Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A new term: “BudLighted”

I didn’t see this coming in 2023. Watered down beer brand names being weaponized.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2023 1:48 PM

This is basically just Republican Cancel Culture

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2023 1:14 AM

I’m so tired of the word “weaponized.”

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2023 1:15 AM

Who would have thought that it would have gone this far? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2023 1:23 AM

Well what would you call it, r2? A term of affection?

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2023 1:24 AM

Someone online wished that gun manufacturers would sell rainbow guns for Pride just to watch the Second Amendment idiots explode.

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2023 1:26 AM

if Bud Light puts a USA flag on the front, they'd recover

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2023 1:28 AM

R4, it’s just an overused word this year. There’s always one.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2023 1:28 AM

r5 Already been done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2023 1:29 AM

Anyone else love how a white woman is responsible for this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2023 1:30 AM

Target deserves to be boycotted. Caving in to MAGA-zines.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2023 1:33 AM

R9, save your anger for the MAGA white women. They vote for politicians who are still against gay marriage in 2023

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2023 1:38 AM

MAGA hates gay pride and gay marriage but gleefully accepts millions from Peter Thiel who holds gay orgies and "keeps" male models

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2023 1:42 AM

God I hate the world today.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2023 1:48 AM

The article is trying to define "BudLighted" as something that the people who are appalled by corporate behavior do. To "Mulvaney" would be what a company does, deliberating sabotaging their own brand by endorsing bizarre people and products that any normal person would be appalled by.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2023 1:54 AM

I didn’t see “to Mulvaney” in the article.

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2023 1:56 AM

When Pride became nothing but a commercial money grab by corporations, it ceased to be meaningful.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2023 3:02 AM

[quote] Anyone else love how a white woman is responsible for this?

Quite the mouth on her there, R9.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2023 3:43 AM

[Quote]Anyone else love how a white woman is responsible for this?

Homophobes, republicans and the usual bigots are "responsible for this," idiot. But you're probably one of them which is why you blame "white women." Troll.

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2023 3:49 AM

R9 As I said in another thread, Pride has been hijacked by straight women. By young teenage girls who go through a “phase” like being goth or emo and will buy everything that has a rainbow on it, which is why straight women in companies are marketing it.

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2023 3:53 AM

Is this what people mean when they say the pendulum swings the other way?

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2023 3:54 AM

Of course I've never had a reason to add it up, but I know I spend a lot of money at Target and have done so for many years. So when push comes to shove, they are only fair-weather supporters of our community? Well guess what, Target. That door swings both ways. I think I'll withhold my money from them for a good long while and get my household stuff elsewhere instead.

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2023 5:21 AM

[quote] I think I'll withhold my money from them for a good long while and get my household stuff elsewhere instead.

So you will buy your tuck-friendly women’s swimwear elsewhere?

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2023 10:24 AM

R22 Why so snide? Were you not hugged enough as a child?

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2023 1:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!