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 8901/07/2012

I'm sure she had to have a nose job per the network. There's no way 1960s America would have bought someone that Lebanese (read: un-American Girl)looking as the star of a sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 9001/07/2012

[quote]I think Danny got into the whole St. Jude thing to drive home the point that he wasn't Jewish.

No -- Thomas asked St. Jude to plead his case before God -- and if he was successful in getting God to grant him a successful career, he would build a hospital in the saint's honor.

St Jude's was built in an area of the south that had few such specialized hospitals.

by Anonymousreply 9101/07/2012

R14, the greatest age discrepancy in casting has to be Mary Martin as Peter Pan, playing a 12 year old boy when she was 60, or Mary Martin as Maria in Sound of Music, playing a 19 year old novice when she was 62 or Mary Martin appearing as herself.....

by Anonymousreply 9201/07/2012

I work in customer service for a retailer. I helped her when her order was stolen after it was delivered. She definitely was not nice.

by Anonymousreply 9301/07/2012

"Tired of her constant abuse, I replied, "Miss Thomas, please do not use the F word in my presence. It is not a word I am accustomed to hearing. In fact, I find it quite offensive."

LOL! So the queen says she was a monster...yet she retained him even after he told her off? Uh, no. He's lying. That's the problem with the book. It's an incredibly fun read, and yet it all sounds totally unbelievable. He comes across as a 15 year old making up stories about a teacher he completely loathes. This scenario he's recounting? This NEVER happened.

by Anonymousreply 9401/07/2012

Ted Bessell who played her boyfriend was one of my first crushes when I saw the show in syndication.

by Anonymousreply 9601/07/2012

I don't care. All I know is that she does great work for St. Jude.

by Anonymousreply 9701/07/2012

Why would Phil Donahue put up with that nonsense for so many years?

by Anonymousreply 9801/07/2012

What the hell did she do to Phil Donahue? Is he locked in the basement or something?

by Anonymousreply 9901/07/2012

I have met hundreds of celebs working in NYC. It's no surprise to know lots of celebrities are smaller than they photograph but I was really surprised that Marlo is so tiny. She photographs so tall yet she was barely five feet. She was walking up and down the street before a performance of her show and no one noticed her yet there were a few hundred people just a few feet away waiting to get in that had paid to see her.

by Anonymousreply 10001/07/2012

I bet in those early pics of Marlo, her coochie is as hairy as a black bath mat. What a damn dog. Woof.

by Anonymousreply 10101/17/2012

Ol Don Hollinger was hot. Kinda like Wally Cleaver grown up.

by Anonymousreply 10201/20/2012

I just saw her on Broadway in Relatively Speaking. She looked amazing for a woman in her 70s (I was seated in the Rear Mezzanine though). She's thin and has a nice body. And she's a much better actress than I expected.

It's funny because in the play she plays a selfish, thoughtless rich woman who uses other people. Type casting?

by Anonymousreply 10301/20/2012

A character actor who had done some small roles in TG had shared with me that it was frustrating & unsatisfying doing the show with Marlo because she would refuse to do the face to face close up scenes with him...would always send in the stand-in with wig which came from disrespect/value judgement on Marlo's end.(Most of the close-ups were filmed with each face by itself looking directly in the camera.) U can see Marlo's rather maniac bug-eyed energy level which I can now see as indicative of some of this public diagnosis here. Even though TG was a comedy w/lots of funny scenarios - u have to notice that even though Marlo is always making faces & laughing herself - she's never really funny. You never find yourself laughing at any kind of comedic skills. Yes people can desire to dislike or bring-down the celebrities they once held in high-esteem - but where there is smoke there usually is fire. It's just too bad that Danny Thomas never successfully transferred the value of really treating people right to his daughter? Their whole saga turns into such a surface showbiz fraud. History is still being written & the ground-breaking role model that Marlo would like the world to believe she pulled off was ultimately not accomplished. Lucille Ball, Mary Tyler Moore & Carol Burnett admirably deserve that mantle much more because they got through it all with more successful delegation/diplomacy & much less of the all-telling smoke.

by Anonymousreply 10402/04/2012

What? She was around 29 playing a young actress in her 20s when the show began.

It was a hit so it ran for several years.

next!

by Anonymousreply 10502/04/2012

when I was 22 marlow was on the cover of a mag, said she was 40 years old then, she is not 75 more like 85

by Anonymousreply 10611/26/2012

Unfortunately, people from that part of the world like Middle East and Italy can never be beautiful because of their inherited big noses. Ruins everything.

by Anonymousreply 10711/26/2012

All she really needs is a burka then she'll be a terrorist. She was that ugly.

by Anonymousreply 10811/26/2012

[quote]History is still being written & the ground-breaking role model that Marlo would like the world to believe she pulled off was ultimately not accomplished.

She was the fair embodiment of the image of womanhood that real feminists were rebelling against. She was all about clothing and cosmetics. The only thing independent about her was that she didn't lust for household appliances.

A female friend who graduated high school in 1969 bemoaned the difficulty young women faced back then. Having survived five dreadful years of Lynda Byrd and Luci Baines Johnson being thrust at them as exemplars of style, the young women of America were then subjected to five more years of Tricia and Julie Nixon in the same plastic-coated role. Marlo Thomas in THAT GIRL was one of THOSE kind of women.

by Anonymousreply 10911/26/2012

Marlo who's real name is Mary Lou, she shortened it, like her nose, is hated because she always threw around her famous father.

She'd go on auditions and tell the producers that she'd get them fired if they didn't hire her. And here father used to back her up.

She used to tell other people, she'd get their kid's thrown out of the St Jude's hospital.

She's also a racist. That is why St Jude's hospital is in Memphis. Both her and her father are racists.

by Anonymousreply 11011/26/2012

When one of Phil's sons was a patient at McLean Hospital in Belmont, MA back in the 1980's for his recurring pyromania, a friend of mine was working there when Phil and Marlo came to visit.

At one point during their visit, Marlo approached the nurses' station and asked my friend if he could call her a cab . . . well, you know what happened next . . . my madcap friend looked at her and said, "Okay, you're a cab!".

She was not amused . . .

by Anonymousreply 11111/26/2012

It was a big deal in the media when she exposed one breast in the movie "Jenny" in 1970.

by Anonymousreply 11211/26/2012

Daisies, popcorn, white wine, fat girl

Pizza, fudge pops, semen

It's fat girl

She into ologies....

She's eats everything, everything she sees

Tables, cardboard, asses,

It does not matter one bit

She'll eat it

She's all alone but luckily for you

If you find some extra food

Spoiled or good

Then you'll find fat girl too....

FAT GIRL

by Anonymousreply 11311/26/2012

I just saw the episode where he sister and brother appear on the show. How did Marlo escape that awful family nose?

by Anonymousreply 11411/26/2012

Marlo is Lebanese and Italian, which explains why she couldn't escape those huge nose jeans.

She had the face she deserved.

This is a weird story. A few years ago, I had called one of my credit cards, I'd rather not give the name, and the young customer service woman I spoke to told me she was Danny Thomas' niece. We somehow got into talking about celebrities, IIRC, I'd mentioned a relative was an LA based accountant who dealt with many famous celebrities, that's when she told me she was related to Danny Thomas.

When I mentioned Marlo, she didn't have much to say. I remembered the DL gossip re Marlo, I figured I;d ask a relative! She told me she didn't have much contact with Marlo, they weren't close. She did say Phil Donohue was a very nice man and was always courteous to the Thomas family.

I go the feeling even Marlo's own family despises her!

by Anonymousreply 11511/26/2012

[R114] Three really obnoxious nose jobs is how she escaped her Thomas family genetics!

by Anonymousreply 11611/26/2012

[quote]She's also a racist. That is why St Jude's hospital is in Memphis. Both her and her father are racists.

I completely fail to see how this follows.

by Anonymousreply 11711/26/2012

[quote]Marlo is Lebanese and Italian, which explains why she couldn't escape those huge nose jeans.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 11811/26/2012

Breck shampoo offered her a million dollars if they could sponsor the last show of her series. It had to be her and Donald's wedding. She refused.

by Anonymousreply 11911/26/2012

Dear Oh Dear Troll,

I was a JOKE!

Fuck You!!

Get a life and soon!

by Anonymousreply 12011/26/2012

R120, it was a stupid and pointless joke.

Get a life yourself, or at least get a good joke book.

by Anonymousreply 12111/26/2012

I don't know about her, but I wanted to fuck Ted Bissell in the ass as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 12211/26/2012

I was shocked when I saw her on the news the other day. She's had lip injections making her lips look weird, like other aging stars get. Called liver lips. She was aging gracefully for being like 70 and all and then she went to some hack plastic surgeon who messed up her face.

But she's a lovely, kind person who works in charities and that's a good thing and I respect and admire her for her St. Jude Foundation work, a children's hospital her father set up.

by Anonymousreply 12311/26/2012

Phil spoke at graduation ceremonies when I got my master's degree in the late 1980s. Marlo was up on the stage with him. Poor dear didn't have the common sense to cross her legs. Everybody in my class said the only thing they'd remember about graduation was the view of Marlo's panties.

by Anonymousreply 12411/26/2012

Mary Lou became Marilu -> which became Marlo

She was a racist too.

by Anonymousreply 12511/27/2012

To be fair to Italian women, even some Italian women with big noses can be beautiful. Google "Young Sophia Loren". She was extremely beautiful then. In fact, I would say that the early 60's black and white films & fashion suited Italian women best, at least the type that looked like her.

And big noses can be beautiful, look at Linda Evangelista. The imperfect nose can make you MORE beautiful.

Personally, I think Marlo looked fine pre-nosejob, but she is a cunt of epic proportions, even today, at this age.

by Anonymousreply 12712/04/2013

I saw her in a movie where she was like 68 and the character had an eight-year-old kid. Like anyone would believe she was 35.

by Anonymousreply 12812/04/2013

Her character on That Girl always ran everywhere. Even around her apt shed run to the door. She also ran all over NYC. Very odd.

by Anonymousreply 12912/04/2013

She must be pushing 90 now.

by Anonymousreply 13012/04/2013

I'm not denying that she is a major force behind the good work St. Jude does. (And for the love of God, it's NOT St. Jude's. No apostrophe.)

That said, I have a lot of friends who work there, and there are TONS of horror stories about her visits. It's especially bad when no cameras are around, and yes, 'fuck' is one of her favorite words. She went ballistic on one visit because a new building on the site wasn't the exact same pinkish hue of the original building. "It's not St. Jude pink!!! I want FUCKING St. Jude pink!!!"

In her defense, she was sort of right. It didn't match. :-)

She was a cunt at the airport too when she'd come to town.

by Anonymousreply 13112/04/2013

I'll never understand the need for SOME WOMEN to butcher themselves with unnecessary plastic surgery instead of simply highlighting their natural gifts & aging gracefully. C'est La Vie.......

by Anonymousreply 13212/04/2013

I worked with Ted Bessell and he was an asshole of the highest order. He and Marlo had much in common.

by Anonymousreply 13312/04/2013

I watched her on a 1961 Thrillee episode, when she was about 23 or 24. Her nose was like her father's, just a little smaller. She was pretty, even so.

by Anonymousreply 13403/04/2014

[quote]Marlo would go to Marshall Field's and throw her weight around with the sales staff, and you know how those queens talk! Lots of "Do you know who I am" crap! No fans of Marlo in Chicago!

Well, guess which one of us is still here, Marshall!

BTW, my birth name was Margaret Julia. Where are these people getting Mary Lou?

by Anonymousreply 13503/04/2014

Having been a waiter and having to serve Ms. Thomas I can tell YOU first hand that her face indicated numerous operations. Television and make up hide an amazing amount of trouble brewing on that current face of hers. Even HD can't show you; face to face what "work" Marlo Thomas has clearly spent "untold thousands on".

If we start at her early years in Hollywood. Of course one can clearly see the "before" and "after" of her clear cut nose job and chin implant. In this case - give the girl a break. That's what you had to do - even with her famous father to get ahead! So she got rid of the huge honker and built up her chin. Not a big deal, of course don't forget full make-up, false eye lashes and hair pieces (which were always in place on her TV show).

NOW, like all the other stars - as we speed ahead to present day - who have gone for "treatment" to medical doctors who are unethical and will do anything for a dirty buck. Marlo Thomas, who is known to be demanding and can't ever listen to anyone's advice and is also known to be very impulsive has continued to "run" to her plastic surgery doctor "at the drop of a hat". Until she looks as she does today like a plastic surgery monster who is right up with there with Michael Jackson (RIP) and that "Cat Lady" (Bride of Welderstein).

It's sad really, if you have the money these unethical doctors will take your money and never tell you, Marlo Thomas or anyone else NO!

by Anonymousreply 13608/02/2014

My mother always called Doris Day the world's oldest virgin.

by Anonymousreply 13708/02/2014

I wonder what Marlo would look like today if she never had plastic surgery. I think she looked like a nice, real person prior any surgery and maybe would have become a much better actress. Any talent she had in That Girl was obliterated by over acting and her constant use of "Oh Donald". I used to not care for Danny Thomas but have come to appreciate his talents in watching reruns of Make Room for Daddy. Then I looked up pictures of his later life and saw him to be a nice looking silver haired older guy.

by Anonymousreply 13803/10/2015

How do they know she is racist?

by Anonymousreply 13903/10/2015

The Family Guy sequence where Peter is Marlo running around New York and then he looks at himself in the store window, where he is dressed as a bride, and the bride winks at him--IS PRICELESS.

sorry for the run on sentence.

Marlo seemed see you next Tuesday even on that old episode of Donahue before they were married. She tries to claim her series was the first about a working woman but there were many others in the 50s--Our Miss Brooks, Private Secretary, I know there were others--Ann Sothern had two.

by Anonymousreply 14003/10/2015
Need more help? Click Here.