Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The legendary "Milky Loads" ad

"I have a killer muscle ass that loves to milk loads with my power glutes."

For a long time Andrew Sullivan's infamous bareback sex ad had a mirror site that was still up. Does anyone still have a link to it?

by Anonymousreply 3802/12/2008

How did people know it was him, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 102/10/2008

Andrew himself confirmed that the ad was his.

by Anonymousreply 202/10/2008

Isn't it about time we got the whole milky loads thing behind us?

by Anonymousreply 302/10/2008

How's his health?

by Anonymousreply 402/10/2008

"Isn't it about time we got the whole milky loads thing behind us?"

No. Why?

by Anonymousreply 502/10/2008

"How did people know it was him, anyway?"

More gay men have seen and experienced the parts of him the ad featured than have seen his face.

by Anonymousreply 602/10/2008

No, r3, we shouldn't get it behind us. It was a hot fucking ad.

by Anonymousreply 702/10/2008

r2, what led anyone to think it was him?

by Anonymousreply 802/10/2008

"r2, what led anyone to think it was him?"

I'm guessing someone who tricked with him or knew him outed him. The email associated with the ad was his personal email as well.

by Anonymousreply 902/10/2008

Which of his faces are you referring to, R6?

by Anonymousreply 1002/10/2008

His screen name was rawmuscleglutes according to Michaelangelo Signorile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1102/10/2008

Someone who suspected it was him met up with him and busted him. That's how the ad was found out; Sullivan later confirmed it. And I think this should still be discussed, as Sullivan is a "do as I say, not as I do" asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1202/10/2008

I thought David E. busted him and the ad.

by Anonymousreply 1302/10/2008

Don't you guys remember the day that story broke, Datalounge was on top of it. There ended up being a discussion with over 1000 posts. If I remember correctly, someone made positive ID by responding to the ad and then met Sully at a gym. That clinched it. Plus a lot of people forget that Sully said he especially wanted "Black brothers" in his ad (with whom to share the virulent HIV loads bareback).

by Anonymousreply 1402/10/2008

John McMullen on the now defunct GAYBC radio network had a lot of coverage too.

by Anonymousreply 1502/10/2008

Sully's ads used to be preserved at this site for several years: milkyloads.tripod.com/

I guess there gone now. I really miss another site called Sullywatch that used to cover Sullivan's lies. But there's still one site left that monitors Andrew's spin:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1602/10/2008

Here you go. All the links still work in the way back machine:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1702/10/2008

The link above has both ads (just click on the 'AOL' and 'Bareback City' links on the page). You'll notice that in the AOL ad in which he called himself 'HARDnSOLID', he didn't disclose his HIV+ status to prospective barebackers.

by Anonymousreply 1802/10/2008

Here's one of the ads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1902/10/2008

At least he gives fair warning in that one ad by stating he is POZ.

by Anonymousreply 2002/10/2008

But by indicating his desire to participate in anonymous barebacking orgies, he would still attract HIV- men who wished to be gifted. Sullivan was essentially participating in "AIDS Gifting" by intentionally volunteering to inject HIV+ bodily fluids into men of whom he had no idea of their serostatus. This is totally unconscionable.

by Anonymousreply 2102/10/2008

Degrees from Oxford and Harvard and that's the best he could come up with?

by Anonymousreply 2202/10/2008

I'd be more pissed off by him misrepresenting himself. Muscleglutes? Hard and solid? I've seen Andrew on Commercial Street in P-town and he looks far from muscular or solid. He looks chubby and soft.

by Anonymousreply 2302/11/2008

Thanks r19, that was a hot ad! Though I never would respond to one, BAREBACK ADS ARE A MAJOR TURN-ON.

by Anonymousreply 2402/11/2008

Well, keep in mind, r23, that the scandal broke eight years ago when Sully was 38. Now he's 46--that's a period of big change for most men in terms of their bodies.

He also is pretty short, and muscle on short guys always looks like fat when they're dressed up. But he HAS become much softer and chubbier in recent years.

by Anonymousreply 2502/11/2008

"Well, keep in mind, r23, that the scandal broke eight years ago when Sully was 38. Now he's 46--that's a period of big change for most men in terms of their bodies."

That or he laid off of the roids.

by Anonymousreply 2602/11/2008

The only thing remakrable about those ads at all is the one really great ass hot. If that really was his ass once upon a time he could be really proud of it. Otherwise he looks like a woodchuck with a fat neck.

by Anonymousreply 2702/11/2008

>> Don't you guys remember the day that story broke, Datalounge was on top of it. There ended up being a discussion with over 1000 posts.

And about half of them were from Ehrenstein. He kept reporting back how he was contacting Sullivan's employers, past and present, to tell them about the ad.

by Anonymousreply 2802/11/2008

Was he lying about his age then?

by Anonymousreply 2902/11/2008

I believe at the time Sully wrote on his blog about having some kind of fat pad growth on the back of his neck and around his midriff from AIDS cocktails. Not sure if he had cosmetic surgery to remove them or what but I wonder how he affords to pay for all these expensive treatments considering he has been unemployed for long periods of time.

by Anonymousreply 3002/11/2008

>> he has been unemployed for long periods of time.

He's nevr lacking for work. I don't know what planet you live on.

by Anonymousreply 3102/11/2008

"I believe at the time Sully wrote on his blog about having some kind of fat pad growth on the back of his neck and around his midriff from AIDS cocktails."

The dreaded "crix belly."

Now he's fat all over he does have to worry about it--or about facial wasting. (Another benefit of being a bear: goatees hide facial wasting.)

by Anonymousreply 3202/11/2008

The muscle ass milking loads with power glutes phrase still is one the funniest things I have ever heard. I picture something 1930ish in a dairy with shiny white brick tiles up and a whoosh whoosh whoosh sound sloppily repeating.

by Anonymousreply 3302/11/2008

[italic]If that really was his ass once upon a time he could be really proud of it. Otherwise he looks like a woodchuck with a fat neck.[/italic]

Oh Datalounge, thank you! ROTFLMAO!!

by Anonymousreply 3402/11/2008

It's funny how Sully endorses the Presidential candidate he would most like to have sex with, like Bush back in 2000 and Obama in 2008. But I don't understand why he would be a fan of Ron Paul.

by Anonymousreply 3502/11/2008

I love how on DL, anyone who is positive is either wasting or has crix belly (or both!). If they weren't poz, they'd just be called fat or skinny.

by Anonymousreply 3602/11/2008

Crix belly is different from being fat.

The cocktail makes all your body fat gather in certain parts of your body, such as on the back of your neck or in your belly. It laves other areas of your body like your face, which leads to facial wasting.

You can have something like 6% bodyfat (which is very little) and still look like you have a gut because of crix belly.

by Anonymousreply 3702/11/2008

"He's nevr lacking for work. I don't know what planet you live on."

After he quit (was fired?) New Republic, he was unemployed for quite a while. For years afterwards he said New Republic had agreed to keep paying his insurance coverage even though he wasn't an employee. There was some kind of kick-back or squirrely shenanigans there. Who knows what deal they cut.

by Anonymousreply 3802/12/2008
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!