Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Julianna Margulies

What do we think of her, DL? I just saw her interviewed on Times Talks on cable.

I always liked her on ER. Haven't seen her new show, but apparently it's quite successful. I'm impressed by anyone who keeps a low profile yet manages two hit TV series, and she was incredibly down-to-earth and real in her interview. Not Hollywood, not fake-modest, just very sincere about being a hard-working actress and a New Yorker. Smart, and not a diva. And she doesn't look 43.

PS: her dad was the ad writer who created "Plop-plop-fizz-fizz" for Alka Seltzer.

by Anonymousreply 15004/04/2015

I think she's one of the most beautiful women on the planet.

I also wish she came off a bit more interesting in interviews. But she does seem grounded, even-keeled.

She walked away from a lot of ER money, but it took balls not to be mastered by that amount. I respect her for that. Im happy she's finding success with her show.

by Anonymousreply 104/04/2010

You're right about the ER money, R1: she says that people were standing in line to tell her how insane she was to leave the show. As it is, she made the right choice and looks like a class act for knowing when to leave. And it sounds like she knew the character was played out (which it was), not that she was leaving to do some big movie or something.

by Anonymousreply 204/04/2010

She is excellent on the Good Wife. Great role and show!

by Anonymousreply 304/04/2010

Personally, I love her. One of my favorite actresses, and yes, incredibly beautiful. Don't know much about her, but agree that she comes off as extremely genuine, both in interviews and in her roles.

by Anonymousreply 404/04/2010

OP,

Julianna Margulies will likely win the Emmy for best actress in a drama series for [italic]The Good Wife[/italic]. She is terrific, as a cheated-upon political wife having returned to work as an attorney, on this freshman CBS series. (Margulies won for best supporting actress, for the debut season as well, for NBC's [italic]ER[/italic], in 1995.)

by Anonymousreply 504/04/2010

We have never approved of her. We have never liked her. Since we feel this way, please refrain from asking about her. It offends us. We feel that she's even more pretentious than the OP.

by Anonymousreply 604/04/2010

R6...Oh Mary, jealous much?

by Anonymousreply 704/04/2010

Straight chick here and I never thought she was pretty. She seems dull and kinda stuck up. I also never liked Nurse Hathaway...

by Anonymousreply 804/04/2010

I started watching ER because of her. I get so fangurly about her. I still have the autograph she sent me when I was a teenager *heart skips a beat*.

by Anonymousreply 904/04/2010

I always confuse her with Kim Delaney. So whenever I see Julianna I think, "Oh there's that old drunk again". Eventually I usually figure it out.

by Anonymousreply 1004/04/2010

I preferred the bitch with polio.

by Anonymousreply 1104/04/2010

Kim Delaney is Irish, R10. Does Julianna Margulies look Irish to you?

by Anonymousreply 1204/04/2010

R12

She could easily pass for Black Irish.

by Anonymousreply 1304/04/2010

Julianna Margulies has a hypnotic effect on me. While watching her show I find myself mimicking all her gestures (especially the ones involving her eyes and eyebrows). She is freaking fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 1404/04/2010

I think she's gotten to be a much better actor since ER. She carries "Good Wife" with a strong performance and she used to annoy the crap out of me on ER.

Also, she's been much-speculated-upon in the "hiding in plain sight" thread as someone who could be a lesbian (though she is married).

When she first hit on ER, I remember hearing she'd been a bartender at a lesbian bar downtown (NYC).

by Anonymousreply 1504/04/2010

Nope she doesn't look Irish to me at all. Doesn't mean I don't always mix those two up.

by Anonymousreply 1604/05/2010

I loved her as Morgaine in "The Mists of Avalon".

by Anonymousreply 1704/05/2010

She's a bit boring as an actress but seems like a nice person. Very pretty and pings off the charts. I say she's gay.

by Anonymousreply 1804/07/2010

She was with the very hot Ron Eldard for many years. I used to envy her so....

by Anonymousreply 1904/07/2010

Her movie career tanked so she crawled back to a TV drama. Just sayin.

by Anonymousreply 2004/07/2010

a couple of years ago I heard her on a radio interview on a very popular NYC morning show. She was promoting Snakes on a Plane and was completely obnoxious. Right off the bat, she corrected the host who pronounced her name as "MAR-gu-lees", interrupting to say "It's pronounced 'mar-GYOO-lees'." Margulies is a fairly common name in NY, and the first pronunciation is perfectly acceptable.

She was a total cold fish during the interview, and they cut it short.

A few years later, when they announced the new fall TV line up with The Good Wife, this same morning show cast all agreed that she was completely unlikeable.

I guess people do like her because she won an Emmy, but from what I could tell of her personality based on that interview, she seems insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 2104/07/2010

Where is that last name from?

Italian?

by Anonymousreply 2204/07/2010

The Good Wife is a good TV show. Last night they did a strange take on the Amanda Knox like story line.

Love the private eye woman on the show, though. Archie Panjabi is her name and she is very close to being portrayed as gay. And Christine Baranski is rock solid as usual.

by Anonymousreply 2304/07/2010

She's Ashkenazi Jew. She left ER to go on tour with Tina Turner as one of her back-up singers.

by Anonymousreply 2404/07/2010

r23, my favorite line last night was when that kid in the locker room asked Kalinda if she the police or campus security and she said no. Then they asked, "Who are you?" and her response was simply, "I'm Kalinda."

So awesome.

Also, apparently, her sexuality is going to become more of an issue as the season wraps.

by Anonymousreply 2504/07/2010

r24, Gloria Ruben, who played Jeannie Boulet, is the one who left ER to go on tour with Tina, not Julianna.

by Anonymousreply 2604/07/2010

Mermaid, I hope they don't chicken out with the sexual orientation of the character but history demonstrates that a popular character will not stay a lesbian long. More than likely she will be bi with one featured affair with a woman and then will turn to men, exclusively. But we can only hope.

As for Baranski's character, all of you do yourselves a favor and watch the episode where she is being offered a judgeship position. There are too many one liners in that one to write. Great TV.

Last night's line other than Mermaid's - 'have you been a bad girl'? lol

by Anonymousreply 2704/07/2010

yes, mermaid, you are right about it being Gloria.

loved her in Canterbory's Law and hate that it got cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 2804/07/2010

I like Julianna but I think it's the rest of the cast that make this show a hit. She's good but Panjabi is better. And so is Baranski. I love the episodes that are centered around Chris Noth.

by Anonymousreply 2904/07/2010

She was always my favorite cast member on ER. She and Clooney had great chemistry and it says alot about her that her character was originally suppose to commit suicide (which she did, but lived)after the first episode. LOVED how she left and Clooney came on to shoot her last scene (and reunited with her for the show's end).

I got into the GOOD WIFE late this season, but it's worth all the hype. Good cast (and they've added Alan Cummings as a full-time cast member, so YEAH!), great writing and I believe, as other posters, that she's got a lock on the Best Actress in a Drama Emmy.

Did anyone see when she won her Golden Globe, she passed Clooney's big movie star table and they gave each other a kiss? Call me a Frau, but it made me smile.

by Anonymousreply 3004/07/2010

She's very smart and has been hilarious in nearly all the interviews I've seen her do. I just tried to find her on the Ruby Wax show in the UK, that was just so funny. But I couldn't find it. Don't suppose anyone has it to upload? A smutty treat?

by Anonymousreply 3104/07/2010

Love her with the straight hair. Never appreciated her beauty until The Good Wife

by Anonymousreply 3204/08/2010

She was on a talk show in the last few months, and told a great story about being a struggling actor, and having to wait tables to make ends meet. She said she worked at a nice restaurant in NYC, and she waited on celebrities fairly often. She told a story about waiting on Julia Roberts, who apparently was a pain in the ass at the time. Years later, she was a successful actor herself and ran into Roberts at some event. They talked, and Juliana reminded her that she was the waitress at the restaurant. Roberts said she remembered, and apologized for being so young, obnoxious, and difficult. It all sounds dumb when I type it, but it was a pretty interesting story on the talk show. She was promoting some small indie film she did, and she came across really well, I thought.

by Anonymousreply 3304/08/2010

Well, I'll tell you this, she has fabulous hair! Other than that, I haven't paid much attention to her after ER.

by Anonymousreply 3404/08/2010

boring

by Anonymousreply 3504/08/2010

Would you rather sleep (ie. "have sex" ) with BIG AKA Chris Noth or man who plays Julianna's boss lawyer who is hot for her again and HOT himself?

by Anonymousreply 3604/08/2010

Funny you would mention that, R36. When I was watching the episode where JM kisses her boss I remember thinking to myself that I wouldn't even glance at Josh Charles if I had Chris Noth waiting at home. There's no contest for me. Chris Noth is smoking hot and only gets better with age.

by Anonymousreply 3704/08/2010

R33, I saw that interview on Letterman, and I agree with you completely.

JM came across as a genuinely nice person, and you could tell Dave really liked her.

by Anonymousreply 3804/08/2010

I agree with R21. If you see old interviews she comes across as completely obnoxious. I think her head was swollen from the ER fame. She's become likeable the last few years, though. I think she's come down to Earth when she saw that her career wasn't going anywhere after ER.

by Anonymousreply 3904/09/2010

She acts very prettily.

by Anonymousreply 4004/09/2010

[quote]She acts very prettily.

Compared to yourself, Meryl, everyone is pretty. (For example: Bea Arthur.)

by Anonymousreply 4104/09/2010

BIG or the boss?

by Anonymousreply 4204/12/2010

I would take Josh Charles' looks over Chris Noth's any day. In real life, though, he's supposedly a prick. Though from what I hear, so is Chris Noth. Lucky Julianna.

by Anonymousreply 4304/12/2010

I've worked with both Julianna and Gloria Ruben on separate projects and found Gloria warm and delightful and Julianna cold and haughty.

And that's a wig Julianna is wearing on The Good Wife.

by Anonymousreply 4404/12/2010

I've heard the same thing from people who worked on the ER set, R44. Julianna is supposedly a primadonna.

by Anonymousreply 4504/12/2010

Do tell us more, R44!

by Anonymousreply 4604/12/2010

bump

by Anonymousreply 4704/16/2010

Thank you for that, R44. I could not understand how she went from very tight curls to long, straight, silky hair. A wig makes perfect sense. It does hang kind of funny.

by Anonymousreply 4804/16/2010

Sometimes you can see the wig lace (net) at her forehead hairline if you look very closely.

Glenn Close wears one on Damages as well. It's not that they have particularly bad hair, it just saves them time sitting in the makeup chair and also is better for their own hair not to be set and curled or straightened every day.

Meryl always wears wigs in films, even when she looks like herself.

by Anonymousreply 4904/16/2010

The wig thing also has to do with the continuity issue. It is easier to keep a wig looking the same over a week of shooting one scene than real hair.

by Anonymousreply 5004/16/2010

I liked her on the Sopranos as the recovering addict who fucks tony and christuphur.

by Anonymousreply 5104/16/2010

Thanks, R44. Love your hair insider knowledge. :)

by Anonymousreply 5204/16/2010

I was just going to say, R51, I think she was the only character on the show to fuck Tony AND Christopher, no? I loved her whole multi-episode arc on THE SOPRANOS.

by Anonymousreply 5304/16/2010

Her character on The Sopranos didn't fuck Tony.

by Anonymousreply 5404/16/2010

I've thought since the show started that her hairline was funky looking. I always loved her hair in her ER days but I haven't so much for The Good Wife and now I know why.

by Anonymousreply 5504/17/2010

Personally, I would chose Noth, R42. But why are they the only choices she has? Can't she decide she wants the investigator?

by Anonymousreply 5604/20/2010

When JM was on the Sopranos there was a blind item to the effect that she was having an affair with Michael Imperioli. Anyone know if it's true? I loved her on that show.

by Anonymousreply 5704/22/2010

Doubt it, r57. Michael and his wife are inseparable.

by Anonymousreply 5804/22/2010

So far it's a tie for BIG / Chris Noth or Josh The Boss Charles for "boyfriend" choice.

Fellas, What do ya think?!

by Anonymousreply 5904/23/2010

I'd rather they get rid of Margulies and have Noth fuck Josh Charles. That would be a great season finale, wouldn't it?

by Anonymousreply 6004/23/2010

It could happen... prison sex and all...

by Anonymousreply 6104/23/2010

What do you think of the Junior partner JM works with at the firm? Smart and sexy or silly and girlie?

by Anonymousreply 6204/24/2010

I never liked her character on ER and her character on that show was supposed to be somebody that EVERYBODY liked. Especially men.

Her fiance Tag left her at the altar after finding out that she didn't love him they way he loved her, that is, completely, totally, truly, madly, deeply, blindingly, eternally.

Ron Eldard played a paramedic named Shep who also worshipped and adored her and wanted to have babies with her.

Doug Ross, who could have had any woman in the world (he was supposed to be that irresistable), finally realized he she was his true love.

And when Luka first appeared on the scene he too fell hard for her charms and was heartbroken when she dropped everything to reunit with Doug Ross.

This was all kind of hard to take because there was nothing, NOTHING, that special or attractive about Carol Hathaway. In fact she frequently behaved like a bitch or an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 6304/24/2010

There is definitely something about her...I know that Renee Zellwegger, but she had more chemistry with JM than any of the male members of the cast in "A Price Above Rubies". I have always been verrrry attracted to Margulies.

by Anonymousreply 6404/24/2010

Good Wife spoiler:

Alicia (JM) will ask Kalinda if she's gay...

by Anonymousreply 6504/24/2010

Her current husband is incredibly attractive.

by Anonymousreply 6604/24/2010

Fuck, he's hot. Good for Julianna. I already liked her before, but now my respect for her (and envy, I suppose) has increased even more.

by Anonymousreply 6704/25/2010

He looks kind of like Fred Savage.

by Anonymousreply 6804/25/2010

Am I the only one who thinks JM's husband has gayface?

by Anonymousreply 6904/25/2010

He's hot but no gayface. Of course, most gay men don't have gay face...

my guess is she has NO REASON to marry a non-celebrity gay male. He can't help her career, and given her track record with men, she doesn't need a beard.

She just happened to marry someone hot. Really hot.

by Anonymousreply 7004/25/2010

My impression is that she has the acting skills of a brick. Her face is too frozen and the makeup on her make her look even more mask-like.

The show is being propped up bu Chris Noth, Josh Charles, and Christine Baranski. Margulies just got lucky, in my opinion. If this show was on NBC it would tank like a stone.

by Anonymousreply 7104/25/2010

I always found it curious that her character's name on ER was so whitebread, considering her gorgeous ethnic Jewish looks.

Carol Hathaway.....I mean, really!

by Anonymousreply 7204/25/2010

Her character was meant to be half-Ukrainian.

by Anonymousreply 7304/25/2010

Maybe gayface was the wrong word, R70. I think babyface would suit him better. He's a bit effeminate. I don't know what it is but there is something off about them. Everytime I see them together it's like watching a woman with her son and I'm not talking about the age difference. It has more to do with his boyish looks and her almost masculine manners.

I agree, R71. She really isn't a great actress but she got lucky. The show is well written and with Noth, Charles and Baranski they couldn't go wrong. The most popular character from this show is Archie Panjabi's.

by Anonymousreply 7404/25/2010

JM definitely pulls her own weight on this show. The others including myself are supporting actors.

by Anonymousreply 7504/25/2010

I agree with R75. JM is great. She has a certain coldness, but it works in this role. She's playing an uptight patrician who is slowly thawed by the people around her. Of course, I think she's a great actress, so perhaps I am biased. I can't imagine her playing a warm, earthy character, but she excels at playing the cheated-on, hard-working, under-appreciated nurse (ER) and the cheated-on, back-in-the-workplace, low-level associate (GW). She's a great actress (for teh parts she plays), she's beautiful, and wig-or-no-wig, she has gorgeous hair.

by Anonymousreply 7604/25/2010

Hot pic of husband. Is he in the business?

by Anonymousreply 7704/26/2010

R77, he's a lawyer. And about 8 years younger than JM.

by Anonymousreply 7804/28/2010

Somebody posted this pic on Lchat. He has gayface for days. This pic is a few years old so my bet is they probably had a PR person help him with his image. He's been looking more "manly" in recent pics.

by Anonymousreply 7904/29/2010

bump

by Anonymousreply 8004/29/2010

He does looks gay, but JM has no reason to fake marry. She said for years she wouldn't marry or have kids.

I think she could be bi, though.

by Anonymousreply 8104/30/2010

She had plenty of reasons for getting into a fake marriage, R81. She might not be out to her parents. Or maybe she really wanted a child but didn't want to be a single mom. And let's not forget that she got married right before she was about to star as leading actress on her own show. I believe all three of these reasons made her get married. I've always thought she was gay but she pings even louder now whenever she's with her husband. They are a very mismatched couple.

by Anonymousreply 8204/30/2010

bump

by Anonymousreply 8305/02/2010

I think he has gayface, too. Maybe ultragayface.

by Anonymousreply 8405/02/2010

bump

by Anonymousreply 8505/11/2010

She's more butch than he is

by Anonymousreply 8605/24/2010

julianna is another kate walsh....gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay...you get the point

by Anonymousreply 8706/07/2010

[quote]And let's not forget that she got married right before she was about to star as leading actress on her own show.

She was *very* pregnant when she got married. Could have had something to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 8806/07/2010

r88, that's interesting

the pictures of her and her husband look like her and her brother

by Anonymousreply 8906/07/2010

Ok, R88. She got *very* pregnant and married because she was about to star in her own show. Or maybe she just wanted a kid. It's not just heterosexuals that want children. But whatever the reason, she's not completely straight.

by Anonymousreply 9006/08/2010

wasn't she a druggie a few years back when she did stage work

by Anonymousreply 9106/08/2010

Seriously, R91? I've never heard anything like that about Julianna. What are the rumors?

by Anonymousreply 9206/08/2010

agreed R92, someone must have slept with her, done drugs with her, been on receiving end or witnessed a tirade

by Anonymousreply 9306/08/2010

Pop Quiz: How many gay people in this pic?

by Anonymousreply 9406/09/2010

bump

by Anonymousreply 9507/08/2010

I want to hear more about Julie and her rug-munching ways.

by Anonymousreply 9601/02/2011

@94: ONE. The dude in the middle. Nixon is a bisexual at most. A bisexual who prefers men just take a look at the, ah, gf.

JM is straight but maybe not completely straight as in a bit bisexual. Perhaps a kinsey 2.

by Anonymousreply 9701/02/2011

@97, so, according to you, Julianna's hubby is gay and Julianna herself is straight? No sense at all.%0D I don't know why but this marriage seems totally fishy to me.

by Anonymousreply 9802/03/2011

If you pay close attention to the filming of her show, they use an enormous amount of lighting on her. She must be very difficult to film.

by Anonymousreply 9902/03/2011

R97, it's really funny that you label Nixon as a bisexual when she herself has said that she is gay. I believe she would know better. This bashing of butch women is a bit mean. It doesn't matter what her gf looks like. She's still a woman.%0D %0D And like R98 said, you picked out Julianna's hubby as gay.

by Anonymousreply 10002/03/2011

I don't understand what he does for a living. Her interviews make it pretty clear that he doesn't work as a lawyer anymore, but he's not "in the business" either. Is he just a house husband now??

by Anonymousreply 10102/03/2011

She was a b*tch in the ER days, so I do hope perhaps she has mellowed out and become more appreciative of what she's got. I was earning my union card, and she made it very clear to the assistant directors she did not want any extras or 'lesser' actors around her (I had merely walked over and introduced myself as I was very excited to be working; I didn't know who she was at the time; I don't know many people did. Her reaction was a sigh, an eye roll, and walking away from me). Clooney, Edwards and the rest, on the other hand, were awesome to everyone. Someone close to me who was on the production team also relayed that she was the only 'star' (once she became one) who did NOT receive a farewell party when she left the series.

by Anonymousreply 10212/12/2011

I don't understand Julianne Margulies landing the major face cream commercial on TV when she looks rather old in the face, is not particularly attractive, and looks to be tending toward the decrepit as she ages.

Why she would be chosen for this face cream commercial on TV is a huge mystery.

The face cream people must think she is a good example of being 'well-preserved' for her age, but I disagree.

She looks rather harsh with the hair that is too dark, the wigs she wears at times, the very pale ultra-white skin, and all the fine lines in the face.

Just because she is super slender and wears a size 2 dress, it doesn't mean she should be used as a face cream model in a commercial.

by Anonymousreply 10312/12/2011

Seriamente?

by Anonymousreply 10712/12/2011

Ellen should not be selling face cream nor should Julianne.

Nor should Annie Hall whatshername.

by Anonymousreply 10812/12/2011

Ellen is the cosmetic "face" for ordinary-looking women who want to make the most of what they have. Message: You don't have to be a glamour queen to put on a little tinted moisturizer and lip gloss.

by Anonymousreply 11012/12/2011

R102, interesting.

I'm sure that extras have the best stories because they see the actors right up close and get to interact with them in all sorts of interesting ways.

by Anonymousreply 11112/12/2011

Does anyone think that the rumor is true that she and Sarah Paulson got it on? It was a huge rumor last year and it started out as one of the most obvious blind items I have ever read.

by Anonymousreply 11212/12/2011

Bitch or not, I think she's gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 11312/12/2011

I've always found her to be boring and bland.

by Anonymousreply 11412/12/2011

r102, but she sent me an autograph back in 2001. How could it be?

by Anonymousreply 11512/12/2011

R112 Yes I believe that both Sarah Paulson and Margulies got it on. I think that was the catalyst to the demise of her relationship with partner Cherry Jones. Paulson is not a nice person.

by Anonymousreply 11712/14/2011

R101, what did she say about her husband not working as a lawyer anymore?

by Anonymousreply 11802/14/2012

I worked on CUPID, R117, and yes, Paulson was a bitch on that set.

by Anonymousreply 11902/14/2012

R119

Go on ahead and spill yourself some tea, honey! Go on! You know you want to.

by Anonymousreply 12002/14/2012

Heh, R120. Bobby Cannavale was a sweetheart and Sarah Paulson was a cunt. There. I said it.

I've also worked on THE GOOD WIFE. Margulies is a mixed bag on set. Sometimes fine, sometimes a whiny bitch. Archie Punjabi is lovely and very nice. Christine Baranski is very funny. So is Alan Cumming. Josh whatsisname is cool, too.

by Anonymousreply 12102/14/2012

Totally o/t - C. Baranski is the BOMB! Did you know she appeared on an episode of the Brady Bunch when she was a teen?

by Anonymousreply 12202/14/2012

That wasn't her, R122. She even went on a talk show recently and addressed that. She said that people have thought that she had appeared on the Brady Bunch for years but it wasn't her. It was just a girl that looked like her.

by Anonymousreply 12302/14/2012

Blind item about her having an affair with Michael Imperioli while they were on the Sopranos- true or not?

by Anonymousreply 12403/05/2012

[quote] Margulies is a mixed bag on set. Sometimes fine, sometimes a whiny bitch.

She was like that on ER too.

by Anonymousreply 12503/05/2012

Christine Baranski is married to a dude named 'Billy Clyde'

What kind of name is that?

by Anonymousreply 12603/05/2012

There were rumours about her being gay. Can anyone confirm it?

by Anonymousreply 12703/05/2012

Sarah Paulson can R127

by Anonymousreply 12803/05/2012

I think it's fascinating that high profile TV stars can lead these double lives.

They're gay or bi and they have lovers on the side and millions of dollars to keep their lovers in apartments or condos.

It must be nice.

Think about it -- one hit TV series and you rake in kazillions or at least enough to set you for life and then four years later another network throws more money at you to do it all again.

I have no idea if this is true about JM; I did meet her once and she was incredibly nice; she seemed kind.

by Anonymousreply 12903/05/2012

Watching her and Kyra Sedgwick on Stern on youtube promoting their lesbian film. At the 'are you bi' question Kyra says she could see herself swing the other way and Julianna says she finds the whole thing interesting. Is that code for 'I'm a big pussy eater' in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 13005/22/2013

Lots of rumors, R121, that Kalinda and Alicia won't ever resume their close friendship on The Good Wife because Julianna turned on Archie (jealousy?) and convinced her fellow producers to keep their characters at an arm's distance. Julianna has given several interviews where she says a woman would never forgive a friend for not revealing a prior relationship with the other woman's husband.

Having worked on The Good Wive, do you know if there's any truth to this? Tension between the ladies?

by Anonymousreply 13105/22/2013

The last season of the good wife was excellent.

by Anonymousreply 13205/22/2013

[quote] PS: her dad was the ad writer who created "Plop-plop-fizz-fizz" for Alka Seltzer.

That ad campaign originated at Tinker & Partners and is described in Mary Wells Lawrence's autobiographical, "A Big Life in Advertising" (Lawrence's career appears partly a source for the 'Mad Men' character Peggy Olson). It's described elsewhere as well. Paul Margulies was part of the team that devised the campaign.

See last paragraph at link:

by Anonymousreply 13305/22/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 13405/24/2013

Is it true that JM and Clooney enjoyed spending most lunch hours on ER away from the cast and crew?

by Anonymousreply 13505/24/2013

Here's a recent pic of Julianna, her husband and son

Her husband is smoking hot

by Anonymousreply 13608/22/2013

The Good Wife is the first I've seen of Julianna Margulies. I hate all medical shows so I was not an ER watcher.

I like The Good Wife. I even went back and watched the first couple of seasons because I didn't start tuning in until later. She's a bit cold but I like that for the character, whether or not she's like that in her private life.

For me, the supporting cast really makes that show. I like Margulies but without Noth, Baranski, Charles, Panjabi and Cumming - I don't think it would hold my attention.

Cumming's fantastic and Noth is still a hot daddy.

by Anonymousreply 13708/22/2013

OMG -- the husband! He's gayer than Gay Gayerson.

by Anonymousreply 13804/02/2014

I always hated how they tried to portray her character on ER as being so wonderful. "Carol Hathway" seemed pretty fucked up to me. I guess that's why she and Doug Ross clicked. They were both really fucked up people. I hated the "happy ending" ER ended up giving those two. It would have been more interesting if they'd had one of them die, or marry somebody else, or SOMETHING. Nothing is more boring than the proverbial romantic "and they all lived happily ever after" ending.

by Anonymousreply 13904/02/2014

[QUOTE]she doesn't look 43.

Because she's not. She's 47.

by Anonymousreply 14004/02/2014

She looks her age or slightly younger. Archie looks much younger.

by Anonymousreply 14104/02/2014

she supposedly was kind of a diva back on ER. I had a friend who worked on the show and she lived in fear of angering Julianna.

by Anonymousreply 14204/02/2014

In old interviews she came off as bitchy. But damn I loved those early years of ER. I'm glad Carol and Doug got the happy ending, Greene's demise was sad enough.

by Anonymousreply 14304/02/2014

She used to have magnificent eyebrows on ER but has since thinned them out like everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 14404/02/2014

I love her. As far as not looking 43, she used to do commercials for Botox.

by Anonymousreply 14504/02/2014

I love her, too. She makes anything she's in better.

by Anonymousreply 14604/02/2014

She seems like one of those people who is both (1) interesting and fun to hang out with if you know her, and (2) sometimes a complete bitch.

by Anonymousreply 14704/02/2014

I don't think she pings, but the husband does. No way he is straight. Which leads to the question of why she would marry a gay man.

Even if she wanted to have a kid, there are plenty of straight (and rich, in NYC) men who would go for an actress.

by Anonymousreply 14804/08/2014

I couldn't tell if the husband pings without hearing him speak, but it would be no shocker to find out he's gay. He's positively Bomerescent.

I thought Carol was gay on ER. I was surprised she never broke up with Doug because she secretly was in love with Susan. Or maybe Haleh. So it wouldn't knock me over to discover Julianna prefers the ladies. If they're both straight, lucky her, getting to chow down on that any time she wants.

by Anonymousreply 14904/08/2014

Her husband is fucking sexy

by Anonymousreply 15004/04/2015
Need more help? Click Here.