Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jenny Craig Is DEAD To Me

Nobody needs to eat this shit food anymore now that we’ve got Ozempic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 5, 2023 11:01 PM

Wrong thread!

by Anonymousreply 1April 27, 2023 10:12 PM

I understand that some folks don't make the time to prep their meals, and some have portion control issues. But any weight loss prigram that requires users to buy their own food is a waste, as far as I'm concerned.

But the jingle WAS catchy. And repeated many times by those bullying the fat kids at school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 27, 2023 10:16 PM

Weight Watchers beware. One by one, they'll all fall to these drugs.

by Anonymousreply 3April 27, 2023 10:16 PM

[quote] "prigram"

*program

R3 Those who can't afford the very expensive drug will still have to *gasp!* do the work themselves. And I'll be waiting patiently for longterm effects to be discovered. Because they will. Eventually.

by Anonymousreply 4April 27, 2023 10:19 PM

When widespread long-term use of the drugs becomes unsustainable for some reason or another, all these clubs will be dusted off and revived and then fail again, because they've already been replaced by meal delivery services that offer more appealing food.

by Anonymousreply 5April 27, 2023 10:19 PM

These drugs aren’t going anywhere. Every Pharma company will come out with their own version of Wegovy or Mounjaro, and try to undercut the competitors on price. And eventually they’ll start to be covered by insurance.

by Anonymousreply 6April 27, 2023 10:25 PM

She had a fat ass but she couldn't live forever.

by Anonymousreply 7April 27, 2023 10:26 PM

Old bag is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 8April 27, 2023 10:28 PM

I read Jenny Jones

by Anonymousreply 9April 27, 2023 11:17 PM

It’ll still function only online and direct to customer ship for food. I’ve been wondering when they would do away with the centers since others like Nutrisystem only do online.

by Anonymousreply 10April 27, 2023 11:51 PM

[quote]Weight Watchers beware. One by one, they'll all fall to these drugs.

Well yeah, and for the good reason that scientists (and Oprah) have proved over and over that diets don't work. Most people can lose weight on one, but hardly anyone can keep it off, for hormonal reasons which are now well known and which Ozempic handles.

by Anonymousreply 11April 27, 2023 11:53 PM

What’s next on Ozempic’s hit list? Planet Fitness? Peloton? Nike, Adidas and New Balance? We won’t need exercise anymore.

by Anonymousreply 12April 27, 2023 11:55 PM

Once Mounjaro becomes popular, these fad diet programs will finally disappear forever.

by Anonymousreply 13April 28, 2023 9:51 PM

Jenny who?

by Anonymousreply 14April 28, 2023 10:31 PM

I hope the laid off staffers aren’t emotional eaters.

by Anonymousreply 15April 28, 2023 10:38 PM

R13 a 40 year old multi billion dollar business is hardly a fad you amoeba r13

by Anonymousreply 16April 28, 2023 11:09 PM

To compare Jenny Craig to an appetite suppressing injectable is MORONIC!

by Anonymousreply 17April 28, 2023 11:10 PM

R12 only idiot newsreaders who act like their journalists make this association. It’s sad to see how people have zero understanding of the drug or Jenny Craig, Planet Fitness, etc.

by Anonymousreply 18April 28, 2023 11:14 PM

^^They’re

by Anonymousreply 19April 28, 2023 11:14 PM

Fat whores, despair!

by Anonymousreply 20April 29, 2023 12:13 AM

[quote]What’s next on Ozempic’s hit list?

Lizzo’s career. Her fat “body-positive” fanbase will dump her as soon as they can get a Mounjaro prescription.

by Anonymousreply 21April 29, 2023 2:14 PM

Damn YOU, 2023!

by Anonymousreply 22April 29, 2023 2:23 PM

Diets don’t work for most people because of so many reasons… not just fad diets. We are so much more sedentary than previous generations, even if we work out. Food has become less nutritious and is loaded with carbs. And the more you eat carbs, the more you crave them.

Ozempic works great on reducing the cravings and helps the body process food better. This is the future of weight management for a country that sits at a computer all day, doesn’t walk anywhere, and orders by Instacart. Better stuff is coming in the next few years, too.

The people that should worry about Ozempic is the food industry. Funny enough, I’m a bit overweight and wanted to go on Ozempic, but my doctor says I’m not fat enough to get it covered by insurance, which covers it if you’re morbidly obese and have co-morbidities. Once Ozempic is reasonably priced, people like me will be using it.

by Anonymousreply 23April 29, 2023 2:41 PM

I like how people are acting like the layoffs have anything to do with the quality of the product or service (I don’t even know what Jenny Craig is, tbf, as I’m not a frau).

Meanwhile:

[quote] The company, based in Carlsbad, California, was acquired by H.I.G. Capital, a $55 billion private equity firm, for an undisclosed amount in April 2019.

by Anonymousreply 24April 29, 2023 2:47 PM

Didn't Oprah buy a huge stake in Weight Watchers recently?

by Anonymousreply 25April 29, 2023 2:54 PM

She DID! And who will be supporting HER?

by Anonymousreply 26April 29, 2023 2:58 PM

Oprah bought into WW probably based on data about how the U.S. is getting fatter. She saw a future business opportunity. Ozempic has been around for awhile for diabetics, but it’s a recent development that it helps with weight loss. WW will probably be around for people who maybe need to lose 20-30 lbs and don’t qualify for Ozempic to be covered by insurance and can’t afford to pay out of pocket. Once Ozempic becomes affordable, bye bye weight watchers.

by Anonymousreply 27April 29, 2023 3:08 PM

Business Wars did a really interesting set of short episodes about the diet industry — the Jenny Craig stuff (and all of it) is fascinating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 29, 2023 3:08 PM

[quote]Didn't Oprah buy a huge stake in Weight Watchers recently?

Her stake is not as huge as her ass.

by Anonymousreply 29April 29, 2023 4:13 PM

"Jenny Craig Is DEAD To Me"

She's 90, so it can't be long now

by Anonymousreply 30April 29, 2023 7:24 PM

MARY!

I mean

JENNY!

by Anonymousreply 31May 4, 2023 9:16 PM

[quote][bold]The private equity-owned company[/bold] said it’s looking for a buyer and considering shifting toward e-commerce, urging employees to “anticipate that your employment may be impacted.”

Fucking Vulture Capitalists.

by Anonymousreply 32May 4, 2023 9:26 PM

These diet programs were always a fail. If the customer has no real will power, only bariatric surgery is going to help. The same with Wegovy. The patient is supposed to use it to kick start weight loss. They aren't supposed to be on it the rest of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 33May 4, 2023 9:50 PM

The problem is that people go on a diet to reach their goal weight, achieve it, then they go off the diet. The way people phrase it “I’m on a diet” tells you everything you need to know that they will fail in the long run. They think it’s something to do for a set period of time.

The way you need to think about dieting to make it stick is “I’m changing my diet & lifestyle so I can maintain my goal weight once I reach it.” It’s a life long commitment not a phase.

by Anonymousreply 34May 4, 2023 10:06 PM

Isn’t Ozempic only gif diabetics? What if you have 20 pounds to lose. You shouldn’t be getting that medication and a diet plan would work. I guess all fatties are now morbidly obese.

by Anonymousreply 35May 4, 2023 10:31 PM

Isn’t Ozempic only for diabetics and pre-diabetics? What if you have 20 pounds to lose? You shouldn’t be getting that medication and a diet plan would work. I guess all fatties are now morbidly obese.

by Anonymousreply 36May 4, 2023 10:32 PM

I see fewer and fewer Weight Watchers and Lean Cuisines in frozen section anymore. I used to like Weight Watchers cake snacks but they disappeared years ago from stores in my area.

Weight Watchers and Lean Cuisine aren’t just microwaveable frozen foods — they were among the first mass produced microwave frozen foods going waaaay back before most of today’s commonly seen frozen microwaveable food.

I did Jenny Craig during lockdown and lost 25 lbs but the food was repetitive. Not a lot of choice. I did like some of it. I liked their burgers, chicken burritos, steak and egg burrito, their amazing cranberry almond cereal. And their snacks. But it was overpriced and after a few months you’d get sick of the same stuff all the time. And they’d suddenly discontinue a food you liked, or would substitute something when they were out of stock.

It’s not just diet drugs that are putting them out of business. It’s the “fresh food ingredients for homemade meals delivered straight to your door” like Hello Fresh. Gen Z doesn’t want processed food.

I wish somebody would deliver ingredients for slow cooker meals. Send me food bundles where I dump a bundle into a slow cooker and tell me how long to cook, and at what temp. I’d make stews and soups and stuff. Just pop in a bundle and come back later.

by Anonymousreply 37May 18, 2023 10:18 PM

Shit. What are fat people supposed to do? Fuck it, they're over priced anyway.

by Anonymousreply 38May 18, 2023 10:22 PM

[quote] The same with Wegovy. The patient is supposed to use it to kick start weight loss. They aren't supposed to be on it the rest of their lives.

Wrong. They are supposed to stay on it the rest of their lives. They have to continue a maintenance dose. Whether or not insurance will considered covering a maintenance dose for Wegovy remains to be seen. Once your BMl goes below 25 you’re no longer overweight, so insurance will probably no longer cover it for weight.

by Anonymousreply 39May 18, 2023 10:24 PM

[Quote] the “fresh food ingredients for homemade meals delivered straight to your door” like Hello Fresh. Gen Z doesn’t want processed food.

R37 you are wrong. Jenny Craig introduced “Jenny Fresh” line of chef made, organic ingredient, meals a few months ago. Meals shipped weekly from a a prep kitchen on the east coast. Meals were refrigerated, not frozen, and had an exp date of 7 days after being made. I enjoyed the Jenny Fresh meals and thought that the company was on the right track with this option.

by Anonymousreply 40May 18, 2023 10:33 PM

[quote] The problem is that people go on a diet to reach their goal weight, achieve it, then they go off the diet

These medications are metabolism changers, so you need to stay on them. Once they wear off, your appetite & slow metabolism come back. My doctor’s been in semaglutide (aka Ozempic, Wegovy, Ribelsus) for 3years. She’s lost a shit ton of weight and kept it off. But she can afford to continue it for the rest of her life. She’s on a low dose. It’s no more strenuous than taking low dose aspirin for the rest of your life to prevent blood clots after you’ve had a thrombus.

People who are diabetics stay on Ozempic (semaglutide) for the rest of their lives. Why is it so much worse for someone to stay on Ozempic to maintain a good weight? I don’t understand why some people are so rabidly negative about an obese person taking medication to correct metabolic syndrome which caused weight gain. In the case of both diabetics and people with metabolic syndrome, they’re simply taking medication to correct a health problem. It works for them.

by Anonymousreply 41May 18, 2023 10:37 PM

They chose not to do an overhaul their advertisements, R40. When you change your product you need to saturate ad venues. In the public’s mind, Jenny Craig was still processed frozen food. Changing a longtime product like Jenny Craig needs more advertising than introducing a new product like Hello Fresh. You have to change what’s in the public’s mind. They failed. Maybe they ran out of money for such an image overhaul.

At first they were just going to shut down their brick and mortar locations, rather than abruptly cease all operations. . They should’ve shut those locations down back at the turn of the century.

by Anonymousreply 42May 18, 2023 10:53 PM

Morbidly obese is beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 43May 18, 2023 11:01 PM

R42 too bad the company didn’t come to you for the answers to all of their business and advertising issues. Oh well, it’s too late now.

by Anonymousreply 44May 18, 2023 11:02 PM

That "1-800, Ninety-Four Jenny" jingle was a real bop!

by Anonymousreply 45May 18, 2023 11:15 PM

This is Jenny Craig, how can we help you?

I want to lose 20 lbs.

Lol are you kidding? A fat bastard like you? Lose weight?? Lol

by Anonymousreply 46May 18, 2023 11:19 PM

Great gag about this on a recent Australian comedy quiz show.

"They lost $300 million in only 5 weeks!"

by Anonymousreply 47May 26, 2023 5:03 PM

Nutrisystem food is very very shitty in comparison. I miss Jenny Craig. BistroMD here I come.

by Anonymousreply 48May 26, 2023 5:11 PM

How did NBC not use the headline "Jenny Craig Goes on a Diet"?!

by Anonymousreply 49May 26, 2023 6:10 PM

Fettuccine!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 27, 2023 1:59 PM

Looks like their next approach will be hiring their own doctors to consult patients and administer the drugs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 5, 2023 9:09 PM

[quote]The rise of the popular obesity and diabetes drugs Wegovy and Ozempic have compelled weight-loss companies to fundamentally shift their business models. WeightWatchers and Noom have for years promoted diet and exercise as the primary ways to lose weight, but both recently debuted plans to offer prescriptions for Wegovy and similar drugs as part of a strategy that recognizes obesity as a chronic disease.

These companies are basically admitting their diet programs are useless and don't work for most people.

by Anonymousreply 52June 5, 2023 11:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!