Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

OUTRAGEOUS BEHAVIOR: NYC ‘Karen’ Placed on Leave After Viral CitiBike Incident

The white woman dubbed online as a "Karen" after she was seen allegedly attempting to steal a CitiBike from a Black man who had already rented it has been placed on leave by her employer. Video of the encounter went viral after it was shared on Saturday, showing the unidentified woman, wearing a NYC Health & Hospitals uniform, screaming for help while the man attempts to stop her from taking the bike. NYC Health + Hospitals confirmed to The Daily Beast that the woman, who works at Bellevue Hospital, has been placed on leave, pending review, after the “disturbing” video surfaced. It has since been viewed more than 40 million times. “We are aware of the video involving a health care provider off duty and away from the hospital campus. The incident in the video is disturbing,” a spokesperson for NYC Health + Hospitals said. “The provider is currently out on leave and will remain on leave pending a review. As a health system we are committed to providing an environment for our patients and staff that is free from discrimination of any kind.” A DCPI spokesperson told the Post “the NYPD is aware of the video circulating online but nothing was reported.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463May 31, 2023 5:21 AM

Drunk? Still an obnoxious Karen.

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2023 4:14 PM

I love the faux crying at the end, which disappeared in an instant.

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2023 5:58 PM

Apparently the bike was hers though…she has receipts, literally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2023 7:42 PM

R3, if the bike was hers then one thing that should be on her "to do list" is to sue her employer for putting her on leave.

by Anonymousreply 4May 19, 2023 12:46 AM

The New York Post tells lies all the time

by Anonymousreply 5May 19, 2023 12:48 AM

WHO'S THE HOT PIECE THAT SHOWS UP IN THE LAST 5 SECONDS? YUMMY!

by Anonymousreply 6May 19, 2023 2:02 AM

Worked at Bellevue, all you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 7May 19, 2023 2:07 AM

[quote]she has receipts, literally.

Allegedly. Let her present them.

by Anonymousreply 8May 19, 2023 2:12 AM

OP/R3 humiliating - so many threads before this one

by Anonymousreply 9May 19, 2023 2:20 AM

The lawyer (of the karen ) responded, before the video was released. My guess, is the lawyer is the hospital lawyer.

he video proves the young men were telling the truth. Therefore, she is going to be fired. She is on some sort of leave. The video also shows that the young men were cooperating with others there. There were other people at the scene. The young men were also speaking calming to others. Something that the crazy karen lawyers lied about.

by Anonymousreply 10May 19, 2023 9:35 AM

The lawyer (of the karen ) responded, before the video was released. My guess, is the lawyer is the hospital lawyer.

The video proves the young men were telling the truth. Thus, she is going to be fired. She is on some sort of leave. The video also shows that the young men were cooperating with others there. There were other people at the scene. The young men were also speaking calming to everyone. Something that the crazy karen lawyers lied about.

by Anonymousreply 11May 19, 2023 9:37 AM

She's already proved she paid for the bike.

They were trying to steal it from her.

This is like the old "Reverse pickpocket" scam.

Scammer slips a wallet with their id and a few dollars into the pocket of the Mark. Scammer begins screaming that the Mark has stolen from them. Crowd gathers, admonishing, police arrive and search the "robber" Mark. Find the wallet. Then Scammer screams "They stole 50 dollarsfrom me! Where is my $50?"

Police order the Mark to pay the scammer the $50 and then haul the Mark off to the station. Scammer leaves with $50.

As old as time itself.

by Anonymousreply 12May 19, 2023 9:43 AM

Fuck the bike.

She stole his phone.

That's enough to get fired while wearing her nurse uniform and flashing her ID.

by Anonymousreply 13May 19, 2023 9:45 AM

Rupert Murdock and that racist lot is helping her. So is this reliable, NO.

The hospital placed her on leave. They have the video now. She is lying. She does not own that bike, it is a city rental. I am sure the city verified the young men payment history. They all paid for rental bikes. She is clearly lying in the video too. The chick cannot stop lying. A karen cannot be in medical/health care. I hope she is kicked out. She is a fucking scary liar too.

by Anonymousreply 14May 19, 2023 9:51 AM

[r13] is correct. This crazy karen stole the young man's phone. Also, there were other people there and it was caught on video. She should be fired because a person like this cannot be trusted with people sick in the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 15May 19, 2023 9:54 AM

I hope she gets fired.

by Anonymousreply 16May 19, 2023 9:54 AM

it is a rental bike, a citi rental bike. The young men already paid for the bikes that they were on.

by Anonymousreply 17May 19, 2023 9:57 AM

Yes, r17, and she tried to steal one from them.

by Anonymousreply 18May 19, 2023 9:59 AM

Bottom Line: She Rented The Bike

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2023 10:03 AM

the crazy karen should be fired. Moreover, they asked HER to get another bike that was right there the whole time. The young men are only teen agers. She did this to minors. She stole one of their phones too. She is a KKKaren to be sure.

by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2023 10:04 AM

She physically attack teenagers and stole their phone. It is not her bike at all. These are city rental bikes. so they could not be stealing her bike. It is deranged. There was another bike right there the whole time. They told her to check out that bike. She is CRAY.

by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2023 10:07 AM

Better / original thread below...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 19, 2023 10:08 AM

something is off about her. The hospital needs to fire her. You have to understand there are cray people in medical and health care. A situation like this illustrates how dangerous this person is.

by Anonymousreply 23May 19, 2023 10:09 AM

Bottom line:

White woman of privilege dressed in a uniform steals a black dude's phone.

He should report his phone theft to 911 and send the police report incident-number to Karen's attorney.

by Anonymousreply 24May 19, 2023 10:13 AM

the teens are explaining it to everyone that they had rented the citi bikes already. Very polite. She is the nutjob. She is attacking them and steals one of the teen's phones. Also, they told her to check out the other bike that was right there, the whole time. The teens stayed and were cooperating with everyone.

by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2023 10:19 AM

It wasn't her bike, R19. It did not belong to her. Even if she had rented it ( doubtful), why didn't she just back off and take another bike instead of acting like a screaming harpie?

by Anonymousreply 26May 19, 2023 10:44 AM

Works at Bellevue or escaped from Bellevue?

by Anonymousreply 27May 19, 2023 10:50 AM

The receipt her lawyer provided still isn't evidence that she rented the bike before the young men.

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2023 5:43 PM

Thieving heifer.

by Anonymousreply 29May 20, 2023 12:12 AM

Anybody else think she bares a resemblance to Cro-Magnon Traitor Gangrene?

by Anonymousreply 30May 20, 2023 12:23 AM

There is yet to be shown whether the time of the receipts matched the time of the incident.

by Anonymousreply 31May 20, 2023 1:31 AM

I wonder if her next job will be shooting ping pong balls from her cooter

by Anonymousreply 32May 20, 2023 1:32 AM

R28, if he (why are their 5 guys involved?) had already rented that bike in that bike station, she would not have been able to. All the information is on the receipt.

by Anonymousreply 33May 20, 2023 2:12 AM

Even if she did rent the bike, there was no reason for her histrionics, other than her being a racist Karen.

by Anonymousreply 34May 20, 2023 2:45 AM

She needs to be fired STAT.

by Anonymousreply 35May 20, 2023 7:07 AM

Her lawyer is scum. Is this the hospital lawyer? The Hospital has a responsibility to move to protect the Teens, the minors in this situation.

by Anonymousreply 36May 20, 2023 7:09 AM

Why does it have to be about race?? Even if she was wrong (still not clear she was), why can't she just be a bitch?

Anytime something bad happens to black people, it's ALWAYS ABOUT RACIE??? WTF

by Anonymousreply 37May 20, 2023 7:16 AM

You people are insane. A pregnant nurse isn't coming off a 12 hour shift to rob 5 teenagers of some bike.

This a ruse aka a robbery. They physically assaulted her pushing her pregnant belly and that guy would not take his arm from her stomach. The racist grifters that have tried to destroy her are scum and I hope she sues every one of them.

This is her lawyer - not the hospital's lawyer. Are you daft? Why would he be the hospital's lawyer. The hospital better get sued as well.

I have actually never seen such cruel and nasty kids. If they were really kids.

by Anonymousreply 38May 20, 2023 7:16 AM

Sarah Comrie's gofundme is over $71k

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 20, 2023 9:18 AM

I don’t think she should be fired.

by Anonymousreply 40May 20, 2023 11:40 AM

[Quote] Anytime something bad happens to black people, it's ALWAYS ABOUT RACE???

You think her GoFundMe is over 70k because she’s a nurse?

The white supremacists are come out to support her because THEY make it about race

by Anonymousreply 41May 20, 2023 11:41 AM

As did Ben Crump, r41.

by Anonymousreply 42May 20, 2023 12:15 PM

her lawyer is scum, just like her.

by Anonymousreply 43May 20, 2023 12:27 PM

[quote]You people are insane. A pregnant nurse isn't coming off a 12 hour shift to rob 5 teenagers of some bike.

Maybe she was in a hurry to get home and thought she could get away with the scam.

by Anonymousreply 44May 20, 2023 12:40 PM

GoFundMe $73,400 raised of $95,000 goal

2k contributors

UPDATED 5/19: My name is Bob Roe. Late last week, my niece, Sarah Comrie, a Physician Assistant at Bellevue, became embroiled in a much-publicized incident with a Citibike that unfairly painted her as a racist "Karen." The facts have since proven this is a lie, but the damage has been done. In fact, Sarah is a dedicated healthcare worker who is six months pregnant. 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒔 𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒓, and has dedicated her life to serving NYC's most challenged individuals.

-------------------------

Being a pregnant SJW didn't buy her much leeway from the lynch mob.

by Anonymousreply 45May 20, 2023 12:52 PM

she accused the teens of stealing her bike. It is not possible because it is a RENTAL bike, a citi bike. Get it.

If you watch the video, she does nothing to solve the situation. The teens are polite and other people are around, but she is too crazy. She physically attacks the teens and steal their phone. It is cray.

Fire this person now. I do not want this person near be while I am in the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 46May 20, 2023 12:56 PM

"and has dedicated her life to serving NYC's most challenged individuals."

which is herself.

by Anonymousreply 47May 20, 2023 12:58 PM

They are TEENS. The hospital has a responsible to protect teens in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 48May 20, 2023 1:00 PM

She lied about the situation. She was caught because there is a video tape. FIRE HER NOW!

by Anonymousreply 49May 20, 2023 1:01 PM

I'd like to say I can't believe there are still dumbasses on here insisting that she was stealing the bike herself, but DL is full of that kind of stupid person these days.

She and her attorney provided the receipt that shows her account reserved this bike and got a charge for it, though the charge was $0 because the bike got put back on the stand during the incident before being used. Her receipt matches the number on the bike.

It's very common for people to grab a rental bike from someone who has rented it just after they take it off the stand and run off with it, because they get it for free.

This was a pregnant woman who had just gotten off a 12-hour work shift, there's not much chance she was going to confront a bunch of teen boys larger than her, just to steal a bike.

by Anonymousreply 50May 20, 2023 1:02 PM

Really, some idiot is using sockpuppets to constantly post the lie that this woman is guilty? Why? It's barely 9AM on a Saturday morning, what kind of engagement do you think you're going to get with this?

by Anonymousreply 51May 20, 2023 1:03 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 20, 2023 1:04 PM

She is raising money via white supremist circles. How is that not a racist?

The issue is she attack TEENS. She stole a teen-agers, a minor, phone. She was not trying to resolve this situation. She cannot be trust with minors. But now that she is raising money from white supremist, okay, she is a racist too.

by Anonymousreply 53May 20, 2023 1:04 PM

You can't even speak English, r53. Go away.

by Anonymousreply 54May 20, 2023 1:07 PM

her receipt proved something we already know, it was not her bike. It was a rental. Why did she steal the teens phone? Why did she go cray about a rental bike? It is very nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 55May 20, 2023 1:08 PM

her receipt proved something we already know, it was not her bike. It was a rental. Why did she steal the teens phone? Why did she go cray about a rental bike? It is very nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 56May 20, 2023 1:08 PM

She look like a man!

by Anonymousreply 57May 20, 2023 1:09 PM

Won't someone please SHIT IN MY MOUTH???!???!???!????

by Anonymousreply 58May 20, 2023 1:09 PM

Always racial when blacks are involved. No one said anything racist but every black person is screaming racism. She is a pregnant healthcare worker coming off a 12 hour shift, she rented a bike and wants to go home. The teens aren’t caring for her plight , they wanted a free bike and then made it racial and she broke down. She is mentally fragile because of her pregnancy and the workload, how can they be so rude?

by Anonymousreply 59May 20, 2023 1:17 PM

Actions always speak louder than words.

by Anonymousreply 60May 20, 2023 1:19 PM

The screenshot of her receipt proves nothing to me since that could easily be photoshopped. It would take seconds to create that image.

Show us an email, text, or credit card receipt.

I’m not saying she’s guilty, but society needs to be way more skeptical of “photo evidence” when technology like photoshop and CGI is freely available.

by Anonymousreply 61May 20, 2023 1:19 PM

So many Klan MARY!s at this site.

by Anonymousreply 62May 20, 2023 1:21 PM

Riding a bike in NYC is as dangerous as climbing Mt. Everest.

And avoid those subways, too.

by Anonymousreply 63May 20, 2023 1:23 PM

R59 posting straight from the turnip truck

by Anonymousreply 64May 20, 2023 1:26 PM

She lied and stated that she was a victim of a crime. Then, the video came out and proves she the cray one. Are these teens okay? Is anyone checking on them?

She really needs to be fired.

by Anonymousreply 65May 20, 2023 1:37 PM

If she really had rented the bike, the easiest thing to do would be to cancel or close that rental. Wait two minutes and rent another one.

by Anonymousreply 66May 20, 2023 1:56 PM

[quote]This was a pregnant woman who had just gotten off a 12-hour work shift, there's not much chance she was going to confront a bunch of teen boys larger than her, just to steal a bike.

So the real question is : Why is a 6 month pregnant woman who was on her feet for a 12 hour shift as a Physician Assistant at Bellevue renting a 'CitiBike' to go to her next destination ? That's certainly not the safest mode of transportation on NYC streets, and the pregnant woman must be physically exhausted at that point.

Why didn't she call a Lyft, Uber, etc. or seek some other transportation other than a bike ? It doesn't make any sense.

by Anonymousreply 67May 20, 2023 2:04 PM

5 loser men against a petite, pregnant. health care worker? What a bunch of pathetic faggots.

by Anonymousreply 68May 20, 2023 2:06 PM

No, she's an entitled petite pregnant loony.

by Anonymousreply 69May 20, 2023 2:40 PM

Given how an outrageous number of black "men" treat their women and children, this episode hardly comes as a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 70May 20, 2023 3:54 PM

So is she fired yet or still on leave?

by Anonymousreply 71May 20, 2023 3:56 PM

What about arresting the group of men who attempted to rob her of her paid for rental bike?

by Anonymousreply 72May 20, 2023 4:01 PM

[quote]I'd like to hear The View’s take on this.

Sunny Hostile would have offered to pay for the young man's bike rental, then offered him a bottle of water and some food.

by Anonymousreply 73May 20, 2023 11:45 PM

Who knows what really happened, but I saw a reporter that doesn't support the nurse's position.

She sure didn't look credible in the video.

by Anonymousreply 74May 20, 2023 11:47 PM

Hope she gets a payout like that Sandmann kid.

The media can ruin your life with a false story before the facts are out.

by Anonymousreply 75May 21, 2023 2:17 AM

the video is the current story. The video disproves that the bike was stolen,. She was caught in a lie basically.

It looks like the hospital is going to fire her. The white supremist fundraising money goes to this lawyer, who is trying to get her some sort of deal with that hospital. The hospital responsibility is to the minors, the teens, not her.

I cannot explain her behavior. It is crazy. I mean, very nutjob. She has to be fired.

by Anonymousreply 76May 21, 2023 7:06 AM

I hope she SUES a the fuck out of everybody.

by Anonymousreply 77May 21, 2023 7:17 AM

"she accused the teens of stealing her bike. It is not possible because it is a RENTAL bike, a citi bike. "

You wouldn't want to rent a bike and then have someone else take it any more than you would want to rent a car and then have someone else drive it away.

When you pay to rent something, that property is your responsibility and if someone takes it, not only are you now without a ride, you have all the headache, responsibilities and hassle of figuring out what to do, reporting the crime, contacting your credit card company, hoping you're not stuck with a huge bill if the person decides to trash it etc etc.

If she did indeed rent the bike and was starting to take it from the stand, it was hers in a significant sense, and in that context, her reaction would be understandable. It seems a more likely explanation for what we see on the video, rather than: she finished her shift and then decided to attack and rob a group of five males of a rental bike?!

Or are people here saying that if she paid to rent the bike, and then some guys come along to take it, she should just quietly accept that's what happened and pay for another?

by Anonymousreply 78May 21, 2023 7:39 AM

i saw the video. She lied. Her lawyer is lying.

What I am saying is this, she is a raging nutjob and the hospital needs to fire her STAT.

by Anonymousreply 79May 21, 2023 8:19 AM

HOW MIGHTY-WHITE....

$100k raised over an ignunt parked-bike disagreement.

by Anonymousreply 80May 21, 2023 10:54 AM

I think she intended to take the bike from the young guy, R78. In the video, she never once claimed that she rented the bike, while the young man made it clear that it was his rental.

What's important here is her acting all hysterical/fake crying over the incident and trying to get the young men in trouble, even if she did rent the bike. "Oh, I'm a pregnant health care worker who just worked 12 hours" is her excuse for her actions and it seems that no one is buying what she's selling.

by Anonymousreply 81May 21, 2023 1:20 PM

Sure, that's what you're saying, r79.

Others of us have doubts and would prefer to be sure we know the whole story BEFORE we start screaming for her blood. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 82May 21, 2023 1:26 PM

What we all saw is the woman screaming and using her white lady tears to try and get those kids in trouble when there was absolutely no threat to her, R82. She needs to be fired and should never work in health care again.

by Anonymousreply 83May 21, 2023 1:31 PM

R73, And a date with her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 84May 21, 2023 1:32 PM

I saw the video.

This nutcase attacked teens, minor children. She stole one of their phone. She and her scum lawyer are LYING. This video is the evidence. They have been caught blatantly LYING, both the psycho and the scum lawyer are LYINg). Even more serious, she is a raging nutjob. There is no way a person like this should be near children or teens, or anyone seeking medical care in a hospital or medical facility.

Fire her STAT.

by Anonymousreply 85May 21, 2023 1:39 PM

"I saw the video."

Do you think those of us with a different opinion somehow missed it?

by Anonymousreply 86May 21, 2023 1:41 PM

Okay, you can be medical treated by this psycho. But not the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 87May 21, 2023 1:45 PM

I'm on record as being opposed to calling women "Karen". It is someone's NAME, not to be twisted. Say their names.

by Anonymousreply 88May 21, 2023 1:48 PM

The lie that this was a white woman trying to steal from black men has already been disproven. Her lawyer is filing lawsuits against those pushing this. Wow. These “youths”and the Twitter mob bullying and harassing a pregnant nurse who just got off a 12 hour shift. And the job putting her on leave. SMH. There’s got to be revenge.

by Anonymousreply 89May 21, 2023 1:51 PM

I watched the video, and I know this will get smirks here, but is is possible she is "on the spectrum"? That would explain her odd behavior. And I didn't see her cursing or throwing the the n-word.

From the video you cannot tell the context of what is happening in that situation.

by Anonymousreply 90May 21, 2023 1:53 PM

This needs to be the lawsuit to end all lawsuits. The media is going to continue to encourage terrorizing middle class white women until they are forced to pay through the nose. Interesting how this hate fest against average women who usually can't afford to sue has coincided with this over the top worship of famous and glamorous women. #Paris Hilton is a victim# cancel Hulu for making a pamela Lee doc# etc.etc. It almost seems like the press wants elite women put on a untouchable pedestal while they encourage harassment against women they don't see as worthy of protection.

by Anonymousreply 91May 21, 2023 1:57 PM

This thread here is the best example I’ve seen of misogyny. For those who’ve never worked twelve hours straight, your mind is spent. You’re at your limits. Add a pregnancy to that and it’s even harder on you. The average person would likely explode at having to deal with an incident like this. Also, low class black men like these have a tendency to punch women in the face. Hard. This poor woman was fortunate this incident didn’t turn out worse.

by Anonymousreply 92May 21, 2023 2:02 PM

Her lawyer, who was paid for by white supremist, is trying to deal with her being fired, and possible her license to practice being revoked. I do not think it will be sucessful because he is threatening everyone on tv. He is major scum. They have both been caught lying. The video tape shows they lied.

by Anonymousreply 93May 21, 2023 2:03 PM

R93 No, you are a liar spreading lies yourself. If you’re not a paid commentator then you’re just a sociopath, full of hatred, on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 94May 21, 2023 2:05 PM

Agree 100% with R92. Hopefully, the DM and NYP give us more background info on these "kids".

by Anonymousreply 95May 21, 2023 2:05 PM

R91, it also conincides with the praise of men who dress as women and how they are supposedly the most powerless among us.

by Anonymousreply 96May 21, 2023 2:06 PM

If she handed over the bike to the lying bullies she would've been held legally responsible (1200) dollar fee. More and more women are going to be extorted like this because the other option is being destroyed by a psychotic misogynistic lynch mob. Remember ladies, don't ever stand up for yourself in public. Laughing at the freaks insisting that a pregnant women working for 12 hours faked her tears.

by Anonymousreply 97May 21, 2023 2:08 PM

Ha. The video at OP's link no longer exists, We can't see Karen pretending to cry.

by Anonymousreply 98May 21, 2023 2:09 PM

Yeah this is all blatant misogyny. People want so badly to yell about white women because it has become fashionable that they’re willing to ignore facts and a context that makes no sense. Sure this pregnant lady was accosting these 5 men. We also routinely see pregnant white ladies robbing stores, looting and commiting crimes. Also the people implying that the only reason an exhausted pregnant woman would cry is to steal a bike and not because she was scared is fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 99May 21, 2023 2:17 PM

R93 there's no white supremacist backer you fucking liar. What there is is a 100k go fund me raised to pay for the pregnant victims legal bills. It will be pretty funny watching the scumbag liars of the press forced to issue apologies and give this woman a payout I guess Yahoo daily beast, NBC and co thought there was no chance of some random nurse fighting back. They clearly thought wrong.

by Anonymousreply 100May 21, 2023 2:21 PM

This was probably a roving group of either con men or pranksters videotaping themselves for SM.

There are now young men filming themselves "pranking" people at the airport accusing them of stealing their luggage. But they're really nasty about it.

Or how about the pranksters pretending to pour gasoline on people's cars and saying they're going to burn their cars. One guy pulled a gun in the merry pranksters. One of the videos showed the gasoline guy chasing someone pretending he was going to dump gasoline on him.

I have predicted increased home invasions for a while now and I saw something like that in the UK where they just come into someone's house with the people right there and act like they live there as a joke and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens here. Of course here they'd get shot so they'd have to be careful what states they did that in.

The summer of Floyd has wrought a wave of brazen lawlessness that endangers everyone, including the perpetrators. Chaos is not how you want to live.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 21, 2023 2:25 PM

All anyone them had to do was push the bike back into the locking mechanism, and then start over on separate bikes. Citibike often malfunctions and I’ve had to put a bike back orbibe had issues where it shows I pulled it out when the bike was still locked. There’s more info to be had than a random screenshot.

by Anonymousreply 102May 21, 2023 2:27 PM

Yes, white professionals never do anything wrong. Prominent white businessmen don't go to jail for fraud. That white bitch who was walking her dog off leash in Central Park did not lie about the black man threatening her. It was misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 103May 21, 2023 2:34 PM

R103 white men commiting fraud has nothing to do with misogyny you fucking idiot. Central Park wasn’t 5 on 1 either. Look, you fucked up and so eagerly wanted to cry about white women tears that you ignored logic and context and now you feel embarrassed and are doubling down.

by Anonymousreply 104May 21, 2023 2:42 PM

No, but it has to do with some people immediately taking the side of white professionals when they're in a confrontation with young black men. Sorry but some white professionals are liars.

by Anonymousreply 105May 21, 2023 2:46 PM

I see we have a real troll here.

Christian Bird Watcher DID threaten her and her doggie, too. Go read his own SM account where he admits to what he said. LOL You don't ever do that to a female alone in an isolated part of Central Park or anywhere. He knew he was wrong which is why he backed off her in the media and tried to sound all gracious about it. Women who find themselves confronted by men in such situations are advised to do and say anything you can to scare the guy away.

But here it's so obvious what these guys are doing. A guy came into the scene and suggested they lock it and start from scratch and the guys refused. Though it did get relocked. The man pushed against her belly to cover the code on the bike so she couldn't do anything. You can see he keeps his arm extended over her belly covering the code almost the entire time.

These were physically aggressive men trying to rob her or con her out of that bike. Anyone who can't see this has an IQ lower than those who couldn't spot the horse. We'll call this spot-the-thief.

Now even 6 months pregnant women in hospital uniforms are fair game for thugs.

Notice the thugs haven't come forward.

by Anonymousreply 106May 21, 2023 2:46 PM

[quote] No, but it has to do with some people immediately taking the side of white professionals when they're in a confrontation with young black men. Sorry but some white professionals are liars.

You're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 107May 21, 2023 2:48 PM

Isn't it obvious that we have a LSA interloper on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 108May 21, 2023 2:49 PM

R106, you mean to say the woman with the off leash dog was fired for no good reason. I guess she sued her previous employer and got a lot of money, right?

by Anonymousreply 109May 21, 2023 2:54 PM

Isn't this like a scam or something? Hate these bikes

I never use these things. I don't trust it. Paid for one and never got to use it because it was dead. Never got the refund. Fuuuck that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 21, 2023 2:57 PM

Amy Cooper had a private dispute with another new Yorker. She should not have been fired or had to leave the country.

by Anonymousreply 111May 21, 2023 2:58 PM

[quote]The media is going to continue to encourage terrorizing middle class white women until they are forced to pay through the nose.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 112May 21, 2023 3:01 PM

Just report the one troll.

by Anonymousreply 113May 21, 2023 3:02 PM

Oh and no one try the BS that Cooper was trying to get him shot. 99 percent of these interactions don't end that way. All this karen shit is about is a bunch of media slimeballs who enjoy the power they are now wielding over women. Everyday women who aren't particularly connected or rich are now rendered powerless against any provocation and that fills a lot of people with glee.. I think they are still in a sour rage over me too and want to extract payback.

by Anonymousreply 114May 21, 2023 3:04 PM

R104 In order for R103 to be embarrassed he’d have to have a mind that can feel shame or anything possibly considered to be normal human emotion. These individuals are drones of some sort. Being wrong doesn’t make them “reflect” or anything of that sort. If he’s not a paid commentator then he’s a narcissist that’s internalized this cause. They don’t let go, they rationalize their feelings. Something would have to happen to him to change him. I use to be one of them many decades ago before social media became as widespread as it is today.

by Anonymousreply 115May 21, 2023 3:04 PM

That dog leash confrontation was stupid. She should have leashed up her dog and followed the rules. There was no need to call the cops.

There was also no need to record people and bait dogs and taunt them with treats. It's not like it was a fucking pit bull on the loose.

Some people don't know how to mind their own business and leave people alone.

by Anonymousreply 116May 21, 2023 3:10 PM

Omg, suddenly all of DL's trolls have descended on this thread like vultures. Come here if you want to read fairy tales disguised as facts.

by Anonymousreply 117May 21, 2023 3:12 PM

R116, some people like birds and don't like entitled white bitches who refuse to follow the rules.

by Anonymousreply 118May 21, 2023 3:13 PM

R118 Oh you're right. He should have pulled out a gun and killed her vigilante justice style. My bad, I forgot she was an entitled white bitch. Don't fuck with the birds! Everyone knows that.

by Anonymousreply 119May 21, 2023 3:25 PM

My opinion concerning the dog-off-the-leash incident, she was in the wrong about her dog. Her actions were pretty entitled. He shouldn’t have worded his threat that way though, nor should he have publicized the incident. All that being said, average individuals shouldn’t be under this kind of control by their employers. When you clock out, unless you’re walking around identifying as a representative of your employer, they shouldn’t have this kind of control over you.

by Anonymousreply 120May 21, 2023 3:28 PM

Why were the creeps taping the girl ? They were taping the robbery/scam. These type of creeps love to watch the upset. They are just bullies who take things from those afraid. The camera in the face of the victim. Find and arrest the gang of men who did this.

by Anonymousreply 121May 21, 2023 3:36 PM

Just some extra information I’d like to throw in here. R93 talks about “video tape”. WTF?! I didn’t catch that the first time. And look how they spelled “white supremist”?! Gotta’ be a foreign paid commentator from a really cheap service provider. No way is this some average individual pushing this.

by Anonymousreply 122May 21, 2023 3:40 PM

[quote] All that being said, average individuals shouldn’t be under this kind of control by their employers. When you clock out, unless you’re walking around identifying as a representative of your employer, they shouldn’t have this kind of control over you.

Very much agree with this. And unfortunately this is where these incidents always lead. The twitter outrage is the foreplay. The twittergasm can't happen until the Karen or whatever gets fired by her corporate overlord.

by Anonymousreply 123May 21, 2023 3:42 PM

No, R120. It's safe to assume someone nearby is filming you with a cell phone so think carefully before you speak or act.

by Anonymousreply 124May 21, 2023 3:44 PM

Since the video begins during the confrontation, the footage suggests there was a reason to film a dispute created by a person in-the-wrong..

Camears are objective witnesses.

Her completely insane reaction to grab his phone proves she didn't want to clear up any misunderstanding.

She wanted to cover her tracks.

by Anonymousreply 125May 21, 2023 3:48 PM

R125. Nope, she was being bullied. Sinking so low as to wanting to drag a six-months pregnant woman through the mud for standing up for herself. I guess we won’t be hearing from any mainstream feminists, will we? We know how Leftist causes work. Everyone knows their place.

by Anonymousreply 126May 21, 2023 3:54 PM

Yes, R126, she took the other person's phone because she's a shrinking violet and not a bully.

by Anonymousreply 127May 21, 2023 3:57 PM

R127 Women in situations where they’re under threat by men are encouraged to take whatever action possible to protect themselves. Leftist narratives, like what you’re pushing, are telling white women, under threat by black men, that they must accept being bullied and potentially harmed. Or face the consequences.

by Anonymousreply 128May 21, 2023 4:10 PM

Maybe the explanation is the most obvious one, R128, though your discussions of ideologies are endlessly fascinating. Maybe she thought she looked bad on the cell phone video. Maybe she had something to hide. It makes a whole lot more sense than what you're saying.

by Anonymousreply 129May 21, 2023 4:14 PM

R126 It really is astonishing that mainstream feminists can write 1000000 think pieces about how porn stars are super cool role models and no one should be slut or kink shamed. Yet are oddly silent about a hateful, misogynistic trend that's destroyed multiple womens lives. I've heard a few Brit female journalists criticize this trend but I can't recall any mainstream American journalist doing so. Either they're too afraid or they just don't give a fuck. Maybe they think if they're docile and sweet all of the time they will never be victimized. They talk a lot about rape ( which should be discussed) but they never ever want to talk about the larger societal hatred of women that makes sex misconduct possible and accepted. They just want to talk about it in a vacuum. Never will they mention how encouraging women to be silent and docile connect to that culture.

by Anonymousreply 130May 21, 2023 4:17 PM

It's clear that she was the victim and the group of feral youths were the aggressors. All of you screaming 'karen' like banshees look really dumb now

by Anonymousreply 131May 21, 2023 4:18 PM

During a public misunderstanding, both parties would wish to have cameras recording.

The party that tries to hamper the recorded evidence -- and then hires a lawyer....

Karen don't make no sense.

And like Judge Judy says, "If

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132May 21, 2023 4:20 PM

R129 No. What's more likely is she was aware of the current media and internet hate & bile campaign of the last several years and knew that the minute her face was on camera she would have her life ruined. Regardless of whether she was in the right or not. The powers that be have made clear that if you are a random women alone in a dispute with a precious young male then your word means nothing. The male wins each time.

by Anonymousreply 133May 21, 2023 4:20 PM

R129 Lol. Your gaslighting powers don’t work here. Your attempted spin on this incident, in a city where women have been punched in the face by low class black men, isn’t plausible.

by Anonymousreply 134May 21, 2023 4:22 PM

She probably grabbed the phone in a moment of desperate panic, thinking, "He'll release my rental bike (ie the one I paid for, activated and am now responsible for), and I'll give him his phone back, and that will be the end of this horror story."

I think it's a mistake anyone could make in those circumstances. But I will probably be shrieked at and called a white supremacist.

by Anonymousreply 135May 21, 2023 4:30 PM

R153, the bike-rental disagreement could possibly be a stupid misunderstanding.

But no one would have known about this — especially the hospital that suspended her — if it weren't for the video footage of the uniformed employee grabbing a young man's phone.

Phone dude had every right to stand his ground and and react with a physical gesture.

But the young man shows excellent restraint.

From the footage I saw, both men almost laugh.

They don't even express anger.

Or call her a "bitch."

They call her "lady."

by Anonymousreply 136May 21, 2023 4:39 PM

The young man's language is noteworthy.

He asks, "Are you drunk?"

After his phone is stolen, he still pleads with her, "This is my bike. Please move."

by Anonymousreply 137May 21, 2023 4:43 PM

She resorts to crying because she's almost certain they filmed her taking his phone.

by Anonymousreply 138May 21, 2023 4:44 PM

The young men's language at the top of the video.

She's screaming, "Help!"

They are saying to each to each other: "Record it! Record it! Recording! Recording!"

And what they captured was a loud, aggressive, stressed out, overworked, finger-pointing woman wearing her work uniform and complaining to others that she's pregnant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139May 21, 2023 5:01 PM

R67 I'm curious as to whether you're someone who endorses victim blaming in other cases....or just this particular set of circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 140May 21, 2023 5:12 PM

Eventually, the young man does drop a F bomb. "Quit touching me. Get the fuck out of here."

But the very last line, when they tease her dry-cry act, the guy filming calls her "Miss."

by Anonymousreply 141May 21, 2023 5:13 PM

Stop hitting yourself stop hitting yourself stop hitting yourself

by Anonymousreply 142May 21, 2023 5:18 PM

I hope she sues the living shit out of those assholes.

by Anonymousreply 143May 21, 2023 5:51 PM

The guy was waving the phone in and at her face, that's why she grabbed it. He took it right back. Simple as that. She had every right to do that to keep from getting hit in the face.

It's as if Qanon has possessed these teenage boy gang defenders. How do we know they're teenagers, by the way? They didn't look young to me. They certainly were bold and unafraid of adults.

by Anonymousreply 144May 21, 2023 6:48 PM

"But the young man shows excellent restraint."

This is every bit as condescending as saying a black person is "so eloquent."

Yes, how wonderful he didn't turn violent, only mocked her, recorded it and destroyed her life, reputation and livelihood..

by Anonymousreply 145May 21, 2023 6:49 PM

The young dude whose phone she stole NEVER waves his phone in her face.

She went hands-on assault while ripping his valuable possession from his custody.

He not only physically restrains himself, he verbally restrains himself.

Restraint is more valuable than eloquence nowadays.

We all know a beat-down could have happened in this video.

But the lone aggressor is not the young dude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146May 21, 2023 6:57 PM

She had a receipt confirming her rental.

What’s the problem?

by Anonymousreply 147May 21, 2023 7:06 PM

How do you already know he doesn't also have a receipt....?

by Anonymousreply 148May 21, 2023 7:39 PM

^^ The mob is insisting the reciept has to be fake.

Anything to avoid admitting they may have misjudged the situation.

by Anonymousreply 149May 21, 2023 7:39 PM

r148, The bike would only have one recipt because only one person can rent it at a time.

If he also has a reciept, that would be remarkable... and even more remarkable that he's kept it hidden throughout all of this.

by Anonymousreply 150May 21, 2023 7:41 PM

You can go to her for medical care. You can deal with her raging nutcase behavior, if you have a situation that needs to be resolved.

The rest of us want to be protected from that nutcase. We want to protect minors and the patients at that hospital.

She is a nutcase.

by Anonymousreply 151May 21, 2023 7:49 PM

Yes, they recorded themselves and uploaded the video because they were pulling a scam. That makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 152May 21, 2023 7:53 PM

Ok.

Then you can be accosted by a group of five dudes in a moment when you're feeling, tired, vulnerable and confused, and then be mocked and have your life ruined for it as people on social media judge you.

The rest of us hope sane people will reserve judgment til all the facts are known and then speak up on our behalf if the situation isn't exactly what the Twitter mob hopes and prays it is.

We each have a hope for each other, r151.

by Anonymousreply 153May 21, 2023 7:54 PM

I believe her.

She just got off of a 12 hour shift at the hospital and she's pregnant. I'm sure she's exhausted and just wanted to go home and relax.

No way is this vulnerable lone woman going to get into a fight with a young black dude who is with his friends and can easily surround her.

White people are now so afraid of being called racist that they fault her and defend the black kids even though she has the receipt for her rental.

Now she lost her job and is getting death threats even though she was the victim. I really have sympathy for her. She's a marked woman who doesn't deserve this.

by Anonymousreply 154May 21, 2023 7:54 PM

Hospital Karen's receipt shows that she NEVER PAID FOR THE BIKE.

It shows $0.00 on the receipt for the bike that the guy had rented. I don't know if this is a scam to get free rental bikes for this Karen or what but she hasn't proven anything.

Show us a receipt showing that she actually PAID AN AMOUNT OF MONEY. Otherwise she's just another Karen with her weird phony cries for "help" and her steal-a-ride scam.

by Anonymousreply 155May 21, 2023 7:55 PM

R146, yes he did wave it around at her. Even one of his nutty defenders claims he did and that was sufficient evidence for her that this guy had his own receipt. LOL! To the contrary his nutty defender refuses to accept as evidence the woman's posted receipt. She asked his attorney to see it - as she poses as a faux journalist - and her atty let her see it provided she didn't post it. She claims that part of it was redacted so she said it wasn't good enough. Riiiiight. Like you're going to be allowed to see this woman's account number and home address where she rode the 2d bike she was forced to rent to get home. Damn, she had to bike 25 minutes after a 12 hour shift when she is 6 months pregnant. After that trauma.

Fuck these sociopaths who are defending those guys.

by Anonymousreply 156May 21, 2023 7:58 PM

It probably says $0 because at the end of all this, the bike didn't end up getting taken anywhere by anybody, but went right back into the same docking station in under 5 minutes.

Are you trying to say she and her lawyer faked a recipt that says "$0"?

by Anonymousreply 157May 21, 2023 7:58 PM

If you watch the phone, the teens are trying to figure out what happened, but she went nutjob on them. Again, she and her scumbag lawyer both lied. She was the one who refused to resolve the situation, really she just went batshit.

Also, no one stole her bike. These are rental bikes. it was not her bike to steal.

She, however, attacked the teens. She also stole their phone.

by Anonymousreply 158May 21, 2023 7:59 PM

[quote]No way is this vulnerable lone woman going to get into a fight with a young black dude who is with his friends and can easily surround her.

If she's in the right, she can call the cops. She certainly didn't act like an innocent victim.

by Anonymousreply 159May 21, 2023 7:59 PM

I wish I lived in a society where people were like "Here, do you need the bike? Take it. No no after you."

You know like other countries do. Hadi bakalim abla, abbi. Lutfen hepsi al.

by Anonymousreply 160May 21, 2023 8:02 PM

[quote] Yes, they recorded themselves and uploaded the video because they were pulling a scam. That makes sense.

No one said they were smart. They were careful not to show everything. Like did any of the guys rent a bike and ride it away after? I'd love to see surveillance video of the incident.

See gasoline throwers for not so smart Youtubers .

by Anonymousreply 161May 21, 2023 8:02 PM

do not argue with people on her side. The lawyer is doing this. They are raising money from white supremist to pay this lawyer more. It is crazy.

Wait for more information. Then, demand that this crazy person is fired.

She does not own the bike. No bikes were ever stolen. These are blatant lies from this nut case and her scum bag lawyer. The video proves the teens were trying to figure out what was going on. She went full nutjob on them.

by Anonymousreply 162May 21, 2023 8:02 PM

So where's HIS receipt to prove that he did, indeed, rent the bike?

Why is she the only one who has to provide proof?

A woman who is 6 months pregnant and just got off a 12 shift isn't going to put herself in danger by stealing a bike from a group of black teens.

by Anonymousreply 163May 21, 2023 8:03 PM

"These are rental bikes. it was not her bike to steal."

Bullshit.

We've been over this. A rental car can be stolen, and a rental bike can be stolen. When you're renting something, it is your responsibility. It would be a huge and likely costly headache if someone else drove off in your rental car. The same is true for a rental bike, even though it can't be said to be "your" property in the traditional sense.

by Anonymousreply 164May 21, 2023 8:03 PM

Everyone in this video is a rude and thoughtless greedy American pig. Americans are rude and mine mine gimme gimme. Gross and no manners.

by Anonymousreply 165May 21, 2023 8:04 PM

"Wait for more information. Then, demand that this crazy person is fired."

The irony of what you've just said is lost on you, isn't it.

by Anonymousreply 166May 21, 2023 8:04 PM

Six-months pregnant and getting off a 12-hour shift and wanted to ride a bike home? Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 167May 21, 2023 8:06 PM

She has the lawyer to deal with her being fired, and perhaps have her lic. to practice revoke. This is a labor case. Her lawyer, who is a scum, even said this much. She does not own the bike and it was a rental. No bikes were ever stole from her. The teens stayed to deal with this issue. Though, she attack them and stole their phone.

by Anonymousreply 168May 21, 2023 8:07 PM

Six-months pregnant and getting off a 12-hour shift and looking to pick a fight with a group of five dudes over a bike she doesn't want to ride? Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 169May 21, 2023 8:08 PM

wait to see if the hospital does the right thing, Fire Her. If not, address a letter politely to the hospital, asking the hospital to protect the patients and Fire this person. She attacked teens, MINORS and stole their phone. She does not own that bike. It is a rental.

by Anonymousreply 170May 21, 2023 8:10 PM

[quote]do not argue with people on her side.

True, R162. The people who defend her sound like lawyers who are used to dreaming up all kinds of cockamamie theories to defend their client and throwing it all at the wall to see what sticks.

by Anonymousreply 171May 21, 2023 8:10 PM

🇺🇲🐖s in this 🧵too

by Anonymousreply 172May 21, 2023 8:10 PM

Oh but you all know that fat, pregnant women just CANNOT be guilty of doing anything wrong!

They are all innocent, pure and BLAMELESS flowers of femininity because they are women!

Help her! Send her lawyers more money! Defend her $0.00 "receipt" and blame the Black boys because OF COURSE!

I am not buying her "poor innocent me" routine for one second. Who on earth yells for help like that? Big fucking phony. Fuck off, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 173May 21, 2023 8:10 PM

She flew into a rage. This is way she has to be fire. She is not safe. Also, she blatantly lie.

by Anonymousreply 174May 21, 2023 8:12 PM

Americans, so lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175May 21, 2023 8:12 PM

[quote]Six-months pregnant and getting off a 12-hour shift and looking to pick a fight with a group of five dudes over a bike she doesn't want to ride? Sure, Jan.

That's exactly when someone is most likely to be irritable, impatient, irrational, willing to fake cry and act like an entitled bitch. Nice try, R169.

by Anonymousreply 176May 21, 2023 8:14 PM

RE: The receipt the lawyer released.

Has anyone seen a reported a timestamp yet?

by Anonymousreply 177May 21, 2023 8:14 PM

Oh but you all know that young men traveling in groups just CANNOT be guilty of doing anything wrong!

They are all innocent, pure and BLAMELESS because they are men!

Help them! Send them more money! Defend their non-existant receipt and blame the white woman because OF COURSE!

I am not buying their "poor innocent me" routine for one second. .

by Anonymousreply 178May 21, 2023 8:14 PM

The people who are defending her are coming up with the most laughable, unlikely justifications and are completely ignoring the common sense ones.

by Anonymousreply 179May 21, 2023 8:15 PM

Here is the photo published of Citi-bike Karen's receipt, proving she never paid for the bike. DUH.

$0.00 = ZERO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180May 21, 2023 8:17 PM

Do you mean the common sense explanation that she'd rented the bike and was concerned a bunch of hooligans were about to run off with it? That one?

by Anonymousreply 181May 21, 2023 8:17 PM

The tweet below contains the 1:26 clip.

Young dude NEVER waves his phone at Karen.

Not one stinking second of footage shows him waving his phone -- before or after she stole his phone..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182May 21, 2023 8:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183May 21, 2023 8:20 PM

What kind of common sense is it R179, to think that a woman who is 6 months pregnant and just worked a 12 hour shift at the hospital is going to mix it up with a group of black teens who have her surrounded?

If you believe that she's going to put herself in that kind of situation, then you better check your common sense because it's off kilter.

by Anonymousreply 184May 21, 2023 8:21 PM

The media is full of pathological lying sleazebags. Journalists are lower than rats. I hope she gets a good lawyer and wins a few million. There's got to be consequences.

by Anonymousreply 185May 21, 2023 8:24 PM

Can we see HIS receipt R180 to compare? I bet he doesn't even have one.

The reason her receipt shows $0.00 is because the bike was pushed back and locked. There's a grace period when that happens so that a person isn't charged if they change their mind and bike gets locked.

So where's HIS receipt?

by Anonymousreply 186May 21, 2023 8:25 PM

I wanna see the RECEIPTS!

by Anonymousreply 187May 21, 2023 8:26 PM

Oh my god. Tariq Nasheed is the lowest of the low.

“Suspected white supremacist”??!

by Anonymousreply 188May 21, 2023 8:26 PM

Um no, R181. The theory that the black guys were pulling a scam and recorded themselves and uploaded the video because they were dumb. That common sense theory. It sure convinced me.

by Anonymousreply 189May 21, 2023 8:27 PM

I wonder how people spent their Sundays before a few minutes of passing confrontation could be recorded and dissected and analyzed for days upon end.

Elders, what did you do in the old days? If you witnessed something like this did you stand around 4 hours and debate it? What did you do for Sunday entertainment?

by Anonymousreply 190May 21, 2023 8:28 PM

The people who think this woman tried to steal a bike from a group of five men (!!) are the same people who think Gwyneth Paltrow skied into Mr. Sanderson’s back and gave him brain damage.

by Anonymousreply 191May 21, 2023 8:29 PM

But it does show , R182, that he put his hand on her AND across her body when he reached for the opposite handlebar, basically trapping her on the bike that she was sitting on.

by Anonymousreply 192May 21, 2023 8:30 PM

You're right, R191. The scammers recorded themselves because they're that dumb. It's all common sense.

by Anonymousreply 193May 21, 2023 8:30 PM

I have no bone here but know this:

If you have a membership, the app creates a receipt for your history, which shows $0.00 for every basic ride).

by Anonymousreply 194May 21, 2023 8:33 PM

R193, it defies common sense that pranksters would record themselves wandering into other people’s homes and claim that the people who live there don’t actually live there. It defies common sense that a young man who steal a person’s dog from them in a public park and record himself running away with the dog.

Yet this is what has happened recently.

by Anonymousreply 195May 21, 2023 8:33 PM

[quote] I've taken down the "CitiBike Karen" story based on new information from Sarah Comrie's lawyer having receipts showing that had purchased the bike. I apologize for getting it wrong and for any harassment directed towards Comrie as a result of my video.

lol, she hired a lawyer and I guess they have lawsuits lined up, she might never have to work again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196May 21, 2023 8:42 PM

To add to R195, it defies common sense that a man would steal an African designer's one-of-kind clothes and then post pictures of himself wearing them all over the Internet but this did happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197May 21, 2023 8:42 PM

What is the mayor doing? And the cops? Are they going to arrest those men for stealing and assaulting a pregnant woman?

Or is the mayor going to put the thieves in contact with a social worker?

by Anonymousreply 198May 21, 2023 8:46 PM

^ The persistent racism in the society pushed them to steal!

by Anonymousreply 199May 21, 2023 8:49 PM

Now the whole thing should be titled : Angry group of black men attempt to rob a pregnant nurse.

by Anonymousreply 200May 21, 2023 9:00 PM

Better headline: “Kids and woman have stupid misunderstanding at bike rack”

by Anonymousreply 201May 21, 2023 9:03 PM

R201, no, it wasn't an understanding if they can't produce a receipt. They were stealing.

by Anonymousreply 202May 21, 2023 9:04 PM

R201. Exactly. This whole thing has been handled so poorly. Maybe the reality is no one was particularly right or wrong, it was a misunderstanding etc. this is why these types of things shouldn’t be litigated publicly.

by Anonymousreply 203May 21, 2023 9:05 PM

Agree with R200. This shouldn't be buried. If they stole, they all need to be named and arrested.

by Anonymousreply 204May 21, 2023 9:05 PM

R201, so now you're redefining stealing as a "misunderstanding"?

by Anonymousreply 205May 21, 2023 9:06 PM

No one here is getting the point of the story and why the Karen should be fired.

by Anonymousreply 206May 21, 2023 9:07 PM

So, we know the nurse was getting off a 12-hour shift and going home. What were the black guys doing? Did they also just finish work and were going home?

by Anonymousreply 207May 21, 2023 9:08 PM

R199 The persistence of both racism and misogyny in the DL is pushing the rest of us to the edge. FIFY!

by Anonymousreply 208May 21, 2023 9:16 PM

That’s correct, R206. We don’t get it.

Can you explain to us why she should be fired?

by Anonymousreply 209May 21, 2023 9:20 PM

She tried to get a group of young black men in trouble over a rental bike, R209. She was under no threat at any time yet fake cried and screamed for help, putting the lives of those young men in danger.

by Anonymousreply 210May 21, 2023 10:37 PM

How did she PUT THEIR LIVES IN DANGER, R210?

Are you one of this people, like Chelsea Handler, who thinks that any time black people have an encounter with police, they have a “50/50 chance” of being killed by the police?

by Anonymousreply 211May 21, 2023 11:03 PM

Any proud black man would have slammed that pregnant white cunt to the ground and started a gangbang on here.

She and her demon baby deserved that

by Anonymousreply 212May 21, 2023 11:03 PM

R210 no she tried preventing them from taking a bike on her credit card. That's $1200 just so you fkn know. If that older bystander didn't get involved, they might've prevented her from cancelling it. Why do you think they were trying to cover where the QR code is? So she couldn't cancel it on her card.

Idk if people are getting dumber or what, but the people defending them from almost getting away with a scam, are as close to brain dead as you can get. It's pretty obvious what happened now that she's got proof. They were fucking with her on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 213May 21, 2023 11:03 PM

[Quote] She had a receipt confirming her rental.

The receipt actually proves she was lying

by Anonymousreply 214May 21, 2023 11:04 PM

[Quote] How did she PUT THEIR LIVES IN DANGER,

She knows that the police will ALWAYS take the white woman’s side and arrest the black guy

by Anonymousreply 215May 21, 2023 11:06 PM

Just some pisspots trying to get their viral "Karen" video and a bunch of dumb fucks defended them. Better hope no one ever does that to you -- where they start a video AFTER confrontation starts to make you look like you're the antagonist.

R214 that doesn't make fucking sense.

by Anonymousreply 216May 21, 2023 11:06 PM

Where's their receipt? Huh? Where's the receipt from these innocent "kids" ? They don't have one. She has 2 -- the one from the initial attempt to leave with the bike she took out, and a second from the bike she rented afterwards. 0.00 proves this because it shows the bike was rented, but never taken anywhere (immediately put back into the dock). I think too many people defending them are unaware of how it works or they wouldn't say she should've just rented another one, or that it wouldn't matter if they had taken it. It would've very much mattered. $1200 loss in fact.

by Anonymousreply 217May 21, 2023 11:12 PM

“Why do you think they were trying to cover where the QR code is? So she couldn't cancel it on her card”

That doesn’t make sense—it would be “cancelled” by relocking the bike then and there…one push.

Please explain

by Anonymousreply 218May 21, 2023 11:12 PM

R214. That “receipt “, FWIW, is identical to what I see in my own ride history on the app: with a membership, each separate ride is at no charge $0.00.

What do you know that we are missing?

by Anonymousreply 219May 21, 2023 11:15 PM

R218 she tried doing something with the QR code first and they stop her before the bystander helps her out get it pushed back in place. R219 then you better take it up with the news because they are doing a 360 on this story due to that evidence. Maybe your membership works different, who the hell knows, but she has both receipts and the news is no longer running with the old narrative.

by Anonymousreply 220May 21, 2023 11:20 PM

Why is the time stamp on her receipt covered? Wouldn’t that bolster her case if she was in the right?

by Anonymousreply 221May 21, 2023 11:22 PM

Here is a better explanation:

"The bike number on the receipt matches the bike Comrie is seen being pushed off of in the video.

“It’s quite simple,” he said. “My client finished her 12-hour shift (and) wanted to go home. And she went to the bike, it was unattended. She mounted the bike. She paid for the bike. She rolled the bike back up from the docking station.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222May 21, 2023 11:22 PM

The QR code is what unlocks the bike. So they are trying to block her from unlocking a bike that was already unlocked? Please clarify—what you describe doesn’t sound consistent with how the system actually works.

by Anonymousreply 223May 21, 2023 11:23 PM

She clearly has the proof. Not one news outlet is still going with the initial report. Not a single one. R323 when she's trying to both show them it matches and when she attempts to put it back. Do you not see them covering it??

by Anonymousreply 224May 21, 2023 11:25 PM

Her screen grab blocks out the exact time. If I were an evil thinker, that means someone could have made an additional attempt several minutes later. 🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 225May 21, 2023 11:25 PM

R224 your not explaining it clearly—that’s not how the system actually works.

by Anonymousreply 226May 21, 2023 11:27 PM

She was screaming her head off for help like she was being stabbed in the fetus. Calm the fuck down

by Anonymousreply 227May 21, 2023 11:29 PM

Like are you guys really thinking a fucking lawyer is making it up too? That he's producing cause receipts knowing this will be verified by everyone -- the media, the courts, etc.,? He's just a lying fucking Karen too right? Going to throw out his entire career on fraud receipts? Ask the news stations are now backpedaling too, cause they're Karen's too, right? The kids with the video however are just coming up with nothing though, but are still innocent -- no receipts, no lawyer, no peep in the media what so ever since the video?!

R226 you explain then. You tell us all what's going on. I'm going by how it was explained to me.

by Anonymousreply 228May 21, 2023 11:30 PM

You don’t need a QR code to relock the bike. Saying they blocked her phone/code when she tried to return the bike makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 229May 21, 2023 11:31 PM

In reality it will take protests and riots by those against the anti-white narrative for it to stop. I enjoy online debates as much as anyone else, but they’re going to keep coming after whites. Remember, it’s considered mainstream to be prejudged for being white. When blacks were in that position they took to the streets.

by Anonymousreply 230May 21, 2023 11:32 PM

I'm angry about this story because there's a lot of bad shit happening to people in this country right now. A lot of racist bs. This story though is a big fucking nothing, that was made for social media attention and might ruin someone's life. So while the country/ social media is up in arms, we have real racism going on, you know, like little kids working in a damn slaughterhouse.

by Anonymousreply 231May 21, 2023 11:32 PM

R228. I wasn’t there. I don’t know what actually happened. I do know that you also don’t know what actually happened, because your speculative commentary doesn’t match up to a real, live Citibike user experience. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 232May 21, 2023 11:33 PM

R229 then why does he keep putting his arm over it on her? She obviously was trying to access it and he is blocking it. That doesn't make sense either.

by Anonymousreply 233May 21, 2023 11:33 PM

R106, ummmm, it was the woman who was threatening Mr Cooper. And she lied to the police.

He just video recorded her (like other birdwatchers would do in the park when they encountered scofflaws).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234May 21, 2023 11:40 PM

[quote]In reality it will take protests and riots by those against the anti-white narrative for it to stop

"In reality," you're a fucking drama queen acting like white people everywhere are being persecuted. I don't doubt for a second that hypocritical people like you hear some story about a single Muslim stabbing someone on an entirely different continent and take that opportunity to shit on Muslims everywhere and blame all of them for that individual or if you hear about some Mexican immigrant raping someone, you make it about all Hispanics. You're trying to play a victim when you know god damned well that just because of this bike incident, that doesn't mean other white people have to worry about being blamed and they can still go about their day knowing they won't be blamed for it. You can throw in the countless mass shootings by white people, too, being another thing you know god damned well other white people will not be spit on or tormented over for being white.

by Anonymousreply 235May 21, 2023 11:40 PM

And I don't get why, if they were being genuine, they didn't cancel the order and restart the rental? Why keep trying to take it? I know I would've said "fuck it" to her and got a whole new one, instead of sitting there arguing about it. Why instead we they trying to prevent her from cancelling it? That would've solved everyone's problem. Because they were fucking with her for a fucking video. Let's get this YT woman going, like we reasonable and victims, so it can get posted online. Maybe even started as just fucking with her for quick laughs, but when it escalated they were thrilled to catch it on video.

I'll change my mind if they come forward with anything but so far total silence from them. Where's their parents outraged by racism towards their teens? Where's even one of the 5 saying, no, she's making a fraud receipt! I've been looking all week for that and still nothing.

Again, here we are with racism everywhere, but this is the story people want to defend. R234 yeah she was a crazy bitch? She got hers. Most people were against her bs. R235 I fully agree with that and that's why I'm not sitting here taking it for this story though. There's a million instances a day in this country, where innocent people are victims of racism. They are being killed, to harassed, etc. The media and everyone else jumping on this story though, when it's not looking clear cut at all, is foolishness. Stories like these are used against POC to say "see, it's in their heads" when it's not -- but unfortunately there's times when the climate is taken advantage of by bad actors. These 5 young men are most likely bad actors, taking attention away from actual victims.

by Anonymousreply 236May 21, 2023 11:48 PM

R235 and I've tried countless times on here to explain that to people. How racism works -- like when the Black guy is late to work, right away it's "That's Black guys for you", but half the Whites can show up late, call off, etc., And no one says "that's Whites for you!" Whites are treated like individuals. POC are burdened by carrying their entire race. One does something wrong and right away it's "look at how THEY are".

by Anonymousreply 237May 21, 2023 11:51 PM

R237, you don't have to tell me. I've been on DL for 20 years and without fail if there's a story about a non-white person no matter where on the fucking planet doing something bad, it's like a dinnerbell for the racists and the thread fills up real quick.

If this woman was falsely accused of being racist, she needs to sue every fucking asshole who did that to her, that does not give anyone the "out" to suddenly magnify the situation and act as though it is happening 24/7 and white people are hiding in shame out of fear of being targeted, because you're not living in "reality." You live in an echo chamber of Elon Musk ass-lickers who engage in hysteria when it comes to the likelihood of being targeted as a group when you're white.

It's the very reason 1/6 happened. You think if it were a single black person or Hispanic or Muslim so much as spitting at a Capitol PO and going to kill MoC, other people of that background wouldn't have been treated as responsible for it? The very reason LE and other agencies didn't take it seriously and white terrorists/nationalists are currently serving in Congress, is because white people aren't collectively treated as "criminals" without actually having committed a crime, but go on and play "persecuted white victim," R230.

by Anonymousreply 238May 22, 2023 12:01 AM

The only reason people are out for this woman's blood is because the other es are black. Blacks are “always the victims” even when they are perpetrating a fraud.

by Anonymousreply 239May 22, 2023 12:20 AM

The woman seems like a whiney basic bitch, but I’m still on her side and want there to be repercussions for the people who piled on and called her a “suspected white supremacist,” etc. Their version of events NEVER made sense.

by Anonymousreply 240May 22, 2023 1:29 AM

Self-identified journalist Monique Judge makes threats against the New York hospital worker who went into hiding due to a BLM-style hoax framing her as a thief and racist. Monique also names the woman’s husband and says she hopes the woman experiences terror.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241May 22, 2023 4:38 AM

R241 That’s bad. I’m hoping that they have a list of all the people making threats like these. We exist in a time where race hustlers can publicly threaten white people/non-blacks for not allowing ourselves to be bullied by them. This is a high profile case and not the first of its kind either. I’ve experienced this. I’m sure others have as well. More privately of course. Nothing to see here?

by Anonymousreply 242May 22, 2023 1:35 PM

[quote]R193, it defies common sense that pranksters would record themselves wandering into other people’s homes and claim that the people who live there don’t actually live there. It defies common sense that a young man who steal a person’s dog from them in a public park and record himself running away with the dog. Yet this is what has happened recently.

Riiiight, R195. Let's concentrate on the minority of cases in which people are dumb enough to film themselves doing something wrong and ignore the majority of cases in which people are too smart to do that. If you hear a galloping sound out on the street, it's probably a zebra not a horse, right? Most of the people who incriminate themselves on video are probably drunk or high on something or mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 243May 22, 2023 1:59 PM

[quote] Let's concentrate on the minority of cases in which people are dumb enough to film themselves doing something wrong

The growing minority

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244May 22, 2023 2:10 PM

People who imagine this woman is randomly trying to take a bike from a group of five dudes would have to believe she's insane to the point of being utterly delusional and non-functional.

I'm puzzled why, even after seeing the receipt, they can't watch the video with the understanding that it's her rental bike that she's just released and is now responsible for and they're trying to fuck with her and take it.

by Anonymousreply 245May 22, 2023 2:13 PM

And , R245, she's fake crying and takes one of their cell phones because..... she's innocent? Makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 246May 22, 2023 2:17 PM

Because she's shocked, panicked and confused and didn't know what else to do. Not everyone makes the best decisions in the world in a horrible situatin. It's a fact and not hard to imagine for most people.

IN your world, why does a pregnant healthcare worker get off a 12-hour shift and accost five men over a bike she doesn't need? You'd hainsane to the point of being non-functional. Why do she and her lawyer have a receipt for the rental while the other gentlemen have failed to produce one?

by Anonymousreply 247May 22, 2023 2:24 PM

You'd hainsane to the point of being non-functional.

=

You'd have to believe she's insane to the point of being non-functional

by Anonymousreply 248May 22, 2023 2:25 PM

And in your world, R247, scammers film themselves pulling a scam because they're that dumb.

by Anonymousreply 249May 22, 2023 2:37 PM

Pretty much. Have you seen what's out there?

You can tell in the video they think the whole thing is a scream. Everyone is desperate to become internet-famous nowadays and will do almost anything to get there. I don't find that part hard to believe at all. You think everyone posting videos online is, what, careful, thoughtful and considerate of all the implications and ramifications of what they're posting?

by Anonymousreply 250May 22, 2023 2:41 PM

^^ I think they thought viewers would think it was a video of a crazy Karen and laugh.

And that's precisely what happened until more context was given and more people developed a better understanding of what was going on. Some people STILL remain attached to their original interpretation, and either way, nothing will happen to the guys who filmed this.

by Anonymousreply 251May 22, 2023 2:54 PM

I vote for them all being jerks. There, are y’all happy now.?

Let’s move on to the next Karen.

by Anonymousreply 252May 22, 2023 2:58 PM

I don’t understand why everyone keeps saying it’s fake crying. People are constantly on about how women are too emotional for this or that yet a frustrated woman who is super pregnant and hormonal who has just worked a 12 hour shift is dealing with a shitty situation and suddenly it’s fake crying.

by Anonymousreply 253May 22, 2023 4:00 PM

[quote]Let’s move on to the next Karen.

Let's not.

by Anonymousreply 254May 22, 2023 4:08 PM

She is "crying" without any tears, R253.

by Anonymousreply 255May 22, 2023 4:31 PM

R103 just beamed down here from Planet Woke.

by Anonymousreply 256May 22, 2023 7:38 PM

R252 No a pregnant woman publicly terrorized for no reason isn't a jerk. And no, the media will likely not move on to the next "karen" because they are learning that there might be financial consequences to their psychotic hatred and slander of these women. The gofund me has reached over 100k. This woman will likely fight back. NBC and co weren't expecting that.

by Anonymousreply 257May 22, 2023 8:09 PM

It is like if you order an uber in a place where every person in ordering an uber, then you claim your car is stolen. This is what she did. Everyone at the rental bike area has rented a bike; it is not just her.

She is a nutcase. She attack these teens and stole their phone.

by Anonymousreply 258May 22, 2023 8:11 PM

^^ Give it up Negro

by Anonymousreply 259May 22, 2023 8:16 PM

IF someone mistakenly gets into your uber, you don't have to buy the car or pay for their ride.

If someone takes the bike you've removed from the station, you have to pay for their ride, and if they decide to trash or keep the bike you're out $1200.

Not the same situation.

by Anonymousreply 260May 22, 2023 8:17 PM

[quote] People are constantly on about how women are too emotional for this or that yet a frustrated woman who is super pregnant and hormonal who has just worked a 12 hour shift is dealing with a shitty situation and suddenly it’s fake crying.

She turns it off on a dime. It's fake crying

by Anonymousreply 261May 22, 2023 8:24 PM

[quote] People are constantly on about how women are too emotional for this or that yet a frustrated woman who is super pregnant and hormonal who has just worked a 12 hour shift is dealing with a shitty situation and suddenly it’s fake crying.

She turns it off on a dime. It's fake crying

by Anonymousreply 262May 22, 2023 8:24 PM

"It's fake crying"

According to holligans accosting and harassing her.

by Anonymousreply 263May 22, 2023 8:25 PM

^^^ So much for the Woke and "believe women".

Except when there are black men involved. Then ROAST THE BITCH! right?

by Anonymousreply 264May 22, 2023 8:26 PM

no one accosted her.

by Anonymousreply 265May 22, 2023 8:26 PM

^^^ right. She went up to five black guys and tried to steal a bike. That makes lots of sense.

Go back to your "no child left behind" school, moron.

by Anonymousreply 266May 22, 2023 8:28 PM

That movie dragged me out of Cheers and onto the silver screen!

by Anonymousreply 267May 22, 2023 8:36 PM

[quote] ^^^ right. She went up to five black guys and tried to steal a bike. That makes lots of sense.

None of those 5 black guys "accosted" her

by Anonymousreply 268May 22, 2023 8:39 PM

[quote] None of those 5 black guys "accosted" her

Can you prove that? (hint: because it wasn't on the video THEY released is not proof)

Again, it really is believable that a pregnant woman would go up to 5 black young men and try to steal a bike from them. Sure.

by Anonymousreply 269May 22, 2023 8:41 PM

Those guys certainly did accost her. That one guy was all over her. I couldn't believe he kept his arm draped in front of her which was clearly either touching or close to her belly. Then he laughingly says he wasn't touching her belly, her belly was touching him.

I cannot believe the people defending these guys. Even if the situation were reversed and she didn't have receipts and they did - which they don't - they had no business physically getting in her space like that and ACCOSTING her.

by Anonymousreply 270May 22, 2023 8:42 PM

Yeah, where is their "evidence?"

And the idiot who keeps claiming "the receipt said $0.00" clearly doesn't live in NYC and hasn't used Citibike.

by Anonymousreply 271May 22, 2023 8:43 PM

The only thing wrong that the young guys did is when one of them called her fetus retarded. Other than that, the young man told her repeatedly that he had rented the bike.

He wasn't touching her on purpose, R270. He kept his grip on the bike and that's it.

by Anonymousreply 272May 22, 2023 8:44 PM

A bike he has no proof that he rented.

by Anonymousreply 273May 22, 2023 9:20 PM

R272 And yet he didn’t rent the bike.

I guess next time I order food, I should let the guy in front of me take the food as long as he says it is his. Even if the order number matches mine.

by Anonymousreply 274May 22, 2023 9:22 PM

[quote] Can you prove that?

So you're just assuming they must have accosted her even though the video shows nothing of the sort?

I have to prove they didn't?

by Anonymousreply 275May 22, 2023 9:22 PM

This is exactly why we have courts and judges. If she can show proof the bike was hers, let her show it, under oath, in court.

I don't believe, for a second, whatever a lawyer produces. We've been burned by Trump's lawyers too much to believe they have any morality whatsoever

by Anonymousreply 276May 22, 2023 9:23 PM

[quote] A bike he has no proof that he rented.

Nor does she. The receipt she apparently has has the time covered up...seemingly on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 277May 22, 2023 9:24 PM

R276 So you don’t believe her but you believe them?

by Anonymousreply 278May 22, 2023 9:25 PM

[quote] That one guy was all over her. I couldn't believe he kept his arm draped in front of her which was clearly either touching or close to her belly

Close to her belly is not accosting.

by Anonymousreply 279May 22, 2023 9:25 PM

[quote] [R276] So you don’t believe her but you believe them?

I believe neither side until a judge determines who is correct. There's no need to vilify anyone at this point--except for her fake tears episode, which makes me dislike her.

by Anonymousreply 280May 22, 2023 9:26 PM

R275 There's something called.common sense. And Occum's razor.

Which makes more sense and is more probable?

1. A pregnant, tired white woman in NYC decides to go up to 5 young black men and steal their Citi bike in in order to go home after working a shift in a hospital

2. 5 young black men in NYC decide to harass a pregnant, tired white woman for kicks and possible social media likes.

by Anonymousreply 281May 22, 2023 9:27 PM

R280 Why do you assume they are fake? Many women cry when stressed. This is especially true for pregnant women. But being the incel you are, all women are simply lying whores, hun? Go vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 282May 22, 2023 9:28 PM

R281, you're too simplistic,

No one believes she went there to steal anyone's bike. She likely rented a bike at the same time he did. She took out her bike and he claimed it was his bike.

We don't know who is telling the truth. But we saw her white privilege behavior. THAT'S what people are reacting to.

by Anonymousreply 283May 22, 2023 9:31 PM

R281, both scenarios seem rather farfetched.

by Anonymousreply 284May 22, 2023 9:31 PM

[quote] Many women cry when stressed. This is especially true for pregnant women.

But she turned it off and on like it was a lightswitch. That's not real crying. That's crying for pity. Women know how to do that very well.

by Anonymousreply 285May 22, 2023 9:32 PM

R273 Not letting black people walk over you = white privilege.

by Anonymousreply 286May 22, 2023 9:33 PM

Right, R286. It's impossible she's a liar.

by Anonymousreply 287May 22, 2023 9:34 PM

Its a measure of how insane media propaganda about Karen's has been that people actually criticize her for crying. If a bunch of white teens surrounded a pregnant black woman and harassed her everyone would RIGHTFULLY be calling the boys little shits who need a punch in the jaw. But that's the effect of the years long hate campaign against these women. It's actually crazy how much bile the press has helped whip up.

by Anonymousreply 288May 22, 2023 9:36 PM

🤷 HeSaid/SheSaid, blah,blah,blah . . . . . . . .

by Anonymousreply 289May 22, 2023 9:38 PM

Um no, R288. Fake crying makes you seem manipulative. She was able to turn off the "crying" in a second.

by Anonymousreply 290May 22, 2023 9:39 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291May 22, 2023 9:49 PM

^^^ Her lawyer looks sleazy. Therefore, she's guilty. Throw the book at her.

by Anonymousreply 292May 22, 2023 9:50 PM

Wouldn't the Citibike app or the renter's credit card have a history of activity that could be accessed in lieu of a receipt?

by Anonymousreply 293May 22, 2023 10:11 PM

^ that screengrab, the one with the tone oddly blacked out, IS the receipt that shows up in the app. If you have the membership/app, there is no per ride charge. That’s been pointed out in at least a dozen posts ^^.

by Anonymousreply 294May 22, 2023 10:19 PM

What would it take to prove who's telling the truth? I'm so confused by all this back-and-forth arguing on here, and on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 295May 22, 2023 10:24 PM

The truth is out and these black men are shown to be the pond scum they really are.🤡 She's coming in hot literally with receipts! Boss Babe!💅🏻💯

by Anonymousreply 296May 22, 2023 11:26 PM

R294 I am not talking about her receipt that's been shown. In my city, you don't have to have a membership to ride those bikes. You can pay one time with a credit card. The boys haven't produced receipts, but if it's a one-time ride it may be reflected in their credit or bank account. And there is no need for you to be a condescending cunt.

by Anonymousreply 297May 23, 2023 12:13 AM

I hope she sues that hospital.

by Anonymousreply 298May 23, 2023 12:18 AM

Your city is not NYC. You are assuming facts not in evidence. Go back to wherever it is your bike rack is.

by Anonymousreply 299May 23, 2023 12:32 AM

Christ, r249 is RETARDED

by Anonymousreply 300May 23, 2023 1:58 AM

^^^ Hi Sanjay from Winnipeg.

by Anonymousreply 301May 23, 2023 2:01 AM

Can any of you ding-dongs (or maybe there’s just one of you) ever answer the question, Why would this woman decide to go up to a group of 5 black men, total strangers to her, and attempt to steal a rental bike from them? Explain why she would do that. How believable is it? Why do you think she would do that? What’s the reasoning behind it?

by Anonymousreply 302May 23, 2023 2:04 AM

They can't.

Just like the 5 blacks can't produce proof they rented the bike.

by Anonymousreply 303May 23, 2023 2:05 AM

I don't think she deliberately wanted to start a fight with five young black men, R302. I think there was a mix up. You're 100% sure she's in the right. I am not.

by Anonymousreply 304May 23, 2023 2:30 AM

There is something off about her. If she is not a scammer, why would she take the guy's phone? And her removal of her ID at that time feels as if she is trying to conceal her identity. And her cries for help just do not sound real.

Why would the friend of a thief record his crime on video?

I think the theory that she rented a bike but went to the wrong one makes the most sense. But then you still have the fakeness of her cries for help and tears.

And she is the only one who is videoed clearly stealing something.

by Anonymousreply 305May 23, 2023 2:34 AM

R305 - you're insane. Bending over backwards to defend criminals.

Why would this pregnant woman decide to take a bike? But no - it's unbelievable to think some teens wouldn't try to prank a woman by stealing her bike - that's unthinkable.

Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 306May 23, 2023 2:58 AM

She knows she's behaving badly, R305, so she's not happy about being filmed and she takes off her I.D. so people don't know where she works.

by Anonymousreply 307May 23, 2023 3:01 AM

[quote] He wasn't touching her on purpose, [R270]. He kept his grip on the bike and that's it.

He was putting his arm there on purpose. And he didn't give a fuck that he was touching a pregnant woman's belly.

Why was he using any physical force at all? None of it was justified.

by Anonymousreply 308May 23, 2023 3:31 AM

R306, it is not clear who the criminal is. Or if there is any crimial at all.

It makes no sense for her to try to steal a bike....but she is the only one captured on video doing anything definitely illegal.

It makes no sense for the boys to video themselves committing a crime.

How you can be so certain is just bizarre.

Signing off using a cliche, and one that is not really applicable to the situation, makes me think that you do not give much thought to what you are saying, which would explain why it is so easy for you to jump to a conclusion here.

by Anonymousreply 309May 23, 2023 4:07 AM

It makes perfect sense to video a crime when you're a dumb teenager. Internet is filled with videos of stupid young men committing crimes and filming it.

If her receipt is legitimate then she should make a LOOOT of money off the hospital that fired her.

by Anonymousreply 310May 23, 2023 4:58 AM

It sounds like she has A receipt but it may not prove that she had THAT particular bike first.

by Anonymousreply 311May 23, 2023 5:13 AM

Aren't bike receipts connected to specific bikes?

by Anonymousreply 312May 23, 2023 5:30 AM

[quote] she should make a LOOOT of money off the hospital that fired her.

She hasn't been fired, dumbass. She's been placed on leave pending a review of the matter.

by Anonymousreply 313May 23, 2023 5:31 AM

Fuck off, you pathetic cunt R313. The boner you have for this group of young men won't make you any more attractive to them. You'll be lucky not to be the victim of a hate crime by these boys.

by Anonymousreply 314May 23, 2023 6:25 AM

British TikToker Mizzy who filmed himself stealing an old woman’s dog, breaking into a families home, verbally harassing a Jewish man, threatening violence on women and jumping into strangers cars has come out and claimed all of the backlash is because he is black.

“I’m a Black male doing these things and that’s why there’s such an uproar on the internet.”

He was previously arrested for an anti-semitic verbal attack on a Jewish man but has not been arrested for his most recent video, where he filmed himself invading a couples home.

Bragging about his viral videos he said:

“I always know outrage is going to happen. I know exactly what I’m doing and the consequences of my actions.”

by Anonymousreply 315May 23, 2023 6:45 AM

Mizzy turned himself in and was arrested last night; on camera, of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316May 23, 2023 7:23 AM

Mizzy, yet another illiterate moron with nothing better to do. Get a fucking job, get a LIFE.

Next.

by Anonymousreply 317May 23, 2023 9:35 AM

R312 Yes, they are. That payaso upthread is being willfully obtuse because it doesn't fit her narrative. Even Datalounge has a page where you can see your monthly debits if you have a membership.

by Anonymousreply 318May 23, 2023 12:57 PM

R301 Racist much?

by Anonymousreply 319May 23, 2023 12:58 PM

[quote] Just like the 5 blacks can't produce proof they rented the bike

We don't know that.

She specifically hired a lawyer who produced something that strangely has the date covered.

The guys don't have to prove anything so haven't hired a lawyer. They're not at risk of losing their jobs,

by Anonymousreply 320May 23, 2023 2:42 PM

R283, So now, anytime a black on white crime has been committed, the white person has to just grin and bare it or else they'll be accused of having white privilege if they yell for help?

Her behavior was understandable given the circumstance she found herself in. She did nothing to provoke them, she didn't call them any derogatory names, she didn't start the situation. She had every right to yell for help. And it was hardly a yell. She was tired and careful not to make it worse for herself. It was actually a very respectful call for help. Quite the opposite of what a Karen would do.

by Anonymousreply 321May 23, 2023 2:55 PM

Somebody is confusing accost with assault.

by Anonymousreply 322May 23, 2023 2:58 PM

[quote]the white person has to just grin and bare it or ....

They shouldn't bare it. You can be arrested for exhibitionism.

by Anonymousreply 323May 23, 2023 3:05 PM

[quote]Quite the opposite of what a Karen would do.

Karens pretend to cry all the time.

by Anonymousreply 324May 23, 2023 3:06 PM

Here is the link for NYC Citibike. You can either get a membership or rent for the day. You don't have to have a membership.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325May 23, 2023 6:24 PM

The fact is this is a minor incident and nobody should know about it or care about it except the parties involved. Are people this bored?

by Anonymousreply 326May 23, 2023 6:34 PM

What hasn't been answered, was she drunk or was that a foreign accent?

There was something 'off' about her voice.

by Anonymousreply 327May 23, 2023 6:38 PM

So, I've never used Citibike. Are people saying that if someone takes a bike that isn't on their account, either by a mixup or intent, there's no way for the account holder to be like "that's not me, take it off my account?"

If that's the case, that's ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 328May 23, 2023 7:40 PM

[quote] So now, anytime a black on white crime has been committed, the white person has to just grin and bare it or else they'll be accused of having white privilege if they yell for help?

No one is being accused of a crime here. No one was arrested or ticketed.

by Anonymousreply 329May 23, 2023 8:01 PM

Thanks R315, for pulling in a story about a black guy from another country.

"all black people are the same" /sarcasm

by Anonymousreply 330May 23, 2023 8:07 PM

[quote] We don't know that.

Yeah, right R320. They are just not showing their receipt because why??

Cuz being black is enough of a defense, right?

by Anonymousreply 331May 23, 2023 8:39 PM

I'm sick of this fucking black privilege and race baiting by the media, even in the face of a clear scam. I just watched the video, and I haven't read any comments upthread except a few vitriolic ones blaming "The Karen".

These kids were scamming to get a free bike, this is common in New York City. Plus the facts of the case have come out, the nurse has receipts proving that the bike she was trying to get was hers and they were trying to take it from her.

Dont believe it? Ask yourself [Bold)why they didn’t want to redock and get the bike again.[/Bold] Instead, they surrounded her, gaslit her, insulted her, and despite the fact that she's visibly pregnant, didn't back off of her. And NO, I don't blame her for grabbing a phone of one of these fucking criminals, she should've smashed it. They were scamming, clear as day.

The media is racebaiting and so is ANYONE ELSE HERE trying to defend this behaviour. Fuck this site.

by Anonymousreply 332May 23, 2023 10:33 PM

Oh dear, R332. You need some chamomile tea. You sound as hysterical as she was.

by Anonymousreply 333May 23, 2023 10:40 PM

You're right, r333.

by Anonymousreply 334May 23, 2023 10:50 PM

Stop feeding troll

by Anonymousreply 335May 23, 2023 11:02 PM

I watched the video. She is annoying and a bit strange but I didn't see her curse anyone out, or throw the N-word.

I don't know why this even rises to the level of a viral video or national news story. Especially since it appears now that she may have paid for that bike.

by Anonymousreply 336May 24, 2023 1:29 AM

R336 lol, are you hiding under a rock for the last 3 years? A screencap of an entitled white "Karen" alone already has viral written before you even click the video to see what's going on, and adding young POC in the same picture is guaranteed to have millions of views.

by Anonymousreply 337May 24, 2023 1:43 AM

[Quote] The New York Post tells lies all the time

any receipts?

by Anonymousreply 338May 24, 2023 1:46 AM

I agree, R337. I just wish people weren't so credulous.

When are people going to grow tired of this stuff?

by Anonymousreply 339May 24, 2023 1:48 AM

Anybody know where the original video is available? I googled and since this went viral, there are tons of links out there to hangers on.

by Anonymousreply 340May 24, 2023 3:10 AM

R340, the twitter link at R182 has the video.

by Anonymousreply 341May 24, 2023 3:20 AM

So did any of the boys come forward with proof of receipt yet, or nah?

by Anonymousreply 342May 24, 2023 3:25 AM

The woman should go to prison for a month just for her annoying yelling.

by Anonymousreply 343May 24, 2023 3:27 AM

Found a short version of it. I am leaning more to her side. At worst she made a mistake. But those shitstains were playing to the camera and anything but upstanding.

If it all comes out, I have little doubt she will be vindicated. This will sound sad, but I had my locker broken into in HS and my members only jacket stolen.

When I saw this huge (and I will say it because this a true story, Black) linebacker wearing it even though it was way too small for him, I went up and yanked the back of it up to expose where mom had marked the label.

I get it now, but he didn't beat the shit out of me. Just started crying about why couldn't people believe that he could have nice things.

These guys are a lot more sophisticated, but if you know what to look for, you can see how full of shit those thugs were in their faces.

The hospital will pay dearly. I just wish those scumbags would get what they deserve as well.

by Anonymousreply 344May 24, 2023 3:30 AM

r338...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345May 24, 2023 3:31 AM

R336, since about 2020 when every white woman became suspected of being a "Karen" who was out to Emmet Till every POC male in their midst.

by Anonymousreply 346May 24, 2023 10:39 AM

The precursor to the "Karen" meme were the stories about obnoxious individual white women who were given such nicknames as Sidewalk Sally, Corner Store Cindy, etc.

Of course, talking about a Shaniqua would be racist but Karen is just fine according to the SJW crowd.

Karen is another example of how the woke use language to twist reality. This is how we ended up with this fantasy story of a 6-month pregnant hospital worker getting off a 12-hour shift and then trying to steal a bicycle from a group of young black men and being a threat to their very lives.

by Anonymousreply 347May 24, 2023 10:49 AM

WW R347. THREAD CLOSED.

by Anonymousreply 348May 24, 2023 11:15 AM

Please 'splain WHY this screaming woman immediately took off her ID tag?

If she wasn't doing anything wrong, why did she think to do that?

If she was 100% innocent, why remove your ID tag?

by Anonymousreply 349May 24, 2023 11:25 AM

R349, maybe she was afraid the group of young men stealing her bike would stalk her.

Also, lots of women hide their ID tags once they leave their workplace. It's for safety reasons and so strange men don't call out their names.

by Anonymousreply 350May 24, 2023 11:28 AM

I see, R347. I guess you were there and know all the facts of the case. Please share with us.

by Anonymousreply 351May 24, 2023 1:22 PM

[QUOTE] This will sound sad, but I had my locker broken into in HS and my members only jacket stolen. When I saw this huge (and I will say it because this a true story, Black) linebacker wearing it even though it was way too small for him, I went up and yanked the back of it up to expose where mom had marked the label. I get it now, but he didn't beat the shit out of me. Just started crying about why couldn't people believe that he could have nice things.

Mary!!!

by Anonymousreply 352May 24, 2023 2:23 PM

Has Sunny Hostin commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 353May 24, 2023 2:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354May 24, 2023 4:40 PM

So she DID try and steal the bike from them.

by Anonymousreply 355May 24, 2023 4:42 PM

So she is a liar.

by Anonymousreply 356May 24, 2023 5:31 PM

I don't understand. Why did she do that? Why did she want that particular bike? I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 357May 24, 2023 5:33 PM

R357, that has been the mystery this whole time.

Maybe she is another Mizzy--trying to do something outrageous so she can get virtual attention.

I think someone even suggested that earlier in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 358May 24, 2023 5:40 PM

Now that the young man's side of things have come out how long till she's fired?

by Anonymousreply 359May 24, 2023 6:00 PM

Any comments, R347?

by Anonymousreply 360May 24, 2023 6:23 PM

need whoopi to step in, play devils advocate for citibike karen

by Anonymousreply 361May 24, 2023 6:45 PM

How do they both have receipts for the same bike? I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 362May 24, 2023 6:53 PM

R362, it is hard to tell because Sarah blocked out the time on her receipt, which is odd because even her detractors agree that she probably did log into that bike.

As the video on twitter points out, the young man had just used the bike and was about to use it again. He may not have realized that he was signed out.

Sarah for some reason insisted on taking the bike he was sitting on, even though there were plenty of other bikes available (as can be seen in the original video). It looks like she did sign it out, but the young man did not know it.

Because after all, why would a woman want the bike he was sitting on rather than any of the unoccupied ones waiting for riders.

This is looking less and less like a Karen situation and more an more like a mentally ill woman getting aggressive.

by Anonymousreply 363May 24, 2023 7:16 PM

R363 Thank you. That's getting to some of the details I'm attempting to understand. But if she had signed the bike out, isn't it a problem for her to allow him to use it, since she is paying for that bike and also be liable for any damage to it? What could she have done differently? She could have not "gotten aggressive" and then rented another bike but then she would be paying for 2 bikes and also taking on a potential 1200 fee if he damages or does not return the bike rented out to her. Right? Her "aggression" is passive aggressive tears and talk of her fetus. To stand up for herself, she couldn't have become aggressive and actually fought 5 young men. They weren't listening to her and she was exhausted. What more could she have done?

by Anonymousreply 364May 24, 2023 7:30 PM

R364, What could she have done She could have signed out another bike.

It was very odd behavior and aggressive behavior for her to scan a bike that someone was sitting on. Since there were empty bikes there for her to scan, it appears she was looking to start a confrontation.

As the video says, she went over to him, asked for the bike, then used her phone to scan that specific bike.

Why you would defend this is also baffling. What could she have done? She could have scanned an unoccupied bike.

by Anonymousreply 365May 24, 2023 7:41 PM

Hey R365 I'm really just trying to understand her motives, the situational logistics, and the motives of all involved, as this is a curious mystery with high social stakes of cancel culture. I wonder: Maybe it's difficult to unlock a bike (for her) and she wanted a bike already unlocked and thought he was done riding it since he had returned it? Or maybe some of the bikes don't work that well and she saw this one in use, knew it worked well, and thought he was done with it since he had returned it to the docking station, then was perplexed as to why he wanted to keep a bike he had just returned? Maybe a few of the bikes are preferred for reasons only customers know. I don't know, as I've never used these types of bikes. But after reading 365 posts on this thread and the other thread, I'm invested in the mystery.

by Anonymousreply 366May 24, 2023 7:46 PM

If someone doesn't want to give you a bike for whatever reason, R366, you don't start a huge fight over it, especially if other bikes are available. Really disappointing that a health care professional behaves this way.

by Anonymousreply 367May 24, 2023 7:52 PM

Here's a theory: Maybe some bikes can be reserved for specific times. Maybe she had this one reserved for after she got off work, and he had been riding it all day before her reservation, with the understanding it was due back at a certain time because it was reserved. So that particular bike he was riding was due back because of her reservation, and he didn't want to return it and switch bikes, though he was forced to by the system. He was unhappy about how the system worked, so the fight started to try to get her to give up her reservation?

by Anonymousreply 368May 24, 2023 7:54 PM

R367 Why should health care professionals have to behave better than everyone when else off the clock? Are they saints or religious figures? Are healthcare professionals supposed to give up their rights to defend themselves just because the job they do? Does it really pay that well? Why aren't lawyers, stock brokers, bankers, etc., held to that standard?

by Anonymousreply 369May 24, 2023 7:57 PM

I get a strong "muh freedom" vibe from the male. He didn't like the rules, and decided to film this woman to get even.

by Anonymousreply 370May 24, 2023 7:57 PM

[quote]Are healthcare professionals supposed to give up their rights to defend themselves just because the job they do?

I don't know. It doesn't look like she was defending herself. It looks like she was being aggressive and unreasonable. Maybe she's an entitled Karen all along.

by Anonymousreply 371May 24, 2023 8:03 PM

[quote]R367 Why should health care professionals have to behave better than everyone when else off the clock?

Because many people have cell phones and can film you.

by Anonymousreply 372May 24, 2023 8:05 PM

Yeah, IKR r352...

It is just hard to pick out which part is more emasculating, the members only jacket or mom branding the jacket.

I warned you 😉

by Anonymousreply 373May 24, 2023 9:28 PM

R368, um, no. That is is not how the bike rental works. How would that even be possible?

Plus, it was clearly said that she scanned the bike in on site.

Someone of you are bending over backwards to save the white lady, that you are defying common sense and the what witnesses have attested to.

by Anonymousreply 374May 24, 2023 10:38 PM

Okay R374. Fair enough. I admit I have zero idea how the bike thing works and I am struggling to understand why the hell she did what she did.

by Anonymousreply 375May 24, 2023 10:41 PM

R369, if someone behaved with common courtesy and decency, she would not have to defend herself.

Actually, the young man was firm and as courteous as one could expect given the situation. If only Sarah could match his standard.

Like I said, this looks more and more like a mental health issue. The fixation on that one bike that she had to have even though someone was sitting on it and there were others right there. Her bizarre aggression when told to use one of the empty bikes.

by Anonymousreply 376May 24, 2023 10:42 PM

We may never know the answer, R375. Sometimes you have to live with uncertainty.

by Anonymousreply 377May 24, 2023 10:43 PM

Five days ago, before Sarah's lie was exposed, Monique Judge asked all the right questions the The Griot:

She looked directly at that young man then she began screaming as if she were being attacked.

No one was attacking her. No one touched her. In fact, the only physical contact in the video came from Sarah Jane Comrie.

Sarah Jane Comrie touched the young man. She grabbed his phone. Even in the moment when she told him he was touching her “unborn fetus,” it was her leaning into his arm. He did not touch her.

Her lawyer dropped the tidbit that she is six months pregnant, and that turned the narrative into why would a pregnant woman try to take a bike from five Black guys?

Never mind that the same pregnant woman he claims was in such imminent danger could have walked away at any time. Never mind that plenty of people were around, and none of them seemed to think she was in any real type of danger.

What pregnant woman reaches for the telephone of a young man who is supposedly endangering her?

A pregnant woman on her worst behavior, that’s who.

The truth is, no one ruined Sarah Jane Comrie’s reputation for her. She did that herself. Her behavior is evident in that video.

Why would five young Black men attempt to rob a white woman for a Citi Bike in Midtown Manhattan in plain view of everyone? Why would they then stick around and film the interaction?

They filmed the interaction because they sensed that something wasn’t right, and they had the presence of mind to start filming so that what they did could never be called into question.

Her lawyer claims that “one or more” of those young men pushed the bike, with Sarah on it, back into the rack and prevented her from being able to leave.

That could be considered a crime, yet Sarah has not filed any police report, and her lawyer is adamant that they harbor no ill will toward those young men. He says this at the same time when his statement is written in a way that frames them as the aggressors in the situation.

His statement presumably represents what Sarah Jane Comrie told him about the incident because he wasn’t there.

That story is being presented in a statement and sent to media outlets, but not in a court of law, and that is also an important thing to note.

It’s important to note because putting that story out there does not mean that it is true or that this is the exact way things went down.

But again, from her lawyer’s standpoint, that doesn’t matter.

Her lawyer is aware of how this works. He knows that with very little effort on his part, people who are uneducated and lack media literacy will take his version of the narrative and run with it.

Her actions won’t be the topic of discussion; her being the victim will be.

We cannot let that abide.

Sarah Jane Comrie did an awful thing that day, and she, her lawyer, her employer and the people who saw that video know it.

It’s not about the bike or who paid for it.

It’s about what Sarah Jane Comrie did when she realized that young man wasn’t going to give it to her.

Her lawyer claims she paid for the bike, but not once does she say that in the video. The young man she is arguing with repeats multiple times that he paid for it, but she never says that. Instead, she starts screaming for help as if they were trying to murder her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378May 24, 2023 11:07 PM

So much analysis, of such an irrelevant incident.

by Anonymousreply 379May 24, 2023 11:37 PM

R379, true. But when you see so many people denying the evidence of their eyes and common sense, it is hard to sit back.

by Anonymousreply 380May 24, 2023 11:41 PM

Yeah but pre-internet this would just be a stupid argument between two people, and it would end there.

by Anonymousreply 381May 25, 2023 12:23 AM

I looked at the comments on the TikTok and people were asking why she was so hellbent on that bike he was riding. Apparently it was electric (someone said hey those grey ones is rare) and the others weren't.

Also, apparently, if you dock the bike every 30 mins you save money. Every min over that time you get charged more per minute. So he was riding the bike on his route to wherever, docked the bike to save money. And as he was docking she spotted it and wanted it and asked if she could have it. He said no, with the intention of taking it out again. She sat on the bike, scanned the bike in her name and that's why she has the receipt.

by Anonymousreply 382May 25, 2023 2:31 AM

Thank you R382 !!! That explains so much.

by Anonymousreply 383May 25, 2023 2:36 AM

If what R382 is the truth, then both of them behaved badly. The young man was attempting to cheat the system to monopolize the best bike and not to pay the price for monopolizing it. He had already had it more than the allotted time. When a pregnant woman asked to use it, he should have let her since his time was up and because an electric bike would be easier for her to ride in her condition and he already had used it longer than he was supposed to. If he was a white man, everyone would call out his behavior as unacceptable and not be blaming her, not matter how fake her tears appear. This is looking very much like reverse racism.

by Anonymousreply 384May 25, 2023 3:03 AM

Girls, girls, you're all cunts!

by Anonymousreply 385May 25, 2023 3:09 AM

USA Today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386May 25, 2023 3:17 AM

R384 I agree, didn't want to type that out. The reason citibike charges more after 30 mins is so more people have a chance to use the bike. Also, turning this into Racist Karen tries to victimize innocent blacks was way over the line ... But it was also over the line for her to sit her entitled ass on that bike knowing full well he was waiting to scan it again.

That's why I think her tears were real. She DID scan that bike and expected them to concede finally. And when they didn't, she realized oh shit, I went too far and caused a scene and they're going to turn this into a viral video. Or they're going to take off on a bike scanned under my name.

Ultimately, taking a bike that was sitting idle for the express purpose of allowing another customer to take it is not a crime. But doing so knowing he wanted to use it again and while he had his hands ON the bike is extremely entitled and rude, and had she just accepted that they weren't going to give it up, then none of this would have escalated to this point.

by Anonymousreply 387May 25, 2023 3:21 AM

The pregnant lady should have gotten the bike. He was being a hog, and gaming the system.

These are the people who hop the subway turnstile regularly.

by Anonymousreply 388May 25, 2023 3:26 AM

Hopping the turnstile is theft. He was going to pay for the bike.

by Anonymousreply 389May 25, 2023 3:28 AM

Was he sitting on it with his ASS when she came up and claimed it and scanned it?

by Anonymousreply 390May 25, 2023 3:29 AM

Technically she still has grounds for a lawsuit. She followed the rules, however rudely she went about it.

by Anonymousreply 391May 25, 2023 3:31 AM

Why is the OP of this thread greyed out?

by Anonymousreply 392May 25, 2023 3:47 AM

R384, what made that bike better than the other bikes that were docked?

I thought all citibikes were uniform?

by Anonymousreply 393May 25, 2023 3:51 AM

R393 I believe someone explained upthread that the particular bike was rare since it was electronic, unlike the others, so much more in demand. I assume that was why a pregnant would would prefer it but also why the young man wanted to keep it even though his time was up.

by Anonymousreply 394May 25, 2023 3:57 AM

If this was a scuffle over who paid for a bike no one would care. The video went viral because of the way the woman weaponized her white victim status with the absurd calls for help and crocodile tears.

by Anonymousreply 395May 25, 2023 5:08 AM

If his ride ended at 2:19 and hers allegedly began at 2:25, then I suppose the bike was technically hers. But I don't get why she rented a bike that he didn't want to give up??

by Anonymousreply 396May 25, 2023 5:14 AM

The question is after he relinquished the bike, why should he be able to prevent others from using it?

What r382 reported makes perfect sense. I'm sure the electric ones are more popular and scarce. The thirty minute limit is there for a reason.

It's kinda fuzzy and something the company should address. Is the 30 minute limit there to make sure the bike gets charged, or to keep the bikes in rotation?

Apparently they have a day pass, but you still have to dock every 30 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 397May 25, 2023 3:06 PM

Curiously this 𝐾𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑛 thread of a woman disputing a bike carries on day after day while the thread of the woman professor attacking a reporter with a machete disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 398May 26, 2023 4:15 AM

Yes R398. I also wonder why her behavior has required so much reaction and outrage. Many are acting as if she committed a crime and had done worse than all the gun loons shooting innocent strangers.

by Anonymousreply 399May 26, 2023 4:33 AM

Because she tried to take a bike that wasn't hers, R399, and then she tried to get the poor kid in trouble when he wouldn't give it to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400May 26, 2023 5:02 AM

His family is on assistance, so he temporarily docked the bike to keep the rate low. The bike was still in his possession and she felt entitled to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401May 26, 2023 5:05 AM

He is from a family of immigrants who are on public assistance, getting a "free ride" from citizen tax payers. He also, because of the public assistance, gets a "reduced" rate on the rented bike. All that help from tax payers and he still has to cheat the system by monopolizing the best bike and to keep it from a pregnant woman, who is working and not on assistant stealing the tax payer's dime.

by Anonymousreply 402May 26, 2023 5:26 AM

Also, does anyone really believe the hearsay from his mother and his sister telling his story. How many mothers or sisters are good character witnesses and have no bias? They are claiming he is facing hostility because of the incident. If his friends hadn't filmed it and shared it online to attempt to get hostility directed at the pregnant woman, then he would have remained a private citizen.

by Anonymousreply 403May 26, 2023 5:28 AM

Interesting how certain people on this thread say the black men are the guilty party, no matter what information comes out. What's that about ?

by Anonymousreply 404May 26, 2023 5:33 AM

Interesting how everyone is still making this about race. If this were a white teenage boy attempting to keep the bike from a pregnant woman, no sympathy would be given for the boy, who clearly behaved selfishly.

by Anonymousreply 405May 26, 2023 5:39 AM

R404, you new here?

by Anonymousreply 406May 26, 2023 5:51 AM

You're right, R405. Her behavior is beyond reproach 🙄.

by Anonymousreply 407May 26, 2023 5:52 AM

It's about race because it is about race. There isn't a historical precedent for killing white boys because of white women's fake tears and screams.

by Anonymousreply 408May 26, 2023 5:54 AM

R402, why do you feel she had more right to the bike in question? His being on assistance doesn't make him ineligible to rent the bike. It was still in his possession so she should have taken one of the available bikes. Her being a healthcare worker doesn't give her priority, and he was not obligated to let her ride it whether or not she was tired and pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 409May 26, 2023 6:02 AM

Sorry, but if the kid REDOCKED the bike it became at the point eligible to be rerented. He was no longer IN POSSESSION of the bike. That sucks for him boo hoo hoo. But anyone can rent a bike if it is docked and free to be rented. Sounds like he was squatting it thinking he deserved to keep it bu the system is ELECTRONIC. Not based on human character and human needs.

by Anonymousreply 410May 26, 2023 7:49 AM

R409 I believe R410 answers your question very well. It's a matter of logic and the way the system works. No one is allowed to hold onto a bike after returning it. That's gaming the system. Also, it seems unethical for a young man whose family is on benefits and government assistance to be joyriding all day when he could be working to help support his family, and not using precious resources discounted for those on assistance to help them get to work and school for joyriding in groups of idle teens while tying up the city's resources from people who are working to support themselves and paying full price.

by Anonymousreply 411May 26, 2023 8:38 AM

Like I said, it is a Grey area.

It was not in his possession if it wasn't checked out to him. She made a dick move by hopping on it and scanning it. But you know what? In the clash of two assholes, she won.

If he wanted to joyride all day, he could have bought a day pass. Then she wouldn't have been able to scan it out. I'm not saying my dude is the devil. He just got out flanked and couldnt accept it.

by Anonymousreply 412May 26, 2023 12:23 PM

[quote] He just got out flanked and couldnt accept it.

ie -- disrespected

by Anonymousreply 413May 26, 2023 12:30 PM

[quote]Her actions were pretty entitled.

So were his. He gamed the system to ride a highly coveted e-bike from 5:53pm to 10:12pm, stopping every 45 minutes to redock the bike and avoid higher charges, but still laying claim to the bike. And he and his family still don't seem to understand (or want to acknowledge) that this is not how the Citi bike process is designed to work.

Neither side comes off particularly well in this scenario. It's unfortunate for both of them that it's blown up into what it has.

by Anonymousreply 414May 26, 2023 1:46 PM

R403, I think we believe them because their version of events is more consistent with the video than Sarah Jane's version is. Her aggressive behavior and the boys' lack of aggression on video fits with the mother's and sister's description of events better than with the lawyer's.

R410, I take it you do not ride citibikes. The redocking is something everyone who rides for longer than 45 minutes does. If you think that is "gaming the system" I guess all us avid citibike users are guilty.

by Anonymousreply 415May 26, 2023 1:55 PM

If the bike is docked it is no longer his. What don't you get? Any rider can try this all day squatting of a favoured bike, but as soon as the bike is redocked, someone else can rent it. That's the way the system works. For crissakes.

by Anonymousreply 416May 26, 2023 1:59 PM

R416, when was the last time you used a citibike?

When was the last time you rode for an hour or more?

Seriously, I love how all these people who never use citibikes now are telling all of us who ride regularly how the system works.

by Anonymousreply 417May 26, 2023 2:04 PM

I ride citibikes in Switzerland everyday. It's the same system everywhere. When the bike is docked that its. It's back on the system as rentable. and often you can rent such bikes a few minutes ahead of being at the station. You get to the station, the bike is already yours. You unlock it. I have arrived at stations with people standing by "my bike" trying to unlock it. I explain sorry, it's reserved, that's the system. Unlock it and ride away. they are not always happy. It doesn't matter IT IS THE WAY THE SYSTEM WORKS.

by Anonymousreply 418May 26, 2023 2:10 PM

This may never have happened to the kid before. It was a question of timing. She happened to rent the bike in the moment before he managed to rerent it. Much to do about nothing.

by Anonymousreply 419May 26, 2023 2:14 PM

If she was SO TIRED why the hell did she want to ride a bike?

by Anonymousreply 420May 26, 2023 2:20 PM

She knew the bikes were being held, R418, which is why she asked several kids in the group if she could have their bike - to which they all responded "no."

by Anonymousreply 421May 26, 2023 2:20 PM

THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO "HOLD" BIKES. That is not how it works. "Holding" sounds like rules made up by nonwhites to fuck hegemony.

by Anonymousreply 422May 26, 2023 2:28 PM

R418, but no one claims that happened. She rented the bike at the station, scanning the code off the bike while it was still in his hands.

Maybe they do it differently in switzerland, but that is something I have never seen in the three US cities where I have rented. If someone has the bike in their hands, the assumption is that they will be renting it if they have not done so already.

But maybe in Switzerland people hang out leaning on bikes and there is less concern about invading personal space.

by Anonymousreply 423May 26, 2023 2:30 PM

You're making up your own rules that only apply to black kids. Once a bike is docked, ANYONE CAN RENT IT. There is no "holding". Now, in practice, there may be a culture of holding, but that is NOT the way the system works. Not the rule. Not the technology.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424May 26, 2023 2:32 PM

If he could have rented it immediately after docking it, why didn't he? The bike was available. It is a public bike. Not his bike for the day, unless he can afford to rent it for the day.

by Anonymousreply 425May 26, 2023 2:34 PM

The kids all told her they were using the bikes when she asked. Honestly, she acted like her having a bike was somewhow more important. Pregnant healthcare worker who just finished a 12 hour shift doesn't make her more entitled to the bike.

by Anonymousreply 426May 26, 2023 2:35 PM

I admit this is a culture clash, however, and the boys probably think their culture of holding is perfectly normal.

by Anonymousreply 427May 26, 2023 2:36 PM

She is ENTITLED to the bike because it was at that time FREE TO RENT. There is no "holding". They boy was locked out of renting it, obviously. Maybe he has to wait a certain number of minutes to rerent. Sorry for him, but if someone comes along, that bike is AVAILABLE TO RENT - to anyone, during that time.

by Anonymousreply 428May 26, 2023 2:37 PM

The teen could have rented a different bike when he was reeligible for his 45 minute low rate. Too bad he would have to give up his favourite bike. Boo hoo.

by Anonymousreply 429May 26, 2023 2:39 PM

[quote]Marino called the caught-on-tape interaction “incomplete” and lacking facts. He said after the health care worker wrapped up her 12-hour shift, she got on an available bike, “which no individuals were on or touching,” and paid for it through the Citi Bike app on her phone. As she backed it up from the docking station, a group of five people approached her and claimed the bike was theirs, he said.

Assuming this is true, is there any explanation as to why she was approached by "a group of five people?" To me, that's one of the fishiest parts of the story, and makes it look like a set-up.

by Anonymousreply 430May 26, 2023 2:45 PM

Because the five friends had been riding around together, R430, and were all "holding" bikes.

by Anonymousreply 431May 26, 2023 2:50 PM

If she was so tired from working and being pregnant, then why didn't she just uber home?

by Anonymousreply 432May 26, 2023 2:51 PM

Because some bossy Karens are environmentally conscious.

by Anonymousreply 433May 26, 2023 2:57 PM

In a city of outrageous behave sometimes all it takes is just one look!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434May 26, 2023 3:05 PM

R430, exactly. It makes no sense. Sarah's lawyers narrative makes no sense and is inconsistent with the video. If you look at the groupings and postures, those boys would have to have approached her then gotten settled VERY fast.

It is much more likely that she approached the boys. I do not know why she created this set up, but it does feel like a set up of some sort.

by Anonymousreply 435May 26, 2023 4:26 PM

R424, dude, anyone who has rented citibikes in NYC can back me up as to how we do it.

by Anonymousreply 436May 26, 2023 4:27 PM

"How we do it" and "how it's supposed to be done" can be two different things.

by Anonymousreply 437May 26, 2023 5:13 PM

It really surprises me that you can't just rent a particular bike on the app. The website mentioned a kiosk. Could she not have just checked it out there?

by Anonymousreply 438May 26, 2023 5:14 PM

Has it come out yet who was in the right? Did the kid have the bike rented and the woman tried to take it?

Or did his rental expire and she rented it and he tried to take it from her?

I agree her attitude is the story here.

by Anonymousreply 439May 28, 2023 4:36 AM

R439

I think the concensus is that he had checked the bike back in to save money and she hopped over him and scanned it to herself.

He didn't have it rented. He was just calling dibs because he had been riding it all day without purchasing a day pass which would have prevented her from doing that.

It was like clash of the dick moves.

by Anonymousreply 440May 28, 2023 12:05 PM

Yes that seems to sum it up. Those bikes aren't cheap. Such bikes are MUCH cheaper in European cities.

by Anonymousreply 441May 28, 2023 12:13 PM

I guess citibike Karen didn't get the memo that young people don't have to acquiesce to the demands of others anymore - pregnant healthcare worker or not.

by Anonymousreply 442May 28, 2023 4:45 PM

NY is a blast!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443May 28, 2023 6:03 PM

[quote] ...young people don't have to acquiesce to the demands of others anymore - pregnant healthcare worker or not. ...

And women don't have to acquiesce to the demands of men anymore - whether the man is alone or in a group of 5 men.

by Anonymousreply 444May 28, 2023 6:55 PM

R444, the young man was still in physical possession of the bike and obviously he and his friends did not feel like giving up a bike for her which is what she expected them to do. It was their call to make and they wanted to retain the bikes, it's as simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 445May 28, 2023 7:11 PM

Really, R445 ? If you wanted to rent something and 5 teenagers were tying up the best of the five things you wanted to rent (bikes whatever) not currently rented out to them and legally available to be rented to anyone, you would be okay with letting them keep those resources from you? That's not how the market works. There were only 5 electronic bikes available, and she wanted one. They were all 5 unrented, and the teens were squatting on them. It's not fair. Those kids were operating like a gang tying up public resources as if those resources are their private property. People should celebrate this woman for standing up to them.

by Anonymousreply 446May 28, 2023 7:26 PM

Just had to link to Rupert, didn't you, r434 r443? NYC is just too scary for you...sad.

by Anonymousreply 447May 28, 2023 7:35 PM

R445 Those are the black folks rules, right? Not available to white crackers? Hegemony! Revolution!

by Anonymousreply 448May 28, 2023 7:39 PM

R445 he was in physical possession of nothing. Had he been, she wouldn't have been able to check it out.

The mistake she made was asking them for the bike. I would have just walked over there and scanned it.

God only knows how long those bikes stood idle while those dicks hung out shooting the shit at different stations and guarding the bikes from people who were ready to pay for and use them.

But that doesn't matter. If he wanted to stake his claim to the bike he would have gotten a day pass or at least have it checked out.

I don't know why this is so difficult for you.

by Anonymousreply 449May 28, 2023 10:23 PM

Because the West African immigrant teen must be blameless and rich white Karen is evil.

by Anonymousreply 450May 28, 2023 10:32 PM

Karen could have taken another bike. If she can't handle a non-electric bike while preggers, she should find another means of transportation. Karen is entitled and always wrong. Imagine getting on the wrong side of that woman while being her patient.

by Anonymousreply 451May 28, 2023 10:48 PM

R449 You so very desperately want this to 100% fit your narrative. Some people see this story as complicated, and perhaps the truth lies somewhere between. You are very unhappy in life. I hope things improve.

by Anonymousreply 452May 28, 2023 10:50 PM

R452 cheap distraction tactics. But to be expected as you surely didn't do debate in school. Wood shop was a stretch for you.

by Anonymousreply 453May 28, 2023 10:54 PM

Thank you R452 for contributing nothing. It is obvious from the personal attacks that you can't contest anything I said in r449, so thanks for the validation.

It is as simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 454May 28, 2023 11:11 PM

[Quote] Just had to link to Rupert, didn't you, [R434] [R443]? NYC is just too scary for you...sad.

Not sad or scary for me hon but for those who live and work there. And despite what race-baiting media outlets would have you believe, Karens aren't the real problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455May 29, 2023 3:43 AM

R440, thanks; that explains much. I was kind of torn on who to side with once more info came out but it sounds like each had a hand in this.

I find that I prefer just staying in as I get older.

by Anonymousreply 456May 29, 2023 4:24 AM

R449, she did walk over there and scan it.

by Anonymousreply 457May 29, 2023 2:58 PM

R457

Right, but she asked them for permission first. Permission that they had no standing to grant.

by Anonymousreply 458May 29, 2023 3:05 PM

I'd like to point out that even if you have a day pass, you have to dock it every 30 mins....if I read the website correctly.

by Anonymousreply 459May 30, 2023 6:56 PM

(^.^) sounds ridiculous. Wat would be the purpose of docking a bike every 30 minutes? So on my way downtown after 30 minutes I would have to dock the bike! For how long and why?

by Anonymousreply 460May 30, 2023 9:05 PM

It does sound ridiculous but maybe I misread it. I'm only willing to devote so much time to this...

by Anonymousreply 461May 31, 2023 1:49 AM

[quote]Day pass - When you’ve got lots to do. Includes unlimited 30-minute classic bike rides within a 24-hour period. Any ride longer than 30 minutes is an additional $4/15min.

[quote}$19/Day

It sounds kind of silly but it looks like you're right, R459.

I'm not an expert. I don't live in New York and I've never rented a Citibike, but this is what I understand from the website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462May 31, 2023 5:19 AM

Bloody hell. Messed up the quote. There is no God.

by Anonymousreply 463May 31, 2023 5:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!