Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gia Carangi

Let's get one thing straight. Something happend early in her life to make her a puzzle that was always missing a big, crucial piece. She search and searched for it, was it a woman, a man, must be neither, must be a drug. She lost herself in heroin and by the time she began to heal, it was too late, the damage was done. She never found that missing puzzle piece, but AIDS had taken over the entire beautiful puzzle. I hope she has found the missing piece in Heaven, I'm sure she finally has.

by Anonymousreply 116September 21, 2008 2:26 AM

What are you babbling about??

by Anonymousreply 1September 7, 2008 7:59 AM

She was a butch dyke, she wasn't searching for a man.

by Anonymousreply 2September 7, 2008 8:02 AM

I want to talk about the CERN experiment.

by Anonymousreply 3September 7, 2008 8:05 AM

What the...?

by Anonymousreply 4September 7, 2008 8:07 AM

She was a butch lesbian who lived in an intolerant, drug - filled and highly superficial world.

It happens. Like trying to stuff a circle through a triangular shaped hole.

by Anonymousreply 5September 7, 2008 8:09 AM

or vanishing in a black hole, as could happen with the CERN experiment

by Anonymousreply 6September 7, 2008 8:13 AM

OP, you actually believe in heaven?

I agree with r5's analysis. She looked femme but was actually butch, and people couldn't handle the disconnect between appearance and behavior. The fashion industry is a cesspool of dysfunction; drugs and eating disorders are [italic]de rigeur[/italic]. The most well-adjusted people are affected by the toxic atmosphere. Gia was a mess and was further impacted by the crap going on around her.

by Anonymousreply 7September 7, 2008 8:17 AM

Even as a straight female i can capture the erotic essence of Gia that could draw in even a heterosexual female. She was so beautiful, and carried herself with such confidence that could convince you she was someone you could fall in love with. And as far as Sandy referring to her as an "It" I think that woman has no class at all. Gia was a human being for Gods sake. Couldn't she just say that instead of seeing her as non female or an "it" she was simply captivated by Gia as the person she was.

by Anonymousreply 8September 7, 2008 8:25 AM

I never want to talk about the CERN experiment. When we are disintegrating, I will still not want you to say the word "CERN" to me.

by Anonymousreply 9September 7, 2008 8:25 AM

can I say "Large Hadron Collider"?

by Anonymousreply 10September 7, 2008 8:29 AM

Did Sandy Linter ever admit to being in love with her? Having a sexual relationship?

by Anonymousreply 11September 7, 2008 8:30 AM

YOU CAN TRY, R10

by Anonymousreply 12September 7, 2008 8:37 AM

Oh, hell. I'm winded from the caps lock.

by Anonymousreply 13September 7, 2008 8:38 AM

I want to smash your particles, R12!

by Anonymousreply 14September 7, 2008 8:38 AM

Yes, r11.

by Anonymousreply 15September 7, 2008 8:47 AM

What ARE you babbling about??

by Anonymousreply 16September 7, 2008 8:48 AM

I want to talk about black holes, and CERN. And chocolate.

by Anonymousreply 17September 7, 2008 8:51 AM

Was she a supermodel?

by Anonymousreply 18September 7, 2008 8:55 AM

Strangelet!

by Anonymousreply 19September 7, 2008 8:55 AM

universe-gobbling

by Anonymousreply 20September 7, 2008 8:57 AM

Gia is interesting. Her modeling career really only lasted like, 2 years, a lot less than most models, yet she's still remembered today and remembered as the best.

by Anonymousreply 21September 7, 2008 8:58 AM

Gia had something about her that went beyond beauty. There are tons of beautiful models, but Gia was extraordinary

by Anonymousreply 22September 7, 2008 9:00 AM

We all remmeber Gia Carangi, whom I adored even as a homosexual male (penised person.)

Her erotic isotopes will be dissolved with the rest of reality next week, but what the hell.

More about black holes (no Republicans here)?

by Anonymousreply 23September 7, 2008 9:04 AM

Maybe on Wednesday we will find out what happened to her.

by Anonymousreply 24September 7, 2008 9:06 AM

Somehow I doubt WE will find out, but something, or some entity will find out what happened to that wonderful lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 25September 7, 2008 9:10 AM

Tell me more about the CERN experiment!

by Anonymousreply 26September 7, 2008 9:17 AM

The documentary called "The Self Destruction of Gia" has an interview with Sandy Linter. She seems VERY defensive about her straightness but says yes, she did fall in love with Gia and it was basically hell.

by Anonymousreply 27September 7, 2008 9:18 AM

Most of the supermodels of physics appear to predict that the energy is probably insufficient to create a black hole in the first place

by Anonymousreply 28September 7, 2008 9:19 AM

The Self Destruction of Gia or the Destruction of the Universe?

by Anonymousreply 29September 7, 2008 9:20 AM

Not only does Sandy Linter seem ashamed of her lesbian relationship but I think she wants to distance from the fact that Gia was also a drug addict who died of AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 30September 7, 2008 9:22 AM

here's destruction CERN-style!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 7, 2008 9:23 AM

So quiet. The lights dimmed. I thought it was a brown-out. Fucking Europeans.

Did it happen? Am I the only homo to survive the sudden collapse of the universe? Gia?

by Anonymousreply 32September 7, 2008 9:23 AM

R32, maybe you and Gia are neutron stars, which are much, much denser than the Earth.

by Anonymousreply 33September 7, 2008 9:27 AM

Thank God you're there R31, but that video doesn't look good.

Is that happening next Wednesday? I have a dentist appointment.

by Anonymousreply 34September 7, 2008 9:29 AM

Blame the strangelets!

by Anonymousreply 35September 7, 2008 9:29 AM

Wednesday, Sept 10

by Anonymousreply 36September 7, 2008 9:30 AM

R33, people have told me I'm dense, but not sure if it applies to this unique "circumstance" created by the Europeans (whose ass we saved twice in the last 100 solar cycles.)

by Anonymousreply 37September 7, 2008 9:33 AM

But if they create a black hole, how do they control conditions enough to study it?

by Anonymousreply 38September 7, 2008 9:34 AM

don't be offended, R37 - you and Gia are neutron STARS!

by Anonymousreply 39September 7, 2008 9:35 AM

If they create a black hole, they can't control it!

by Anonymousreply 40September 7, 2008 9:43 AM

R39 - Thank you dear. This thread is my only chance at stardom (except for my husband.) The hell with the universe, as we know it.

Why is it that only MIT grads (and their relatives) are posting at this hour?

What about that biggest cock thread? What about the Red Sox?

by Anonymousreply 41September 7, 2008 9:45 AM

Then why create it if you're not going to be able to study it?

by Anonymousreply 42September 7, 2008 9:47 AM

it seems they want to study a lot of things, and they say the black holes will either be so tiny that they will be harmless...or they will swallow the earth and the universe

by Anonymousreply 43September 7, 2008 9:52 AM

[italic]"She seems VERY defensive about her straightness but says yes, she did fall in love with Gia and it was basically hell."[/italic]

I am in love with my corporeal entity, and any black holes that interfere with that will not be welcome any day of the week.

R42 - Isn't this a bit late to ask that question? Where were you 10 years ago??? (bitch.)

by Anonymousreply 44September 7, 2008 9:56 AM

Aha! Thank you 43!

by Anonymousreply 45September 7, 2008 9:57 AM

Nostradamus says "All should leave Geneva. Saturn turns from gold to iron. The contrary positive ray will exterminate everything. There will be signs in the sky before this."

by Anonymousreply 46September 7, 2008 9:59 AM

"a puzzle that was always missing a big, crucial piece" - it was this type of endless wondering that 10,000 scientists to play reckless games with the universe.

by Anonymousreply 47September 7, 2008 10:02 AM

"Like trying to stuff a circle through a triangular shaped hole" or mixing stranglets with regular matter = bad scene

by Anonymousreply 48September 7, 2008 10:03 AM

These posts are making me nervous - heading to the biggest cock thread now. Nitey-nite.

by Anonymousreply 49September 7, 2008 10:03 AM

What a coincidence. I was contemplating starting a Gia thread last night. I have been fascinated with her since seeing the HBO movie with Angelina Jolie and reading "Thing of Beauty". She had perfect features, and a very androgynous look. Her life ended tragically and far too soon. She was one of the first women in the United States to die from AIDS. Does anyone here know her from NYC in those days or from Philly?

Janice Dickinson tried to credit herself for Gia's success, stating she opened the door for brunette and ethnic models.

by Anonymousreply 50September 7, 2008 12:00 PM

Gia came onto the scene in the midst of a blonde washout in the industry. This was the time of Jerri Hall, Cheryl Tiggs and Lauren Hutton. That ethereal sunkist locks look was in.

Gia was considered exotic because of her dark features and her blaise attitude towards life. The modeling agencies were growing tired of the same look and they were desperate to find the "new face".

The legendary Wilhelmina was a genius and a maverick to pick Gia to be her star girl and became a surrogate mother to Gia while she first started out. When Wilhelmina died, Gia just didn't know what to do with herself and that's when her life started taking a serious downturn both professionally and personally.

by Anonymousreply 51September 7, 2008 12:17 PM

It is also rumored she was abused as a child. If true, I am sure that certainly could have been a factor in her downfall.

by Anonymousreply 52September 7, 2008 12:24 PM

beautiful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 7, 2008 1:47 PM

>>>She was a butch dyke, she wasn't searching for a man.

On the Datalounge, even the butchest of the butch lesbians if they're attractive is "really looking for and needing a MAN."

by Anonymousreply 54September 7, 2008 1:54 PM

She was just another pretty face who thought the party would never end. That she could fuck around and fuck up as much as she wanted and never have to suffer the consequences. Gee, it sucks that it doesn't always work out that way, doesn't it?

Get it over it, girls.

by Anonymousreply 55September 7, 2008 2:01 PM

I am sure she wasn't aware of HIV/AIDS as a consequence at that time. There wasn't much awareness in the early days of the epidemic.

by Anonymousreply 56September 7, 2008 2:09 PM

Angelina gave a wonderful performance as Gia. I was disappointed after seeing the film to look up photos of the real Gia and see she wasn't anywhere near as beautiful or interesting to look at as Angelina.

I suspect the real Gia was self-medicating for some sort of mental illness, maybe borderline personality disorder. She was at the age when it's common for people prone to emotional disorders to have their first major breakdown. She might have pulled herself together and survived if it wasn't for the AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 57September 7, 2008 2:34 PM

[quote]Gia is interesting. Her modeling career really only lasted like, 2 years, a lot less than most models, yet she's still remembered today and remembered as the best. The only reason that is is because her mother blabbed about her having AIDS. If she were ugly no one would have cared!

by Anonymousreply 58September 7, 2008 2:57 PM

My pussy stinks

by Anonymousreply 59September 7, 2008 3:14 PM

Lezzies will never be fulfilled until they get a pinch of manmeat between their cheek and gums.

by Anonymousreply 60September 7, 2008 3:18 PM

Sundays sure are bad here.

I F&Fed you, R60.

Anyone for a second? Third?

by Anonymousreply 61September 7, 2008 3:24 PM

That includes you, 59.

R60 = projecting "lezzie".

by Anonymousreply 62September 7, 2008 3:51 PM

What will actually happen is past-present-future will collide and coexist for a brief period and then all will reorder itself -although not necessarily as the same universe. As a reflection of the true universe of which we will not affect.

by Anonymousreply 63September 7, 2008 3:56 PM

if we get sucked into a black hole will we know it or will it happen in a second?

by Anonymousreply 64September 7, 2008 4:13 PM

you'll know it because as your body is being torn apart it'll actually feel like an eternity within it. It will feel a lot like hell.

by Anonymousreply 65September 7, 2008 4:22 PM

I agree with whomever said Gia wasn't as attractive as Angelina. But then again, she didn't have the plastic surgery that Angie has had.

by Anonymousreply 66September 7, 2008 5:04 PM

I disagree that Angie was better looking.

by Anonymousreply 67September 7, 2008 5:21 PM

So do I,r67. Gia was way hotter.

by Anonymousreply 68September 7, 2008 6:55 PM

i think she was the most beautiful super model to ever live regardless of her addiction...poor girl. all she ever wanted was to be truly loved and cared for.

GIA was the first supermodel...NOT annoying Janice what's her face. she only WISH she was...

by Anonymousreply 69September 7, 2008 10:30 PM

"Something happend early in her life to make her a puzzle that was always missing a big, crucial piece"

The missing piece to the puzzel: Sexual abuse as a child. In women, extreme promiscuity, drugs, craziness, almost always equals sexual abuse as a child.

by Anonymousreply 70September 7, 2008 10:37 PM

OH ALSO TO PINK GODDESSS...dont hate on the fashion industry...i am a fashion photographer.....i just my girl RUPAUL last night....a friend of mine worked with GIA when he was the international creative director for REVLON...I AGREE with his opinion SHE WAS TOO YOUNG TO BE IN NYC BY HERSELF....AND IT ALL JUST HAPPENED TO HER TOO HOT ..TOO HARD AND TOO FAST.. she was a 16 year old girl when she came to NYC and she just couldnt cope.....

by Anonymousreply 71September 8, 2008 12:12 AM

After reading "Thing of Beauty" you can see what an akwardness and resistance Sandy had to being in a lesbian relationship. Refereing to Gia as an"It" is not my idea of respect. If you read the book you will understand my dislike of Sandy.There was a lot more going on there between the two of them involving Sandy's problem with dating a woman. I think she should have been upfront and not played with Gia's feelings the way she did

by Anonymousreply 72September 8, 2008 12:21 AM

r57, I agree. I think Gia was a Borderline. It's rather ironic Jolie played Gia (I think Jolie is Borderline too).

by Anonymousreply 73September 8, 2008 12:49 AM

There is a rumor (and this is talked about in a video on Gia's channel on Youtube) that she was sexually abused by her father. It makes sense and explains pretty much everything (being a lesbian, drug use, wild behavior)

by Anonymousreply 74September 8, 2008 12:53 AM

She was probably the greatest person of all time, wasn't she? I wish that more cities would build shrines to her. I'm seeing giant marble statues of Gia in the middle of vast public squares in all major world capitals...do you think that would be tribute enough? A good beginning?

by Anonymousreply 75September 8, 2008 1:11 AM

[quote][bold]that she was sexually abused by her father.[/bold] It makes sense and explains pretty much everything (being a lesbian, drug use, wild behavior) So is that why you're a lesbian, r74?

by Anonymousreply 76September 8, 2008 4:22 PM

If you want to know what Gia's career could have been like had she not been such a headcase look no further than Cindy "Baby Gia" Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 77September 8, 2008 4:51 PM

This thread is so definitively DL. Supermodels! Neutron stars! Colliding universes! Lesbian drug addicts!

by Anonymousreply 78September 8, 2008 4:54 PM

Sandy was more attracted to her when she dressed like a boy.

by Anonymousreply 79September 8, 2008 7:28 PM

Where can I find The Self Destruction if Gia, documentary?

by Anonymousreply 80September 8, 2008 8:24 PM

@80, I purchased mine on e-bay. After reading "Thing Of Beauty" and watching said documentary, it was clear to me that mental illness was involved. My curiousity with her began in college, when I read an article about her in Cosmopolitan. She really was a tortured soul. She also was absolutely gorgeous, but a total train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 81September 8, 2008 9:41 PM

You can buy "The Self-Destruction of Gia" straight from the guy who made it (see link)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82September 8, 2008 9:53 PM

My pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 83September 8, 2008 10:44 PM

Jolie better looking than Gia? On what Planet?

Gia is much more beautiful and had a better body, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 8, 2008 10:56 PM

"The Self Destruction of Gia" is really interesting. It was fascinating to hear the opinion of her former drug counsellor who stated he is pretty sure she would have been diagnosed as bi-polar today.

by Anonymousreply 85September 9, 2008 12:19 AM

Did Sandy test positive? I know she said she was worried after finding out Gia had AIDS, because they had shared needles.

by Anonymousreply 86September 9, 2008 12:21 AM

Mercedes Ruehl's performance as Gia's mother made me want to shoot the TV screen.

by Anonymousreply 87September 9, 2008 12:33 AM

r71 I agree that 16 is not only too young to be alone in NYC but in the shark infested waters of the fashion industry. Hollywood also has shark infested waters, people eat their young. It probably aggrevated what was more than likely either a personality disorder or a mental illness.

You're right r77 that's the career she would have had if she hadn't been such a train wreck and Cindy might not have had one at all.

by Anonymousreply 88September 9, 2008 1:24 AM

"Who's the pittiest, pittiest, [italic] pittiest [/italic] girl in the room!!?!"

"Oh, GEEEEEEEEEE-yaaaaahhh!"

Aargh.

by Anonymousreply 89September 9, 2008 2:26 AM

Gia was better looking than, Jolie.

by Anonymousreply 90September 10, 2008 8:15 AM

by Anonymousreply 91September 10, 2008 8:15 AM

by Anonymousreply 92September 10, 2008 8:16 AM

CERN test begins NOW

by Anonymousreply 93September 10, 2008 8:34 AM

I don't know if it's because she is so over-exposed, but Angelina is becoming very ordinary looking to me. I just don't think she is as attractive as she was pre-Brad and pre-extreme thinness. Gia had an amazing body and face.

by Anonymousreply 94September 10, 2008 11:40 PM

I used to think Angelina was really beautiful. She still is, but I am not as fascinated by her beauty now. She kinda turned into one of those Hollywood clones post-Brad. In my opinion, Gia was more attractive than Cindy. Cindy had the fitness model type body. But in terms of sexiness, Gia had the edge.

by Anonymousreply 95September 11, 2008 12:10 AM

>>she was sexually abused by her father. It makes sense and explains pretty much everything (being a lesbian, drug use, wild behavior)

LMAO! No, dearest, being a lesbian has nothing to do with sexual molestation. Sexual PROMISCUITY of any kind combined with lots of self-destructive behavior, can be.

by Anonymousreply 96September 11, 2008 12:16 AM

Gia was one hell of a natural beauty.

by Anonymousreply 97September 11, 2008 6:54 AM

Angelina shouldn't be this thin. She shouldn't read or look at anything, really.

It's shitty, but I can't help thinking she'd be easier to sympathize with if she'd made a decent movie in the last lord-knows-how-many years. Plus there's the fact that Billy Bob's better than her. And the McCain thing! Shit! Did she ever take it back? If not, I just remembered that Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 98September 11, 2008 7:23 AM

[quote]There is a rumor (and this is talked about in a video on Gia's channel on Youtube) that she was sexually abused by her father. It makes sense and explains pretty much everything (being a lesbian, drug use, wild behavior)

I cannot believe this bullshit is being posted on a gay website. People are not gay or lesbian because they are molested. Please drop that archaic pseudo-science nonsense. Being molested can lead to sexual promiscuity, but it doesn't cause anyone to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 99September 11, 2008 7:29 AM

You must be new to the Datalounge. ALL the queens here believe that attractive women are straight and act exactly like gay men unless they've been molested.

by Anonymousreply 100September 12, 2008 1:23 AM

R100, I guarantee it was a chick who wrote that post not the "queens".

by Anonymousreply 101September 12, 2008 1:39 AM

As someone who knew and worked with her at Willy no one has any clue but 51 and most of us from those days think Angelina did a pretty amazing job of capturing her troubled spirit.

by Anonymousreply 102September 12, 2008 2:45 AM

[quote]Gia had something about her that went beyond beauty. There are tons of beautiful models, but Gia was extraordinary

She's remembered because she died. That's why. James Dean Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 103September 12, 2008 3:53 AM

First things first: being molested as a child does not make you more predisposed to become homosexual.

I don't know how the rumor of her father molesting her got started. In the one biography of Carangi, "Thing of Beauty: the Tragedy of Supermodel Gia" by Stephen Fried it mentions that Gia was molested (once) by a neighborhood teenage boy, but does not claim her father molested her, at least I don't remember it saying that. It DID say that sometimes when her father came home from work he would "check" on his kids, and she would sometimes wake up to see him sitting on her bed staring at her. She said it made her uncomfortable, but that "nothing happened".

It's probably more accurate that Gia's emotional torment stemmed from her relationship with her MOTHER, not her father. Her mother abandoned her when she was a child to go be with a man, which devastated her. Her mother could never accept the fact that she was gay. Carangi always sought her mother's acceptance and attention, and she never got it, although her mother WAS pleased that Gia became a model (she thought it was a "feminine" career). Someone commented that all her life Gia tried to get attention from her mother, and it wasn't until she was dying with AIDS that she got it.

Carangi was NEVER a "supermodel", and she sure as hell wasn't the FIRST "supermodel" as some people have said. Her career was very brief; it hardly existed at all. In the book "Model: the Ugly Business of Beautiful Women" by Michael Gross, Gia is barely mentioned at all. There are a few comments about her by people who knew her; one of them said Gia "loved to be fucked up the ass with fingers". A model said Carangi was "about darkness and melancholy, which made good pictures". She was called a "trashy little street kid, not unlike Janice Dickerson". The most insightful comment was "she would have been a casualty in any life".

Much has been made of Gia's relationship with Sandy Linter, but her biography indicates that her most important lover was probably "Rochelle Rosen" (real name: Elyssa Golden). Golden was a bi-sexual, drug-addicted criminal from a well to do family. In the book Golden laughingly recalls an incident where she and Gia tied up and robbed a woman (the woman claimed Golden also sexually assaulted her during the attack). Fried was a real pussy where Golden was concerned; in the book he gave her a pseudonym and said in the book's ending that she was consistently testing negative for HIV and was battling liver cancer. Actually Golden had AIDS. She died of it.

I agree that Gia was better looking than Angeline Jolie. Her face had more sensuality and depth and character than Jolie's. There was something THERE; in Jolie's case, there's nothing more than a face with big lips. I did think she did a good job portraying Gia in the HBO movie, even though the movie itself was ridiculous. Mercedes Ruehl as Gia's mother was ghastly; what the hell accent was she trying do? And that "who's the pittiest?" bit they do in the movie is enough to make you gag; I doubt that Gia and her mother were EVER that infantile and dopey.

Poor Gia. She had beauty, but not much else; no education, no work ethic, no discipline, no intellectual curiousity, no self-esteem, no goals, no direction, no family support system. She was obviously deeply mentally ill. As someone who knew her said "she would have been a casualty in ANY life".

by Anonymousreply 104September 12, 2008 4:23 PM

[quote]I don't know how the rumor of her father molesting her got started. There is some "therapist" in a documentary about , Gia, and I believe he's the one who started the "Daddy molested" her rumours. I think it's terrible that he can even come out and either imply it or say it without any proof. Jaysus.

by Anonymousreply 105September 12, 2008 4:39 PM

"I think Gia was a Borderline."

"Other patients? You're seeing other patients? I need constant care, you told me I was BORDERLINE, I even wrote a song about it!"

- - Medusa (Julie Brown) on the phone to her shrink in "Dare to be Truthful"

by Anonymousreply 106September 12, 2008 4:44 PM

I agree with r105. I remember him stating he thinks they (Gia and father) had "had sex". An adult does not "have sex" with a minor. Speaking as a survivor of SA myself, I don't believe I had a choice in the matter. It was not consensual and I "had" nothing with this person.

by Anonymousreply 107September 13, 2008 1:37 AM

DUH, 101, a chick wrote R99. Are you listening?

by Anonymousreply 108September 13, 2008 1:44 AM

Can someone link a pic of Elyssa Golden? I am curious of what she looked like. When did she die?

by Anonymousreply 109September 13, 2008 3:50 AM

Before Gia, models were blond and blue eyed and posed like staues. She was the first model to move. To Give attitude to the camera.

by Anonymousreply 110September 13, 2008 8:15 PM

[quote]DUH, 101, a chick wrote R99. Are you listening? I was talking about the incest post, dumbass. Are YOU listening?

by Anonymousreply 111September 13, 2008 8:20 PM

OP - hoping to win the Nobel Prize in Literature

by Anonymousreply 112September 13, 2008 8:24 PM

I don't think Angelina was good at acting like her at the interview part in the movie

by Anonymousreply 113September 13, 2008 11:36 PM

Gia was much more softspoken and calm in the interview.Angelina acts to hyper and quirkey with quick sarcasm where Gia sounded a little sedated,high, and quietly reserved. Maybe they felt it made the movie more interesting to give her a more colorful interview.

by Anonymousreply 114September 13, 2008 11:36 PM

She seemed quite high in that 20/20 interview. No matter what people may think of her, she really suffered in the end. Also, She had a drug problem long before she arrived in NYC. From what I have read about her, mental illness was a part of her life for along time. Too bad she never received proper treatment. I was able to purchase three of her cosmo cover's on e-bay. She had such a sensual face and an unbelievable body.

by Anonymousreply 115September 14, 2008 2:16 AM

"Can someone link a pic of Elyssa Golden? I am curious of what she looked like. When did she die?"

There are two pictures of her in "Thing of Beauty". In both she's with Gia. In one they're getting out of a car; in another one she's kissing Gia on the cheek. You can't tell much about what she looked like from either one. She WAS blonde (Gia liked blondes), short (about 5ft 3 inches) and young (but looked older). She died of AIDS in the mid 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 116September 21, 2008 2:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!