Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Annual DL "Ten Commandments" Thread

It's that time of year again!

On ABC tonight, 7:00 PM EST.

Hotties Yul Brynner, Charlton Heston and John Derek!

Also starring the campy Anne Baxter as Neferteri!

by Anonymousreply 15204/19/2014

The confrontation between Anne Baxter and Yvonne de Carlo is not to be missed.

by Anonymousreply 104/03/2010

When does it occur, R1? I forget.

by Anonymousreply 204/03/2010

I love the bit where Baxter's Nefertiri puts paid to Judith Anderson and her proof about Moses.

by Anonymousreply 304/03/2010

I prefer the scenes with Anne Baxter and Yul Brynner.

by Anonymousreply 404/03/2010

Saw Anne Baxter in APPLAUSE right after Bacall left the Broadway production to head the tour and London company. Baxter was every bit as good as Bacall was on stage. And it was trippy to see the original 'Eve' elevated to the role of 'Margo.'

by Anonymousreply 504/03/2010

Personally, I love Mel Brooks

by Anonymousreply 604/03/2010

So It Shall Be Written, So It Shall Be Done

by Anonymousreply 704/03/2010

Moses, you would make a beggar of a queen?

by Anonymousreply 804/03/2010

I wonder if the surprise anal scene will get past the censors.

by Anonymousreply 904/03/2010

What will they do with all the nude scenes? Pixillate, or cut? I remember seeing this in the theater, and being amazed at the scene where he raises his "rod" to part the Red Sea. Moses, Moses, Moses!!

by Anonymousreply 1004/03/2010

John Derek getting whipped in his loincloth is not a bad scene either.

by Anonymousreply 1104/03/2010

Some friends and I have an annual TC party. We eat pot brownies and then do a shot of tequila everytime any character says, "Moses, MOses." Let me tell you, by the middle of the film, you're really fucked up!

Great fun

by Anonymousreply 1304/03/2010

Ever since I saw the nude photos of Yul Brynner's big uncut cock and balls, I can't watch this movie without thinking of them.

Anyone else in the same situation?

by Anonymousreply 1404/03/2010

Don't forget Jon Peters, Barbra's ex and now bigshot, Hollywood producer, as the little boy with the blind old man during the Exodus scene.

by Anonymousreply 1504/03/2010

Yvonne De Caro as Mrs. Moses. Then there's the fabulous orgy scene - not with Mrs. Moses, of course. Is this the gayest Swords & Sandals movie ever made?

by Anonymousreply 1604/03/2010

Yvonne DeCarlo died not too long ago, as did Nina Foch.

I think only Debra Paget is left now.

by Anonymousreply 1704/03/2010

Anne Baxter got the lifetime Oscar for scenery chewing for this role.

by Anonymousreply 1804/03/2010

Awesome R6! I prefer the Mel Brooks Moses too!

by Anonymousreply 1904/03/2010

I like the scene where Yul Brynner tells Anne Baxter that whether or not she enjoys being with him will be up to her, but that he predicts she will.

by Anonymousreply 2004/03/2010

Starting now!

by Anonymousreply 2104/03/2010

Who's your Moses NOOOWWWWWW?

by Anonymousreply 2204/03/2010

Starting now on the east coast maybe, but it's still sunny and 4:10 here pacific time.

by Anonymousreply 2304/03/2010

Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!

Oh, wait... Oops wrong movie.

by Anonymousreply 2404/03/2010

Most decisive emasculation in movie history: "You couldn't even kill him!"

(Sword drops to the floor with a clang...)

by Anonymousreply 2504/03/2010

Charlton Heston and John Derek are on right now talking to each other, shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 2604/03/2010

[quote] I suspect Vincent Price enjoyed that. I've always suspected he was a closet queen

Oh honey, he was just a queen. No closet was ever involved.

by Anonymousreply 2704/03/2010

Vincent certainly has a queeny voice and mannerisms. But he was supposedly straight since he was married to women.

by Anonymousreply 2804/03/2010

[quote] Vincent certainly has a queeny voice and mannerisms. But he was supposedly straight since he was married to women.

They used to call Vinnie "The Queen of the Sunset Strip" in his day.

by Anonymousreply 2904/03/2010

R18, she should have.

Amid all that stiff bloated "biblical" acting by everyone who gets caught up in Heston's ridiculous way of speaking, Baxter not only makes it watchable, she acts like she's about to orgasm every time she says "Moses."

I yawn through all of it until she comes on screen.

by Anonymousreply 3004/03/2010

I'm confused. Moses was an Egyptian?

by Anonymousreply 3104/03/2010

Did Anne Baxter wear a wig in this movie? Her hair always looked really fake.

by Anonymousreply 3204/03/2010

Miss Baxter camping it up to high heaven is movie gold. Chuck, of course, takes himself way too seriously, which makes his scenes equally hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 3304/03/2010

I love how the old woman who is almost crushed by the stone while greasing it, grabs Moses' arms with all the lust of a twinky boi grabbing a hot daddy top's guns. Woof!

Get on him, girl!

by Anonymousreply 3404/03/2010

Yul Brenner was superb as the villain in this film. Yep, 1956 was Yul Brenner's year.

by Anonymousreply 3504/03/2010

DeMille's circus film The Greatest Show on Earth won the Best Film Oscar in 1952 because, although it was admittedly inferior, Hollywood figured it would be his swan song.

Little did they they know he would top his career 4 years later with The Ten Commandments, though I guess by then they were over him because the film only won a handful of technical awards even though it was a huge popular hit.

by Anonymousreply 3604/03/2010

Anne Baxter should've won Best Actress or at least been nominated.

by Anonymousreply 3704/03/2010

Both Brenner an Heston with bare chests!

Slightly torrid!

by Anonymousreply 3804/03/2010

Heston is being banished to Phoenix now by Brenner.

by Anonymousreply 3904/03/2010

They had gold lamee back in those days?

by Anonymousreply 4004/03/2010

Was this the film where the other actors made a pact to play their characters as gay but didn't tell Charlton Heston?

by Anonymousreply 4104/03/2010

"Better to die in battle with a god than to live in shame." You tell 'em, Yul!

by Anonymousreply 4204/03/2010

Yul Brynner had an ugly peen.

by Anonymousreply 4304/03/2010

He had a big, beautiful uncut cock, you mean

by Anonymousreply 4404/04/2010

That was "Ben-Hur", R41

by Anonymousreply 4504/04/2010

My god what a slow, dull, pompous movie this is. Yul Brynner is the only good thing about it.

by Anonymousreply 4604/04/2010

Naked photo of Yul:

by Anonymousreply 4704/04/2010

Won, R37? Nah. Ingrid deserved it. One of the greatest screen legends punished for "morality" by Hollywood, no less, in a great performance.

I'll give you that there was arguably room for her over the BAD SEED crew in Best Actress and Supporting Actress, but this was a pretty cheesy year considering GIANT and AROUND THE WORLD IN EIGHTY DAYS were nominees with TEN COMMANDMENTS (Around the World won). But let's not forget Yul won that year being in Anastasia and The King and I, as well as Ten Commandments. Now he deserved to win.

And if someone got robbed, I think it was Marilyn Monroe for BUS STOP.

Besides, Anne already had one for THE RAZOR'S EDGE. If she was robbed it was for ALL ABOUT EVE -- truly evil -- but a split vote was guaranteed when Anne refused to be bumped to Supporting Actress and ... well .... Judy Holliday got it over Bette and Anne, both more deserving.

They couldn't exactly reward her for that with a nom for TEN COMMANDMENTS, now could they?

by Anonymousreply 4804/04/2010

"Yul won that year being in Anastasia and The King and I"

Yul won Best Actor for "The King and I", not "Anastasia".

by Anonymousreply 4904/04/2010

"Oh Moses, You Stubborn, Splendid, Adorable Fool!"

by Anonymousreply 5004/04/2010

Anyone know whether Yul Brynner was ever with a man?

by Anonymousreply 5104/04/2010

"You will be king of Egypt and I will be your footstool!"

by Anonymousreply 5204/04/2010

Is it still playing on the West Coast?

by Anonymousreply 5304/04/2010

"And Moses took God's rod in his hand."

by Anonymousreply 5404/04/2010

Sorry, the orgy scenes look like a good time. Then Moses comes down and is a total killjoy.

by Anonymousreply 5504/04/2010

Anyone else like Yul's nice, dark bush?

by Anonymousreply 5604/04/2010

I always wondered who else was up for Nefretiri. I can't think of any other 50s actresses who could have played the part. I think Audrey Hepburn was considered, but I wonder who else.

by Anonymousreply 5704/04/2010

Audrey Hepburn as Nefretiri? Are you nuts???

Liz Taylor was the obvious choice with Ava Gardner, an older and lustier second option.

Or even Susan Hayward who was very much into the Anne Baxter School of Melodramatics.

by Anonymousreply 5804/04/2010

I'm just glad Anne Baxter got it. She played the hell out of it.

by Anonymousreply 5904/04/2010

As opposed to say, a woman of color, R58?

by Anonymousreply 6004/04/2010

Calm down, R58, I'm not saying I thought Audrey Hepburn was right for the part, I'm saying she was considered for the role. I read it somewhere and forgive me for not having the footnote reference handy.

People overreact on here to the littlest things.

R60 as nice as that idea is, we're talking Cecil b. DeMille in 1956, it wasn't going to happen. Not with all of those love scenes. Dorothy Dandridge had done CARMEN JONES in 1954, but after that, doors didn't really open wide for her. No studio would have seriously considered any woman of color for the love interest in their huge expensive epic, even if it had been historically accurate. She was brunette, that's as exotic as it was going to get.

by Anonymousreply 6104/04/2010

R49, we all know that, but he was in three major films that year. Go back and read the coverage of the year. Yul was favored for THE KING AND I because of the work he turned in for all three films.

by Anonymousreply 6204/04/2010

Looks great in HD! Love the scene where Anne Baxter says...."Moses, Moses, you adorable, splendid, stubbord fool".

by Anonymousreply 6304/04/2010

"Anyone know whether Yul Brynner was ever with a man?"

I never heard of him with men, but he did get around. He fucked two major gay icons: Judy Garland and Marlene Dietrich. Dietrich was much older than him; she got really mad when he ended the affair. In later years, when she saw a photo of him looking stricken and ill from lung cancer she said "Good! Serves him right!" Dietrich had the mentality of a not too bright, particularly immature child.

by Anonymousreply 6504/04/2010

Great post, R57/61 and I totally agree about people on this site going ballistic over the most insignificant of shit (but that's DL).

[quote]No studio would have seriously considered any woman of color for the love interest in their huge expensive epic

Sadly, a few exceptions notwithstanding, things are not that different in 2010.

by Anonymousreply 6604/04/2010

Anne did wear a wig, but she does look good in it.

by Anonymousreply 6704/04/2010

R65, or he was THAT good.

by Anonymousreply 6804/04/2010

This movie has one of my favorite nutty movie lines: "His God [bold]is[/bold] God."

by Anonymousreply 6904/04/2010

R28, the woman that Vincent Price was married to was Vera Charles, literally! How could he possibly be straight?

by Anonymousreply 7004/04/2010

Go then, while I hear what this puckered old persimmon has to say!

by Anonymousreply 7104/04/2010

"And they made their lives bitter with hard bondage..."

Tee-hee.

by Anonymousreply 7204/04/2010

"Audrey Hepburn as Nefretiri? Are you nuts???"

Dear, if you bother to listen to the DVD commentary for the film, or read DeMille's own notes, you would know that Audrey Hepburn was his first choice for the role, but he changed his mind when he realized she didn't have a voluptuous enough figure to wear the costumes.

by Anonymousreply 7304/04/2010

In other words, R73, not only did he want to fuck up the actual race of the Egyptians, but also make us believe they were voluptuous.

Hepburn would've at least made more sense with her frame.

by Anonymousreply 7404/04/2010

What about Katharine Hepburn as Nefretiri?

by Anonymousreply 7504/04/2010

Thanks R73. I knew I heard it somewhere. Hepburn's face would have looked better with that pseudo Egyptian eye makeup too. But the thought of her reciting those lines is pretty hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 7604/04/2010

I loved Yul Brynner in this movie. I loved him period, but he owned the TC. "Take your people and go!" He played Rameses as a very sympathetic character, IMO. I saw a lot of crap because of Yul Brynner. "Westworld" anyone?

by Anonymousreply 7704/04/2010

Anne Baxter: "Moses, Moses..." (swiveling flat-assed hips and trying to make her Woolworth-lunch-counter voice sound sultry)

by Anonymousreply 7804/04/2010

R77, I think one of his best scenes is when he tells Anne Baxter, "I will treat you as I would my dog or my horse, except I will love you more and trust you less."

And then says "Whether or not you enjoy it is your own affair, but I think you will".

by Anonymousreply 7904/04/2010

" As old-fashioned hokum, it's palatable and rather tasty."

by Anonymousreply 8004/04/2010

It's a funny thing with me and "The Ten Commandments": every year it comes on I always say I'll only watch a few minutes of it, then change the channel to something else (because I've only seen it a gazillion times) but then end up watching the whole damn thing all over again.

by Anonymousreply 8104/04/2010

As a child watching TCC I was always in awe of the acting and the majesty of the whole production. Now a half century later when I watch it I actually start laughing at how bad much of the acting really is. Some of the movements of many of the cast remind me of amateurish one act plays in high school. And I love those scenes where some actor walks out of the scene right past the camera. It's comical!!!

Also I had forgotten about the scene when Moses got in Baka's shit when he was going to allow them to squash the old woman under the stone. As Moses walks off he slings the white handcloth back at Baka (Vincent Price) and he clearly didn't expect it and the cloth just falls to the ground while Baka looks down at it. I'm still surprised they left that in the scene.

But I agree that Heston's voice got more and more ludicrous as the movie went on. By the time he came down from the mountain with the tablets he was a laugh riot every time he opened his mouth.

But I will say that back in the day, Charlton Heston (even though he was a vile republican pig) had the most magnificent hairy titties around. I could have suckled him for days on end while he whispered nasty biblical things in my ear.

And wasn't Dathan (Edward G. Robinson) just the biggest sissy on the planet especially after he was given all his power and riches by Rameses. That scene with him whining about the color of the lilly blossom in his slave's hair was over the top.

by Anonymousreply 8204/04/2010

"I saw a lot of crap because of Yul Brynner. "Westworld" anyone?"

I love Westworld, it's just so totally off the wall. James Brolin never looked better and Richard Benjamin was at his goofy best. Premium cheesefest.

Okay, back to topic!

by Anonymousreply 8304/04/2010

TCC?! Are you nuts?

by Anonymousreply 8404/04/2010

"But I will say that back in the day, Charlton Heston (even though he was a vile republican pig) had the most magnificent hairy titties around."

In the sixties he marched for civil rights. He opposed the Vietnam War. After the assassination of Kennedy he and other actors issued a statement calling for support of President Johnson's Gun Control Act of 1968.

I think his hard-line Republican views in his later years were the result of Alzheimer's. He certainly sounded confused and strange when spoke on issues dear to Republican's hearts.

His voice and body were magnificent. If his speech was exaggerated in TTC, it was probably because he was portraying MOSES, a biblical character, larger than life, "chosen by God." What was he supposed to sound like, a regular guy?

by Anonymousreply 8504/04/2010

DeMille was considering Allison Hayes for the role of Moses' wife - eventually played by Yvonne DeCarlo.

Hayes was at the studio for a look see, and her agent didn't mention she was under contract to Universal-International. When DeMille found out he would have to pay U-I a premium to borrow her, he threw her and her agent off the lot.

In the future for Allison - Attack of the 50 Foot Woman.

Here she is in her North Hollywood home in 1955

by Anonymousreply 8604/04/2010

Exactly, R85. I think it's terrible to call him a vile Republican pig. In those days he was very progressive and there are lots of photos of him marching with the black leaders, something a lot of actors didn't do except for Marlon Brando and Charlton Heston.

Just because he became a gun nut later in life doesn't mean we should overlook his positive attributes.

by Anonymousreply 8704/04/2010

There is a funny clip of him on youtube publicizing TTC as the Mystery Guest on What's My Line? He comes off as a rather pompous bore but is jaw-droppingly handsome even with all his clothes on.

Can someone please post it? TIA.

by Anonymousreply 8804/05/2010

This always bugs the crap outta me, at EASTER TIME.

by Anonymousreply 8904/05/2010

I heard an interview with Debbie Reynolds on a gay podcast and Heston came up in the conversation. She said she disagreed with him on a lot of political things but she was absolutely certain that he was not antigay. She did admit he wasn't out there marching with Harvey Milk but that he had plenty of gay friends and that she thought he had indeed participated in some pro gay political activity.

When the host pointed out his NRA activities, she just said she wasn't aware that gays hated guns, but she said he did become much more conservative late in life.

by Anonymousreply 9004/05/2010

R85/R87: Exactly. He also had a black love interest in "Omega Man". Something a white male actor of his stature wasn't willing to do back then (or even now unless it is a comedy).

by Anonymousreply 9104/05/2010

Giulietta Massina should have won for "La Strada"

by Anonymousreply 9204/05/2010

And he and Vanessa Redgrave happily costarred on a play in LA though my addled brain can't remember which play it was....maybe Antony & Cleopatra or A Man for All seasons....or something?

by Anonymousreply 9304/05/2010

"Anne Baxter should've won Best Actress or at least been nominated."

You're joking right? Her performance is as fake as her early scenes in All About Eve.

And it was all downhill from there...

by Anonymousreply 9404/06/2010

"There is a funny clip of him on youtube publicizing TTC as the Mystery Guest on What's My Line? He comes off as a rather pompous bore but is jaw-droppingly handsome even with all his clothes on."

Is he wearing his toupee in that clip?

by Anonymousreply 9504/06/2010

Actually his appearance on WML was in 1956 and therefore long before his need to wear a toupee. He was a major hottie then and a pleasure to see all dolled up in a suit instead of the Biblical robes and tunics that were so often his costume. Not that the occasional loincloth didn't hurt my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 9604/06/2010

Anne Baxter's HORRIBLE performance here is something people could blame on De Mille's outmoded, stagy direction and obvious line readings. But she acted like this in every movie she appeared in.

by Anonymousreply 9704/06/2010

De Mille was a freeper cunt who supported the blacklist

by Anonymousreply 9804/06/2010

It's a great movie! It's like, you think you're going to watch part of it, because it's long, then you end up watching all of it! And like, when you think you've seen something great, then you seen it so many times. Like, as Anne Baxter say, "You're stubbornly foolish not to watch it!"

by Anonymousreply 9904/06/2010

Elizabeth on WMY is funnier.

by Anonymousreply 10004/06/2010

Hotness!

by Anonymousreply 10104/08/2010

I wish there was a sex video of Yul Brynner.

by Anonymousreply 10204/09/2010

"De Mille was a freeper cunt who supported the blacklist"

He was the exact opposite, idiot. He cast Edward G. Robinson in this movie even though he had been blacklisted because he said it was wrong for him not to be given work as a result of his political beliefs. Robinson said DeMille saved his career.

by Anonymousreply 10304/09/2010

Does anyone know why ABC still shows it? The ratings have to be lower than the Oscars for the movie. Are they in some lifelong contract or something?

by Anonymousreply 10404/09/2010

My sister was watching it with my nephew, who has a very dry sense of humor and sense for le mot juste. The pharoah's wife was bitching him out for letting the Hebrews get away and my nephew said to my sister, "He ought to cut a bitch."

by Anonymousreply 10504/09/2010

"The ratings have to be lower than the Oscars for the movie."

What are you talking about, R104? The Oscars get huge ratings, so if The Ten Commandments' ratings aren't as high, it's only to be expected.

You don't sound like the brightest bulb, dear.

by Anonymousreply 10604/10/2010

Oh god, R106, really? I'm just asking a question and from what I've heard the Oscar ratings have been dropping for years, so whatever. Insult me all you want if it makes you feel like a better person.

by Anonymousreply 10704/10/2010

The problem with you, R107, is that you "just ask a question" with a condescending attitude as if your knowledge of "ratings" is actually a measure of anything.

If you've been paying attention to "ratings," you might notice that ABC, like all the networks, have stopped programming Saturday nights, when this was shown. They only show repeats anyway.

ABC did pay for long-term rights long ago to this -- which means they had to pay virtually NOTHING to air it -- just like they did when they bought Sound of Music, because those two films were considered "event" viewing for decades for people who attach sentimental value to it for holiday viewing. My parents own the Sound of Music DVD but still stop to watch it when it's on TV. Go figure.

And did you notice that DL, populated by people like you who think they're purveyor's of what's hot, are still talking about "this movie" more than 60 years after it was made?

Do you see why it was considered more than fine to air it over a rerun of a TV show people weren't watching anyway?

by Anonymousreply 10804/10/2010

I guess R104 didn't read all the articles last week that pointed out that millions of people watch this movie every Easter. It's an annual tradition. It gets big ratings.

by Anonymousreply 10904/10/2010

Actually I'm a fan of the film and have been for years (been posting on the thread for awhile) I'm just surprised it's still so popular and trust me R108, I don't consider myself a purveyor of what's hot. I didn't mean to condescend and I guess I should have phrased more carefully so I wouldn't be misunderstood. And I didn't see the articles, R109.

by Anonymousreply 11004/10/2010

My all-time favorite historical camp film--nothing like Baxter, Brynner, Heston, et al flailing around in the desert. The person who wrote about getting high to see the film made me laugh. First I saw "The Ten Commandments" was many, many years ago in high school. Hash, beer, and pretzels. I almost fell off the couch laughing. My old friend still does an amazing imitation of Baxter when he's had a few drinks.

"Mooooosssessss...."

by Anonymousreply 11104/10/2010

Here we go again.

by Anonymousreply 11303/30/2013

MOSES, YOU MAD, IMPETUOUS, WONDERFUL FOOL!

by Anonymousreply 11403/30/2013

Death cometh to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, to seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet me fuhreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

by Anonymousreply 11503/30/2013

If only someone had told DeMille it was not a silent picture and the actors didnt need to do all the exaggerated gestures like eye rolling and hand to the throat.

by Anonymousreply 11603/30/2013

This is the first time I have seen it in HD and the sets and costumes are spectacular. The pagan orgy and the dancing with the golden idol is my favorite scene. That and the plagues that befall the Pharoah and Egypt. Good campy fun.

by Anonymousreply 11703/30/2013

I can't believe this is still a network event.

by Anonymousreply 11803/30/2013

This film is complete and total cheese.

by Anonymousreply 11903/30/2013

The "special" effects in this film makes Logan's Run look like Star Wars.

by Anonymousreply 12003/30/2013

[quote] I can't believe this is still a network event.

The only reason it remains one is that ABC had loads of complaints the one year they decided to stop airing the film. So they brought it back.

by Anonymousreply 12103/30/2013

Why didn't Anne Baxter win the Oscar?

by Anonymousreply 12203/30/2013

It is kind of funny looking at Anne Baxter's costumes. They are all light and diaphanous, but underneath, nothing moves. Her tits are like two ridged cones, always pointing forward, her ass is hard as a granite block, never shaking. They must have had a full rubber body suit and two traffic cones under there.

by Anonymousreply 12303/30/2013

Why the hell is it on Saturday??

I was expecting it tomorrow!!

Moses has just been cast out!

by Anonymousreply 12403/30/2013

Where/when is it on? My ABC affiliate is showing basketball.

by Anonymousreply 12503/30/2013

ABC.

The basketball is on CBS.

Unless you are talking about pro basketball.

by Anonymousreply 12603/30/2013

So Ishmael was the little boy with his mom that were sent away on the orders of that selfish bitch Sarah?

I did see that part of that dumb Bible mini series.

He founded Islam, then?

by Anonymousreply 12703/30/2013

In VistaVision Motion Picture High Fidelity!

by Anonymousreply 12803/30/2013

How could anyone want to worship such a horrible, cruel god? A god that would destroy innocent children just to make a point? If their god was a just god, why didn't it just kill Ramses instead of the children?

by Anonymousreply 12903/30/2013

R129 Wait til he trows down his commandments. Or as I call them, The Two Commandments, One Suggestion and Seven Cries for Attention.

by Anonymousreply 13103/30/2013

You made me LOL, R131

by Anonymousreply 13203/30/2013

I loved Anne Baxter...the make-up, hair, clothes, and sexy voice. OMG, just Heavenly!

by Anonymousreply 13303/31/2013

I'm not terribly familiar with your religion, but as I understand it, Passover is the celebration of a cruel, vindictive god massacring innocent children who had done nothing wrong to prove that he is all-powerful? How is that something be proud of? This Passover thing is something that you should be ashamed of.

by Anonymousreply 13403/31/2013

[quote]MOSES, YOU MAD, IMPETUOUS, WONDERFUL FOOL!

Ah, no....it's "Moses, Moses, you adorable, stubborn fool"

by Anonymousreply 13503/31/2013

Watching the movie and its thundering outside. Time to eat jelly beans by the handful!

by Anonymousreply 13603/31/2013

What is that fabric Neferitiri/Anne is wearing? Lame or bias cut satin?

by Anonymousreply 13703/31/2013

M'yeah, M'yeah Where's yer god now Moses?

by Anonymousreply 13803/31/2013

R124 It's old testament. Tomorrow we get "It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown."

by Anonymousreply 13903/31/2013

R114/135

Your're both wrong. It's

Oh Moses, Moses, you stubborn, splendid, adorable fool!

by Anonymousreply 14003/31/2013

Anne Baxter gives a true drag queen performance.And yes, she was always that bad. Yul steals the film. Billy Crystal did a whole bit on Yul's walk, his junk was so massive.I think Annie not to mention Vinne liked it.

by Anonymousreply 14103/31/2013

Great film.

by Anonymousreply 14203/31/2013

Is it true that Charlton Heston actually provided the voice of Gad?

by Anonymousreply 14312/22/2013

God, yes.

by Anonymousreply 14412/22/2013

John Derek was distractingly hot.

by Anonymousreply 14504/04/2014

R145 Bad link.

So, isn't it about the time of year for this turkey to be shown again?

by Anonymousreply 14604/04/2014

When will it be shown? The 12th or the 19th?

by Anonymousreply 14704/04/2014

10 Things I Hate About Commandments

by Anonymousreply 14804/05/2014

no point in mentioning brynner's cock and balls withut a pic

by Anonymousreply 14904/05/2014

mooooseessss

by Anonymousreply 15004/05/2014

That's it - I'm getting out my Easter bonnet if we're celebrating early!

by Anonymousreply 15104/05/2014

Thank you R148. Principal Firebush!!!

by Anonymousreply 15204/19/2014
Need more help? Click Here.