Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Celebrity megachurch sexual abuse scandal exposed in ‘The Secrets of Hillsong’ Docuseries.

A celebrity megachurch with a global reach accused of sexual abuse is the subject of a four-part FX docuseries “The Secrets of Hillsong,” Jezebel reports. Carl Lentz, the Hillsong Church’s “rockstar pastor” who was removed from his leadership role in 2020 over allegations of “breaches of trust” and a “recent revelation of moral failures,” was the subject of a 2021 Vanity Fair investigative series that is the basis of the docuseries. The “moral failures” included multiple extramarital affairs, one of which involved a woman who described a sexual relationship with Lentz as abusive. The docuseries will feature the first interviews with Lentz and his family since the allegations first surfaced in 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 2, 2023 11:41 PM

Wow that pastor looks a lot like Justin Bieber.

by Anonymousreply 1May 16, 2023 12:17 AM

R1 Uncanny!

by Anonymousreply 2May 16, 2023 12:18 AM

Sex abuse?? in a church??? I can't believe it!!

by Anonymousreply 3May 16, 2023 12:24 AM

I remember when rumors were going around that Justin Bieber was being molested by that guy. I don't remember how old JB was at the time but it was rumored that the he was also being taken advantage of financially by the church.

by Anonymousreply 4May 16, 2023 12:29 AM

Consensual sex isn’t molestation

by Anonymousreply 5May 16, 2023 12:32 AM

Aw now, these allegations make Chris Pratt cry!

by Anonymousreply 6May 16, 2023 12:45 AM

r6 She's wearing too much foundation for a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 7May 16, 2023 4:52 AM

Hillsong has always been shady.

by Anonymousreply 8May 16, 2023 12:03 PM

Where in the globe has this megachurch reached? Color me curious.

by Anonymousreply 9May 16, 2023 12:07 PM

sex crime!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 16, 2023 12:13 PM

^ The bone 🍖 brothers

by Anonymousreply 11May 16, 2023 12:33 PM

I can't seem to forget you. Your Hillsong stays on my mind

by Anonymousreply 12May 16, 2023 12:44 PM

The "Elites" who molest children are in the Hollywood churches like this one, just like they are in the churches of the fraus/ "mama bears". As it's been proven, over and over. If they really cared about "saving the children", they would close the churches, not the libraries.

But they don't, because they won't.

by Anonymousreply 13May 16, 2023 12:48 PM

I so badly want to punch this dude, with his long, permed hair. And why is it that when people cheat on their spouses they play it down by saying shit like, "I walked through infidelity". Every fucking pastor is a charlatan and everybody is only motivated by money and pussy (or dick). It's so cringe inducing listening to his culture vulture wigger speech and his transparent bullshit like wrapping bibles and taking them to clubs. This motherfucker never did anything that wasn't being filmed though. And of course the upper echelons were all white even though many congregants were people of color. That's exactly how the people's temple was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 20, 2023 2:56 PM

Who's the high school lesbian in OP's photo?

by Anonymousreply 15May 20, 2023 3:03 PM

I think it was clear pretty quickly that he is a sociopath of the narcissistic flavor. I also believe he watched a bunch of interviews of women who had been sexual abused ie 'me too' interviews and was intentionally imitating them for subconscious empathy from the viewers

by Anonymousreply 16May 20, 2023 9:07 PM

He reminds me of Chet Hanks in his ability to code switch from his black dialect in charming the crowds, to his white whininess when trying to explain why he's such a prick. His story about the old black man who lived next door when his house got shot by rival drug dealers and the black man telling the cops that he's a man of god and aint no bullets gonna get in his house...like there's no way some old black dude doesn't see through your shit and actually thinks that. And the women of color interviewed who say what a great actor he was...no, you guys just suck at reading people. Most everyone else can see he's an insincere charlatan. That poor girl with the harelip who got the date she first went to that church tattooed on her...sigh, poor thing probably had fantasies about that tool sweeping her off her feet.

by Anonymousreply 17May 21, 2023 3:21 PM

Any thinking person clocked that "preacher" the second they laid eyes on him. He reeks of sociopath.Never has been a doubt in my mind he was fucking Biebs.Not a one.

by Anonymousreply 18May 21, 2023 3:45 PM

Any church where the leaders hang out with celebrities is bullshit. Periodt. The end.

by Anonymousreply 19May 21, 2023 3:51 PM

Bieber totally looks FTM.

by Anonymousreply 20May 21, 2023 4:03 PM

Old news

by Anonymousreply 21May 21, 2023 4:07 PM

Bieber looks creepy now.

by Anonymousreply 22May 21, 2023 4:15 PM

Thanks to DL and this thread, I just started watching this last night. I've only seen the first episode. His relationship with Beiber feels uncomfortable. I'm not a Beiber fan, but over the last few years, he seems on the verge of something. Such a sad looking guy (as in he seems very depressed/sad).

I didn't know too much about Hillsong but it's basically evangelical masquerading as ultra inclusive. When asked about gay marriage, Lentz says, "We believe in love and having conversations". That was the canned response in every interview.

by Anonymousreply 23May 21, 2023 4:26 PM

For some reason this picture bugs me. I guess it’s because I don’t see “pastor” here with his big-boobed trophy wife and mini-me son. It looks controlling and phony and no joy in the photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 21, 2023 6:14 PM

The pastor fucked the Beeb's ex, Selena Gomez. That was why the Beebs quit the cult.

by Anonymousreply 25May 21, 2023 6:26 PM

Why emphasize on Hillsong? Change it to any megachurch or just church, the story will stay the same!

by Anonymousreply 26May 21, 2023 7:41 PM

Absolutely R26 but this dude is so fun to clown. He really thought that weird Aussie deep voiced creep would not fire him for all this shit? Oh my sides!

by Anonymousreply 27May 22, 2023 4:48 PM

Oh the guy who is always walking around with his abs greased up and his dick almost coming out of his shorts and the trendy manbun was just in it for chicks and power? I didn't see that coming at all

by Anonymousreply 28May 22, 2023 4:54 PM

Ha R28. And money, Louis Vuitton sweaters and YSL leather jackets. Yeah these people who seem genuinely blindsided that this guy is a fucking phony just come off as dumb. At least Jim Jones didn't show up on tv crying later when it all blew up.

by Anonymousreply 29May 22, 2023 4:57 PM

He’s hawt!

by Anonymousreply 30May 22, 2023 8:45 PM

He has like a curly sort of weave now and slight filler face. He looked so much better with the short, precision hair cuts. I'm looking forward to episode 3 on Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 31May 23, 2023 1:48 AM

Me too R3! I'm guessing it will get into the Houston dad's sex scandals. I really hope the Carl part is over. I can't look at him with his constant flexing and fake crying. What was with his wife tossing out that the kid tried to od on pills? I don't believe anything they say. They're just predatorial phonies and yet anyone who sees them and thinks they're sincere kinda deserved to get fleeced. His jeans are so fucking tight, they're behind him. And of fucking course fat faced Oprah is in the fray! Say hi to my mom! I would love to meet Oprah just to let her know that my mom doesn't care for her at all.

by Anonymousreply 32May 23, 2023 2:50 AM

I don't know much about this couple, but it looks like the wife is standing by her man, despite all those infidelities and scandals, she is staying with him, why? what's the dynamic here, she is an independent woman sacrificing here for the sake of kids, or she is a stay home wife/mom with limited options?

by Anonymousreply 33May 23, 2023 9:33 AM

R33 she knew what it was from the beginning and she's every bit the craven and acquisitive sociopath that he is. she too is in a position of major influence and power.

by Anonymousreply 34May 23, 2023 11:59 AM

She had a nanny and staff despite not having a job and even though she knew he was fucking the nanny, she kept her on. She's a creep too. Also, that nose....

by Anonymousreply 35May 23, 2023 4:10 PM

Carl's eyes are so beady, like two pissholes in the snow.

by Anonymousreply 36May 23, 2023 5:12 PM

Thirty-six posts and this hasn’t made an appearance?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 23, 2023 6:18 PM

More of that demoncrat child sex abuse we always knew was happening!

by Anonymousreply 38May 23, 2023 6:23 PM

Carl explaining for the fifth time that a Bellhop goes after every third place setting and that a measuring tape MUST be used to center it.

Justin trying his hardest to commit Carl’s instructions to memory lest he ruin another dinner party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 23, 2023 6:45 PM

Justin is the man Elliot Page wants to be.

by Anonymousreply 40May 23, 2023 8:07 PM

This is so fucking obnoxious. Gum smacking and Biebs hanging all over him. This is offensive. Jim Jones would never do this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 23, 2023 8:17 PM

Any new opportunity to post my favorite christian fundie burning pussy mashup club tune is a good day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 23, 2023 8:25 PM

🤭😂 r40

They’re both transmen.

by Anonymousreply 43May 23, 2023 8:32 PM

What about me R42?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 23, 2023 8:48 PM

R37 Ahahahahahahahaha that's gold, Jerry, gold!

by Anonymousreply 45May 23, 2023 10:53 PM

r41 Biebs is so stoned in this.

by Anonymousreply 46May 24, 2023 7:36 AM

I am watching it now on Hulu, this is what he looks now, hawt? No, I don't think so unless you are into the hobo hawtties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 24, 2023 7:48 AM

Yeah R47, everything about him is so contrived and this look is too. He was doing the hipster douche look and now he's doing the aging surfer guru look but it's all manufactured and I'm sure he practiced his speech in the mirror complete with arm flexing.

by Anonymousreply 48May 24, 2023 8:52 AM

We had a whole lengthy thread on Touched but a Hobo so that look probably turns more than a few DLers on, R48.

by Anonymousreply 49May 24, 2023 10:09 AM

As each Christian phony falls, another rises to take his place. Americans love funding the lifestyles of these hypocritical grifters. Sad!

by Anonymousreply 50May 24, 2023 10:29 AM

[quote] And the women of color interviewed who say what a great actor he was...no, you guys just suck at reading people.

I am not sure why you singled out the women of color. The church had hundreds of thousands of congregants who were enthralled by him and did not "read" him as a loser. People of faith want to believe and do not reflexively doubt the sincerity of someone who identifies as a Christian. Not everyone is as worldly, cynical and suspicious as the typical Datalounger.

by Anonymousreply 51June 2, 2023 4:42 AM

Did he infect Bieber with MS, or whatever it is he has, through unprotected sex?

by Anonymousreply 52June 2, 2023 4:58 AM

DL never got over pastor Davey, the murdered wife, and the Indianapolis-Florence SC megachurch nexus.

by Anonymousreply 53June 2, 2023 5:10 AM

R51 Not even in P.T Barnum’s wildest dreams

by Anonymousreply 54June 2, 2023 5:56 AM

r42: That made me laugh very hard. Thank yoiu!

by Anonymousreply 55June 2, 2023 6:30 AM

R51 I don't know why I singled them out either, I guess because they are the ones who talked the most in this, that they thought he was going to change things in the church and make them more visible, and then he didn't. You're right though, he snowed many idiots, and I'm sure white people were the most fooled. I guess I am shocked they weren't more wary of him, his culture vulture ways and blaccent were ridiculous to me.

by Anonymousreply 56June 2, 2023 11:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!