Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Were JFK and Jackie drug addicts?

They were both under the care of the notorious "Dr. Feelgood", Max Jacobson. Apparently he treated JFK with amphetamines at the White House over 30 times! Never heard about this until I was reading a book about Jackie last night. Say it ain't so!

by Anonymousreply 6903/14/2014

Wow, I always wondered why Jackie died so young.

by Anonymousreply 504/12/2010

JFK had no adrenal glands that worked. He was probably desperate for anything that gave him some energy. Which speed would do.

by Anonymousreply 704/12/2010

How long would JFK had lived if he hadn't been assasinated? That man had so many health problems, and he was only in his 40s. Do you think he would have even made it to 65?

by Anonymousreply 804/12/2010

No, he was chock full of sexually-transmitted diseases, just like dear old dad.

by Anonymousreply 904/12/2010

JFK was constantly, seriously ill. Look at pictures of him in his youth where he was skinny and sickly looking; he was not a well person even when a young man. And it didn't help that he fucked anything as much as possible; he had chronic chlamydia from his sex addiction, and no doubt picked up other STDs along the way. He took steroids for his Addison's disease,pain-killers for his back, antispasmodics for his colitis, antibiotics for urinary-tract infections, antihistamines for allergies and, on at least one occasion, an antipsychotic (though only for two days) for a severe mood change that Jackie Kennedy believed had been brought on by the antihistamines He was hospitalized over three dozen times in his life and was given the last rites three times. Of course ALL of this was kept secret, as was his blatant womanizing with just about every female who crossed his path. JFK was in incredible dick, just like his dear old Dad.

by Anonymousreply 1004/12/2010

I do not know about Jackie, but according to Gore Vidal ( who drops names like steady rain), JFK was on painkillers from the time he hurt his back in WWII.

by Anonymousreply 1104/12/2010

[quote]On the one hand, the witty, charming, urbane, literate intellectual, and on the other hand, the nasty, swinish, addicted sex-pig wallowing in the trough. Nasty? Swinish? Addicted to sex, yes. But pig wallowing in the trough? What are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 1304/12/2010

R10 was correct. JFK started the "vitamin shots" after he hurt his back during a tree planting ceremony in Canada. He was on his way to meet Khrushchev for the first time and didn't want to appear weak in front of him.

by Anonymousreply 1404/12/2010

Fucking every pretty girl who throws herself at you, including mafia molls, is considered "wallowing in the trough" when you are the President of the USA. Promiscuous adulterous sex within the White House is conduct unbecoming the dignity of the office. More importantly, a president who is guilty of hundreds of blackmail-able offenses poses a genuine security risk to the entire nation.

by Anonymousreply 1504/12/2010

[quote]Nasty? Swinish? Addicted to sex, yes. But pig wallowing in the trough? What are you talking about? Read a book or two, shitforbrains.

by Anonymousreply 1604/12/2010

I have, that's why I questioned your comment.

by Anonymousreply 1704/12/2010

In 1965 all amphetamines became illegal in the U.S. unless a person had a doctors prescription.

by Anonymousreply 1804/12/2010

I'm slightly scared of R2

by Anonymousreply 2004/12/2010

Back in the 60s and 70s my mom had a friend who was a nurse. My mother used to go to the doctor's office where her friend worked and she (and the nurse!) would get 'B-12 shots'. Does this mean my mother was doing speed?

by Anonymousreply 2104/12/2010

by Anonymousreply 2204/13/2010

I don't know about Jackie, but I do know from what I've read that JFK was in pain from a degenerative disk disease that rendered him unable to walk, sit, or stand; no doubt JFK was addicted to pain meds for quite sometime in order to function as President.

by Anonymousreply 2304/13/2010

Jackie needed a little pep.

by Anonymousreply 2404/13/2010

R5, one of the theories about Jackie's death is that she developed cancer from excessive use of black hair dyes. Can't remember the book - but it cited studies about this. Perhaps they have changed the formula now - any cosmetologist-types out there care to confirm or deny?

by Anonymousreply 2504/13/2010

"I don't know about Jackie, but I do know from what I've read that JFK was in pain from a degenerative disk disease that rendered him unable to walk, sit, or stand; no doubt JFK was addicted to pain meds for quite sometime in order to function as President."

With that bad back, I guess Marilyn Monroe was always on top?

by Anonymousreply 2604/13/2010

I think all his girls had to be on top. You have to admire his dedication to hound-dogging with his back problems. Imagine how much MORE tail he would have had if he hadn't been slowed down.

by Anonymousreply 2704/13/2010

by Anonymousreply 2803/12/2011

R15 prefers his Presidents to have alzheimers.

by Anonymousreply 2903/12/2011

JFK may or may not have had...

Addison's Disease

A wrecked back

One leg which was shorter than the other

An eyesight problem which developed when he was in office

Allergies to milk, horses, and most flowers and fauna

Scarlet fever

A slow acting leukemia

...and so on

This is just from reading books about the Kennedy's. It was also claimed that Eunice Kennedy Shriver had Addison's Disease and I would be willing to bet that Maria Shriver does as well.

With JFK, who the heck knows if he was a full on drug addict or not. No one knew jack squat about good old Doctor Feelgood back then at all, even though he hooked Eddie Fisher pretty badly.

With Jackie, I figure she knew how to do just enough to get by here and there. Keep in mind that the Doctor claimed he was giving vitamin shots, so there might have been a mind over matter affect going on with her.

I think JFK would not have lived to have a second term because of his ill health. I read in one book that his Adrenal glands were goners and all of that with Addison's Disease makes it really hard for one to fight off infection (and he had STD's!)

by Anonymousreply 3003/12/2011

I'm reading a book that quotes Kennedy as saying at the start of his administration that, due to his health problems, he didn't expect to live past his 45th birthday (he was killed when he was 46). Yet I've also read that, to counter the concerns of LBJ as his running mate, he would tell people that he was only 43 in 1960 and he wasn't going to die in office.

by Anonymousreply 3103/12/2011

Who is John/Jack VanZandt?

by Anonymousreply 3303/14/2011

Interesting stuff - keep it coming.

by Anonymousreply 3403/14/2011

I'll bet that mini-series dwelled on this.

by Anonymousreply 3503/14/2011

Jackie continued to get shots after she was out of the White House.

Dr. Jacobson's first wife Nina began having an affair with (JFK"s friend) Chuck Spalding, which resulted in the breakup of Mr. Spalding%E2%80%99s marriage.

In the photo at link: JFK, Dr. Max Jacobson, Stash Radziwill, and Chuck Spalding in Palm Beach. Radziwill was already a patient of Dr. Jacobson.

by Anonymousreply 3603/14/2011

I don't know about drugs but Jack frequently gave me injections.

by Anonymousreply 3803/14/2011

I've always been amused (and amazed)at the way the media salivates over this nonsense and yet...%0D %0D *When was the last time you heard all this noise about Nixon and his drinking?%0D %0D *When will get the exposes on Bush and his drinking?%0D %0D *Reagan? Alzheimer's. Hmmm. Oh right, it happened after he left office.%0D %0D *Lots of stuff on Clinton and his dick, but not a word on the fact that Gingrich not only loved to get sucked but...well, he had a thing for young girls.%0D %0D Real. Young.%0D %0D Oh course, the "liberal" media has reported all this stuff, so you know about it--right?

by Anonymousreply 3903/14/2011

Honey, everybody did uppers then. Jean-Paul Sartre wrote all his most famous books on speed.

by Anonymousreply 4104/12/2011

For John Van Zandyt

I am writing a book about Max Jacobson. I'm interested in your experiences with him

Please call me if you can Thanks

Rick Lertzman 216 464 1300

by Anonymousreply 4312/04/2012

JFK lived with chronic pain and Jackie was a nervous bore, so all signs point to YES

by Anonymousreply 4412/04/2012

Who is John Zamdt??

by Anonymousreply 4612/04/2012

Many believe Jack was born with a debilitating back condition. Many books have mentioned corsets and even a gaping hole in his back, which was supposedly shocking to few friends that happened to see it. JFK was very immoral according to my views of marriage, but I doubt there were many presidents who did not mingle with women other than their wives. We all know he wasn't a good husband. I am personally prone to believing Jackie probably was more drawn in by the wealth anyways and she certainly had her share of questionable affairs, none the less, they were both very good at evoking hope at a very pivotal time in our country and that is why they are still spoken of so fiercely. I don't buy into the idea that either JFK or Jackie did not at some point question the shots they were given and come to some realization the shots may not be only vitamins. They were both intelligent individuals. The shots probably allowed them to maintain hectic schedules and many parties, although Jackie tended to get out of hosting political parties, it was a time without the advertising we have now, PR was very different then. I think it may have been very interesting if RFK would have won presidency.....I believe him to be the politician in the Kennedy family.

by Anonymousreply 4805/28/2013

"one of the theories about Jackie's death is that she developed cancer from excessive use of black hair dyes."

Wouldn't fifty years of smoking be enough?

That's why I also don't know if you can really make the connection r1 makes between these amphetamine shots and cancer just because a lot of people who got the shots ended up with cancer. Seems like the type of person who would be consulting with Dr. Feelgood in the first place was already likely to be a heavy smoker, and also not likely to be somebody who was gonna quit smoking just because they started putting surgeon general warnings on packs.

by Anonymousreply 4905/28/2013

There is probably a more direct connection between the vinarial disease JFK may have spread to numerous women than a direct connection between cancer and the amphetamine injections. I am sure the doctor was aware how addictive the injections would become, which meant supply and demand for him. However, many drugs deemed harmful now, simply weren't considered so then. Some were even deemed cutting edge break throughs for psychiatric illnesses.

by Anonymousreply 5005/28/2013

[quote]I doubt there were many presidents who did not mingle with women other than their wives.

Nan Britton used to be in Warren G. Harding's office while Florence was upstairs in the White House. She would take the train to DC and a White House car would pick her up at Union Station. Florence demanded that a Secret Service agent be assigned to her. The reason is that she wanted the agent to alert her if he suspected that Nan was around.

One time, Wurr'n was screwing Nan in a closet in his office, when Flo somehow had a sense that Nan was around. Harding's admin. asst. delayed the First Lady outside the office while Nan was rushed out another door.

If you read about the goings on between the Hardings, it's like the script for a sitcom.

Florence Harding didn't like her husband's campaign manager. She took her hatpins and stabbed him in the thigh at the nominating convention. He was taken off in an ambulance.

by Anonymousreply 5105/29/2013

Very interesting about Harding.......I may have to expand my fascination with JFK and M Monroe to the Hardings...any particular read better than another? That is what I meant by that statement above. Most did things, as well as fed up wives. Some cared more about it remaining secretive. JFK's as guys didn't know if he was alive until the morning after most escapades with women who were not cleared in any info on these women if something did happen. Seems very irrational by today's standards, back then no qurstions asked. There was a reply towards top that stated he was a friend of the presidents and JFK would inject Lem Billings still alive? I am pretty sure he passed on fairly early. Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 5205/29/2013

Injectable amphetamines were withdrawn from the market in 1972 and production quotas established for oral forms.

That's why today no one, even with a legimate prescription, can easily refill amphetamines toward the end of the year. All the pharmacies have run out.

In the early 1970s, amphetamines became a bar sinister, despite their many uses. Pharmaceutical amphetamines are so rare on the black market that "meth labs" have become endemic, hardly helping the reputation of a neglected class of drugs.

by Anonymousreply 5305/29/2013

[quote]vinarial disease

Good grief.

by Anonymousreply 5405/29/2013

Lem Billings died in 1981, r52.

Do we think JFK ever allowed the gay and clearly-in-love-with-him Lem to suck his cock? If not, it must have been sort of exquisite torture for him having to spend decades watching JFK stick it in every single woman who came along, and never getting his own chance at it.

Was he making passes at the Kennedy teens and twentysomethings he was taking trips with and doing drugs with in the years after RFK's death?

by Anonymousreply 5505/29/2013

Thanks for the brutality on Lem?.

by Anonymousreply 5705/29/2013

I read an interesting book by a lady who was supposedly led to believe she was getting special placement based on her scientific genius. She was placed into a covert program with Lee Oswald and her story was Lee was trying to get Castro for our government and she was part of trying to produce an injection that would do the trick. She was anaware of this in the beginning. She provides documentation supporting her claim. It is an interesting take on it all.

by Anonymousreply 5805/29/2013

The term its a small world after all genuinely applies to the assassination of JFK. It seems too ironic that most of the players were involved with one another in some way. I suppose it will remain a mystery unless more concrete evidence is revealed to solve it.

by Anonymousreply 5905/29/2013

LONG article from "The Atlantic" (so you know it's well-researched) on JFK's medical history.

Very interesting!

by Anonymousreply 6005/29/2013

An interesting side note on JKF's back ailments: he wrapped himself, on a daily basis with a back brace - and not just a general wraparound type. It was secured tightly, and doubled and was wrapped almost in a diaper-like fashion around his upper thighs, as well. He was especially "wrapped" this tight if his day called for sitting for periods of time at a formal &/or state dinners or motorcades, etc. He was wrapped as such, and quite tightly, in Dallas (as he was going from city to city during the Texas trip, breakfast in Ft Worth to motorcade in Dallas to lunch at the Trade Mart, onto the LBJ Ranch after that and so forth. The Texas trip, let alone Nov 22 specifically, required a lot of of standing, sitting, and therefore lots of back support. If you ever see footage of him coming down the steps of Air Force One or any plane for that matter, he usually would walk down almost sideways, as his back could not support or tolerate a straight walk down steps.

What this all boils down to is (and what is clearly captured on the Zapruder film) is when he was hit with the fatal head shot, as he fell to his left, because of how he was "wrapped" in his back braces, he simply did not slump over, like perhaps in a "rag doll" type of collapse, he fell to the left in a still prone position. It has been argued that had he not been wrapped so tightly for support for his back, he may have collapsed within himself and his body may have went a bit more limp into his seated position, falling quicker to the seat of the the car, as opposed to being more exposed prior to the fatal head shot, allowing the shooter (don't get me started on THAT) to have easier access to target the fatal blow. And on a still prone, albeit sideways, moving target.

Yes, yes, I know, I was not there and do not know if his back brace situation would have or have not saved his life. However, it is quite evident in the Zapruder film that he did fall almost straight to the left, without a possible natural slump one may incur upon the injuries he had already sustained before having his head blown off. He apparently was aware he was shot after the first bullet hit, as the driver heard him say: "My God, I am hit'. Also, possibly due to even mere shock, he for a a split second, couldn't move, and the back brace "theory" perhaps made him an easier moving target than excepted. Of course, the shooter(s) could not have possibly known this, but, combined with the lax security measures, it happened to be another advantage the assassin(s) had on that day.

by Anonymousreply 6109/02/2013

There is no reason two shooters would be needed to accomplish the shots that Oswald fired.

by Anonymousreply 6209/02/2013

[R62] And your reasoning is based on what?

by Anonymousreply 6309/02/2013

the shots look like they come from different directions.

by Anonymousreply 6409/02/2013

Kennedy was amazing that he was able to function at such a high level with that severe chronic pain and with the side affects from his medications.

by Anonymousreply 6511/17/2013

So JFK was basically Jesse Pinkman.

by Anonymousreply 6611/17/2013

I read the book and, wow, what was surprising was the sad story of Bob Cummings, whom I used to watch on TV when I was a kid. He was a funny, easygoing man who turned into a monstrous speed freak thanks to Max Jacobson. Julie Newmar who starred in his show with him said, by that time (mid-60s), he was an angry bitter man who sabotaged his own career.

Jacobson and JFK went everywhere together. He needed shots every few hours when he was trying to work out the Cuban Missile Crisis. Truman Capote turned all of his swans and their friends on to Dr. Feelgood.

Dead, most of 'em.

by Anonymousreply 6703/14/2014

PS, just realized this book was written by the very same Rick Lertzman, upstring. I don't know if he's still around DL, but it was a very good book. Well-researched, well-written, and devastating when you think how much this quack got away with.

by Anonymousreply 6803/14/2014

Amphetamines? Like Ritalin ?

Never thought I had anything in common with JFK!

by Anonymousreply 6903/14/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!