Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

You Stupid Cunts

Anyone can get a gun in the US.

Then they can do whatever they want with it.

Stop looking so stunned when there are mass shootings.

[bold]YOU[/bold] encorage and let that happen.

by Anonymousreply 25December 7, 2007 3:19 PM

Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2007 11:04 AM

So many deaths.

So much "well it's our right"

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2007 11:17 AM

Guns are easy to get in Canada, but this just doesn't seem to happen there. It's right to ask why the hell American, in particular, are so violent. And to keep asking and keep asking until we change.

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2007 11:21 AM

Encorage?

You know, the slightest little flaw can ruin your big drama queen moment.

That's why you should always carry around The Electronic Oxford English Dictionary.�

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2007 11:21 AM

Well, judging by the tone of your post, OP, I guess you've got your own Kalashnikov cocked and ready to go...

What part of the country are you in?

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2007 11:59 AM

this may sound a BIT paranoid.....but....take away the RIGHT to BEAR ARMS....and the Bushiesare that much closer to there dictatorship....just saying

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2007 1:53 PM

Well it's the flyover states where all these wackos go beserk and do mass killings.

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2007 1:57 PM

I think it's atrocious that people are saying young men shouldn't be able to bare their arms. Why, there's nothing as lovely in the spring and summer as hot, young guys with their hairy forearms shining in the sun...

What? Ohhh, that's different. Never mind!

by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2007 1:58 PM

Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people.

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2007 2:03 PM

You know, you're right OP. Maybe we should set up organizations to promote gun control and enact laws and stuff--nah, we're too stupid.

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2007 2:03 PM

Umm, r3, the mall shooting in Omaha was one day short of the 18th anniversary of the Montreal Massacre, when Marc Lepine killed 14 young women at the Ecole Polytechnique.

Granted, that incident encouraged Canada to stiffen gun regulations, but there have been incidents since then. Just last fall a shooter entered Dawson College in Montreal and one person was killed, several others injured. Swift police action was the only thing preventing it from being much worse.

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2007 2:16 PM

So, OP, what are you doing to further gun control in the United States?

Posting on DL does not count.

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2007 2:19 PM

Anyone can get a gun in Switzerland, too, but you don't see the same kind of violence there as in America.

I personally like Chris Rock's thoughts on guns:

[italic]You don�t need no gun control. You know what you need? We need some bullet control. Man, we need to control the bullets, that�s right. I think all bullets should cost $5,000. $5,000 for a bullet. You know why? �Cause if a bullet costs $5000 there�d be no more innocent bystanders. That�d be it. Every time someone gets shot, people will be like� �Shit, they put $50,000 worth of bullets in his ass.� People would think before they killed somebody, if a bullet cost $5,000. �Man, l would blow your fucking head off, if l could afford it.� ��You better hope l can�t get no bullets on layaway.�[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2007 2:21 PM

I think Michael Morre said pretty much the same thing about bullets, didn't he?

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2007 2:22 PM

What bothered me most was when I realized I've been to Omaha EIGHT TIMES.

by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2007 2:29 PM

r14, who is Michael Morre? Never heard of him.

by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2007 2:36 PM

There have been school (or mass) shootings in Russia, Serbia, Japan and Europe and as noted above Canada.

Stricter gun control would stop impulsive shootings, most of them probably domestic and divorce related, but people who "plan to be famous"? They will just find another way. This shooter had a bomb in his car, right? Right.

If he had no gun, he could have just planted bombs all over the mall, and then there would be bitching for tighter fertilizer control.

When a mind snaps, it snaps, it doesn't matter what legislation exists.

by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2007 2:36 PM

Except Chris Rock said it first, R14. Many years before Moore.

by Anonymousreply 18December 7, 2007 2:36 PM

You can say whatever you want about access to handguns. Why in the sam fucking hell are SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT RIFLES legal in this country?

by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2007 2:39 PM

OP - explain Bruce and Rosemary West in terms of UK vs USA. For a small country you've got your share of sadists, rippers (Royal rippers at that!) and child killers, eh?

by Anonymousreply 20December 7, 2007 2:40 PM

i was stunned when i went into walmart over thanksgiving to buy a shotgun (long story) and walked out with one less than thirty minutes later. the one attempt at security was that an asst manager walked the gun to the front door before handing it to me.

a shotgun.

with ammo.

in less than half and hour.

by Anonymousreply 21December 7, 2007 2:41 PM

And where might that be, JOsh? Should I stay home this weekend?

by Anonymousreply 22December 7, 2007 2:42 PM

Every idiot in the country should own an ak47. The gun makers NEED to make money. Who makes our guns, anyway...

by Anonymousreply 23December 7, 2007 2:54 PM

unless you're one of the coyotes plaguing my chickens, you should be safe, r22.

no promises tho. who knows when i'll snap.

by Anonymousreply 24December 7, 2007 3:10 PM

You only need permits for handguns, not shotguns and rifles.

by Anonymousreply 25December 7, 2007 3:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!