Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Yawn, Good Grief Charlie Brown

This place is BORING!

My God, if you are not posting about Tiger Woods, Tyler Perry, Sandra Bullock or Oprah, threads have no discussion.

How over is DL?

Not even gossip has traction here; well, if it doesn't involve the above folks.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

by Anonymousreply 5602/09/2013

I must admit, since trolldar, DL certainly has become much more subdued. I'm sure it's a job for the webmaster, but for us worker bees it's not very stimulating any longer.

by Anonymousreply 104/10/2010

Thread deletion in 3... 2... 1...

by Anonymousreply 204/10/2010

R1 is right. There won't be any new gossip now that we have trolldar.

by Anonymousreply 304/10/2010

It's been over since the OP showed up.

by Anonymousreply 404/10/2010

Well Op where's YOUR gossip? You want everyone else to do the work?

by Anonymousreply 504/10/2010

What exactly is trolldar? Was is ever explained? What are the punishments?

by Anonymousreply 604/10/2010

Trolldar highlights the posts that are made from the same poster in every thread. I doubt anybody who has any real gossip will be posting.

by Anonymousreply 704/10/2010

When you troll-dar someone in a particular thread, I think it also highlights all of their comments in other threads, too.

I just haven't figured out how to turn it off once you've turned it on (or maybe it's just something weird with my computer that makes it so hard to deactivate).

by Anonymousreply 804/10/2010

r8, the only way to turn it off once you turn it on is to refresh your browser.

And there is no "punishment" per se, because I don't believe that when you click on troll-dar that anything is reported back to the site.

by Anonymousreply 904/10/2010

There is a way around trolldar, and it has absolutely nothing to do with IP addresses. If you're nice I'll tell you how.

by Anonymousreply 1004/10/2010

What, you didn't like my Milk of Magnesia thread?

by Anonymousreply 1104/10/2010

I noticed that it's not related to IP addresses as well when I troll-dar'ed myself and realized that posts I had made dog-sitting, as well as posts I had made at home all were highlighted. Not only were they different IP addresses, they were different ISPs.

It was the same laptop, and I used both my DL subscription number, as well as being signed in under my authenticated, so I'm not sure what exactly it is.

by Anonymousreply 1204/10/2010

Agreed OP, I hate the threads you mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 1304/10/2010

R10 is right. I found a way around trolldar, too. If it's useless why does the webmaster still keep it?

by Anonymousreply 1404/10/2010

Post it now r14.

by Anonymousreply 1504/10/2010

Trolldar is a headache for those of us who like to talk to ourselves here @ DL.

by Anonymousreply 1604/10/2010

r16, that makes DL's prospects worse if what you write is true. That would mean the ONLY threads that attract multiple posters and their interests are threads that have only to do with racist taunts against Sidibe and obsessive interests in straight sex scandals. Sad doesn't even approach the slide of DL if that is the case.

by Anonymousreply 1704/10/2010

Completely agree, r17.

I think there are three things that have caused DL's dry spell (I'm optimist and believe it has the potential to rebound):

1. The self-proclaimed detectives who insist on trying to figure posters out. Best example of this is the anti-Noodles troll.

2. The handful of racist and race baiting trolls. I pray to God that this something that will pass because if not, it will seriously be the cause of the demise of DL.

3. Fuckin' reality show related threads. They are no longer edgy and are basically lazy tv. Therefore threads about AI, the Amazing Race, etc are dull and end up alienating many, more than the rimming threads do.

by Anonymousreply 1804/10/2010

3 very annoying types of posters:

(1) The tattle tales

(2) Spelling/grammar trolls. Get a life, you freaks.

(3) Didactic trolls/Know It Alls. I hate these people.

I'm assuming that it's the same enormous losers that embody all three of these types of trolls.

by Anonymousreply 1904/10/2010

We're sorry, OP. We know how well paid we all are to entertain you.

by Anonymousreply 2004/10/2010

Well, clearly you haven't visited the Poncho thread.

by Anonymousreply 2104/10/2010

How would Trolldar keep anyone from posting gossip? You whinners are just pissed that you can't troll as easily as you used to.

by Anonymousreply 2204/10/2010

I agree with r22. The only ones who hate troll-dar are the trolls.

by Anonymousreply 2304/10/2010

[quote]Fuckin' reality show related threads. They are no longer edgy and are basically lazy tv. Therefore threads about AI, the Amazing Race, etc are dull and end up alienating many, more than the rimming threads do.

You know if you dont enjor rimming or reality TV you dont have to click on the thread. I dont not understand why some imbeciles here feel the need march into every thread they dont like and shit on it. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 2404/10/2010

What's with the Patsy Ramsey posts that have been making W&W?

by Anonymousreply 2504/10/2010

They always make it r25, and they are rarely funny. Extremely tired. I remember a thread from a few months again with numerous hilarious responses, many good enough for W&W, and the lone, unfunny Patsy Ramsey comment(not even really a joke) was chosen!

Also, there were a lot of gems on that cat detectives thread that went unnoticed.

by Anonymousreply 2604/10/2010

I don't contribute to threads that are no of interest to me, r24.

I was lamenting the fact that the crowding of reality show threads. In no way does that mean I invade these very threads and post my displeasure for their existence.

So your anger towards me is unwarranted so you, dear sir, can go fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 2704/10/2010

Don't forget Anderson, they are also obsessed with that news guy Anderson 360.

by Anonymousreply 2804/10/2010

I can't help clicking on the Anderson Cooper threads. The posts are beyond parody.

by Anonymousreply 2904/10/2010

I loved when Dl was funny.

The Kevin McNally troll, Donna Mills,Or any other funny shit that didn't erupt into racist fighting.

I'm sick of Miss Helen Bed the bitch isn't funny.

I can't stand the grammer trolls. They have no life and the highlight of the day is to point out imperfections. All the I spell better than you & the great education they have.

by Anonymousreply 3004/10/2010

((YAWNS))

by Anonymousreply 3104/11/2010

bump

by Anonymousreply 3204/16/2010

more primetime today. yawnz.

by Anonymousreply 3304/16/2010

bump

by Anonymousreply 3404/20/2010

I like the grammar trolls, as long as they are creatively bitchy or simply informative in their correction of my posts. I've learned a lot here.

by Anonymousreply 3504/20/2010

[quote]The Kevin McNally troll, Donna Mills,Or any other funny shit that didn't erupt into racist fighting.

It's [italic]Kerry[/italic] McNally! And, of course, his feets.

by Anonymousreply 3604/20/2010

Is everyone enjoying the last couple of days of primetime?

by Anonymousreply 3704/20/2010

*crickets*

by Anonymousreply 3804/20/2010

It's just the whole atmosphere has changed.

Torlldar is just a symptom. People can trolldar me until the fucking end of time. Suddenly it's like your allowed one response per thread and if you disagree with the majority of posters or the OP it goes like this: nice trey R6, R12, R14.

So it's not that I care about being trolldared it's that I care about being on a board with people who want to trolldar you because they disagree with you. And that is almost always how I've seen it used.

So it's primetime, trolldar, people who like using trolldar, and a cabal of far left wing political trolls who are so fucking annoying. Do we really need about 5 Sarah Palin threads a day?

That's my disjointed rant.

by Anonymousreply 3904/20/2010

I'm sorry, were you speaking, R39? Because all I could hear was the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 4004/20/2010

Primetime here.

Any questions?

by Anonymousreply 4104/20/2010

Congratulations on your incredibly dull, meta-thread OP.

by Anonymousreply 4204/20/2010

Why has DL been in primetime for the last 3 days?

by Anonymousreply 4304/21/2010

Maybe Webmaster is stuck in Europe?

by Anonymousreply 4404/21/2010

I must be one of the few who thinks it's gotten better recently. I have always hated all the frau bating threads and we haven't seen many in a while. As a matter of fact, a sweet sounding straight chick asked for some dating advice yesterday and I braced myself for the hate, but the responses were actually quite tame.

by Anonymousreply 4504/21/2010

Primetime is strangling this place.

by Anonymousreply 4604/30/2010

The main nut or nuts creating the Sandra Bullock threads should be banned. In fact, I think that no more Sandra threads she be allowed.

by Anonymousreply 4704/30/2010

Sorry OP, but the oil spill in New Orleans hasn't provided much in the way of good dish.

by Anonymousreply 4804/30/2010

I have some insider dish for you. A certain well known authenticated poster was involuntarily committed recently after a DUI arrest. I can't say more. But if you think for a moment, her maddeningly hysterical bitchiness on this board should clue you in.

by Anonymousreply 4904/30/2010

more hints r49

by Anonymousreply 5005/01/2010

Ah, gotcha.

"maddeningly hysterical bitchiness"

=MHB

by Anonymousreply 5105/01/2010

OP here and believe this if you believe nothing else, I am not that girly girl Ms. batshitcarzy helenhead. K?

Stuck my ahem 'head' in to see what DL was up to and found nothing of interest yet there were over 100 more posts on Halle Berry!!? lol

Told you. This place is ovah.

by Anonymousreply 5205/01/2010

Remember when Charlie Brown kept getting rocks for Christmas?

by Anonymousreply 5311/27/2012

Do you know the only person with a head bigger than Charlie Tiffani fast face Thiessen. The fat facer.

by Anonymousreply 5402/09/2013

The original actor who played Charlie Brown is gay and a chester. He has the AIDS and no doubtedly the hep as well.

by Anonymousreply 5502/09/2013

r53

Loser

Charlie Brown got rocks for Halloween. On Christmas he was just getting his rocks off.

by Anonymousreply 5602/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.