Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Best Way to Cook Roasted Potatoes—these are a game changer!

[bold] GREG'S TANTALIZING ROASTED POTATOES WITH SEMOLINA [/bold]

[bold] INGREDIENTS FOR 4 to 6 PEOPLE [/bold]

–2-1/2 to 2-3/4 pounds of floury potatoes, such as Russetts

–7 Tablespoons (1/4 cup + 3 Tablespoons) duck fat or olive oil

–2 Tablespoons of Semolina

–2 Garlic cloves, peeled

–A few rosemary sprigs

–Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

+++

[bold] PROCEDURE [/bold]

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

2. Peel the potatoes, cut into large chunks, and place in a saucepan of cold, salted water. Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 6 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, add the oil to a sheet pan that will accommodate the potatoes in a single layer. Place the oiled sheet pan in the oven to heat up.

4. Drain the potatoes (yes, in a colander) and give them a gentle shake to rough up the edges.

5. Sprinkle the potatoes with the Semolina, shake again to coat evenly, then leave to steam dry for 5 minutes.

6. Leave the garlic cloves whole but hit them with the flat side of a large chef's knife.

7. Carefully add the potatoes to the hot tray, along with the garlic and rosemary. Gently toss the potatoes, garlic, and rosemary in the hot fat to coat and spread out in a single layer so that they cook evenly.

8. Roast for 40 to 45 minutes, turning every 15 minutes, until crisp and golden brown.

9. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and serve hot.

*I also like to sprinkle the cooked potatoes with some finely chopped fresh Italian parsley just before serving.

These are the MOST delicious roasted potatoes you will ever have!

by Anonymousreply 116December 13, 2023 4:11 PM

I want this thread nuked! Like the last one was.

by Anonymousreply 1March 6, 2023 7:56 PM

Come on Rice!

Come on Couscous!

Don't be a hater. You, too, can enjoy munching on my deliciousness.

by Anonymousreply 2March 6, 2023 7:59 PM

Hi, Greg.

by Anonymousreply 3March 6, 2023 8:00 PM

This thread is the reason the word starch was invented.

by Anonymousreply 4March 6, 2023 8:02 PM

What happened to the other thread? Was it "roasted"?

by Anonymousreply 5March 6, 2023 8:04 PM

Hello, R3. How are you?

by Anonymousreply 6March 6, 2023 8:09 PM

[quote] This thread is the reason the word starch was invented.

Why, R4?

by Anonymousreply 7March 6, 2023 8:10 PM

[quote] What happened to the other thread? Was it "roasted"?

Yes, R5, it was roasted alright.

by Anonymousreply 8March 6, 2023 8:12 PM

O wow. Rosemary, garlic and sea salt. How ground-breaking. You're really spoiling us with this recipe.

by Anonymousreply 9March 6, 2023 8:14 PM

Ugh.

Nauseam semper.

by Anonymousreply 10March 6, 2023 8:15 PM

[quote] O wow. Rosemary, garlic and sea salt. How ground-breaking. You're really spoiling us with this recipe.

It’s more about the procedure and the addition of semolina - not the garlic and rosemary.

But thanks for showing us what a stupid person you are.

by Anonymousreply 11March 6, 2023 8:17 PM

i ain't never heard of semolina. what does she look like?

by Anonymousreply 12March 6, 2023 8:18 PM

What a bunch of fatties!

by Anonymousreply 13March 6, 2023 8:19 PM

R9 makes a good point, though he is very rude.

For a different flavour combination, try omitting the garlic and rosemary and toss the potatoes with ½ tsp turmeric and a pinch of chilli flakes before roasting.

I like this very much.

by Anonymousreply 14March 6, 2023 8:24 PM

My own ‘Oh, dear!’

Chili flakes.

by Anonymousreply 15March 6, 2023 8:26 PM

[quote] i ain't never heard of semolina

You mean, you ain’t never heard of NO semolina.

by Anonymousreply 16March 6, 2023 8:27 PM

I'm a dish, r12!

by Anonymousreply 17March 6, 2023 8:34 PM

[quote]such as Russetts

Only one 't,' please.

by Anonymousreply 18March 6, 2023 8:39 PM

Apologies, R18!

by Anonymousreply 19March 6, 2023 8:41 PM

I think that's too much work. I made roasted potatoes with a pork loin yesterday which I had tossed in olive oil and then let the fat from the pork finish them off. My company yesterday ate 7 pieces out of the 20 that I had made and kept telling me how delicious they were. Potatoes, olive oil and pork fat is enough.

by Anonymousreply 20March 6, 2023 8:44 PM

Semolina, Semolina, men have named you...

Are you warm? Are you real, Semolina? Or just a dry and coarsely ground down work of starch?

by Anonymousreply 21March 6, 2023 8:44 PM

[quote] munching on my deliciousness

Now I can't unsee this!

The recipe sounds good, though!

by Anonymousreply 22March 6, 2023 8:47 PM

Did you get this “game changer” from this recipe or from one of the many others available on line?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 6, 2023 8:49 PM

Sounds good, R20. But sometimes one might want to make roasted potatoes without having a roast pork BBQ and delicious pork fat. What you did sounds yummy and is also the way my mother often made roasted potatoes.

by Anonymousreply 24March 6, 2023 8:50 PM

R23, I don’t claim to have invented the roast potato with semolina. However, my recipe is not from Sainsbury Magazine. I saw something years ago on the Food Network but can’t recall who was cooking.

by Anonymousreply 25March 6, 2023 8:52 PM

Lipstick Lesbian — I’m sorry for the disagreeable image of munching on my deliciousness, but do give these a try. I think you’ll love them.

by Anonymousreply 26March 6, 2023 8:55 PM

R21, thanks for the laugh!

by Anonymousreply 27March 6, 2023 8:57 PM

Correction:

In R24, I’m not sure how ‘BBQ’ ended up in there. It does not belong.

by Anonymousreply 28March 6, 2023 9:01 PM

[quote] Nauseam semper.

I’m sorry that you are always nauseous, R10.

Perhaps a little Pepto would help?

by Anonymousreply 29March 6, 2023 9:07 PM

Hi, Greg, I will! R26

by Anonymousreply 30March 6, 2023 9:24 PM

Great, LL! Please let us know what you think of them.

by Anonymousreply 31March 7, 2023 10:14 PM

r28 I wondered why you put BBQ in there. I only make browned potatoes when making a roast pork or roast turkey. There are so many wonderful ways to make potatoes that I make other kinds for other cuts of meat. I am going to try fondant potatoes next and freeze them and see how that works.

by Anonymousreply 32March 7, 2023 10:58 PM

Ah, R32, fondant potatoes are lovely. Have you made them before?

by Anonymousreply 33March 8, 2023 10:52 AM

no, it will be my first time.

by Anonymousreply 34March 8, 2023 1:46 PM

Too many CUNTS on DL. If you don't like the recipes, provide your own. I myself just uploaded my used tampon tuna helper recipe.

by Anonymousreply 35March 8, 2023 2:06 PM

Dear Martha,

I think I should thank you? But I'm really not sure.

And I really must thank you for sharing your delicious recipe for Poached Cod in Tomato Sauce with Prunes. Sure, I've taken a lot of flak for it, and yeah, I've received a bunch of random death threats (thanks, Mom), but its deliciousness cannot be denied.

Your tuna helper sounds like a great meal for a Friday in Lent (supper or high tea).

xx

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 8, 2023 2:24 PM

Is semolina hard to find?

by Anonymousreply 37March 8, 2023 9:08 PM

OMG. This fucking bitch.

It’s a Nigella recipe!!

by Anonymousreply 38March 8, 2023 9:35 PM

It's not even a recipe. Putting garlic, salt and rosemary on roast potatoes has been done since the dawn of time.

by Anonymousreply 39March 8, 2023 9:39 PM

I keep couscous on hand (thank you Trader Joe's!) for when I make tahini.

by Anonymousreply 40March 8, 2023 9:46 PM

[quote] OMG. This fucking bitch. It’s a Nigella recipe!!

Do you always use such offensive language, R38?

It is not a Nigella recipe. At least I can say that I did not get it from her. I frankly don’t remember where I learned to make roasted potatoes this way, but it wasn’t Nigella.

But what if it was? What would be the big deal? You’re dumb.

by Anonymousreply 41March 8, 2023 9:46 PM

Autocorrect again although I swear I tried!

Tagine NOT tahini!

by Anonymousreply 42March 8, 2023 9:49 PM

[quote] It's not even a recipe. Putting garlic, salt and rosemary on roast potatoes has been done since the dawn of time.

Fine. Call it a technique if you like. All I know is, there are many ways to roast a potato, and I recommend this way.

Are you okay now, R39? I didn’t mean to cause you any distress. They’re just potatoes. You know?

This is a very good way to roast potatoes. There are many other ways — good ways even. This is the way I like.

You require a lot of work!

by Anonymousreply 43March 8, 2023 9:50 PM

Gregg, you don’t need to respond to your trolls. It just makes you seem even more needy and attention-seeking. Just let us have our fun. Or you’ll end up cancelled like Rachel Ray.

by Anonymousreply 44March 8, 2023 10:11 PM

Thank you for that advice, R44. I certainly do not wish to be canceled like Rachel Ray.

by Anonymousreply 45March 8, 2023 10:13 PM

Greg, may I speak respectfully but candidly? I cook nearly every day but, in my kitchen, right now I've only got the garlic and salt. Counting the duck fat (which I've heard is wonderful for roast potatoes), and having to buy the potatoes, rosemary and semolina, this is a $20 and change recipe. And I'd find few uses for semolina and duck fat beyond this one.

Your recipes are always fantastic and this one seems indeed to be a game changer, but at what price?

by Anonymousreply 46March 9, 2023 1:40 AM

R46, I appreciate your candor. Here’s my suggestion:

Purchase either a bag of red potatoes or else a potato that you like and is on sale—Russet or Idaho is good. And buy whatever type of oil you like to use for other things.

If you have red potatoes there is no need to perl them. I would peel a Russet or Idaho. Cut them into large chunks or wedges. Rinse them off and gently cook in boiling salted water for about 6 minutes. Drain in a colander and shake them around a bit to rough them up. Let them steam dry for 5 minutes.

Then put them on a preheated sheet pan with the garlic if you wish as in the above recipe. You can certainly skip the rosemary and the semolina. Sprinkle with coarse salt and black pepper.

These will still be great! Hope you enjoy them.

by Anonymousreply 47March 9, 2023 11:00 AM

Why would ANYONE think I would post drivel like this?

Hopefully, it’s clear we are not the same person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 9, 2023 11:13 AM

Op are semolina and semolina flour the same thing?

by Anonymousreply 49March 9, 2023 11:25 AM

Yes, R49. They are the same but might have a different coarseness.

Coarse semolina has a much grittier feel and is the type of flour used for pasta and couscous. Fine semolina is much softer and silkier. It's been ground down much more and is best used for desserts and puddings and when one desires a smoother, creamier consistency.

by Anonymousreply 50March 9, 2023 11:41 AM

[quote] Why would ANYONE think I would post drivel like this? Hopefully, it’s clear we are not the same person.

No, we certainly are not.

I don’t believe I’ve ever even set foot in a GAP — I mean really. The GAP?

And as if that isn’t embarrassing enough, you have made an identity for yourself based on the GAP’s in-store playlists? Don’t get too ambitious,!

by Anonymousreply 51March 9, 2023 11:45 AM

With profiles of me in Vogue, The New Yorker, on NPR and several others, with more coming this Spring, I’ve succeeded quite well.

What international magazines have your “recipes” been published in?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 9, 2023 11:58 AM

Basic roasted potato recipe with self-congratulatory on-the-spectrum puffery.

Flush, This. Turd.

by Anonymousreply 53March 9, 2023 12:08 PM

Yes, R38, Nigella did this in 2008. I’ve been using her recipe for fifteen years!

by Anonymousreply 54March 9, 2023 12:11 PM

[quote] With profiles of me in Vogue, The New Yorker, on NPR and several others, with more coming this Spring, I’ve succeeded quite well.

GapPlaylists, you might be a nice person, in fact, I'm inclined to believe that you are. I like teachers (having been one myself) and have a soft spot for elementary school teachers. That said, you are pretty rude at R48.

Furthermore, you really can't believe that human interest stories in Vogue, The New Yorker, NPR or wherever define success. Honestly, if you taught your dog to walk upright, they'd be interested in you for that as well. Or if you collected vintage airline menus. Odd sells.

I know lots of academics and people who work in medicine, etc. that don't get profiled in these magazines. Do you think it's because you've "succeeded quite well" and do something more important than they do? Or rather, because you are a curiosity—similar to a dwarf or a bearded lady? The work you do with children is far more interesting, but it's not strange enough to warrant space in a magazine.

I don't think it's nice for you to talk about the drivel that I post.

by Anonymousreply 55March 9, 2023 12:42 PM

[quote] Yes, [R38], Nigella did this in 2008. I’ve been using her recipe for fifteen years!

Jaguar, then you can attest to how good they are!

I love Nigella, but I know that I didn't learn this method from her. It may have been Gordon Ramsay or Cooks Illustrated.

by Anonymousreply 56March 9, 2023 12:44 PM

I thought we were in a fake DL feud for publicity.

Never mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 9, 2023 12:59 PM

That's fine by me, GapPlaylists. We both love publicity.

by Anonymousreply 58March 9, 2023 1:03 PM

What game exactly does it change?

by Anonymousreply 59March 9, 2023 1:05 PM

They are, indeed, very good, R56. I've tried garlic roasted, using seasoned flour instead of semolina, but I always go back to Nigella's.

by Anonymousreply 60March 9, 2023 1:05 PM

I just roast red caps in duck fat, sometimes with a little garlic. Keep the fat when you roast a duck. Easy peasey.

by Anonymousreply 61March 9, 2023 1:13 PM

red jackets ^

by Anonymousreply 62March 9, 2023 1:14 PM

La publicidad!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 9, 2023 1:15 PM

Yeah and also a little salt and rosemary. Big deal. ^

by Anonymousreply 64March 9, 2023 1:15 PM

R64, are you being unkind?

by Anonymousreply 65March 9, 2023 1:27 PM

Greg is the worst troll on DL. The fact he has a fan following is problematic. If you look close enough all his recipes are code words for right-winged propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 66March 9, 2023 1:54 PM

[quote] Greg is the worst troll on DL. The fact he has a fan following is problematic. If you look close enough all his recipes are code words for right-winged propaganda.

This has made my day! I'm sure it will also make the day of my DL fans.

As I've said in the past, I love a good conspiracy theory. R66, please identify some of these "code words for right-winged propaganda."

I really can't wait for this!

by Anonymousreply 67March 9, 2023 1:57 PM

[quote]Your recipes are always fantastic and this one seems indeed to be a game changer, but at what price?

At what cost, Greg? AT WHAT COST?

by Anonymousreply 68March 9, 2023 1:58 PM

[quote]right-winged propaganda

I believe you mean "right-wingèd" propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 69March 9, 2023 1:58 PM

R66, have you seen THIS?

I'm trying to catch my breath as I type.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 9, 2023 1:59 PM

Oh, and please R66, tell us why the fact that I have a fan following (you said it, not I) is problematic.

Is it problematic like childhood leukemia is problematic? Or more like the way that racism is problematic? Or does it more resemble the New Coke kind of problematic.

I like knowing what we're up against here at the Datalounge, so please be specific.

by Anonymousreply 71March 9, 2023 2:04 PM

Greg- Please refrain from using the phrase-

Game Changer

by Anonymousreply 72March 9, 2023 2:05 PM

Oh my goodness, R72, you're right! I see it.

I guess I should rename my game changing heteronormative roast pork?

Or my alternative facts fries?

Or my global warming fondue?

by Anonymousreply 73March 9, 2023 2:12 PM

Greg- Duck fat

Really?

That is one of the most pretentious ingredients I've ever heard of.

by Anonymousreply 74March 9, 2023 2:20 PM

I found this great technique on Cooks Illustrated where you rinse/soak the sliced potatoes & then dry them off before coating with olive oil & seasons when baking. It makes for a crisper potato - very good!

by Anonymousreply 75March 9, 2023 2:40 PM

[quote] Greg- Duck fat - Really? That is one of the most pretentious ingredients I've ever heard of.

In all sincerity, R74, I don’t think of duck fat as even remotely pretentious. One can purchase it at Whole Foods and I make duck breasts often enough and always save the rendered fat from them. It is also possible to order it from Amazon.

Now had I indicated goose fat … that would seem a bit more exotic.

by Anonymousreply 76March 9, 2023 6:21 PM

Here you are!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 9, 2023 6:22 PM

[quote] If you look close enough …

Oh, dear! Another poster for whom proper English is optional.

by Anonymousreply 78March 9, 2023 6:57 PM

I might actually buy some of that duck fat.

by Anonymousreply 79March 9, 2023 7:18 PM

You should, R79 - it’s great for roasting potatoes.

by Anonymousreply 80March 9, 2023 7:36 PM

Apparently it changes it from Yahtzee to Monopoly.

by Anonymousreply 81March 9, 2023 10:08 PM

Lay off the carbs fatties!

by Anonymousreply 82March 9, 2023 10:08 PM

[quote]The Best Way to Cook Roasted Potatoes—these are a game changer!

Seriously Greg, you need to find more interesting games.

by Anonymousreply 83March 9, 2023 10:11 PM

I love Greg & these recipe threads! There are some really good cooks here on DL! I never fail to learn something new. Now with this recipe is it best to use fine or coarse semolina? I think I missed that part.

Also, it sounds like this recipe creates a sheet pan that is really dirty and has a lot of burn stains. Is that true? If so, could one line the sheet pan with parchment paper? I hate scrubbing sheet pans!

by Anonymousreply 84March 9, 2023 10:13 PM

R84, not Greg, but I always place parchment paper on any sheet pan I use to roast potatoes.

by Anonymousreply 85March 9, 2023 10:19 PM

[quote] Now with this recipe is it best to use fine or coarse semolina? I think I missed that part. Also, it sounds like this recipe creates a sheet pan that is really dirty and has a lot of burn stains. Is that true? If so, could one line the sheet pan with parchment paper? I hate scrubbing sheet pans!

Thanks, R84! I’m glad you love these threads.

I use Bob’s Red Mill semolina flour. It’s as coarse as fine sand. You can use either. You want some grit, do that it helps make the potatoes crispy.

Actually, this does not create a sheet pan that is dirty and burned. The reason that doesn’t happen is because you have to heat the oiled sheet pan in a very hot 400 degree oven and when you put the semolina-coated potatoes on that red-hot pan, they start browning immediately. When you remove the potatoes or when you go to turn them, the pan should look pretty clean.

So please don’t line your sheet pan with parchment paper because you don’t need to and also because the potatoes will turn out far better going onto a red hot metal pan rather than one with parchment. Additionally, they won’t crisp-up and brown as well on parchment paper.

by Anonymousreply 86March 11, 2023 5:29 PM

GREG'S TANTALIZING ROASTED POTATOES WITH SEMOLINA?

more like

"GREG'S STOLE FROM SOMEWHERE (probably Martha Stewart) TANTALIZING ROASTED POTATOES WITH SEMOLINA"

by Anonymousreply 87March 11, 2023 5:43 PM

Sorry, R17, you’re late to the party. We’ve already been down this road.

Not Martha Stewart. Maybe Gordon Ramsay? Do you consider it stealing when you share a recipe for something you love be?

by Anonymousreply 88March 11, 2023 6:01 PM

Edit — last word above does not belong.

by Anonymousreply 89March 11, 2023 6:02 PM

R87 don’t be such a big pussy.

Is this the way YOU prepare roasted potatoes? Then maybe try shutting up.

by Anonymousreply 90March 11, 2023 6:04 PM

R87 I don’t care WHO created the recipe! Greg is the one that made us aware of it. For that I appreciate him!

by Anonymousreply 91March 11, 2023 7:55 PM

Thanks, R91!

It’s really absurd that people think they are shaming me because I didn’t invent adding semolina to roasted potatoes! Nope, I did not invent that—I saw or read about it years ago and thought that some people might not know about it and would like it. I hope you’ll give it a try!

by Anonymousreply 92March 11, 2023 8:04 PM

If you’re making Sunday lunch, don’t forget about these potatoes!

by Anonymousreply 93March 12, 2023 6:08 PM

Do you develop these recipes yourself, or take other peoples’ recipes and slap your name on them for ego kicks?

by Anonymousreply 94March 12, 2023 6:27 PM

R94, these are recipes and techniques I’ve come to consider the best after many years of cooking both at home and professionally.

Did I just find this recipe yesterday and ‘slap’ my name on it for ego kicks? No.

I’ve been making roasted potatoes for years this way after either seeing someone do it or else reading about it. Then I adapt a recipe to suit my own tastes and purposes.

Does that answer your question?

by Anonymousreply 95March 12, 2023 6:35 PM

Why is Greg's OP gray lined out?

I have my settings on asbestos eyeballs.

by Anonymousreply 97March 12, 2023 6:41 PM

[quote]Actually, this does not create a sheet pan that is dirty and burned. The reason that doesn’t happen is because you have to heat the oiled sheet pan in a very hot 400 degree oven and when you put the semolina-coated potatoes on that red-hot pan, they start browning immediately.

Pro-tip: Invest in an oven thermometer to make sure your oven is calibrated correctly. Pre-heat to 400, and then lean on in there and hang the thermometer on the center rack. To prevent cool-down, hold a blanket over yourself and the open chamber. Take a few minutes to observe temperature, and adjust oven controls as needed.

by Anonymousreply 98March 12, 2023 6:51 PM

Thanks, R98! Excellent tip!

by Anonymousreply 99March 13, 2023 10:49 AM

If you use olive oil, wouldn’t heating the oil in a 400 degree oven create a smoke situation?

by Anonymousreply 100March 13, 2023 11:27 AM

[quote] If you use olive oil, wouldn’t heating the oil in a 400 degree oven create a smoke situation?

It hasn't for me, R100. I typically use either duck fat or extra light olive oil when I make these.

by Anonymousreply 101March 13, 2023 12:51 PM

[quote]If you use olive oil, wouldn’t heating the oil in a 400 degree oven create a smoke situation?

Not sure about 400 degrees, but I roast 3/4" cubes of yellow or red potatoes at 375 for 35 minutes, and I have never had the oil smoke. I have an oven thermometer, so I know it's at 375. And I use extra virgin.

by Anonymousreply 102March 13, 2023 12:54 PM

1993 GAP model Brendan Fraser winning the Academy Award is a GAME CHANGER!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103March 13, 2023 2:09 PM

Perhaps, GapPlaylists, but BF is no roasted potato.

by Anonymousreply 104March 13, 2023 2:21 PM

...or is he?

by Anonymousreply 105March 13, 2023 3:41 PM

This GAP stuff is a wee bit crazy, no?

by Anonymousreply 106March 14, 2023 4:06 PM

Archiving something you love and that gives you endless hours of happiness doesn't seem crazy to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107March 14, 2023 5:05 PM

Stealth autism thread.

by Anonymousreply 108March 14, 2023 5:07 PM

[quote] Stealth autism thread.

GapPlaylists is hardly stealth.

by Anonymousreply 109March 14, 2023 8:53 PM

Someone on another thread claims to have made these and said they’re terrible. Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 110March 15, 2023 9:08 PM

I'll try it out next time I make revani.

by Anonymousreply 111March 15, 2023 9:16 PM

Greg got cancelled on his other thread.

by Anonymousreply 112March 17, 2023 4:34 PM

In the United States, we spell 'canceled' with one 'l'

by Anonymousreply 113March 17, 2023 5:57 PM

Dare I ask how you would cook a corned beef to go with these potatoes, Greg?

by Anonymousreply 114March 17, 2023 6:20 PM

Hello St. Paddy! I typically braise it slowly in the oven using a Dutch oven. I braise it in chicken stock or part chicken stock and part water. You can also use some beer. I add onion, carrots, celery, fresh thyme, allspice, peppercorns, pickling spice, and bay leaves to the water. Preheat your oven to 275 degrees. Bring the corned beef and liquid to a simmer on the stove. Put the lid on and cook it in the oven for about 4–5 hours, flipping it over at the halfway mark. Be sure to add additional stock/water as needed.

Hope it comes out well!

by Anonymousreply 115March 17, 2023 6:43 PM

I was just re-reading this thread and found it very amusing.

Just bumping it up for those who have not seen it.

Oh! And these roasted potatoes are delicious!

by Anonymousreply 116December 13, 2023 4:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!