Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone Watching Netflix’s Anna Nicole Documentary?

Her lesbian lover is in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 24, 2023 8:06 AM

She was a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 1May 16, 2023 5:00 PM

Daddy NO!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2023 9:56 PM

Cesspool!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2023 10:28 PM

What took so long? Loved Anna, even though she was mess. She wasn't stupid though. I can't imagine finding your son dead in a Hospital room after you just gave birth. Heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2023 10:50 PM

R1 ?

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2023 10:54 PM

It looks depressing. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2023 11:15 PM

Watching now. I was around here looking for a thread. I always love the climb parts of these stories—Playboy, Guess, etc.—but the way down is depressing.

by Anonymousreply 7May 19, 2023 12:36 AM

Take several seats, Anna Nicole. Tatum will always have a more fucked up relationship with her dad than you could ever wish for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 19, 2023 12:40 AM

Say what you want, but she was ethereal looking back in the 90's.

That a studio never tried to make her into a Gina Lollobrigida, Brigit Bardot type of sex symbol has always been baffling.

by Anonymousreply 9May 19, 2023 12:43 AM

"Smith was a baby when Hogan was kicked out of the house for raping Smith's aunt, who was 10 years old at the time. After pleading guilty and spending six months in jail, he started a new family. Donna Hogan, Smith's half-sister, alleges in her 2007 book Train Wreck: The Life and Death of Anna Nicole Smith that Hogan was a violent alcoholic who "abused all the other women in his life, including me, his own daughter."

Anna Nicole hired a detective to track down her dad. Obviously it was a no-brainer to fly her sex-criminal father, and a half-brother whom she'd never met, to join her at her wholesome Playmate of the Year celebration at the Playboy mansion in Los Angeles. What a perfect locale, a perfect moment for a reunion with a child rapist.

And how shocking and sad it must have been when her father then tried to rail her inside the mansion after the party. I mean, she was wearing pasties, her nipples weren't even exposed!

Donnie, the half-brother, has called his father a "monster."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 19, 2023 12:55 AM

Go for it!

by Anonymousreply 11May 19, 2023 1:14 AM

R9 I thought it was interesting how she turned down the lead female role (Cameron Diaz) in The Mask to do basically a gimmicky Zsa Zsa Gabor-type role in Naked Gun 33 1/3 because The Mask was only offering $50,000. If she had done The Mask she may have had more film opportunities..

by Anonymousreply 12May 19, 2023 1:47 AM

R10 Sober up

by Anonymousreply 13May 19, 2023 1:49 AM

WHET Howard K. Stern?

by Anonymousreply 14May 19, 2023 1:58 AM

I’d the disgusting junky lawyer in the doc?

by Anonymousreply 15May 19, 2023 2:06 AM

*is.

by Anonymousreply 16May 19, 2023 2:06 AM

Did he get thrown in prison, R14? He was a nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 17May 19, 2023 2:07 AM

I always think of Anna Nicole and Brittany Murphy in the same way: If only someone had called 911 instead of trying to treat serious illnesses at home, they both might be alive today. I think Anna Nicole was septic from her injection site and I believe Brittany Murphy had pneumonia. Both also surrounded by shady people.

by Anonymousreply 18May 19, 2023 2:23 AM

This shitty doc was made with the Howard K Stern family! They have photos, video... Howard's ugly sister is interviewed. Every point is pro Howard. “Howard didn’t do nothing wrong! Not his fault!” The entire cast of the doc shit talks Anna when they stop getting their way. Wow! This was shitty. Anyone who wouldn’t be in the doc is shit talked.

by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2023 3:49 PM

[quote] She was a lesbian?

Bisexual, I guess, but she loved women BIG TIME sexually and emotionally.

by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2023 5:38 PM

R1, is you watched that show you would know that Anna was forced into anything. She was manipulative to everyone. People who blame him are idiots. She was a train wreck long before he was ever around.

by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2023 5:39 PM

[quote] Howard didn’t do nothing wrong!

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 22May 19, 2023 5:41 PM

Birkhead seemingly has done a good job raising their daughter.

by Anonymousreply 23May 19, 2023 5:42 PM

Birkhead has seemingly done a good job raising their daughter. In fact, her daughter would have probably ended up like Whitney’s had Anna Nicole lived. She now at least stands a chance of having a happy life.

by Anonymousreply 24May 19, 2023 5:43 PM

A piece of shit documentary made from the side of the lawyer Howard K Stern. Scummy!

by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2023 9:40 PM

R20 How do you know?

by Anonymousreply 26May 20, 2023 8:55 PM

So was she a sociopath?

by Anonymousreply 27May 23, 2023 2:43 AM

I'm always interested in the psychology of angry nutjobs like r19. That nutjobbery seems very common in people who worship famous women. Did you live vicariously in your sad little fantasies through her or something?This woman was not a child. She was a manipulative, lying drug addict with a severe personality disorder who had repeatedly overdosed prior to contact with stern. Imagine being so crazy that you even blame stern's sibling, who had nothing but kind things to say about Smith. I've noticed among you types a bizarre hatred of anyone even near your object of worship for not " saving" them.

by Anonymousreply 28May 23, 2023 2:49 AM

R28 agreed. And don’t forget about how she lied about her mother raping and abusing her, when in reality her mother was a cop who got her and her girlfriend out of trouble all the time. She stole her girlfriend’s childhood trauma and made it her own.

I watched the whole documentary and had no sympathy for her. Felt sorry for her son. Glad her daughter is being raised by Birkhead.

by Anonymousreply 29May 23, 2023 3:56 AM

R29 That was pretty shocking. I think the doc wanted to find a troubled, gentle soul and found a straight up sociopath. The girlfriend seemed very sweet and intelligent. I was more interested in her journey tbh.

by Anonymousreply 30May 23, 2023 10:14 AM

R29 When you say girlfriend, do you mean a female friend or did she actually dated a girl?

by Anonymousreply 31May 23, 2023 2:54 PM

r31 - she dated her. apparently a bisexual sociopath.

Agree that the girlfriend was more interesting and articulate than Anna Nicole.

by Anonymousreply 32May 23, 2023 5:17 PM

Zaslav may as well just buy Netflix, that's how fucking trashy and basic it's become.

by Anonymousreply 33May 23, 2023 5:24 PM

R31 a bisexual sociopath? Anna or the girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 34May 23, 2023 7:13 PM

R34 I'm not r31 but they were undoubtedly referring to Anna as the sociopath. Watching the doc that was the distinct vibe I got. Not saying that the people around her weren't gross as well but Anna seemed straight up ASPD. Which was quite interesting because it goes against the cultural depiction a lot of people always have of tragic but good hearted female sex symbols. The ex gf seemed pretty normal and empathetic but obviously still a bit in love with Smith.

by Anonymousreply 35May 23, 2023 8:14 PM

R35 Thank you

by Anonymousreply 36May 23, 2023 10:20 PM

Please give examples of her sociopathy? Aside from grifting the old millionaire.

I’m very curious but don’t have Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 37May 23, 2023 11:22 PM

I haven't seen it, but I remember the Dark Roots documentary, and the E! True Hollywood Story. Using google, I found out her cousin Melinda Hudson died in 2021 at age 42. (She's the sister of "Cousin Shelly" from the Anna Nicole Show)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 24, 2023 1:37 AM

I was a child of the 2000s and mainly remember Anna Nicole from her ubiquitous TrimSpa advertisements. She played up the guileless bimbo role to the hilt—a real modern day Jayne Mansfield. During her last 5 years or so, she seemed to be in on the joke as long is at made for a paycheck. I watched the documentary and found it interesting. I didn't get the impression that she was a sociopath. An opportunist, yes, but I think at the end of the day, I think she was simply an addict who found herself in a series of "right place, right time" situations (or "wrong place, wrong time", depending on how you look at it) and seized the opportunities.

Unlike a lot of Hollywood whores, Anna was always naturally beautiful. The childhood photos of her in the documentary were adorable—she was cute as a button, and grew into a very attractive woman. Like most damaged people with a pretty face, she really didn't have a chance in a place like Hollywood. She had her finger on the "self destruct" button long before she ever left Texas.

by Anonymousreply 39May 24, 2023 2:05 AM

There was a point where they are interviewing paparazzi and the guy is talking about secretly gay actors who have carefully crafted pr images or whatever and they show footage of Leo DiCaprio as he’s talking.

by Anonymousreply 40May 24, 2023 2:05 AM

I wonder if Dannielynn has any contact with Anna's mother, her maternal grandmother. I remember seeing some doc where Larry Birkhead takes his daughter to Texas to see where Anna was from, but no mention of visiting family.

by Anonymousreply 41May 24, 2023 2:10 AM

R41 Virgie died in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 42May 24, 2023 3:06 AM

[quote] if Dannielynn has any contact with Anna's mother

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 24, 2023 3:28 AM

Isn’t cousin Shelleys daughter missing?

by Anonymousreply 44May 24, 2023 3:50 AM

I loved Anna Nicole. She was a fascinating trip.

by Anonymousreply 45May 24, 2023 4:51 AM

She seemed lazy and undisciplined. She put on all that weight, then took a bunch of diet pills to lose the weight.

On her show, she was kissing Margaret Cho and her assistant, Kim(?).

Howard K. Stern is now a public defender. I think he was acquitted of charges with regard to ANS. He gave me the creeps.

by Anonymousreply 46May 24, 2023 4:55 AM

I'm sad to hear Melinda passed.

She seemed real sweet in Dark Roots.

COVID?

by Anonymousreply 47May 24, 2023 6:01 AM

How does her ex girlfriend looks like?

by Anonymousreply 48May 24, 2023 8:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!