Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rachel Ray''s voice

What's up with that? Does she have permanent laryngitis now?

by Seriouslyreply 3705/05/2013

Never mind, google is my friend.

End of Thread.

by Seriouslyreply 104/30/2010

I was flipping through the channels yesterday and saw her peddling some shit on HSN, and her voice sounded TERRIBLE. I haven't paid attention to her in years, and didn't realize how awful it's gotten (worse than before). Is she still a smoker?

Also, she seemed like she was having a hard time doing her goody-goody act that she used to do. She just seemed blasé and aloof.

by Seriouslyreply 205/04/2013

I haven't noticed anything unusual.

by Seriouslyreply 305/04/2013

[quote]"It is a result of overuse or misuse of the voice," he says. "Rachael Ray speaks very loudly and she has what we call a percussive voice, not a soft voice. Vocal cords are designed to vibrate with each other, but they do need down time or recovery time."

by Seriouslyreply 405/04/2013

After years of failure, she has finally learned to deep throat. There have been consequences, however.

by Seriouslyreply 505/04/2013

She's dead on the inside.

by Seriouslyreply 605/04/2013

And how many packs of cigs did/does she smoke a day?

by Seriouslyreply 705/04/2013

She's had problems for years, had surgery a while back, has admitted on the air that she never speaks properly and has trained to try to learn to correct her speech. Don't know if she smokes but that could be a factor to.

Oh, and unlike so many, I kind of like her.

by Seriouslyreply 805/04/2013

I find her voice more of a turn-on than her cooking.

by Seriouslyreply 905/04/2013

Raspy voices are sexy!

by Seriouslyreply 1005/04/2013

It is rumored that her husband has an SMBD fetish and has been photographed at a Swingers club in New York City. Before they were married, a prostitute who specializes in SM, told a local rag that he was one of her regular johns and liked being spat upon. You can imagine the shouting matches that go on in that household due to his extra curricular activities. He's a mooching piece of shit and she seems trapped in a marriage to a weirdo. It would do considerable damage to her brand if America's Sweetheart had a sham of a marriage. Or maybe she's delusional. She once referred to the husband as a "rock star".

by Seriouslyreply 1105/04/2013

Why would she marry a loser? She's cute & seems to have a lot of friends & family members -- surely she could have met a nice regular guy who wanted to settle down with her.

I don't know anything about her husband & I hope the rumors aren't true. She's TOO PERKY but does seem like a decent human being (who loves dogs).

by Seriouslyreply 1205/04/2013

I've never paid much attention to Rachael Ray until she made that half million donation to Hurricane Sandy animals.

Since then I watched her show a few times and I kind of like her - she reminds me of a lot of tough broads from when I was growing up -I'll take her over "Kelly" or "Katie" any day.

(I sort of like Wendy Williams too - she has a similar tough-girl vibe).

by Seriouslyreply 1305/04/2013

She's down to earth. And I believe she has a kind heart. The donation to Hurricane Sandy animal rescue was pretty great. There are plenty of big name celebs, with a lot more money than she has, who haven't done shit for the Sandy victims. I'm looking at you JayZzzz and Beyondme'. I feel bad that the husband seems like such a skeezy loser.

by Seriouslyreply 1405/04/2013

I think raspy voice is sexy.

I like Rachael Ray. I don't watch her show on CBS but I did when she had a show on Food Network. I haven't really seen her since.

She's not a phony like Paula Deen or a snob like Giada.

by Seriouslyreply 1505/04/2013

her voice is pretty bad. so is her cooking.

but the few times i went to her show i got a ton of stuff.

by Seriouslyreply 1605/04/2013

Way to go, Rachael. Dogs rule.

by Seriouslyreply 1705/04/2013

Say what you want about Rachel, but she got what she has through pure drive and hard work.

by Seriouslyreply 1805/04/2013

Agreed, R18. I think she started out doing cooking demonstrations at a department store then got featured on local news. Grew up working her ass off in her family's restaurant. I can respect that.

by Seriouslyreply 1905/04/2013

She opened a can of pears, sprinkled it with cinnamon and threw it in the oven and served it sprinkled with granola and whipped cream. "I don't bake!" she growled. I thought that was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on a cooking show.

by Seriouslyreply 2005/04/2013

Hard work is right. At one point she was juggling three FN shows, her talk show, her magazine and book tours for her numerous cookbooks all at once. AND she still cooks when she gets home at night. I wonder when she finds the time to sleep.

And yeah, she's a smoker...

by Seriouslyreply 2105/04/2013

Rachel was a buyer at some food store. Said she would buy all these "lovely" ingredients, but they just wouldn't sell.

So, she started doing cooking demonstrations to show shoppers how to use them.

I say that's pretty smart!

by Seriouslyreply 2205/04/2013

Sounds more like Sandra Lee, R20. I don't knock RR for not baking. Her whole schtick is fast cooked meals to get people eating real food instead of takeout - baking wouldn't fit well with that.

by Seriouslyreply 2305/04/2013

Funny this should come up as my partner and I watched on of her recent shows last week. We both noticed how bad her voice has gotten, much worse than before.

by Seriouslyreply 2405/04/2013

Her voice is a lot better now than it was around the time this thread was started. There was a point on "30 Minute Meals" where you could barely understand what she was saying.

by Seriouslyreply 2505/04/2013

Does she still have her "30 Minute Meals" show or "$40 a day" show on The Food Network?

by Seriouslyreply 2605/04/2013

I think $40 a day was on Travel Channel? Or maybe they re-run it there. A few of those channels (Cooking, Food, possibly Travel and others) share a lot of programming.

by Seriouslyreply 2705/04/2013

R27 In any case, are those shows still on? I haven't had extended cable in about 4 years, so I'm not up-to-date.

by Seriouslyreply 2805/04/2013

I hope they're still on. I LIVED for "$40 a Day". There was something so fascinating about that show. Guy's Fieri's "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" has replaced it on FN as travel and eat show du jour.

by Seriouslyreply 2905/04/2013

She's on all the time on Cooking and Food - not sure if they're all repeats or some originals. I think she maybe still does 30 min. meals.

by Seriouslyreply 3005/04/2013

Her latest cooking show is "Rachael Ray's Week in a Day". I think they're still producing those. I see them all the time on TCC.

by Seriouslyreply 3105/04/2013

Rachel is cool. She's a friend of dogs, the hungry and the gays.

by Seriouslyreply 3205/04/2013

Her vocal cords are burned from the smoke from all the food she always burns.

by Seriouslyreply 3305/04/2013

There's a local radio announcer who sounds like Rachel, and I have to change the station when she comes on. Its so grating on the ears! She sounds like a cock sucking chain smoking WHORE!!

by Seriouslyreply 3405/05/2013

The fraus loving Rachel Ray is very odd. I always got a gay kind of butch vibe from her. Sure, she married to a man, but she's never been a girly girl.

Her shows used to be more fun, I work in fashion, so I enjoy the makeovers with Kyan Douglas and Gretta Monahan, but the other crap I can live without. There's too much emphasis on motherhood and kids.

Rachel's cooking? She seems to open a lot of cans and cartons of broth and stuff like that. She's not exactly a chef! Her food also seems way too high fat.

As for her viewing audience, I have to wonder if these daytime hosts realize their demographic extends way beyond the stay-at-home suburban soccer moms and other haus fraus!

There are a ton on non-fraus watching TV during the day! People who work from home watch TV on their breaks, retirees watch TV and people who work staggered hours also watch some TV during the day before they leave for work.

by Seriouslyreply 3505/05/2013

1) She knew about her husband's penchant for hookers, etc. before they got married... so need to feel sorry for her.

2) She's a bitch. A major bitch. She's known in the industry as being worse than Martha. She hated Giada and is the person who started the rumors about her.

3) Part of the reason her voice is the way it is, is because she screams at her entire crew and team of people.

4) I always thought her show $40/Day was ridiculous. For the first few years she wasn't tipping anyone and if you think about it, $40 a damn day is actually a lot for one day and easily done.

by Seriouslyreply 3605/05/2013

I never fell for her goody-two-shoes act. People that act that happy and nice in front of you are usually the biggest bitches behind your back. And like I said, when I saw her on HSN the other day, she seemed to have trouble keeping up the goody-goody act and kept slipping into a bitchface and a "I can't wait to be done with this shit" look.

by Seriouslyreply 3705/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.