Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Zoom Video Communications Settlement – Is this legit?

I received an email earlier today that said I'm eligible to receive an electronic payment on May 31 from a settlement reached with Zoom, Inc.

It said I'm going to "receive a payment notification email that contains a link to claim your payment electronically."

Did anyone else here receive this?

I'm pretty sure it's going to ask for bank information if I'm to receive money electronically, but I'm scared to give it out.

There are so many scams, but this one seems like it could be real.

by Anonymousreply 21July 24, 2023 6:25 PM

wow

by Anonymousreply 1May 30, 2023 5:56 PM

Absolutely: give out your bank info....including your mom's maiden name, SS#, and birthdate...don't worry, be happy...

by Anonymousreply 2May 30, 2023 5:58 PM

I will make you phishers of men!

by Anonymousreply 3May 30, 2023 6:00 PM

Check the email address. It's likely something like ZoomSettlement@patelrandeshkar91029120181920.in.

You'll make Rahul happy with your bank info.

The official settlement administrator for the class action closed the ability to file claims in March of 2022.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 30, 2023 6:02 PM

Legit. You should act fast and secure that payout from a class action lawsuit you knew nothing about until receiving an email asking for financial details.

1/10

by Anonymousreply 5May 30, 2023 6:02 PM

Please to help me, OP. I have several tons of diamonds that need to be exported to a customer in the US. But I do not have the funds to ship these invaluable gems. Please wire transfer me $50K USD SAP and I will give you 10% of gross sale price once I have unloaded them.

Much thanks.

by Anonymousreply 6May 30, 2023 6:04 PM

That's the one, R4!

It's called ZoomMeetingsClass Action.

"Settlement for the matter entitled In Re: Zoom Video Communications, Inc. Privacy Litigation, Case No. 3:20-cv-02155-LB"

There's even a toll free number, a website, and a mailing address to "Re Zoom Video Communication, Inc. Privacy Litigation, Settlement Administrator...."

I think this really is legit, and I was hoping others here received the same email.

Do none of you use Zoom??

by Anonymousreply 7May 30, 2023 6:08 PM

I know it’s an EST but it’s still funny.

by Anonymousreply 8May 30, 2023 6:50 PM

I got the same email, OP. I haven’t opened it, yet. Or spent my newfound windfall.

by Anonymousreply 9May 30, 2023 7:54 PM

It is legit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2023 4:28 PM

Geez, do any of you read rather than let random strangers give you life advice.

Follow along:

1) The settlement is legit 2) However, "as of May 31, 2023, all Settlement Payments have been disbursed to Class Members who filed valid and complete claims." 3) The deadline to submit a valid and complete claim ended March 2022. 4) OP the fact that you are getting an email just now = scam.

by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2023 4:40 PM

The email is sent to those who opted-in the class. I did & I received the email. The contact information in the email is consistent with that in the Settlement notice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2023 5:20 PM

Well with those details, R12, it sounds legit. However, not seeing any of the emails themselves I suggest you verify for yourelf by contacting them through the link or phone number provided.

Better than asking random people on the internet, just saying.

by Anonymousreply 13May 31, 2023 5:33 PM

If only there was some way to look up information..

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2023 5:46 PM

Welp. I did it.

Gave my bank information, and they said funds would be deposited by June 9.

It was a surprisingly small settlement amount, but it's free money, so... whatever.

How much did you get, R12?

by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2023 6:48 PM

$32.32, R15. I asked for a check.

by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2023 7:34 PM

Mine was the exact same amount!

I guess we all got the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 17May 31, 2023 8:09 PM

Is the return address Box 350, Boston MASS 0-2-1-3-4?

by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2023 8:14 PM

Last time I responded to SPAM, I got that 9 inch penis I wanted.

by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2023 8:26 PM

Guess it was legit.

I just got my money today.

Yay!

by Anonymousreply 20June 7, 2023 3:56 PM

R20, I just got my check in the mail today.

by Anonymousreply 21July 24, 2023 6:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!