Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Another Julia Roberts thread

I know we've discussed her ad nauseum before but I was really dissecting her face the other night while watching Erin Brockovich, stuck out of town. I came to the conclusion that she is quite ugly. She can pass as reasonably attractive when her hair is done well and she has a pretty good body but that face is unfortunate. Her mouth is enormous and she has bad teeth. Anyone ever seen her up close and personal?

by Anonymousreply 9101/14/2013

I think she's beautiful

by Anonymousreply 104/12/2010

At the Golden Globes her nose looked different - bad different. Like it was pinched.

She won't be growing old beautifully like Meryl

by Anonymousreply 204/12/2010

I've seen her briefly in person. She's rat-like, emaciated, looks pretty much the same as she does on screen just much scrawnier.

by Anonymousreply 304/12/2010

She was lovely when she was young. Not so much anymore, though.

by Anonymousreply 404/12/2010

Ugh, hate that fug bitch.

by Anonymousreply 504/12/2010

It's "ad nauseam" not "nauseum."

by Anonymousreply 604/12/2010

The OP posted "ad nauseum", BWD.

by Anonymousreply 704/12/2010

I think in Julia's case "nauseum" is fitting.

by Anonymousreply 804/12/2010

[quote]The OP posted "ad nauseum", BWD.

I know. It's incorrect. "Nauseam" is misspelled. It should be AM, not UM.

by Anonymousreply 904/12/2010

Gossip is one thing. This is below pointless bitchery. Get a life, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1004/12/2010

Could we talk about ugly Julia and not spelling. Christ, you queens get off topic easily.

by Anonymousreply 1104/12/2010

R10, sweetie, how long have you been dropping in on DL? We love talking trash about celebs especially ones who think they are something special when in reality they aren't even attractive enough to qualify as ordinary.

by Anonymousreply 1204/12/2010

Which actor was it, maybe Hugh Grant, who claimed her mouth was so big that kissing her was like falling in a cave, or something like that? I thought it was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 1304/12/2010

She's nutty. Years and years after high school (but before google) she'd have a private detective check in on a guy she went out on one date with in high school.

by Anonymousreply 1404/12/2010

Sorry, BWD, I was wrong. I think I'm gonna hurl.

by Anonymousreply 1504/12/2010

She looked pretty rough in Duplicity last year. Age is catching up with her.

by Anonymousreply 1604/12/2010

Aloe Vera does wonders for aging skin. Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 1704/12/2010

I never understood her appeal. A straight male friend of mine adores her and says it's her megawatt smile that makes her beautiful. Some folks are easily pleased, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 1804/12/2010

I never got her. She is not beautiful, passably attractive but then her face got so gaunt, I always thought she looked better with some weight on her.

by Anonymousreply 1904/12/2010

She's got a huge mouth and many pirhana-like teeth. Frightening.

by Anonymousreply 2004/12/2010

She was attractive enough when she was young, but she's not aging well.

Suddenly at age forty, her large mouth and strong jaw started to make her look oddly mannish, and every year she looks more and more like her brother Eric.

by Anonymousreply 2104/12/2010

Let's not forget that she's a cunt

by Anonymousreply 2204/12/2010

I was about to reply that women with really strong faces don't seem to age well (Brooke Shields), but then I thought of Vanessa Redgrave, who's aged beautifully.

In Julia's case, the pinched nose seems to be working against her. Her eyes are kind of dead. The smile is fake.

She was beautiful in Mystic Pizza. How many years ago was that?

by Anonymousreply 2304/12/2010

OMG, that big ass curl on his forehead (in R21's pic) is so Betty Boop it makes me want to scream.

by Anonymousreply 2404/12/2010

Debra Messing is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2504/12/2010

Don't forget the upper slug lip..

by Anonymousreply 2604/12/2010

I guess I'm the lone voice on here -- I think Roberts looked great in "Duplicity" and even though she never was a traditionally "beautiful" woman, her odd features somehow work on screen.

Just don't get me started on that "laugh" of hers.

by Anonymousreply 2704/12/2010

I agree with you for the most part, r27. She's not traditional-looking but that was never her appeal. She's incredibly photogenic, much more so when she was younger. It's definitely a case of the sum being greater than the parts. Pretty Woman perfectly captured her unique radiance.

by Anonymousreply 2804/12/2010

Like many people, I was fooled into thinking Julia Roberts was attractive in "Pretty Woman", where the hair balanced out and kind of hid the worst of her features.

I remember seeing the trailers for some spy-type movie she was in with Denzel Washington, and there's a scene [in a parking structure iirc] where her hair is braided and she's wearing sunglasses, and her mouth is so incredibly wide and bizarre, it shocked the hell out of me every time I saw it.

by Anonymousreply 2904/12/2010

The huge mouth and big lips are a Roberts family trademark.

Eric Roberts was quite a piece in his younger days. But his face was disfigured in a motorcycle accident and never looked the same again.

Both Eric and Julia Roberts are batshit crazy. Mental illness runs in their family.

by Anonymousreply 3004/12/2010

by Anonymousreply 3104/12/2010

that huge mouth and those sharp teeth come in quite handy for chewing on the scenery tho, R20, so overall its working out quite well for her.

by Anonymousreply 3204/12/2010

She's really a shit actress. You realize that once you see dailies, not cut footage (which I did and I was SHOCKED at how bad she is). It's a tragedy that someone with so little talent makes so much money.

by Anonymousreply 3304/12/2010

The problem is when a woman starts hitting her mid-30's, she starts losing fat and collagen in the face. So, it's a good idea to gain a bit of weight; like 5-10 lbs. Of course, Hollywood actresses need to remain as thin at 40 something as they were at 25, so most of them look like shit without the benefit of plastic surgery and hours of makeup.

by Anonymousreply 3404/12/2010

She pays her husband an allowance every month. Any woman who pays a guy to stay has to be ugly.

by Anonymousreply 3504/12/2010

"She pays her husband an allowance every month. Any woman who pays a guy to stay has to be ugly."

Most men pay their wives/girlfriend an allowance. Any man who has to pay a woman to stay has to be ugly.

by Anonymousreply 3604/12/2010

I'll still go see a movie just because she's in it. Although Eat Pray Love might be the end of my adoration.

by Anonymousreply 3704/12/2010

I heard her big horse hooves clomping down the street before I saw her last year when Duplicity was filming in the West Village. Seriously, she clomped. And she was nothing to look at.

by Anonymousreply 3804/12/2010

[quote]I heard her big horse hooves clomping down the street before I saw her last year when Duplicity was filming in the West Village. Seriously, she clomped. And she was nothing to look at.

That reminds me of that scene in Ocean's 11 when she walks into the lobby of the hotel and they do a full pan of her entrance and track the shot. It was awful. She was so graceless and awkward and we were supposed to be awed by her beauty and elegance much like Danny Ocean was. It also didn't help that in that scene the unflattering lighting gave her what appeared to be a mustache.

I still have a weird affection for Julia although it's dimmed over the years (A Low Vera, "I love my life!", etc. The same sort that I used to have for Tom Cruise before the crazy was unleashed.

by Anonymousreply 3904/12/2010

she looks terrible with her hair pulled back - she NEEDS that full head of hair framing her face.

by Anonymousreply 4004/12/2010

good god!!!! r31 is that pic photoshopped?!

by Anonymousreply 4104/12/2010

That is a horrible picture at R31. She's not aging well AT ALL. It's only a matter of time before I start getting her roles.

by Anonymousreply 4204/13/2010

This shows how she's aged -

by Anonymousreply 4304/13/2010

Oh, c'mon, R43. There are 20 years between those pics. There's going to be *some* change.

by Anonymousreply 4404/13/2010

An English friend once described Julia's mouth as "like a crack in a pie crust."

by Anonymousreply 4504/13/2010

I'm not really sure what r43's point is. She looks great in the "aged" pic.

by Anonymousreply 4604/13/2010

I completely agree, R39. I thought I was the only one who felt that way! She stomped around like a football player in high heels; it's agonizing to watch that scene.

by Anonymousreply 4704/13/2010

r43, her eyes got mean.

She used to have smiley eyes, now she smiles but her eyes don't.

by Anonymousreply 4804/13/2010

The mouth -

by Anonymousreply 4904/15/2010

by Anonymousreply 5006/20/2010

Saw her walking from the location set to her trailer during the filming of the scene in My Best Friend's Wedding where she almost breaks up Cameron Diaz and Dylan McDermott.

She is very tall and had the skiniest legs (and calves) I had ever seen. While her hair photographed red in the film, it was strawberry blond in person.

by Anonymousreply 5106/20/2010

It's disturbing how the tip of her nose almost goes into her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 5206/20/2010

I knew people at Time where she was being photographed for a cover in her prime (around the time of Erin Brockovich) and the one thing they all brought away from the photo shoot was how thin she was. Extremely thin. I do think she has that movie star quality of being ultra photogenic and, in her case, having a million-dollar smile (most exemplified in Pretty Woman). She can connect through the movie screen. I do think she has peaked and, although she can keep the career going through movies like Eat Pray Love that should have built-in box office, she's not on the top of the heap anymore.

by Anonymousreply 5306/20/2010

Funny that the only two times (IMO) she "connected" with the audience was playing a whore in "Pretty Woman" and an abrasive, pushy piece of white trash "Erin Brokovitch".

by Anonymousreply 5406/21/2010

In r43's 2009 pic, Roberts looks great--- and that's coming from someone who can't stand her ass.

In his younger days, Eric Roberts was simply gorgeous, which is why I just love watching his 1981 movie, Raggedy Man (also stars Sissy Spacek).

by Anonymousreply 5506/21/2010

wow r33. I never thought she was a bad actress, but after hearing you say her acting is put together piece by piece. wow.

by Anonymousreply 5606/21/2010

r31, her eyes are so friendly there.

Her eyes convey hatred in interviews now.

by Anonymousreply 5706/21/2010

r57, meant r43.

by Anonymousreply 5806/21/2010

Well R34, I think I'm going to stop trying to shed this 5 extra pounds I've been carrying around. ;-)

by Anonymousreply 5906/21/2010

So is she really a drunk?

She does have very bizarre behavior at events.

by Anonymousreply 6006/21/2010

She seems like a drunk.

by Anonymousreply 6106/21/2010

I don't get how she made it. What is the magic ingrediant - teeth?

by Anonymousreply 6202/06/2011

I remember back in the day when she was rumoured to be bisexual, although I'm not sure why.

by Anonymousreply 6302/06/2011

Part of the reason she looks horrible these days is that she's gone blonde.%0D %0D She looks AWFUL with blonde hair, it looks ultra-fake and it makes her face look peculiar. She needs to go red or brown again.

by Anonymousreply 6402/06/2011

I hate her as much as the rest of the DL, but I think that if she took roles that showed her nasty, cunty,evil bitch side (and we all know she has a HUGE muti-faceted one) she might actualy be a better "actress" than when she tries to portray sweet, nice, good women. She has to realize that no one buys her in these "good woman" roles any more. She's just not a good enough actress to pull it off. If she did start taking the bitch roles she wouldn't even really have to act, she would only have to memorize lines.%0D

by Anonymousreply 6502/06/2011

R65, you are right.%0D %0D Julia Roberts is in final negotiations to play the Evil Queen in one of the new SNOW WHITE live action films.

by Anonymousreply 6602/06/2011

by Anonymousreply 6702/08/2011

Julia eats at my restaurant from time to time. She is by no means ugly. She is by no means beautiful. She is above average, maybe, but she is Julia Roberts. She has that star wattage, and I HATE her. But she just has it. And, she is shockingly nice to my staff. Tips well. Never complains.

by Anonymousreply 6802/08/2011

I saw her backstage on Broadway. Her arms were not skinny, nor were her hips. But her neck was thin and ropy.%0D %0D She had major bitch face.

by Anonymousreply 6902/08/2011

I never thought she was attractive, when you look at each feature separately, she's quite fug.

Her mouth is too big, she has odd teeth, she has a strange shaped nose with big nostrils and her entire face is ferret-like.

At least she doesn't have those scary too-big Keane painting eyes like Anne Hathaway! But Robert's eyes aren't much better.

Her laugh makes my ears bleed, I've never found her laugh cute or infectious, just damn annoying.

All she had going for her was her mane of hair.

As for her acting, I was never a fan.

by Anonymousreply 7002/08/2011

by Anonymousreply 7102/09/2011

What does she really think about Bullock?

by Anonymousreply 7202/09/2011

Stick man, I see you and I bank you for really making me feeeeel.....

by Anonymousreply 7302/09/2011

by Anonymousreply 7402/11/2011

Here's Julia in 1989 on her first appearance on Letterman's show. She was beautiful then.

by Anonymousreply 7511/10/2012

Don't forget the big vein running down her forehead.

by Anonymousreply 7611/10/2012

Yes, have seen her in person, and she's stunning, unlike how I would lay gold bullion on the fact that the majority of the losers in this thread probably look like Rip Taylor on a bad hair day.

by Anonymousreply 7711/10/2012

I think she looked great then, great now. She looked fantastic in Duplicity and Larry Crowne.

by Anonymousreply 7811/10/2012

Eric Roberts was quite hot in his youth. His looks were ruined by a motorcycle accident that fucked up his face. Druga and alcohol didn't help, either.

Julia Roberts was attractive in that unusual Roberts way when she was younger; both she and Eric had good eyes and full lips and defined noses. And Julia had that big hair back then. I would never have called her drop dead gorgeous, but that was the way she was perceived by many. At any rate, she is not aging well. Those attributes that made her attractive back then, like the large wide mouth, don't lend themselves well to middle age.

I read some of a biography of Julia Roberts. I don't remember the author, but the book had a lot of information. To sum it up, Julia Roberts was/is slutty and bitchy. And her family was REALLY fucked up. I can't remember the details but Eric was really messed up by his upbringing; he developed a stutter in his childhood that was difficult for him to overcome and of course his emotional problems resulted in a very disturbed young man. I always thought he a better actor than his sister but he fouled up his life and career with his his erratic behavior and addictions. His loving sister distanced herself from him long ago, but supposedly is close with his daughter, who has inherited the Roberts big mouth and is intent on being a big movie star. It just goes on and on, in the way dysfunctional families do.

by Anonymousreply 7911/10/2012

She was hot when she was young and still eating food and had a nice big ass. Looked like a fun ride. That was a brief moment. She has looked starved and crazy for decades.

by Anonymousreply 8011/10/2012

Eric in his King of the Gypsies days -

by Anonymousreply 8111/10/2012

People magazine has her on the cover of their "Queen of the Cunts" issue next week.

by Anonymousreply 8211/11/2012

R80 - Yes, she had a huge ass in Mystic Pizza.

by Anonymousreply 8311/11/2012

She's "cunty" on airplanes.

by Anonymousreply 8511/11/2012

I am too, Lou the Stew! Not enough room, too many people wearing tank tops/camis, food sucks, and the plane might crash. She probably hates flying too, Lou the Stew.

by Anonymousreply 8611/11/2012

No, she just has a reputation for being a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 8711/11/2012

She's pretty and charming in the clip at R75.

She seems toxic now. Always has that "don't you dare question me" attitude beneath the surface.

Two reports on this thread that she's nice to waitstaff. That's usually where assholes shine - so who knows?

by Anonymousreply 8811/11/2012

R88 - 1989 was a long time ago. Katherine Heigl was also charming in her early interviews.

by Anonymousreply 8911/11/2012

I liked her look at the Golden Globes.

by Anonymousreply 9001/14/2013

A few years ago I was walking around Gramercy Park. I turned a corner and bumped into her as she was walking her dog. She was very pleasant and we both apologized for not paying attention I remember thinking she looked so pretty.

by Anonymousreply 9101/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!