Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The new Warren Beatty biography

I thought it might be a "tome" but there's tons of dish. My favourite stories:

- when Beatty was cheating on Diane Keaton with Mary Tyler Moore, the two women lived in adjacent buildings. Keaton would look out the window and see Beatty in Moore's apartment and be enraged: "That bitch!"

- Pierce Brosnan strolls by looking fine on the set of Love Affair. Beatty: "I'd fuck him!"

Anyone else read it?

by Anonymousreply 15002/25/2014

Shirley McLaine once said "I would not trust my brother nor Jack Nicholson with even a house plant. They'll fuck anything."

by Anonymousreply 104/24/2010

Great quote r1. Where did you hear that? And do you think some bisexuality is being implied?

by Anonymousreply 204/24/2010

The man is a pig, and will sex with anyone

by Anonymousreply 304/24/2010

Who wouldn't fuck Pierce Brosnan! Beatty? Not so much

by Anonymousreply 404/24/2010

[quote]The man is a pig, and will sex with anyone

Jon Gosselin, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 504/24/2010

Does it say something about his penis size and/or exhibitionism? I remember before it came out reading something that implies it does, but then I never read what it actually said.

by Anonymousreply 604/24/2010

cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 704/24/2010

R2, she said it in the interview she did in the 80's with Playboy but I can't find a link to it. However, the article at the link below mentions her "audacious remarks" about her brother in that Playboy interview. I think she meant exactly what she said..."anything".

And I should have spelled her name "MacLaine" apparently. OOOPS!

by Anonymousreply 804/24/2010

I love the Joan Collins anecdote...

Joan, is it true you and Warren have sex 7 times a day?

"Well maybe he does...but I get so tired that at some point I have to just lay there..."

(At least that's what I remember reading when I flipped through the book; it may not be an exact quote.)

by Anonymousreply 904/24/2010

Will no one have mercy on me? I need Corey Monteith.

by Anonymousreply 1004/24/2010

I had never heard about Beaty and MTM. When was this ?

by Anonymousreply 1104/24/2010

Thank you very much r8. It does sound like she's suggesting bisexuality. Never would've guessed Nicholson.

by Anonymousreply 1204/24/2010

He was fucking beautiful. No doubt about that.

by Anonymousreply 1404/24/2010

A woman friend of mine who fucked Beatty in the 80's told me he had a nasty case of herpes.

by Anonymousreply 1504/24/2010

I always thought Shirley had a weird looking tard face. Are they full siblings?

by Anonymousreply 1604/24/2010

There is a scene in "What a Way to Go" where Shirley MacLaine is dressed up like a little girl, i.e., scrubbed of makeup. That's the only time I've seen any resemblance between her and WB. They don't look much alike at all.

by Anonymousreply 1704/24/2010

So what is rumored about Nicholson?

by Anonymousreply 1904/24/2010

No one will ever convince me Jack is anything except straight. Zero pinging in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 2004/24/2010

What kind of women does Jack like?

by Anonymousreply 2104/24/2010

I read the whole book. It's not very well written-- kind of dry, but pretty exhaustive. NO mention of bisexuality, but it seems he really did fuck, or try to, pretty much every woman he ever came in contact with. UNTIL he married Bening, in his fifties. Seems like only age slowed him down, since it's not like he wasn't madly in love with Julie Christie. And he did ask her, among others, to marry him. They were all too smart!

by Anonymousreply 2204/24/2010

Anything on his relationship with Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 2304/24/2010

What about Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 2404/24/2010

Fuck Madonna, I wanna hear about Sondheim. Beatty's the only movie director to get Sondheim to write an original score or any original songs for a movie (the songs that were cut from THE BIRDCAGE don't count, though I guess you could count "Little Dream" if we're gonna be bitches about it) and "Sooner or Later" got Beatty's DICK TRACY one of its only Oscars (I think the make-up won too).

by Anonymousreply 2504/24/2010

And REDS is overrated. Both Beatty and Keaton are totally unbelievable in their roles. Only actors like Nicholson and Stapleton save the film.

by Anonymousreply 2704/24/2010

Ah, yes "The Roma Spring of Mrs. Stone" wherein Vivien Leigh dies at the end by tomato poisoning.

by Anonymousreply 2804/24/2010

Beatty's a lousy actor, wooden, gimmicky, with only two expressions: "Fuck me" and "Help me." I never thought he was all that handsome. He's too vain to be appealing.

by Anonymousreply 2904/24/2010

I agree with r29. I'll take his sister over his smug vain ass any day.

by Anonymousreply 3004/24/2010

R6, his cock is reported as average by numerous ladies. But he was considerate in bed (wore two condoms!) and energetic. With Madonna, it's implied he was banging her to keep her on track for the movie. When filming wrapped, so did the affair. He may also have been intrigued because he likes threesomes and Madge was open to that. It's interesting that his passion for women also included a lot of fat and homely chicks, even girls with mustaches. Crew members would be fascinated by the succession of women in and out of his trailer. In the book, he's quoted as saying he can't imagine a woman in existence that he wouldn't have sex with because "you never know..." He & Jack would often pass girls back & forth.

by Anonymousreply 3104/24/2010

[quote]He & Jack would often pass girls back & forth.

by Anonymousreply 3204/24/2010

Anything about him and Cher?

Didn't he fuck her when she was underaged and a nobody?

by Anonymousreply 3304/24/2010

yeah, well R31 Shirley's pussy ain't all that.

by Anonymousreply 3404/24/2010

not too shabby. nsfw.

by Anonymousreply 3504/24/2010

Warren used to date a friend's younger sister. There were three girls and the oldest was a B-actress of the time, who co-starred in three of four big Hollywood hits. Anyway, the younger sister was only like 18 or 19 at the time. She was uncontrollable, wild and pretty. Warren came and picked her up at her parent's house (in Marin) once when I was there and he used to call all the time. I think their dating was a short-term thing. I was at the house a lot. He was beautiful and a nice guy - from the one time I met him that was my reaction.

by Anonymousreply 3604/25/2010

What did the book say about his relationship with Julie ? I thought they were such a gorgeous couple.

by Anonymousreply 3704/25/2010

What's the name of the book and its author ?

by Anonymousreply 3804/25/2010

Kathleen Quinlan, R36?

by Anonymousreply 3904/25/2010

R36, yes Cher is quoted as saying they had a one nighter when she was 16!

R37, there is a lot about Julie. Beatty comes across as very controlling of the women he has relationships with, wanting to pick their roles, clothes etc (though not controlling with his one night stands) Julie was the exception; never let herself be controlled. But I was surprised to read that she did get very jealous over his affairs.

She was also a huge pothead during their relationship.

R38, the book is called "Star" by Peter Biskind

by Anonymousreply 4004/25/2010

Kathleen is an only child. It sounds more like the Mullowney sisters.

by Anonymousreply 4104/25/2010

Any mention of the Halle Berry affair during that movie they made together?

by Anonymousreply 4204/25/2010

nude photo of beatty is a fake. one reason he did not do Pappilion was because of nudity. he's old school that way.

by Anonymousreply 4304/25/2010

What about the story that he offered himself to a much older Tennessee Williams in order to get the part in "Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone" ?

The story goes Warren wanted the part badly (ambitious even at that early age), flew on his own dime to the set in Rome (where the producers were planning to cast a real Italian actor) and auditioned for TW and director Jose Quintero with mixed results.

Later that night there's a knock on TW's hotel room door and there's Warren in just a robe - after being let into the room, Warren dropped the robe and was nude underneath and said he'd let TW do anything as long as he (Warren) got the part.

TW's reply: Put your clothes on Warren, you've got the job.

True or apocryphal? Does the book say?

by Anonymousreply 4404/25/2010

Why is the general public so fascinated with whores? The male or female variety.

If perhaps, we didn't put so much emphasis on the sexcapades of the famous, people like Warren Beatty and Madonna for example, would hold little interest. Neither are greatly talented, their careers were driven by the amount of press they garnered, usually mentioning their vast array of fuck partners.

In the end, who really cares?

Despite Beatty's beauty, I always found him to be a so-so actor who skated on his looks and his reputation as a ladies man. I need a little more substance to be interested.

by Anonymousreply 4504/25/2010

He's a pretty dull subject for a biography. He's not that bright or interesting. The most intriguing aspect of his personality is his compulsive promiscuity, but biographies of him don't try to understand what drives him to fuck any woman who crosses his path. They just relate that he fucked whoever; Natalie Wood, Joan Collins, Leslie Caron, Julie Christie, Michelle Phillips, Madonna, etc.

by Anonymousreply 4604/25/2010

Kate Mulgrew in her Ryan's Hope days.

by Anonymousreply 4704/25/2010

"What kind of women does Jack like?"

I think he probably took whatever he could get.

I remember reading somewhere that Beatty tried to butter up Katharine Hepburn because he wanted her to be in the remake of "Love Affair". Hepburn would have none of it. After she signed on and they traveled to LA together, Beatty asked her if he should entertain her with tales of his affair.

Hepburn answered: "Oh, Warren, really, WHO CARES"?

Which is how I feel about people who fuck around. Whatever. Who cares. It's like people who obsessively talk about binge eating.

by Anonymousreply 4804/25/2010

Streisand said Beatty tried to fuck her when she was 15 years old, he was 21.

He's a very over rated actor, I have no idea how he survived for so long. He's a wooden Montgomery Clift method wanna be. Even the majority of movies he produced were mediocre and commercial bombs.

by Anonymousreply 4904/25/2010

I also heard form somebody...I can't remember, wardrobe on Dick Tracy...who knows...that is herpes is horrendous...

I mean he gets sores all over his body...

by Anonymousreply 5004/25/2010

Speaking of his body, has he ever really shown it? Even brief shirtlessness? It seems to me that it is probably underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 5104/25/2010

Well, he certainly has a pedestrian taste in wives.

by Anonymousreply 5204/25/2010

Ever appear shirtless? R51, you have to get out more. Beatty was shirtless in his first movie, Splendor in The Grass. At 23 years old, he was long and lean, not very muscular, very little chest hair.

by Anonymousreply 5304/25/2010

by Anonymousreply 5404/25/2010

He fucked Streisand to get her to appear in that McGovern benefit, allegedly.

by Anonymousreply 5504/25/2010

"Ah, yes "The Roma Spring of Mrs. Stone" wherein Vivien Leigh dies at the end by tomato poisoning."

Are you trying to be funny? Because Mrs. Stone did NOT die of "tomato poisoning".

Mrs. Stone has been told stories of how young thugs like to stalk, rob and cut the throats of well-to-do older women; when told of this she says that at her age "a cut throat would be a convenience." In fact she IS being stalked by a young stranger and it frightens her.

She embarks on an affair with the callous young hustler played by Beatty. She hears people in her social circle gossiping about her and laughing at her because she is a "chicken hawk." The Beatty character dumps her and in leaving sneers "how old are you? Fifty"? In fact, she's in her late forties. While on her balcony she sees the young stranger hanging around outside. From the balcony she throws him her keys. He takes them and lets himself in. She's sitting there waiting for him expectantly; smiling, he slowly walks toward her. Fade-out. The end.

by Anonymousreply 5604/25/2010

Dick Tracy was a decent effort. At least it tried to be fun.

by Anonymousreply 5704/25/2010

He's boring.

by Anonymousreply 5804/25/2010

Hey, R56 -- if I dumped a box of drinking straws on the floor, could you count them correctly at a single glance?

by Anonymousreply 5904/25/2010

Has there EVER been a more ignorant, humorless poster than R56?

by Anonymousreply 6004/25/2010

[quote]"Ah, yes "The Roma Spring of Mrs. Stone" wherein Vivien Leigh dies at the end by tomato poisoning."

Are you trying to be funny? Because Mrs. Stone did NOT die of "tomato poisoning".

Roma is a tomato variety, dumbshit cunt r56.

by Anonymousreply 6104/25/2010

I agree that Beatty is a so-so actor but looking at pictures of him in his youth, lord he was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 6204/25/2010

Fuck you all. What does he say about me?

by Anonymousreply 6304/25/2010

Has anybody read his interview with Rex Reed in his book, Do You Sleep in the Nude?

by Anonymousreply 6404/25/2010

Does the book mention how many women he infected with Herpes or who gave it to him?

by Anonymousreply 6604/25/2010

He was good in McCabe and Mrs Miller.

by Anonymousreply 6704/25/2010

I really wish I didn't know about the herpes.

by Anonymousreply 6804/25/2010

So do I.

by Anonymousreply 6904/25/2010

Has it ever been ascertained if his oldest child is really transgendered??

by Anonymousreply 7004/25/2010

R70, I'd also like to know. Weird rumor.

by Anonymousreply 7104/25/2010

Anything else in there about Diane Keaton? That woman has a real knack for picking assholes. Beatty, Woody Allen, Al Pacino. . .

by Anonymousreply 7304/25/2010

I don't think he was ever beautiful. He always had those fish lips, didn't he?

by Anonymousreply 7404/25/2010

Beatty's a lousy actor, wooden, gimmicky, with only two expressions: "Fuck me" and "Help me." I never thought he was all that handsome. He's too vain to be appealing.

Wow, that really seems to fit in thinking back on most of his roles.

by Anonymousreply 7504/25/2010

I rather like his lips.

by Anonymousreply 7604/25/2010

Fish lips, lol. So true.

by Anonymousreply 7704/25/2010

Fish lips that caught a great deal of fish...

by Anonymousreply 7804/25/2010

by Anonymousreply 7904/26/2010

It is nice to see so many others mention the lack of Beatty's acting skills.

It was very apparent to me when I rented a copy of his version of "Love Affair". I had already seen the 1939 version of the same story which starred Irene Dunne and Charles Boyer. Also the version from the 1950s with Deborah Kerr and Cary Grant which was called "An Affair to Remember". If you have seen either film (they are virtually identical), you certainly know about the big reveal at the end of the movie.

As the end of the Beatty version approached, I watched carefully to see how he would handle the finale. Boyer and Grant had each made different acting choices, but each was able to convey the different emotions that the male lead felt upon discovering "the truth".

Not Beatty.

He showed no emotions at all. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Annette Benning did an OK job in the scene but Beatty was incapable of conveying anything at all. The lights might have been on, but there was nobody home. Heck, perhaps the lights weren't even on. I was literally shouting at the screen because of his miserable performance.

I don't know why he bothered to remake the story if he couldn't handle the job.

His acting stinks.

by Anonymousreply 8004/26/2010

How tall is Warren?

by Anonymousreply 8104/26/2010

R44, the Tennessee Williams story is mentioned, but not confirmed. (Source is a Williams biography.) However, Beatty admits he sent a note to Williams that read: "I'll do anything."

None of the post-Annette affairs are discussed.

by Anonymousreply 8204/26/2010

That's because he's never had affairs post-Annette.

Annette is the love of his life. She was the only one he married.

by Anonymousreply 8304/26/2010

by Anonymousreply 8404/27/2010

So is it true that Warren Beatty is a pig? Has he really had sex with hundreds of women, or is that an exaggeration?

by Anonymousreply 8504/27/2010

R85, he's been a movie star for 40 years. At a rate of just 10 per year he's fucked 100s of women.

by Anonymousreply 8604/27/2010

Has he ever admitted to it?

by Anonymousreply 8704/27/2010

by Anonymousreply 8804/27/2010

Wrong thread, R88?

by Anonymousreply 8904/27/2010

by Anonymousreply 9004/27/2010

I loved Heaven Can Wait. Fabulous movie. I also loved Shampoo. I believe Beatty also tried it on with Carrie Fisher during the shooting of that movie.

Molly Ringwald also had the hard word put on her at about 17 and Nicole Kidman found herself in his sights at about 18 or so.

by Anonymousreply 9104/28/2010

I can see why Mrs Stone enjoyed his company -

by Anonymousreply 9204/28/2010

I just watched the Roman Spring of Patsy Stone on TCM.%0D %0D Beatty's Italian accent was amusingly bad. %0D %0D He is pretty, of course, but very limited as an actor. Even awful.%0D %0D And didn't have the nuance -- or guts -- to play the character as he was, gay. Which is why his pimp complained that he never slept with his clients.%0D %0D Was this film very controvertial when it came out? Not only was it about a male prostitute, the very first scene was an old man cooking up with a street boy on the Spanish Steps. And there was a later scene in a club (with a pretty Cleo Laine singing) where it is clear that an old man has bought the young male whore he is fucking an expensive ring.

by Anonymousreply 9412/14/2010

supposedly very hung. saw mamie van doren (warren is that old) talking about it on a cable talk show in the 90s, holding her hands far apart and saying it was too much for her.

by Anonymousreply 9512/14/2010

The thought of Warren Beatty and Pierce Brosnan having sex warms me this cold, wintry morning.

by Anonymousreply 9612/14/2010

I think he was mentioned in Janice Dickinson's autobiography. She described that he loved nothing more than gazing at his own reflection in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 9712/14/2010

r56, I've seen the Roma Spring of Mrs. Stone, and she indeed dies of tomato poisoning! She didn't even make it to the parking lot!

by Anonymousreply 9812/14/2010

[quote]I believe Beatty also tried it on with Carrie Fisher during the shooting of that movie.

Honey, she was a kid but she has a big mouth. If it happened, we would known about it by now.

by Anonymousreply 9912/14/2010

No it's implied that a hustler does her in.

by Anonymousreply 10012/14/2010

I knew a very attractive woman who worked for him a few years back. In his prime, he would have been all over her. But she was about 40 years younger than him and saw him as nothing but an old man who never got anything done because he could never make a decision. Was not attracted to him in the slightest.

Anyway, she got to know him a little during that time and he told her, regarding his habit of sleeping around, that "people don't change, but they can change their behavior." So in other words, he was still a horny bastard, but he wasn't fucking around on Annette.

This woman had nothing but good things to say about Annette, too.

by Anonymousreply 10112/14/2010

One of the best looking ever in Hollywood, so so actor, great film maker (although as others have noted the problem with Reds was him, and Diane- miscast- should have been Julie Christie as was intended until they broke up).%0D %0D But he is very smart- perhaps would have made a great pol if he could have controlled his dick. %0D %0D I find him interesting because he is so good looking and so smart and so ridiculously promiscuous. I kind of want to know what made him tick. %0D %0D I gather he got what he wanted out of Inge and Williams early in his career being a tease- very aware of what he was doing, but never putting out.

by Anonymousreply 10212/14/2010

Is this Riskind book the one with the story about the middle-aged women from someplace (midwest, flyover country whatever) who managed to get ahold of WB's phone # and called him? She'd had a recent mastectomy and was feeling awful about herself, her husband was refusing to have sex w/her since her illness. WB was totally outraged by this, told her to "get on a plane, I'll f*ck you myself!" and sent her a ticket to LA or wherever he was at the time. %0D %0D Love this story if it's true.

by Anonymousreply 10512/14/2010

SUCH a Brando rip-off in Mrs Stone!

by Anonymousreply 10612/14/2010

Supposedly Warren Beatty received his first role in Splendor in the Grass when he slept with the director.

The part in Shampoo in which Warren is having sex under the table at a restaurant is based on a real life incident that Paulette Goddard was caught under a restaurant table having sex with some guy.

Jack Nicholson rumors being bisexual have been going around for years. Apparently Jack and Marlon Brandon were an item at one time. They had a sexual affair.

Jack Nicholson and Warren Beatty used to have sex with under age girls. Even Jack Nicholson would fly to Paris to go to Roman Polanski's parties where the two of them would have sex with 13-year-old girls. Also, in the book, you%E2%80%99ll never sleep in this town again. One of the prostitutes in the book said Jack Nicholson loved to pee in her mouth, yuck! I can't stand Jack Nicholson, and I'm sorry, but Warren Beatty does nothing for me. I think Warren Beatty has always looked like a nerd.

I think in a way both of these guys are misogynists.

by Anonymousreply 10712/14/2010

"She'd had a recent mastectomy and was feeling awful about herself, her husband was refusing to have sex w/her since her illness. WB was totally outraged by this, told her to "get on a plane, I'll f*ck you myself!" and sent her a ticket to LA or wherever he was at the time."%0D %0D I suspect this is a publicist's story.%0D %0D Carly Simon tells a story of running into her former lover, which makes the above-tale sound rather unlikely.%0D %0D Apparently, Warren asked Carly how she was. She told him that she had just gone through a bout of cancer and lost both breasts. She said "the poor boy" lost all abaility to communicate and got out of the room as fast as possible. She thought he was pathetic. %0D

by Anonymousreply 10812/14/2010

Interesting, R102, about Julie Christie initially being cast in Reds. I like Diane Keaton, but she was really wrong in that role. I think Christie would have been excellent.

by Anonymousreply 10912/14/2010

All I can add is this, when Woody Allen was asked, if re-incarnation were real what he'd like to come back as, he responded "Warren Beatty's fingertips."

by Anonymousreply 11012/14/2010

Recent story - Beatty saw early scenes of Carey Mulligan in "An Education" and immediately signed her to be in his next film. When they met, and this is confirmed by Mulligan in interviews, and Beatty found out she was taking the bus to auditions in LA, he insisted on driving her around. Things that make you go hmmm....

by Anonymousreply 11112/14/2010

"SUCH a Brando rip-off in Mrs Stone!" You could reasonably argue that a lot of famous actors of Beatty's generation were Brando rip-offs.

by Anonymousreply 11212/14/2010

God that role in Reds seems MADE for Julie Christie. I think Diane was fine, but Christie would have burned a fucking hole in the screen.

by Anonymousreply 11312/14/2010

In her memoir, Leslie Caron says that Warren Beatty asked her to marry him and that he also asked a few of his other girlfriends. Annette Bening may have been the first who said yes, but she wasn't the first to hear the question. There is no way that the director of Splendor in the Grass, Elia Kazan, wanted to fuck Beatty. Kazan was almost as compulsive a womanizer as Beatty. Anyway, Kazan thought Beatty was a good actor; he had seen him onstage and wanted him for the role. Beatty would not have been cast if Kazan hadn't thought he was talented -- even if Beatty had slept with William Inge,Boris Kaufman, and Jack Warner himself. Contrary to what so many people say here, he could be very effective as an actor. He's riveting in Splendor. He's good in Bonnie and Clyde, Shampoo, and Reds.

by Anonymousreply 11412/15/2010

I can't agree about Julie Christie in reds, Diana was perfect and more more like Louise. Warren should have played John Reed gay, since he was.

by Anonymousreply 11512/15/2010

" Diana was perfect and more more like Louise"

Yes, the Princess of Wales was fabulous in "Reds".

by Anonymousreply 11612/15/2010

Wouldn't Julie Christie have been to beautiful and confident for Louise? I thought Louise was kind of an insecure beast?

by Anonymousreply 11712/15/2010

In the 70's when he was fucking Angelica Houston, him & Jack would cruise Beverly Hills HS for GIRLS.

by Anonymousreply 11812/15/2010

"Beatty would not have been cast if Kazan hadn't thought he was talented"%0D %0D Yes, but it must be appreciated that Beatty was out of the then trendy Montgomery Clift-James Dean wing of Method Acting. He wasn't one one hundreth as good, but he was in style. %0D %0D I've always thought Beatty was an average actor, nothing special. Without his looks he wouldnt have worked much in movies. %0D %0D Check out Rex Reed's 1967 interview with Beatty in the book "Do You Sleep in The Nude." Reed reported that many people had no idea who Beatty was.

by Anonymousreply 11912/15/2010

The rumor on the RYAN'S HOPE set is that Kate Mulgrew got pregnant by Beatty and had it aborted.

by Anonymousreply 12012/15/2010

[quote]"The Roman Spring of Mrs Stone" is a pretty bad film, mostly because it's so obvious it should have been about two men.

Yeah I always think of the possibilities of the movie if it had been done that way. The Roman Spring of Gregory Peck would have been a lot better.

Also file under Kate Mulgrew. The promise of roles if she left daytime hell. One he never followed through on after the abortion.

by Anonymousreply 12112/15/2010

"The rumor on the RYAN'S HOPE set is that Kate Mulgrew got pregnant by Beatty and had it aborted."

Kate Mulgrew did become pregnant while working on Ryan's hope and gave birth in 1977. (unable to verify who the father is, so far) However, she did not have an abortion. Instead, she gave the baby up for adoption through a Catholic organization. In 2001, she reunited with her birth daughter.

Mulgrew is on the record as being pro-life/against abortion.

by Anonymousreply 12207/29/2013

Follow-up to last comment.

It appears likely that the father of Kate Mulgrew's daughter (born in 1977) is director Ben Levit, whom she was seriously dating at the time she became pregnant. A July 1976 article published in Daytime TV quoted her discussing her relationship with him:

Kate would like to marry around 30, when it will all fit into her well-ordered life, but admits to being quite seriously involved with aspiring director Ben Levit.

"For the first time in my life, I'm not hesitant to talk about it. Ben's just an extraordinary human being. He's so eminently good--kind. If he gets his break, he'll be a fine director. But we lose patience with each other over that. You see, I believe men should make it in a second!" She snaps her fingers and laughs, as though recognizing how unrealistic she's being.

"I made it fast enough--so can he!" For a moment, there's a steely glint, but it disappears instantly, and she adds enthusiastically, "I really love him! He's terrific!"

But she insists marriage is not in the cards at present and refuses to speculate about the future.

In interviews much later, Mulgrew said the father of her child wanted to marry her but she did not want to get married at the time.

by Anonymousreply 12307/29/2013

Get your fucking facts straight, r122. Mulgrew is a liberal Democrat and has also said - repeatedly - that although she's a practicing Roman Catholic who doesn't like abortion, she also believes in a woman's right to choose.

by Anonymousreply 12407/29/2013

From a 2001 article in the National Catholic register:

But defending life can sometimes be very difficult says another honoree, Kate Mulgrew, star of the television series Star Trek: Voyager.

"I practiced my belief at great cost to myself," the television actress told the American Feminist, a publication of Feminists for Life. Mulgrew had become pregnant at an early age and decided to place her baby girl for adoption. They were reunited two years ago.

She said that though "adoption or abortion almost always promises the mother a legacy of shame and regret, I have to be frank about my experience. I survived it." She added, "women often don't believe that they can survive nine months of pregnancy and place the child with an adoptive family. Life is not always easy."

But life should always be protected, she said.

"Life is sacred to me on all levels," said the self-described liberal Democrat. "Abortion does not compute with my philosophy." Neither does capital punishment, she added. "Execution as punishment is barbaric and unnecessary."

If you, R-124, have any quotes of Mulgrew's wherein she states she is pro-choice, please provide the quote and source, as I would be interested in reading them.

by Anonymousreply 12507/29/2013

And R-124, this article also counters your assertion about Mulgrew being pro-choice, at least back in 1979. An article published in The Evening News talks about her religious beliefs and her positively pro-life stance. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it, in what she is quoted as saying.

by Anonymousreply 12607/29/2013

[quote]Hepburn answered: "Oh, Warren, really, WHO CARES"? Which is how I feel about people who fuck around. Whatever. Who cares. It's like people who obsessively talk about binge eating.

Miss Manners has advised that if someone starts telling you about his or her sex life and you don't want to hear it, just say: "I don't understand why you're telling me this--what does this have to do with me?"

by Anonymousreply 12707/29/2013

"Roma is a tomato variety, dumbshit cunt'

It's still a stupid joke, you asshole dickwad.

by Anonymousreply 12807/29/2013

[quote]Streisand said Beatty tried to fuck her when she was 15 years old, he was 21.

Oh please provide a link for that. She never said that. Did Beatty leave Hollywood to scope out Erasmus High School in Brooklyn for some obscure girl to fuck?

The nude pic is a fake. Check out the bad neck shadow to cover the paste job.

About Julie in the book, they had broken up. She made "Don't Look Now" and got so into the sex scene with Donald Sutherland that they actually had sex right there. Never thinking anything showed, she went to a rough cut and lo and behold, she sees the hardcore footage that director Nicolas Roeg had shot. She panics and calls Beatty who sees the footage and threatens Roeg to cut it. He didn't want to but had a required "R" rated contract and cut the footage. The story is substantiated by Producer Peter Bart who was on set was that day and saw them fucking.

by Anonymousreply 12907/29/2013

R 129 - He got that wrong. It was Cher, who lived in LA at the time, who said she was hanging out at clubs at 15, and Beatty tried to pick her up . If true, it would have been 1961, or around the time "Splendor" came out.

by Anonymousreply 13007/29/2013

Years ago, I read that the photographer Annie Leibovitz said that Linda Eastman (before she hooked Paul McCartney) had herpes when Beatty was fucking her.

That would be poetic justice. The biggest manwhore in Hollywood infected by the biggest slut in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 13107/29/2013

R129, thanks for the dish.

Beatty was great when he was playing vapid pretty boys - "Splendor in the Grass" and "Shampoo" come to mind.

by Anonymousreply 13207/29/2013

In the biography of Beatty that was written about ten years ago, it goes into much more detail of his obsession to cast Katherine Hepburn in "Love Affair." She had never in her career been less than the star of a movie, had concerns about this, her age, the script, her failing memory and his motivations. She was officially retired.

Beatty sent Hepburn to his dermatologist, wooed with flowers, flattery, outings and love notes. He did anything and everything to convince her. He appealed to her vanity and her illustrious career. He set out to seduce her to play the supporting role of the old aunt. He invited her to his home for dinner, where she met Bening.

On the way home Hepburn expressed shock that he and Annette were married. She knew only Warren's infamous reputation and had been amused and suspicious of his pressured charming of her to do his film. Her companion(Scott Berg?)said that Warren and Annette seemed very much in love. Hepburn replied, "Yes, with the same man!"

by Anonymousreply 13307/30/2013

Lol, R133.

by Anonymousreply 13407/30/2013

Hepburn was also very upset with Beatty because he insisted she say fuck. She thought it was vulgar but I guess she let her age get the best of her and she relented. She left the set for the day afterwards. Beatty probably thought it was a coup to get the great Hepburn to swear and cause a commotion, but the film died on sight.

by Anonymousreply 13507/30/2013

r29 I bet you think that song was about him, huh?

by Anonymousreply 13607/30/2013

r45, are you serious? Sex is the one common denominator - it rules us.

by Anonymousreply 13707/30/2013

r83 - I hope you are being sarcastic. If not, grow the fuck up and get a clue.

by Anonymousreply 13807/30/2013

r95, Mamie Van Doren was insane. The batshit crazy variety that lived in her own fantasy world.

by Anonymousreply 13907/30/2013

Christopher Ciccone writes in his memoir about his sister Madonna how Warren used to go through her trash cans at night; was he so insecure about the age difference that he was checking up to see if she was fooling around on him, or was he just a controlling asshole who had to know every single thing she did?

Ciccone also talked about how Beatty was fascinated by Ciccone's homosexuality and would ask probing (pun intended) questions about what it was like to be gay, what Ciccone did, etc.

Madonna claimed in an interview once that Warren loved talking bisexual/homosexual material while they were together. He allegedly told her he always wanted to fuck a man, that it was fantasy of his. I'm sure he was not pleased by her saying that.

That said, the Madonna-Beatty pairing was just so odd, awkward, and so planned (as in PR) that it's still difficult to wrap my brain around the idea of these two actually fucking.

by Anonymousreply 14007/30/2013

R129, that was a summer stock in upstate NY, not HS, you idiot. Streisand baby sat the acting teacher's (Allan Miller) children and got into classes. Beatty and Dustin Hoffman were there.

"That's because he's never had affairs post-Annette."

Oh yeah, I'm sure I believe that.

by Anonymousreply 14107/30/2013

Remembering photos of a teenaged Barbra Streisand, I find it impossible to believe that Warren would have even noticed her, much less fucked her.

by Anonymousreply 14207/30/2013

Didn't he also have relationships - even if brief - with Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon, Linda Rondstadt and other rock chicks in that anything goes LA of the 70s ?

by Anonymousreply 14307/30/2013

There are several photos of him and Joni at this site ... very mid-70s.

by Anonymousreply 14407/30/2013

How could a 15 year old Streisand have moved in Warren Beatty circles? That would have been 1957 - neither of them were in showbusiness then.

by Anonymousreply 14507/30/2013

Makes more sense that comment was about Cher at 15.

by Anonymousreply 14607/30/2013

Where was that herpes R15?

by Anonymousreply 14707/30/2013

Joan Collins said he'd fuck her while doing business on the phone.

by Anonymousreply 14808/01/2013

This is his upcoming movie...

by Anonymousreply 14902/24/2014

I thought it was the 15-year-old Carrie Fisher that Beatty tried to seduce.

Seem to remember her saying something like he offered to relieve her of 'the terrible burden' of her virginity on the set of Shampoo.

by Anonymousreply 15002/25/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!