Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Down and Out in Paris and London

An Orwellian classic or a modern manual for living?

by Anonymousreply 224April 13, 2024 6:16 AM

Onward.

by Anonymousreply 1March 17, 2024 10:53 PM

Once more outside the frame.

by Anonymousreply 2March 17, 2024 11:18 PM

It CAN be done!

by Anonymousreply 3March 17, 2024 11:35 PM

Again?

by Anonymousreply 4March 18, 2024 1:34 AM

"Style as a charitable thrifty endeavor." The universe and the light limned together so I could find this super looking jacket for only four quids, I mean quid - that's "pounds" to you proles who don't know...it makes me look just like Friedrich from THE SOUND OF MUSIC, n'est pas? That means "don't it?" for you peasants who don't know, bless your dumb prole hearts. That jacket costs hundreds of thousands of quids in the real world where I used to live. Sure, it smells a little musty, but that is the musky musk that brings tears to my eyes as I inhale its essence deeply from the armpits of the crinkly shirts that lie limned on my crumpled bed. I weep uncontrollably as I behold them, knowing I will never wash them and will soon be the toast of tout Paris - "tout" means "all", and is not a drug reference in any way, just so you know.

Isn't my life great?!! And I'm writing a book too!

by Anonymousreply 5March 18, 2024 5:36 PM

Merrily we roll along!

by Anonymousreply 6March 18, 2024 5:47 PM

After exiting through "my garden gate" - isn't that sweetly poetic, "friends?" I proceeded to Starbucks, where I had a filling breakfast of "coffee and porridge" - that's what the English call "oatmeal" in case you don't know, and I like to use as many English terms as possible as I traipse around the city, spending my few quids here and there. I linger longer over my spare fare, as I wait vacuously for the porridge to do its magic, so I can evacuate in the Starbucks loo - that's "toilet" in case you don't know, and then vacate the premises pronto, after inhaling deeply the essence of the exited excrement. Then it's "onward" (my favorite word!) for the daily trudge around the city, lingering on Waterloo Bridge (get it? "water"+ "loo" - everything connects!!) to snap a few selfies featuring my lopsided lips curved into a smartly sardonic "smile." (As you can see, the frames of my glasses suit my "aesthetic" - and I got them for free, in case you don't know!) Then it's back to the tramp around the city for this tramp - oops, make that "pilgrim" before I begin to wonder whether I should perhaps precipitate my own personal Waterloo by executing a swan dive into the Thames - but I have miles to go before I leap. (that's from a famous poem, in case you didn't know) - Onward!!

by Anonymousreply 7March 19, 2024 6:10 PM

Fellow travelers- will you join us as we navigate our narrative?

by Anonymousreply 8March 19, 2024 11:46 PM

I won't ever forget the part in this book where the hobo comes on to him for sex.

by Anonymousreply 9March 19, 2024 11:49 PM

Just make an orange oil cake and dance in the Light.

by Anonymousreply 10March 20, 2024 12:01 AM

So he's posting his novel in installments... "Unanswered Prayers?" I'll be sure to put this on my "cultural calendar," as he likes to say...

by Anonymousreply 11March 20, 2024 12:21 AM

Kevin Sessums thread.

by Anonymousreply 12March 20, 2024 2:27 PM

Today he shoves a steaming pile of excreta from his "novel" into our unwilling consciousness. There are NO WORDS to describe it; well, maybe a few: "horrifying"; "ghastly"; "jaw droppingly awful"; "incomprehensible."

He appears to be vying for the title of "World's Longest Run On Sentence" - and this installment has two serious contenders. Should this disjointed, amateurish piece of SHIT ever find its way to any living literary agent and/or publishing concern, the laughter will be heard ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE ATLANTICI!

And we all know it, but it bears repeating: something is SERIOUSLY wrong with this person. SERIOUSLY!!!

by Anonymousreply 13March 21, 2024 8:02 PM

We’re also treated to disgusting pics of overcooked salmon dinner plops “nested” over microwave rice 🤣

A few quid kids - bargain! Bav muses he’d eat every day if he were home and his busy schedule of grifting permitted.

Er, remember you don’t actually HAVE a home.

by Anonymousreply 14March 21, 2024 11:48 PM

Oh no no no, R14...that is "basmati rice from MARKS & SPENCER!!"

(...and the landlady's olive oil....)

by Anonymousreply 15March 21, 2024 11:53 PM

🤣🤣 indeed it is! Can’t wait for culinary delights rustled up for peu euros.

by Anonymousreply 16March 22, 2024 12:01 AM

George Orwell is a favorite author 😎 . I recall last summer this subject baked a cake that failed. Rather than toss the mess, the subject shoved crumbs into a baggie, tore a corner of paper from a bag and scrawled happy anniversary on it for his hosts.

In my family, this is the kind of thing that will get you told off to your face and talked about behind your back for years.

by Anonymousreply 17March 22, 2024 12:57 AM

I'm pretty sure Doctor and Mrs Brother have had plenty to say about him outside of his earshot. Would love to hear the half of it!

by Anonymousreply 18March 22, 2024 1:33 AM

Him = Kevin Sessums

by Anonymousreply 19March 22, 2024 6:06 AM

What light or indeed limned enlightenment awaits us today?

by Anonymousreply 20March 22, 2024 8:01 AM

I suppose it's more abuse of an elderly HIV+ man in recovery from substance abuse, with obvious psychological problems, and definite financial problems. But hey, escapist dopamine hits at the expense of an extremely minor public figure feel great, don't they?

by Anonymousreply 21March 22, 2024 8:58 AM

Too bad his writing isn't as tight as his jackets!

by Anonymousreply 22March 22, 2024 3:21 PM

Quid= the plural of Quid

by Anonymousreply 23March 22, 2024 3:34 PM

R19

by Anonymousreply 24March 22, 2024 3:44 PM

Is the new exerpt from his “novel” on his FB page or do you have to be one of his dad Shitstack subscribers?

by Anonymousreply 25March 22, 2024 4:29 PM

You have to be a paid subscriber. It has never been discussed or commented on thus far by any of his FB followers, even though he has squirted out a few hideous excerpts.

by Anonymousreply 26March 23, 2024 1:12 AM

The excerpt is mind dumbing.

by Anonymousreply 27March 23, 2024 1:50 AM

Here's instructions on how to subscribe on substack!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 23, 2024 4:00 AM

He's trying to make #landslidejoe a thing now.

by Anonymousreply 29March 23, 2024 3:44 PM

Such an influencer!

by Anonymousreply 30March 23, 2024 5:08 PM

Pestering Billy Crudup today between performances, and pathetically attempting to flirt, telling him he "practically lives with him" at his Air Bnb since his landlady watches him on some morning show. Ewwww -

And the rest is "off the record" - that's the part where Crudup tells him to BEAT IT.

by Anonymousreply 31March 23, 2024 7:58 PM

Nobody needs to encourage that r28

by Anonymousreply 32March 23, 2024 10:56 PM

“… after he was ostracized by his New York sorority of society grand dames, a bank of the old birds blasé with too much Blass”

The sheer hackery is breathtaking.

by Anonymousreply 33March 24, 2024 1:51 AM

Self delusion, down PAT: "...arriving home after another long day of culture and cafes and unexpected conversations and friends and writing and navigating this pilgrim's life i now lead..."

Translation: "...trudging wearily back to the AirBnb, the comfort of a taxi far beyond my pitiful means, after another long and purposeless day camped out in coffee shops, ignoring the glares of staff, as I buy very little and tip even less, their tolerance frayed to ribbons by my constant attempts to engage them "conversations"...trying desperately to think of someone I might scare up who'll pick up a lunch check, dozing through yet another ballet, and hoping I can hoof it to Pret before closing time for half price salmon and maybe sushi if I'm lucky...then swiping those books off my pillow and crawl into my lonely bed, wondering tiredly what it's all about, and how did I get here..?zzzzz

by Anonymousreply 34March 26, 2024 8:03 PM

I looked at the Instagram page. A photo of a sushi meal looks quite greasy and unappealing.

It could be me, I hate most food pics

by Anonymousreply 35March 26, 2024 8:05 PM

I was in Paris a few days ago - alas too early for a heightened Bav encounter - saw a Pret, laughed to myself and thought of my fellow grim pillagers.

by Anonymousreply 36March 26, 2024 11:27 PM

It’s the opening night of Opening Night, and he’s going to shit all over it because he loses his mind whenever people he regards as contemporaries do something relevant.

In his mind, the only way forward is to repost pieces from his past, accompanied by uncredited photos he finds on Google image search..

Just like Feud/Swans, he makes a big deal out of being very dear/deep friends with the creator, then proceeds to trash them.

If you’re defending this dickwad at this point, I have news for you. He would not piss on you if you were on fire.

by Anonymousreply 37March 27, 2024 4:22 AM

Nobody on any of these threads is defending Kevin Sessums. You're not interested in hearing that what you're doing is in these threads nasty and inhumane, despite what a terrible person he is.

by Anonymousreply 38March 27, 2024 6:47 AM

Why would anyone “defend” him? His actions, attitude, and social media presence are all terrible. And he is a cunt to people often. I simply don’t believe that eight real people W&W’d your post.

His latest FB post is another in his “I was just recognized!” series of some poor woman who reads his posts and just had to go over and gas him up.

by Anonymousreply 39March 27, 2024 4:03 PM

I didn't write this, but I saved it and repost it when we get a new version of Captain-Save-A-Hoe stop by and try to defend this asshole's "honor." Stop caping for one of the biggest assholes on the planet. He wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

Here's why we hate him: “He was a writer with VF years ago. Complete snob. Was a total cunt to people when he was mixing in high circles, was always cheap never picked up a check even when he could. Had a magnificent fall from grace because he was a meth head. Ran around the wharf in Provincetown naked shouting that he needed to get fucked RIGHT NOW. Moved to San Francisco and was given a magazine to edit and was again a total cunt so lost that. Grifted $12k for his dead dog and kept the money because his 'higher power' told him to. Fucked off to Hudson, NY where he perved on baristas and boys in artisan coffee shops, hung round in his friends 'atelier' and grifted a job from a Congressman friend who had him on the payroll for little to no work. Lost that job then ignominiously left Hudson (abandoning two cats and leaving his rented apartment, which was a walk up he insisted on calling a loft, like a filthy hovel). Set out on his 'pilgrimage' of living hand to mouth and homeless in Airbnb’s in London and Paris and at 67 making the worst possible decisions for someone at his stage in life. That is the condensed version but tl;dr he was and is a cunt.”

by Anonymousreply 40March 27, 2024 8:02 PM

He was also handed a cushy job at The Curran in San Francisco which he utterly fucked. Additionally conned publishers into volume two of his “autobiography” and lest we forget his Grazia Editor-at-Large gig swiftly cancelled as he was more interested in scoring … free tickets than filing coherent copy. Sessums “magazine” the forerunner grift to his shitstack featuring recycled Vanity Fair copy, stolen images he doesn’t own copyright and addled ramblings.

by Anonymousreply 41March 28, 2024 12:00 AM

Don't forget the $44,000 he owes us! We haven't.

by Anonymousreply 42March 28, 2024 12:04 AM

Bav has bought some books for his Parisian soujourn - all the better to decorate a bed with. He’s uniquely qualified for his reading choices as he “possesses the aesthetic interest and curiosity that can encompass wanting to read both books.”

Jesus H Christ what an insufferable cunt!

by Anonymousreply 43March 28, 2024 12:55 AM

what books?

by Anonymousreply 44March 28, 2024 12:59 AM

Also let’s not forget Finn and Maddie, the cats he adopted to use for internet clout then abandoned when he got bored with them.

by Anonymousreply 45March 28, 2024 1:01 AM

Does he worry about shigella from preparing food on the Parisian toilet? If his gums are rotting and some of the many toilet to mouth diseases pass into his blood, he could get deathly sick.

by Anonymousreply 46March 28, 2024 1:03 AM

Furthermore…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 28, 2024 2:14 AM

R38 Nasty and inhumane? That describes the things you've posted about two other writers. I'll name them if you want, but you've been called out on this before. This is a fucking celebrity gossip website. Sit the fuck down and examine why it is that you are losing your fucking mind over the fact that we are shit-talking one obscure writer.

by Anonymousreply 48March 28, 2024 5:29 AM

The thing I don’t get about the Sessums threads is that here this guy is, obviously a malignant narcissist, sociopath and gross-out troll yet all these folks watch his every move. I don’t even get HOW you do it, let alone WHY. It seems like you’re giving him exactly what he wants by focusing all this attention on his pitiful life.

I guess you all do you and I won’t bat an eyelash and I’ll keep playing “which thread is the stealth Sessums thread today?” But I had my fill of him back in the day when he thought I gave a rat’s ass about him and not the celeb he was allegedly interviewing for VF. I don’t wanna know what his meth-addled ass is up to now.

by Anonymousreply 49March 28, 2024 5:52 AM

R49 Great. So why are you posting in an obscure thread that you likely had to search for?

by Anonymousreply 50March 28, 2024 5:56 AM

R50 I asked myself the same thing halfway through but by that point I was soldiering on so I thought I’d see it through.

Firstly, I didn’t have to search for it. R48 posted a bit before I got online so it was bumped to near the top—six or eight down, anyway.

Secondly, and more importantly, I think I just want to know the answer as to why folks keep following him. I’m not asking in a snide or deprecating way. I’m not sea-lioning. I genuinely want to know why people who have dealt with narcissists continue to give this particular (and particularly gross) narcissist any attention at all. I had a narcissist parent and the joy of that still wrecks my life. I can’t imagine wanting to stay exposed to that. When I do follow the doings of narcissists it’s because something about them interests me, e.g. Sharon Osbourne and her business acumen. I personally find naught about this dude interesting.

I know people who used to be on these threads on the regular had been done over by him in some way, like he killed their pets smoking meth in their house or something. I read the threads actively for awhile to see if anybody engaged him in contretemps but got bored around the time Ali McGraw was supposed to wash his underwear.

So there is that answer.

by Anonymousreply 51March 28, 2024 8:04 AM

He's kind of like a one-man Real Housewives saga, in upside down world, for old gays who have low tolerance for deluded messiness.

by Anonymousreply 52March 28, 2024 8:15 AM

Muriel, close this thread and ban and redtag this OP.

by Anonymousreply 53March 28, 2024 1:30 PM

Muriel, ban R53.

by Anonymousreply 54March 28, 2024 1:38 PM

If you don't like what you see here, scroll on, instead of scolding...

by Anonymousreply 55March 28, 2024 3:32 PM

[QUOTE] I know people who used to be on these threads on the regular

No, you didn’t. You’re making this up.

by Anonymousreply 56March 28, 2024 4:46 PM

lol at the troll w&w its own post at R54.

And no. These threads will be sent to Muriel and they will be shut down.

by Anonymousreply 57March 28, 2024 4:50 PM

Again with the crying over the dead parents!! "Thank you for fucking..." NICE! Long lugubrious screed ending with this: "I am finding new ways to experience pleasure that is no longer simply the search for the sexual..." Absolutely NAUSEATING!

Gives new meaning to "I just threw up in my mouth a little..!"

by Anonymousreply 58March 28, 2024 4:54 PM

No one is forcing you to be here - we find "naught about you" interesting -

by Anonymousreply 59March 28, 2024 5:03 PM

“Captain Save-a-Ho” (that is hysterical, btw) is really making herself into a new character in the Bav-iverse.

The use of the term “sea-lioning” seems Bav-adjacent.

by Anonymousreply 60March 28, 2024 6:03 PM

It’s his birthday. 🥳

by Anonymousreply 61March 28, 2024 7:26 PM

OG Bav wrote a really nice comment under his post where he thanks his parents for fucking and they come back to haunt his psychotic ass. Of course he couldn't be arsed to even click the 'like' button on it.

by Anonymousreply 62March 28, 2024 7:36 PM

Someone should bake him a lemon olive oil cake with cat hair for his birthday!

by Anonymousreply 63March 28, 2024 10:29 PM

The average 16-year-old girl doesn’t make the enormous event out of her birthday that our Bav has. It started with the first day of the month and Bav squealing “It’s my birthday month!” And it’s gone on almost daily since then. Today started out with one of his exceedingly thoughtful, articulate posts in which he thanks his parents “for fucking.” Bav may be elderly, but gosh he is just so edgy!

Since this morning, he has posted approximately a dozen more happy birthday posts honoring himself. My personal favorite is the one where he bought a box of day-old flowers and pretends they’re from Ned:

“ Small-town London. It takes a lot to shock me but I was pleasantly surprised and taken aback when I got home tonight and discovered these birthday flowers had been delivered to me from a friend. Deeply touched. It is a friend I keep walled off from social media - see: I do maintain boundaries in my life for cherished corners - but these were so beautiful I wanted to share them. A lovely way to end my birthday.”

LOL

by Anonymousreply 64March 29, 2024 3:33 AM

Addict has no boundaries. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 65March 29, 2024 6:36 AM

Yes r64 I think of it as the birthday grift - those Cho Allen gift cards aren’t going to top themselves up!

by Anonymousreply 66March 29, 2024 9:18 AM

Is it still Bav's burfday yet? Still blathering how it's not really about him, but sharing the love with his many friends?

by Anonymousreply 67March 30, 2024 1:27 AM

Messhy Pusshy Pilgrimage

by Anonymousreply 68March 30, 2024 12:48 PM

Holy hell, he is STILL talking about his birthday! And posting a picture of a handsome, well-built young man who works at his HIV clinic to whom he gifted flowers. I do wonder if he tells people he is going to post their picture on social media or if he simply asks “Can I snap a pic” without telling them he’s going to use them for content opportunities.

by Anonymousreply 69March 30, 2024 3:37 PM

Tomorrow he alights in gay Paree! The plan calls for a pilgrimage to the Steps of Doom, where (despite a touch of PTSD) he plans to "pay witness to all that has happened since the moment I failed to walk down it." He then plans to bravely WALK DOWN THOSE STEPS again, "the descending a kind of ascension blah, blah, blah..."

Think there's any chance he'll trip again?

by Anonymousreply 70March 31, 2024 2:33 AM

Maybe he's just gonna pay a witness to watch him fall again, so he can sue!

by Anonymousreply 71March 31, 2024 2:36 AM

Have a nice trip, see ya next fall!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 72March 31, 2024 3:39 AM

And he has not learned his lesson. Instead of traveling light, he's accumulated dozens of musty-smelling articles of used clothing at charity shops in London. So he's going to run head-first into the same situation he did before -- hauling tons of used ladies' Eileen Fisher mothball-smelling smocks packed densely in cheap suitcases up and down the steps of the Paris Metro. All the while pretending to "pray" and "pay it forward" while he contemplates how to stiff the next waiter he encounters and grift a free meal from the suckers he's cultivated over the years. An absolute douchebag of a human being.

by Anonymousreply 73March 31, 2024 5:56 AM

In a belated response to R49 - I’d never heard of Bav until stumbling upon these threads shortly before Sissy stumbled down the Metro Stair herself. He was an engrossing train wreck and the backstory / commentary was funny as hell.

Bav’s postings did get boring during his Dr Brother stay, and have only gotten more tediously repetitive back in Small London Towne - but these threads are still often quite hysterical. I haven’t really looked at any of his postings in a few months, but check these Verboten Cliff Notes on the regular.

by Anonymousreply 74March 31, 2024 1:52 PM

R73 - he has hoodwinked the ever tolerant London landlady into allowing him to store "several suitcases" of his moth eaten, stinky winter clothing - sweaters, coats and shoes - at her home. Appalling, since he's not due back in London until next year!!

He's also resurrected his claim of planning to "walk the Camino for two months" - file that one under "finish writing a book!"

by Anonymousreply 75March 31, 2024 3:40 PM

The last time I saw Paris, Metro stairs got in the way

‘Twas there I broke my shoulder, but I wouldn’t stay

The French offered to fix it free, but I was gone that day

Then I flew to New York, where everyone made me pay

So then I flew to New Mexico and ended up in Santa Fe

Where they fixed my shoulder the very next day

Alas, Ali McG never scrubbo’d me drawers

Before my sister showed up and Winnebago’d me away.

She drove to Mississippi - I saw Texas and Louisiana along the way

To my doctor/brother’s house, outside of which I can stay

As long as I sleep in the guesthouse and disappear all day

Now I’m back in Paris, where I cook on the toilet seat

Where everything connects eventually

Because in Paris you can shit where you eat

by Anonymousreply 76March 31, 2024 5:05 PM

“Why, hello there, Bav. I’ve been waiting for your return. Please come in. Step down this way…”

by Anonymousreply 77March 31, 2024 7:12 PM

BAVO r76! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

by Anonymousreply 78March 31, 2024 9:46 PM

The woman in the bakery remembers him. The homeless guy in the street remembers him.

SURE, Jan....!

by Anonymousreply 79March 31, 2024 10:20 PM

"...here was even the same elderly homeless man encamped on the same block of Haussmann. We nodded a familiar hello. Then I turned back and offered him the bread to pay some kindness forward and he beamed as I handed it to him after asking if he would like it. It was a fleeting moment that felt like an Easter communion."

No good deed goes unpublished on all of his socials.

by Anonymousreply 80March 31, 2024 10:27 PM

Was our intrepid pilgrim seeing his own REFLECTION?

by Anonymousreply 81April 1, 2024 1:39 AM

You got that right, R80.

by Anonymousreply 82April 1, 2024 2:39 AM

How fucking weird. I just started reading this book.

by Anonymousreply 83April 1, 2024 2:50 AM

Paris is going to be juicy. Remember last year? First of all he was in a tiny Airbnb, in which our official Poet Laureate R76 has pointed out, Bav used to cook his meals on the back of the pissoir. He would sit around and whack off when the maid came once a week (not that he's attracted to women, but he gets off on the notion that underpaid minions are working to clean up the filth he leaves everywhere). Within about two weeks, the maid threatened to quit if Bav did not vacate the premises while she cleaned. The owner of the Airbnb read Bav the riot act, told him to leave the maid the fuck alone and also told him he was not welcome back, ever.

And let's not forget Bav's general vagrancy in Paris. He would routinely take his stanky, used-women's-clothes wearing ass into Christian Dior or Gucci, and just sit his shit-encrusted ass down on the boyfriend chairs and dare the young staff to call him out. He'd sit there and pretend to read James Baldwin (because honestly, as fucking if). Then if someone famous came in (like Mick Jagger) he would lose his fucking mind and stagger up to him and present his half-toothless stroke inflicted face. And he actually asked Mick Jagger if he could take a picture with him and Mick said "No you cannot you fucking smelly ass, crooked-faced bitch."

So we have this to look forward to. Bav going into high-end shops and sitting around pretending to either read or write books. I love this little town! I love Paris in the springtime! Bring it on!

by Anonymousreply 84April 1, 2024 7:26 AM

He's already gotten yelled at for using some neighborhood cafe's internet. (and not buying anything, of course). Then we are treated to some exterior views of his ominous and seedy looking Air Bnb.

I had forgotten about the trips to Christian Dior and other high end shops to lurk in a corner and "work." Paris does not like his skanky ass -

by Anonymousreply 85April 1, 2024 2:24 PM

Did the Mick Jagger incident actually happen?

by Anonymousreply 86April 1, 2024 2:26 PM

Yes - but IIRC Bav was too afraid to approach him.

by Anonymousreply 87April 1, 2024 2:30 PM

R86, yes. He approached and tried to remind (with limited success it seemed) Jagger of some long past VF story about The Women of the Rolling Stones or some such, and got rebuffed when he asked for a photo/selfie.

by Anonymousreply 88April 1, 2024 3:09 PM

“But, but, Mick, I once wrote a Shitstack all about Bianca!”

by Anonymousreply 89April 1, 2024 4:49 PM

From April 22, 2023:

"Okay. I have sort of buried the lede today. After posting my latest SES/SUMS IT UP column at Substack, which is an In Memoriam one for Barry Humphries/Dame Edna Everage, I needed a long walk so headed over to Avenue Montaigne for the first part of it. Read at my favorite spot in the Dior Store. And then was going to walk to the Eiffel Tower and turn back down Montaigne, up Champs-Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe and then back down Haussmann to my place. I had carved out two or three hours to meander and meditate. As I walked on past Prada after reading my book for a bit in Dior, I thought: I never go in there - into Prada - and the male mannequin in the window had made me smile with his red checked mackintosh as if a table cloth had been reconfigured. So I turned around and went inside. Not sure why. Just felt the impulse. Never had before. It's a small store and downstairs is women's attire and shoes. That took about a minute. Shrugged. But as I was leaving I decided, no, head up to the men's floor and check out the checks. So I did.

Once up there, I started browsing through the shelf on the back wall - just me and another couple of guys. I turned to my right and it was suddenly like spotting an old comet that still had its fucking tail of light and could still astonish. So that's why I was there, I realized.

"May I shake your hand," I asked once I got my bearings, instead of referencing the tail.

"Sure," said Mick Jagger. So we shook hands.

I then asked him for a photo but he declined that. I laughed. "Well, I had to ask. All you could say was no - and you did." We spoke for a bit and I told him we had some mutual friends. I named a couple. His own friend he was with seemed to recognize me when I introduced myself but I didn't get his name.

I said my goodbyes and left them to browse but then it dawned on me. I turned back.

"Mick," I said. "The first story I ever did at Vanity Fair was 'The Women Who Still Sleep with The Rolling Stones.' I just fucking remembered that. Duh. Everything connects." He grinned. "I remember that story."

I then told him one of my fondest memories is spending time with Charlie and Shirley Watts at their horse farm. His grin turned wistful at that. I liked leaving Mick Jagger in a wistful mood. As I left Prada, I had to grin myself at having finally recited that title to Mick Jagger's face. And what a face it is. I had posted a poem about W.H. Auden's funeral by Stephen Spender at the end of my Barry Humphries column because Spender was Humphries father-in-law. And Jagger has a bit of Auden's look now, a life carved cartographically into it, geographical, geological. But, gee, man, what a fucking face still. He might not be the star he was - I might have been the only person there who recognized him - but he's still a comet. I still could sense his light.

I love this little town."

by Anonymousreply 90April 1, 2024 6:24 PM

gaaaaaa

by Anonymousreply 91April 1, 2024 6:27 PM

He cannot leave people alone, it’s pathological. Inserting his smelly drawers into their narrative.

by Anonymousreply 92April 1, 2024 6:37 PM

R90. I’m pretty sure others recognized Mick in Prada. They were just polite enough to leave him alone.

by Anonymousreply 93April 1, 2024 7:11 PM

Mick Jagger is one of those people who is sort of easy to recognize.

by Anonymousreply 94April 1, 2024 8:10 PM

Hey, guess whose birthday it is today? I'll give you one clue: Scrubbo me drawers!

by Anonymousreply 95April 1, 2024 8:37 PM

First spinach egg plop of the Parisian season in the books!

by Anonymousreply 96April 1, 2024 8:38 PM

That whole story is mighty fishy!

by Anonymousreply 97April 1, 2024 10:08 PM

NAUSEATING. Just NAUSEATING.

Meanwhile, back in Paree, he saw a blue cloud and hallucinated that it was a blue angel.

by Anonymousreply 98April 1, 2024 10:31 PM

So he selects the cheapest attic hovel in the most irrelevant section of Paris, then gums it up with his little Scotch taped postcards and posters. This place is something like 200 SF, yet he is going to stink it up every night by making spinach, blue cheese, expired egg plop laced with crooked-ass Bav-o-lantern meth-mouth drool. I love this little town. Onward! Everything connects! That amorphous blue shape in the sky is a combination of Ali MacGraw and Mick Jagger talking to me. I am going to give them my Venmo now because Finn and Mattie would have wanted me to rob people.

by Anonymousreply 99April 2, 2024 4:32 AM

R87 I just want to point out that you do this all the time : "Yes - but IIRC Bav was too afraid to approach him —much less ask for a selfie."

You are continually presented with evidence that you are wrong. Bav, in his own words, approached him and asked for a selfie. Think about why you continue to cape for this asshole. He wouldn't ever do the same for you. Maybe it's a humiliation kink on your part, or maybe you're just dumb as fuck.

Or more likely, both.

by Anonymousreply 100April 2, 2024 5:36 AM

[QUOTE] Small-town Paris. “I am taking your photo,” I said to the two young men as we all walked toward each other, none of us breaking our strides. “There is no way I’m not.” I don’t know if they spoke English but my appreciation of them and their assumption of appreciation translated well. We smiled before we all - no strides broken - continued on our way, they to broker their youth in this city that accepts it as currency and me to broker my aging because it too has a currency accepted here. Onward …

CREEPY PSYCHO!

by Anonymousreply 101April 2, 2024 7:54 PM

R100: beware the hostile fag...

by Anonymousreply 102April 2, 2024 8:25 PM

Apparently the two are Tyrone Dylan Susman and Willy Cartier, r101.

by Anonymousreply 103April 2, 2024 11:46 PM

I need to get Eiffel Towered RIGHT NOW!

by Anonymousreply 104April 3, 2024 12:47 AM

Oh shit. Do not invoke DL's Willy Cartier Stan troll. He is presumed to be MIA along with the Gia Carangi Stan troll. Some have whispered they may be one and the same.

by Anonymousreply 105April 3, 2024 3:00 AM

Small town / Big grift. Here’s a picture of my dead little dog’s sweater, and here’s a screenshot on the 12K plus I grifted off my elderly, confused followers by evoking my dead dog. Everything connects with Sesshie’s worn out debit card.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 3, 2024 4:26 AM

What part of Paris is he in, r99? Just curious what part is considered that shitty.

by Anonymousreply 107April 3, 2024 4:51 AM

R107 Google the worst arrondissement just to give you some idea. He’s in the middle of nowhere cooking expired eggs on the back of his pissior.

I love this little town! onward! Sky angels, day old sushi!

Bothering young people and telling them I’m taking their picture whether they like it or not.

Getting tossed down the stairs of the Paris Metro for taking creep shots of people I think are “cool.”

I will do this again and again to seem relevant, and my addled followers will smash the like button.

Stay tuned, because in Tangiers, nobody is going to find my schtick amusing. It ends there.

Suddenly Last Summer.

Sebastian.

by Anonymousreply 108April 3, 2024 5:14 AM

Spring is the social season in Morocco.

by Anonymousreply 109April 3, 2024 5:16 AM

MURRRRIIIEELLLLLLL…. Time for deletion and redtagging of the deranged Kevin Sessum stalker….

by Anonymousreply 110April 3, 2024 1:09 PM

Tyrone claims to be 35 but he looks 50 and he skeeves me out.

by Anonymousreply 111April 3, 2024 1:12 PM

Kevin Sessums stalking is a scourge.

by Anonymousreply 112April 3, 2024 1:49 PM

R110 must have several accounts in order to W&W their own posts.

by Anonymousreply 113April 3, 2024 3:18 PM

Really horrifying selfie today along with the photos of his hovel. It's two flips past the portrait of the toilet. A FB follower says he looks like a Bond villain. Those creepy lips are chilling!

by Anonymousreply 114April 3, 2024 3:33 PM

Nope. There's more than one of us that are done with this shit.

by Anonymousreply 115April 3, 2024 3:33 PM

You’re so wrong, this thread is about someone named Bav. Bav Hudson.

by Anonymousreply 116April 3, 2024 3:35 PM

A shared shitter down the hall = fragrant heaven for our Bav

by Anonymousreply 117April 3, 2024 4:05 PM

[QUOTE] Nope. There's more than one of us that are done with this shit.

Obsess away, honey! We’re glad you’re still enjoying all the Bav threads.

by Anonymousreply 118April 3, 2024 4:06 PM

SUDDENLY LAST SESSHIE!

by Anonymousreply 119April 3, 2024 4:35 PM

If you don't want to be here - BEAT IT!!

by Anonymousreply 120April 3, 2024 6:10 PM

THE ROMAN SPRING OF BAV.

by Anonymousreply 121April 3, 2024 9:19 PM

Somebody please post the Bav Voyager pic.

by Anonymousreply 122April 3, 2024 9:40 PM

I couldn't find a link so I made a new one using my very top-drawer photoshop skills.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 4, 2024 6:07 AM

R113 In an earlier post he said he made up six fake accounts with which to spam the board.

by Anonymousreply 124April 4, 2024 11:31 AM

Okay, buckle up kids because he is going to say some variation of “going to the toilet” at least twice a day during his Paris era.

And Lord, this man loves nothing more than sharing a loo. From today’s second reference to ‘going to the toilet:’

“Small-town Paris. What I see when I remember to look out the window in the hallway next to my door as I had (sic) to the toilet to pee.”

Thank you for sharing, Bav.

by Anonymousreply 125April 5, 2024 2:56 AM

You're not keeping your Kevin Sessums references to this thread. Your "don't like it, move on" argument doesn't hold water.

by Anonymousreply 126April 5, 2024 9:04 AM

You must like it here...

by Anonymousreply 127April 5, 2024 12:09 PM

This silly faggot is not on a pilgrimage…he’s on the lam.

by Anonymousreply 128April 5, 2024 2:05 PM

I was thinking about his (meager) financial situation the other day. We know he has no credit and carries only a debit card, so apparently his Social Security check gets deposited into a bank account, most likely located back home in Forest Gump, Mississippi, with Doctor Brother as a co signator, which is convenient for times when he comes up a little short and Doctor Brother can throw in a few quid to get him through the month until the next SS check drops. Then it must fall to him to go to a currency exchange or wherever to get actual cash to buy his apple tarts and half price salmon. I don't understand, though, how he can book airfares with only a debit card, unless Doctor Brother does it upfront and then reimburses himself from the account...? I also assume he does not dare to file a US tax return (I am a retiree who still files even though for the past several years I have owed nothing in Federal or state taxes - my accountant told me it is just a good idea) but I guess he does not want the IRS knowing his whereabouts. I have always heard that when you owe the IRS a substantial amount, they compound the interest like every two minutes, so his debt must have grown substantially while he traipses around to museums and opera houses and thrift shops. So I tend to agree, he is on the lam, at least financially speaking. Hopefully his meager funds will stretch further in Tangier than in Paris, as there are fewer opera houses and ballet companies there....

by Anonymousreply 129April 5, 2024 2:29 PM

I do wonder how he’s grifting tickets in Paris. I can’t imagine he’s getting press tickets, because he can’t even speak the language in order to con people..I think he’s a rotten, absolute piece of shit, but I don’t wish him ill. And to that end, I don’t think he should ne clamoring his weary, elderly bones up eight flights of stairs to his egg plop room and shared toilet every day.

by Anonymousreply 130April 6, 2024 5:01 AM

On the contrary. His poverty obliged walking as transport (flâneurie) and stair climbing (la vie bohème dans les mansardes parisiennes) probably keep him fit and alive. Hobos get a lot of fresh air and exercise.

by Anonymousreply 131April 6, 2024 5:13 AM

Sure but who is paying for the ballet tix?

by Anonymousreply 132April 6, 2024 6:05 AM

Today he posts an excerpt from "Chapter Four (!!!)" of his novel in progress. Read at your own risk. You have been warned. BEWARE.

He's also posted a bunch of photos of mannequins from inside Dior. I'm a little surprised that he is allowed to take photos inside like this, but I guess he does it pretty stealthily...

by Anonymousreply 133April 6, 2024 3:20 PM

He is interested in fashion and/or luxury commodities? Or he doesn't know what to do with his time?

by Anonymousreply 134April 6, 2024 3:22 PM

R129 He's not in the UK, France, or Morocco without a passport, presumably an American passport.

He can't be on the lam: the US Custom and Border Patrol knows where he is and will tell the IRS if they ask.

Why they haven't asked is the mystery.

by Anonymousreply 135April 6, 2024 3:32 PM

"Oh, Rosemary," Hilda said, plopping some wine in her glass. "I'm so glad you came and could come to visit my valley of vapors whilst wanly winking over wine."

"Oh, Hilda," said Rosemary. "Yours is a jaundiced genius nearly gobbled by Garbo."

"Oh, Rosemary," Hilda said "How I do like saying your name, again and again, although as an authorial device it is a tiny tittle of a toddle tiresome."

"Oh, Hilda," Rosemary said "I do have a lovely name and yours is so ugly. Yet I love to say it as well and picture you riding your broom into the blue light."

"Oh, Rosemary," said Hilda

"Oh, Hilda," said Rosemary.

"Oh fucking kill me now," said the reader.

by Anonymousreply 136April 6, 2024 3:53 PM

R135 owing back taxes doesn’t mean you can’t travel—catch a clue. He’s not a defendant….yet.

by Anonymousreply 137April 6, 2024 4:06 PM

I think you need to catch a clue. I didn't say he's a defendant - you did. The IRS places a tax lien on one's assets after other collection actions have failed. They don't arrest you if you filed an accurate tax return for the year you receive the income. I imagine his "poverty" works for him here and may be why he has no assets: so they can't be subject to a lien. You can go to jail for not filing your taxes and also for lying on your tax return. You can't go to jail for not having enough money to pay your taxes.

I didn't say he couldn't travel - obviously he has. I said he's not on the lam, defined as "in flight, especially from the police" because, so far as we know, anyway, they're not.

by Anonymousreply 138April 6, 2024 4:49 PM

You said they would or should notify the IRS. Which is incorrect. Because he’s not a defendant.

by Anonymousreply 139April 6, 2024 5:03 PM

I only have a debit card, r129. I've had no problem buying plane or train tickets, checking into hotels or using foreign ATMs.

by Anonymousreply 140April 6, 2024 5:08 PM

R136 Holy cow it really is that bad. I just had to see for myself, and yes, he actually said "gobbled by Garbo."

"And then they had laughed. “She once made a pass at me,” said Hilda. “Garbo. Can you imagine? Gobbled by Garbo!” she’d said, the cover line practically hanging in the air between them like the Scrabble tiles had that day Rosemary sometimes wished she couldn’t recall."

And what the fuck is he trying to say about Scrabble tiles hanging in the air? It's unreadable blather!

I think he's trying to write Tales of the City but he's too meth-addled to string a coherent sentence together.

by Anonymousreply 141April 6, 2024 6:24 PM

R141 I assume at one point someone threw a scrabble board across a room and scarred Rosemary forever, but as foreshadowing goes, well, oh Hilda, it's pretty poor shit.

by Anonymousreply 142April 6, 2024 9:48 PM

Summing up the pilgrim sojourn so far…

Reductive review of Rothko which completely missed the point of the exhibition too busy spending time creeping on others taking photos

A shared shitter with a view no less

Blue cheese and spinach plop aplenty in a tiny “garret”

Some of the most egregious “prose” ever claiming to be a serialised novel featuring run-on sentences and gems like “what’s an old gal to do?”

This is clearly an attempt at a Capote-style roman a clef

by Anonymousreply 143April 6, 2024 11:46 PM

And I will leave you with this:

“I was nothing but a stevedore of glamour, girl … “Steve Adore - sounds like a lounge act in Vegas”

Bonne nuit, Bavologists 😘

by Anonymousreply 144April 6, 2024 11:52 PM

R143 And has the nerve to say Rothko was unskilled as an artist — someone driven by the desire to be an artist who lacked talent.

He’s projecting again.

by Anonymousreply 145April 7, 2024 1:36 AM

That made me irrationally annoyed r145. You don’t have to like Rothko but unskilled is a ridiculous take. I was really moved by this exhibition but then I went for the art and not the artifice.

by Anonymousreply 146April 7, 2024 2:00 AM

R144 Call me Karen because I want to talk to the manager.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147April 7, 2024 5:34 AM

[quote]This is clearly an attempt at a Capote-style roman a clef.

He couldn't be more obvious about it, r143. He casts himself as the female protagonist, "Dibs". From chapter one:

[quote]There are three types of folks in this town, Deborah,” she’d claim, using Dibs’s real name, the one her dead daddy and mama had given her before they died in a car crash that had not killed her where she was still, at two years old, bound so safely in her child’s seat, the why of how she wound up being raised by such a woman."

...still going on about his dead parents, and playing at being a woman.

by Anonymousreply 148April 7, 2024 9:06 AM

Christ, it’s worse than I thought! Maybe Bav can illustrate it with Dibs “modelling” some of the creations in Martine’s atelier!

by Anonymousreply 149April 7, 2024 9:14 AM

He includes his scat fetish, typos and all:

[quote]But this wasn’t only dirt, she realized, this was also the child’s shit caked beneath them, the proof that she had not died along with her parents, that continued need to defecate what finally, Rosemary realized, defines us as the denizens of the living. That’s it, she thought, that’s what the opposite of dying is: shitting. Just keep doing that one elemental thing - or surrendering to the need to clean it from a helpless child’s ass - and you dammit know you’re alive.

by Anonymousreply 150April 7, 2024 9:26 AM

What are the chances of encountering people along the route to a performance who then happen to be seated near you? Apparently for Bav this is a cosmic experience. But it happens everyday to almost everyone. Will he ever see them again? Did they exchange contact information? Make a future plan for a meeting? Did he invite them for toilet egg plops? Is he even allowed to entertain in the shared bath accommodation?

by Anonymousreply 151April 7, 2024 1:34 PM

Not only that, the entire cognoscenti of Paris gazes upon him in a “sensual manner” 🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 152April 7, 2024 1:39 PM

Oh R150, Hilda said, people often defecate as or after they die; the muscles relax and waste passes as we do, fitfully and in plops.

by Anonymousreply 153April 7, 2024 2:54 PM

Shitting at Starbucks.

by Anonymousreply 154April 7, 2024 4:11 PM

The novel excerpts show abominable sentence structure. It's not arty or referential. It's the purple stylings of a damaged brain trapped in a feedback loop.

by Anonymousreply 155April 7, 2024 4:46 PM

He needs to quit with the b&w closeup selfies. The crooked "smile" and those ridiculous glasses would make him look sinister - if he wasn't such a LOSER.

by Anonymousreply 156April 7, 2024 5:23 PM

How old is “Dibs” supposed to be? Because in the years Bav was a child and for around 20 thereafter, children’s car seats were nothing more than a booster with a toy steering wheel attached.

They were designed to keep little kids from crawling all over the car in an era when nobody even used the lap-only seatbelts and were utterly useless in a crash.

by Anonymousreply 157April 7, 2024 5:38 PM

Bav left a comment on Sean Patrick Maloney’s picture of Sean and his husband in Paris in front of the Arc de Triomphe before some marathon:

“woke up thinking about you guys today”

by Anonymousreply 158April 7, 2024 5:41 PM

"I was walking by this cinema on Champs Elyses and saw that The Mission was playing this evening and I haven't seen it since it opened in 1986 and I interviewed its director Roland Joffe for Andy Warhol's Interview magazine where I was then a Senior Editor before becoming its Executive Editor."

Thanks, Bav. It's been at least two weeks since you've mentioned this specific connection to Andy Warhol's Interview Magazine, and the very important positions you held there forty years ago. The fact was in danger of slipping my mind, along with the death of your parents, which you really ought to discuss more frequently.

by Anonymousreply 159April 7, 2024 6:03 PM

"There are three types of folks in this town, Deborah,” she’d claim, using Dibs’s real name, the one her dead daddy and mama had given her before they died in a car crash that had not killed her where she was still, at two years old, bound so safely in her child’s seat, the why of how she wound up being raised by such a woman."

So much to unpack.

Just to establish context, the woman speaking is the character Rosemary.

Deborah is not Dibs' real name. It is her given name. "Dibs" is not a false or assumed name - it is a diminutive or affectionate form, albeit an unusual one. The news about the car crash is inserted just where it completely obviates whatever character-defining point Rosemary was about to make. "Had not killed her" can be inferred from the fact that Rosemary is not addressing a gravestone. "she was still, at two years old, bound so safely in her child’s seat" - child's seats are usually used until the child in question can use adult seat belts, although as another DL comment points out, the ones during the author's childhood were well-nigh useless from a collision safety standpoint. "bound so safely" leads us to expect a bridged clause. Instead "so" is used as an intensifier (not incorrect per se, but certain jarring). "the why of how she wound up being raised by such a woman" is meaningless. The effectiveness of the car seat has nothing to do with why she is raised by Rosemary, unless the author is simply pointing out that Rosemary took on that role after the parents' death, in which case "by such a woman" seems to indicate an eccentricity of relationship that, while tragic, is otherwise incidental.

That's one sentence.

I can't imagine the editor who would take on this dog.

by Anonymousreply 160April 8, 2024 12:45 AM

I am very curious how a functionality illiterate becomes an editor.

Is it really all about the booty.

by Anonymousreply 161April 8, 2024 1:11 AM

functionality illiterate?

by Anonymousreply 162April 8, 2024 1:17 AM

“From babies to kids to teenagers to young folks, women and men, people my age - I just get looked at a hell of a lot. Maybe it's because I'm a bit of a one-off and project that as well: look at that oddity coming our way. Just not sure. “

Or they’re trying to determine if you’re the source of that ungodly stench in the air.

by Anonymousreply 163April 8, 2024 1:26 AM

So funny that Bav is posturing as a latter day Capote with his chapter by chapter "novel," since he trashed "La Cote Basque 1965" about a month ago. Also, Bav's cocked stance for his selfies is a pathetic attempt to look average height!

by Anonymousreply 164April 8, 2024 1:49 AM

Same writing style

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165April 8, 2024 2:00 AM

"First Dibs/Last Wrights" : WORST TITLE EVER!!

by Anonymousreply 166April 8, 2024 3:17 AM

That’s a junior high level pun, R166. He really must be brain damaged.

by Anonymousreply 167April 8, 2024 3:30 AM

I'm sure he sees it as the epitome of wit. Thankfully this doggerel will never see the light of day.

by Anonymousreply 168April 8, 2024 3:32 AM

He’s a veritable methhead Dickens.

by Anonymousreply 169April 8, 2024 3:40 AM

Methissippi Dickens

by Anonymousreply 170April 8, 2024 3:53 AM

“The datalounge denizens are distinctly deprived of decency. They seem ignominiously incapable of appreciating artistic artistry. They refuse to reward the persnickety pluck of a pilgrim parsing Paris”, said Dibs while handing her healthy cats to a not-no-kill shelter in Montmartre.

Hilda agreed, adding “Dibs, get rid of them cats tout’suite, sweety”.

Dibs dithered desperately before reluctantly replying, “Hilda, my parents died 50 years ago! Demonstrate decency and dignity before calling me a cat coroner”.

Later the same evening, Dibs killed the shit out of the cats..

by Anonymousreply 171April 8, 2024 4:05 AM

[quote]He really must be brain damaged.

He very much behaves like someone with brain damage from untreated syphilis.

[quote]I can't imagine the editor who would take on this dog.

I think he has tried and failed, r160, and that's why he is "publishing" it on his substack. In addition to being poorly written, the excepts are full of typos and misspellings.

by Anonymousreply 172April 8, 2024 4:11 AM

Oh, dearing myself.

*excerpts* are full of typos.

by Anonymousreply 173April 8, 2024 4:18 AM

The more he posts on social media, the clearer it becomes that his brain took a beating from the drug use. I wish he would just live his life, and not post so much.

by Anonymousreply 174April 8, 2024 5:03 AM

For me, it's not just his insane, incomprehensible babble, it's his commenters cheering him on.

"Small-town Paris. So you can't make this shit up - well, you can, but I don't. I was walking along Avenue Montaigne last evening on my way to Theatre des Champs Elyses to see the Norwegian National Ballet in Crystal Pite's deeply moving "Light of Passage" for the second night in a row, when I noticed two couples window shopping and discussing in what I assumed was Hebrew what they wanted to do the rest of the evening or were checking their phones for directions or something. Anyway, they were noticeable to me for two reasons: (1) They were so attractive and seemed like four people I'd like to know. (2) The street is mostly strolled by obviously quite wealthy and stylish and equally attractive Arab and Muslim couples and families and men and women who like to shop in its lineup of stores so therefore the two men wearing kippot in these two Hebrew-speaking couples stood out to me. You just don't see it or hear it much on Montaigne and I even noticed others noticing them.

Anyway I was fascinated by them but then after watching them a bit picked up my pace and strolled on by. About half an hour later I had asked a young man to take my photo in front of the theatre for another post I had planned. He had just given me back my phone when this handsome lug of a guy suddenly appeared by my side and handed my phone back to the young man and told him to take our photo. He was one of the men I had noticed earlier as if I had manifested him. The young man taking our photo wanted to know if we knew each other but I told him I had never met him. The young man taking the photo was even more shocked it appeared than I and I was kinda shocked. And It takes a lot to shock me.

I asked this charmer his name. "Israel," he said.

"From?" I asked.

"Israel," he said.

"Israel from Israel," I said.

He laughed and told me I got it right. "I noticed you earlier not just because you are handsome," I told him, " but because usually this street is filled with rich Arabs. You stood out for both reasons - you're handsome and you're Jewish."

He laughed at that too but wasn't quite sure if it were funny or not. I wasn't either. But this I became more sure about: I am certainly a Jew queen, not to objectify the guy too much. And then he joined his wife - I presumed she was - and the other couple and continued their stroll and I went into the theatre to be moved once more by the Pite. And guess who was sitting in the seat right in front of me? The young man who had taken our photo.

Everything connects ..."

I mean, JFC. At this point in time I wouldn't be wandering around the streets of Paris demanding to know if someone is Jewish then declaring I have a fetish, but that's just me. He's psychotic as fuck.

The comments:

"A "Jew queen", LOL."

"Yikes. For you especially!"

"That’s the cutest smirk/smile ever, Kevin."

"He knew you are Yul BRYNNER."

And this from someone who looks 107 years old:

"All I can think is that you manifest this stuff, mthrfkr. What a life."

by Anonymousreply 175April 8, 2024 5:26 AM

R175 that post is what made me comment this evening. There is so much wrong with that post, and the way he spoke to that person. Just … wow.

by Anonymousreply 176April 8, 2024 5:37 AM

“Jew queen” strikes me as a smidge offensive.

by Anonymousreply 177April 8, 2024 5:38 AM

R177 Same. He really seems to be trolling for engagement with most of his posts on the situation in the middle east. And to sexually objectify Jewish people at this moment in time as his little sexual fetish pets is just gross.

I honestly think he has never had an unexpressed thought, and he needs to work on that.

by Anonymousreply 178April 8, 2024 6:07 AM

One of these days, Bav's gonna get biffed!

by Anonymousreply 179April 8, 2024 1:05 PM

"Dibs’s real name, the one her dead daddy and mama had given her before they died"

As opposed to the names they gave her after they died.

by Anonymousreply 180April 8, 2024 1:26 PM

Oh, did the parents die? Someone catch me up please. It's been 10 minutes and I've forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 181April 8, 2024 1:57 PM

R181, absolutely sadly tragic. His daddy's brain got smeared down a paved road like a skidmark on a post-fuck sheet.

by Anonymousreply 182April 8, 2024 3:03 PM

The real question is how much of this happenstance does he invent?

by Anonymousreply 183April 8, 2024 4:39 PM

Dibs is a whore! Her mother hated her and told her so before she died!

by Anonymousreply 184April 8, 2024 6:58 PM

Just went and saw Opening Night, and unlike our sissy I paid "54 quid" for a good seat that I didn't need to bother an usher to steal. I'm still surprised he didn't write more about it-- considering he likes to apparate experiences.

If anything, these Bav threads have been a cautionary tale of what not to do in a foreign country. I'm from Mississippi too, alas I saved for this trip and refuse to feed myself with old Pret.

Also my parents are still alive so maybe everything doesn't connect.

by Anonymousreply 185April 8, 2024 11:08 PM

I want to make clear that I do not hate this person and I certainly don't wish any harm to him - it seems as if he's really suffering, whether he knows it or not. And that's sad. I'm an eldergay myself with a ruined bank account, chronic heath problems, no family support and not much more to look forward to. If I could escape into a world of ballet and blue light I'm not sure I wouldn't.

I am just amazed that he was ever a published writer, let alone the editor, however briefly, of a major counter-cultural magazine.

by Anonymousreply 186April 8, 2024 11:09 PM

I am R160, just to clarify.

The writing.

My eyes.

by Anonymousreply 187April 8, 2024 11:10 PM

I wanted to throw myself in front of a bus after reading that exchange. I can only imagine how horrible it must have been for the Jewish guy.

by Anonymousreply 188April 8, 2024 11:26 PM

R186 - sorry for your situation, and you make an empathetic point. Perhaps in your own way you can make something better out of your circumstances by making a few off-center or even foolish choices. There’s nothing wrong with seeking happiness or living more for today if your tomorrows will only be worse anyway.

But as it has been said before the fascination / repulsion mechanism at work with the Bav, and the basis of all this mockery isn’t so much what he is doing - it’s the endlessly thirsty, pathetic way he goes about broadcasting it, and the obvious annoyance he is to everyone who happens to cross his grim pillaging path — immediately conscripted as extras in his Epic Life.

Oh and the writing;, the terrible, terrible writing.

If he’d just shut up about everything and swanned about Small Town Everywhere in femmey Goodwill splendor, but privately and with consideration for others, I’d rather admire him in some ways.

by Anonymousreply 189April 9, 2024 3:56 AM

A balletomane at r186 who is actually pragmatic and relatable. We love to see it.

The money thing is absolute dog puke and a terrible albatross to have to worry about. I’m sure you’ve heard a thousand variations of this already, but make a comfortable exit plan for yourself for when things get to be too much to handle (financially or emotionally). In the meantime, be a bon vivant. Amex can’t come after you after you’re in the ground. Stick it to ‘em.

by Anonymousreply 190April 9, 2024 4:19 AM

In Paris, we refer to this as "Le Plop."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191April 9, 2024 5:06 AM

To come somewhat to the defense of what seems a thoroughly indefensibly awful man, I don't share the groupthink on s couple points.

In theory, there's nothing wrong and something potentially interesting about living a peripatetic life at 67. Frankly it's a more interesting choice than sitting in a Section 8 apartment wrapped in cotton wool, or traipsing about in a small town in New York wearing naff women's smocks, hoping for a sighting of some minor luminary whom he might snare into buying him a lunch.

Of course he fucks up the opportunity in untold ways: the obsessive posing as some sort maven of the arts of Theatre and Dance that only unmask his ignorance - seeing the same play umptyteen times, watching for a stage door that is just that half second too slow to insinuate himself nearer to the fame that has quite forgotten him. The laughable efforts to offer his asshole opinion of the rare art exhibition. It's his compete lack of curiosity that does him in every time. Instead of investigating the London gallery and museum scene (easier to do than snare press tickets - or maybe not) he can't be bothered, or when he does his opinions are embarrassing sludge. Art, architecture, history, literature...none are but jumping off points to talk about Mick Jagger or Courtney fucking Love, or someone now dead whom he thought just might have wanted to fuck him once upon a time. Total absence of curiosity.

The other point is his financial problems. Who the fuck knows what happened with his tax troubles? He mentioned trying to sort them out not long after he landed in London having left New York State behind. Maybe he settled the debt, maybe his brother helped (in theory he may have had a bit of cash at that moment), maybe he is on some extended payment plan. To insinuate constantly that the IRS is nipping at his heels and about to jail him seems rather fanciful thinking to me.

The accusations of him being on the lam from the IRS, on the lam from from some pissed off prostitute, on the lam from someone he leered at too hard...it seems a little ridiculous to me. Isn't this buffoon comedy/tragedy enough in his own self-reported actions not to speculate on unknown points? His amusement comes from his own confessions, not from speculation on things inknown.

by Anonymousreply 192April 9, 2024 7:01 AM

I eat leftovers frequently and they're tasty, but I don't feel the need to post them on FB. Same with my 60 plus mug!

by Anonymousreply 193April 9, 2024 11:31 AM

I find it interesting that he comments about Ripley “I’m not its audience”. After watching it, which I enjoyed immensely, it reminds me of his affections for creating his environment in the attics he inhabits. Setting out the watches, arranging books, even carrying art pieces. It hits close to home for him. Flâneur or wanker. He might not be its audience but a very big piece of the subject.

by Anonymousreply 194April 9, 2024 12:18 PM

I had that same thought as Ripley methodically placed the clock, cigarette case etc. Our erstwhile critic has his affectations displayed in the somewhat diminished collection of talismans that prove he’s someone - he mattered.

by Anonymousreply 195April 9, 2024 5:48 PM

Hitting a little too close to home for our Bav!

by Anonymousreply 196April 9, 2024 6:19 PM

RIPLEY is not for him?! Jesus Christ, it IS him!

by Anonymousreply 197April 10, 2024 3:53 AM

R197, Ripley was good-looking and a quick study, as one of his doomed victims unthinkingly pointed out.

by Anonymousreply 198April 10, 2024 4:29 AM

192 Respectfully ( because I think your post is very considered and thoughtful) I disagree. If he were alone in the world, then living it up in Airbnbs around the world as opposed to section 8 housing might have been fine. But when he careened down the stairs of the Paris Metro last year, it became the problem of several family members and friends. His sister had to cut short her travels and come tend to him. Ali MacGraw had to scrubbo his drawers. His brother’s family sprang into action with medical referrals, and eventually Bav had to recover at Doctor Brother’s house, in DB’s art studio. Also,, in a family lousy with dentists, nobody stepped up to address his stanky, decayed meth-mouth,

If you’re a singleton like Bav is and of a certain age, the considerate thing to do is sort your life out, and yes, in Bav’s case, live within your means. He is on trip/fall away from having to go back to Mississippi and be in a state he loathes, and being supported by a conservative brother whose politics he hates,

There is not a play in London or a ballet in Paris that is so great it would compensate for that ultimate humiliation. He needs to face reality and pt his life in order, because the alternative would be intolerable to him.

by Anonymousreply 199April 10, 2024 4:39 AM

Great performances are available anywhere in the world today at low to no cost. Once can live a modest, secure, independent life and still have access to more art, music, theatre and dance than one could ever consume in a lifetime. One could have a few neighbors who are polite and enquire about your health and your interests, and perhaps a few local friends to meet every now and then. One could cook healthy meals in clean spaces and have a wardrobe for 4 seasons, and put the winter clothes in the closet for the summer and take them out like old cherished friends the next November. Etc. Several of my great grandparents and grandparents lived into their 90s in this lifestyle. They had hobbies and intellectual interests and pursued them for decades after their retirements and were a burden to no one.

by Anonymousreply 200April 10, 2024 4:52 AM

Yes. And to not endure the humiliation of having to ask AirBnB hosts to store your massive amounts of used, thrifted ladies clothes over the years... priceless.

by Anonymousreply 201April 10, 2024 5:46 AM

Thanks, R199. I appreciate the thoughtful counterpoint.

I suppose my point is that all of us, singletons especially, are but one fall, one accident away from having to go someplace we'd rather not. That his brother and sister and the former actress's boyfriend rallied to help him speaks well of them, but I Wonder how many times they will do so so freely. The dentist relatives who didn't volunteer their services likely won't do in the future - same as in many families. They were never inconvenienced.

Of course the Bav is hopelessly, pitifully (he hopes) dramatic about his mishaps. But it seems he has to cast a very large net to get any bites from what's left of his friends. I've noted how very scarce his old friends are. Were he not so execrable a person, he might be living well hopping from one one friend's empty summer house to another in a modern version of the 19thC model of maiden aunts who came to stay for months in country houses and townhouses of their richer relations who had room to swallow the into the organization of a huge household. Not only are those invitations not forthcoming, he can't even find someone to put him up in NYC for a night or two, such are his friends.

I don't imagine he takes advice any better now than he probably didn't when he was a drug addict. Note how Doctor Brother this last trip seems to have drawn a line of what sort and how much help he is willing to offer. There's a real sense of distance and, reading between the lines, exasperation and caution. Maybe the sister is more generous with her help, quicker to come to the rescue, but even that must have its limits. In short: two family members are willing to help him in some ways, one rather begrudgingly and probably not without a lot of (understandable) conditions, the other more generous but seemingly not in a position to offer a place to live or financial help.

Not many of us are more than one.m8sfortune away from a terrible situation. Will Bav tumble down another flight of metro stairs? Will he be devoured by a mob of starving children in the street? It could happen. But with Bav the chance seems no less likely in his homeland, and the result no less serious.

He might have just stayed in Paris after his fall, and had excellent health care and physical therapy for next to no cost. Just as he could receive his HIV meds free in the UK and in most of Europe. His scurry "home" to the the U.S. was his choice or ignorance or some combo of the two. Add in some self-indulgence and (unanswered) plea for help from his friends.

His agent, his "friends", his acquaintances, and a good portion of his family want to keep themselves at a long arm's length from him.

I don't fault him for wanting to spent his last years traveling and trying to enjoy himself (sorta). He's always a victim of his own stupidity and geography has no influence on that. I'm not too many years younger than he is and I have relatives who have, from their 40s, done little but moan about the aches and pains of aging and their layers of worry about avoiding risk (which they've seen very little of their whole lives). If I had the choice to die sitting in my chair watching TV and eating off a tray, or being out seeing new things, the choice would be easy for me.

(I'll leave aside that his travel is some of the least broadening I have witnessed. Our culture vulture who has seen 'Sunset Blvd' forty teen times is no risk taker.)

by Anonymousreply 202April 10, 2024 9:43 AM

I take big risks, Bitches!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203April 11, 2024 2:21 AM

Thank you! This is the original and best version. Let’s hang it in the Louvre behind a bullet-proof screen and make Bav wait in line to see it.

by Anonymousreply 204April 11, 2024 2:46 AM

Thank you R204 - I’m the photoshopper and I’m quite chuffed (as Bav would say, but only in London) that my handiwork has brought so much joy.

by Anonymousreply 205April 11, 2024 3:22 AM

R205 Pip pip cheerio, mate. Innit?

by Anonymousreply 206April 11, 2024 3:53 AM

Bound to be worth a few quid r205

by Anonymousreply 207April 11, 2024 7:21 AM

R207, I penser the mot you cherhcez for is “sou.” Fromage!! —Le Bav

by Anonymousreply 208April 11, 2024 11:51 AM

His life is rather boring. He doesn’t give back, volunteer, or anything but “gift” articles from the NYT which he makes a huge deal over when he does it. Of course my life is boring too, I work all day, walk my dogs, make dinner or go out with my husband. Socialize when there is time or invitations. Travel a bit, garden (more realistically, pay a gardener and point to things) refill hummingbird feeders. And at my age increasing doctor appointments. Maybe I should go arrange some books on my bed. That might help.

by Anonymousreply 209April 11, 2024 5:09 PM

His new favorite word is "shank," as in "Where I am spending the shank of my afternoon, inside at this show." He's used it twice so far today, in the same manner.

by Anonymousreply 210April 11, 2024 5:13 PM

Weren't there plans at one point to be a pilgrim and walk the Camino de Santiago or some such route? I hope he will have air conditioned quarters in Tangier. Or is it Casablanca?

by Anonymousreply 211April 11, 2024 5:25 PM

What would his life be like if he didn't grift free tickets?

by Anonymousreply 212April 11, 2024 5:44 PM

Like working stiffs, such as myself. I don't attend multiple live entertainments every week. I used to when I was younger and could get access by being good looking (invited) or a student. In a number of European countries back in the day the sleepier opera houses and theatres in 2nd tier cities had an unannounced policy of slipping prime seats to any well dressed students starting at about 30 minutes before curtain time. I used to get excellent seats in Geneva, Hamburg, Italian cities, for 5-10 USD equivalent. But they only gave them out to attractive clean youngsters because you were then sitting with the high-paying bourgeoisie.

by Anonymousreply 213April 11, 2024 5:52 PM

Aging sucks. Now I'm just an old crone not worth inviting to the theatre. Ah, the glory days in Paris at the brasseries around the Palais Garnier. I only fucked the guys if I wanted to. They were content just to watch me suck down those huîtres et champagne.

by Anonymousreply 214April 11, 2024 6:03 PM

[quote]Weren't there plans at one point to be a pilgrim and walk the Camino de Santiago or some such route?

Eat, Pray, Plop

by Anonymousreply 215April 11, 2024 6:15 PM

What would his life be like if he didn't grift free tickets?

Well R212......stay tuned....

As mentioned above, I don't think the opera and ballet in Tangier may be quite up to his standards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216April 11, 2024 6:27 PM

I’m excited to see how his parish donation box Jil Sander separates are received in Morocco.

by Anonymousreply 217April 12, 2024 3:28 AM

R216 that is the Palace of Arts and Culture. Tanger has an opera house but until recently it was in ruins. Gran Teatro Cervantes

I'd love LOVE 🥰 to attend a new production there when it's renovated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218April 12, 2024 9:45 AM

“Daddy” is parading around gay Paree today modelling his thrifted Gucci loafers - a steal at 60 quid.

by Anonymousreply 219April 12, 2024 4:44 PM

For somebody who claims to have left behind fame and famous things, his thrift shop finds are always brand names, aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 220April 12, 2024 5:39 PM

He is a hollow, pathetic clothes horse of a grifter.

by Anonymousreply 221April 13, 2024 3:02 AM

Suddenly Last Summer. Here we go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222April 13, 2024 6:03 AM

Broke-ass head face.

by Anonymousreply 223April 13, 2024 6:04 AM

Do not call me a tourist. My fucking name is Priscilla Alden and I am a pilgrim. The way you know I'm a pilgrim is that I buy my food at the international chain store Eataly and I warm it up on the back of my pissoir. I live in the 3,456 Arrondissement and I walk up 8-1/2 flights of stairs every day for one reason. I want my siblings to constantly feel the deep anxiety that will visit them when I eventually fall down and become their problem. And then I will complain bitterly about not having access to "culture" and the fact that my family is "MAGA."

God bless, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 224April 13, 2024 6:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!