Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BEARKING: Target will be taking down all Pride displays tonight

According to Reddit, workers have been alerted by corporate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148May 31, 2023 1:09 AM

I guess maybe they’ll sell it online or something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2023 12:13 PM

The people making the these threats towards their employees need to GO TO JAIL and not be released. They are trashcunts. LOCK THEM UP!

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2023 12:14 PM

Well if it’s on reddit, it has to be true

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2023 12:15 PM

R3, their workers and managers are on there. CVS has a board too and they talk all day about what they’re getting notices about. They commiserate with one another.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2023 12:20 PM

🐻👑

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2023 12:22 PM

Pull out! Pull out!

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2023 12:23 PM

I love the fact that bearking is now a thing. It's the most refreshing thing on this board in quite some time

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2023 12:26 PM

Me too r7!

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2023 12:27 PM

They must be so proud

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2023 12:41 PM

Sounds like the Deplorables smell blood in the water concerning their obsession with ending gay rights- with FOX News chumming the water. All they need is a DeSantis in office and their dreams will come true.

Marriage was the only thing they that made them feel special.

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2023 12:47 PM

Wherever will I find my little Mr Elliot Page junior chest binder in a size 18 months?

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2023 12:50 PM

Maybe corporations will stop exploiting Pride now.

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2023 12:52 PM

[quote] The people making the these threats towards their employees need to GO TO JAIL and not be released.

But, instead, we are giving in to the terrorists’ demands and pulling LGBT items from the shelf because they threaten violence.

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2023 12:56 PM

R12 - Corporations exploit everything.

Given that, why shouldn't they exploit pride as well.

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2023 12:57 PM

Media and others are deliberately glossing over the details. The issue arose because of the specific products that were part of the collection, coupled with the fact that the problem products were displayed at the entrance of the stores.

People weren’t complaining about common, run-of-the-mill rainbow pride shirts and mugs.

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2023 1:44 PM

I don't care about what happens at Target. If a tornado hit all of them simultaneously, I might care, but mostly for the tornado.

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2023 1:47 PM

[quote] Sounds like the Deplorables smell blood in the water concerning their obsession with ending gay rights

Trans and drag. Gay is just along for the ride.

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2023 1:52 PM

[quote] Sounds like the Deplorables smell blood in the water concerning their obsession with ending gay rights

Trans and drag. Gays are just along for the ride.

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2023 1:52 PM

[quote] People weren’t complaining about common, run-of-the-mill rainbow pride shirts and mugs.

They were when they saw the Pride baby and children’s clothes. Parents are scared shitless about their kids coming home asking about their pronouns and demanding to be the opposite sex. These schools are also being caught secretly guiding these “trans kids.” It’s not just conservatives who are worried. 99% if this site doesn’t have kids and have no idea what’s going on in schools. It IS outrageous and it’s sad to see the gay community taking the blame because former gay organizations taken over by TRAs who are pushing this crap.

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2023 1:56 PM

R12 has to be the dumbest response to any thread in the history of this site.

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2023 2:07 PM

This is utterly ridiculous but aren't these knuckle draggers doing the same thing that TRAs tried to do with the new Harry Potter video game, or targeting bookshops selling Harry Potter.

Its just that the knuckle draggers have more commercial influence.

by Anonymousreply 21May 26, 2023 2:11 PM

What does "secretly guiding trans kids" even mean?

by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2023 2:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 26, 2023 9:47 PM

She sho is ugly.

Why are they always, always tilting their heads in photos?

by Anonymousreply 24May 27, 2023 3:08 AM

Target workers say the company has " no spine."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 28, 2023 1:29 PM

I worked at target for the last five years (left in February) and the pride displays weren’t a problem early on. My first year there it was one rack of shirts, shorts, bandanas, some pins, a few pet toys and other small stuff. It was located in the men’s clothing section.

Last year the display took up the whole area where we have set aside for new releases and special designer merch, plus a tower rack and another large display in the aisle. It was a ton of stuff. And some of it was a little weird and over the top to me and maybe should’ve been online only items. Like shirts that say ‘booby girl’ or something like that, in baby and adult sizes. That should go online.

My Target could’ve scaled back some of the more risqué items, but now they will probably have to get rid of it all. Shame.

by Anonymousreply 26May 28, 2023 1:55 PM

R24 I remember both Joan Rivers and young Tori Amos always mocking how women showm as bimbos always are made by photographers to tilt their heads and open their mouths in photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 28, 2023 2:01 PM

Executives covering their asses for a backfiring marketing decision by blaming it on worker "threats".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 28, 2023 2:21 PM

R28 I don’t know who’s dumber. The journalist who wrote that, or you for believing it.

The entire retail sector is having a brutal year. Target’s been on the rocks for a few quarters now, as inflation steers customers to cheaper stores.

But bigots and fools will believe this is all due to their personal and violent intervention. They’ll take credit, and be emboldened to go harder next time.

by Anonymousreply 29May 28, 2023 2:26 PM

Would a rainbow baby onesie that says "I won't die from AIDS" be offensive or would it represent hope and scientific progress?

by Anonymousreply 30May 28, 2023 2:30 PM

OP is a stupid cunt

by Anonymousreply 31May 28, 2023 2:43 PM

Here's OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 28, 2023 2:43 PM

LOL, R30.

R22, do you really not know what is going on in schools and how they facilitate both the social contagion that’s gripping awkward and/or sexually abused and/or baby-dyke girls and the social transitioning of them behind their parents’ backs? It’s happening.

by Anonymousreply 33May 28, 2023 2:47 PM

[quote]The entire retail sector is having a brutal year. Target’s been on the rocks for a few quarters now, as inflation steers customers to cheaper stores.

Is that the official spin, to try to dissuade people from accepting the obvious, that the loss in market value is related to Target's Pride mistakes?

by Anonymousreply 34May 28, 2023 2:49 PM

I won’t go into WHY I am in a small Mississippi town this weekend, but we went to the local Walmart for groceries and I was surprised to see some Pride items scattered around. No big display, but I did see some shirts,stickers, shorts, and hats sprinkled around.

I was afraid to even pick any of them up lest I get attacked by one of the scary looking people in that store. I haven’t been in a Walmart in probably 10 years—YIKES.

by Anonymousreply 35May 28, 2023 2:49 PM

[quote]I won’t go into WHY I am in a small Mississippi town this weekend, but we went to the local Walmart for groceries and I was surprised to see some Pride items scattered around. No big display, but I did see some shirts, stickers, shorts, and hats sprinkled around.

That's a great point, that ordinary pride items are not the problem, even in the Deep South. The media keeps erasing that the fact that it was specific items within the Pride Collection at Target that were the problem, and the problem was magnified since those specific items were displayed at the front of the store.

by Anonymousreply 36May 28, 2023 3:04 PM

Here's OP. He's a silly, stupid cunt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 28, 2023 3:06 PM

Adidas is not promoting its Pride collection this year, but if you search for it, the first item that comes up on its website is basically what got Target all the controversy in the first place.

Eventually, the conservatives switched to bitching that their opposition was kids' clothing, since their current fearmongering focuses on transgender young people, but what started it was Target advertising that it is this year selling women's bathing suits made to hide men's genitals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 28, 2023 3:09 PM

My Target, in a Midwestern college town, still has a Pride display right at the entrance. This is whole story is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 39May 28, 2023 3:13 PM

[quote]Is that the official spin

I'm not the poster you quoted, but they're correct that inflation has made already challenging conditions more turbulent for retailers. Target's stock history can be accessed within milliseconds using Google. It rose sharply during the first two years of the pandemic and started its fall off a cliff last April.

Part of Target's appeal is that women go there for diapers and a few grocery items and leave with all of that plus $20 of organic fair-trade makeup, $30 worth of dumb seasonal decor and $40 worth of Magnolia home goods. When the price of essentials skyrockets, they tighten the purse strings.

Walmart's position improves as Target's declines because consumers think they get more for their money at Walmart. Most Walmart stores have huge grocery selections compared to Target and won many new converts during the pandemic with its grocery pickup and delivery services.

by Anonymousreply 40May 28, 2023 3:15 PM

[quote]Adidas is not promoting its Pride collection this year, but if you search for it, the first item that comes up on its website is basically what got Target all the controversy in the first place.

I find this other Adidas Pride product to be much more troubling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 28, 2023 3:33 PM

What is even Pride about that? The design is lava lamp X Othello game board.

by Anonymousreply 42May 28, 2023 3:42 PM

I went to my Target this morning. Pride display front and center.

R33, you sound like a loon. Do you get your information from Facebook?

by Anonymousreply 43May 28, 2023 3:43 PM

Terrible

by Anonymousreply 44May 28, 2023 3:55 PM

OP, I was just at one of the Austin Target stores and saw three Pride displays in three different areas.

by Anonymousreply 45May 28, 2023 5:03 PM

Nother posting of hysterical nothingness by concern trolls wringing their hands about nothing. So what if a company takes gay-related items down? What a big nothing burger.

On a related note, please remember to send money to the DNC as we support our valiant warriors that speak out daily against the Republicans.

Go, Biden, 2024!

by Anonymousreply 46May 28, 2023 5:14 PM

Can someone with knowledge of the US and the UK advise what kind of store Target is?

Are we talking Aldi or Lidl? Or more like Asda? Or possibly a smidgeon more upmarket like a Tesco Extra? Or is it top of the range like Marks & Spencer?

by Anonymousreply 47May 28, 2023 5:14 PM

It's a small department store that also sells groceries, R47. A little more up-market than Woolworths was back in the day. In its dreams it might aspire to becoming M&S, but it ain't gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 48May 28, 2023 5:24 PM

[qupte] please remember to send money to the DNC as we support our valiant warriors that speak out daily against the Republicans.

Yes send the DNC enough for all of our valiant warriors that speak out daily properly outfitted in full tuckable wardrobes, especially if children's sizes are on the next shelf.

by Anonymousreply 49May 28, 2023 5:26 PM

R47, Target Corporation is an American retail corporation headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It is the seventh largest retailer in the United States, and a component of the S&P 500 Index.[3] The company is one of the largest American-owned private employers in the United States.

Experience-wise, it is in most cases a very clean and pleasant experience to shop there. Most stores are immaculately kept. They actually have ceilings. The staff, again, generally speaking, are helpful and polite. The shopping experience compared to say a Walmart would be akin to shopping at a post-apocalyptic store run by the people in "Idiocracy" and populated by customers that have an average IQ of 12, compared to a Target that advanced humans would visit. The parking lots of Walmarts are strange worlds, mainly used for car parking arguments, shootings, grifters, and encounters with drug dealers. The overall feeling of a Walmart is despair and hopelessness as the workers walk dead-eyed through the store avoiding all eye contact. Fun fact. Walmart stores everywhere in the US refuse to answer phones. Ever.

Costco would be the in-between, minus the "Idiocracy" people, replaced by wealthier people that dress nicer but have the personalities of pit vipers. Many old angry Boomers, House Fraus, hunky married men, and youngsters purchasing cartloads of food and liquor for a Coachella lost weekend at a 2,000-a-night rental to party till the cops are called by the neighbors. Costco's are clean, not as clean as the antiseptic-looking Targets, and have good pizza, but the parking lots are a Mad-max experience with rage-driving boomers in large Chevy trucks and Range Rovers.

by Anonymousreply 50May 28, 2023 5:38 PM

I resent Target for its uniform.

One time years ago I made the mistake of wearing khaki pants with a red shirt, and all day it was, "Are you moonlighting at Target?" and "Can you help me in the pets department?"

by Anonymousreply 51May 28, 2023 5:42 PM

Now up to $10 billion loss

Target has lost $10 billion in market valuation over the last 10 days as the popular retailer continues to face backlash over its Pride-themed clothing line for children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 28, 2023 5:51 PM

I went to my local Target, in a fairly conservative area, last night. The Pride display was still there, near the front of the store. Nothing had been taken down.

by Anonymousreply 53May 28, 2023 5:54 PM

I did not go to my local Target because it's out of my way and annoying families shop there.

But I'll assume there's a Pride display and that assumption will fortify my life and give me self-confidence and self-worth.

Nothing does in my self-worth like taking down retail displays that represent where I put my dick.

by Anonymousreply 54May 28, 2023 5:57 PM

Yes, r54, if Target takes down its Pride displays it is ERASURE of my LIVED EXPERIENCE and detracts from my QUEER JOY!

by Anonymousreply 55May 28, 2023 6:31 PM

I love Target. It’s been kind of my happy place at times. I was always so impressed with their openness and acceptance of LGBTQ people and their upfront celebration of Pride month. I do think they may have gone too in your face with this years items. I think they should have left the “tuck supported swimsuits” for online only purchases. It wasn’t until items like this were in store that these bigot’s started complaining. I hope they can continue with their support and ramp up their security for the employees.

by Anonymousreply 56May 28, 2023 7:02 PM

[quote][R33], you sound like a loon. Do you get your information from Facebook?

I wish I were just a loon, but what I described is unfortunately happening. Sounds bad, doesn’t it?

I don’t get any of my information from Facebook. Nice try, though.

by Anonymousreply 57May 28, 2023 7:34 PM

Of course, R33 doesn't say where she actually does get her information, does she? The idea that schools are forcing trans ideology onto kids is ludicrous at best. For the 33s of this world, the availability of a book on a library shelf is "forcing it down my throat," and "grooming my child."

Why must people jump to extremes in every argument? Nothing is ever resolved that way...

by Anonymousreply 58May 28, 2023 8:30 PM

I went to my local Target today and they'd tied a nonbinary person to the middle of the big target logo and were allowing people to throw darts.

by Anonymousreply 59May 28, 2023 8:58 PM

R58, it’s not that they’re “forcing” it on kids. Just introducing the concept of cross-sex identities is harmful enough to kids who are rigid thinkers (i.e. autistic), or who feel uncomfortable in their developing bodies and may have sexual trauma in their past. Why do you think a whole new cohort of trans-identified young people has emerged in the last decade? It started on Tumblr, and it was insane on there and it hasn’t gotten any saner in the ensuing years as this wackadoodle ideology has started to actually be taught in grade school.

Kids are impressionable and dumb. Have you forgotten everyone that you once knew about child psychology, or did you just never know anything about it?

by Anonymousreply 60May 28, 2023 9:03 PM

Fuck’s sake, people have been sharing the receipts online for the last several years. The videos on Libs Of TikTok are not doctored.

“Transgenderism” (a mental illness or a fetish) is not something that should be taught to very young children (pre-Middle School, for god’s sake) as just another normal variation within the human experience.

You’re several years behind on this topic if you think this isn’t happening in schools.

by Anonymousreply 61May 28, 2023 9:06 PM

[quote] Have you forgotten everyone that you once knew

everyone = everything

by Anonymousreply 62May 28, 2023 9:06 PM

They had been donating to anti-gay groups for some time. So it's better this way. Enough façade. And that they're bowing to bigots tells me what I need to know about them currently.

by Anonymousreply 63May 28, 2023 9:22 PM

They’re not “bowing to bigots”. They took down displays in certain stores because crazy people were going in and harassing the employees and making the employees feel unsafe.

by Anonymousreply 64May 28, 2023 9:28 PM

R33 I recently quit teaching after 15+ years (in middle school). None of this was encouraged by teachers. We definitely noticed an uptick in students identifying as other genders, although it has faded from popularity recently (I would say it peaked around 2018). Most of the kids I taught are influenced almost exclusively by social media. They don’t care what teachers think, and there are NOT hordes of teachers encouraging this.

by Anonymousreply 65May 28, 2023 9:34 PM

[quote] They don’t care what teachers think, and there are NOT hordes of teachers encouraging this.

That's what's so laughable about the deplorables. They claim teachers are turning students gay or trans, or "indoctrinating" them in critical race theory to turn them into social justice warriors. The reality is that teachers these days can't even get students to read, do basic math, complete homework assignments, or pay attention in class. So they sure as hell don't have the power to transform students' political beliefs or sexual identity.

by Anonymousreply 66May 28, 2023 10:27 PM

That’s good to know, R65, but it’s being taught in some elementary schools. Again, the Libs Of TikTok videos don’t lie — they’re just reposts of videos actual elementary, middle, and high school teachers have posted themselves, about their class curriculum.

Hopefully it isn’t widespread, and your experience is the more common one.

From all data I’ve seen, school-age kids identifying as trans or non-binary had continued to increase in the era of Covid, not decrease since 2018.

by Anonymousreply 67May 28, 2023 10:35 PM

[quote] Again, the Libs Of TikTok videos don’t lie

And why are you watching Libs of TikTok videos?

by Anonymousreply 68May 28, 2023 10:40 PM

[quote]Again, the Libs Of TikTok videos don’t lie

Lol, 'nuff said. Just stop with your anti-trans and racist nonsense. That's exactly what it is...

by Anonymousreply 69May 28, 2023 10:42 PM

Because they occasionally get shared by the people I follow on Twitter, R68. And no, I don’t follow a bunch of MAGA accounts, either, and I’ve never followed the Libs Of TikTok account.

What’s your point?

by Anonymousreply 70May 28, 2023 10:48 PM

[quote]What’s your point?

It's obvious to the rest of us, r70.

by Anonymousreply 71May 28, 2023 11:00 PM

[quote]What is even Pride about that?

Women's Pride swimsuits provide ample room for a woman's penis and testicles. Non-Pride women's swimsuits don't do that. Are you feeling the pride?

by Anonymousreply 72May 29, 2023 12:24 AM

No! No!

by Anonymousreply 73May 29, 2023 12:26 AM

Ha ha ha

by Anonymousreply 74May 29, 2023 12:47 AM

“Twilight” star Rachelle Lefevre accused Target of “trying to erase” LGBTQ people after it removed its “PRIDE” collection from the front of its stores following backlash from conservatives.

The actress blasted the retailer for engaging in “performative allyship” that she said falsely gave her 7-year-old child a sense of acceptance upon seeing the front-of-store Pride Month display.

“𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑖𝑛 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑡𝑤𝑜 𝑑𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑎𝑔𝑜 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑦 7-𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟-𝑜𝑙𝑑, 𝑤ℎ𝑜’𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑛𝑏𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑟𝑦, saw it and said, ‘𝑳𝒐𝒐𝒌, 𝑴𝒐𝒎, 𝒊𝒕’𝒔 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝑳𝒐𝒐𝒌, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚’𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒎𝒆,'” the Canadian actress said in an Instagram post while holding back tears.

“I can’t bring them here anymore, at least for the entire month of June, because if they walk in, and all the other people who walk in and go, ‘Where’d it go?’ are going to realize that they are being successful in trying to erase them.”

-----------

Rescue that poor child

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 29, 2023 8:34 AM

raising a nonbin baby is also “performative allyship”

by Anonymousreply 76May 29, 2023 8:46 AM

Libs of TikTok is the lady who encouraged the threats to the children's hospital, right?

Fuck that trash. She ought to be in jail, too. That is an act of Terror which makes that cunt a terrorist. LOCK HER UP

by Anonymousreply 77May 29, 2023 1:20 PM

What does this Target Pride Non-Binary 7-year-old have to do with Libs of TikTok, pray tell?

by Anonymousreply 78May 29, 2023 1:22 PM

Consumer rights question: if you buy one of those tucking swimsuits for dicks and girthy labia and it doesn't fit properly, are you able to get a full cash refund?

by Anonymousreply 79May 29, 2023 2:56 PM

[quote] 𝑚𝑦 7-𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟-𝑜𝑙𝑑, 𝑤ℎ𝑜’𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑛𝑏𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑟𝑦

I bet she has a vegan cat, too.

by Anonymousreply 80May 29, 2023 4:58 PM

[quote] 𝑳𝒐𝒐𝒌, 𝑴𝒐𝒎, 𝒊𝒕’𝒔 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝑳𝒐𝒐𝒌, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚’𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒎𝒆,'”

That seven year old child never said that. Who does she think she’s fooling. Like we don’t know how a seven year old behaves?

by Anonymousreply 81May 29, 2023 5:21 PM

Yes she did R81. Just like when I was three and asked my mom when the good fairy was going to come and change my penis into a vagina.

by Anonymousreply 82May 29, 2023 5:23 PM

[quote]Trans and drag. Gays are just along for the ride.

And lunatic trolls like you are just here to encourage division.

Fuck all the way off.

by Anonymousreply 83May 29, 2023 5:26 PM

I was at Target yesterday, 05/2/23, and I asked to see the display. It was really pathetic. There were 2 racks, about 3 feet long, with horribly designed clothing. I think all the push back might be, and I could be wrong, because of all the trans news in the media....

by Anonymousreply 84May 29, 2023 5:44 PM

Everyone is sick of incoherent trans ideology

by Anonymousreply 85May 29, 2023 5:48 PM

A marketing executive at Target also serves as the treasurer of a LGBT organization which receives millions of dollars from the retailer and advocates allowing trans and nonbinary school students to keep their gender identity secret from parents.

Carlos Saavedra, 43, is Target's vice president for brand management and also volunteers as a director at GLSEN, which supports LGBTQ youth in schools.

Details of Saavedra's role at GLSEN come as Target's donations to the organization were placed under the spotlight following a backlash to the retailer's Pride month range, which includes 'tuck-friendly' women's swimwear.

Target has reportedly donated $2.1 million to GLSEN, whose policies include ensuring school staff should 'ensure that all personally identifiable and medical information relating to transgender and nonbinary students is kept confidential'.

GLSEN's policy said this should include withholding the information from 'parents or guardians... unless the student has authorized such disclosure'. Critics say the policy 'violates [a parents'] right to parent their own children]'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 29, 2023 6:01 PM

Thanks for the link to Fox News. Do you have any articles from OAN or Breitbart you could share with us?

by Anonymousreply 87May 29, 2023 6:05 PM

Why does Main Street need to sell swimsuits for trans people? Isn’t that more of a niche product? I mean I’d Dollar General going to start selling them too?

by Anonymousreply 88May 29, 2023 6:10 PM

I heard Target tried to hire Dylan Mulvaney to promote their tucking swimsuits but Dylan refused because of his Normalise The Bulge moose hoof campaign.

by Anonymousreply 89May 29, 2023 6:12 PM

R89 is this a national campaign? Was it endorsed by the FDA?

by Anonymousreply 90May 29, 2023 6:18 PM

When I was a kid, my mother gave me a Barbie doll and an Easy-Bake Oven, because I asked for them even though I was a boy. Then and now I identify as 100% male. Can you imagine if that were today and I had asked for such things from a mother like Lefevre, what a fucked-up direction she would have led me on? My mother did the right thing and treated me like a boy who made some unusual toy choices.

by Anonymousreply 91May 29, 2023 7:09 PM

In the UK we have Susie Green who was the CEO of the disgraced Mermaids charity. Her son Jack liked dolls but Susie and her husband were freaked out that their son was feminine so they stopped him from playing with them. Jack then became convinced he was a girl and developed serious mental health problems and she took him to Thailand and he had "bottom surgery" on his 16th birthday.

Green joked that because Jack was on puberty blockers his penis was so small they didn't have much to work with to create a neo vagina.

Conversion therapy in action.

by Anonymousreply 92May 29, 2023 7:13 PM

[quote] "They’re not “bowing to bigots”. They took down displays in certain stores because crazy people were going in and harassing the employees and making the employees feel unsafe."

DONATING TO BIGOTS IS BOWING DOWN TO THEM, R64.

Target supposedly stopped donating to anti-gay politicians as part of the deal to acquire exclusive rights regarding the sale and distribution of "Born This Way". Because it directly benefitted them financially. Pride merch or no, I don't trust them at all. Their track record's trash.

by Anonymousreply 93May 29, 2023 7:24 PM

The Munchausen by proxy is strong with Jeanette.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 29, 2023 7:29 PM

Oh actually Jazz said that at 2, not at 4! Jazz sure talks about vagina all the time now. Maybe Jazz was molested, he's always been hypersexual in his speaking.

by Anonymousreply 95May 29, 2023 7:34 PM

Being gay is not a mental illness. Being trans is. (I believe, I realise most don't). Being gay and directly tied to LGBTQ+ is really wreaking havoc on gay rights - and as a staunch feminist I am really, really pissed off about the way women are expected to just let men have everything they want because they 'identify' as us. I am not boycotting Target but I was angry about the tucking thing too - stop putting dicks in women's clothing ads/on our playing fields.

by Anonymousreply 96May 29, 2023 7:49 PM

What about being a three holed f**got?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 29, 2023 7:50 PM

^she’s so hard-looking.

by Anonymousreply 98May 29, 2023 8:09 PM

Why does everyone have to go on and on about this? The people have spoken and you know what, Target ain’t goin away.

by Anonymousreply 99May 29, 2023 8:40 PM

There is no fucking thing as a non-binary anything, let alone a non-binary 7 year old. Someone needs to call protective services on that mother before they start with the drugs and lopping off body parts to be part of the fad.

by Anonymousreply 100May 29, 2023 8:55 PM

[quote]Being gay and directly tied to LGBTQ+ is really wreaking havoc on gay rights

How so, r96? Be specific.

by Anonymousreply 101May 29, 2023 9:07 PM

Funny how the deplorables never seemed to have a problem with the Trump campaign selling LGBT Pride merchandise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 29, 2023 9:07 PM

OK, kids, we’ve had our fun now let’s allow corporate America get back the business os stocking their shelves to 90% of things no one needs.

Problems arise when marketing gets cooked up in urban areas and then Little Nell from the country is encouraged to be more broad-minded and those on the margins are seen and empowered. Take the temperature of the room! Trans and enbys are the cause of a massive backlash that has no business being associated with Pride.

by Anonymousreply 103May 29, 2023 9:08 PM

[quote] Problems arise when marketing gets cooked up in urban areas and then Little Nell from the country is encouraged to be more broad-minded and those on the margins are seen and empowered. Take the temperature of the room!

Yes. From here on out, national retailers should should stop trying to be forward-thinking and should target all of their merchandise to the beliefs and desires of rural, conservative bigots in order to avoid any possibility of backlash.

by Anonymousreply 104May 29, 2023 9:16 PM

[quote]Funny how the deplorables never seemed to have a problem with the Trump campaign selling LGBT Pride merchandise.

Exactly. They don't. There are some people who are trying to make it look like the objection is to all pride merchandise, but you can see that it's about specific items. Kohls is also experiencing outrage right now, but when you look at the complaints on Twitter about it, it's all about the baby and child size merchandise. It's not about the adult size products.

by Anonymousreply 105May 29, 2023 9:57 PM

R50 has just exactly* described an ASDA in the UK, owned for 20 years by Walmart and sold 3 years ago, apparently the UK food market was too competitive for them.

*no gun fights in the car park though, sad times.

by Anonymousreply 106May 29, 2023 10:12 PM

That’s not what I said R104 and you needn’t have mischaracterized it as such. This is not a zero sum game. I don’t think national retailers should stop being forward thinking, but if they’re going to be it should center on appropriate pay scales, guarding their staff from the Karen epidemic, and being good community members. Pride is a celebration but it is community-centric. I don’t even believe that *all* backlash is in your wild generalization occurring in conservative, rural areas. Even I, an elder gay, am fatigued by “corporate allies” and being marketed to and pigeon-holed.

That said, I don’t think I’ve been in a Target in the past 7 years or so.

by Anonymousreply 107May 29, 2023 10:42 PM

[quote] Exactly. They don't. There are some people who are trying to make it look like the objection is to all pride merchandise, but you can see that it's about specific items. When you look at the complaints on Twitter about it, it's all about the baby and child size merchandise. It's not about the adult size products.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

If they're only concerned about children, then why were they so pissed off at Bud Light, which isn't for kids or marketed to kids? And let's not pretend that the MAGAts and other assorted deplorables have absolutely no problem with LGB people -- that their only problem is with the T. All you have to do is look at the policies and platforms of their leaders, the books they're trying to ban from schools, and the history of the past 40 or 50 years to realize they're not our allies.

by Anonymousreply 108May 29, 2023 11:04 PM

[quote] When you look at the complaints on Twitter about it, it's all about the baby and child size merchandise.

Exactly. This angry father explains how the Pride merchandise display at Target turned his son gay AND trans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109May 29, 2023 11:18 PM

There are some people on here who have been quoting libs of tiktok. WTF!!!??? This , on a gay website. And, some of the same posters have said 'she's not doctoring videos, she brings receipts". BULLSHIT Try reading the news once in a while - and by news, I don't mean Fox or OAN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 29, 2023 11:55 PM

R108, this may confound you, but LOTS of different types of people are opposed to trans ideology, or at least highly skeptical of it, for LOTS of different reasons.

by Anonymousreply 111May 29, 2023 11:57 PM

r108, you deliberately edited the quote to leave out that I specifically stated that the comments about child size were about Kohl's and then you did a straw man to pretend that it was referring to anything other than that. It just shows you're a liar.

Original:

[quote]Exactly. They don't. There are some people who are trying to make it look like the objection is to all pride merchandise, but you can see that it's about specific items. Kohls is also experiencing outrage right now, but when you look at the complaints on Twitter about it, it's all about the baby and child size merchandise. It's not about the adult size products.

Your falsified quote:

[quote]Exactly. They don't. There are some people who are trying to make it look like the objection is to all pride merchandise, but you can see that it's about specific items. When you look at the complaints on Twitter about it, it's all about the baby and child size merchandise. It's not about the adult size products.

by Anonymousreply 112May 30, 2023 12:04 AM

R110, I haven’t shared any Libs of TikTok videos, but I have seen ones that account has shared that are NOT doctored in any way. I’m thinking specifically of the videos uploaded by elementary school teachers who push gender ideology on kids.

by Anonymousreply 113May 30, 2023 12:10 AM

There are millions of teachers in this country. That at any given time a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of them are misbehaving shouldn’t come as a surprise. But LoTt takes that minuscule minority and puts them under a magnifying glass and acts as though they represent something far greater than they do in reality.

You’d have to be a complete fucking mouth-breathing idiot to think teachers pushing gender ideology is now the norm.

by Anonymousreply 114May 30, 2023 12:28 AM

STOP DEFENDING HER! This is an anit-gay witch who has a history of lying and taking things out of context. Her content has incited violence against GAY MEN all over the United States, including a Patriot Van filled with men in Idaho who were prepared to fire weapons at a gay pride event. STOP IT!!!!!!!!!! Read the following wikipedia article in full, and see the many instances in which she has taken things and labeled them incorrectly. Much of her content has nothing whatsoever to do with trans. Gay teachers all over the country are being attacked online and physically attacked for being groomers based upon her tiktok channel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115May 30, 2023 12:31 AM

[quote][R108], this may confound you, but LOTS of different types of people are opposed to trans ideology, or at least highly skeptical of it, for LOTS of different reasons.

This may confound you, r111, but you are the people who only get their info from specious sources and refuse to actually do serious research on the subject. Your opinion and argument is based only on "It just seems weird to me so it's wrong" and "I saw/read it on Youtube/Twitter/or a Murdoch source".

by Anonymousreply 116May 30, 2023 12:41 AM

Think of the children!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117May 30, 2023 12:43 AM

[quote] I am not boycotting Target but I was angry about the tucking thing too - stop putting dicks in women's clothing ads/on our playing fields.

And yet, TERF, you're one of the people driving this.

This is a gay discussion board. Fuck all the way off.

by Anonymousreply 118May 30, 2023 12:51 AM

TERF PRIDE R118.

Go now to a trans message board.

Pro TERF IS pro GAY

by Anonymousreply 119May 30, 2023 1:28 AM

That Shaya bitch of Libs of TikTok should be publicly humiliated and hopefully executed.

by Anonymousreply 120May 30, 2023 1:40 AM

[quote] I was at Target yesterday, 05/2/23, and I asked to see the display

lol. 🧐

by Anonymousreply 121May 30, 2023 1:44 AM

[quote] The shopping experience compared to say a Walmart would be akin to shopping at a post-apocalyptic store run by the people in "Idiocracy" and populated by customers that have an average IQ of 12, compared to a Target that advanced humans would visit.

Oh, dear. Hire a proofreader.

by Anonymousreply 122May 30, 2023 1:48 AM

So I see we're off prime time and the lunatics have arrived.

Again.

Oh joy.

by Anonymousreply 123May 30, 2023 1:49 AM

R118 You fuck off. If this is a gay board why are we talking about trans at all? LGB and TQ+ have *nothing* to do with one another. Go back to your Queer, Inc. strategy meeting.

by Anonymousreply 124May 30, 2023 2:16 AM

[quote]You fuck off. If this is a gay board why are we talking about trans at all?

Because lunatics like you won't shut the fuck about it?

Next stupid misleading question?

by Anonymousreply 125May 30, 2023 2:21 AM

This is a gay discussion board.

Trans people are part of the gay community, whether you fucking like it or not.

Spouting endless insane hate speech against them doesn't change that fact.

Go the fuck away.

by Anonymousreply 126May 30, 2023 2:24 AM

If they’re a part of the “community” then we can discuss them and how crazy they are and how homophobic their movement is. And we can discuss how we want them excommunicated, as their needs are often diametrically opposed to ours.

by Anonymousreply 127May 30, 2023 2:33 AM

I don't always understand or agree with everything that trans people do or say. But if I have to choose sides, and the choices are trans people on one side vs. redneck deplorables and judgmental fundamentalists on the other side, I'll side with trans people every time. And when one side resorts to citing Fox News or Libs of TikTok to support their arguments, I'll always choose the other side.

[quote] when you look at the complaints on Twitter about it, it's all about the baby and child size merchandise.

Oh, I've seen the complaints on Twitter. The types of people who are doing the complaining are not our allies, and they're not the type of people I'd want to be around.

by Anonymousreply 128May 30, 2023 2:44 AM

Trans are not the ally of Lesbian women. Not even close.

by Anonymousreply 129May 30, 2023 4:04 AM

Not to worry. They will replacing Pride Displays with the Liza Minnelli clothing line that debuted on HSN in 2010. Word is there is a warehouse FULL of Charmeuse Scarfs and Sequined Boyfriend Blazers. If those MAGA's thought the Pride Display was GAY wait until they see this one!

by Anonymousreply 130May 30, 2023 4:59 AM

[quote] If those MAGA's thought the Pride Display was GAY wait until they see this one!

That's what Target should do: Take down the Pride displays and replace them with permanent displays of flamboyant, over-the-top gay fashions for adults, complete with pro-gay and pro-gay marriage messages (maybe even a big neon sign that flashes "GAY PRIDE! ... GAY PRIDE!"). Since the MAGAs insist their only problem is with trans clothing for children, not with adult clothing or with gay pride in general, they should have no problem with this.

by Anonymousreply 131May 30, 2023 5:38 AM

I love you R131!

by Anonymousreply 132May 30, 2023 5:49 AM

[quote] they're not the type of people I'd want to be around.

Narrow escape for them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133May 30, 2023 6:02 AM

Are we primarily talking about rainbows on children’s clothes? And rainbows 🌈 are pretty and happen in real life? But guns that kill children are okay? I don’t recognize this country anymore.

by Anonymousreply 134May 30, 2023 6:16 AM

R131 Fabulous displays! Every month is Pride month!

by Anonymousreply 135May 30, 2023 6:54 AM

[quote] Eventually, the conservatives switched to bitching that their opposition was kids' clothing, since their current fearmongering focuses on transgender young people, but what started it was Target advertising that it is this year selling women's bathing suits made to hide men's genitals.

R38 The fuck. No, it's not "happy pride" from me this year then, not for Adidas at least.

by Anonymousreply 136May 30, 2023 8:12 AM

Is Target selling "tucking" bathing suits marketed to children? I've seen it implied that they do, but the only examples I've seen are the adult size bathing suits. I definitely agree that this would be totally inappropriate for children. Don't see any issue with rainbow items period. Not too keen on seeing messaging regarding sexuality on children's clothing, but I don't want to see religious or political messaging on children's clothing either. Kids don't need to be billboards for their parents beliefs or propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 137May 30, 2023 11:35 AM

[quote] Is Target selling "tucking" bathing suits marketed to children? I've seen it implied that they do, but the only examples I've seen are the adult size bathing suits.

The AP and others have been playing word games about the tags on the products. They say it’s false that children’s swimwear is part of this because the tags on that swimwear don’t say “tuck-friendly”. However, they bury at the end of the article the admission that a kid’s swimwear does state “Thoughtfully Fit on Multiple Body Types and Gender Expressions.” Target avoided using the word “tuck” on the child size, but just used different words.

[quote] At a Target in New York City’s downtown Brooklyn neighborhood that the AP visited on Monday, the same adult swimsuits shown on social media featured the “tuck-friendly” tag, while a kids’ black swimskirt for sale instead had a tag reading: “Thoughtfully Fit on Multiple Body Types and Gender Expressions.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138May 30, 2023 12:18 PM

Coming soon, a new picture book for kids aged 6-9, "Tucking Titania" in which our heroine Titania, a trans girl aged 8, can't find the right swimwear to wear to a pool party with the popular girls at her new school. Thankfully Titania's cis grandmother Laverne is a dab hand with a sewing machine and makes Titania some bikini bottoms out of Pride flag she saw an angry man trying to burn outside a homeless shelter for disabled black trans sex workers.

And in a shocking twist in Tucking Titania, the angry man burning the pride flag turns out to be the dad of Celestia, the cis girl the pool party is in aid of. It turns out the dad is confused by his attraction to black trans sex workers but after a long conversation with Laverne, the dad realises he's not a transphobe but really into girl dick.

by Anonymousreply 139May 30, 2023 12:40 PM

Target is going about this all wrong. When the displays when up they should have been called "The Melania Trump Collection". Problem solved. All of a sudden there would be no issues with rainbows or "tucks" in bathing suits. That's how much these people actually care about this important "issue".

by Anonymousreply 140May 30, 2023 3:52 PM

They do sell binders for girls though, and those are fucking gross. If you've seen what binders do to chests, you'd puke.

by Anonymousreply 141May 30, 2023 4:14 PM

[quote]If you've seen what binders do to chests, you'd puke.

How would *you* know, r141?

by Anonymousreply 142May 30, 2023 4:18 PM

How would I know? I've seen pics of it online, not in libs of tik tok either. I don't fucking use tik tok. Is it supposedly a secret?

by Anonymousreply 143May 30, 2023 4:23 PM

[quote]I've seen pics of it online

LOL

by Anonymousreply 144May 30, 2023 4:32 PM

The woman should wear the dresh, not the dresh wear the woman!

by Anonymousreply 145May 30, 2023 8:12 PM

Target has not removed the display in my local store. It may have to do with power lesbians running the front of the store, keeping cunty customers in line, and the cute shop bottoms who do softlines

by Anonymousreply 146May 31, 2023 12:47 AM

Going out on a limb here and declaring this story absolute horseshit.

Let's wait and see if actual merch is being yanked from stores before believing random fuckwits on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 147May 31, 2023 1:06 AM

This saddens me so much. I don’t know what else to say about things…

by Anonymousreply 148May 31, 2023 1:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!