Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

ANT is now a Scientologist!

Kathy Griffin did a long riff on Scientology during her current swing through the East Coast. Most disturbing of all, she mentioned that ANT, as he calls himself, is now a Scientologist. Kathy was aghast that a COMEDIAN could become a Scientologist. To me, the shock was that a stark raving QUEEN could become one, cuz the Scientologists are not fans of the gays.

ANT's Wikipedia profile mentions the fact that on Howard Stern, ANT talked about ending a three year relationship with a dude and is considering a relationship with a woman.

Sure enough, his MYSPACE profile says his religion is "Scientology" and that he's BI.

So, this should prove interesting. Let's all sit back and pop a giant pink bowl of gay popcorn and see how this turns out.

Oh, during Kathy's riff she mentioned that ANT had emailed her and said he wasn't a Scientologist, but he was just doing "the auditing" and it was really changing his life. Yet, there it is, right on his MYSPACE, "Religion: Scientology."

Could the cult be using his auditing confessions to get dirt on other celebrities? Does ANY just not know how anti-gay the cult is? Or his he just plain moronic.

by Anonymousreply 7105/09/2008

Bi?! Oh dear, I think all the weight he lost must be from his brain. Sad - I actually kind of liked him.

by Anonymousreply 105/04/2008

He's dead to me!

by Anonymousreply 205/04/2008

Did you actually hear the Stern interview? Ant talked about how disgusting he thinks vagina is and how the only woman he'd consider having a relationship with is Tig Notaro. She's a lesbian comedian. None of the clueless hets on the Stern show caught onto that.

by Anonymousreply 305/04/2008

Hardly a surprise. His LGBT travel show was an embarrassment and he's just the sort of person who would blame gays for his career failures.

by Anonymousreply 405/04/2008

Hope it's just an act from him and his experiences with Scientology is material for a coming stand up comedy tour.

Scientology would surely fall for thant and think they might a PR "success story" (remember, Queer as Folk Season One when Emmett joins that "Seeing the Light" Group?) on their hands with him joining.

by Anonymousreply 505/04/2008

I just have no idea how ANT or Scientology can reconcile the existence of each other in their diametrically opposed worldviews. As it were.

by Anonymousreply 605/04/2008

His bad hair transplant/wig and continuing bad plastic surgery are more distressing.

by Anonymousreply 705/04/2008

Seriously, I believe as I approach 70, one may consider one's self gay, but the truth is one may really only remain homosexual. To be gay and part of those who call themselves gay, is only a small number of years between adolescence and middle age. Everything outside of that 25 year span is simply an imagined belonging. There are exceptions, but for the largest number of us, we remain gay mentally, but could honestly live as straight men if we found a woman who fit in our lives. Most men straight or gay benefit from the discipline a woman's perspective brings to a relationship. Gay relationships are, by there very nature, most fleeting for the vast majority of homosexual men.

I hope all of this is very different for the younger gays who may marry, but If it is to be, most of us won't be alive to see or participate.

So I would cut ANT some slack if he decides to make an alliance with a female. Stability and loyalty are valuable parts to any relationship, but rarely found and surviving in gay relationships.

by Anonymousreply 805/04/2008

I ran into him a couple of months ago. He had lost a lot of weight and said he had changed his life around.

He did not mention Scientology, but it would not surprise me.

It would take an act of God, the Blessed Virgin, Saint John the Baptist, the Holy Apolostles Peter and Paul, and All the Saints to make that cocksucker straight.

by Anonymousreply 905/04/2008

Do gay men have sex with Ant? Isn't he celibate against his will?

by Anonymousreply 1005/04/2008

He was on Loveline w/ Dr.Drew discussing his love for Scientology. He basically said that he got into because he had a huge problem with Tina and it helped him overcome his addiction.

by Anonymousreply 1105/04/2008

This makes me sad 'cause I've always liked him.

by Anonymousreply 1205/04/2008

Ahhhhh, the old Narconon trap! The Scientology front group that "cures" addiction with shots of olive oil, high doses of niacin and hour after hour in a sauna.

Still, any form of homosexuality marks a person as very undesirable in Scientology. Even if they make "an alliance with a female." The way Travolta and Preston did.

by Anonymousreply 1305/04/2008

Being unattractive and gay is perfect for Scientology. Ant could be Misscavige's successor.

by Anonymousreply 1405/04/2008

Maybe this unfunny, gay Stepin Fetchit will finally vanish into some Clearwater compound and we'll never hear from his lame ass again.

by Anonymousreply 1505/04/2008

Projecting much, Gramps at 8?

Just because you can't maintain a relationship with a man doesn't your bullshit opinions any footing. Straights have a few thousand years worth of being allowed to marry.

If you want to be stupid and sexist -which Ant's horribly unfunny routines are- women maintain rel. because they are clingy and needy.

Ant's crappo claim of bisexuality and declaration of Scifitology membership is a pathetic attempt to get publicity.

His "act" is pathetic. He can't get bookings because everybody hates him. His agent is the most annoying horrid man ever, who begs and haragues.

Well, we got Jason Beghe out of the murderous cult; they got Ant in.

Let's see, who should the next trade be (hot actor for pathetic has-been queen)?

by Anonymousreply 1605/04/2008

At the end of this week's incredibly unfunny "Celebracadabra" or whatever it's called, Ant is axed and at the end says that the show made a huge mistake because you never get rid of the villain in the second episode. Admitting you were play-acting is one thing but being so lousy at it is another. I think he's just caught up in the reality TV genre and doesn't know what's real anymore.

by Anonymousreply 1705/04/2008

Projecting much, Gramps at 8?

Just because you can't maintain a relationship with a man doesn't your bullshit opinions any footing. Straights have a few thousand years worth of being allowed to marry.

If you want to be stupid and sexist -which Ant's horribly unfunny routines are- women maintain rel. because they are clingy and needy.

Ant's crappo claim of bisexuality and declaration of Scifitology membership is a pathetic attempt to get publicity.

His "act" is pathetic. He can't get bookings because everybody hates him. His agent is the most annoying horrid man ever, who begs and harangues.

Well, we got Jason Beghe out of the murderous cult; they got Ant in.

Let's see, who should the next trade be (hot actor for pathetic has-been queen)?

by Anonymousreply 1805/04/2008

Though I do not think Jason Lee is hot, I would definitely trade him for Andrew Sullivan, r18 and, um, r16.

by Anonymousreply 1905/04/2008

And Jerry Sienfeld also looked into Scientology too.

by Anonymousreply 2005/04/2008

What a crock of shit.

I never did think he was funny...more just a lot of nervous energy. like we were laughing AT him not with him.

Its sort of tragic, if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 2105/04/2008

I agree about the tragic dimension, r21. I mean, I guess I'm glad that druggies like Kirstie Alley and now Jeff Conaway and ANT feel as if the Scientology front group Narconon helped "save their lives," but Scientology membership and shilling also seems to be required.

by Anonymousreply 2205/04/2008

wow...Scientology is EXACTLY like being a Born-Again Christian--both fucked up religions, in my opinion. This is no scarier than messed up Baldwin brother ranting about Jesus and he's "born again." It was really chilling to listen to, that someone would actually infect another's brain. Really sad. Ant is a twisted wreck. He needs serious THERAPY, not Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 2305/04/2008

Good... maybe now he'll disappear into obscurity. I never understood why any producer would hire him to be in front of a camera.

by Anonymousreply 2405/04/2008

gay Stepin Fetchit LOL. I don't think most will understand what u mean.

by Anonymousreply 2505/04/2008

That's a damnable lie R8.

by Anonymousreply 2605/04/2008

I'm pretty sure ANT addressed the Scientology rumors on a previous Stern appearance (not the most recent one) and clarified that he is not a practicing Scientologist. He was also joking about going straight and talked about recently having a threesome with an older couple he met while doing the Rosie O'Donnell cruise.

Jeff Conaway was also asked about his supposed conversion to Scientology on the Howard Stern show a few weeks ago and confirmed that John Travolta gave him a stack of L. Ron Hubbard books but said he's not a Scientologist and hasn't pursued becoming one.

by Anonymousreply 2705/04/2008

Ant and tig are the same types. Her shill is here. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 2805/04/2008

Ant belongs to the church of Ant. He would sell his own bowel movement if he could.

Parvenu.

Poseur.

Autopimp.

by Anonymousreply 2905/04/2008

umm, who is ANT?

by Anonymousreply 3005/04/2008

I bet all the attackers of 8 are under 45. We know so much in our youth. Too bad we won't be able to hear from these same young wretches when they're alone in their antiquing years. I'm sure they'll be as shrill and bitter, but voicing a completely different tune.

To be wise in youth is die early.

by Anonymousreply 3105/04/2008

He claimed he was only thinking about switching to women (only Tig Notaro) because of how devastated he is over his recent breakup.

He claimed he was dating a closeted actor. Anyone have any ideas who that could be?

The older couple he had a 3-some with on the Rosie cruise were in their 70's.

by Anonymousreply 3205/04/2008

Oh please R8 - maybe for your generation.

You're telling us that we're going to die early unless we get with women eventually?

by Anonymousreply 3305/04/2008

R8 is just a troll. Don't take it seriously.

Meanwhile, now that Ant is straight, he should consider changing his name to Twat.

by Anonymousreply 3405/04/2008

Is she Richard Simmons baby? Don't tell me there isn't a resemblance.

by Anonymousreply 3505/04/2008

[italic]He claimed he was dating a closeted actor. Anyone have any ideas who that could be? [/italic]

Guy Kibbee.

by Anonymousreply 3605/04/2008

R31=brainless fool.

If Ant has a problem keeping men it's because Ant combimnes the wit of Phyllis Diller with the generous spirit of Mel Gibson and the body of Karl Rove.

by Anonymousreply 3705/05/2008

He's vile, as unfunny a comedian as ever existed and yet he stubbornly insists, time and again, the fault lies ever with his audience.

It's entirely possible to "get" a joke, to understand what someone is attempting to do, and yet not find it funny.

He's just another identity-humor comic, only in his case a thoroughly bad one.

He seems a perfect candidate for Scientology, cluthingly, desperately thinking it will help his career which has already passed its expiration date.

by Anonymousreply 3805/05/2008

(clutchingly)

by Anonymousreply 3905/05/2008

Since Ant is now straight and a scientologist will LOGO stop broadcasting his series? I think they should. I'll be sending my two cents worth to LOGO:

cancel Ant...

by Anonymousreply 4005/05/2008

They already cancelled last year, R40.

by Anonymousreply 4105/05/2008

[quote]Still, any form of homosexuality marks a person as very undesirable in Scientology. Even if they make "an alliance with a female." The way Travolta and Preston did.

Even if? Are you saying the church has a problem with Travolta, all of a sudden?

by Anonymousreply 4205/05/2008

Regarding his 'comedy' . .really, all he's missing is a seltzer bottle and a god damn rubber chicken.

by Anonymousreply 4305/05/2008

"He claimed he was only thinking about switching to women (only Tig Notaro) because of how devastated he is over his recent breakup."

What is it about these pathetic gay men who think this way? If every straight woman who had a bad breakup decided to go lesbian, the marriage industry would have died out decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 4405/05/2008

yea - i'm with r30. what's ANT?

by Anonymousreply 4505/05/2008

"If every straight woman who had a bad breakup decided to go lesbian, the marriage industry would have died out decades ago."

But the U-Haul industry would be BOOMING!

by Anonymousreply 4605/05/2008

I really think anyone would join that cult if it meant they could be famous.

Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 4705/05/2008

I don't know. I heard him on Stern and thought he made some good arguments. And he wouldn't be the first gay to say, ya know what, it's just not for me, and marry a woman. Isn't that what you are all really afraid of? Being Discovered. I applaud his bravery.

by Anonymousreply 4805/05/2008

For r30 and r45, who apparently cannot use Wiki:

[quote]Anthony Steven Kalloniatis (born August 22, 1967), now known professionally and legally as Ant, is an openly gay Greek-American stand-up comedian and actor.

[quote]Ant prefers his name spelled in all caps.

[quote]A native of Londonderry, New Hampshire, Ant performed at comedy clubs across the nation. For four years starting in 1995, he was a semi regular cast member on the WB series, "Unhappily Ever After."

[quote]With the end of that show and looking for ways to supplement his income, Ant recruited several men to become internet models. His involvement in the voyeur cam business is documented in the 2001 film WebCam Boys, which he also co-produced.

[quote]Ant appeared as a contestant on Last Comic Standing, and has appeared in four of that show's five seasons. That same year, he released a comedy album on Comedy Central Records, Follow My Ass. In 2005, he released the comedy DVD, "ANT: America's Ready."

[quote]He is the host of VH1 reality series Celebrity Fit Club and was a regular judge of talent on Steve Harvey's Big Time. His television series, U.S. of ANT, premiered on MTV Network's gay-targeted Logo cable channel in the summer of 2006. Ant also frequently appears as a commentator on such shows as VH1's Best Week Ever and CNBC's Dennis Miller, and is a regular guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

[quote]In 2007, he appeared along with Snoop Dogg as a guest star on MTV's sketch comedy show Short Circuitz.

[quote]On May 1st, 2008, Ant celebrated his 6th appearance on The Howard Stern Show. On the show, he admitted having sexual intercourse with a homeless person. He also revealed he had broken up with his boyfriend of three years, Richard, and was considering having a relationship with a woman. Ant also admitted he had had sex with a 74-year-old man on a Rosie O'Donnell cruise trip a few months earlier. His biggest revelation was that he wears a weave, a partial wig to cover up a receding hairline.

[quote]He was a talent judge in NBC's 5th season of Last Comic Standing, along with Kathleen Madigan and Alonzo Bodden.

[quote]Ant is an avid poker player and also one of the "famous faces"[6], due to being a regular player on the online poker website Hollywood Poker which is run in conjunction with Ongame Network.

[quote]Born: August 22, 1967 (age 40)Boston, Massachusetts, USA [quote]Occupation: Stand-up Comedian, Television Show Host [quote]Website: antcomic.com

by Anonymousreply 4905/05/2008

[italic] And he wouldn't be the first gay to say, ya know what, it's just not for me, and marry a woman. Isn't that what you are all really afraid of? Being Discovered. I applaud his bravery. [/italic]

Yes, just look at John Paulk and the "legions" of successful ex-gays who have successfully become heterosexual. Oh, wait. You can't name one of them.

No, dear, we're not "afraid" of anything, except being stuck in a nightclub or at a gay pride day and having to endure his bleating, hateful sexist racist unfunny "comedy."

You applaud his "bravery" for joining a cult that's based on a corpse's science fiction bullshit, that has an international reputation for physically abusing thousands of people, leaving dozens dead, extorting millions from its members, and being notorious for craptastic "remedies" for mental and physical illnesses, whose own founder's gay son leaped from a building and committed suicide because his father's cult was so hateful and controlling?

[italic] Ant prefers his name spelled in all caps.

[/italic]

Even though it's not an acronym, which is idiotic, it's just a desperate ploy for even print attention.

He's not even worth all lower case type.

by Anonymousreply 5005/05/2008

[italic]He was a talent judge in NBC's 5th season of Last Comic Standing... [/italic]

Now THAT's funny.

by Anonymousreply 5105/05/2008

unreal

by Anonymousreply 5205/06/2008

What a dumb fuck!

by Anonymousreply 5305/06/2008

It kinda makes me grateful that he's only a name I've heard in passing. If I was a fan I'd be upset, at least somewhat.

Sorry to hear that a once openly-gay celeb (for whatever he's worth) has turned toward the dark side. Anyone with half a brain would know better, so I guess that tells me everything I need to know about ANT.

by Anonymousreply 5405/06/2008

Did we mention that he's incredibly not funny?

by Anonymousreply 5505/06/2008

his parents' own a used car dealership in NH.

by Anonymousreply 5605/06/2008

I thought he was the most boring part of his show, "US of ANT."

I watched him perform once. It was painful. I think the audience laughed out of pity and loyalty for another gay.

by Anonymousreply 5705/07/2008

Admitted to having sex with a homeless man and a 74 year old man.

SO glad he's straight now.

by Anonymousreply 5805/07/2008

T.I.W.T.H.U.

by Anonymousreply 5905/07/2008

"any form of homosexuality marks a person as very undesirable in Scientology."

Huh? The entire group seems to consist of closeted gays--it seems more like a mark of desireability rather than undesirability.

by Anonymousreply 6005/07/2008

Poor old r8. Hector Projector.

Hey, I am 48 and will not cut that idiot ANT any slack. Insane attention whore who will do anything for some press. Not funny, either, and not any kind of gay person I want to know.

Also, I have some good friends in their 70's who have been partnered for 25 years. Happy, healthy, monogamous. And all my gay close friends are in their 40's and are stable, mature and able to be in gay relationships. Sure, it's all sex and fleeting moments in the younger years, as it is supposed to be. But if one is smart and savvy, the realization that the "gay community" is not really any community and that "being gay" is not really equated with the cultural cues if we are to all simply BE who we are. No, the club scene is not going to lust after men "of a certain age" and so what? Who WANTS to do clubs then anyway? BEEN THERE. Years ago. Young gay men are not very interesting, really. You also don't have to love Cher, showtunes or anything that the culture dictates.

Hey, as we age, we ALL realize that there is more to life than running around snapping our fingers being "fabulous" all the time.

And I still loathe ANT.

by Anonymousreply 6105/07/2008

ANT and TIG. three letters, annoying names, both loons. Their baby would be grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 6205/07/2008

Tig steals jokes from spike milligan and sandra bernhard. google spike milligan and tig and see.

by Anonymousreply 6305/07/2008

I understand he has come out against gay marriage and civil unions. He also is saying being gay is a lifestyle that people choose and anyone can change if they really want to, like he has.

by Anonymousreply 6405/07/2008

Did the wikipedia also mention is Adam4Adam profile.

PLUH-EZE!

by Anonymousreply 6505/07/2008

what gay man wouldn't go straight for this .

by Anonymousreply 6605/08/2008

I don't understand how he can think he can get away with this. He must be nuts...

by Anonymousreply 6705/08/2008

"He also is saying being gay is a lifestyle that people choose and anyone can change if they really want to, like he has."

Yes, but he can't choose not to be an unfunny asshole.

by Anonymousreply 6805/08/2008

I don't know who or what ANT is, but I was disappointed to learn that Beck is a Scientologist.

by Anonymousreply 6905/08/2008

His talk about "turning" straight (for a butch lesbian, no less) was a bit. Anyone who heard the interview would know that. That anyone is taking any of this seriously is just plain bizarre. It also guarantees that he'll continue saying similarly stupid things so you'll all keep talking about him.

by Anonymousreply 7005/08/2008

I don't know the guy, but I guess people believe he was serious because other people have done the same thing. Satire/reality are awfully blurry when it comes to cults and 'ex-gays'.

by Anonymousreply 7105/09/2008
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!