Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Iranian Cleric: Earthquakes Are Caused by Promiscuous Women

So now we know why there's been such an increase in global earthquakes recently.

[bold] Quakes blamed on 'immodest women' [/bold]

[italic] Women who wear revealing clothing and behave promiscuously are to blame for earthquakes, an Iranian cleric says. [/italic]

Hojjat ol-eslam Kazem Sediqi, the acting Friday prayer leader in Tehran, said women should stick to strict codes of modesty to protect themselves.

"Many women who do not dress modestly lead young men astray and spread adultery in society which increases earthquakes," he explained.

Tens of thousands of people have died in Iran earthquakes in the last decade.

Mr Sediqi was delivering a televised sermon at the Tehran University campus mosque last Friday on the need for a "general repentance" by Iranians when he warned of a "prevalence of degeneracy".

"What can we do to avoid being buried under the rubble? There is no other solution but to take refuge in religion and to adapt our lives to Islam's moral codes," he said.

'Disappoint God'

Correspondents say many young Iranians sometimes push the boundaries of how they can dress, showing hair under their headscarves or wearing tight-fitting clothes.

Mr Sediqi also described the violence following last year's disputed presidential election - the result of which prompted thousands of people to hold mass protests - as a "political earthquake".

"Now if a natural earthquake hits Tehran, no one will be able to confront such a calamity but God's power, only God's power. So lets not disappoint God."

More than 25,000 people died when a powerful earthquake hit the ancient city of Bam in 2003.

Seismologists have warned that the capital, Tehran, is situated on a large number of tectonic fault lines and could be hit by a devastating earthquake soon.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said many of Tehran's 12 million inhabitants should relocate.

There are plans to build a purpose built new capital near Qom.

by Anonymousreply 2504/10/2013

Caused by Sarah Palin and the far right.

by Anonymousreply 104/20/2010

it's amazing we advance at all as a people

by Anonymousreply 204/20/2010

I'd like to apologize to all the earthquake victims.

by Anonymousreply 304/20/2010

When they had the earthquake in San Francisco

Back in nineteen-six

They said that ol' Mother Nature

Was up to her old tricks

That's the story that went around

But here's the real low-down

Put the blame on Mame, boys!

Put the blame on Mame!

One night she started to shimmy-shake

That brought on the Frisco quake

So you can put the blame on Mame, boys!

Put the blame on Mame!

by Anonymousreply 404/20/2010

I am too weary to even sigh. Those poor, poor women.

by Anonymousreply 504/20/2010

Kinda reminds of when Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell blamed the 9/11 attacks on American tolerance of homosexuality, and the ACLU, and feminism. The Taliban are everywhere, folks.

by Anonymousreply 604/20/2010

Y'all are

Movin 'n a-groovin

Reelin 'n a-rockin

Rockin 'n a-rollin

doin the hippy, hippy shake

by Anonymousreply 704/20/2010

We'd prefer to blame the homosexuals, but we don't have any in Iran.

We sometimes envy America's cornucopia of scapegoats - gays, blacks, immigrants, etc. We basically have a menu of two: Jews and women.

by Anonymousreply 804/20/2010

Didn't the gays cause Katrina?

by Anonymousreply 904/20/2010

It's the homasexshuls who cause the quakes. They are to blame for EVERYTHING!

by Anonymousreply 1004/20/2010

Well y'all have to admit that Cheryl's pussy has caused quite a bit of destruction in the past, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

by Anonymousreply 1104/20/2010

This just confirms that Gaia is a big ol' dyke.

by Anonymousreply 1204/20/2010

Dark Ages here we come!

by Anonymousreply 1304/20/2010

I feel the earth move under my feet I feel the sky tumbling down I feel my heart start to trembling Whenever you're around

by Anonymousreply 1404/20/2010

Damn- so close...

by Anonymousreply 1504/09/2013

Americans can't really poke fun. Replace "Iranian Cleric" with "GOP Congressman" or "Megachurch Pastor".

by Anonymousreply 1604/09/2013

No need for Islamic law to dole out punishment then. Just let Allah do it.

The trouble with extremists of any religion is that as they are convinced that they serve their god, they see fit to meddle in other people's business on behalf of their god.

by Anonymousreply 1704/09/2013

That explains all the earthquakes in Las Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 1804/09/2013

Not any crazier than the idiocy that comes out of Pat Robertson's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 1904/10/2013

In related news, floods are caused by masturbation.

So keep it in your pants and pray the erection away, young men!

by Anonymousreply 2004/10/2013

Shame their invisible friend Allah is not stronger than an immodest woman. And as for the adultery comment, are the guys forced to participate by these all powerful immodest women? What a fucking joke religion is!!

by Anonymousreply 2104/10/2013

Well then, he should tell his followers to refuse to have sex with all those evil promiscuous women.

by Anonymousreply 2204/10/2013

Believe it or not, It's karma!

by Anonymousreply 2304/10/2013

My earthquakes bring all the buildings to the yard.

~Mother Nature

by Anonymousreply 2404/10/2013

r8 LOL

by Anonymousreply 2504/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.