Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Anna Torv a lesbian?

I wouldn't have ordinarily thought so, but she always seemed kind of butchy to me. So she is 'divorcing' her husband, whom she met on the set of FRINGE. He now has his own show on Fox, and they're trying to make him a big star. It seems like an arranged relationship to me. Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 2703/15/2014

Did you know that her name is an anagram for the famous Finnish Theremin player and jazz vocalist Rovta Nan?

by Anonymousreply 104/24/2010

Is FB really this slow or is something wrong with my browser? This has gotten only one response and yet it's been on the front page for three hours...

by Anonymousreply 204/24/2010

In order to be interested in this post I'll need to know the name of her husband, and details about his new show. Plus pics of him and her. And possibly another link or two with further information.

I mean, honestly, OP, if you're not going to put the work in, why bother starting the thread?

by Anonymousreply 604/24/2010

Oh Piss Off R6 - Here you go:

by Anonymousreply 704/24/2010

Alterna-Liv seemed to rock that sexy Dyker Chick vibe on this week's Fringe.

by Anonymousreply 805/16/2010

Anna Torv played a believable (hot!) Lesbian on the brit show "mistresses". That's neither here nor there, but she does look good with another woman...

by Anonymousreply 905/16/2010

Yes, gay.

by Anonymousreply 1005/16/2010

Every week my GF & I look at her on Fringe and say, 'lesbian'. Maybe she's a Meredith Baxter, who knows....

by Anonymousreply 1105/16/2010

Rupert Murdoch might be her uncle, but that's because he was married to Anna's aunt Anna Torv, who's the sister of Anna's father, who she has been estranged from since the age of 8. I doubt she's close with her uncle in that case...

Also, Hollywood is the place where it's okay for an actor to fight for gay-rights, but when they come out it changes their carreer. They hardly ever get a big, straight role again. And maybe, she is not ready yet.

In either case, I'll be first in line, :D

by Anonymousreply 1307/15/2012

Well I personally had the same question knocking at my door as she often looks like she seems to have more on-screen chemistry with some of the women rather than the dudes.. but I might be wrong, maybe I am just seeing things as I wish they were, u never know. Oh and in no way I am implying she doesn't look convincing with men, not at all, I just see more sparks with some of the females she interacts with that is all. I personally love her acting. But gosh fringe would have been soooo much better if she had a female partner instead. Here just a pic I edited with myself in it for fun lol.

by Anonymousreply 1410/09/2012

i dont think she's gay. people need to understand that actresses are given different roles on different movies ok and she is a good actress

by Anonymousreply 1510/12/2012

Mark valley is a moron!!!! Marrying Anna Torv! Hiding the fact that his old boring lame ass, got a woman like her and messed it up!? I would rather ask the question is HE GAY!!? Seriously!!!!!! Whoever thinks Anna is "butch" doesn't understand acting or any other possible "radical" fantasy that she is the lead role, and plays a FIB! Give me a break!! U seen women in the military or law enforcement!? Yea... And they're NOT ACTING!! Lol true to life dykes!! And that's probably like a 70/30% chance of them being Lezbo's! I low balled that number BTW

by Anonymousreply 1710/23/2012

Hey "Learn something new everyday" u need to learn WTF an anagram actually is!! I hope when u read this u do actually learn something new TODAY!! Lol 😂😂😂 I mean sh!t u got the web... Look up "anagram" and u really should have spell check on when u look up "ANAGRAM"

I kno ur going to!! Later Douchebag!! Hahahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 1810/23/2012

by Anonymousreply 1910/23/2012

"Avast, stern acorn" is an acronym for "Actress Anna Torv." So, does that answer your question, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2010/23/2012

Rather convincing, I think.

by Anonymousreply 2110/23/2012

Mark Valley has always pinged, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 2210/23/2012

I dont know if she is or not but she is sooo fucking hot!

by Anonymousreply 2301/16/2013

Anyone who thinks she is a weak actress has not paid any attention to Fringe. Torv has played various and distinct versions of her character so brilliantly throughout the series, it boggles the mind. She should be pocketing awards every year, along with John Noble.

by Anonymousreply 2401/16/2013

I have to agree. I have studied theatre since high school and one of my favorite things is to notice the subtleties of an actor's performance. I think all the actors on Fringe are fantastic (especially, John Noble). Anna Torv is a very talented actress who plays both straight and gay roles convincingly, as well as ambiguous. Just keeping my fingers crossed she likes to go both ways :-)

by Anonymousreply 2503/19/2013

She reminds me of Piper Perabo.

by Anonymousreply 2703/15/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!