Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Naomi Judd’s suicide note bans Wynonna from her funeral!

Gotta love the Judds. Even in death they lay on the drama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303February 27, 2023 4:42 PM

BANS

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2023 7:49 PM

She’s dead. Go to the funeral if you want. Piss on her grave if you want. Scatter her ashes in a trailer park if you want.

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2023 7:49 PM

And there’s some nonsense about her will being forged. And the suicide note was on a post it. And she underlined “not” in …Do NOT allow Wy to attend funeral.

God, I love these crazy bitches.

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2023 7:49 PM

Mama, you’re crazy.

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2023 7:52 PM

Mom committed suicide and insulted her daughter as mentally ill. Logic, we ain't got none.

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2023 7:53 PM

"She's mentally ill"

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2023 7:54 PM

Lots of dazzling personality disorder implications in that 11-word note. For me, her calling Wynonna mentally ill rates even higher than the palpable fear of being upstaged at her own funeral.

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2023 7:54 PM

It's very sad that this was made public.

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2023 7:57 PM

DL, I feel we fell down of the job since the suicide. Why do we have endless threads on Harry and Meghan and only a scant few of this fun bunch?

Here’s a story on Ashley conspiring to keep Naomi’s $$ from Wy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2023 7:57 PM

They all had problems which stemmed from Naomi. Wy is and always was a rebel.

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2023 8:13 PM

For reasons that are well known to her.

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2023 8:14 PM

The matter of the will can be settled with discretion and equity for all involved.

by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2023 8:20 PM

A mother's work is never done.

by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2023 8:29 PM

The suicide Post-It is probably in Ashley’s handwriting.

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2023 8:31 PM

How does this stuff get leaked? Is money changing hands? Is it the husband's doing because Wynona is contesting the will? Why is it 'baffling' that Naomi leaves everything to her husband? Isn't this typical?

I need some answers!!!!

by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2023 8:32 PM

Back when they were touring together it was well known that they hated each other's guts. And the rumors about Wynonna being a raging bitch are legion.

by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2023 8:33 PM

I still want to know if it was in the mouth like was said or in the chest like she threatened.

Or was it the other way around?

That sheet looked odd, though. I mean, a half hour wait for the ambulance, and still lying "mortally wounded"? Small caliber in the temple? No visible gore, after all, just that nasty seepage-spread look.

by Anonymousreply 17January 17, 2023 8:41 PM

Lmao r14

by Anonymousreply 18January 17, 2023 8:41 PM

R14 a suicide post-it note! 😝

by Anonymousreply 19January 17, 2023 8:42 PM

These three cunts are the trashiest trash that ever trashed.

by Anonymousreply 20January 17, 2023 8:42 PM

I’ve looked. And looked. And I can’t find the actual Williamson County Sheriff’s Department report (s) that have been released. It’s annoying because I don’t want Radar’s edited, opinionated version.

by Anonymousreply 21January 17, 2023 9:01 PM

What a massive cunt. I can’t imagine being so cruel to your own child.

by Anonymousreply 22January 17, 2023 11:15 PM

She dumped you on a Post-It? I can empathize.

by Anonymousreply 23January 17, 2023 11:17 PM

Mama was a crazy ho and mean as a snake. She raised both her daughters to be just the same and so that's what they are behind closed doors. But people get a good look at them anyway from time to time and they are batshit and mean.

by Anonymousreply 24January 17, 2023 11:23 PM

Sounds like something my mother would do.

by Anonymousreply 25January 17, 2023 11:38 PM

[quote] I mean, a half hour wait for the ambulance, and still lying "mortally wounded"?

You have to be SURE before you raise alarms.

by Anonymousreply 26January 17, 2023 11:52 PM

Given that she's a suicide without understandable external pressures (like already dying of cancer) who had tried before, I think it's fair to say that Naomi was herself mentally ill.

Now, it may well be that Wynonna is also mentally ill, or that she's a raging bitch, or whatever. But I cannot take Naomi Judd's word for anything, especially since this was written right before she committed suicide.

by Anonymousreply 27January 17, 2023 11:55 PM

"I'm sorry. I can't. Don't let Wynonna into my funeral."

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2023 12:34 AM

By some old accounts I read (probably here) Wynonna is, indeed, a raging cunt and so is Ashley.

Leaving a fucking note that bans her daughter from her funeral and calling her mentally ill? Naomi was a bigger, more raging cunt than either of her daughters.

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2023 12:39 AM

So I read the book by Mary Ann Winkoski, the woman “Ghost Whisperer”the TV show was based on. She sees spirits, and she said the departed will ALWAYS show up at their own funeral, so I can understand the note!

A great read by the way, some of the stories are hysterical!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2023 12:53 AM

I always thought Mom was a prosti when her kids were small. When they were poor and moved to Hollywood. The mother seems to cover up a lot. Wy looked at the mother and could see right through her. The mother couldn’t lie to Wy.

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2023 12:54 AM

If she really wanted to get back at Winona, she should have written the note on a Jumbo Snickers Candy Bar wrapper.

by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2023 1:18 AM

R32 😂

by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2023 1:27 AM

Is Wynona legally allowed a mobility scooter? I’m getting Mobility Scooter Mama vibes.

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2023 1:29 AM

So all Wynonna's fake crying after the funeral was just a show, as usua

by Anonymousreply 35January 18, 2023 1:32 AM

R13 for the ages, really!

by Anonymousreply 36January 18, 2023 1:33 AM

I doubt that, r35, I'm sure it was genuine despite their difficulties.

I didn't actually like either of my parents (for reasons that are well known to them). I was still devastated and emotional when they died.

Feelings aren't faucets, you don't turn them on and off at will.

by Anonymousreply 37January 18, 2023 1:36 AM

Truly, is there anything more pathetic than a suicide message written on a Post-It note?

Did she stick it on the refrigerator before she offed herself?

by Anonymousreply 38January 18, 2023 1:39 AM

My mom and I are like Naomi and Wynonna. We love each other but sometimes we fight like a couple of mad hogs.

by Anonymousreply 39January 18, 2023 1:40 AM

^^And I’m a rebel in that I want to do what I want to without my mom’s control

by Anonymousreply 40January 18, 2023 1:43 AM

[quote] Why is it 'baffling' that Naomi leaves everything to her husband? Isn't this typical?

It's normal to leave everything to your husband if he's the father of your children. But if he's not, then it's normal to leave something to your children (from previous marriages).

by Anonymousreply 41January 18, 2023 1:48 AM

After watching the Judds docuseries, it was clear to me that Naomi was impossible to live with. I know the word "narcissist" is overused, but that's how she appeared, IMO. I felt sorry for the 2 daughters. She never understood that Wynonna was a bigger star and more talented than she was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 18, 2023 1:51 AM

Thanks for posting the link r42 ! Watching it now.

by Anonymousreply 43January 18, 2023 1:54 AM

Let me know what you think, R43.

by Anonymousreply 44January 18, 2023 1:56 AM

[quote]So I read the book by Mary Ann Winkoski, the woman “Ghost Whisperer”the TV show was based on. She sees spirits, and she said the departed will ALWAYS show up at their own funeral, so I can understand the note!

And you're taking the word of this woman... why??

by Anonymousreply 45January 18, 2023 1:56 AM

Naomi lied to Wy her whole life about who her father was. The mother was a real creep.

by Anonymousreply 46January 18, 2023 1:56 AM

I love the Judds' music and Wynonna's early solo stuff is even better. And Ashley's movies are enjoyable enough for the most part.

But those bitches be crazy. You can take the white trash hillbillies out of the hills and turn them into millionaires. But they'll never be anything more than white trash hillbillies deep down inside.

by Anonymousreply 47January 18, 2023 1:57 AM

Why would someone be banned from a funeral because they have an illness?

by Anonymousreply 48January 18, 2023 2:13 AM

R48 Don't be stupid

by Anonymousreply 49January 18, 2023 2:17 AM

My note will say the same thing except it’ll say do not let any DLers at my funeral.

I don’t want you bitches talking about what I’m wearing in my casket.

by Anonymousreply 50January 18, 2023 2:18 AM

She’s the one who blew her head off and she’s calling others mentally ill?!

Does that actually say Wynonna?

by Anonymousreply 51January 18, 2023 2:19 AM

She must have gotten into some fight with her right before she killed herself.

by Anonymousreply 52January 18, 2023 2:20 AM

R51 It says "Wy" which was her nickname.

by Anonymousreply 53January 18, 2023 2:23 AM

R49 Why is that stupid? My niece has a mental illness and I never ban her. What about AIDS? Cancer?

by Anonymousreply 54January 18, 2023 2:23 AM

Wooooooow. My mother would do something like this too, I actually created my DL handle as a “tip o’ the hat” to her.

by Anonymousreply 55January 18, 2023 2:30 AM

Are we sure this isn’t an old note found in the house?

by Anonymousreply 56January 18, 2023 2:32 AM

[quote]What about AIDS? Cancer?

AIDS and cancer ain’t gonna make your crazy ass kick over a casket.

by Anonymousreply 57January 18, 2023 2:32 AM

How did she kill herself? Shoot her self in the head?

by Anonymousreply 58January 18, 2023 2:33 AM

R56 We are

by Anonymousreply 59January 18, 2023 2:34 AM

In the head. Found it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 18, 2023 2:34 AM

R57 Most mentally ill people can attend a funeral without knocking over a casket. Is she that disruptive? I don’t know much about her.

by Anonymousreply 61January 18, 2023 2:41 AM

She killed herself just to fuck up her own daughter? Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 62January 18, 2023 2:44 AM

That’s hardcore.

by Anonymousreply 63January 18, 2023 2:47 AM

There were two separate mattresses r17, looks like a lot ran down in between them that you can't see.

Not that the photo should have ever been leaked. Who does that?

by Anonymousreply 64January 18, 2023 2:48 AM

R64 It would appear that radar online did it. Were you confused?

by Anonymousreply 65January 18, 2023 2:51 AM

Did she shoot herself while wearing a wig? I’m picturing her with a grown out buzz cut.

by Anonymousreply 66January 18, 2023 2:55 AM

bet this is fake.

by Anonymousreply 67January 18, 2023 3:01 AM

Her death, R67? I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 68January 18, 2023 3:02 AM

[quote]And the rumors about Wynonna being a raging bitch are legion.

R16, I don’t know about Wynonna, but Ashley has a reputation for being a she-devil.

by Anonymousreply 69January 18, 2023 3:03 AM

And I don't know about Wynonna Judd, Ashley Judd, and Naomi Judd, but Judd Hirsch has a reputation as a nasty and shameless hussy!

by Anonymousreply 70January 18, 2023 3:09 AM

[quote]it may well be that Wynonna is also mentally ill, or that she's a raging bitch, or whatever.

R27, this old blind item suggests all three of them have/had mental health issues.

AGC, March 2015:

[quote]This actress used to be A list. By some definitions she was probably A+ list. Off the top of my head I can think of four or five movies that she was the female lead or biggest lead. Top billed. A nice little run. No one liked working with her more than once. There were not a lot of crews or cast that signed up for a second shot with our actress. Even now that technically has two franchises she is in at the same time, her appearances with co-stars are very limited. She does promotional work on her own away from other cast. She usually alternates premieres and rarely travels to any premiere other than NYC. No overseas stuff for her. [bold]Mental illness runs in her family[/bold] and in her case it leads to a lot of paranoia. A lot of paranoia. An A list celebrity at the time boyfriend used to have to answer for his actions and whereabouts 24/7. Not just jealousy which is what you would think but paranoia that he was doing things and actions other than just cheating for which he had to account. Same thing with a celebrity husband. The thing about both of these men were they were gone for long periods of time or else there is no way this would work out well. She thinks people follow her all the time. She thinks everyone is out to harm her. She has employed a food tester during periods of her life for fear of poisoning. She protects her house not only with alarms and armed security patrols but also chants and salt patterns. She can be incredibly nice one second and the next second is screaming at you with spit flying out of her mouth. She can spend one minute throwing things at your head trying to kill you and the next trying to have sex with you. These are not isolated incidents. It is why she backed down from an expected challenge about 18 months ago. It was not even her enemies who threatened her with revealing these things to the public, but her one or two only friends because they thought it would do even more harm than good.

[quote]Actress: Ashley Judd, Franchises: "Dolphin Tales" and "Divergent,” A list celebrity boyfriend: Michael Bolton, Husband: Dario Franchitti, Challenge: Backed out of run for Senate

by Anonymousreply 71January 18, 2023 3:09 AM

Naomi had hepatitis C. You get that from shooting up drugs.

by Anonymousreply 72January 18, 2023 3:20 AM

Naomi got hep c from tainted blood from when she was a nurse.

Naomi had been with her husband for over 30 years. It’s no surprise he got everything.

by Anonymousreply 73January 18, 2023 3:24 AM

How much money are we talking about? Exactly how much money does a country duo get for a number one single on a country music chart? $50,000? They share that with the songwriters and producer and the record company. They don’t look like they were frugal, that hair and costumes, but I suppose those expenses are a write off and Judd wasn’t performing for years. I guess they had a good money manager and that’s another expense!

by Anonymousreply 74January 18, 2023 3:27 AM

Everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her Post-It.

by Anonymousreply 75January 18, 2023 3:27 AM

R74, news reports state that her net worth at the time of her death was around $25M. The Judds had 14 number one country singles, six top 5 country albums, and five Grammys. She also appeared in several TV shows and movies, and wrote a few books.

by Anonymousreply 76January 18, 2023 4:00 AM

Well, how many more dump trucks and bulldozers does Wynona need to keep herself occupied?

by Anonymousreply 77January 18, 2023 5:29 AM

Sometimes people who commit suicide can be incredibly cruel. Bill & Kevin were a couple in my friend group. Bill was around 39 and was a very handsome firefighter/emt. He also had borderline personality disorder.

On the night Bill hanged himself in the garage, he brother had just arrived for an annual visit. He two small children came to visit as well. They were around 7 and 10. Bill's mother was also staying with him at the time.

On that day, Bill texted his bf to tell him that he had just fucked some rando from Grindr. They ended up breaking up that day over that incident. So then just a few hours later during the night, Bill had a noose that the strung from the garage door track & killed himself.

The one saving grace is that those kids didn't wake up first to find his lifeless body. It was his mother who found his body in the garage the next morning.

Bill was a real piece of shit and I still have complicated feelings about him a decade later.

by Anonymousreply 78January 18, 2023 5:41 AM

R78 oh god that sounds exactly like my ex boyfriend who also had borderline personality disorder. He was cruel and let me know he had cheated on me and then overdosed. Guilt or insanity? Both?

by Anonymousreply 79January 18, 2023 5:46 AM

May I suggest using a blue post-it note instead of the everyday yellow to indicate the sense of importance and urgency?

by Anonymousreply 80January 18, 2023 5:54 AM

R79 The gay writer who wrote this article for Huffington Post a few years ago mentions one of his friends who also did a cruel suicide. His bf had broken up with him and to exact revenge the 32 year old decided to kill himself using helium. As he lay dying, he texted his ex to come over a few hours later. At that point, he would have def. been dead from the helium, so it wasn't a cry for help. The guy who killed himself wanted the ex to find the body and be racked with guilt.

And to be quite honest, I still despise Bill and how traumatized those kids would have been if they had found the body. From what I've read, people who are left in the wake of a suicide often have what's called "complicated grief".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 18, 2023 5:58 AM

R45, I’ve had my own experiences with spirits, and while I’m sure there are a LOT of scammers, Mary Ann Winkowski is the real deal. She talks a lot about certain ghosts and why they did what they did, They stick around because they need to tell the living where the hidden money is, or to seek closure. Some are very stubborn personalities she didn’t want to deal with.

She started seeing ghosts as a very young age, some of her job is a burden, and I find it hard to believe she or her parents would fake it.

I once had a friend die on me and he’d sent a very clear sign so I wouldn’t miss his funeral, I rushed to the graveside and made it the last 5 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 82January 18, 2023 8:25 AM

That blind item sounds like bullshit R71 especially this part: [quote] I can think of four or five movies that she was the female lead or biggest lead. Top billed. A nice little run. No one liked working with her more than once.

This can't be Ashley because she's worked with several of the same costars including Morgan Freeman who's always had nice things to say about her. I don't doubt mental illness runs in her family and she can be cunty, but I don't see an intelligent man like Morgan subjecting himself to that more than once. They are said to be good friends off screen as well.

by Anonymousreply 83January 18, 2023 9:39 AM

I feel sure that people right on the verge of suicide aren't thinking rationally. It would seem unlikely that, even in Naomi had contemplated suicide for months, that she thought she'd leave a post-it note. I'm guessing it was in some last, panicked, uncontrollable hour that she suddenly decided she better write that thought down real quick before pulling the trigger.

by Anonymousreply 84January 18, 2023 10:18 AM

I like how the explanation about the hepatitis was she got it during a transfusion when she was a nurse.. Those are two different things. Bringing nurse into it sounds like just another cover up of a secret drug addict. Many nurses get high. Why stated that she and her sister were left alone for 11-14 hour stretches with no food in the house. Drugs.

by Anonymousreply 85January 18, 2023 10:22 AM

Naomi got Hep C from eating ass and sucking dick (in her case, while turning tricks).

That's how you get it. Full stop.

by Anonymousreply 86January 18, 2023 10:31 AM

R86 If that's how she got it, then a lot of us better count our lucky stars, because we've done a lot of eating and sucking over the years.

by Anonymousreply 87January 18, 2023 10:34 AM

R86 My god, you're a dumbass.

Blocking your troll-ass because of that comment.

by Anonymousreply 88January 18, 2023 10:52 AM

I agree that in the wake of the Harkles and of course LMP, the Judds have received relatively little notice, which is too bad since they are a treasure trove of crazy.

I feel bad for Wy; yes, she's a hot mess, a terrible mother & probably completely mental, but she was never as attractive as classic beauties Naomi & Ashley, Naomi gaslighted her for years about her real father & even in her younger days, she had a tendency towards fatness. As I recall, there have been multiple stories over the years about her crazy antics, but also stories about her generosity. And I do think it's true that she really had the pipes and her mother knew she was nothing without Wy & resented her for it.

by Anonymousreply 89January 18, 2023 11:22 AM

Naomi thought she had looks which triumphed her daughter's talent and comparative youth.

Growing older must have been hell for someone so vain.

by Anonymousreply 90January 18, 2023 11:42 AM

How do you shoot yourself in the head and not leave a big mess? There isn't any blood on the headboard it seems. No blood other than on the sheets. I wonder if she covered her head with a pillow and shot through that. I would be so terrified of NOT killing myself and only maiming myself. She must have really felt around the outside of that pillow for the exact spot. It's tragic BUT can you imagine the comedy of someone walking in seeing her blindly feeling around the outside of the pillow to pin point the exact spot where her temple is located? That's not easy and would take a real dedication to your own death.

by Anonymousreply 91January 18, 2023 12:15 PM

"for reasons that are well known to her"

by Anonymousreply 92January 18, 2023 12:22 PM

I feel bad for the family. Imagine the hell Naomi put them through for years. Her death must have been a relief.

by Anonymousreply 93January 18, 2023 12:55 PM

Here is a recent interview with Wynonna. It's from Bob Lefsetz's podcast and it's a good 90 minutes. She mentions how little they spent per acre for their compound and what it's worth now. I would say their "worth" is tied up in land as much as any music career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94January 18, 2023 1:02 PM

Sad Last Days news posted today.

I've been fascinated by these lunatics for years. but, then, I'm a sucker for mother-daughter drama and these broads are the masters of this oeuvre.

They have never met a family secret they didn't want to spill, so strongly suspect one or both are writing books now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 18, 2023 1:48 PM

Authoritarian uneducated abusive family fully participating in all of the negative aspects of their demographic. External locus of control (superstition, psychology gurus, non effective treatments). Living in a Petito style bus arrangement for years as a way to make money and kids were trapped with the crazy. Getting surrounded by yes people which morphed into a Britney like identified patient scenario, but nobody was able to put their foot down (authoritarian fake respect for elders,cultural). Winona said in the linked interview that she saw her mom get hundreds of acres and she had to get the property next door (codependency, hostile dependency,) and Naomi brags about her kid living 60 seconds away. Just one big huge recipe for disaster. It appears they were leaking to the press on each other and waiting for the sword to drop so to speak. Attorneys taking advantage.

by Anonymousreply 96January 18, 2023 1:53 PM

Christina and Diana?:

"In1979 the family moved to Nashville, Tennessee, so Naomi and Christina could pursue musical careers. There her mother legally changed her name from Diana to Naomi, and Christina adopted the stage name "Wynonna".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 18, 2023 1:54 PM

Interesting new details in link at R95!

Larry was in Europe and Naomi wrote she wasn't happy about that before she killed herself. So, nice guilt-trip to Larry on her way out.

Naomi threatened to shoot anyone who tried to take her guns.

Annnnnd.....Ashley told Naomi's assistant NOT to contact Larry while Naomi was dying.

by Anonymousreply 98January 18, 2023 2:35 PM

^I'll bet the posters who indicate that books in the works are right. Moreover, it seems interesting that Larry was in Europe when it happened. I'm guessing she probably threatened to kill herself on a regular basis, he was sick of dealing with her & got out of Dodge, not realizing that this time she'd really do it. Meanwhile, back at the range, Wy & Ashley are double pissed because they blame him & he gets things they feel are rightfully theirs.

Crazy times indeed!

by Anonymousreply 99January 18, 2023 2:42 PM

Can't wait for the movie. Sally Field IS Naomi Judd.

by Anonymousreply 100January 18, 2023 2:42 PM

What's the story on the husband? Did he have some sort of career or was taking care of Naomi his job? Naomi must have been exhausting to live with between the depression, suicidal ideation, and inability to be alone.

by Anonymousreply 101January 18, 2023 2:50 PM

They’re all fucking nuts

by Anonymousreply 102January 18, 2023 2:52 PM

Like the Presleys: hillbillies who won the lottery.

by Anonymousreply 103January 18, 2023 2:59 PM

I read / listened to Naomi's book, River of Life. Larry was pretty much a saint. Most men would have deserted Naomi decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 104January 18, 2023 3:07 PM

[quote]I read / listened to Naomi's book, River of Life. Larry was pretty much a saint. Most men would have deserted Naomi decades ago.

Yeah, the "singer" was going to run from the gravy train.

Saintliness had little to do with his staying.

by Anonymousreply 105January 18, 2023 3:40 PM

I'm pretty sure that Morgan Freeman is of the stature that Ashley would never behave like a cunt to or in front of him.

by Anonymousreply 106January 18, 2023 3:49 PM

I can’t stop thinking about this note. This mother was a real piece of work. It is just so shocking.

I had a friend who offed himself. He was accused of molesting a student, then left a note confessing that it was true. So his note was not vindictive, it was more like the pain of telling people that he had actually done it and wasn’t who we thought he was, that he had lived a lie. So that was horrific enough. But to have someone write something so filled with hate and vindictive????? Knowing that those will be the last words you leave her with? I just can’t get over it. It is the most spiteful thing I have ever read. I guess I never thought about this even happening, I didn’t think about how someone could say “fuck you” to their kids before blowing their brains out. She should have never had children.

by Anonymousreply 107January 18, 2023 4:11 PM

Morgan Freeman fucked and wanted to marry his granddaughter. I wouldn't hold him up to too high of a standard.

by Anonymousreply 108January 18, 2023 4:11 PM

The DL thread on Mercedes McCambridge mentioned that her only child, a son, had committed suicide. According to wikipedia, the full story is very sad. He was a stock broker; he set up an account under his mother's name, and used it to steal money. When he got caught, his mother refused to cover for him. Then, he killed himself, his wife, and his kids, and left his mother a vicious suicide note, which included the following quote:

"Initially you said, 'well, we can work it out' but NO, you refused… You called me a liar, a cheat, a criminal, a bum. You said I have ruined your life… You were never around much when I needed you, so now I and my whole family are dead—so you can have the money… 'Night, Mother."

by Anonymousreply 109January 18, 2023 5:46 PM

R109 Wow, that is freaking brutal

by Anonymousreply 110January 18, 2023 5:49 PM

R109 holy crap! Honestly, why do people have children?

by Anonymousreply 111January 18, 2023 5:52 PM

Criticizing your mother's parenting when you're about to murder your own children is a bit much.

by Anonymousreply 112January 18, 2023 6:15 PM

I suppose given their contentious relationship, Naomi throwing in a final fuck you to Wy while probably not even mentioning Ashley is very on brand.

My step-siblings are kind of like this: they'd rather burn everything to the ground rather than concede an inch to one another. As awful as all of this is, I'll bet these three have been pulling this kind of shit with each other for their entire lives. Though now Wy & Ashley have a common enemy: Larry. Watch your back, Larry!

by Anonymousreply 113January 18, 2023 7:21 PM

You are missing a key detail from the Mercedes McCambridge story, she was a drunk and an actor. In other words, she was unable to mother her son.

by Anonymousreply 114January 18, 2023 7:34 PM

Ashley seemed like she was stuck in the middle, between Wy and Naomi. She knew the secret about Wy's paternity before Wy did. I give Ashley credit for somehow being on OK terms with both Wy and Naomi.

Post-death (Naomi), Ashley and Larry (Naomi's husband) seemed to be on very good terms. I wouldn't be 100% sure that Ashley will align herself with Wy. Larry might give Ashley some of Naomi's estate, who knows.

by Anonymousreply 115January 18, 2023 7:42 PM

Ashley knows her sister is a cunt. Ashley is tough she can handle her family.

by Anonymousreply 116January 18, 2023 7:51 PM

I just did some reading on Wikipedia, and I'm a little surprised that neither of the women did any songwriting. Well, Naomi maybe wrote 3 songs. Wynonna's always seen holding a guitar, but she wasn't credited with any of the guitar work on their albums. Was it all a marketing creation based on a young woman's powerful voice and her prettier, more feminine mother to balance her out?

Without songwriting credits, they're not making money off royalties. So then all their money came from touring, and they would have made an equal amount then? Naomi was in her late 30s when they got famous, so perhaps she invested wisely. Wynonna was in her very early 20s; she probably spent that money quickly!

by Anonymousreply 117January 18, 2023 8:17 PM

[quote] You are missing a key detail from the Mercedes McCambridge story, she was a drunk and an actor. In other words, she was unable to mother her son.

She never heard of multi-tasking?

by Anonymousreply 118January 18, 2023 8:23 PM

R50, you may as well let us attend, because we’ll be talking about and trashing you anyway.

by Anonymousreply 119January 18, 2023 8:25 PM

Naomi wrote this song: "That Was Yesterday." It's a really good song, very bluesy and soulful. Surprising, actually.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120January 18, 2023 8:34 PM

Without Naomi around, Ashley won't have to interact with Wynonna if she doesn't want to.

Ashley is interesting. She went to college in her 30s. Then, in her early 40s, she earned a Masters degree from Harvard. Then, she enrolled in a PhD program in public policy.

She's an antinatalist; she decided not to have children because of the state of the world. She's been involved in politics and many charities.

by Anonymousreply 121January 18, 2023 8:36 PM

I like Ashley i dont know why. She doesn't come off like a particularity warm person but I'm rooting for her.

by Anonymousreply 122January 18, 2023 8:39 PM

Wynonna really does have a powerful voice. It's a shame her recording output is relatively sparse. I don't know if it's laziness or mental illness that got in the way.

by Anonymousreply 123January 18, 2023 8:54 PM

I think it was her tits - she couldn't get close enough to the microphone.

by Anonymousreply 124January 18, 2023 9:12 PM

At the time, I thought Wynonna making this gesture was harsh, but I am beginning to see it in a new light.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125January 18, 2023 9:25 PM

R125, what gesture? The one with her index finger in a wave motion? What does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 126January 18, 2023 9:38 PM

Someone is crazy, R126.

by Anonymousreply 127January 18, 2023 9:43 PM

R124, now that's comedic timing. Thank you. I haven't laughed so hard in a while.

by Anonymousreply 128January 18, 2023 9:43 PM

In the made for TV movie from the 90s about the Judds Naomi only became part of the act because in the studio wynon was too nervous to sing on her own so her mom harmonized to help her get over that I always took that to be true but now I wonder.

by Anonymousreply 129January 18, 2023 9:50 PM

I think Naomi was less talented (singing), but without Naomi's drive, Wynonna would not have become a star. Even though Naomi was less talented, there is something very pleasant about family (siblings) voices in harmony, like the Beach Boys.

by Anonymousreply 130January 18, 2023 9:53 PM

[quote]'Night, Mother.

How very Marsha Norman, r109!

by Anonymousreply 131January 18, 2023 9:57 PM

Ashley stated college when she was 18. I think she was one class short of graduation, but finished a class through correspondence years later and got her degree.

by Anonymousreply 132January 18, 2023 10:09 PM

I've been following their crazy asses since they debuted. Ashley is the only one who seems to have her life somewhat together. She's actually quite a good actress when given the opportunity to be in a good movie. But even she has a lot of issues. Didn't she check herself into the same long-term mental hospital when Wynonna was in the same one?

Wynonna has had a truly messy life. I think one husband was a child molester? And her daughter is in jail? And didn't a nanny accuse Wy and her first husband on sexual advances? And she put a tracking device on her sister's car after Ashley tried to get custody of Wy's kids? Plus, I think she's broke.

And Naomi shot herself in the head and wrote a suicide note banning her daughter from her funeral on a post-it one day before being inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame.

Gotta love this family!

Really rooting for Ashley and Wy penning competing books about Naomi.

by Anonymousreply 133January 18, 2023 10:10 PM

It's gonna make one hell of a Broadway musical!

by Anonymousreply 134January 18, 2023 11:04 PM

Sorta like Louise and June...

by Anonymousreply 135January 18, 2023 11:05 PM

More like 'Night Daughter."

by Anonymousreply 136January 18, 2023 11:09 PM

I wish Ashley would write a Prince Harry-type book about her family.

Instant DL classic.

by Anonymousreply 137January 18, 2023 11:19 PM

Now I understand why Ashley has a reputation for being quite mean .

by Anonymousreply 138January 18, 2023 11:35 PM

Morgan has denied those sick rumors R108. Don't believe everything you hear.

by Anonymousreply 139January 19, 2023 12:00 AM

I'm fond of Wy and Ashley for whatever reason and wish them well. It would be heartwarming if they found a way to get along.

by Anonymousreply 140January 19, 2023 12:25 AM

Reading about this family sparks an intense curiosity in me to know more because you know there is so much more.

by Anonymousreply 141January 19, 2023 12:49 AM

R141 exactly.

by Anonymousreply 142January 19, 2023 12:54 AM

[quote] These three cunts are the trashiest trash that ever trashed.

Ooo-wee! Let me introduce you to Lara Trump, Kimberly Guilfoyle and Melania Trump.

You'll change your mind, my friend.

by Anonymousreply 143January 19, 2023 1:01 AM

[R30] She has six books on her site. Which book did you read that you recommend ? I'm very interested !

Thanks !

by Anonymousreply 144January 19, 2023 1:33 AM

Medium

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145January 19, 2023 1:38 AM

What the Juddsch need now, isch love! Schweet love!

by Anonymousreply 146January 19, 2023 1:54 AM

This is THE juiciest celebrity story we’ve had in quite some time, eh?

by Anonymousreply 147January 19, 2023 1:57 AM

Really thoughtful of then to share the photo of her bed.

by Anonymousreply 148January 19, 2023 1:59 AM

They were hired to be singers. A mother daughter team that would feed the country crowd with their secrets heavy soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 149January 19, 2023 2:06 AM

Here is a YouTube vid from a month ago of Wy talking about getting through the holidays with grief. Her mother’s husband brought”a friend” to the thanksgiving she made! Beyond that, Wy looks good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150January 19, 2023 3:04 AM

[quote] She’s dead. Go to the funeral if you want. Piss on her grave if you want. Scatter her ashes in a trailer park if you want.

Oh my

by Anonymousreply 151January 19, 2023 3:15 AM

the hubby is sleazy. Mama didn't get a good value for her money in him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152January 19, 2023 3:17 AM

[quote] If she really wanted to get back at Winona, she should have written the note on a Jumbo Snickers Candy Bar wrapper.

Oh that’s mean, I mean really mean, but absolutely divine.

by Anonymousreply 153January 19, 2023 3:25 AM

I loved my skeeter!

by Anonymousreply 154January 19, 2023 3:30 AM

What struck me most when looking at the death scene photo is the alarm clock on the bedside table

by Anonymousreply 155January 19, 2023 3:38 AM

[quote] Saintliness had little to do with his staying.

Smell Miss r105 why don’t you — so knowledgeable about his motives.

by Anonymousreply 156January 19, 2023 3:50 AM

[quote]about family (siblings) voices in harmony, like the Beach Boys.

Or The Roches

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157January 19, 2023 4:10 AM

That was an angry suicide

by Anonymousreply 158January 19, 2023 5:05 AM

r139 they're pretty gross, I'd deny them too. That doesn't mean they are not true.

by Anonymousreply 159January 19, 2023 6:09 AM

[quote] I think it was her tits - she couldn't get close enough to the microphone.

Good observation, I hadn’t thought of that, but I think you’re onto something here. Big tits can be a two edged sword.

by Anonymousreply 160January 19, 2023 10:36 AM

It never hurt Dolly Parton

by Anonymousreply 161January 19, 2023 10:38 AM

R159 That doesn't mean it IS true either. That's the thing about a rumor you can't really prove it unless you were there.

by Anonymousreply 162January 19, 2023 10:39 AM

r162 do you know where you are?

by Anonymousreply 163January 19, 2023 10:44 AM

R163 Do you? "Pointless Bitchery" get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 164January 19, 2023 10:47 AM

Girls, girls

by Anonymousreply 165January 19, 2023 11:23 AM

Naomi was afeared that Wynonna would be snacking on Frito-Lays during the service.

by Anonymousreply 166January 19, 2023 11:35 AM

R162, 80% of this thread is rumors of "she-said, she-said, I heard, they heard." But we enjoy commenting on the rumors as if they are true. And there are many people who came out and said they knew that at a certain point Morgan Freeman had a sexual relationship with is adopted granddaughter, including her at one point.

by Anonymousreply 167January 19, 2023 11:54 AM

She never said that R167. The man who stabbed her to death brought up Morgan in his defense trial, probably for sensationalism with no proof whatsoever and he was still convicted. Show me a quote where the girl said directly "Morgan Freeman molested me" you wont find one because it doesn’t exist. You cant prove a rumor that's why its a rumor.

by Anonymousreply 168January 19, 2023 1:28 PM

What are you trying to say R168? That it is not true? Something you can't prove either. And the fact that the National Enquirer and the NYPost picked up the story means it is a rumor with some very strong legs to make it into national print. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire. And the rumor itself was said to have been started by the granddaughter herself.

[quote]“E’Dena Hines disclosed to Lamar Davenport and others that her grandfather engaged in a sexually inappropriate relationship with her,”

So yes, if I were Morgan Freeman and you didn't actually have photos of me fucking my adopted granddaughter, I would deny them too. Since she is dead and he is denying it, the truth will never ultimately be known. But given the complete randomness of it, and the fact that the idea of a possible marriage came up, makes believe they were probably fucking. And the fact that she fell in line with is talking points means she probably got set up lovely financially by him.

by Anonymousreply 169January 19, 2023 2:01 PM

I watched the video above and find Wynona likeable, like someone to chat with over coffee. I hope she finds peace and happiness. It looks like she has anxiety. I'll bet her mom kept her on edge all the time.

by Anonymousreply 170January 19, 2023 2:34 PM

Please stop making this about Morgan Freeman.

by Anonymousreply 171January 19, 2023 2:37 PM

Don't let Morgan Freeman invade my Datalounge thread. He is mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 172January 19, 2023 2:44 PM

Stay on topic ladies!

by Anonymousreply 173January 19, 2023 2:50 PM

The final act will be a bang R134.

by Anonymousreply 174January 19, 2023 3:05 PM

[quote] Show me a quote where the girl said directly "Morgan Freeman molested me"

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 175January 19, 2023 3:48 PM

[quote]And the fact that the National Enquirer and the NYPost picked up the story means it is a rumor with some very strong legs to make it into national print.

Sure, Jan @ r169

by Anonymousreply 176January 19, 2023 5:21 PM

Dollars to donuts, I bet you R176's mom's name is Karen.

by Anonymousreply 177January 19, 2023 5:45 PM

Does anyone know if their reality show is available to stream anywhere? I've seen bits of it on YouTube and want to know more.

It seems like Wy resents Ashley because she had to look out for her when they were growing up, and Ashley was more protected during their childhood. It's not like any of that is Ashley's fault, though.

by Anonymousreply 178January 19, 2023 6:10 PM

Is Larry looking for a house sitter? I would love to hang out with these sisters.

by Anonymousreply 179January 19, 2023 6:20 PM

R178 it's on YouTube. here's first episode. I like to get stoned and watch it once a year. It's hilarious! at least when stoned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180January 19, 2023 6:22 PM

Are you all from Tennessee?

by Anonymousreply 181January 19, 2023 7:30 PM

I remember when they first became famous they were on a talk show (Oprah?) and Naomi told how Wynonna hit dishes under the bed and snuck food. I was embarrassed for Wynonna and thought that was nasty for Naomi to air that dirty laundry.

by Anonymousreply 182January 19, 2023 7:39 PM

HID dishes

by Anonymousreply 183January 19, 2023 7:40 PM

^ She did all of that but couldn't tell Wy who her real father was. Very strange woman she was.

by Anonymousreply 184January 19, 2023 8:10 PM

Wynonna’s real father might’ve been Elvis.

by Anonymousreply 185January 19, 2023 8:21 PM

[quote] I've seen bits of it on YouTube

I've seen bits of it on the bed now.

by Anonymousreply 186January 19, 2023 9:28 PM

Wynnona says she's going to sue for ownership of Graceland!

by Anonymousreply 187January 19, 2023 9:35 PM

Did wynonna go?

by Anonymousreply 188January 19, 2023 9:37 PM

Hiding dirty dishes and sneak eating indicates unresolved trauma.

Mom will talk about how weird her kids are but won't discuss the unresolved trauma.

by Anonymousreply 189January 19, 2023 10:14 PM

She seems to get off in shaming Wy.

by Anonymousreply 190January 19, 2023 10:23 PM

*on.

by Anonymousreply 191January 19, 2023 10:23 PM

I don't care if she's a bitch or not, Ashley Judd certainly didn't have it easy the day her mother killed herself. I wouldn't wish that kind of trauma on anyone.

by Anonymousreply 192January 19, 2023 10:26 PM

A dysfunctional family implodes. No real surprise.

by Anonymousreply 193January 19, 2023 10:52 PM

I'm guessing food is Wy's drug of choice. I'm guessing that when Wy was a teenager, Naomi tried to micromanage Wy's weight. Hence, sneaking food.

by Anonymousreply 194January 19, 2023 11:30 PM

[quote]R51 Does that actually say Wynonna?

[quote]r53 It says "Wy" which was her nickname.

Would that stand up in court ? ! ?

by Anonymousreply 195January 20, 2023 12:32 AM

R195 You seem retarded

by Anonymousreply 196January 20, 2023 1:11 AM

[quote]R122 I like Ashley, i dont know why. She doesn't come off like a particularity warm person but I'm rooting for her.

Her face is very likable. She’s a pretty girl and has some dignity.

The sister and mom always came across like stereotypical, deep fried trash and I never sought out their music.

by Anonymousreply 197January 20, 2023 1:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198January 20, 2023 1:21 AM

R198 ok ?

by Anonymousreply 199January 20, 2023 1:27 AM

Ashley responded ( through lawyers) to this article. It’s on her Instagram . Im tired tonight . You look

by Anonymousreply 200January 20, 2023 2:05 AM

Also, a weary Susan Dey is rumoured to have posted, “This is a shock; it was the elf and not the Elvis impersonator.”

by Anonymousreply 201January 20, 2023 3:40 AM

A statement has been made.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202January 20, 2023 10:04 AM

She would probably feel differently if the money had gone in her bank account.

by Anonymousreply 203January 20, 2023 4:10 PM

[quote] She would probably feel differently if the money had gone in her bank account.

Unless she injured her hands, she’d probably feel the same.

by Anonymousreply 204January 20, 2023 4:15 PM

R202 - that's an appropriate statement.

It's gotta be horrifying for the Judds girls to have this stuff leak in the press. Especially the bloody bed scenes. And not right that the press can get their hands on this stuff.

The post-it suicide note is hilarious, though.

by Anonymousreply 205January 20, 2023 4:55 PM

Wy’s soap opera lifestyle keeps them current always. Wouldn’t be surprised the pic was released purposefully.

by Anonymousreply 206January 20, 2023 5:43 PM

Did Naomi refrain from attending funerals throughout her life because she was mentally ill? Seems cold-hearted toward people with mental illness - those she supposedly wanted to help by writing her books - to put a stigma on the condition via a written note on your way out.

by Anonymousreply 207January 21, 2023 1:26 AM

R207 I have a feeling she didn't write the note under rational thought - according to Ashley, she was manic and rambling incoherently earlier. I'm guessing the post-it note was a last-minute decision.

by Anonymousreply 208January 21, 2023 1:41 AM

That's a good point, R208. I shouldn't have been so hard on Naomi. Logic isn't necessarily at play at a horrible moment like that.

by Anonymousreply 209January 21, 2023 1:48 AM

I want a song out of that post-it.

by Anonymousreply 210January 21, 2023 3:06 AM

Do people normally get suicidal while manic ?

by Anonymousreply 211January 21, 2023 5:28 AM

[quote]I'm guessing food is Wy's drug of choice. I'm guessing that when Wy was a teenager, Naomi tried to micromanage Wy's weight. Hence, sneaking food.

I think Wynonna was sexually abused, by one of the freaky guys that Naomi had around all the time when they lived in California.

by Anonymousreply 212January 21, 2023 6:33 AM

[quote]I remember when they first became famous they were on a talk show (Oprah?) and Naomi told how Wynonna hit dishes under the bed and snuck food. I was embarrassed for Wynonna and thought that was nasty for Naomi to air that dirty laundry.

There's a certain type of mother that loves to embarrass her kid(s) in front of other people. They tell dumb, embarrassing or hurtful things when other people are around.

What is that? What's the pathology of that and what's it called when someone does that?

My mother used to love to embarrass me in front of my friends.

by Anonymousreply 213January 21, 2023 6:45 AM

R152, the pic is strange. It looks like a couple posing

by Anonymousreply 214January 21, 2023 9:57 AM

It’s to knock that child down a few pegs. It’s bully behavior. That parent is jealous. That parent would like to end friendship or any fellowship that child is getting, r213

by Anonymousreply 215January 21, 2023 10:41 AM

I was out walking on a arrow paved trail and was behind a mother and daughter (late 20s). They were giggling and teasing but then the crazy mom turned on her daughter and made some personal insults. When she noticed I was behind she raised her voice and let the daughter have it in front of me to add to the humiliation. I passed and gave the daughter a quick look of sympathy but ouch! What a cuntish move. My uncle used to do similar to his son in the presence of attractive women. Insecurity.

Anyway back to the Judds. 2 questions.

1. Had Wynona publicly mentioned the note or her mother asking her not to be at the funeral? I know she’s been doing talk show rounds.

2. When Wynona says that she and Ashley have nothing at all in common and agree on nothing what does she mean? Don’t they live next door in Tennessee all the time or am I missing some big divide between them (I’m sure I am).

by Anonymousreply 216January 21, 2023 11:18 AM

Ashley, somewhere, right now, probably holed up with Ezra

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217January 21, 2023 11:23 AM

r213 IKR baby pictures are worse than wire hangers.

by Anonymousreply 218January 21, 2023 11:27 AM

If only I had had a Post It Note.

by Anonymousreply 219January 21, 2023 5:18 PM

[quote]what's it called when someone does that?

Cunting.

by Anonymousreply 220January 21, 2023 5:31 PM

[quote] When Wynona says that she and Ashley have nothing at all in common and agree on nothing what does she mean? Don’t they live next door in Tennessee all the time or am I missing some big divide between them (I’m sure I am).

R216, where did you get this from? Where in the article at OP does Wy say this?

by Anonymousreply 221January 21, 2023 6:21 PM

R221 She says it here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222January 22, 2023 1:32 PM

Wy is such a drama king. "When I became an orphan..." What an odd thing for an adult to say.

by Anonymousreply 223January 22, 2023 1:35 PM

The Bush daughter has so little to contribute

by Anonymousreply 224January 22, 2023 1:39 PM

Wy seems crazy. Looks crazy. Looking off to the side a lot. Hair crimped from hell. A fifty something woman who loses a mother is not an orphan.

Hoda and Vocal-fry Bush are just empty. Dead inside.

by Anonymousreply 225January 22, 2023 8:43 PM

I watched the first episode of their docuseries and it was really sad, especially knowing how everything turned out.

by Anonymousreply 226January 22, 2023 8:47 PM

R225 suicide is an unnatural death, violent and premature after a lifetime conflicting emotions with a difficult parent

by Anonymousreply 227January 22, 2023 8:54 PM

R277 Yes, we are all well aware of that.

by Anonymousreply 228January 22, 2023 9:01 PM

Right R227. Still doesn’t make her an orphan. An orphan is a child whose parents are dead.

She’s making a tragedy sound even more tragic by likening herself to a child. Which is tasteless .

by Anonymousreply 229January 22, 2023 9:22 PM

R222, I think Wy is just stating the truth: that she and Ashley have very little in common. Two siblings can grow up in the same household and have two completely different experiences. And turn out completely different. Naomi and Ashley got along well, whereas Naomi and Wy fought. Ashley was the "good girl," I think.

Wy's current husband is also her manager. Wy says she has learned to forgive; she's saying that she's been wronged and she probably has. At the same time, Wy can never stop the drama.

Daytime TV is so pathetic. I agree that Jenna Bush doesn't add much to the mix, at least in that interview. Hoda's not so incisive, either.

by Anonymousreply 230January 22, 2023 10:37 PM

Whats tasteless R229 is you butting your nose in someone else's family and trying to tell them how to feel. And the definition of orphan has expanded according to internet:

Are you an orphan if you are over 18?

While the textbook definition of an orphan is a child who has lost both parents, adults can be considered orphans too. The word orphan has expanded broadly over time, so it can be used to describe anyone who has lost their biological parents.

by Anonymousreply 231January 22, 2023 11:26 PM

R231 Seriously, only a big drama whore like Wy would use the word "orphan" and she'll use it 100 times in the next 100 interviews because she thinks it makes her sound more pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 232January 22, 2023 11:31 PM

It could’ve been worse. She could’ve said, teary-eyed, “I’m nobody’s little girl anymore.”

by Anonymousreply 233January 22, 2023 11:50 PM

After watching R222 video I feel really bad about calling Wynonna a cunt earlier in the thread. She doesn't come off that way at all in the video, but instead calm and even a little shy. I can relate when she talked about being an introvert. Maybe Ashley is the problem after all.

by Anonymousreply 234January 23, 2023 12:14 AM

R234 She's not

by Anonymousreply 235January 23, 2023 12:19 AM

^ Hi Ashley, I'm sorry for your loss.

by Anonymousreply 236January 23, 2023 12:44 AM

I was working on Hollywood Squares- it was November 2002 for air in January. Naomi was a guest panelist that week along with Dame Edna.

I'll NEVER forget his entrance to CBS Television City that morning. He was Barry Humphries, he STRODE in. EVERY INCH an English gentleman. Long black overcoat, bowler hat, long flowing scarf- he is around 6'5, so he cut imposing figure, and he had a long, silver plated walking stick. Followed in by his entourage- guys with hair, makeup, and wardrobe bags.

They start taping. Naomi ignored the joke answers they gave her to respond with. She started making crude, unfunny quips about Dame Edna having cut off "its" penis. The audience didn't react well to her, but she was quite tone deaf, so she kept it up, full bore.

Dame Edna's shtick was she was an eccentric, loony old bat. Not that she was a man in drag. So Barry really had no idea how to react to Naiomi's nasty jabs. Really uncomfortable to watch.

At the break between shows, the producers had a word with her, which led to a threat to leave early. It was a Saturday, so there was no one they could get on short notice. Henry Winkler was producer at the time, so it was decided he would do the final two shows in her place.

After some phone calls with her manager, Naomi relented. But for the last two shows, she refused to do any banter at all, didn't read the joke answers, ect

Trust me when I tell you, and I've been around, this woman was a MAJOR league C U N T. Maybe the worst person I ever worked with.

by Anonymousreply 237January 23, 2023 1:39 AM

R237 I totally believe you. You're experience mirrors others I know who met her. She was an awful person killing herself to spite her daughters. That's a whole other level of cuntiness that even death can't erase.

by Anonymousreply 238January 23, 2023 1:44 AM

Whoops! I meant "Your experience" sorry!

by Anonymousreply 239January 23, 2023 1:45 AM

Good story, R237. I didn't know Henry Winkler produced H'wood Squares.

If Wynonna is, indeed, a lesbian, it makes sense that she's closeted ... with a mother like that. My God, Naomi sounded horrible.

by Anonymousreply 240January 23, 2023 1:52 AM

Naomi had a lesbian assistant.

by Anonymousreply 241January 23, 2023 1:55 AM

R231 No. An orphan is a child (not a childish adult like you) whose parents have died. “The internet” is not correct if it is stating otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 242January 23, 2023 2:20 AM

I remember Naomi being on Bill Maher's Politically Incorrect back in the 90's. She came across as believing she had important book knowledge to convey to the panel and audience. She was long-winded and was politely tolerated like an aunt telling stories at a family gathering.

In the video at R222, Wynonna seems to have matured a little, but I still detect the pop psychology/self-help stream-of-consciousness rambling she used to do while a guest on Larry King Live back in the day would be happening if there was more air time. It's just waiting to come out, I can tell. And, her articulation/accent sounds a lot more like her mom than it used to.

by Anonymousreply 243January 23, 2023 3:31 AM

R242 Bitch what??? Once again trying to tell people how to fuckin feel? And projecting like a big screen. That's fucking childish. I'm in a really bad mood actually. I wouldn't fuck with me right now. I'll hurt your feelings so badly you'll want to be where Naomi Judd is. Kindly Fuck off. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 244January 23, 2023 4:42 AM

Take yor meds, toots r144!

🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 245January 23, 2023 4:53 AM

R245 Wrong number dumb Bitch. Please try again. Beep.

by Anonymousreply 246January 23, 2023 4:58 AM

R244...

Hurt me on an anon message board...

And take your meds...

😘

by Anonymousreply 247January 23, 2023 5:01 AM

After you suck my dick bottom bitch R247🖕

by Anonymousreply 248January 23, 2023 5:03 AM

Girls, Girls! You’re BOTH dick sucking bottom bitches!

by Anonymousreply 249January 23, 2023 5:44 AM

I'm not R242, but seriously R244 you might need help.

by Anonymousreply 250January 23, 2023 10:03 AM

Nobody needs R250. Fuck off 🖕

by Anonymousreply 251January 23, 2023 10:31 AM

Not without my firearm, r100.

by Anonymousreply 252January 23, 2023 10:43 AM

I'll take Naomi Judd to block please.

by Anonymousreply 253January 23, 2023 3:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254January 23, 2023 4:35 PM

R253,

Circle gets the square!

by Anonymousreply 255January 23, 2023 6:42 PM

R254 Wow she was a misfit on that show

by Anonymousreply 256January 23, 2023 8:27 PM

R254 Just to clarify, many of those clips (mostly the ones of game play) were from the first time she was on Hollywood Squares, when Whoopi was still there. I was talking about later, after Whoopi left, when she came on again.

That was a surreal week, seeing Coolio, Phyllis Diller, and Donnie Osmond in a conversation circle.

by Anonymousreply 257January 24, 2023 5:16 AM

Any updates?

by Anonymousreply 258January 28, 2023 1:43 PM

Naomi's still dead.

by Anonymousreply 259January 28, 2023 1:48 PM

I think Naomi was embarrassed that Wynonna got so heavy.

by Anonymousreply 260January 28, 2023 1:55 PM

R260 Definitely- we all were

by Anonymousreply 261January 28, 2023 2:13 PM

[quote]Wy seems crazy. Looks crazy. Looking off to the side a lot. Hair crimped from hell. A fifty something woman who loses a mother is not an orphan.

She did seem crazy & a gold star drama queen. Hoda & Little Bush had nothing, but on the other hand, anyone person listening to that psycho babble would think "what the fuck?" and respond to her with a kind of gentle patience that you would to some old lady at the nursing home.

Aside from the weird & inappropriate "orphan" statement, I can see why her kids are such a mess because everything is all about HER & HER JOURNEY!!

by Anonymousreply 262January 28, 2023 2:14 PM

Ashley is only a tiny bit more put together than Wy because Ashley is physically attractive and her life has been easier for it.

If she had Wy's body she'd be a huge mess too....and I'll never forget David Spade referring to Ashley as "dictionary mouth". She really is an arrogant pretentious twit.

by Anonymousreply 263January 28, 2023 2:53 PM

I heard Wy has signed on to play Anita Bryant.

by Anonymousreply 264January 28, 2023 2:58 PM

How the hell did the Kardashians happen instead of The Judds? They're like two overly made up pit vipers in red wigs, and BEYOND entertaining.

Ted better have been included in that will.

by Anonymousreply 265January 28, 2023 4:54 PM

[quote]She’s a pretty girl and has some dignity.

Ashley JUDD has DIGNITY? Oh, my sides!

by Anonymousreply 266January 30, 2023 3:06 PM

[quote] I think Naomi was embarrassed that Wynonna got so heavy.

That's why she shot herself.

by Anonymousreply 267January 30, 2023 3:15 PM

[quote]R266 Ashley JUDD has DIGNITY? Oh, my sides!

I’m talking about her onscreen persona. There’s something quiet and a little grave about her. And she’s never done any of those tits-out-I’m-a-bimbo roles. She’s not some amazingly talented actress but she’s done William Inge and Tennessee Williams on Broadway. She seemed serious enough to be a replacement for Jodie Foster when they needed someone for “Double Jeopardy.” She hasn’t had messy, drug fueled breakups with rock stars or leaked nudes (has she??)

By Hollywood standards she’s practically a nun.

by Anonymousreply 268January 30, 2023 11:23 PM

If a parent wants to fuck up their child for the rest of his or her life, this is one great way to do it.

by Anonymousreply 269January 30, 2023 11:43 PM

I think Wy will be holding that note when she eventually shoots herself R269, just so the world knows how much it hurt her.

by Anonymousreply 270January 31, 2023 12:21 PM

I can't imagine, no matter how bad times got between my parents and me, having to deal with their last words being I don't want you around. There was thought behind that letter. Even if she was out of her head at the time, the idea that the her head was in a place against you at her death must be painful. There is nothing ever to be said, no apology or making it better, no getting to a better place. I can't imagine the mental gymnastics neccessary to minimize the impact of those words for the rest of your life.

by Anonymousreply 271January 31, 2023 12:27 PM

[quote]I can't imagine the mental gymnastics necessary to minimize the impact of those words for the rest of your life.

"Ehh, she was always a loony bitch.. Good riddance. I'm ready to move on."

by Anonymousreply 272January 31, 2023 9:08 PM

Poor orphan.

by Anonymousreply 273January 31, 2023 9:38 PM

R272 is right. Having a severely mentally ill parent hurts you for years when you're young, but by the time you're middle-aged, you're just numb to them and their shenanigans. You've formed armor against them and whatever stupid-ass stunt they pull, you just shrug.

by Anonymousreply 274February 1, 2023 3:27 PM

I find it hilarious that someone about to commit suicide calls someone else "mentally ill." A lot of us recognize a narcissistic parent when we see one.

Poor Wynonna. I hope she's in therapy and healing somehow.

by Anonymousreply 275February 1, 2023 3:35 PM

[quote]R274 Having a severely mentally ill parent hurts you for years when you're young, but by the time you're middle-aged, you're just numb to them and their shenanigans.

Mmmm… not for me, sadly. I’ve had tons of sex starting as a teen but having been raised by 1 alcoholic and 1 manic depressive, I have enormous intimacy issues that have kept me from ever being in a committed relationship.

My brother’s never been in a relationship, either.

Coincidence?

by Anonymousreply 276February 1, 2023 7:07 PM

ugly genes?

by Anonymousreply 277February 1, 2023 7:18 PM

^^ No. Our parents were both good looking enough to have done 1 modeling job each. And that was just from being picked out in public - they weren’t in the business.

Looks aren’t my family’s problem. In fact I think it hampered all our development in the long run because when you have a face people respond to some things are just given to you without your identity or personality being a factor.

by Anonymousreply 278February 1, 2023 7:53 PM

lolz

by Anonymousreply 279February 1, 2023 8:07 PM

My skeeter would never do this to our precious Tiffany Thelma!

by Anonymousreply 280February 1, 2023 9:14 PM

R278 Does your brother use run-on sentences like you?

by Anonymousreply 281February 2, 2023 3:05 AM

R276 He was not saying that he isn't still fucked up himself. He was saying at a certain point you become numb to the antics of your PARENTS. That even though your life might still be a problem, you don't respond to the triggers of your parents the same as an adult like you did as a kid. So the note that Naomi left would not have the same impact on Wynona as it would someone who hadn't suffered the crazy their entire life.

by Anonymousreply 282February 2, 2023 5:56 AM

Naomi was a Crazy Country Cunt

by Anonymousreply 283February 2, 2023 7:02 AM

Sorry if I missed this trying to skim the thread but Wynonna became estranged from her mother at around age 30 and stayed that way for about 10 years.

So she knows her mother is a narcissist and I'd bet she's glad she's gone.

Wikipedia: In November 2003, Wynonna taped an appearance on an episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show discussing what she described as a severe dependence on food.[30] The episode aired in February 2004. Judd had been working with the show in an effort to lose weight and get to the root of her dependence. In September 2005, she made a second appearance on the show, discussing how she had lost some weight. She also focused on improving relationships with her mother and her father Michael Ciminella, from whom she had been estranged for almost a decade.

by Anonymousreply 284February 2, 2023 7:45 AM

And I don't know why they called Ciminella her father - he was her stepfather, or in any case, not her biological father - though he's Ashley's bio-dad.

Wynonna was born Christina Claire Ciminella[4] in Ashland, Kentucky, on May 30, 1964.[5] Her mother (then known as Diana) had quickly married Michael Ciminella after being abandoned by Charles Jordan, her boyfriend and Judd's biological father.[6] Jordan died in 2000.

by Anonymousreply 285February 2, 2023 7:47 AM

Baby Boomer-on-Gen X violence! How typical of the type of dysfunction that these two generations have brought to the country!

by Anonymousreply 286February 2, 2023 8:01 AM

So Naomi and Wynonna Judd were really Diana and Christina Ciminella? What crazy shit is this?

by Anonymousreply 287February 2, 2023 9:05 AM

Can you imagine R287 at the Grand Ole Opry the sound of "Wontch y'all please give a warm kuntry welcome to the singin' Ciminellas!"

by Anonymousreply 288February 2, 2023 2:20 PM

You can't get more kuntry than Judd sceptin' Corn or Churn

by Anonymousreply 289February 2, 2023 2:28 PM

An a name like Judd I rekin bring ta mind them taddies, 3 pair, 6 altogether

by Anonymousreply 290February 2, 2023 2:35 PM

What a fucking cunt! If there's a hell, you know where to find her.

by Anonymousreply 291February 8, 2023 10:35 AM

R291 Wow, what a fascinating contribution

by Anonymousreply 292February 8, 2023 11:01 AM

So was yours, r292! Thanks for playing.

by Anonymousreply 293February 8, 2023 11:05 AM

That is the best suicide note ever. It’s perfection.

by Anonymousreply 294February 8, 2023 11:33 AM

And yet, Wy and Naomi were planning on a huge tour with each other in the future. Does not make any sense unless it was strictly for the dollars and cents.

Still my favorite performance by Wynonna. Absolutely powerful and majestic:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295February 8, 2023 12:15 PM

So Wy was the fat one with talent? And Naomi was the pretty one who resented having to drag her cinder-block of a daughter around just to get booked?

by Anonymousreply 296February 8, 2023 3:36 PM

R296, yes

by Anonymousreply 297February 8, 2023 3:38 PM

Ha, I went anyway! You lose, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 298February 16, 2023 12:47 PM

All three of them were really beautiful in their youth.

by Anonymousreply 299February 16, 2023 7:02 PM

Naomi Judd didn't 'suffer' from depression as she's falsely claimed after she could no longer hide her mental illness. She suffered (or rather her surroundings suffered) from narcissistic personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 300February 26, 2023 6:15 PM

Yep. Same for Priscilla Presley.

Pity their children.

by Anonymousreply 301February 26, 2023 6:17 PM

Ashley on stage with Jason Patric.

The play needs no introduction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302February 26, 2023 6:52 PM

And she passed that narcissistic PD on to Ashley. I've never seen or heard anyone more performative than her. Take about a false sense of self she projects.

by Anonymousreply 303February 27, 2023 4:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!