Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shaliene Woodley Reflects on ‘Violating’ Relationship With ‘Very Famous’ Aaron Rodgers

Looking back at her "darkest" time. Shailene Woodley reflected on her "violating" public relationship with Aaron Rodgers in a rare interview following their February 2022 split.

“It honestly never really hit me that millions of people around the world were actually watching these things and paid attention to them. Then, I dated somebody in America who was very, very famous,” the Spectacular Now actress, 31, told Porter magazine in an interview released on Monday, January 23. “It was the first time that I’d had a quote-unquote ‘famous’ relationship, and I watched [the] scrutiny, opinions, the desire for people to know my life and his life and our life."

Shailene went on to explain that her relationships before dating the NFL star, 39, were "fun," but this one didn't feel that way.

"I’m a very private person, and so I found that any time I posted anything, I instantly felt like I was sharing too much of who I am with people I didn’t necessarily trust," she added.

The former flames kept their relationship out of the public eye until the Green Bay Packers star confirmed their engagement in February 2021. Shailene then spoke candidly about finding love with the athlete during "this whacky, whacky time," referring to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“I didn’t really grow up with sports, especially American sports,” she shared on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at the time. “It was never really on my radar. When we met, also, I knew he was a football guy, but I didn’t know like what kind of a football guy he was. And I’m still constantly learning.”

A year later, In Touch confirmed the news of their split.

“While Shailene is supportive of Aaron’s career, he put football first and they were barely spending any time together,” a source shared at the time. “She felt he neglected their relationship. Neither of them was happy.”

A second insider revealed that Shailene and Aaron just “couldn’t make it work," adding, “There were too many obstacles. They’re both adults and decided to part amicably.”

Will they both stayed quiet about the breakup, Shailene told Porter that it was one of the "darkest" and "hardest" times of her life.

"It was winter in New York, and my personal life was shitty, so it felt like a big pain bubble for eight months,” the actress recalled, referring to her role in the forthcoming series Three Women. “I was so grateful that at least I could go to work and cry and process my emotions through my character.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 23, 2023 4:19 AM

I guess she thought bearding would be easy.

People are going to ask questions about your gay boyfriend, dear.

And you'd better be ready to answer them.

by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2023 10:26 PM

Honey, nobody was even paying attention. We all knew the deal.

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2023 10:32 PM

Sad she lets all that bullshit out of her mouth. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2023 10:33 PM

Someone ask her how much she got paid for her bearding.

by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2023 10:34 PM

She’s playing victim after that hideous open letter she made defending him.

by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2023 10:36 PM

[quote] It honestly never really hit me that millions of people around the world were actually watching these things and paid attention to them.

It never occurred to her that the press documents what entertainers and athletes do? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2023 10:36 PM

It's so sad how fame ruined this beautiful courtship. They were madly in love; it was so obvious. If it comes back, it's yours. They will find each other again like Ben and Jlo.

by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2023 10:39 PM

Tiny Head needs to zip it.

by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2023 10:56 PM

This so unkind (and Rodgers used to be cute, he isn't anymore, now he's downright goofy looking, if not homely, so I'm being an equal opportunity bitch about them both) but Woodley is downright plain.

She's not pretty, not cute, not striking.

Say what you will about Olivia Munn but she has a pretty face and nice figure. Or, used to anyway.

by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2023 11:05 PM

[quote] I guess she thought bearding would be easy.

THIS!

by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2023 11:14 PM

[quote] I’m a very private person

Which, I suppose, is why she's now choosing to talk in great detail to national media publications and personalities about her private life? Girl, please. No one cares about the goings-on in your weird and fucked up life, including (and especially) your dating habits that apparently don't rule out bearding for closeted self-loathing pro athletes. Kindly get over yourself and fuck off. Take up your neuroses with a shrink.

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2023 11:26 PM

Like Meg Markle, she never googled the guy.

by Anonymousreply 12January 23, 2023 11:37 PM

Why does anybody famous, or semi-famous, even read what people say about them on social media?

Is there some law I'm not aware of that requires a famous person to note what the masses of ignorant people can type into a device?

by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2023 11:41 PM

Aaron and Shaliene, in happier times.

Or scene from the Lifetime movie, "Love in the End Zone."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2023 11:48 PM

She should discuss her non relationship with soap. Smelly bitch.

by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2023 11:57 PM

She also dated pedo Ezra Miller.

by Anonymousreply 16January 24, 2023 12:00 AM

He looks so trashy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 24, 2023 12:04 AM

[quote] Or scene from the Lifetime movie, "Love in the End Zone."

Aaron knows a lot about the "end zone."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 24, 2023 12:43 AM

Shailene Woodley, from the 2023 Vanity Fair Oscar party. Posted because she hardly ever tries to look this good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 21, 2023 6:38 PM

"It was so violating, sad and painful I had to go lap on some ladyham to renew my spirit and my soul!"

by Anonymousreply 20March 21, 2023 6:47 PM

The new Jennifer Lawrence.

We can all see how well THAT'S going for the original.....

by Anonymousreply 21March 21, 2023 6:48 PM

I need to find that thread asking about celebrities we despise. I forgot to add her.

by Anonymousreply 22March 21, 2023 6:59 PM

I hate it when celebs court publicity & then whine about it, how invasive it all is, my privacy, boo hoo!

I don't think anyone is so much interested in them as a couple - just fascination at what a freakshow they both were.

by Anonymousreply 23March 21, 2023 7:02 PM

R14 He looks homeless

by Anonymousreply 24March 23, 2023 3:29 AM

Does one sit over coffee with their soon to be lavender ex at 2am and decide what narrative to use?

by Anonymousreply 25March 23, 2023 3:37 AM

She didn't know he is a very famous athlete? Uh huh. My next question is how'd she stand him? He's not exactly the nurturing, most pleasant of people, from what I've read about him.

by Anonymousreply 26March 23, 2023 3:55 AM

If you need a beard, hire an actress.

by Anonymousreply 27March 23, 2023 4:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!