Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Celebrities with severe hygiene problems

Pete Doherty -- unspeakable halitosis

Matthew McConaughey -- crotch rot and terrible BO

Larry King -- probably the worst case of flatulence you've ever heard of. Has a small fan stationed under his desk thoughtfully pointed away from his guests to spare them--I am not kidding, either

by Anonymousreply 103April 22, 2008 7:02 AM

Russell Crowe has terrible B.O.

Star Jones used to be incredibly foul-smelling when she was fat, supposedly because she couldn't wipe herself properly

by Anonymousreply 1March 4, 2008 4:26 PM

Keanu Reeves -- filthy feet

by Anonymousreply 2March 4, 2008 4:29 PM

I heard that Dame Judi Dench uses her thighs as a panini sandwich press.

by Anonymousreply 3March 4, 2008 4:29 PM

Oh. Dear!

by Anonymousreply 4March 4, 2008 4:42 PM

SPY Magazine used to refer to Donald Trump as Donald "Stinky" Trump--I never knew why, but I've got a good guess.

by Anonymousreply 5March 4, 2008 4:50 PM

OP, you got the Larry King tidbit from Kathy Griffin's standup act, don't try to sound like an insider.

by Anonymousreply 6March 4, 2008 4:55 PM

Yeah, OP, how dare you anonymously try to sound like you know something so we can all be jealous of you, even know we have no idea who you are.

Shut up R6, it was your daddy that didn't love you, not OP.

by Anonymousreply 7March 4, 2008 5:01 PM

Brad Pitt, when he is not filming, is known to not shower as often as one should.

by Anonymousreply 8March 4, 2008 5:44 PM

This thread should have started off with the biggest offender of the bunch: Ethan Hawke.

Also, I met standup Steven Wright once, and he had the worst BO I've ever smelled.

by Anonymousreply 9March 4, 2008 6:27 PM

Johnny Depp looks like he would smell

by Anonymousreply 10March 4, 2008 9:26 PM

I wish I had a fan like that so I could let them rip whenever I felt like it.

by Anonymousreply 11March 4, 2008 9:34 PM

They look pretty skanky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 4, 2008 9:35 PM

Alyssa Milano has BO

by Anonymousreply 13March 4, 2008 9:59 PM

Sarah Silverman smells like shit.

I think she eats Jimmy's poo.

by Anonymousreply 14March 4, 2008 10:03 PM

"Alyssa Milano has BO"

Everyone has BO sometimes. Anyone who says they haven't smelled a little "ripe" from time to time is lying.

by Anonymousreply 15March 4, 2008 10:06 PM

We didn't call her Stockyard Channing for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 16March 4, 2008 10:14 PM

If that's true about Larry King then he needs to drink at least several cups of brewed green tea every day.

by Anonymousreply 17March 4, 2008 10:18 PM

In general, when it comes to film actors, I get the impression that if it isn't for some very special occasion, they are not very clean. I often see them appearing in rumpled, dirty clothing and for sure they look as if they haven't bathed in days.

And anyone who makes a habit of coffee and cigarettes, who eats lots of red meat and drinks alcohol, you can count on them having totally foul breath. I meaqn gross, bad breath. Ewww!

I think we should start a thread about celebs with severe hygeine problems....oh.

by Anonymousreply 18March 4, 2008 10:58 PM

r

by Anonymousreply 19March 5, 2008 4:59 AM

"Brad Pitt, when he is not filming, is known to not shower as often as one should."

I've read this here before but I also remember reading some interview this man did where he discussed that the first thing he remodeled in his house was the bathroom and designed this elaborate and romantic huge shower so he and Jennifer could have long sexy showers together. There was also some news bit about how he and Angelina had some fancy huge tub installed so they could spend long luxurious time in the tub.

That doesn't sound like a man who doesn't like to bathe. But in case it is, I'll be happy to bathe him as necessary.

by Anonymousreply 20March 5, 2008 5:10 AM

joel mchale from 'the soup' has bad breath.

by Anonymousreply 21March 5, 2008 5:18 AM

Look, the fact is, when Brad was younger, he was as stinky as they come. He just didn't shower unless he had too. Ask Gwinn.

by Anonymousreply 22March 5, 2008 5:22 AM

Renee Taylor.

Got stuck seeing a show with she and her husband in the leads. Small theatre, front row.

She's ... dirty.

by Anonymousreply 23March 5, 2008 5:22 AM

Colin Farrel

by Anonymousreply 24March 5, 2008 5:25 AM

Leo Dicaprio.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, I always imagine Matt Damon smells nice.

by Anonymousreply 25March 5, 2008 5:26 AM

In the mid 90s and Keanu's band came to our town, the local DJ complained, a few days later, that they had to change the carpet at the station, because they couldn't get rid of Keanu's stench. I don't think they were joking.

by Anonymousreply 26March 5, 2008 5:27 AM

When "Six Feet Under" was still on there were lots of blind items indicating that Rachel Griffiths was extremely unhygienic with horrible BO and/or bad breath. No idea if it's true or not since the BIs may not even have been about her.

by Anonymousreply 27March 5, 2008 5:28 AM

She's an Aussie. Is hygiene big there or is it like Europe? No offense to the Non-Americans, but lack of water pressure makes it inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 28March 5, 2008 5:30 AM

More about Joel McHale R21

by Anonymousreply 29March 5, 2008 5:33 AM

I don't think us Aussies are any more or less stinky than Americans. We definitely don't do that shower once a month thing. It's hot here a lot and I think most people shower twice a day in the hot weather. I do, at least.

by Anonymousreply 30March 5, 2008 5:33 AM

Ben Affleck reportedly has bad halitosis.

In an interview Claire Danes said she likes to be "as natural as possible" when she's not working. She mentioned not showering.

by Anonymousreply 31March 5, 2008 5:35 AM

Amy Winehouse

by Anonymousreply 32March 5, 2008 5:37 AM

Helen Lawson has smelly feet. I know because she has walked all over me!!

by Anonymousreply 33March 5, 2008 5:41 AM

Jude Law doesn't wash his hair for weeks at a time.

by Anonymousreply 34March 5, 2008 5:49 AM

I can tell, r34. It looks greasy 99% of the time. Maybe he thinks it will help hair loss.

by Anonymousreply 35March 5, 2008 5:54 AM

Sting is known as "Stink" by many a roadie.

Lenny Kravitz has BO that would knock a buzzard off a shit-wagon.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 36March 5, 2008 5:57 AM

And Jude Law is a smoker, so you can imagine how wonderful his hair smells after weeks of not washing it.

by Anonymousreply 37March 5, 2008 6:06 AM

I read that the short chubby blonde woman in the Dixie Chicks has the worst body odor ever. I heard that the other two sisters are embarrassed by the stinky girl.

I have no idea if this is true or not.

by Anonymousreply 38March 5, 2008 8:41 AM

Supposedly Kirstie Ally smokes so much that her co workers on Cheers used to complain of the foul smell.

by Anonymousreply 39March 5, 2008 8:44 AM

Lenny Kravitz owns this thread.

Seriously, I've met him. He's really short and really stinky in person.

by Anonymousreply 40March 5, 2008 8:51 AM

I also ran into Lenny Kravitz and OY VEY does he smell.

by Anonymousreply 41March 5, 2008 9:04 AM

"Jude Law doesn't wash his hair for weeks at a time."

Not shampooing your hair is actually a good idea, but you are supposed to RINSE the gunk out regularly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 5, 2008 10:10 AM

I think it was Ethan Hawke or Johnny Depp in a recent interview who spoke about the sporadic hygiene that "the road" affords.

Apparently it is more important to look ok for the cameras than to smell scrummy for the handful of people who will have their noses up your ass that day.

by Anonymousreply 43March 5, 2008 10:59 AM

Some people say it proves Keanu isn't gay, because at times he is downright dirty.

by Anonymousreply 44March 6, 2008 5:02 AM

Goldie Hawn, yep.

by Anonymousreply 45March 6, 2008 5:07 AM

Chris Noth, greasy hair and really bad BO mixed with stale tobacco smoke and booze.

by Anonymousreply 46March 6, 2008 5:10 AM

"If that's true about Larry King then he needs to drink at least several cups of brewed green tea every day."

Larry's had so many heart problems he's almost undoubtedly on warfarin/coumadin... which means he can't drink lots of green tea. I'm afraid he'll have to fart m,errily away instead.

by Anonymousreply 47March 6, 2008 5:18 AM

My roommate from college worked on Will & Grace and said Debra Messing smoked like a chimney and as a result stank to high heaven. (He also said she was so obsessed with her hair that she often had three assistants furiously working away at her before every scene she filmed.)

by Anonymousreply 48March 6, 2008 5:20 AM

Heath Ledger

by Anonymousreply 49March 6, 2008 5:24 AM

Poor form r49. Yer a right bugger.

by Anonymousreply 50March 6, 2008 5:28 AM

Hmmm, after reading all the responses in this topic I have concluded that the most disgusting, unhygienic celebrities of all time are/were Starr Jones (you just can't beat smelling like fecal matter 24/7 in pure putridness) or Keanu Reeves's stink foot so horrifying that they actually had to change the carpets where he made an appearance.

by Anonymousreply 51March 6, 2008 5:37 AM

will ferrell. omg. smelled FUNKY. it was during bewitched, and he was in full makeup. poor nic kidman, i couldn't IMAGINE having to be close to him. just gross.

by Anonymousreply 52March 6, 2008 6:08 AM

OP = serious mental instability

by Anonymousreply 53March 6, 2008 6:23 AM

R28 - "but lack of water pressure makes it inevitable" - what on earth are you talking about?!?

by Anonymousreply 54March 6, 2008 10:09 AM

"SPY Magazine used to refer to Donald Trump as Donald "Stinky" Trump--I never knew why, but I've got a good guess."

Hence the verb "to trump", something that Larry King apparently knows a lot about.

by Anonymousreply 55March 6, 2008 12:22 PM

Jake is very clean. He even said in an interview he showers four times a day. I think he has a fetish. Even his casual clothes look clean. I get the impression, he speaks to his mother every single day and they discuss whether he is wearing the correct clothes and even his bowel habits...which I think are very regular. Jake is like, totally pure. His shit doesn't stink, he has no flatulence and his breath smells of mint! He probably has his linens changed four times a day. And he douches.

by Anonymousreply 56March 6, 2008 2:00 PM

Piper Perabo. Her tits smell like vomit.

by Anonymousreply 57March 6, 2008 2:05 PM

"And he douches."

You bet he does. I want that strap-on clean as a whistle when I'm done with him.

by Anonymousreply 58March 6, 2008 2:11 PM

Parmesan cheese. That's all I'm sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 59March 6, 2008 2:14 PM

Don't Matt M. and Sting use that all natural soap you buy from health stores? I think that's why they stink. Anything all natural couldn't possibly remove funk efficiently.

by Anonymousreply 60March 6, 2008 2:19 PM

Lauren Graham dosn't believe in deodorant and perfumes/colognes. "I'm a jitterbug girl!" she said

by Anonymousreply 61March 6, 2008 2:24 PM

I bathe in acid and still stink!

by Anonymousreply 62March 6, 2008 2:27 PM

R53-partial birth abortion survivor.

by Anonymousreply 63March 12, 2008 5:45 AM

Colin Farrell doesn't bathe at all.

Super nice guy though, down to earth and kind, and by all takes, a great dad.

by Anonymousreply 64March 12, 2008 6:08 AM

Why 'the road'? Is Ethan Hawke in a band?

by Anonymousreply 65March 13, 2008 11:57 AM

That was true about Keanu and a radio station changing the carpet but I didn't think it was so much the foot odor, I think it was just general funk. Maybe his whole band smelled that way? I had a report about Brad Pitt too, when he was younger, seriously stinky.

by Anonymousreply 66March 13, 2008 8:50 PM

"Some people say it proves Keanu isn't gay, because at times he is downright dirty."

I don't think Keanu is gay, but I know lots of gay guys who are scruffy/dirty

by Anonymousreply 67March 14, 2008 4:33 AM

Tina Fey said Matt M smelled like a major nutsack. Kate Hudson reportedly begged Mattie to use deodorant while they made this last movie that's out. I mean - take the fucking hint - if people publicly say you stink, then no, going au natural is not cutesy or environmentally conscious. It's just gross.

by Anonymousreply 68March 14, 2008 4:41 AM

I'll confirm the Matthew McBongo stories. Saw him in Austin at the anniversary of "dazed and confused" a few years ago. First, he's short-I'd say 5'8. He had on a gas station attendant's shirt-I'm sure he'd call it a "vintage relic" but to me it said "revolting vagrant", complete with sweat stains. And if the shirt didn't bowl you over, his hair would. Ooooof-greasier than vaseline dipped in Hawaiian tropic. And yes, he smelled.

by Anonymousreply 69March 14, 2008 4:44 AM

Why would anyone, celebrity or not, think it is sexy or acceptable to stink????

by Anonymousreply 70March 14, 2008 5:30 PM

Other than in the NBA where is 5'8" short?

by Anonymousreply 71March 14, 2008 10:07 PM

Five eight is borderline pocket gay.

by Anonymousreply 72March 14, 2008 10:16 PM

I head that Keanu Reeves was at an outdoor restaurant and his b.o. was so bad that they asked him to leave.

by Anonymousreply 73March 14, 2008 10:25 PM

Rex Harrison was extremely flatulent.

Julie Andrews once said in an interview that Rex would fart all through My Fair Lady at every Broadway performance.

by Anonymousreply 74March 14, 2008 10:59 PM

R74 I SO hope that is true. Cracked me up!

by Anonymousreply 75March 14, 2008 11:10 PM

Brad Pitt did get a reputation for being smelly. Has he cleaned up his act? Maybe, but I doubt Angelina Jolie would be repelled by a man who smells. She was married to Billy Bob Thornton, after all. I don't know if he smelled, but he was a major sleazebag.

Marilyn Monroe's maid did a tell-all book that revealed Marilyn to be a total slob. She rarely bathed. She lolled around naked in bed all day, would eat in the bed, get grease from her lamb chops and steak on the bedsheets which of course had to be changed. She also never wore pads when she had her period and would bleed all over the sheets which had to changed several times a day.

Courtney Love stinks. Reportedly, so did Kurt Cobain. But then most drug addicts stink. They don't bother to wash, they're so out of it.

by Anonymousreply 76March 14, 2008 11:37 PM

How did this thread get so long without some mention of Britney? First it was her rank cooter-shorts that she was photographed in for about 6 months straight. Then it was those boots she wears 24/7, which must be about rotted through by now.

And if that wasn't enough... the infamous "menstrual accident" photo should prove that this girl wins the Filth Sweepstakes.

by Anonymousreply 77March 14, 2008 11:56 PM

>>>Courtney Love stinks.

What's the difference betwen Courtney Love and a hockey player? The hockey player changes pads between periods.

by Anonymousreply 78March 15, 2008 12:02 AM

Michael Jackson't nickname used to be "Funky."

by Anonymousreply 79March 15, 2008 12:03 AM

"Rex Harrison was extremely flatulent.

Julie Andrews once said in an interview that Rex would fart all through My Fair Lady at every Broadway performance."

It's true, Julie revealed it in an interview with PLAYBOY, years ago.

by Anonymousreply 80March 15, 2008 12:04 AM

I know a guy who attended the same university as Caroline Kennedy-Yale? Harvard? who knows anymore. Anyway, she apparently did not feel the need to use deoadorant and it wasn't pleasant.

by Anonymousreply 81March 15, 2008 12:07 AM

Julie was just tittilated with the opportunity to say the word "fart"

by Anonymousreply 82March 15, 2008 12:07 AM

So many people desire Brad Pitt and Keanu Reeves...both of them have the reputation for being smelly. I don't believe Brad Pitt ever talked about "sexy showers" with Jennifer Aniston. That sounds like something a tabloid would make up.

Courtney Love is quite foul. Drug addicts tend to stink; they're so out of it it doesn't matter to them that they're dirty.

Marilyn Monroe rarely bathed, according to her maid.

by Anonymousreply 83March 15, 2008 1:58 AM

Clearly, these are self-absorbed people who think they DON'T stink. Got news for 'em.

by Anonymousreply 84March 15, 2008 2:23 AM

I heard Parker Posey smells like old soup.

by Anonymousreply 85March 15, 2008 2:24 AM

Mariah Carey has severe vaginosis.

by Anonymousreply 86March 15, 2008 2:26 AM

Kidman must like BO on a man -- she's dated Russell Crowe and Lenny Kravitz, who have famous hygiene problems.

Jerry Hall reputedly has severe BO. Mick Jagger even referred to it in a song on the album "She's The Boss". The line was "You smell like last Tuesday's fish." Hall supposedly once said she only washes her hair once every ten days or so.

by Anonymousreply 87March 15, 2008 3:15 AM

Cameron Diaz and Brad Pitt are voted the smelliest celebs most years. Russell Crowe, Ethan Hawke and McCaunahey (sp) are consistently in the top five for males.

by Anonymousreply 88March 15, 2008 3:23 AM

That's IT r59!! Some people's BO smells like parmesan cheese! Hmmm.....but....why?

by Anonymousreply 89March 15, 2008 4:51 AM

Some BO smells like old wine bottles too.

by Anonymousreply 90March 15, 2008 6:35 PM

Some smells like a moldy dishrag.

by Anonymousreply 91March 15, 2008 7:45 PM

That's mildew from their clothes.

by Anonymousreply 92March 15, 2008 8:03 PM

I've heard that Oprah smells like stinky old beer down there. Major vaginitis in a cunt as large as hers must reek like old vomited beer.

by Anonymousreply 93March 16, 2008 11:43 PM

Elaine Stritch has the WORST fucking breath on the planet. It smells like New York trash in August.

by Anonymousreply 94March 16, 2008 11:46 PM

Lenny Kravitz smells like Trinadadian cooter.

by Anonymousreply 95March 16, 2008 11:49 PM

Lady Bunny LOVES egg salad and sauerkraut hoagies and you would not believe how rancid her farts smell.

by Anonymousreply 96March 16, 2008 11:52 PM

I met Terrence Stamp once, and he had B.O.

by Anonymousreply 97March 16, 2008 11:53 PM

How about Simon Cowell? All that smoking must make him reek.

Ryan? I can't imagine he'd allow himself to smell any less than a buquet of flowers.

But how about Paula and Randy? I bet Paula smells when she's on a bender.

by Anonymousreply 98March 16, 2008 11:57 PM

Dakota Fanning smells like a mixture of Southern Comfort, Charlie Sheen's smegma, stale cigarettes, and regret.

by Anonymousreply 99March 17, 2008 12:00 AM

a lot of actors smell. cameron diaz is also reeky. This only goes to show how emotionally fucked up they are.

by Anonymousreply 100March 17, 2008 12:09 AM

I'd bet Cameron Diaz smells of Seale's Lotion.

by Anonymousreply 101March 17, 2008 1:47 AM

I'm quite sure I remember Brad Pitt himself admitting to being stinky, and not showering much.

Plus, there was a famous photo of him and several other stars on some magazine cover, and his white T-shirt had really obvious yellowing in the armpits.

by Anonymousreply 102April 22, 2008 6:28 AM

Lindsey Lohan smells like Quelle.

by Anonymousreply 103April 22, 2008 7:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!