Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A MAGAt dilemma - Chick-fil-A

Fascists claim that Chick-fil-A is going " woke," but it's their food standard bearer. What will the obese MAGAts eat?

[quote]“It’s only a matter of time until they start putting tranny semen in the frosted lemonade at this point,” Mannarino continued, making up a very odd scenario. Mannarino tweeted his fears while linking to Chick-fil-A’s diversity, equity, and inclusion page, where the company highlights its efforts to create a culture of belonging, invest in scholarship funds, and fight hunger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 8, 2023 12:24 AM

"Don't trust them," states this article. We've been fooled before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2023 5:09 PM

Hilarious

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2023 5:12 PM

Hiring a DEI VP doesn't make you "woke" it makes you living in reality in today's world. They frankly, need a lot of help.

Let's not forget that Chick-Fil-A encourages owners to operate "relationship building" seminars for their franchises and is a cult. They are anti LGBTQ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2023 5:13 PM

[quote]“It’s only a matter of time until they start putting tranny semen in the frosted lemonade at this point,”

Honestly, this could have been said by that resident troll of ours who keeps making beer threads because that one tranny featured in a beer ad that one time.

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2023 5:13 PM

Overrated food. Two-faced, greedy CEOs and bigoted customers/corporate fucks.

Used to know people that worked there that acted as if it were their life calling and they were the most judgemental, nastiest people I've ever known. Over chicken. Its just chicken!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2023 5:19 PM

They should offer a frequent diner program, with Chicken Hawk as one of the status levels.

by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2023 5:22 PM

The Chick Fil A near my house pays $17 hour plus full health benefits even for part time workers. Managers are at $40/hour.I feel like that is pretty decent for entry level fast food pay

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2023 5:23 PM

Nope, not eating there.

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2023 5:25 PM

I love chicken!

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2023 5:29 PM

They are trying to become the CNN of fast food.

by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2023 5:30 PM

[quote]"Don't trust them," states this article. We've been fooled before.

Agreed.

Hiring a diversity manager is what, $200K a year - max. How much do you think they stand to make if all the folks who won't eat there because they support reprehensible public policy start to eat there.

Also, hiring for low wage jobs is becoming a bigger and bigger problem for companies. Young people are their best bet. Young people are also much more concerned about diversity and inclusion, so they need this to expand the pool of people from which they can hire.

Such policies are NEVER about "doing the right thing." It's always about how doing the right thing improves the bottom line - ALWAYS.

by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2023 5:31 PM

I wouldn't boycott for the gay nuts and the right nuts aren't any more persuasive Fanatics I don't even care about do not get to choose my lunch. . Locally it's located inconveniently so I hit the store at most just two or three times a year.

by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2023 5:43 PM

R12 You're babbling, dear.

by Anonymousreply 13May 31, 2023 5:46 PM

These conservative loons unwittingly support thousands of businesses and corporations with DEI departments, and are probably are employed them as well. If MAGATs are sincere in their beliefs, they should boycott and quit ALL businesses, products and jobs that do not adhere to their fundamentalist Christian values of straight white male supremacy and non-diversity.

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2023 6:37 PM

R12, the gay people boycotting antigay companies aren't "nuts"

Try again

by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2023 6:40 PM

r5 r7 r12

by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2023 6:45 PM

R12 is clearly a giant troll

by Anonymousreply 17May 31, 2023 6:46 PM

Chick Fil A needs to open up on Sundays. Fuck that bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2023 6:46 PM

r18

by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2023 6:48 PM

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, EITHER UNBLOCK SOMEONE OR JUST MOVE ON.

YOU ANNOYING FAT PIECE OF SHIT

by Anonymousreply 20May 31, 2023 7:04 PM

R20 ?

by Anonymousreply 21May 31, 2023 7:05 PM

We already have something like 10 in our area. They just opened a brand new one and the cars were lined up around the block. I've never seen anything like it. But those waffle fries are good, though.

by Anonymousreply 22May 31, 2023 7:09 PM

R21 We have some precious posters who block people and them make repetitive unnecessary posts with post numbers so they can see what was posted. It's just ridiculous and sometimes it's half the posts on a thread.

Either block someone and ignore them all together OR get over your prisspottery. One or the other.

by Anonymousreply 23May 31, 2023 7:10 PM

R22 Yeah, same. They had to implement safety protocols with the city because the drive thru traffic coming in and out of them were causing accidents and major traffic blocks. That's why most have two drive thru lanes now. Its insane.

by Anonymousreply 24May 31, 2023 7:12 PM

R12, a good reason not to boycott is because the business was not anti-gay before, nor is it now whatever the conservatives think it has become. I generally don’t believe in boycotts, but if people engage in them, it should at least be for something that’s real and not imaginary or from guilt by association.

by Anonymousreply 25May 31, 2023 7:15 PM

R20 r21 r22 r23 r24

by Anonymousreply 26May 31, 2023 7:15 PM

R25.

by Anonymousreply 27May 31, 2023 7:16 PM

[quote] Hiring a diversity manager is what, $200K a year - max.

What?! They’re not making six figures. lol. What planet do you live on?

by Anonymousreply 28May 31, 2023 7:16 PM

R28.

by Anonymousreply 29May 31, 2023 7:17 PM

lolol

by Anonymousreply 30May 31, 2023 7:21 PM

Bottom line is the chicken is greasy as hell. It’s also tough and stringy. The grilled chicken is coated in something that smells nasty.

by Anonymousreply 31May 31, 2023 7:22 PM

I liked their food well enough. For fast food, it seemed to hit the spot.

I started to boycott them some years back. It wasn't about them being religious per se, or being closed on Sunday. But when I read that their foundation donated money to the "kill the gays" initiatives in Africa, I stopped spending money there.

Personally, I think places like this and In-and-Out (which profess to be godly and/or have Bible verses on their cups) cannot truly be serving the God they proclaim to worship if they treat their employees the way they do. These multibillion dollar companies are more like the traders that got thrown out of the temple......

by Anonymousreply 32May 31, 2023 7:27 PM

They fund conversion therapy in the US too. There are gay kids committing suicide because Chik Fil A funds the hate camp their fundie parents sent them too.

Enjoy your shitty chicken sandwiches, you're funding gay genocide!

by Anonymousreply 33May 31, 2023 7:56 PM

Article about contributions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 31, 2023 8:18 PM

They sure hire a lot of gay teenagers though. Last time I was in one at least two of the kids were flamers.

by Anonymousreply 35May 31, 2023 8:20 PM

I don't understand the gays that still go there.

They're usually Andy Cohen wannabe types going their with their hag(s).

by Anonymousreply 36May 31, 2023 8:30 PM

R28 Not 200K but many diversity managers are making 6 figures. Maybe not in Des Moines but most major cities.

by Anonymousreply 37May 31, 2023 8:35 PM

R30 r32 r36 r37

by Anonymousreply 38May 31, 2023 8:42 PM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 39May 31, 2023 8:43 PM

Posters like r38 say fuck DL. That’s how disrespectful they are.

by Anonymousreply 40May 31, 2023 8:44 PM

[quote]What?! They’re not making six figures. lol. What planet do you live on?

In major companies, the head of diversity is a senior HR position. In the Big 4 and the white shoe consulting firms, it's a full-time partner level position - for which they make a hell of a lot more than $200K. In all the big banks, it's also a senior position which pays a lot more than $200K.

Senior HR positions at places like Shake Shack make a lot more than $200K.

What planet do YOU live on.

by Anonymousreply 41May 31, 2023 8:47 PM

I eat piles and piles AND! PILES! of shit.

by Anonymousreply 42May 31, 2023 8:48 PM

R39 r40 r42

by Anonymousreply 43May 31, 2023 8:50 PM

This is getting ridiculous. iIunderstand the uproar to the Bud Light/Dylan Mulvaney promotion. There's a lot of tension in the country over trans participating in women's sports and the peer pressure on adolescents and tweens to question their gender and sexual orientation. Dylan Mulvaney is annoying IMO, his followers are young girls who I presume are too young to drink Bud Light so I don't get their strategy to increase sales.

DEI has been overdone in some instances but I'm not aware that's the case for Chick-fil-A. The same goes for people going after Petsmart for selling Pride clothes for pets, this has been going on for years without a problem. Target I can see some upset with the tuck away bathing suits for children. Children should be left out of this.

by Anonymousreply 44May 31, 2023 9:02 PM

[quote]Posters like [R38] say fuck DL. That’s how disrespectful they are.

As long as they pay their buck 99, they're my kind of assholes.

by Anonymousreply 45May 31, 2023 9:07 PM

[quote]A MAGAt dilemma - Chick-fil-A

Considering how stupid they are, this will be either really difficult or ridiculously easy.

by Anonymousreply 46May 31, 2023 9:10 PM

What business understands that people don't is that you have to cultivate a pipeline of consumers to sustain you over the long haul. A policy of exclusion undermines longevity. This fast food outlet wants EVERYONE to eat its poison. The predominant consumer in 15 years will not give a sh*t about all this outrage political strategists have stirred up to get a Republican into the White House.

by Anonymousreply 47May 31, 2023 9:16 PM

R41 I think some of these posters are just extremely young Gen Zs. They are either not fully integrated in the workforce or respectable retail clerks. They see things like diversity and think oh just a token middle brow position. NO. A diversity manager like you said is a prestigious position. And at big corps like you present can make upward of 200K.

by Anonymousreply 48May 31, 2023 9:43 PM

Mr. Mannarino seems to have awfully specific imagery in his head about semen, and its origins.

by Anonymousreply 49May 31, 2023 9:52 PM

R49 he seems to have some issues with severe mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 50May 31, 2023 9:59 PM

r48 r50

by Anonymousreply 51May 31, 2023 10:31 PM

[quote] the cars were lined up around the block. I've never seen anything like it

That's standard. These shops are little gold mines

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 1, 2023 12:48 AM

R52.

by Anonymousreply 53June 1, 2023 1:08 AM

Posters like r38 are best ignored so as not to clog up the thread. I did, and 80% of its posts were clutter that vanished. Just exterminate the pest. Easy Peasy.

by Anonymousreply 54June 1, 2023 7:47 AM

R54.

by Anonymousreply 55June 1, 2023 8:04 AM

R35 I am all about gay kids working there, and I hope they get to eat the food for free. I am never going to eat there, ever. The only way I will ever eat it is if a gay friend starts working there and brings it to me. However, I GUARANTEE their health insurance will not cover Prep, or probably even HIV tests.

by Anonymousreply 56June 1, 2023 11:02 PM

If they even offer health insurance, R56, you just know there's an abortion exclusion.

by Anonymousreply 57June 2, 2023 5:44 AM

R57 you are spot on and the moment they can exclude birth control pills they will, with this Supreme Court could only be months away.

by Anonymousreply 58June 2, 2023 7:01 PM

This karma for claiming to be Christian and not only not acting Christian but stealing religious artifacts. I don't think I will ever get over that, claiming to be one thing and outright being another. Oh wait, this is how the republicans act.

by Anonymousreply 59June 2, 2023 7:10 PM

Picked up a CFA to bring home after grocery shopping today. First since last summer. Delicious. Shame the store is so inconveniently located for me.

by Anonymousreply 60June 2, 2023 7:11 PM

"No longer the Lord's chicken................."

[quote]“Chick-fil-A,” Morgonn continues, “you are no longer the Lord’s chicken. You’re actually the woke chicken and I’m really upset about it as a Christian woman. All we wanted was some good fried chicken so now we’re gonna go to Cane’s, we’re going to try it out.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 6, 2023 2:00 PM

Gay activists should locate the chickens they use for their food and show people how horrifically they are treated.

by Anonymousreply 62June 6, 2023 2:08 PM

Won't matter to MAGATs, R 62. They would take their children on field trips to see it.

by Anonymousreply 63June 6, 2023 3:45 PM

Do y’all realize Chick Fil A is the 2nd most visited fast food chain after McDonalds and the most profitable I believe here in the states. Chick Fil A is insanely popular much bigger and broader than a Maga thing. And imagine if these cunts were open on a Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 64June 6, 2023 4:06 PM

R64, what is your point?

by Anonymousreply 65June 6, 2023 4:39 PM

Fucking stop that R16. F&F.

by Anonymousreply 66June 7, 2023 12:22 AM

I think r64 is pointing out Chick-fil-a is a boogeyman only to a very small subset of internet nutcases and cranks

by Anonymousreply 67June 7, 2023 12:47 AM

I love watching the cultural Nazis implode over garbage food

by Anonymousreply 68June 7, 2023 1:00 AM

[quote]The grilled chicken is coated in something that smells nasty.

Smells like homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 69June 8, 2023 12:19 AM

R67, Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 70June 8, 2023 12:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!