Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Teri Shield''s dead?

I watched the "Who do You Think You are?" with Brooke and it wasn't clear.

by Anonymousreply 2111/07/2012

No, but she is in some kind of nursing home.

by Anonymousreply 104/05/2010

Doesn't she have Alzheimer's?

by Anonymousreply 204/05/2010

She's in a home in New Jersey because she has either Alzheimer's or alcoholic dementia. She was a major boozer for many years.

by Anonymousreply 304/05/2010

You can't run from your genes.

by Anonymousreply 404/05/2010

The promos promised a huge surprise for Brooke; what did it end up being?

by Anonymousreply 504/05/2010

I just looked it up and she has some kind of alcohol related dementia. Did anyone see the episode of SwdYTYa? If anyone deserves to know they're a direct descendant of royalty, it's Brooke, she put up with a lot from that mother.

by Anonymousreply 604/05/2010

Teri Shields was apparently a nightmare stage mother when Brooke was young, and she was drunk a lot of the time. Brooke's childhood sounded awful.

by Anonymousreply 704/05/2010

She's rather young to have alcohol induced dementia/alzheimers.

by Anonymousreply 804/05/2010

Was it that she's descended from Charlemagne? *Everyone* is descended from Charlemagne, or Genghis Khan.

by Anonymousreply 904/05/2010

She's in her late 70's, R8.

by Anonymousreply 1004/05/2010

Her parents are the late Francis Alexander Shields, (New York 16 May 1941 - Palm Beach, Florida 27 Apr 2003) who married in 1964 Brooke�s mother Maria Theresia Schmon. Through her father, she�s the granddaughter of Francis Xavier Shields, (a tennis aristocrat) and of the Italian princess Donna Marina Torlonia di Civitella-Cessi, the sister of prince Alessandro Torlonia, the husband of the spanish Infanta Beatrix of Bourbon-Battenberg (the aunt of actual King Juan Carlos I of Spain). Through her grandmother, Brooke Shields can claim descent from Henri IV, King of France, the Emperor Charles V, Lucrezia Borgia, and Honore I, Prince of Monaco, among others. Her great-grandmother, Elsie Moore, was the sister of Glenn Close's grandfather. Her ancestry is traced in William Addams Reitwiesner's monograph, The Lesbian Ancestors of Prince Rainier of Monaco, Dr. Otto von Habsburg, Brooke Shields, and the Marquis de Sade.

by Anonymousreply 1104/05/2010

[quote]Teri Shield's

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1204/05/2010

Are you sure she's not in her late 60's or early 70's at the most?

by Anonymousreply 1304/05/2010

What R12 said. Disgraceful, really.

by Anonymousreply 1404/05/2010

She was born in 1933, so she's 77.

by Anonymousreply 1504/05/2010

A year or so ago Teri left the nursing home with an old friend to have lunch at a local restaurant. Brooke claimed the home was negligent for allowing her mother with dementia to leave the building.

by Anonymousreply 1604/05/2010

I have fond memories of a sketch on the old SCTV show where Rick Moranis was Teri and Catherine O'Hara was Brooke.

by Anonymousreply 1704/05/2010

R16, you have the story wrong. Some reporter from some rag went sniffing around and got her released on a day pass. I guess the reporter posed as a "relative" or "friend" and when Sheilds found out, she flipped out. The home got in trouble and the reporter got fired and I think charges were brought against him.

I never could figure out WHY someone would bother with Brooke's mother, especially in the mental shape that she is in.

by Anonymousreply 1804/05/2010

I thought a reporter from the National Enquirer checked her out and printed a scandalous interview.

by Anonymousreply 1904/05/2010

As I recall, it was a 'reporter' from one of the rags who took her mom out to lunch and Brooke got pissed when she found out.

by Anonymousreply 2004/05/2010

She's dead now. Good riddance. She was a monster who had nude pictures taken of her 19 year old daughter.

In a tv interview with Bill Boggs Teri Shields said that people who accused her of exploiting her child were jealous. She also spoke bluntly about her daughter’s appeal.

“They see total innocence, which is totally there,” she said, as Brooke sat beside her. “And two, they have the sexy child too, they have the sexy person — that appeals to them.”

Mr. Boggs interrupted: “Yeah, it’s the forbidden fruit.”

Teri Shields responded, “Yes, and yet it’s all wrapped up in one, and that is really appetizing.”

A "sexy child?" "An appetizing forbidden fruit?" Oh my GOD. Truly beyond revolting.

by Anonymousreply 2111/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.