Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Paul McCartney

I heard that he's bisexual. Does anyone know anything about that? He sure was pretty in his day.

by Anonymousreply 15908/31/2014

Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 104/06/2010

Do we have a picture of Sir Paul?

Ah yes, there it is.

by Anonymousreply 204/06/2010

OP, I think you missed the "Beatles Were Bi" threads. There were about four or five of them until it fizzled out.

by Anonymousreply 304/06/2010

Here's a much better one, R2.

by Anonymousreply 404/06/2010

He's bi as is every other male according to DL. I am pretty sure he would have been labelled gay too if his obvious love of the pussy wasn't there.

by Anonymousreply 504/06/2010

I doubt he is even bisexual. His songs are not implying anything like that. He seems to be in love and be inspired always by women.

I LOVE PAUL. HE IS SO AWESOME. HIS SONGS ARE LOVELY, MELLOW, UNIQUE!

by Anonymousreply 705/23/2013

The truly talented Beatle was George.

by Anonymousreply 805/23/2013

He's not gay, he's just British.

by Anonymousreply 905/23/2013

r7=frau

by Anonymousreply 1005/23/2013

Not homo or bisexual. Just British-girly. Not unusual.

by Anonymousreply 1105/23/2013

Now looking OLD...

With the worst dye-job in the world.

by Anonymousreply 1205/23/2013

He has a shanty chav vibe that all his money can't erase.

by Anonymousreply 1305/23/2013

He's not gay.

I know someone who cater waitered his parties in between the Heather Mills and Nancy Whatshername marriages. She said he is very generous (pays the waitstaff more than their asking price), but he is a very guarded person, a bit of a perfectionist, a little tense. She says he is not one of those phony-friendly "I'm just like you" types. Prim and proper is the term, I guess.

She says they all stand about tensely before the party when he comes in, checks all the food - the placement, the taste, etc -- asks for changes about where things should go and sometimes doesn't want something served if he tastes it and doesn't like it for some reason. All his food is vegetarian but he serves a LOT of caviar. I was kind of surprised by that because isn't caviar fish fetus? But if he believes in abortion for humans, I guess its ok for fish too, and people can eat the aborted fish eggs and still be vegetarians.

BTW -- for those of you who think the very wealthy all ought to be generous with their workers salaries, think again. They are among the very worst when it comes to paying their bills. So McCartney's generosity is a standout.

by Anonymousreply 1405/23/2013

Where did you hear that OP? I heard he's straight.

by Anonymousreply 1505/23/2013

R15 OP never heard that from anywhere, he just thought Paul might be and created this thread to convince himself that he must not be the only one who thinks this way.

by Anonymousreply 1605/23/2013

He wasn't a "chav", r13, he was a middle-class grammar school boy, like George Harrison. The most working-class one was John Lennon, and there was nothing chavvy about him. Ringo was lower middle-class and still has a bit of that Old Englande working-class cheeky chappy thing about him, but that's why we love him.

by Anonymousreply 1705/23/2013

Stella looks like a typical frau washer woman type.

by Anonymousreply 1805/23/2013

How DARE you R2!!!

by Anonymousreply 1905/23/2013

Stella has inherited the worst features of her parents. She always has that smarmy superior bug-eyed look on her face, I want to slap her viciously.

It's quite laughable that her vinyl shoes and vinyl handbags are outrageously expensive! ugh

by Anonymousreply 2005/23/2013

Interesting article. Personally, i love them both.

by Anonymousreply 2105/24/2013

Nice, R14, but we could have done without the abortion commentary.

by Anonymousreply 2205/24/2013

I LOVE PAUL, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE PAUL, I LOVE THE BEATLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2305/24/2013

Thought it was always unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 2405/24/2013

Paul McCartney did have sex with that woman with the one leg. So that tells me, he probably pretty sexually adventurous.

by Anonymousreply 2505/24/2013

R26, you are unhinged if you think so.

by Anonymousreply 2705/24/2013

[quote]people can eat the aborted fish eggs and still be vegetarians.

No they can't, R14. An egg is an animal product not a plant product. They can call themselves vegetarians but that doesn't make it so.

by Anonymousreply 2805/24/2013

Never thought any of the Beatles were that good looking Paul was merely cute and John was kind of sexy but no great shakes. It's not like any of them could come close to Jim Morrison.

by Anonymousreply 3005/24/2013

[quote] The most working-class one was John Lennon

Are you English? You clearly know nothing.

by Anonymousreply 3105/24/2013

Ok, Jim Morrison was sexy, true, but he was such an incorrigible jerk. He turned his back to his family, just because he was too obsessed with his beatnik literature heroes, (he wanted to become one of them)and in real life he didn't have the sensitivity to put himself in someone else's place. He preferred to deal with his demons, and to get carried away in the world of his poetry, a world of booze, drugs, bars, desperation and fun.

John was far more sexy. He was not a saint at all, but he was so needy in love(i found that very very sexy), so sensitive as it comes to feelings and to his music. There is such love for humanity in his lyrics. It's so touching his work with The Beatles, and part of his solo work is equally moving.

The Doors, is one of my favourite bands as well, but Morrison could never get anywhere as a musician, because he didn't know how to play any instruments. He was so lucky that he met Ray Manzarek and Ray Manzarek was lucky to meet Morrison, too, that goes without a question.

Jim was an expressive man, who knew how to make his voice colorful and expressive, although in the beginning, he wasn't like that at all. I read that Ray was the one who was singing more in their first appearances in public. However, i have listened to them both and i can tell you without having any doubts on that: Morrison had the voice to be a rock star, Ray didn't have that. I doubt that Morrison would get anywhere as a singer, if he hadn't met Ray and the other guys. It was the right combination, you know?

I got carried away, sorry...what was the topic? Oh Paul...well...you know my feelings about The Beatles, Paul and John already. Well, at least you know, if you read my blah blah before.

by Anonymousreply 3205/24/2013

[quote]The Stones are selling out everywhere on their current tour, while McCartney released an album that nobody bought last year and had a not so successful tour.

McCartney just started a world tour a few weeks ago and tickets are selling like crazy. Multiple dates in some cities. If you don't like him that's one thing, but to say that his tours aren't successful is just not based in reality.

by Anonymousreply 3305/24/2013

hehe

by Anonymousreply 3405/24/2013

Bump!

by Anonymousreply 3505/25/2013

R20, if it was olden times you just know Stella would be taking in washing to make ends meet. She should be washing clothes, not designing them.

That deserves a ww.

by Anonymousreply 3605/25/2013

There's nothing in that video to suggest that John wasn't the most working-class of the Beatles. Ok, maybe he was a bit lower-middle-class, more on a level with Ringo.

How English are you, if you can't comprehend the politics of grammar schools in the 1950s?

by Anonymousreply 3705/25/2013

Ringo, lower working class.

Paul, comfortable ambitious working class.

George, comfortable working class.

John, snobby lower middle class.

by Anonymousreply 3805/25/2013

I remember the earlier Beatleslash threads, R3, and there was a pretty good case for Lennon being conflicted and unhappy gay/bi man.

The man had so many issues, why not that?

by Anonymousreply 3905/25/2013

Agree w/r38, Lennon was the Beatle with the middle class background or close to it. His Aunt Mimi (who raised him) lived in a middle-to-lower-middle class area of Liverpool.

r28 are you confusing veganism with vegetarianism? Because vegetarians usually eat eggs and dairy, and some qualify themselves as such if they eat fish also. Vegans eat only plant products.

by Anonymousreply 4005/25/2013

Ringo was lower working class? What is that?

Listening to Paul McCartney in interviews today he sounds like he really had a well thought out, long-term plan of what he wanted to do with the Beatles. It comes across as very middle-class.

A good case hasn't been made that John was conflicted gay/bi, at least not in the real world, maybe in some people's fantasies though.

by Anonymousreply 4105/25/2013

Lower working class = very poor, poorer than the average working class. It would be underclass in todays parlance.

by Anonymousreply 4205/26/2013

All three Beatles were talented and Ringo was cute.

by Anonymousreply 4305/26/2013

John was heterosexual, but he did have sex with men on a few occasions (Brian Epstein, Stuart Sutcliffe). I wouldn't call that bi.

by Anonymousreply 4405/26/2013

Well, if John was doped and horny, it isn't exactly a surprise that he would have slept with a man under these circumstances

by Anonymousreply 4505/26/2013

yum

by Anonymousreply 4605/26/2013

Ringo was the poorest. The other three were middle class. John liked to play the working class hero but he wasn't working class at all. His Aunt Mimi owned the house they lived in which was not common at the time.

Aunt Mimi gets a bad rap because John hated her for taking him away from his mother but his mom Julia had quite a few BFs she bounced back and forth between and her son, despite John's unrequited love for her, came after Julia's BFs. To Julia, the man came first and foremost, the boy came in a far second.

by Anonymousreply 4705/26/2013

Ringo came from the poorest family of the four. John's family was the only one who didn't live in government housing. All of that info is easily available from Beatles biographies and websites.

by Anonymousreply 4805/26/2013

r29, perhaps that is because the Stones are still the post-Brian Stones, while half the Beatles are dead.

If you think audiences are clamoring for new Stones songs, you'd probably be wrong.

But this topic is such a generational one, as in, you really had to live during the 1960's (as I did) to "get" the Beatles, the resultant British Invasion, and the IMMENSE cultural influence that was concomitant.

And Paul was undeniably a beautiful man in his twenties.

by Anonymousreply 4905/26/2013

Paul was beautiful and cute but not sexy.

A really great songwriter with a really great voice though.

by Anonymousreply 5005/26/2013

John was not as beautiful or melodic as Paul, but he was very sexy. Wasn't he?

by Anonymousreply 5105/26/2013

John and Paul fucked any female who moved. Then John met Yoko and Paul met Linda and they each became practically obsessed with their wives. Except for John's "lost weekend" with May Pang, neither man touched a woman besides his wife after he marriage her. (John's first marriage is excluded because he claimed he never loved Cynthia and that she "trapped him" into marriage.)

George, on the other hand, had no problem cheating on both of his wives. It's funny how George was nicknamed "The Quiet One" by the press. He was the biggest partier among the Beatles and had a huge circle of friends. He also broke up Ringo's marriage by talking Maureen into sleeping with him. Maureen was hurt that Ringo cheated on her so much, so she went along with George. Both Patty Boyd and Ringo blamed Maureen and exonerated George.

Since Ringo had no problem cheating on Maureen he probably cheated on Barbara Bachman as well.

by Anonymousreply 5205/26/2013

I adore Paul, but when it comes to sex, i would prefer to have sex with John.

by Anonymousreply 5305/26/2013

In all the time the Beatles were famous I never knew George's sister lived in the US. He contemplated moving into her home in the US before the Beatles became famous because job prospects in Liverpool weren't very good.

He stopped speaking to her in the 90s and only reconciled with her when he was on his death bed. He left her nothing in his will.

by Anonymousreply 5505/26/2013

Wow R52...really? I had no idea about that. Really John said he never loved Cynthia and that she trapped him into a marriage? How she trapped him? She was pregnant is his child? Anyway, John should never made that statement in public, if it is true. A man shouldn't speak like that for one of the mothers of his children. He could keep that thought for himself...

Now as it comes to George, wow, again! Really he was a cheater? Then, i'm glad Eric Clapton stole his wife and i don't feel pity about that anymore. I remember me thinking 'Oh poor Georgie, your wife left you for another man.'

Lol...Do you happen to know if Paul cheated on Linda? What about his second marriage? Why he broke up with his second wife?

Their personal lives won't make me change my feelings about their music. I'm not that gaga. I'm just curious to know...

by Anonymousreply 5605/26/2013

Omg, why the hell George Harrison didn't speak to his sister? What she did to him? I thought George was a spiritual man who didn't bear grudges to anybody.

by Anonymousreply 5705/26/2013

He's 70. Who wants that wrinkled gherkin?

by Anonymousreply 5805/26/2013

George also fell out with one of his brothers and banished him from Friar Park. This has been glossed over in recent biographies because the family blaimed it on George's cancer spreading to his brain. He reconciled with everyone on his deathbed.

by Anonymousreply 5905/26/2013

R46, that pic was taken after Paul had his nose thinned.

by Anonymousreply 6005/26/2013

R54, i don't think that Paul was the most self-centered from The Beatles. I have the notion that John was more like that. Now, i begin to think that George was probably more self-centered than Paul too...

I don't know if Paul is vain. Perhaps sometimes he is, he is a public face so...he has to be a little vain. However, he is cute, intelligent and i have seen him to make a goofy of himself in plenty of his photos.

by Anonymousreply 6105/26/2013

They all must have had massive egos at one point. How do you achieve that level of fame without it?

by Anonymousreply 6205/26/2013

They were all boys in their early twenties (Harrison was barely twenty) when they were catapulted to instant fame. So before they could grow out of being self-centered teenagers the whole world started behaving as if they were the best thing that happened to it - so of course they believed it.

John was probably the most emotionally fucked-up of all of them, though. He must've had huge mommy issues (even bigger than Paul remembers cuddling with his mother a little too fondly in his biography). John's relationship with his first wife was dreadful (he left her and their newborn to go to Barcelona with Epstein). In the Beatle era, he was surrounded be legions of bland, meaningless fangirls with pesky paternity suits. So no longer he then latched on to the older, wiser, weirder, more dominant Yoko and formed a complete dependence on her.

by Anonymousreply 6305/26/2013

*Paul who remembers

*by legions

*no wonder

by Anonymousreply 6405/26/2013

Thanks for replying sweet R63.

:)

by Anonymousreply 6505/26/2013

A pal of mine is a folk musician in the UK, and he often plays in informal sessions in a pub a couple villages away from Paul's country house. Paul has shown up many times to sit in with the amateur musicians.

Since it's all locals and they're used to Paul being around, no one bothers him, and he seems to have a great time playing for the dozen people in the bar. Sometimes he brings a guitar, but he usually borrows whatever is at hand, often percussion of some kind, and he goes out of his way to just be a member of the group, nothing diva at all.

My friend also swears that the stories about him not reading music are true. I find it hard to believe that in all these years he's never managed "FACE" and Every Good Boy Does Fine, but apparently not.

by Anonymousreply 6605/26/2013

Both Pattie Boyd and Olivia Harrison were asked about George's frequent infidelities. Pattie said that George basically told her, "This is how it is. You're married to a Beatle and this is what being a Beatle is like." She felt she had to put up with it because of his fame. Later in their marriage, according to Ronnie Wood, a lot of wife-swapping went on, but Pattie just says that period was "crazy" due to all the drugs everyone was taking.

Olivia was asked about it in Martin Scorcese's documentary about George. She said something to the effect of how women loved George and George loved women.

by Anonymousreply 6705/26/2013

The father of one of my son's schoolmates wrote a story about Paul for a major magazine and followed Paul about for a few weeks in the US and UK and affirmed Paul did not read music. He has people who do that for him. He also had young employees who managed for him and explained to him the Internet. They released some of his recent music for him online. This was 6 or 7 years ago. Paul likes to keep up with what's current and does not want to be seen as an old fuddy duddy.

by Anonymousreply 6805/26/2013

Omg, did George say that terrible thing to his wife? It's so uncool. Lol!

by Anonymousreply 6905/26/2013

R29 is mad if he doesn't think that if John Lennon were alive and he, Paul and either both or one of George and Ringo went on a tour as the Beatles, even in their 70s, stadiums wouldn't be packed.

It's known Paul doesn't read music. But, how does he write scores for his operas and oratorios and other orchestral music? It would be a bit difficult to get someone to do that for him and impossible for the orchestra to know what to play if there is no score!

by Anonymousreply 7005/26/2013

Hm, ok, here's the answer to my question above:

"The former Beatle, who famously doesn’t know how to read music and thus developed the score with the aid of a computer program, admitted that “it can be very embarrassing to be in front of an orchestra and a conductor will say to me, ‘at letter D here, is that a 3/4 or a 2/4 bar?’ I’d say, ‘could you play it?’ Because I could tell then. I do it by hearing it.” (The British arranger John Wilson is co-credited with the arrangements for Ocean's Kingdom.)"

No orchestra would tolerate that from a composer if they weren't Paul McCartney!

Would it have been too much hassle to learn to read music and score properly?

by Anonymousreply 7105/26/2013

My friend mentioned above did say that he has the best ear for music he's ever come across. If he hears a tune one time though he can play it, he can do it in any key with endless variations, and he'll remember it note for note 3 months later.

by Anonymousreply 7205/26/2013

My favorite Paul McCartney songs are (without particular order)

Another Day

Waterfalls

The Pound is Sinking

Put It There

Somebody Who Cares

Wanderlust

My Brave Face

Motor of Love

On The Way

Magic

Lonely Road

Driving Rain

Young Boy

Too Many People

Ebony and Ivory

Silly Love Songs

Some People Never Know

by Anonymousreply 7305/26/2013

Let's post some photos of Paul

by Anonymousreply 7405/26/2013

Coala...Paul!

by Anonymousreply 7505/26/2013

Paul McCartney rockin' his "Granny Square Vest"!

by Anonymousreply 7605/26/2013

Misty Paul...

Lol

by Anonymousreply 7705/26/2013

Paul with 1st daughter Mary Ann McCartney (1970)

by Anonymousreply 7805/26/2013

Tea break

by Anonymousreply 7905/26/2013

One more shot

by Anonymousreply 8005/26/2013

Puppy face

by Anonymousreply 8105/26/2013

With John

by Anonymousreply 8205/26/2013

Oh you know, just Paul wearing his baby.

by Anonymousreply 8305/26/2013

At last, one sexy photo of Paul

by Anonymousreply 8405/26/2013

To get around the technical problem of not being able to read or write music, Paul collaborated with Carl Davis in composing the Liverpool Oratorio.

"Mr. McCartney, who does not read or write musical notation, agreed [to compose the Oratorio], on the condition that Mr. Davis provide technical support."

Carl Davis was the associate conductor of the London Philharmonic Orchestra.

by Anonymousreply 8505/26/2013

OMG. They guy is over 70 years old! I don't care if he is quadrasexual.

by Anonymousreply 8605/26/2013

R85, hmmm, ok. :)

R86, do you want me to gag your little mouth with a dirty kiss? I bet you don't, so stop being a bitch!

"I just saw Linda from across the room and fancied her like mad." -Paul McCartney😍❤

by Anonymousreply 8705/26/2013

Paul and Mary McCartney

by Anonymousreply 8805/26/2013

His mouth is kissable. He is not that sexy, but he very very cute and pretty.

by Anonymousreply 8905/26/2013

Sideburns, no shirt

by Anonymousreply 9005/26/2013

Two of us

by Anonymousreply 9105/26/2013

God, he is cute!

by Anonymousreply 9205/26/2013

Yes, he is :)

by Anonymousreply 9305/26/2013

Juniors... Paul and John

by Anonymousreply 9405/26/2013

" I had no idea about that. Really John said he never loved Cynthia and that she trapped him into a marriage? "

John and Cynthia met in art college, and like the idiot kids they were, had been having unprotected sex for TWO YEARS when she got pregnant. She loved him, but he didn't love her and hadn't wanted a baby (if a pretty girl wanted to have sex with him he wouldn't turn her down), but he didn't do anything to prevent a pregnancy.

He did his duty and married her, and treated her like dirt until he dumped her for Yoko.

by Anonymousreply 9505/26/2013

Oh gosh, R95.It's so strange that a guy like John could be so cruel, if so.

Ffs, Cynthia was not a stunning beauty, but in comparison with Yoko, she was a goddess. Maybe, she brought John the worst out of him. If he was just a jerk, he would fall just for the fist glamorous puss he would lay eyes on. You got it right, though. He was just angsty, and maybe Cynthia could not get very deep with him and that upset him... Men like John can be very inconsiderate when they are up a cloud without being happy on it.

On the other hand, i guess it was mostly his fault that he treated a woman like dirt. That goes without saying.

by Anonymousreply 9605/26/2013

If Paul and John were young and you had the chance to have one of them in your world...who would you choose?

by Anonymousreply 9705/28/2013

R81, notice Paul's nose thinning surgery in that pic?

by Anonymousreply 9805/28/2013

McCartney: not gay. I remember some recent show about the Beatles on tv recently. Someone who knew McCartney said that he always had to have a woman around, always. And that is what destroyed his relationship with Jane Asher.

Jane was doing a play and came back to their place unexpectedly and caught Paul with a skank named Francie Schwartz. That was the death knell for their relationship. Jane was gorgeous and talented and intelligent and nice, but she was also independent. That probably didn't sit very well with Paul.

After he and Jane split he hooked up with Linda Eastman, who was the opposite of Jane: frumpy, dim-witted and submissive. She was a groupie, but carried around a camera to make it seem like she was a photographer. She took pictures but wasn't particularly good at it. Paul married her after she became pregant. The marriage worked; she was a baby machine and adoring wife who stroked his ego and worshipped him. She had a fair amount of influence over him; after they got together he became a vegetarian and a member of PETA. He also became sloppy and unwashed. At any rate, they stayed together until death did them part.

Paul inability to be alone caused to idiotically marry the dreadful uber-cunt Heather Mills. Their divorce was truly nasty. He's since remarried. Hopefully his new wife gives him peace and happiness.

by Anonymousreply 9905/28/2013

R99, what exactly Heather Mills did that made her a cunt in your eyes?

by Anonymousreply 10005/29/2013

So Heather Mills is a former soft porn model?

Although stating that they had a good sex life, Mills started complaining about the marriage to friends, saying that McCartney was "a boring old fart", and wondering why he had no social life, as well as saying "He has no friends and it's driving me mad". She did not like living at the remote McCartney home in Peasmarsh: "The only thing he [McCartney] ever does is occasionally go to the pub with his roadie. We never have parties or do fun things". After some time apart, Mills and McCartney separated on 17 May 2006. In November 2007, Mills gave a number of interviews, saying that the breakdown of the marriage was caused by her husband's daughter, Stella, whom she described as "jealous" and "evil". Mills had previously talked with New York magazine, saying Stella had once issued a press release confirming how much she liked her new stepmother, although Stella's publicist denied that such a statement had ever been issued...

by Anonymousreply 10105/29/2013

What I think is interesting is that no one here has really discussed the fact that Brian Epstein, their manager was a homosexual. Brian was in love with John. How did people not make a big deal about it back then. Brian was a gentleman, but I think it's interesting that its not talked about more...

To those who were there at the time of The Beatles arrival Why wasn't it talked about?

by Anonymousreply 10205/29/2013

R102 in Wikipedia it is written:

There were reports of a brief sexual encounter between Lennon and Epstein during a four-day holiday in Barcelona, in April 1963. Lennon always denied the rumours, telling Playboy in 1980: "Well, it was almost a love affair, but not quite. It was never consummated... but we did have a pretty intense relationship". Lennon's first wife Cynthia also maintains that Lennon's relationship with Epstein was platonic.

by Anonymousreply 10305/29/2013

McCartney has mentioned that he had a really good friend of his who was gay and they went to Paris together to see an art exhibition. He also talked about being secure enough in his sexuality to do a thing like that. This all happened in the 60s BTW.

When The Beatles first went to Paris McCartney claimed that all the gay guys went nuts over Ringo!? Who knew that Ringo was so attractive to Frenchies.....

by Anonymousreply 10405/29/2013

Because, r102, we lived and let live back then.

And the mainstream media weren't 24/7 celebrity-gossip-hungry as they are now; "Access Hollywood" did not succeed the nightly news with Cronkite.

by Anonymousreply 10505/29/2013

"Linda Eastman, who was the opposite of Jane: frumpy, dim-witted and submissive."

LOL. Paul does not like submissive women. Linda was a Jewish woman from New York. A divorcee and a mother when Paul met her. Her ability to have children and her willingness to have more was what separated her from Jane Asher.

by Anonymousreply 10606/01/2013

Mills started complaining about the marriage to friends, saying that McCartney was "a boring old fart", and wondering why he had no social life, as well as saying "He has no friends and it's driving me mad".

He did have friends, but they didn't like Heather Mills and so wouldn't come round.

When Paul was married to Linda and they were young and their kids were young, friends dropped by all the time. "Open the door and let 'em in."

But people get older, parents get involved in their children's lives, children grow up, start dating, getting married... you become more family oriented as you age. And Paul's family hated Heather, so she had no relationship with his kids.

by Anonymousreply 10706/01/2013

Julian Lennon stated that he likes more Paul McCartney's compositions than his father's(John Lennon)

by Anonymousreply 10809/02/2013

R100 Heather was engaged to be married to another man. A week before the wedding she met Paul McCartney and called off the marriage. Add to the fact that she was the girl toy of several rich Arabs who used her services as an escort. In essence, she was a gold digging and money hungry cunt.

by Anonymousreply 10909/02/2013

I bet thats a surprise for Jane Asher, Linda, Heather and all the rest ....

He WAS very pretty when he was young though, so must have had a lot of male interest, though it seems it was John Lennon their manager Brian Epstein wanted.

by Anonymousreply 11009/02/2013

Didnt Paul and Linda live away from it all up in remote Scotland - not too many friends calling around there!

by Anonymousreply 11109/02/2013

R109, regardless, McCartney went for it. He was a grown man and acted like a dumb kid. He deserved what he got.

by Anonymousreply 11209/02/2013

What annoys me is that McCartney has become The Beatles, at all those concerts where he is trotted out at the end to lead everyone else into Hey Jude and everyone is over-awed to see him. Its like Ringo - the other living Beatle - is ignored and considered of no importance.

by Anonymousreply 11309/02/2013

McCartney has so much money, Mills only got a tiny fraction of it.

At least he seems to have brought up his kids to be ordindary, though would Stella have got where she is now if she wasn't his daughter? Don't think so.

Jane Asher (still a busy actress and classy lady looking great for her late 60s) is the one person who has never traded on her Beatle connections. But then she is from a classy family of Wimpole Street professionals (father in medicine, mother a musician), brother Peter also in music of course. Paul liked living when them when he moved to London, before he got his own place and had to start alley-catting around. Asher gave him the class he aspired to.

by Anonymousreply 11409/02/2013

R67, Olivia also talks specifically about George bringing women to the house, and how she drew the line at that. Sounded like even after he did it once and was told never again, he'd still "forget" and bring another woman to their home.

The Beatles' former secretary Freda Brown in the documentary "Good Ol' Freda" says the label insisted they never mention John was married. Epstein was so adamant about this that when one of Freda's friends was dating John, she couldn't tell her friend that he was already married.

by Anonymousreply 11509/02/2013

R113, Ringo didn't write the music. Ringo was inconsequential in The Beatles.

by Anonymousreply 11609/02/2013

He (Ringo) is still a Beatle though and should be included at events too, and he did a few songs himself circa the Yellow Submarine era.

Didn't McCartney or his minions at one stage try to legally get the song credits changed from 'Lennon-McCartney' to 'McCartney-Lennon' - but was over-ruled. I am sure I read something about that. Perhaps Yoko put a stop to it.

by Anonymousreply 11709/02/2013

I hope he is still not dyeing his hair that awful auburgene colour. Maybe his current wife should sort it out.

by Anonymousreply 11809/02/2013

R112 True, he got what he deserved. He was an idiot for falling for her act.

Ringo? The deaf guy who hung around the band?I liked Ringo but he was not a prime mover in that group. Macca was the main force in the Beatles love or hate him of them, that's why he gets so much love for The Beatles work. He also wrote along with Lennon the vast majority of their output.

by Anonymousreply 11909/02/2013

R118, his current wife has lots of black hair dye, fake breasts and one of the worst nose jobs I've ever seen. I think not.

by Anonymousreply 12009/02/2013

His current wife's ex husband Bruce Blakeman is one hot silver haired fox. I wonder if he found a twink or twinkette to spend his time with these days?

by Anonymousreply 12109/02/2013

[quote]Julian Lennon stated that he likes more Paul McCartney's compositions than his father's(John Lennon)

Hardly surprising considering McCartney was more of a father to Julian than Lennon could ever be bothered to be.

My favourite story about Heather was that Stella (entitled, arrogant cunt that she is) stubbed a cigarette out on her false leg at the wedding reception when Heather wasn't looking. Everyone but Paul McCartney loathed Heather.

by Anonymousreply 12209/02/2013

Heather Mills was notorious for taking credit for other people's work, to the extent that she pretended to be a journalist - there IS a journalist named Heather Mills, who is well respected, and the one-legged Mills used her press cuttings to try to get a job and pretended to be her for a whole year. The single shoe-er also starred in a German porn flick which when it was revealed to be her she claimed was an 'instruction' video.

There is another ex-prostitute named Denize Hewitt who was on the Arab party scene with Mills and she has dished the dirt several times about Mills being a prostitute.

Mill's first ex-husband called her a pathological liar. Basically everything she has said about herself cannot be trusted. If I met her I'd have to count the legs to make sure that was actually true.

by Anonymousreply 12309/02/2013

Having been to there houses your spot on r38. John grew up in a very nice area, in a nice house. Ringo on the other hand grew up in the dingle, which is rough!

Paul was very gay friendly considering it was the 60s, but not bi himself

by Anonymousreply 12409/02/2013

I heard a storey that Brian tried it on with pete best, who turned him down. The other Beatles just gave each other a look as if it wasn't usual and just "brian"

by Anonymousreply 12509/02/2013

Meant unusual! R125

by Anonymousreply 12609/02/2013

Lennon stated in a Playboy interview after he hooked up with Yoko and they had had a child, that his firstborn with Cynthia (Julian) was the product of a bottle of whiskey in the back seat of a car and that his son with Yoko was so much more meaningful. Julian was a boy at the time and I'm sure he read this. That is heartless and unforgiveable in my book. Never liked him after that

by Anonymousreply 12709/02/2013

After Lennon and Ono had their rugrat, John made a big show of being a "house husband." When asked what he'd been doing during his lost years he said "I've been baking bread and looking after the baby." Well, he did try baking a few loaves of bread, but he sure didn't look after "the baby." Nannies did that. But he made a big show of his fatherhood, being photographed cuddling Sean, and gushing in inteviews about how this time he was REALLY going to be a father to his child. He wrote a song about his little darling called "Beautiful Boy." Sean was also brought up in the lap of luxury and got any material thing he wanted. I can't imagine any of this went down very well for Julian, who was mostly ignored by Lennon during his upbringing and after his parent's divorce did not live a life of materical ease.

You really can't believe most of what John Lennon said publicly. He was full of shit most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 12809/02/2013

Wasn't Lennon still on heroin while he supposedly performed house husband duties? He certainly was anorexic.

by Anonymousreply 12909/03/2013

He'd look 500 times better if he ditched the Clairol.

by Anonymousreply 13009/03/2013

He's straight.

by Anonymousreply 13109/03/2013

"asn't Lennon still on heroin while he supposedly performed house husband duties? He certainly was anorexic."

He was still a drug addict during his stint as as a "house husband." I don't know if he was still using heroin. Yoko certainly was.

As for Paul, he is not bisexual. He's a fool for women. He really blew it when he married the ghastly Heather Mills. Her latest wife seems to be good for him. He's always needed a woman around. There are men like that; they need to have a woman, some woman, around at all times.

by Anonymousreply 13209/03/2013

For those interested in The Beatles, Cynthia Lennon's book titled Lennon is a good read. Of course, it is written entirely from her point of view, but even knowing that; John does not come across as the greatest guy. His treatment of Julian during the Yoko years is appalling. Very sad. The rest of The Beatles come across as nice guys, especially Paul, who it seems took an interest in helping Julian through the rough years.

by Anonymousreply 13309/03/2013

OMG. Paul M. is over 70. 70, people! What the hell is he doing with a GIRL friend?!

by Anonymousreply 13409/07/2013

Are you asking if the first McCartney was bisexual? The one that died in the car crash? Or the second one, the imposter that they used to keep the cash rolling in?

by Anonymousreply 13509/07/2013

Does Macca have a thing with his roadie of 30 years who's also named John? He's always around even when Paul is out with his wife.

by Anonymousreply 13609/07/2013

No,OP,he`s a vegetarian,you confused those two things.

by Anonymousreply 13709/07/2013

Was Pual supposed to be the cute one? Or the funny one?

by Anonymousreply 13804/03/2014

Pual was the gloved one.

by Anonymousreply 13904/06/2014

There would be no Beatles without Paul. John Lennon avid fans seem to forgot that.

by Anonymousreply 14005/18/2014

*forget

by Anonymousreply 14105/18/2014

I'm reading a biography about Paul. He was not as sensitive and as loyal as his songs implied that he was. He was constantly cheating on his girlfriends and sometimes he did that without caring to cover his traces. I think she wanted to hurt them deliberately...

Lennon could be an ass too, but i think he was more original than Paul. He was less superficial and the fact that he was so fucking intense shows sensitivity. He didn't treat his first wife Cynthia good, of course, but i think that Cynthia should be more talkative with John. If she was persistent and didn't expect from John to approach her whenever he was moody, John would never leave her. John needed to be invited, to be stimulated. Cynthia was too passive for John. At the beginning, John liked that but later, he needed more than that. He needed someone who could understand his artistic impulses.

by Anonymousreply 14208/19/2014

*he wanted to hurt them...

by Anonymousreply 14308/19/2014

Ask John and Paul's children how evil their fathers were. John wins by a mile.

by Anonymousreply 14408/19/2014

Paul was a good father.

By the way is Heather, his stepdaughter a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 14508/28/2014

R145, she probably is in the closet, yeah. She still lives alone, i think...

As it comes to the other Heather in his life, his ex-wife, she was a total bitch. Only a stupid person would buy her lies, today. Her past speaks for itself, so does her attitude. Paul wasn't a wife beater. Can you imagine him hitting a woman, anyway? Yes, he could have a terrible row with his lover, but he would never beat her. A push is beating if the other woman is a insensitive virago to her man? Nope.

On the other hand, John Lennon and Ringo Starr admitted that in the past they were occassonally wife-beaters.

This is a song that poor Paul wrote for Heather (his second wife) when he was besotted with her. Only if he knew her better...

*sighs

by Anonymousreply 14608/30/2014

Heather Mills liked to say to her friends about Paul 'His tits are bigger than mine'.

During their divorce hearings, Mills testified that Paul smokes himself into a stupor with weed and is drunk on wine most nights, and said that as they fought when she was pregnant with their daughter Beatrice, he pushed her into a bath tub. Given that she clearly has a personality disorder (and is a pathological liar) none of this may be true, but the weed part sounds true to me.

George Harrison became a paranoid, bad-tempered, right-winger from his forties. He hated 'modern' music and barely left his huge estate in Henley, unless it was to fly to his private estate in Hawaii. He would visit old friends and urge them to take up meditation and live according to Krishna principles, then climb back into his Formula One custom-made sports car and head back to his 300 room home.

Lennon was a cruel, sour, deeply insecure man. The working-class hero schtick and the army jacket he'd wear in public concealed the fact that he had one of the rooms in his Dakota building converted and temperature controlled to house his and Yoko's collection of fur coats.

by Anonymousreply 14708/30/2014

R147, McCartney was a self-admitted pothead. He served time for it in Japan in 1981, as everyone knows.

by Anonymousreply 14808/30/2014

George Harrison was as stubborn as a mule.

by Anonymousreply 14908/30/2014

There's a DL regular who insists George was a womanizing ladies man. Yeah, if he got out of the house more than twice a year I could see it. Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 15008/30/2014

R150, well, in his prime George is said to have been a womanizer.

It is unfair that most people think that John was far superior to Paul. John broke up the band, not Yoko. He used Yoko to leave the Beatles. He couldn't stand being with Paul anymore, he learned what he had to learn from Paul(Paul teached him a lot of things about music) and he wanted to go solo. Paul's love for The Beatles was greater than John's. Paul fought until the end to keep The Beatles together. He wanted the the band to stay united but the other three Beatles were tired of Paul's overshadowing presence. Actually, when the Beatles disbanded, he was the one who took that fact very hard. He took to drinking and was depressed for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 15108/30/2014

George was a womaniser, in the house and out of it. As someone said upthread, he fucked Ronnie Wood's wife, Krissy, at Friar Park (the Henley Estate) during a house party at which Ronnie was present. And he went on holiday with her. He would flirt with Krissy right in front of Pattie and Ronnie, who also slept together. (He had a 1950s attitude to marriage - Pattie was there to cook and look pretty and keep quiet. Visitors would find her silently sewing in the kitchen, in the late 60s and early 70s, or making soup.)

Next up, he fell in love with Maureen, Ringo's wife. Pattie discovered photos of George and Maureen at Friar Park together when she was away. Pattie found them in a locked room on one occasion. Maureen would slip away from Ringo at night, arrive at Friar Park and disappear with George in the recording studio he had built. This went on in front of musicians and sound engineers, and Pattie, though George denied sleeping with Maureen. In january 1974 Harrison told Ringo, with Maureen and Pattie present, 'I'm in love with your wife'. Starr was distraught, muttering 'nothing is real, nothing is real'. Lennon heard of this incident and called it 'incest'.

When George visited the States, he would call his management in advance and tell them to line up some 'quim' - old fashioned slang for pussy.

by Anonymousreply 15208/30/2014

*...hugs R152

Thanks for writing all this interesting stuff. By the way, do you happen to know what happened to George's romance with Maureen? How it ended? Do you also know why Ringo and Maureen got a divorce? Thanks...

by Anonymousreply 15308/30/2014

The George as Womaizer troll is here!

Sure, all of the Beatles banged as many girls as they could when on tour. No kidding.

by Anonymousreply 15408/30/2014

Well, R153, George and Maureen's relationship fizzled out. It was probably fuelled by the amount of alcohol and drugs they were all taking by 1973. Ringo and George made up.

Eric Clapton was waiting in the wings, still fuming with Harrison for stealing his girlfriend, a woman called Charlotte Martin, back in 1968 (whilst married to Pattie). In 1969, George asked Clapton to fuck Pattie, so that he (George) could spend the night with Pattie's sister. At the last minute Harrison lost his nerve, so Clapton slept with Paula, Pattie's sister, instead, but he wanted Pattie.

They started an affair, and after George found them in a garden in 1970, he asked Pattie to leave George. Boyd refused and Clapton 'sank into a druggie depression'. Eventually, she gave in. Harrison told Clapton, 'You want her, you take her, she's yours'. The next year , 74, he met Olivia.

by Anonymousreply 15508/30/2014

Thanks for answering, R155. George could be a real ass. Many people think that George was the coolest guy ever, because he was more silent that John or Paul and because he was in the shadow in comparison with Lennon and McCartney. However, he didn't prove to be kinder than John or Paul. He was monstrous too, and i think he was less romantic than the two of them. He wanted to seem more spiritual, but i doubt he really was. His way of life didn't show that, anyway...

by Anonymousreply 15608/30/2014

Harrison was allegedly serviced by a groupie while he strummed his ukulele (not a metaphor, he was really playing it) in LA in the 90s. Google 'You'll Never Make Love in This Town Again' for the anecdote.

by Anonymousreply 15708/30/2014

R157, Harrison was very psychologically disturbed by his experiences in The Beatles. I think that accounts for some of his extreme behaviours in later life, some of which was drug-fuelled.

He developed a crippling fear of the crowds during the height of Beatle-mania and he feared they would be trampled by a mob, or torn apart. It was traumatic for him, and he hated the experience of touring the States.

Sex and drugs and alcohol provided some respite, and then, his interest in Indian spiritualism. His interest in that was genuine, but his fear of the public continued all his life and his need to shut out the world, living in these huge fortress estates, completely divorced him from reality. He failed to recognise the absurdity of living like a king in his own private kingdom, whilst preaching humility and the simple life (and he was very preachy and self-righteous).

by Anonymousreply 15808/30/2014

Actually, not only Paul's stepdaughter Heather seems like a closet case. Heather, his second wife pings like hell to me.

by Anonymousreply 15908/31/2014
Need more help? Click Here.