Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What has happened to Frances Conroy''s eye?

I am watching my DVR of Nip/Tuck from this week.

I noticed this mentioned last year in the Desperate Housewives thread.

I love her (and Ruth from SFU was one of my favorite television characters ever)

One of her eyes almost looks collapsed. I think it is the eye lid- it makes her eyeball look very, very odd. Is it called pitosis?

I wish she would get it fixed as it is distracting- She has always been a fantastic character actress but this is alarming and I feel terribly for her.

by Anonymousreply 12February 21, 2010 3:53 PM

Whom?

by Anonymousreply 1January 30, 2010 7:58 PM

Yeah, I noticed her eye looked really odd in that episode too. Not sure what it is, though.

It's also hard to believe she was only 47 in the first season of Six Feet Under. She is not an attractive woman at all and could use more than a little nip/tuck in real life.

by Anonymousreply 2January 30, 2010 8:05 PM

Wow, tear the woman apart, why don't ya?

Yeah, I noticed in the last season of SFU that her eye looked different, but oh well. I'm sure she feels terrible that her eye is so "distracting" to you. She's going to run out and get plastic surgery right away, so that you feel better.

by Anonymousreply 3January 30, 2010 9:11 PM

OP, I posted this exact same thread when FC was on "Desperate Housewives" a couple of years back.

I think she's an enormously talented actress, but the eye is indeed distracting. What's causing this?

by Anonymousreply 4January 30, 2010 9:31 PM

I adore Conroy, but she has the money to fix this.

by Anonymousreply 5January 30, 2010 10:18 PM

Uh, is it possible to post a recent photo of said eye?

She was a beauty (at least on stage!) in her youth. But then I'm sure she's far more hireable now at her age with more character to her face (though perhaps a collapsed eye goes too far).

by Anonymousreply 6January 30, 2010 10:25 PM

Her eye issue happened between 2006-2008.

Click on IMDB link and check out her pictures. The Desperate Housewives pics show the eye issue. It looked even worse on Nip/Tuck

She will be on that Neil Patrick Harris sitcom in a week and the pics from that episode seem to have her looking good. Maybe she got an operation between Nip/Tuck(which was filmed many months ago) and recently? Granted the pics from the sitcom are from far away but she looks good.

I always found her very pretty in an ethereal homey kinda way. She looks very pretty in many of her IMDB pictures. Love Frances Conroy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 30, 2010 11:42 PM

No nce could figure it out back in 2008 either

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 30, 2010 11:49 PM

link directly to thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 30, 2010 11:49 PM

Has she gotten her eye fixed yet?

by Anonymousreply 10February 13, 2010 4:41 PM

The left eye is always the clue to work having been done. When Judge Jeanine Pirro looks to the right, her left eye looks crossed the skin is so tight.

by Anonymousreply 11February 13, 2010 5:18 PM

is her eye fixed??

by Anonymousreply 12February 21, 2010 3:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!