Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Interracial dating. Have you do

I'm a 33 year old white guy and until now had only been "attracted" to other white guys. But about 3 months ago, I met a black guy, a friend of a friend, at a small party. We talked quite a bit at the party and I found him witty and very interesting. Still, I was not romantically attracted. At the end of the evening, Paul asked me for my number and asked if I would be open for drinks one day. I was caught a little off guard but gave him my number. Long story short, we went for drinks, which went well, made out, yada yada and now I could not be happier. I'm struggling with what my initial hesitance was to not being more open about dating someone not white. And to honest, I'm just dumbstruck as to how well this relationship is going. It's still new, but it's fucking good and Paul is fantastic: Tall and handsome Smart and funny Stable Sex is the best In some ways this has been to good to be true. What have been your experiences in interracial dating?

by Anonymousreply 8510/30/2014

Where did you grow up?

by Anonymousreply 104/25/2010

I have do not.

by Anonymousreply 204/25/2010

OP, why have you felt the need to start three threads with the interracial dating theme?

by Anonymousreply 304/25/2010

"In some ways this has been to good to be true." It is, OP. It is.

by Anonymousreply 404/25/2010

--shrug-- I read what you wrote. Get ahold of yourself.

by Anonymousreply 1004/25/2010

I dated a black person for awhile, and race was discussed frequently. It was always the elephant in the room. For that reason, I didn't feel comfortable enough to continue the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 1104/25/2010

Oh yeah fer sure, r12. I couldn't stop talking about how hard it is to be black in the US, how prevalent racism is, how all my friends are racist, how my bf should get reparations. It turned him right off.

by Anonymousreply 1404/25/2010

It's kind of hard to believe that your relationship could be going so well if you're so squirrely about being in an interracial relationship. How can Paul not realize you have these issues?

by Anonymousreply 1904/25/2010

Ascribing positive traits to race isn't exactly progressive, guys. It means you're seeing the person's color as their defining characteristic. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 2204/25/2010

OP asked for examples, R18. Up to him whether it's relevant or not.

by Anonymousreply 2404/25/2010

One question: has he done the "Say my name" thing yet? I hear that's a hallmark.

by Anonymousreply 2504/26/2010

Wow, slave jokes! You two are so post-modern and kewl!

by Anonymousreply 3604/26/2010

This entire thread sounds like an old Virginia Slims cigarette commercial: You've come a long way, baby!

I suspect this the first time a guys penis has entered his ass only to be seen as his uvula when he opens his mouth. Granted it's always exciting, but most keep the details to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 3804/26/2010

I told him to come in here and bust up this cheffarobe and I would give him a quarter

by Anonymousreply 3904/26/2010

Thanks R40 for bumping this three year old thread...

by Anonymousreply 4207/02/2013

R41, bitter and over priced?

by Anonymousreply 4707/02/2013

Interracial dating is so 1990's.

by Anonymousreply 4807/02/2013

OP: It's all fun and games until the rape starts.

by Anonymousreply 5207/03/2013

My first LTR was with a black guy (I'm white). I know not all black guys are like him (I've had many black friends who weren't) but after initially telling me he was a lawyer I found out he was not employed at all and made his money and bought his house by dealing meth. Also he was HIV positive and knew it and didn't tell me. Fortunately I'm somehow still negative. I made a lot of stupid mistakes in that relationship ignoring red flags, but I was 19 and in what I thought was love for the first time and trying to prove to my racist parents that black guys weren't all bad.

Even after I found out the truth about everything I was afraid to leave him because he would threaten to kill me and choked me and beat me up a few times. I moved and changed my phone number when he went to jail. (He had a prior criminal record and warrants for his arrest for shooting someone!)

I think I probably missed out on a great LTR with another black guy a few years later who was really sweet just because I was afraid of something crazy happening again. I'm sure I will get labeled racist for being honest about this and I'm trying to stay open minded, but in my experience the stereotype I always called my parents racist for having was true.

by Anonymousreply 5307/03/2013

Different races have different body odors(and different amounts of odors). Therefore:

B.O. is racist.

B.O. is a social construct.

by Anonymousreply 5507/03/2013

It's the only way to calm the beast, R58.

by Anonymousreply 5907/03/2013

R54 Yes, the one experience dating a black man. It only takes one when it's that traumatizing. I acknowledged not all black people are like that (including many of my friends/roommates over the years) but the one time I did date one he was and even a few years later I was still too afraid to be proven wrong. What is so confusing about that to you?

R56 I didn't date him just to thumb my nose at my family. He was hot and great in bed and the guy he pretended to be at first was smart and successful and nice. I thought he was a great catch until I found out all the crap he was lying about. Plus, my family wasn't speaking to me at the time because I had just come out.

Everyone complains about stereotypes, but even the ones about gays (promiscuous drug addicts) are there for a reason. Enough people in that group conform to the stereotype that it can't be simply explained away as a coincidence. Not everyone falls into the stereotype; It's like all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares. Ever seen "Avenue Q"? "Ethnic jokes might be uncouth but you laugh because they're based on truth?"

by Anonymousreply 6007/03/2013

Don't date a black guy if you're white! They'll sneak money out of your wallet while you're asleep! I know. Trust Me.

by Anonymousreply 6107/03/2013

Was the black boyfriend hung as a horse?

by Anonymousreply 6307/03/2013

Yes R65, a 'discovery' that is only made through TV and movies.

by Anonymousreply 6607/03/2013

And you must be a real prize R54/R62 if you have dated (slept with?) so many races and none of them stuck around. Maybe they had a problem with your judging and soap box preaching and constantly reminding them how not racist you are because you've presented your hole to so many different races?. At least I was honest and admitted where I was wrong.

R63 Yes, his cock was ginormous. I was completely dicktamized.

R64 He was not a "typical" thug, whatever that is. He wore suits and ties, owned his own house, and drove a nice car, not with rims and neon lights or whatever a meth dealer drives. Maybe I shouldn't be attracted to driven successful people? He made fun of people who smoked weed because it was for "ghetto" people. He didn't live in a crack den or a trailer or have gold/missing teeth or meth face or any of the telltale signs. And I didn't know the telltale signs at 19 anyway. I grew up in the Midwest and was super naïve back then.

R67 I didn't say I was still afraid of dating a black guy (I've been in an LTR with someone for 5+ years so I'm not currently looking) just that I was for a while after this horrible experience and even later recognized that was a mistake.

The OP asked about our experiences with interracial dating and why some people were reluctant to do it. I gave a realistic, honest answer that maybe some people had bad experiences in their past and haven't gotten over them yet. Sorry if that offended you.

by Anonymousreply 6807/03/2013

I once got involved with a guy from another race, a Vulcan to be exact. He was great but I couldn't get past those pointy ears

by Anonymousreply 7007/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 7507/31/2013

I have doed it and all the men of either race hit me.

by Anonymousreply 7907/31/2013

Its sad many white men wont even give good black guys like me the time of day

by Anonymousreply 8012/11/2013

I LOVE BLACK MEN!

THEY ARE DELICIOUS!

sighened:jeffrey dahmer!!!

by Anonymousreply 8110/30/2014

[quote]As far as black men are concerned I have seen many who I thought were extremely handsome, but they are men who do not have the stereotypical negroid features and who's skin tone is lighter in color. I'm sorry that I don't find all black men attractive and I know that some people here will think I'm a racist because of it.

Not at all.

We think you are a racist because you use words like "negroid," asshole.

by Anonymousreply 8210/30/2014

He's an American asshole!! NAAAAAIIIEE!!!

Now where's my crystal meth?..

by Anonymousreply 8310/30/2014

im a black female. my s/o is white & asian. such a gorgeous man...just amazing all around. over 6 feet tall, brains, great job.

my experiences in IR relationships have been good and bad. i was almost someones "experiment". i've had white and latino guys say super offensive things on dates or while trying to pick me up.

it's sickening how much black men and women are sexually objectified by other races. white guys in particular have a talent for dehumanizing us.

i usually date within my race, but i've tried everything at this point.

by Anonymousreply 8410/30/2014

posted by r80: "Its sad many white men wont even give good black guys like me." Really? Your thirst for white men makes the Sahara look like an oasis. Not a good look! Nobody wants a desperate black man hungering for validation of worth by a white man. Just Stop!

by Anonymousreply 8510/30/2014
Need more help? Click Here.