Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lost In Space: Why Did Jonathan Harris Hate June Lockhart?

I have read that Harris (Dr. Smith) refused to be at the same table as June at sci-fi conventions and cast reunions>

I remember seeing a cast reunion in Boston shortly after Guy Williams had passed and I think Jonathan and June were on the same stage together.

Anyone know why there was animosity or is this just a myth?

by Anonymousreply 26July 6, 2008 12:55 AM

Because he was a typical bitchy queen.

by Anonymousreply 1July 4, 2008 7:58 PM

She stank of stale cigarettes and curry.

by Anonymousreply 2July 4, 2008 8:03 PM

I think that's a myth that they didn't get along

by Anonymousreply 3July 4, 2008 8:08 PM

They fought over the Venutian prop dildo.

by Anonymousreply 4July 4, 2008 8:10 PM

Maureen didn't want her son Will dating an older man.

by Anonymousreply 5July 4, 2008 8:29 PM

Because June is more of a man than he is.

by Anonymousreply 6July 5, 2008 12:28 PM

June's a rabid Republican.

by Anonymousreply 7July 5, 2008 1:37 PM

June sicked Lassie II, IV, and VI on him.

by Anonymousreply 8July 5, 2008 1:57 PM

When LOST IN SPACE began, Guy Williams and June Lockhart were the top-billed stars and had every expectation that the series would revolve around their characters of John and Maureen Robinson. (If you watch the early episodes, it's amazing how much screen time and dramatic material the 2 of them get compared to later in the series.) Harris' character of Dr. Smith became the breakout hit character and the show quickly began to focus on him. His co-star became the Robot, with Billy Mumy's Will joining in. Wiliams and Lockhart were relegated to brief scenes that were basically, "Make sure you're back to the Jupiter II in time for supper."

by Anonymousreply 9July 5, 2008 2:00 PM

Well if it's true Lockhart resented that, fuck her. She should've been greatful, breakout stars are what keep shows on the air. Like Lockhart was ever going to be a superstar anyway.

by Anonymousreply 10July 5, 2008 2:09 PM

Lockhart has always spoken with great warmth and generosity about Jonathan Harris. She has also said about LOST IN SPACE that she was grateful for 3 seasons as the star of a network television series. I don't know where OP is coming up with the theory of animosity.

by Anonymousreply 11July 5, 2008 2:14 PM

The rumor I heard was that she caught him fondling her daughter Ann (still a pre-teen at the time) in his dressing room , and she was outraged that he didn't offer her payment for the privilege of diddling her daughter. An arrangement was agreed on between the two of them, and after that Harris' understood proper Pimp Momma protocol. In fact, Harris is well known to tell Bill Mummy "Never give it away, dear boy. Make them pay for it!" when demand for the LIS cast members to make appearances at conventions & such grew.

by Anonymousreply 12July 5, 2008 2:59 PM

They were great friends, the OP has just made all of this up. That's how fake stories like this get started.

by Anonymousreply 13July 5, 2008 3:11 PM

Ask Susie Lee. Didn't she know all these people?

by Anonymousreply 14July 5, 2008 3:28 PM

June took a dump in his quarters on the Jupiter Three.

by Anonymousreply 15July 5, 2008 3:33 PM

while June is grateful now for LIS, she was glad they didn't do a fourth season.

by Anonymousreply 16July 5, 2008 4:05 PM

is she a big repug?

by Anonymousreply 17July 5, 2008 4:06 PM

Here's our lady M.D, she's as pretty as can be at the Junction.

by Anonymousreply 18July 5, 2008 4:22 PM

[quote]Here's our lady M.D, she's as pretty as can be at the Junction.

Jonathan Harris was on Petticoat Junction? How did I miss that?

by Anonymousreply 19July 5, 2008 6:20 PM

i just watched a season three episode of Family Affair with June guesting as a substitute teacher. She was perfect in the role, but they put vaseline on the lens for her close-ups. Ah well, there was no Botox then.

by Anonymousreply 20July 5, 2008 11:00 PM

They fought over Major Don's hot thick cock, of course!

by Anonymousreply 21July 5, 2008 11:05 PM

Believe it or not, June had the hots for Rev. Ike back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 22July 5, 2008 11:08 PM

"pretty, handsome Dr. Smith"...

...MY ASS!

by Anonymousreply 23July 5, 2008 11:28 PM

June was prettier and got more cock than he did.

by Anonymousreply 24July 5, 2008 11:39 PM

She acted with Judy Garland in Meet Me in St. Louis. Any stories about that?

by Anonymousreply 25July 6, 2008 12:42 AM

June also spent a year on tour with HAIR when her daughter Anne was in it....she was mad crazy and loved every minute of it.

She's a lot of fun. She gets some hate from fans because she signs Guy Williams' name to photos at conventions and collects money - BUT it all goes to Guy's family and they asked her to do it.

June is a true television actress - in one Lassie episode, she drives the old Dodge pickup from a long shot, into camera range, stops it on her mark, throws it out of gear, sets the parking brake, and jumps out of the truck IN FOCUS...all in one shot. I'd like to see Meryl Streep do that!

by Anonymousreply 26July 6, 2008 12:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!